Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12397 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed
21. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 6, 2018, 11:33 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 10:05:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 09:49:
Darks wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 08:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 03:59:
Creston wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 23:30:
Never quite liked GD, because of the truly god-awful drop rates. Legendaries are supposed to start dropping at 50. I finally quit at 67, when the game had dropped exactly 1 legendary (by the final boss, which is ALWAYS a legendary) and it was one I couldn't use at all. Why devs continue to insist on absolutely fucking retardedly low drop rates, I'll never understand.

Grim Dawn makes Borderlands 2 look downright generous in comparison.

I did play it again with a mod that

A) Massively upped the drop rates
B) Gave you like 3 or 5 skill points per level

but to make up for it, it also continuously increased the monster spawns as you leveled up. By the time I reached level ~ 60 with that, the entire screen would be filled with critters. It was actually a lot of fun, until the engine finally croaked on the thousands of spawns it was asked to create.

In any case, I got ashes of malmouth and thought it was pretty mediocre, so I'm definitely giving this a pass.

I had pretty much the same problem, for a SP game this game is utterly shit when it comes to itemization and loot. I actually KS'd the game originally and dropped it cold and hard after reaching level 50 and never finding a single usable legendary till then, not ONE.

NOT ONE

That would be just your dumb luck then, I've got a few chars over level 65 and I have them fully outfitted with legendary items.

Dont believe me, then join me in a steam game, Ill prove it and even drop you a few items to keep if you like.

We can always meet up in D3 Torment 12

I play D3 every so often, im around paragon 1200 something. My brother who is a fanatic for this game and in the best guild you can be in is over 3000 paragon.

You can add me in Battlenet if you like, I play a demon hunter as my main and a few other support toons too.

look up dark#1182

Would love to, but it tells me I can't add you because you are in different battle.net region. ;/

Here https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/eRe4s3r-2812/hero/3677835 you can see my WD and favorite at least And probably the reason I don't like Grim Dawn.. no equivalent class or build possible. Well, at least I never got anywhere close to this in Grim Dawn and I REALLY tried. I don't play D3 regularly anymore, but I still have it installed, unlike Grim Dawn ;/ Ps.: It's a solo focused horde build, so enchantress is for CC and my horde is for damage, I just stand back and apply the various legendary triggering effects

Currently downloading FF15 on my 6mbit pipe so not even an option to play it right now :/

And just to make it clear, I found Grim Dawn boring mostly because Diablo 3 after patch 2.0 (I had entirely stopped playing any of it until that hit) was such a blast that I could never go back. When my WD starts a rolling it's like the very fist of god descending upon the demon armies. Things die so fast I often can't even see them. And that is really fun ;p Loot is obviously secondary with such a "decked out" char. I only collect it for my other chars and otherwise it's just for the grinder anyway. (WD and Necro have overlap to some small extend) and I am super proud of that weapon on my WD btw

That char has less than 120hrs invested.

Ps.: If you really want to play with me something, it'd nowadays be Factorio coop ^^

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2018, 12:03.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 6, 2018, 09:49 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 08:29:
Never quite liked GD, because of the truly god-awful drop rates. Legendaries are supposed to start dropping at 50. I finally quit at 67, when the game had dropped exactly 1 legendary (by the final boss, which is ALWAYS a legendary) and it was one I couldn't use at all. Why devs continue to insist on absolutely fucking retardedly low drop rates, I'll never understand.

but to make up for it, it also continuously increased the monster spawns as you leveled up. By the time I reached level ~ 60 with that, the entire screen would be filled with critters. It was actually a lot of fun, until the engine finally croaked on the thousands of spawns it was asked to create.

In any case, I got ashes of malmouth and thought it was pretty mediocre, so I'm definitely giving this a pass.

I had pretty much the same problem, for a SP game this game is utterly shit when it comes to itemization and loot. I actually KS'd the game originally and dropped it cold and hard after reaching level 50 and never finding a single usable legendary till then, not ONE.

NOT ONE

That would be just your dumb luck then, I've got a few chars over level 65 and I have them fully outfitted with legendary items.

Dont believe me, then join me in a steam game, Ill prove it and even drop you a few items to keep if you like.

Are you right there blaming me for experiencing this games RNG ? No, good sir, game itemization sucks if there is even a chance I don't get any usable legendary for 16 levels, and that's when I stopped playing and uninstalled it ^^ Now over 5 months without this game and feeling swell. Not to mention in 16 levels I got 2 items I could use that were better, end game I think I still had ilvl 43 to 50 items for majority.

We can always meet up in D3 Torment 12

13. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 6, 2018, 07:18 eRe4s3r

panbient wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 06:06:
dropped it cold and hard after reaching level 50 and never finding a single usable legendary till then, not ONE.

NOT ONE

... but legendary items aren't even supposed to start dropping until you're level 50. The only exception I've seen in like 600 hours is if you beat the main story boss before reaching 50.

At the same time I think this is a bit of a situation similar to Pillars of Eternity and Baldur's Gate where so many complaints about PoEt stem from the fact that it doesn't operate on D&D rules and the player's refusal to accept that decision. In Grim Dawn legendary items are powerful but unlike Diablo they're not necessary until end game builds. Same as gearing up based on item level - necessary in Diablo, more likely than not to mess you up in GD. A strong blue item can be far more valuable to a build than a higher level legendary. Heck, some green rings are worth wearing just for the resistance boosts.

Well, that was kinda my point though For me gameplay changing items need to start dropping BEFORE I get bored, or leveling must be quick and smooth so that at level X stuff drops that is impactful, but long before reaching the boss. Since Grim Dawn abilities are often lackluster and only 2 or 3 are really good for a specific build I found myself wanting some actual change in power levels for the entire time till 50 something and the end boss, but why would I play a boring game beyond the end boss?

Well yeah, I wouldn't. And I didn't. ^^ And so I never actually got any legendaries which is really great game design. ^^

Ps.: Obviously to beat the end boss you have to be above level 50, and I mean it I never got a single usable legendary and I played this game through. Bad RNG leading to this is still bad game design

This game also has the problem that I find it to be one of the worst ARPG's on the market. Path of Exile is superior in every way, and free, but I admit that since i KS'd it I had higher expectations than usual maybe.

10. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 6, 2018, 03:59 eRe4s3r

NOT ONE

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 6, 2018, 01:06 eRe4s3r

Wow that Facebook headline is such enormous bullshit that I wish I could burn down CNBC right about now for wasting my time with that clickbait crap.

I am starting to get really angry at news sites that pull complete inverse news like this, because that is literally the exact opposite of what facebook asked and with the spin they added it's even complete fake news. Read the actual poll from Facebook and realize what utter BS this news is. And they wonder why everyone sees fake news nowadays.

Fuck CNBC, they are a disgrace to journalism

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 6, 2018, 00:00 eRe4s3r

Imo quite a few people here need some weed asap, give these guys their chill pill already, my goodness.

Ps.:
1# he did a stupid thing
2# the ban is correct

Clearly says in the rules and "sharing" prescription medication is most definitely illegal everywhere for a reason.

Lastly, studies have shown that taking opiods to alleviate pain is one of the best ways to ruin your life later on, as your body becomes more and more sensitive to pain which results in you feeling even MORE pain than before you took them.

So yeah.

News Comments > Swords of Ditto Next Month
1. Re: Swords of Ditto Next Month Mar 5, 2018, 22:27 eRe4s3r

Auto correct ruined your pun

As for the game, it's basically rogue lite diablo... can't say that hypes me. One of the big things about Diablo was actual progression.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2018, 11:17 eRe4s3r

Desscode is gonna bankrupt at least 600 cleavage only channels though, win for humanity.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 5, 2018, 07:44 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 04:17:

Nevertheless, this is the best game I've played since 2000. For sure.

Well I am not gonna argue your choice there, but I think the game does too many things just for "realism" without it making any sense gameplay wise, the save mechanic... and the lack of exploration rewards (well yeah, realistic, but not fun) hurt the long term enjoyment for me. I am waiting for a few more patches or mods before playing it to completion.

KC:D is a very good game though, won't deny that. It's just not what tickles my fancy. Gothic 2 especially would be what does that, and no game ever came close to touch on that specific feeling, not even Witcher 3, although that was excellent in it's own way.

Oh well.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2018, 07:03 eRe4s3r

These Oscars were total boredom, although that water monster romance was a decent flick. All other winners are meh and the speeches gave me eudemonia.

Contemplating my life choice of watching this mess that is.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2018, 22:58 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 11:00:
Why even engage with Kxmode on scientific topics? He won't argue honestly, and if (when) he gets the science wrong, he'll fall back on some good ol' Biblical Literalism that not even most Christians buy into. His argument is always the same "We don't know everything, so we know nothing."

I'm not a physicist, but it's likely impossible to know what happened "before" the Big Bang, and that's just a clickbait title not reflective of what Hawking said anyway.

Even if we imagine the existence of some kind of multiverse-spanning meta-time that allows for a linear sequence of events that led to the Big Bang, we can't even make any educated guesses. We can only know things we observe, or things we can infer mathematically from things we observe. The Higgs boson is a good example. We hadn't even observed it, but the Standard Model predicted it would be there, and we set out to prove or disprove it.

That's science. Make a prediction, test the prediction. If the model you are using keeps passing the test of experiment, you know you are on the right track.

Physics is really just math. If there's something that doesn't add up, you figure out what would need to go there to make it add up, and then try to find it to see if you are correct. Kxmode mentioned dark matter/dark energy. Well, dark matter is more like dark gravity. It may actually have nothing to do with baryonic matter. We don't know its nature, but we can observe its effects and make calculations based on those effects.

But knowing what happened "before" the Big Bang is like trying to solve a math problem where you don't know, and can't know, ANY of the numbers, or even how many variables there are, or even the mathematical rules involved.

It is thought by many physicists that the rules that govern our universe are largely arbitrary, based on random events in the earliest moments of the Big Bang where certain fields "froze" in a certain way that set the constants. There could be universes where time is weird and there is no concept of cause-and-effect. There could be universes where there are no stars or planets because gravity doesn't exist.

There are always going to be limits to what we can know, or to what degree of precision we can know something. 2 trillion years from now, there will likely be a scientist somewhere in our universe that has set about observing the night sky. Because of inflation, this scientist will not have the same data we do. The cosmic microwave background, and all the surrounding galaxies, will have red-shifted beyond the point where they can be observed by any possible technology. (The wavelength would be wider than the galaxy.) That scientist will only be able to observe their own galaxy. A very large galaxy made up of all the galaxies that were close enough to each other that the gravity pulling them together won out over the rate of inflation. Because of the inability to observe Type Ia supernovae, or other extremely distant phenomena in other galaxies, it's unlikely that this scientist could ever find evidence that inflation even exists. His observable universe is too small in scale for the effects of inflation to be observable. And without that, he cannot mathematically infer that there were ever other galaxies, and would likely never be able to find out about the Big Bang.

That knowledge would be forever locked away from him unless he found some kind of data preserved by civilizations that existed during our time. And even then, he wouldn't be able to independently verify the data.

But we're a long ways off from running out of things to learn.

I always found it amazing a thought that a civilization and species long after us would find a nearly completely black sky with no bright stars aside from their own, and likely wrongly infer from that that they are unique in the system as their perceivable universe would only be 1 solar system and maybe the faintest trace of a cluster of stars around them. But without bright stars in the sky, would humans have looked up? Would humans have reached out?

And more importantly, as the entropic death approaches higher civilizations (synthetic ones) might only even start to revive because they waited for temperatures in the universe to drop so that they can do "free" superconductivity in galaxy sized super computers.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 4, 2018, 22:43 eRe4s3r

For me I don't think any game would be able to replicate the feeling you had when you first started playing Gothic I, it was truly someone unique and special. KC:D to me, does not capture anywhere near the same feeling, it's a really boring grindfest compared to Gothic I which was 100% pure exploration and flair but also combat you needed to really understand first, and then you could maybe handle 2 orcs at once.

Also Nier: Automata ftw

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2018, 11:12 eRe4s3r

El Pit wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 10:03:
What is really interesting is that Hawking said that "Even the amount of matter in the universe can be different to what it was before the Big Bang" - that is something I find hard to swallow. Because where did the energy go that would be the difference between the amount of energy in our universe and whatever (sort of) existed before it. Yeah, I know that this "before" means there was actually a time before time itself existed as we understand it. It's a bit tricky, isn't it?

Nah, he says that time never ceased to exist within the singularity, time always existed before and after, but during the singularity time was stretched and before the singularity no space existed... which is a really fancy way of saying that time literally did not progress inside the singularity in any way we could ever understand.

Remember, before the singularity there was no space which does not mean there was nothing there, just that everything was inside the singularity protected from any physical laws of nature, so time, gravity, mass, energy are concepts we apply to reality because we observe them, but they do not apply to the singularity itself. Think of it as the entire galaxy within a singularity, only that none of our physics applied because the singularity disabled physics, by having probably near infinite energy.

Of course, that train of thought leads to the mystery of dark energy and dark matter. we really need to find out what that stuff is, because if it is really some new form of matter and energy then that would likely explain how the singularity could exist.

And that means that nothing existed outside of the singularity before the big bang. EVERYTHING existed within the singularity. So time existed within it too just probably in a strange way, otherwise it wouldn't have explodified into the universe.

But either way, we can never know anything bout the big bang as it's not observable and laws of physics don't even apply, so why bother. Would be more important to make sure we can survive the coming cold death of the entire universe, assuming we even survive the next 50 years that is ;p

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
12. Re: Saturday Mobilization Mar 4, 2018, 08:02 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 03:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 01:35:
Funfact. Everyone working minimum wage earns less than the minimum. That's why it has to increase yearly by 2% to 4%, if it does not, then every year post setting of the wage you are effectively earning LESS than the minimum wage, since the wage is relative to the exact moment you set it. Inflation devalues the wage however, meaning 15$ a hour is horrendously bad

$15/hour is what they want. Currently, the federal government has mandated a nationwide minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. Try living on that.

Wow, that's crazy low.

19. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2018, 07:58 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 18:49:
Redmask wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 16:49:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 14:11:

Really? Scientists don't know what "darkmatter/energy/whatchamacallit" is even though the stuff makes up 96% of the -- at present -- known universe. That's a REALLY big unknown variable. I think before he makes such a bold claim, he should try and find out what that elusive nougat is. Or should we simply take his word on faith?

Speaking of which, since we're in faithland, I'd like to state when time began using the Bible.

(Colossians 1:15,16) "He [or Jesus] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible,"

Jehovah God did not need "time." Time as a construct only came into existence after Jesus.

It is really something to observe religion attempt to co-opt science, after hundreds of years of fighting it. Almost like a dog licking its own asshole.

It is more about making baseless claims. Dark matter/energy is an 800-pound elephant in the room that continues to baffle scientists, and yet they make claims of knowing what happened before the big bang. Really?! Human's can't predict the future with any level of precision, so how can they predict billion of years into the past with a hulking anomaly like dark matter/energy? Frankly, it is human arrogance. Stephen Hawking's knows a great deal, but when it comes to what happened before the big bang, he knows as much as an ant knows about the weather.

Your post is decent proof that you REALLY didn't read nor understand the article.... He said literally that we can not know what happened before the big bang because time approached non-existence and thus no observations from that event can be made.

And that aside, the ancient Egyptian Empire existed 4000 years before jeebus was even a thought construct deconstructing your entire pseudo scientific religious mumbo jumbo. And neither the Egyptians 6000 years ago nor the romans 2000 years ago believed in that religion.

Point being, your entire post is utter nearly insane nonsense.

Not to mention as a proper norther barbarian my ancestors believed in tree spirits and wood beings that ate your skin while you slept, which is a far more awesome religion than your cheap avenger knockoff

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
13. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 4, 2018, 07:05 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 13:57:
Olive Garden threatens to sue satirical twitterer for tweet congratulating it for no longer selling AR-15s.

Typical corporate bullying tactics. Wouldn't stand up in court, and would be subject to a SLAPP countersuit.

Hoax is Hoax

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
10. Re: Saturday Mobilization Mar 4, 2018, 01:35 eRe4s3r

Funfact. Everyone working minimum wage earns less than the minimum. That's why it has to increase yearly by 2% to 4%, if it does not, then every year post setting of the wage you are effectively earning LESS than the minimum wage, since the wage is relative to the exact moment you set it. Inflation devalues the wage however, meaning 15$ a hour is horrendously bad

News Comments > Total War: THRONES OF BRITANNIA Fame Trailer
1. Re: Total War: THRONES OF BRITANNIA Fame Trailer Mar 4, 2018, 01:23 eRe4s3r

Man I am utterly not hyped for this.... feel like I played the same campaign already a decade ago.. only with better gameplay.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 3, 2018, 03:23 eRe4s3r

Trashy wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 10:37:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 10:12:
Putting any AAA game on the switch is a real reach. The console just does not have the HP to run them so major sacrifices have to be made.

Ours sits in the closet, it's fragility was it's downfall.
It's Diablo III, it's considerable less of a demanding game than a game like Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

It's still a 16GB behemoth that is nigh unplayable with a weak CPU and slow memory card. As someone who played D3 on a Phenom II 6 core I can assure you that game requires some SERIOUS cpu power.

That said, it's much more likely they'll port the console version to the switch, not the PC version. And that needs a lot less power. So yeah. I would actually want to play D3 console version on a Switch.. but I wouldn't want a switch just for that and 3 exclusives.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 2, 2018, 23:56 eRe4s3r

Twitter, Facebook, Google, all are imo turning into Orwellian political opinion enforcement machines. If you don't group-think the google/facebook/twitter group-think you get banned.

What a state of affairs....

This worries me actually, because such things push people on the right side of the political spectrum further and further into radical views and actions (and maybe worse, into their own much more radical group-think bubble). But apparently these companies are fine if their actions lead to murder and carnage. As long as it doesn't hurt their AD revenue....

Especially in case of Facebook and Google, which are also news aggregators, this is disastrous to public and social structures in those countries. If you can no longer say what you think, the next step is to fight the establishment that prevents you from doing that. And that never ends in flower parties and hugs.

12397 Comments. 620 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo