Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10938 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2017, 11:44 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 10:46:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 10:43:
Report: Over 75% of Women in real life are Evil Video Game Bosses just practicing in case they get to be in a Video Game.

I would like to point out, before anyone takes it the wrong way, that is indeed an Onion article.

Blue is testing our ability to spot "alternative facts" ,)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Feb 9, 2017, 12:51 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 23:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 19:40:
Squirmer wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 17:41:
Yeah what the hell man, he's not a child. He admits in the chat that he's a pedophile.

No shit you both, "retarded child" isn't talking about children, it is a compound insult meaning "Slow of mind, unintelligent, mentally distorted, confused, stupified, numb-in-the-head" (pick one). ^^ The child insinuating they are on top of that mentally underdeveloped and that insult can imo be used as compound just fine. In fact that is how the insult goes in German, only it'd be far more insulting to call a 25 year old a "Bescheuertes Zurückgebliebenes Kind" ^^ Which does not mean he is a "Kind".. duh.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=retarded&defid=316451

Still, it doesn't feel appropriate using "child" as an insult when it can be then turned into a defense. He was an intellectually retarded adult, fine.

Fine, but somehow that sounds less insulting to me... oh well I blame language barrier

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Feb 8, 2017, 19:40 eRe4s3r

Squirmer wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 17:41:
Yeah what the hell man, he's not a child. He admits in the chat that he's a pedophile.

No shit you both, "retarded child" isn't talking about children, it is a compound insult meaning "Slow of mind, unintelligent, mentally distorted, confused, stupified, numb-in-the-head" (pick one). ^^ The child insinuating they are on top of that mentally underdeveloped and that insult can imo be used as compound just fine. In fact that is how the insult goes in German, only it'd be far more insulting to call a 25 year old a "Bescheuertes Zurückgebliebenes Kind" ^^ Which does not mean he is a "Kind".. duh.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=retarded&defid=316451

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2017, 15:39 eRe4s3r

J wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 15:13:
Can you read me?

No!

News Comments > Project CARS 2 This Year
7. Re: Project CARS 2 This Year Feb 8, 2017, 12:22 eRe4s3r

Sadly nowhere in their PR do they talk about actually making a good racing *game*

I thought PCARS did have the best racing physics of any game, but the actual gameplay was... boring as hell. Damage model was a joke, flag rules non-existent, no league selection, no pitstop crew management.. it was.. just only a car simulation. Racing it did never simulate properly.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 8, 2017, 12:09 eRe4s3r

Summed up it could be said that 2 retarded children found themselves. I had more elevating chats with my cat than these 2 had with each other....  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Alpha This Week
1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Alpha This Week Feb 7, 2017, 09:36 eRe4s3r

I want it to be good, but... this is a WH40k game we are talking about. And "Founders campaign" makes me relive certain nightmares related to other Wh40k projects.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures
25. Re: Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures Feb 7, 2017, 09:29 eRe4s3r

Peter M. Smith wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 09:00:
Task wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 08:22:
I'm still not falling for it though, this franchise is long dead and the game itself is a bad joke - NMA FO4 Review.

You're going to post a review of Fallout 4 by the users of NMA? That's like asking Karl Rove to critique Bernie Sanders' campaign. You may find nuggets of truth in there, but the sheer disgust by the reviewer of the material will mean there's pretty much no chance of the work being objective.

Mhh, I find that review to be pretty accurate .. bad world design is bad world design, no matter who puts that into words. The story and characters in Fallout 4 are about the most inane things Bethesda has produced, and that includes Skyrim, which is even more absurd.

News Comments > Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures
4. Re: Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures Feb 6, 2017, 21:29 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 21:23:
Min reqs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-5820K or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GTX 1080 8GB
Storage: 58 GB available space

Seriously? Wtf is even the point of releasing these with those sorts of reqs as a minimum?

If you got 4gb vram and a SSD (though 120gb (Yes, 120gb!)... that is hard to swallow) you can use this. The reqs are total BS, as usual. Before they edited them they even showed a yet unreleased ATI card. ^^

46. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 21:25 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 20:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 19:38:
PPs.: If noise becomes a big problem you should consider legal action and DOCUMENTATION. I have never heard of a city that takes documented and video proof of serious noise violations after 10pm not extremely serious indeed.

Did that too. Provided my city's Animal Control a detailed log representing weeks of infractions plus two audio recordings of 30+ minutes each. Their response to all my evidence and I quote: "You will need to have the involvement of another neighbor who will participate in the abatement process before your complaint can be completed." It's almost like they are treating me as the guilty party and the burden of proof is on me. I don't understand how getting another resident involved somehow makes the proof legit beyond the detailed logs and audio recording I provided. I'm the one at ground zero of this fury terrorist. I'm suffering the most. I also feel like I have a case against the city for dereliction of duty. Not enforcing some sort of noise control law at 1:30 AM goes WAY beyond animal control issues.

I feel with you, but in my city here in Germany noise ordnance is pretty heavily enforced, I called police once and they came within 20 minutes and muted the noise. But that was a human... for dogs, it'd have to go through animal control for sure, but they'd be forced to act if noise violation is regularly against the city noise ordnance. So I am confused why the city doesn't act in your case, you 100% sure no other neighbor in that entire area is gonna co-sign your complaint?

If that is such a weird ordnance where you live, I would think about literally paying a neighbor to come with me to file that complaint. I can't believe that none of them are bothered, but they might not think something comes of this, and thus might consider it a waste of time.

News Comments > Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games
3. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Feb 6, 2017, 20:52 eRe4s3r

Gold sellers and gold farmers will have a field day  

42. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 19:38 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 18:31:
BobBob wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 18:07:
Apparently, I have no social life and I'm totally out of what's trending. What does "I-borhood" mean? Google gives no results.

You're not. It's a neighborhood where everyone only cares about themselves and their well-being, and are not responsive to helping others. Thus the "I" borhood. I came up with it.

We normal people call that a gentrified hell hole Thankfully my neighbors are not annoying like that, dogs don't bark (like nearly ever) and cats are mindful of sleeping hours for the most part. But yeah, I feel like people become more and more egocentric and stop thinking about what their actions might have an impact on others. Previous neighbors were drinking huge amounts of alcohol every day, at night... meh

Can't say the same about a flock of magpies who one year bred in the tree that's right across from my sleeping window. And this year I've got a sizeable group of blackbirds making quite some racket, or rather, causing racket with all the other flying things around.

TL;DR, birds more annoying than humans here, I consider that a huge blessing. Slow internet on the other hand isn't such a huge blessing. But yeah, rather slow internet than an iborhood.

Ps.: Neighbors.. already has it in the name.. neigh!
PPs.: If noise becomes a big problem you should consider legal action and DOCUMENTATION. I have never heard of a city that takes documented and video proof of serious noise violations after 10pm not extremely serious indeed.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 6, 2017, 11:46 eRe4s3r

wtf_man wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 10:54:
The forgotten API: just what is going on with DX12

It doesn't help that the anticipated performance boost vs. DX11 is no where near as claimed... even on AMD, which actually shows some improvement over DX11, vs. nVidia.

Vulkan is probably the future since it covers more than Windows devices.

It's because of a hen-egg problem. As long as games aren't pushing the single core restricted threads to the limits there will be no advantage to use Vulkan or DX12, but if you USE this advantage, then everyone without DX12 will have bad performance. So it has to be optional, and if it is optional then there is 0 real advantage to even bother using it. It will give you higher FPS on a high-end rig, but it won't do a damn thing if you are not CPU limited.

Point being, let's check this again in 3 years from now... but I doubt it'll gain any traction as long as MS is being a total asshole about W10 privacy/patching policy.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 6, 2017, 08:47 eRe4s3r

Reading up on VR lenses made me realize we now have aftermarket prescription lense inserts for both Rift and Oculus, which means this just needs to get pushed to Gen2 (aka, lighter, better image) and I will jump into the fray as well ;p If my VR device had my lens needs already inside then I wouldn't need glasses, and that would add a shit ton of extra comfort.

Thankfully new screens are already in development.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 6, 2017, 08:23 eRe4s3r

Steele Johnson wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 00:08:
Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 12:53:
survival is the new WW2

You mean the new zombie.

You mean the new modern war.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
1. Re: Sunday Patches Feb 6, 2017, 08:22 eRe4s3r

The source engine really did not age well... Action HL1 was pretty cool, never got into Action HL2. Source engine, despite being made for FPS, really did never feel like a good FPS engine to me (sloppy feeling, shitty recoil.. just nope)  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
7. Re: Saturday Interviews Feb 5, 2017, 14:59 eRe4s3r

Nimh wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 14:34:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 08:12:
I don't see RPG's back in a big way.. when we look forward, what do we really have? Torment 2 and PoE2, I guess, and Mass Effect 4. And aside that?

Shadowrun, Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity are all quite decent RPG's in the old school style.

Played them all though, hence "look forward" I even kickstarted D:OS 2 and PoE... But to be fair, my gaming focus is pretty heavily towards story driven RPG's.. hence why I wonder what is coming aside from those 3 I mentioned... (I consider D:OS 2 a thing already, because I already played it, but I guess that's only for backers)

Are there any other RPG's upcoming I overlooked?

News Comments > Conan Exiles Banishes Servers
9. Re: Conan Exiles Banishes Servers Feb 5, 2017, 14:57 eRe4s3r

Total-Khaos wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 12:57:
Genesys wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 12:47:
Heh. Is this the first time a company has killed their official servers in favor of user-hosted servers? Usually it's the other way around :)

7500 private servers. 7499 are pirated copies.

Probably not far from the truth, but the game is still early access no? Would consider that 7498 demos +1 hardcore pirate I guess From what I am reading on steam, game is even nearly unplayable currently, tons of game-breaking bugs.

5. Re: Saturday Interviews Feb 5, 2017, 09:30 eRe4s3r

Flo wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 08:54:
For me, Witcher 3 spoiled all other RPGs. The quest design was above and beyond anything else. Playing PoE after W3 was a sad affair.

To be honest there aren't many modern RPGs that measure up to W3+Addon, but W3 also does not have a party or custom avatar, which is a big factor for me. I guess we'll see how Torment 2 turns out, that they reduce companions to flesh out the ones they have makes me far happier than it should, mainly because of PoE1 and how that was handled there.

But yeah, after playing quite a few "great" RPG's it's really hard to be hyped about things coming the next few months. Torment 2 is a must-by for me, obviously, but will I really enjoy it? I wonder....

2. Re: Saturday Interviews Feb 5, 2017, 08:12 eRe4s3r

I don't see RPG's back in a big way.. when we look forward, what do we really have? Torment 2 and PoE2, I guess, and Mass Effect 4. And aside that?

I haven't played a truly great RPG in quite a while. I am dabbling in a BG2 playthrough with heavy mods, which gave me new appreciation of some of the gameplay in that (And newfound hate for DnD rules regarding saving throws)

But if I wanted to find a really good RPG I haven't yet played I'd need a time machine.

10938 Comments. 547 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo