Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10398 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 22, 2016, 10:30 eRe4s3r

MattyC wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 02:21:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 20:29:
Red light is also good for the eyes

Well hello Mr. Mid-2000s BWM interior designer! I would like to let you know that I despised your retina destroying death beam instrument panels.

Yeah, but they have to be visible during daylight too Blame em for not having a dimmer... but the idea in general was correct. Red light is not making you night blind. I mean, assuming you still have a retina

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power
8. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 10:29 eRe4s3r

Shineyguy wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 09:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 09:47:
Eh, I would never buy a GPU that needs 500W.. I mean for fucks sake, how you gonna COOL that?

AMD is already in the practice of installing liquid cooling on their top end products. I would suspect we'd see more widespread use of it with larger radiators.

Liquid cooling might cool the card, but it sure doesn't cool everything else around it. Even with liquid cooling you still end up with heat worth 500W in your case or worse, in your gaming room.

Would be a scorching proposition in summer.

News Comments > PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power
5. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 09:47 eRe4s3r

Eh, I would never buy a GPU that needs 500W.. I mean for fucks sake, how you gonna COOL that?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
89. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 22, 2016, 08:51 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 00:56:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 00:13:
I think that you guys are too blinded by your emotions or previous investments to realize how amazing the tech in that demo was. There's never been anything done at a level close to this. If you want a full simulation of a space game, this is the real deal. They took no shortcuts. Don't reply to my comment about how you think this is a scam or all that endlessly repetitive noise. Just appreciate the tech.

What "tech" exactly are you referring to? The planetary atmospheric entry stuff? There have been videos on YT for years like this one here and many more.
You can also seamlessly land on planets across the 400bn star systems in Elite Dangerous until you have planets coming out your ass. It's nothing special.

Everything else has also been done in other games and much better than here. So what "tech" are you talking about exactly?

Then show us how you walk around on your spaceship in ED while it lands. Or how you fly a object that found in a crate on some base into your hangar, then carry it around and drop it on another world, all seamless without loading bars. Or how you explore a wreck in ED, walk around it, discover floating bodies and story elements.... The only game, and really the ONLY game that even came close to this was Kerbal Space Program. In fact Star Citizen is what KSP could have been had the developers not squandered it all.

If you don't see how this is more advanced than usual engine tech then you haven't played a lot of them space games, or tried to mod them for that matter. KSP especially is bordering on so many engine limits that you'd go insane developing for that.

And yeah, seamless atmospheric transitions are nothing new, doing it without ugly z-fighting (KSP) and weird block loading (NMS) or walking around on your ship while they happen... online? THAT is.

ItBurn is right, from a purely technical standpoint this is top notch, until Star Citizen NOBODY did anything like this. In no other game can you walk around your space-ship while it lands on a planets, while a 2nd player flies it. And jump out of it whenever you feel like it.

In fact I don't think you realize why that speeder flying into that hangar was such a big thing to show. The technology behind that doesn't even exist in available engines right now. KSP can kinda do something like this by docking (aka internally merging the scene space) but that is a crude hack compared to how it worked in the demo...

Anyhow, as I said.. I am in this for what, 30$ ? and what I see as a engine junkie is good. What I don't like is this horrible movement and shooting feel. Everything related to that feels floaty and inaccurate

News Comments > Sunday Previews
4. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 21, 2016, 21:47 eRe4s3r

Is this the expansion that puts a game that consists of more than just grind into ED?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2016, 18:11 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 14:48:
Rimworld needs a Tossed Salad DLC.

And NMS doesn't deserve to even be on that list imo...

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2016, 13:59 eRe4s3r

KS wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 13:49:
I really wanna see them open up their planet and animal generators so we can play with the parameters.

Everything of that is binary encoded xml (mbin).. so expect months of reverse engineering and hex editing...

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
35. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 20:36 eRe4s3r

For the claim that it will be absolutely mind blowing graphically, I have to say combat looks the exact opposite, the ship wreck however was top notch.. the combat inside.. was twitchy unstable and incoherent random garbage.

Always wanted to shoot 30 shots at an enemy so he dies, with no impact effects or anything.. meh ;p

5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 20, 2016, 20:29 eRe4s3r

Heh I sleep with extremely diffused red LED (lamp) room light, I find that incredibly useful as I have blinds that really block out the light (I have a street lantern shining its pointless illumination right up my sleeping room windows which makes night otherwise bright as day). Red light is also good for the eyes and prevents problems when you are otherwise staring at a screen funnily enough. No tired eyes..  

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 20, 2016, 16:15 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 14:25:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 13:05:
Just you wait, soon companies will realize a front facing blue nuclear-bright LED is maybe not the smartest choice as well!

They've been the main choice for almost two decades, so I'm not holding my breath.

To this day I will never understand why that is though. There are no legit usability reasons. And well, if you suffered from a device that had them and you had a bit of rough uh, sand paper laying around, you would instantly notice that a slight roughened spot on the very top of that plastic cap makes the ugly glare go away. Are engineers just not smart enough to know this? All that would be needed is different enclosures for the LED's. I have bought a bunch of slightly opaque/diffuse ones for my G11 led retrofit and that makes such a huge difference to how you perceive LED light you wouldn't believe it.

News Comments > Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month
4. Re: Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month Aug 20, 2016, 16:05 eRe4s3r

RaZ0r! wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 15:12:
I'm a founder. It's crap.

So this is not the WH40k game to wow us all?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2016, 13:30 eRe4s3r

FiberFix is.. extremely well made advertising I must say ^^  

1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 20, 2016, 13:05 eRe4s3r

Just you wait, soon companies will realize a front facing blue nuclear-bright LED is maybe not the smartest choice as well!  

News Comments > F1 2016 Released
3. Re: F1 2016 Released Aug 20, 2016, 12:06 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 00:41:
Been scouring the forums for the last couple months to see if this was going to get VR support, specifically vive support...

I think that the guys who did Dirt Rally might be an offshoot of the normal codemasters team? or something? cause no other game from them has even mentioned VR.

Still waiting on the native vive support on Rally too...

I am pretty sure they'd rather sell you the VR version extra If it ever happens. But yeah, Rally seems like the "BIG" thing for VR, driving those stages with VR ought to be something of a crazy ride...

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
62. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 20, 2016, 08:11 eRe4s3r

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 01:04:
Was looking at the Digital Deluxe pack and it has a "Digital OST Sample". Wtf is that?

Most of the ambient tracks are not considered part of a soundtrack and they only pick a few of the best tracks as part of the OST. Hence a sample, not an "every track in the game" kind of OST, which is sadly a standard OST problem..

Anyway, I have the thing on steam and it says "Digital Soundtrack and Artbook" so whatever

I dunno if I am the crazy one here, but I ripped every ambient track out of DX HR and listen to it regularly... the atmosphere and ambiance is amazing. That game has one of the best sci-fi mystery soundtracks ever made.

News Comments > Prey 2 Video
15. Re: Prey 2 Video Aug 20, 2016, 08:01 eRe4s3r

This may be the least fortunate thumbnail for a video ever.. my god does that alien look horrific.

I wonder what a Tyranid hybrid does in Prey 2??

Oh.. it's supposed to be a human female? Well never mind me...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Win 10 Aniversary 2 strikes Aug 20, 2016, 07:55 eRe4s3r

Bub wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 07:38:
Something is seriously wrong with Microsoft, and it seems to be getting worse.

It's called the "Insider Program" and it is the reason for every major update fuckup the last decade. The entire program is conceptually flawed, because the real issues are never reported. Most tech journos only run this version in a VM and no real company I know of is part of the Insider program and those that are only test their specific solutions to problems with Windows. Meaning specific hardware situations (60+ webcams) already have custom solutions that override windows entirely, so they don't even notice that the core system is broken (in this case, the problem is MS adding something good, a multi-web-cam local server that shares access, so webcam streams are no longer exclusive to 1 application.

The problem is that MS apparently doesn't know that many webcams use H.264 to squeeze 1080p 30fps through USB 2, and what does H.264 do? It negotiates with the application directly, the webcam or windows aren't involved. Only when H.264 codec negotiates connection parameters is the webcam stream encoded, and this is what MS totally broke by interjecting between webcam and application, now the h.264 codec can not broker, and thus webcams are broken. And I doubt this is gonna be an easy fix. Especially since not all webcams use h.264, there are more exotic custom variations of it too.

So what is wrong here... I would say the entire concept of the "Insider Program". MS needs to invest in a proper hardware lab and do own Q&A... but they don't. It's cheaper to let the customer be the beta tester.

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man Announced
5. Re: Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man Announced Aug 19, 2016, 22:48 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 21:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 19:19:
What's a "fetishist" religion.. seriously? I don't even dare googling that.

It's a general term for tribal religions where some item is believed to be a God and is worshipped (or fetishised). Maybe a tree or a waterfall or some old skull. The item is literally the God, unlike the Christian cross which is representative. Source (SFW)

I presume the modern meaning derives from this. I can sort of see how, worshipping feet or whatever. Never understood that one but whatever floats one's boat.

Thanks
That's an interesting article.... but wouldn't the actual name for such religions be Totemism or Idolatry? Fetishism could describe literally any religion on the planet, if you extend the meaning to religious texts and symbols... mhhh ,)

Learned something anyway

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man Announced
3. Re: Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man Announced Aug 19, 2016, 19:19 eRe4s3r

What's a "fetishist" religion.. seriously? I don't even dare googling that.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2016, 17:30 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 15:32:
Abd how about punishing them for noise pollution while you're at it. I swear any hearing loss I have is a byproduct of assholes on their hogs in the city needlessly reving their engines and making everyone around them deaf. I fucking hate Harleys and the assholes who ride them. The only worse people are the assholes who drive Mercedes - which is the official car of assholes everwhere.

Car/bike posers and making excessive noise on the street is actually illegal in Germany So why not move here, report the asshole making the noise, and enjoy that he has to literally "un" tune his car/bike (paid by him) to get a running license again? If he refuses, car/bike is confiscated and driver license taken. And yes, you can even lose your license over revving your bike up at 3AM in the night, if someone (and I am sure someone will) catches you on video twice, that is. My neighbor is actually a Harley fan, and to be honest, as long as he does his hobby in between 6am and 10pm I don't mind..

It's one of these things here where a lot of complaints have forced police to act here.

10398 Comments. 520 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo