Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10033 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 28, 2016, 13:27 eRe4s3r

Wouldn't the real problem be read/write speed, degradation, zero radiation resistance and the interface?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta
7. Re: Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta Apr 27, 2016, 21:02 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 19:14:
OMG HORSE ARMOR...... *giggles for a second and runs away screaming*

For Fallout 4, the real modding challenge would be to add a horse mod before the horse armor mod though ;p

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Rewards
9. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Rewards Apr 26, 2016, 11:43 eRe4s3r

The thing I don't get is why they don't implement some meta progression that allows you to gain progression in a different level of gameplay by playing every now and then.. like a clicker game for a dungeon crawler, except maybe with some production values  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 26, 2016, 11:33 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 10:59:
Of course it is - also why its not recommended for sourcing with some articles clearly being written in groupthink or misinfo by editors.

Exactly ;/ The wikipedia principle of "citation required" has lead to some absolutely absurd pieces of wrong information, and which hilariously enough is often SO WRONG that not even the scientists quoted in said articles can correct it, since it goes against what is cited...

I mean I get the idea behind this, but there are topics where this principle is absurdly silly, and often leads to exactly what you say, groupthink above true knowledge.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 26, 2016, 08:34 eRe4s3r

Kabuto wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 06:01:
The lighthouse units do fine sitting or standing (as long as one of them has a view of the headset). One of my Lighthouses failed, so I was stuck using a single unit for a week, which worked for non-360 degree stuff.

How do games detect the Vive/Controllers? Is it something you have to assign before start and hope the game actually works, or is it in-game?

Reason I am asking is that I would think this could become a huge issue if oculus games and vive games suddenly have mutual exclusive api... so you are always locked out of some games...

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 26, 2016, 08:31 eRe4s3r

Talking about HOTS and balance.. recently tried out Smite, and to say that this game is balanced is like saying moon-rocks are made out of cheese.

Point being, since then I actually think HOTS is pretty decently balanced.. compared to other F2P titles anyway.

News Comments > John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter
15. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 17:53 eRe4s3r

Necrophob wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 17:47:
So at what backer tier do you get to virtually choke John Romero? Also, that was some truly horrible voice-over work. Might be an interesting game, though. Did I miss what game engine they'll be using?

Unreal 4.. it's way at the end in the FAQ

News Comments > John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter
14. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 17:52 eRe4s3r

I am sure the Daikatana publisher pitch sounded much the same...  

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Apr 25, 2016, 17:39 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 16:45:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 15:03:
Beamer wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 14:58:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 14:44:
Beamer wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 14:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 13:57:
Tachikoma wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 11:14:
Wow, lost for words...the logic of your average redneck redditor is astonishing: some journos fall for a trollbait = WE WUZ RITE BOUT TEH #GG GUISE!!!111!

*facepalm*...also, HL3 confirmed.

So you don't consider fact checking (that takes like, 5 minutes for this) kinda important for news sites ?

Article is beating that dead horse though, true Doesn't make it any less valid.

Does Blue never get anything wrong? Is he infallible, or is it just that people overlook it because they like Blue and realize he's doing so much that the occasional mistake, error, or bad article will come through?

Blue is an aggregator, not a journalist. There's a rather significant and obvious difference there.

It's not like these were serious stories. When it comes to these one-offs, these sites are basically also aggregators.

They fell for a Reddit hoax. I don't think there's a single news source out there that hasn't, be it in sports, politics, world news, economies, etc.

Saying "that 24 year old who has to write 5 blurbs per day on IGN should have spent a few hours going into the game and verifying this" seems unreasonable. But this is coming from the same people that, when Kotaku broke news of Fallout 4, claimed Kotaku was being unethical.

It would have taken like half an hour tops to verify the story. Don't call yourself a journalist if you can't do basic journalistic practices and are literally just copy-pasting what you see elsewhere.

As for Kotaku, if you want examples of lack of ethics and proper journalism, the leaking of Fallout 4 is among the lightest of things that site is guilty of. If you think that's a journalistic site, well fine but we have very different definitions of journalism is.

Half an hour is an eternity in internet time, and half an hour is something these people don't have. Look at this forum - a huge chunk of people here claim they use ad blockers. Running these sites isn't hugely profitable, and there's zero chance that the half an hour it would take to verify this would get paid back. It's time poorly spent.

I do not think Kotaku is journalistic, which is also why GamerGate's fury at them over "ethics" confuses me - it's a blog. And leaking Fallout 4 was something they did actually journalistic, so calling it unethical is asinine. 95% of what they do is idiocy and not worth reading, but when they actually do some investigative reporting and come up with something interesting and valuable, people cry "unethical!" even though it literally violates no ethics. It's just people grinding an ax because they have hurt feelings.

Which is what this comes across as. Website fooled by reddit, film at 11. Happens all the damn time. Who cares? No one lost anything.

In fact we gained something ;p

Imo it's far worse when gaming sites use youtube content from people without asking permission or giving credit. Seen that dozens of times (especially with mods)

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 25, 2016, 17:37 eRe4s3r

7nm... cpu? With the problems this fab process allegedly has (yields, prices)?  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Apr 25, 2016, 13:57 eRe4s3r

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 11:14:
Wow, lost for words...the logic of your average redneck redditor is astonishing: some journos fall for a trollbait = WE WUZ RITE BOUT TEH #GG GUISE!!!111!

*facepalm*...also, HL3 confirmed.

So you don't consider fact checking (that takes like, 5 minutes for this) kinda important for news sites ?

Article is beating that dead horse though, true Doesn't make it any less valid.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2016, 05:22 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Apr 24, 2016, 19:46:
And my friends who read the books are the most adamant about not watching, as they basically hate it.

Well yeah. They know they will never to finish the story, unlike the TV watchers.

Very true Also it's even more relevant because the show is, by far, the best fantasy TV series ever made. If someone hates this show then it is for many things, but not because it exists when the books do too ,)

And having read and watched this, books and show are imo 2 different paths of entertainment...

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Apr 24, 2016, 15:00 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 16:30:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 15:27:
Quinn wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 14:21:
A bit late, but in a moment of weakness I bought Star Wars: Battlefront. So what the hell, I decided to do this quick review.

If ya want add me on Origin, I'm looking to do the co-op missions with someone and sadly you can only invite friends.
CptRanger

Will do!

Well it was clear from the beta ,) Good review

News Comments > Steamship - Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
5. Re: Steamship - Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Apr 22, 2016, 09:12 eRe4s3r

According to the steam forums it seems prone to crashes and is extremely buggy ~.~

Sigh...

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2016, 05:27 eRe4s3r

I'm avoiding JAVA like the cholera...

Thankfully most open source things realized that Java is not a base you should use

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 21, 2016, 00:03 eRe4s3r

Imagine that bad day, only 500 times worse, and it ain't caused by your feelings but by a chemical imbalance in the brain. Which is why depression is a real illness that needs treatment, it is not something you can (usually) just ignore and live with.

What you write is part of the reason why depression is such a taboo topic. Too many old people have no clue that depression is not something made up out of nowhere, but a real brain illness that can quite literally (make you) kill you.

I don't have it, so all I can do is maybe give you an example to realize how these people feel. Can you remember the last time something REALLY bad happened to you? Do you remember that feeling of existential dread? That is kinda what these people feel, every second of the day, in various degrees of strength. You can live with that because you felt it once in your life for a few hours, they LIVE with that feeling constantly, it is an always existing nightmare on every thought, on every mood.

I hope this answers your "wondering"

TL;DR
Depression needs medical treatment and making this illness a taboo is pushing more and more people away from that treatment.

News Comments > The Technomancer in June
4. Re: The Technomancer in June Apr 20, 2016, 23:35 eRe4s3r

Looks actually a lot tamer than Mars Log War.. or War Log Mars? Something like that...

should probably play it again ;p

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 20, 2016, 06:00 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 22:37:
Intel could have a lot more money if they could figure out how to make a much faster processor in the $300 range. Static over here. It's not like we don't want to buy, you just aren't giving us a reason. Are we at the end?

It seems we actually are at the end of the what performance we can expect out of a single core... this, or Intel has serious FAB issues.

It's also interesting because the DX12 Intel performance scaling test shows that DX12 properly done allows for a huge performance gain depending on how many cores you have (up to a performance ceiling dictated, currently, by the GPU/driver)

This means single cpu core performance level is actually the PRIMARY ISSUE of low FPS for games running on anything lower than DX12, and I assume properly done Vulkan will show the same patterns.

This means the only way is the way to many cores, 128 or 256 cores, and this will also mean that single core performance for older non-threadable applications will be downright horrible.

So what is a CPU maker to do? Either more cores or more efficiency, but it seems they can't make more efficient and more cores with faster single core performance...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 20, 2016, 05:50 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 20, 2016, 02:23:
What drives a world-class eSports competitor?

His mother

What if she is a professional rally driver? ^^

News Comments > Mafia III in October
19. Re: Mafia III in October Apr 19, 2016, 13:30 eRe4s3r

Exactly, if you don't like season passes then don't buy them and especially for a game like this... exclusive vehicles and weapons for pre-order are far worse.

btw, this is the first time I ever heard the term "black mob" is this going to be more a crime fantasy game then? I mean sure there were gangs, but a black mob?

Not even sure what this has to do with Mafia... aside that Mafia is the apparent enemy, but why call the game Mafia when we are not playing as the Mafia..... I am confused

This comment was edited on Apr 19, 2016, 13:44.

10033 Comments. 502 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo