Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12393 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Anniversary and Sales Milestone
7. Re: Cities: Skylines Anniversary and Sales Milestone Mar 9, 2018, 01:32 eRe4s3r

Man, this and Anno 1800 (hopefully) are probably the only light in a sea of darkness when it comes to peaceful building games, I like Factorio mind you, but Factorio is still missing much of a point beyond launching a rocket.. or 1000. And much as I like RPG's and ARPG's, RTS and what not, I want my peaceful chill games ;/

Skylines kept me busy for a long long while, even made building for it, but now I am burnt out from it. Either way, incredible that they had success with this, where Sim City 5 failed so utterly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2018, 12:06 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 11:58:
As for pain meds, science should be able to come up with a non-addictive painkiller that's really effective. It's 2018 fer chrissakes.

They have painkillers like that, but they also can lead to your breathing stopping (among other things). Hence why only hospitals use them

News Comments > James Harden Outs Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII?
6. Re: James Harden Outs Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII? Mar 7, 2018, 12:05 eRe4s3r

Wouldn't be the first title that went for broken roman numerals because it "looked cooler" on the front of the box.... as if anyone still bought game boxes  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2018, 11:14 eRe4s3r

That new engine would allow a space station to maintain low earth orbit indefinitely and with no resupply of fuel needed.... just saying, if they figure this out that would be huge and completely change how satellites are built.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 7, 2018, 10:40 eRe4s3r

I hope he wins this  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released
14. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 7, 2018, 08:41 eRe4s3r

MacLeod wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 08:23:
Finished downloading the high res texture pack late last night. Can't wait to get back into the game again.

I'm still trying to figure out what the NVidia VXAO high quality ambient occlusion thing does other than drop my fps by about 9 frames. After toggling it on and off around different areas of the gas station, I saw one pipes shadowing go darker when I had normal AO turned completely off (no other differences), but no differences at all if I already had the normal AO option set to high.

VXAO is completely separate AO to normal post AO, and it only works within interior areas and specific cutscenes and specific scenes made for it in particular..... If you want 9fps in exchange for slightly less dark edges in interior and rare scenes you should leave it off I could honestly barely tell a difference, but the way it works is such that if the scene is color mapped with HDR maps you might actually entirely miss it. (ie, nearly every normal interior/open area won't have VXAO support or it would be extremely small effect)

News Comments > Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls
12. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 7, 2018, 08:37 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 07:20:
But there are tons of ways to talk to women, and to flirt, without crossing those lines. Being told there are lines you can cross isn't being told to sit with your hands under your butt waiting for some woman to talk to you.

If all you search is love, rescuing a puppy seems the better idea.

11. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 7, 2018, 07:23 eRe4s3r

beigemore wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 07:18:
Luke wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 05:24:
necrosis wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 21:51:
Only game to actually use all ov my Titan X's 12GB of memory.

So why did ya buy that card in the first place

I take it you're a minimum/recommended requirements kind of guy?

Maybe he just wants to spend money on other things, like more games, women, drugs, cars, vacations?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 04:55 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:38:
The site (CNBC) has a header beneath the headline where they list post and update date. That's what I meant

The update noted there (and the three snapshots at archive.org) predate your comment

Are you insinuating that I was lazy and kept the tab open for hours?

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 04:38 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:24:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 03:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 01:11:
Beamer wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 16:01:
Bard wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 01:06:
Wow that Facebook headline is such enormous bullshit that I wish I could burn down CNBC right about now for wasting my time with that clickbait crap.

I am starting to get really angry at news sites that pull complete inverse news like this, because that is literally the exact opposite of what facebook asked and with the spin they added it's even complete fake news. Read the actual poll from Facebook and realize what utter BS this news is. And they wonder why everyone sees fake news nowadays.

Fuck CNBC, they are a disgrace to journalism

All media has an Agenda that's easy to see when you pay attention - people just don't notice because aaaw puppies

Or, people can't read and/or are conspiracy theorists.

As others pointed out, the CNBC headline isn't incorrect. Especially the headline currently up, "Facebook survey asked if 'adult man' should be allowed to request 'sexual pictures' from 14-year-old," which is wholly accurate. But the one Blue quoted is still accurate - Facebook did release a survey that asked people if child-predator content is ok. It wasn't intentional, but it's what they did.

When I rant on a news piece and it says "updated" in the header after my comment then you can be sure I was referencing something they changed. I mean, seriously. I am not going on random rants for giggles. That original headline (when you clicked the link) was complete and utter fake news. Alas, no screenshot <-> no cake, so whatever.

What the butts are you talking about? Where does it say "updated" in the header(?) after your comment?
Beamer quoted the original headline (assuming Blue used and is still using that) and the new one from the article.

I am talking about the headline on the actual news site It was different from the text linked here and different from what it is now. But I guess without proof I might as well talk about fairies. ^^

I was more wondering about the "'updated' in the header after my comment"

The site (CNBC) has a header beneath the headline where they list post and update date. That's what I meant

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 04:24 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 03:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 01:11:
Wow that Facebook headline is such enormous bullshit that I wish I could burn down CNBC right about now for wasting my time with that clickbait crap.

I am starting to get really angry at news sites that pull complete inverse news like this, because that is literally the exact opposite of what facebook asked and with the spin they added it's even complete fake news. Read the actual poll from Facebook and realize what utter BS this news is. And they wonder why everyone sees fake news nowadays.

All media has an Agenda that's easy to see when you pay attention - people just don't notice because aaaw puppies

As others pointed out, the CNBC headline isn't incorrect. Especially the headline currently up, "Facebook survey asked if 'adult man' should be allowed to request 'sexual pictures' from 14-year-old," which is wholly accurate. But the one Blue quoted is still accurate - Facebook did release a survey that asked people if child-predator content is ok. It wasn't intentional, but it's what they did.

When I rant on a news piece and it says "updated" in the header after my comment then you can be sure I was referencing something they changed. I mean, seriously. I am not going on random rants for giggles. That original headline (when you clicked the link) was complete and utter fake news. Alas, no screenshot <-> no cake, so whatever.

What the butts are you talking about? Where does it say "updated" in the header(?) after your comment?
Beamer quoted the original headline (assuming Blue used and is still using that) and the new one from the article.

I am talking about the headline on the actual news site It was different from the text linked here and different from what it is now. But I guess without proof I might as well talk about fairies. ^^

8. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 7, 2018, 04:08 eRe4s3r

MattyC wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 03:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 01:18:
Not to even speak of the 4k pack.

I imagine 4k packs will be giving most of us (in the US anyway) flashbacks to the late 90s for some time to come

As a German the flashback is perpetual ^^ It's however my own fault, I should have checked this before moving here but when I moved here the city proudly proclaimed that THIS street would get 100mbit, well yeah, it did, 100mbit with throttling for a MONTH if you exceed 60gb usage in a single day.

Downloading on my slow 6mbit DSL line may be slow, but at least it's consistent. And I only use the other line for uploads and business things.... darn, it's really a hard flashback to ISDN days...

Funfact: 6mbit line, 1 day (funny how that nearly perfectly works out, it's a bit short of 60, 58 or something) = so the 100mbit line literally is out-competed by my slow ass DSL line ;/

Especially as I couldn't download the 4K patch afterwards as I would be throttled for downloads (not for web) to modem speed (10kb/s) for 23 days

6. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 7, 2018, 01:18 eRe4s3r

Got it for 34 which is around what I would pay for console ports. Sadly I am also still downloading it Not to even speak of the 4k pack.  

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 01:11 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Editor and Season Pass Details
4. Re: Far Cry 5 Editor and Season Pass Details Mar 7, 2018, 01:00 eRe4s3r

"editor" yay, season pass fuck nay.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2018, 13:57 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 11:51:
Okay, having a Con Ed. person sitting there 24/7 is not only odd, it is simply crazy. Never heard of such a thing. I'm glad the power lines in my neighborhood are underground. Power outages for me are always large deals which are almost always quickly addressed.

As a German I am so pampered that I can't even recall the last time power went out. But if large scale damage to power networks occurs you can not just willy nilly cut power to all lines. If the frequency drops below 49hz you can end up disconnecting yourself from the entire power grid and that would take weeks to fix, because you can't reconnect 2 power networks with different frequency, the syncing in such a island situation is a nightmare. Often it's better to leave important lines up even if they are damaged until you have enough others repaired to reroute that main line without it causing a total collapse into power islands of everything else attached.

News Comments > Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed
21. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 6, 2018, 11:33 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 10:05:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 09:49:
Darks wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 08:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 03:59:
Creston wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 23:30:
Never quite liked GD, because of the truly god-awful drop rates. Legendaries are supposed to start dropping at 50. I finally quit at 67, when the game had dropped exactly 1 legendary (by the final boss, which is ALWAYS a legendary) and it was one I couldn't use at all. Why devs continue to insist on absolutely fucking retardedly low drop rates, I'll never understand.

Grim Dawn makes Borderlands 2 look downright generous in comparison.

I did play it again with a mod that

A) Massively upped the drop rates
B) Gave you like 3 or 5 skill points per level

but to make up for it, it also continuously increased the monster spawns as you leveled up. By the time I reached level ~ 60 with that, the entire screen would be filled with critters. It was actually a lot of fun, until the engine finally croaked on the thousands of spawns it was asked to create.

In any case, I got ashes of malmouth and thought it was pretty mediocre, so I'm definitely giving this a pass.

I had pretty much the same problem, for a SP game this game is utterly shit when it comes to itemization and loot. I actually KS'd the game originally and dropped it cold and hard after reaching level 50 and never finding a single usable legendary till then, not ONE.

NOT ONE

That would be just your dumb luck then, I've got a few chars over level 65 and I have them fully outfitted with legendary items.

Dont believe me, then join me in a steam game, Ill prove it and even drop you a few items to keep if you like.

We can always meet up in D3 Torment 12

I play D3 every so often, im around paragon 1200 something. My brother who is a fanatic for this game and in the best guild you can be in is over 3000 paragon.

You can add me in Battlenet if you like, I play a demon hunter as my main and a few other support toons too.

look up dark#1182

Would love to, but it tells me I can't add you because you are in different battle.net region. ;/

Here https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/eRe4s3r-2812/hero/3677835 you can see my WD and favorite at least And probably the reason I don't like Grim Dawn.. no equivalent class or build possible. Well, at least I never got anywhere close to this in Grim Dawn and I REALLY tried. I don't play D3 regularly anymore, but I still have it installed, unlike Grim Dawn ;/ Ps.: It's a solo focused horde build, so enchantress is for CC and my horde is for damage, I just stand back and apply the various legendary triggering effects

Currently downloading FF15 on my 6mbit pipe so not even an option to play it right now :/

And just to make it clear, I found Grim Dawn boring mostly because Diablo 3 after patch 2.0 (I had entirely stopped playing any of it until that hit) was such a blast that I could never go back. When my WD starts a rolling it's like the very fist of god descending upon the demon armies. Things die so fast I often can't even see them. And that is really fun ;p Loot is obviously secondary with such a "decked out" char. I only collect it for my other chars and otherwise it's just for the grinder anyway. (WD and Necro have overlap to some small extend) and I am super proud of that weapon on my WD btw

That char has less than 120hrs invested.

Ps.: If you really want to play with me something, it'd nowadays be Factorio coop ^^

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2018, 12:03.

18. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 6, 2018, 09:49 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 08:29:
Never quite liked GD, because of the truly god-awful drop rates. Legendaries are supposed to start dropping at 50. I finally quit at 67, when the game had dropped exactly 1 legendary (by the final boss, which is ALWAYS a legendary) and it was one I couldn't use at all. Why devs continue to insist on absolutely fucking retardedly low drop rates, I'll never understand.

but to make up for it, it also continuously increased the monster spawns as you leveled up. By the time I reached level ~ 60 with that, the entire screen would be filled with critters. It was actually a lot of fun, until the engine finally croaked on the thousands of spawns it was asked to create.

In any case, I got ashes of malmouth and thought it was pretty mediocre, so I'm definitely giving this a pass.

I had pretty much the same problem, for a SP game this game is utterly shit when it comes to itemization and loot. I actually KS'd the game originally and dropped it cold and hard after reaching level 50 and never finding a single usable legendary till then, not ONE.

NOT ONE

That would be just your dumb luck then, I've got a few chars over level 65 and I have them fully outfitted with legendary items.

Dont believe me, then join me in a steam game, Ill prove it and even drop you a few items to keep if you like.

Are you right there blaming me for experiencing this games RNG ? No, good sir, game itemization sucks if there is even a chance I don't get any usable legendary for 16 levels, and that's when I stopped playing and uninstalled it ^^ Now over 5 months without this game and feeling swell. Not to mention in 16 levels I got 2 items I could use that were better, end game I think I still had ilvl 43 to 50 items for majority.

We can always meet up in D3 Torment 12

13. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 6, 2018, 07:18 eRe4s3r

panbient wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 06:06:
dropped it cold and hard after reaching level 50 and never finding a single usable legendary till then, not ONE.

NOT ONE

... but legendary items aren't even supposed to start dropping until you're level 50. The only exception I've seen in like 600 hours is if you beat the main story boss before reaching 50.

At the same time I think this is a bit of a situation similar to Pillars of Eternity and Baldur's Gate where so many complaints about PoEt stem from the fact that it doesn't operate on D&D rules and the player's refusal to accept that decision. In Grim Dawn legendary items are powerful but unlike Diablo they're not necessary until end game builds. Same as gearing up based on item level - necessary in Diablo, more likely than not to mess you up in GD. A strong blue item can be far more valuable to a build than a higher level legendary. Heck, some green rings are worth wearing just for the resistance boosts.

Well, that was kinda my point though For me gameplay changing items need to start dropping BEFORE I get bored, or leveling must be quick and smooth so that at level X stuff drops that is impactful, but long before reaching the boss. Since Grim Dawn abilities are often lackluster and only 2 or 3 are really good for a specific build I found myself wanting some actual change in power levels for the entire time till 50 something and the end boss, but why would I play a boring game beyond the end boss?

Well yeah, I wouldn't. And I didn't. ^^ And so I never actually got any legendaries which is really great game design. ^^

Ps.: Obviously to beat the end boss you have to be above level 50, and I mean it I never got a single usable legendary and I played this game through. Bad RNG leading to this is still bad game design

This game also has the problem that I find it to be one of the worst ARPG's on the market. Path of Exile is superior in every way, and free, but I admit that since i KS'd it I had higher expectations than usual maybe.

10. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 6, 2018, 03:59 eRe4s3r

NOT ONE

12393 Comments. 620 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo