Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11415 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer
4. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 12:23 eRe4s3r

MajorD wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 12:15:

@eRe4s3r: May have been a temporary glitch in the matrix for you at the time, as I just watched the embedded video.

Nope, definitely region locked ;( And I tried with various anti-region lock sites too.. nothing. In fact ALL Bethesda videos (literally, all of them from their youtube channel) don't work for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 6
3. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 6 Jun 15, 2017, 12:03 eRe4s3r

Let's face it, all the big announcements will come during Gamescom in August. Not just because it's the flat out better (and bigger!) event, but because it's closer when these publishers are trying to build hype for a xmas releases.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2017, 12:23.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer
1. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 11:50 eRe4s3r

Video not available? Strange...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2017, 11:32 eRe4s3r

That moment, when the the best possible joke is made before anyone even commented.

Also, I read "We could soon be painting hour horses with solar paint" ... must be coffee deprivation

Ps.: Nobody had commented when I typed this comment and forgot to post it while trailing to the links in another tab.. lmao

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2017, 03:32 eRe4s3r

That fire gives me the fucking creeps, I regularly visit my friend who lives in a 32 story skyscraper, he's on the 31st floor. But.. the cladding ain't flammable, there is a part of the building (behind 2 emergency doors that look like they'd survive nuclear blasts) that's completely detached from the rest of the building with a fire elevator and a emergency stairwell.

To even contemplate such a building not having a fire alert system, that is literally beyond my imagination. That is insane. If that is true what the people who survived say then the owner of that building is a mass murderer.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Return to Olethros Launches
1. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Return to Olethros Launches Jun 15, 2017, 03:16 eRe4s3r

Dang, this game ended up on 49% on Steam, is that deserved?  

Console Gaming > Persona 5 or FFXV?
2. Re: Persona 5 or FFXV? Jun 15, 2017, 03:09 eRe4s3r

To be honest, matters more what you want out of your game. 1 Is a really fancy mystery, 1 is a basically a very fancy roadtrip, both are excellent, but both require you to be in a certain mood to really enjoy them.

Welcome to Bluesnews But do not ever base your buying decisions on forum comments. Would you enjoy a road-trip and exploration? Or would you enjoy mystery and suspense? if you swing towards Persona 5 then that's what you gotta get, but remember, both games are basically "over" when you are trough them. So maybe you can buy them used and get both for the price of 1 full price... ,p

News Comments > Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced
22. Re: Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced Jun 15, 2017, 02:19 eRe4s3r

Ye might wanna hold off on this update and DLC, it breaks tooltips... and without tooltips, nothing in this game magic wise is functional.

Actually, it breaks a lot more than that as I just discovered in a short play... not really enjoying these events either, just got one 2s before reaching my destination on the map and was teleported right back to where I started that 3day travel... great!

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2017, 03:11.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 14, 2017, 21:58 eRe4s3r

Well this is firewire all over again then.  

News Comments > Tropico 6 Announced
4. Re: Tropico 6 Announced Jun 14, 2017, 07:12 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 18:18:
My (8 year old) son and I still play Tropico 2 together. I never understood why people didn't care for that game, it's so much fun. We just can't get into the Kalypso era Tropico.

Same, I found the newer Tropico games tremendously boring... it seems with every update they dumbed it down more too, which is maybe unfair (maybe I was just getting used to everything too much) but still... Tropico 3/4/5/6 were the same games imo, just with bigger price and more DLC's... and this trailer LOOKS exactly like the one for Tropico 5... I can't even tell if that is game graphics or just their idea of graphics, but even the trailer looks really boring.

And I still think they deviated way too much from the Tropico 1/2 formula to even call this Tropico at this point... but hey.. if people buy it..

Also, it now a console game.. so yea..

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jun 14, 2017, 06:51 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 04:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 05:41:
Speaking of weird science ticks, I just started reading the Foundation series from Asimov (Psychohistory, and that) and instantly got curious whether that is a real science, and well... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uh-VQy24l8&t=56s

I feel that you are trying to precipitate a Seldon Crisis.

Well I didn't even need Psychohistory to know that putting Polystyrene on a 24 story skyscraper is maybe not such a great idea... Well, unless you wanted to build a 24-story torch in the middle of London, that is.

And that's the problem. This was predicted. Everyone knew about it (so it should have been impossible to occur) and yet, it happened.

So imo, I think Psychohistory is never gonna be a thing, because even if you predict a crisis, if you assume always the worst you might as well not bother with a prediction. My prediction: nobody is gonna go to jail for this. (that's the optimistic prediction, the pessimistic one is: Nobody responsible will go to jail for this.

News Comments > Steam Direct Begins
7. Re: Steam Direct Begins Jun 14, 2017, 03:36 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 02:16:
I'm trying to understand how Steam Direct is an improvement over Greenlight. As I understand it, you pay your $100 and your game is on Steam. That's it. So how does that keep all the crap off Steam vs. Greenlight which was heavily gamed?

There is more to it than that, specifically there are now trading card restrictions until you earned a fixed amount of money with the game... something which was used previously to scam the steam store and make literally around $5k per (asset flipped) game. And there were around ~200 of those.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 13, 2017, 23:03 eRe4s3r

And they want to curb TV show piracy? Hahahahahahhaaaaa

Maybe try offering a fucking proper option on -1- service for all shows, for us "foreigners" to watch your stuff?

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 13, 2017, 05:41 eRe4s3r

Speaking of weird science ticks, I just started reading the Foundation series from Asimov (Psychohistory, and that) and instantly got curious whether that is a real science, and well... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uh-VQy24l8&t=56s  

News Comments > Skull & Bones Announced
7. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 13, 2017, 02:53 eRe4s3r

Rigs wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 00:01:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 23:54:
I totally agree. I also think it is outrageous when a game forces you to play it longer than 15 minutes to experience everything it has to offer.

/s

Oh, I know, right! How dare I expect the same out of game that everyone in their right mind would expect in a movie at the cinema! I mean, it's entertainment after all, you'd think they'd have similar standards. Wacko

=-Rigs-=

When people tell you it's the best and most visually and audio immersive and impressive medieval naval combat game we have to date, and you don't even GET to that part because you got bored in the tutorial (Which was shit in any AC game ever) then maybe the problem is you ;p What is not you, is when you crashed at that point, because I crashed there too, took me 3 tries and graphic options to low to get past it. Ran fine from then on... until it crashed again and I had to repeat this to get past the next particular cutscene.. pretty sure that was never fixed in a patch.

But you know, you kinda have to have a handle on the combat system if you want to board and capture ships where you are facing stiff opposition of hostile dudes who can easily defeat you if you muck about without a tight grip on the combat controls.

Black Flag is to me a great SP naval combat pirate game, and everything ELSE that it was sucked. So yeah.

Sadly THIS game here, is another Ubisoft PvP online mess, The Division with ships, basically.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 12, 2017, 20:39 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 20:10:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 10:40:
A hand warmer that doubles as a mouse pad.
Sweaty palms everywhere rejoice.

I'm skeptical of the long-term effects of having my hand on an EMF for hours per day, 300+ days per year strong enough to wirelessly charge a mouse.

Perhaps you could have the wireless charging turn on for a couple hours at 3AM or something when I'm not using it.

Seems to me it's a pretty stupid idea anyway, since you trade 1 cable on the mouse for 1 cable on the mouse pad, what you gain there exactly, aside from adding more things that "break" into your setup (batteries and mousepad)

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Week
8. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Week Jun 12, 2017, 18:56 eRe4s3r

For me, and I have to agree with some posters, TF1 and TF2 screamed COD and I hated that with a passion. I hate this floaty non-heavy movement and gun-feel. I think it feels horrible and it's no fun to be good at the game either. Dominating a round with 4 friendly Titans out that know what they are doing is boring as hell, and the Titans feel like mounting a giraffe head, you sit higher, but the entire thing feels wobbly and broken. There is no gravitas to the movement, no weight to the (very large!) guns. The entire game feels like just a scaled up COD.

And with Infinity War or something (I forgot the name, that SciFI cod) it's actually come to pass that Titan Fall feels inferior as a setting, and that's with the totally shittily put together setting in that SCI-FI cod.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 12, 2017, 18:48 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 11:34:
Interesting article on the flop that was the Steam Machine.

Anything less than 100% parity with mainstream Windows releases is going to be a non-starter for a Linux gaming platform. The only way we get Linux gaming is if Microsoft decides to discontinue Windows.

Would be interesting for historians to deduce what global catastrophe would have forced MS to actually do that though, if that were to happen that is. If anything, W10 is a clear indicator that MS wants windows to stay, for eternity if it can help it. And we sure don't have any competition that could change that. OSX and Linux piddle in the 1% and that ain't because they are bad, but because a back catalog of 9000 games, at least 10% of which are rated above 85% in steam reviews, is simply not possible to ignore.

Even if all games now released supported Linux, the problem of the back catalog will not disappear. It's why even W10 x64 has a 16/32bit emulation layer. Not because MS is good and beautiful at heart, but because back catalog matters.

Remember, most gamers will be SWITCHING from Windows. So they would have to gain something that offsets a net loss of access to the back catelog. And I use Linux daily, I don't see it as a viable OS for gaming and I don't think it will ever be unless the core Linux foundation collapses or something.

News Comments > Origin Access Free This Week
13. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Jun 12, 2017, 18:27 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 09:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 04:55:
So this is a 2 week period where I can't touch BF1 unless I wanna see a dozen cheaters in every game.... gee, Thanks EA.

Sigh, we've been over this, read the thread.

Fair enough. Blames on me

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Trailer
18. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 18:23 eRe4s3r

Anyone getting hyped over a staged trailer with actors (who clearly do not play the game) doing the voice over and that all at E3 needs to get their head examined. E3 is a fake show, nothing shown here by the big players is real gameplay. NOTHING.  

11415 Comments. 571 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo