Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10297 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Jul 10, 2016, 20:35 eRe4s3r

Devinoch wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 17:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 15:16:
Good idea, also illegal as fuck.. store reviewing it's own sold products when that store also sells their VERY OWN products.. in what 3rd world country does the guy live where this is allowed and legal?

"Illegal." That's hilarious, dude. I mean, A+, amazing trolling here. Like, the level of ignorance on display is truly astounding. Double down next time.

Illegal in the EU at least, for sure, unethical as fuck everywhere else. Collusion and danger of bribery and corruption.. and for what? So that 1 fair review per game gets showcases SOMEWHERE on steam?

Anyway, no point to reply to you beyond that~

I just think this would destroy walls that should not be destroyed. Steam is a store, it's bad enough that with VR funding and hardware sales it's a muddy as hell affair already, it is not the place you go to to cry when user reviews beat your game up.

What Steam needs is MORE distance from reviews, not less. A better rating system for user reviews and a better rating and report system to use ON user reviews....

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2016, 20:59.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jul 10, 2016, 15:16 eRe4s3r

Good idea, also illegal as fuck.. store reviewing it's own sold products when that store also sells their VERY OWN products.. in what 3rd world country does the guy live where this is allowed and legal?  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 9, 2016, 14:39 eRe4s3r

Fantaz wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 14:36:
everyone i know is playing pokemon go... good job nintendo!

And everyone else yet to get the DL option in the store is waiting direly not gonna risk a ban

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 9, 2016, 13:25 eRe4s3r

Pokemon Go is quite ingenious to get people to explore nature (haha).. now if only it would launch in Germany....  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: reasons Jul 9, 2016, 13:18 eRe4s3r

Genesys wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 13:07:
Well, you have to admit it's balanced reporting :)

Balanced in the way that both are clickbait

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 9, 2016, 13:09 eRe4s3r

ViRGE wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 06:29:
I'm not even sure I'd call that a game? It's a visual novel with pre-rendered figures. Which isn't to knock the gameplay, but "NSFW game" brings something entirely different to mind.

Well it is certainly NSFW.. but so is 90% of bluesnews on a friday

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 9, 2016, 12:46 eRe4s3r

I give it 3 weeks...  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: The Crazy Plan One Guy Used To Get The World's Highest Steam Level Overnight… Jul 9, 2016, 12:25 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 10:55:
$13,000 on games he'll most likely never play, to get a Steam badge. This is why humanity is doomed, people.

Spending money on games seems like a good, if not the best use of money imo...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Kentucky Anon Jul 8, 2016, 17:19 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 16:35:
At first I was going to say "He will have much lulz in prison", but I actually kind of agree with what he did, so it's (bleeping bleepbleep) that he will undoubtedly get a longer prison sentence than the two "football players" who got 1 and 2 years in prison for what was described as a "horrific rape of a teenage girl."

As always, in the US, the answer to "How can I get away with shit and not go to jail?" is:

A) Be rich
B) Be a football player

You forgot
C) Be white

*Just read this http://www.vox.com/2015/5/28/8661977/race-police-officer so I am in cynical mood now ;p

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
51. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 8, 2016, 17:02 eRe4s3r

saluk wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 16:10:
"Other than the planets"... erm. You mean other than the primary reason the devs built this game? Yes, this game is going to be a pretty planet simulator. That's probably all it is. I'm cool with that, considering how early we are in the development of the pretty planet simulator genre.

No Man's Sky has to exist before my ultimate dream game will.

I think some people are incredibly short sighted - both those who think that NMS IS going to be that ultimate dream game, and those who think that if it ISN'T, it's a complete failure.

The thing though is, that your dream game, assuming that is an procedurally generated saga with the planet visuals of Mass Effect only that you can walk everywhere, and shoot everything, or.. you know, not, is never gonna happen as long as these developers target consoles with outdated hardware and inferior performance in all regards.

News Comments > F1 2016 Multiplayer Details
1. Re: F1 2016 Multiplayer Details Jul 7, 2016, 21:08 eRe4s3r

Could this be.. an actual good F1 game? Realistic damage, tire behavior and flags... finally....

Kinda hyped for this

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
16. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 7, 2016, 20:55 eRe4s3r

Bumpy wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 20:28:
It's bound to be more interesting than Mass Effect's planet exploring, right?

Maybe.. at least if we are talking about ME1

PC version releasing in a timely fashion as well? (August 10 according to Steam..)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2016, 20:19 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 14:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 13:44:
What you have is likely a gas cylinder and... forget repairing that. Replacement is 15$ tops

obligatory how-to video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiDby4FouwQ

Btw, just a fair warning, you see him applying WD40 there, don't skip that step. Once you got piston removed, take measurements and buy replacement (10 to 15$ afaik) if it's standard replacement piston maybe even for your chair you have good chances it'll work like in the video.

Thanks man

Just be sure to measure the cylinder properly ^^
There is also a far better how-to for that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hvb4gdI_j0

Youtube is a surprising source of very good guides for this kind of stuff. And you can get replacement cylinders from amazon

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2016, 20:07 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 14:22:
Anyone here sprechen Deutsch or Turkish? eRe4s3r?

How is the name 'Can' (as in Emre Can) pronounced by German football commentators? Khan, San, Jan, Chan (like in 'channel')? British commentators usually pronounce it Chan but it varies and they frequently suck at foreign names anyway.

Soft ch with a note of T in there, like Japanese "chan" yes but if you say it like that you are missing a sharp sound at the beginning that is kinda like a very short t that flows directly into the chan.

Anyway, have to say we lost that game deservedly...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2016, 13:44 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 13:26:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:43:
Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:17:
Verno, since you're the chair fix magician ( ), any idea what part I need to fix a chair where the hydraulics have failed? (Ie, the chair won't stay at the highest position anymore. As soon as anyone sits on it, it slowly starts sliding down.)
With the chair at the height you like, measure the exposed cylinder.
Cut a piece of pvc pipe that is the same length. 1/2, 3/4 or 1" Schedule 80 depending on shaft diameter. You want to slice the piece of pipe down the middle or in half (lengthwise) and wrap it around the shaft. Secure in place with 2 worm gear hose clamps or heavy duty tie wraps. Goes without saying but you won't have bouncy failing hydraulics or height adjustment capability anymore.

Sitting in one "southern engineered" like it right now.

Hehe, yeah, I'd thought about turning it into a Redneck Office Chair. I tend to use it in various spots where I need to vary the height though, so sadly that wouldn't work.

What you have is likely a gas cylinder and... forget repairing that. Replacement is 15$ tops

obligatory how-to video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiDby4FouwQ

Btw, just a fair warning, you see him applying WD40 there, don't skip that step. Once you got piston removed, take measurements and buy replacement (10 to 15$ afaik) if it's standard replacement piston maybe even for your chair you have good chances it'll work like in the video.

News Comments > Cricket Captain 2016 Released
10. Re: Cricket Captain 2016 Released Jul 7, 2016, 13:25 eRe4s3r

ventry wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 18:33:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 05:55:
VaranDragon wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 05:10:
ventry wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 20:04:

That would be anyone born outside of the USA.

Erm...no.

Particularly since I am.. you know, European, and nowhere in Europe (UK/NL aside) do we play Cricket...

You sure about that?
Get on Google and do a search of "European Cricket Council", read, get educated and come back with an admission of being wrong.
Just because you don't play doesn't mean others don't.

Apparently I am indeed wrong, that mysterious German team even won something heh This sport receives really no media attention whatsoever in Germany though...

News Comments > Evolve Stage 2 Details
19. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 13:01 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:37:
maddog wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:34:
Is this game like Left 4 Dead but with aliens?

No. Nothing like it, really. It's four players vs 1 player as the monster. No hordes of zombies or anything.

At the end of each level there is a boss fight?

Well... I mean, technically, I guess. It takes about 20 minutes of running for players to corner the monster somewhere, and then they fight him. So it's sort of an end level boss fight.
(Kidding aside, there is no boss fight.)

Can I play solo with AI teammates?

Ehhh... This I don't know, really. I don't think so, but someone else can probably confirm or deny.

You certainly can, even PVP if nobody picks the monster, AI plays it. If the AI happens to play monster you are in for one hell of a round unless it gets stuck.

you can also "solo" coop it.. I guess.. but that puts you against a monster with laser accuracy and 3 other AI hunters that are braindead.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2016, 12:55 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 11:24:
And no life doesn't exist on Titan. That's just NASA trying to get the hypetrain going for more monies as usual. 'Oh there may be life there!!! Can we have a few billion to send a probe there?'

Of course it's PR, but it's also a fact that there COULD be life on Titan Didn't you play Doom? ;p

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
6. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jul 7, 2016, 06:32 eRe4s3r

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 23:39:
And yet again, despite the Vive seemingly outselling the Rift in the 2-to1 range, the Rift gets preferential treatment. Where did all of this money HTC is putting into VR development go? Because you can clearly see who Oculus funded.

HTC doesn't put money into things VR, that would be Valve, you know, the actual owner of the "HTC" Vive which in reality should be called Valve Vive. HTC does not own a single patent regarding the Vive, they produce it on license. Only thing from HTC is the HTC branding

Valve has no reason to aggressively compete against the rift exclusivity, it's gonna come to Steam no matter what, market share wins all arguments. To seam, 90 day exclusivity is more like a win-counter ticking down. After those 90 days the Oculus store will become irrelevant and developers WILL have to support the Vive.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jul 6, 2016, 20:20 eRe4s3r

I spent 4$ ... aka.. nothing really.... without the daily sales there was also a distinct lack of proper guidance to a decent game I might not have yet heard of...  

10297 Comments. 515 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo