Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10732 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2016, 21:38 eRe4s3r

swedishfriend wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 14:07:
A fast charger is nowhere near the cost of the car that is just wrong (you are off by an order of magnitude). Charging stations seem to exist in many parking lots attached to big big stores or shopping centers and malls. Electricity is already available all those places and companies make money selling electricity at charging stations so why would these stations not spread along with demand?

A kwh here costs nearly 30ct and a tesla in winter needs around 23kwh per 100km (which is really a HUGE lot)

It's cheaper to fuel your (much cheaper) car with gasoline. Now admittably the situation in Germany is weird, in that we have very high power costs due to this retarded implemented renewable energy initiative... ;p

Anyway, in Germany what you describe is not the situation at all.

Until there is a EV car that needs a lot less than 15kw/h per 100km and costs less than 10k this entire technology is pointless. At least when you have to pay for a kw/h what I have to pay... unless you buy a EV for ideological reasons, there is sadly no economical benefit for doing so. And when there is no economic benefit, well you get what I have in Germany.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2016, 21:09 eRe4s3r

Thing is, with the way electrical vehicles require KW for distance that is a bad deal currently (in Germany, with the high power cost, that is).

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2016, 21:17.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Dec 1, 2016, 20:54 eRe4s3r

Considering I have a Athlon Phenom II x4 and a GTX 670... which is as much a potato as you could envision, I can still play fine on mid settings for the most part, there aren't a lot of games I "can't run" ;p... I am still waiting for VR gen 2 to see what kinda hardware I am really gonna need. Don't feel like the current hardware is up for real VR and the resolution issue and non-dynamic lenses with the rift and vive bothers me too ~.~  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2016, 13:22 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 12:27:
PHJF wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 11:42:

That Chevy is ugly as sin - likely intentional so people don't buy them.

It looks like a slightly more sporty version of existing green vehicles...

It's long been suspected that most of the big car makers intentionally make ugly EVs precisely so people won't buy them and then they get to go to the various govts to tell them their demands for more fuel efficient vehicles are unwarranted as no one buys them. Then you go look at a Tesla and realize the only reason most people don't buy them is the price, but if they could they would. There's zero reason they can't make a smaller cheaper EV sexy too.

That you can't charge anywhere you go is probably the far greater issue. I dunno about your houses, but I have only a standard socket outside, and charging an EV car takes upwards 8 hours with that.

When I go shopping, parking houses et-al, there are ZERO charging stations anywhere. And no, Tesla isn't gonna magically fix that, as long as the charging tech installation is nearly more expensive than the car itself this is literally a dead-end technology. Because you need localized charging for this, you can't have a gas-station charge your car, it takes forever (compared to gas refill) no gas-station has space for that kind of "parked" car, and no gas-station has an industrial grade power link to the grid.

News Comments > Aqua Moto Racing Utopia Released
3. Re: Aqua Moto Racing Utopia Released Dec 1, 2016, 09:21 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 02:56:
Some of the graphics look good, like the water and jet skis, but the humans look god-awful. They don't even look human, but alien. And their textures are terrible. And don't even get me started on the awful physics modeling.

Mobile port

Actually let me quickly check.... ... googling...

Yep, mobile port.

News Comments > Darksiders - Warmastered Edition
7. Re: Darksiders - Warmastered Edition Nov 30, 2016, 07:49 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 02:33:
Heh, I thought this looked familiar. I own it and played it 5 years ago, uninstalling it after 35m. I just didn't like the console style gameplay. At all.

So you skipped Darksiders II , the flat out best 3rd person ARPG ever made (subjective praise*) hampered only slightly by console origins.... ? ;p

Maybe it's something about the visuals or story, but I really loved this dark heaven/hell mood. We had very few games that did anything worthwhile in this whole "old-school" setting.

Anyway, no point in worrying about it. Darksiders 1 was very rough, and some of the later puzzles could easily drive you insane (mainly due to how checkpoints and camera worked). I just liked them both, Darksiders 2 much more than Darksiders 1 though

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Trial This Week
14. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Trial This Week Nov 30, 2016, 07:43 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 00:15:
How could you have missed TF2 being 50% off all Black Friday?

Black Friday isn't actually a thing in Germany ^^ To me it was just a Friday with a good grilled steak. ^^

Ps.: And the steak won over Black Friday shopping handily.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2016, 07:54.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2016, 23:58 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 21:32:
Here's to hoping ABP wins all their court battles, wherever they may happen. I don't know how people deal with the Internet without it.

They use uBlock Origin ^^

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 29, 2016, 23:36 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 22:28:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 21:49:
Maybe when they price it appropriately... (60 currently and no sale) and when they do, MP is gonna be dead. So nah ;/ Burned by Titanfall 1, not gonna do that again. And sure, matches were great fun, for about 3 weeks, then the population dropped like a orbital space rod of doom.

Why bother with a trial when there is no sale for the game?

Well, it has a full (actually well done) SP campaign, and all the future MP maps and mode DLCs are free for everyone. So there's that.

They can't come out with new MP maps fast enough, as the ones in the game right now are kinda bla. They designed them more around titans this time, and less around pilots, which is a bit disappointing. Still lots of fun though, titanfall def has something going for it that no other game does, and that's hard to say about a lot of AAA games.

Yeah the feel in TF is pretty nice, but not 60 nice ;p

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2016, 22:19 eRe4s3r

Rilcon wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 20:48:
Seriously, it ticks all the boxes for a quote from a model citizen in some dystopic novel. Funny how so many of those take place in the UK...

Well the model citizen could also come from blind trust and even faith that his gov will never betray his trust, because if history has ever shown as anything, it is.. clearly, that we can trust our governments to never run astray. ;p And that elections always bring the right people to the job. And never totally batshit insane crazy people that lead to the deaths of 60 million people.

.... thankfully, back then, this technological surveillance state was not a thing.

News Comments > Darksiders - Warmastered Edition
2. Re: Darksiders - Warmastered Edition Nov 29, 2016, 21:58 eRe4s3r

Getting upgrades for free always makes me happy

And I am one of the few who adored Darksiders 1 and 2 I guess... though 1 was really difficult later on, with those teleporter puzzles.. gah

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 29, 2016, 21:49 eRe4s3r

Maybe when they price it appropriately... (60 currently and no sale) and when they do, MP is gonna be dead. So nah ;/ Burned by Titanfall 1, not gonna do that again. And sure, matches were great fun, for about 3 weeks, then the population dropped like a orbital space rod of doom.

Why bother with a trial when there is no sale for the game?

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2016, 18:59 eRe4s3r

sir wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 18:04:
Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 11:17:
Popular opposition to the law has already provoked over 133,000 citizens to sign a petition calling for its repeal, and although that is unlikely to happen, the petition's motion must now be considered by Parliament.

133,000 out of 65 million people. Kind of says it all about how most Brits value their privacy and allowing Big Brother to do whatever they want. Very sad indeed.

Actually it says more about how this story has successfully flown under the radar and received little coverage since it first became an issue, but don't let that get in the way of your obvious attempt at trolling.

It certainly flew under the radar in terms of public perception, but think about what that says about UK media... from outside (German viewpoint) it seemed like the UK media made a concerted effort to not mention this negatively. Even big proper news sites had opinion articles FOR this law. Meanwhile in Germany and elsewhere, it was considered as "something worse than 1984 put into law" (that was a sadly unofficial quote)

Meanwhile, the UN derided the law as and I quote "worse than scary" and found that the UK gov led an and I quote "orchestrated propaganda campaign through its allies in the media to get the law passed with public consent"

That is some scary shit, coming from the UN. Gotta say I am actually glad a country like that isn't in the EU for much longer

However, there was media covering it, you have nobody to blame if you didn't know about (I knew about it, and I am not even in the UK ,p)
-> http://www.independent.co.uk/topic/snoopers-charter-0

If you are a brit now you should think long and hard what you write, and to whom you reply... everything a UK citizen does online is now logged and stored for a year and can be used and shared without warrant.

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 2016, 19:22.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2016, 10:24 eRe4s3r

The UK drifts more and more to being a fascist anti-foreigner surveillance state.. sad ;/  

News Comments > INSIDE Demo
9. Re: INSIDE Demo Nov 29, 2016, 09:06 eRe4s3r

This is one of these games where I really regret having seen the full (short) play-through on a stream... That was really stupid of me. ;/  

News Comments > HITMAN Adding Offline Unlock Access
10. Re: HITMAN Adding Offline Unlock Access Nov 29, 2016, 09:02 eRe4s3r

J wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 01:11:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 14:22:
J wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 12:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 12:15:
Is this on steam yet?

lol? I think it's been on Steam since the start.

Yeah, i meant the patch ^^ Had to restart steam for it to trigger
That makes sense now. I had it download before I read the thread. Sometimes you gotta jump start the Steam.

Yeah and when I was reading the news, I had steam open for quite a while, turns out I missed like 10 updates which all promptly started after restarting steam.. SIGH. Steam really does not like coming out of hibernation apparently.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
25. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 29, 2016, 09:01 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 06:49:

Guys, we've not only got one telling us Hillary Clinton runs a pedophile ring out of a pizza joint, but he's also calling us "permavirgins."

We're one "cuck" or "beta" away from being below the bottom of the internet.

Did you look at PizzaGate, and to think thinking human beings consider this proof of anything, my goodness. If there were any truth to any of that, there would be actual law-enforcement involved. Not idiots on the internet misinterpreting out-of-context emails from a hack-dump.

Ps.: If Hillary really did that, I dunno whether to be appalled or impressed, running a pedo ring out of a fucking pizza joint? As Hillary "everyone knows her face" Clinton? Either she is a shape-shifter or these claims are bullshit on the highest level

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 28, 2016, 19:31 eRe4s3r

Interesting read that  

7. Re: HITMAN Adding Offline Unlock Access Nov 28, 2016, 14:22 eRe4s3r

J wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 12:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 12:15:
Is this on steam yet?

lol? I think it's been on Steam since the start.

Yeah, i meant the patch ^^ Had to restart steam for it to trigger

3. Re: HITMAN Adding Offline Unlock Access Nov 28, 2016, 12:15 eRe4s3r

Is this on steam yet?  

10732 Comments. 537 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo