Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10279 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Scrap Mechanic Workshop Support
2. Re: Scrap Mechanic Workshop Support Jul 16, 2016, 07:29 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 21:22:
I was just out at a place where they had 2 enormous - like 20ft tall 40 ft long - T-Rexs and 6ft Raptor - made out of scrap car parts. They were impressive. Particularly when you realize the patience is must have taken to put them together. In fact they have a website with shots of the beasts. They also have these huge Autobots made of scrap there too. Amazing store!

Primitive Designs

That's a neat sculpture and.. you can't actually do this in this game ;p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 16, 2016, 07:27 eRe4s3r

What if the player doesn't show any reaction at all?  

News Comments > Farming Simulator 17 Adds Women
9. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Adds Women Jul 16, 2016, 07:11 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 15:17:
Echo Red Park wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 15:11:
And unofficial Farmer's Daughter add-on mod "coming" in 3...2...1...

Followed by the Tijuana Donkey DLC. Hi-O!

Followed by the "women crops" where you can grow your own women... (worst business idea ever.. ,p)

Sorry, I see myself out

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 15, 2016, 09:02 eRe4s3r

Tachikoma wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 03:00:
So, wait, it`s the main dev who`s at fault - because he overlooked some legal detail? And the douche who took advantage is actually a hero? Strange world we live in....though maybe not really, seeing as this is exactly what Trump would do.

Maybe it's my jaded view as freelancer but I do what the contract states... and if the contract states that none of the artwork transfers to whoever pays me... then it doesn't.. although my morals would stop me from abusing that, meaning I would give him the artworks, but I would happily reuse them for my next projects and maybe even make them available for free ;p That said, the kudos are for his balls to pull this shit, not for his morals (which I think are completely gone missing).

And in my freelancing work, I've never seen a contract like the one in this story.

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 15, 2016, 08:41 eRe4s3r

MT Silver wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 04:36:
The part you're missing is that he spent a month working on his new game before telling his partner. A month that he was paid 9000 dollars for. Of backers money.

If I pretended to go to work for a month while doing another job (direct competition nonetheless!) and refusing to give the money back as well as demand that all the work I have done for them in the past be stripped out of the game well... The word 'sabotage' comes to mind.
As well as 'scam' and 'unethical'.

I think a lawyer should have a look at this case.

A lawyer should have been involved in writing the contract... now it's too late.

If your contract allowed you to do that kind of shit though... would you really not do it? Believe me, I have worked dozens of freelance gfx jobs, not a single developer ever was stupid enough to even offer some absurd clauses like that. Well, a few wanted profit sharing instead of proper payments for completed milestones, I declined and passed on these jobs as I have my experience and these kind of deals always turn sour. But even those few special cases never would have allowed someone to have a "renege" clause in the contract that allows him to take ALL of his art with him when he... what, steps back from the contract? What freelance contract even allows this? I never had a contract where I could just say "well sorry, but I don't wanna anymore" which would translate to me saying "sorry, but I don't want to get my money"

And if he was employed with a real employment contract then the artwork rights would not be his. So the main developer fucked up big time here and no lawyer is gonna fix that. That money and those artworks are gone. If the contract was really worded as the artist says ;p Since we haven't seen the contract, we have to take the 2 bitching parties word.. and I doubt either side is telling the whole story.

And btw, my kudos was for the artist balls to pull a stunt like that.. nothing more. Personally I think this is a scam, but as I said, if the contract did not say "Ownership transfers on payment" then the main developer is fucked and the artist is legally in the clear.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 14, 2016, 19:14 eRe4s3r

To be honest calling this a squabble might be overstating things. Contract allowed him to cancel and take his art with him, OPTIONALLY renegotiate a different revenue agreement and if not, then not....

He did just that. Case closed. The one who should be flamed is the retarded main developer who actually let such a clause be written in a freelance contract

So I have to actually give kudos to the artist for pulling this. Well, even though nobody sane would contract him ever again after this

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 14, 2016, 15:31 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 11:54:
He was talking specifically to the sites (like the verge and polygon) that rushed to release clickbait and not properly report on the facts. At the time he disclosed that the content in question was in fact promoted.

It doesn't even matter, because 2014 there were no disclosure rules for paid sponsorships on youtube. A fact that any decent journalist would have noticed by googling for 1 minute. Even so, he did disclose it. So the actual news was "Youtuber ran paid promotion and disclosed it".. well shit, doesn't really work as clickbait now does it...

I hate these gossip mags

News Comments > Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up
38. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 14, 2016, 05:49 eRe4s3r

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 15:02:
They have very good reasons for not allowing this, as it would definitively give players an unfair advantage that is not related only to the FOV.

The point that people are missing to this entirely, is that this game does not function like most other weapon-based FPS games. This one is ability based.

The Ult of MC is the only ability that works like this. Even soldier aimbot does only work near targeting reticule and you have to actually kinda aim there as well... so it's not like that would take a giant change... target selection for MC only what player targets in the spin-up (which would give that ability actually some skill element which it currently entirely lacks)

37. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 14, 2016, 02:13 eRe4s3r

Razumen wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 23:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 20:42:
Razumen wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 18:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 18:31:
Razumen wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 11:16:
descender wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 11:09:
Increased FOV lets you see more to your sides without turning increasing your situational awareness. It doesn't improve your aim.

Increased your situational awareness can be argued as an advantage, whether it's unfair or not, that's a bit more contentious.

It makes aiming harder. And if you don't have relative fov adjustment on "zoom" weapons it also makes those weapons zoom *less* so there is no advantage. In fact too high FOV often breaks first person aim entirely, only BF4 (The only REAL shooter currently) as adaptive fov when you have a zoom scope or just merely "aim down sighs" allowing you to actually see as far as someone on a 4:3/5:4 screen would.

Not when switching between a 16:9 and 21:9 screen, there would be no real difference in character sizes on screen, or zoom levels for that matter, because you'd only be gaining horizontal screen space, thus there are no changes to aiming...

In Overwatch you do not gain horizontal screen space though thanks to their idiotic "FOV / Aspect Ratio" implementation. On 21:9 you are zoomed in more, meaning you have to move your mouse pointer more than someone at 16:9.

Sorry, I meant if they implemented it correctly.

The joke is, if they *had* implemented AR/FOV correctly, this wouldn't even be a news worthy topic since they would support all resolutions and all aspect ratios and you would be perfectly right in that 21:9 does not give any advantage for aiming ;p

I just don't get it... screen choice is not something a game should balance around so it makes no sense why Blizzard of all the devs now feels the need to do this. Not to mention implementing 21:9 in this absurd manner and still not properly supporting 5:4 and 4:3 either... however rare those resolutions might be nowadays.

It's a skill game, and resolution choice won't do a damn thing to increase or decrease someones skills. Just.. absurd

News Comments > The Settlers Cancellation and Champions of Anteria Catch-up
6. Re: The Settlers Cancellation and Champions of Anteria Catch-up Jul 14, 2016, 02:08 eRe4s3r

The last settler game was only "settlers" in name... nothing to do with the actual IP.. sigh ;(  

35. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 13, 2016, 20:42 eRe4s3r

Razumen wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 18:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 18:31:
Increased FOV lets you see more to your sides without turning increasing your situational awareness. It doesn't improve your aim.

Increased your situational awareness can be argued as an advantage, whether it's unfair or not, that's a bit more contentious.

It makes aiming harder. And if you don't have relative fov adjustment on "zoom" weapons it also makes those weapons zoom *less* so there is no advantage. In fact too high FOV often breaks first person aim entirely, only BF4 (The only REAL shooter currently) as adaptive fov when you have a zoom scope or just merely "aim down sighs" allowing you to actually see as far as someone on a 4:3/5:4 screen would.

Not when switching between a 16:9 and 21:9 screen, there would be no real difference in character sizes on screen, or zoom levels for that matter, because you'd only be gaining horizontal screen space, thus there are no changes to aiming...

In Overwatch you do not gain horizontal screen space though thanks to their idiotic "FOV / Aspect Ratio" implementation. On 21:9 you are zoomed in more, meaning you have to move your mouse pointer more than someone at 16:9.

33. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 13, 2016, 18:31 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 13, 2016, 17:49 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 07:25:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 07:17:
loomy wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 23:22:
Task wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 19:08:
Russia Today article, which has more truth on it than any POS Western Media organization

when multiple people tell you you're crazy, you should listen to them. your perspective of reality is warped and wrong. you need to listen to us if you want to save yourself. putin is a dictator and RT is putin.

It's actually amazing how many people think Russia Today is a news outlet.... but then I often find that especially older people have nearly no media competence and do NOT check who wrote the news story, instead they believe whatever you serve them, as long as it is posted on some "alternative" media.. bah

It amazes me how many people, and often younger people, think the mainstream forms of media are so bad they flock to ones that clearly have even less oversight towards any kind of honesty.

Young people can't know what is good and what is bad reporting. You need to have a certain level of education and awareness of world politics as well as your countries social and political structures to understand what is propaganda and what isn't.

Also there is the real problem that nowadays many people want opinion reinforcement in their news media, not challenge. This can hardly be blamed on their age, rather the society they grow up in that does no longer value (or never really valued) critical thinking.

And then you have older people who in their over emphasized critical thinking don't believe the moon landing was real. Imo those are completely lost. You can not convince someone of the opposite if all he is looking for is proof for his world view.

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 13, 2016, 07:17 eRe4s3r

loomy wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 23:22:
Task wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 19:08:
Russia Today article, which has more truth on it than any POS Western Media organization

when multiple people tell you you're crazy, you should listen to them. your perspective of reality is warped and wrong. you need to listen to us if you want to save yourself. putin is a dictator and RT is putin.

It's actually amazing how many people think Russia Today is a news outlet.... but then I often find that especially older people have nearly no media competence and do NOT check who wrote the news story, instead they believe whatever you serve them, as long as it is posted on some "alternative" media.. bah

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 13, 2016, 07:13 eRe4s3r

TOS is not legally binding anyway beyond the established laws in your local country... so why read it?  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Punishing Teamkillers
3. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Punishing Teamkillers Jul 12, 2016, 00:23 eRe4s3r

DukeFNukem wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 00:20:
Permanent ban for team killing is ridiculous unless your game is free-to-play. Ban them for 2 weeks and let them team kill as long as they want. I guarantee you anybody who actually wants to play the game will stop after a couple of 2 week bans. Make it 30 days even but permanent is overkill.

Permanent bans make them more money ,)

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Mission Pack
2. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Mission Pack Jul 11, 2016, 21:22 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 18:52:
The revolution will not be televised
The revolution will not be brought to you by Xerox
In 4 parts without commercial interruptions
The revolution will not show you pictures of Nixon
Blowing a bugle and leading a charge by John Mitchell
General Abrams and Spiro Agnew to eat hog maws
Confiscated from a Harlem sanctuary
The revolution will not be televised

But it will be livestreamed...

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 11, 2016, 20:20 eRe4s3r

For Pokemon Go you also have to accept a permission list that is 3 pages long on Android.. and the privacy issue is exactly the same there.  

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 11, 2016, 15:32 eRe4s3r

well, that is what happens when you have people walk around aside Maybe safer to just sit at home and game there eh?  

News Comments > Op Ed
40. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2016, 05:02 eRe4s3r

Devinoch wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 02:13:
If you think it's unethical and illegal for someone to have an opinion

No...
I think it would be unethical for steam to pay for opinions

10279 Comments. 514 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo