Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12721 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Get Shadowrun Returns Deluxe for Free
3. Re: Get Shadowrun Returns Deluxe for Free Jun 22, 2018, 02:25 eRe4s3r

Jivaro wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 20:21:
MattyC wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 19:21:
If you already own the base game you still may want to do this. It will upgrade you to the Deluxe version once you put in the Steam key.

came here to say this. upgraded mine just a bit ago.

Same

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Intergalactic Summer Sale
9. Re: Steam Intergalactic Summer Sale Jun 21, 2018, 20:25 eRe4s3r

sauron wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 17:39:
Beamer wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 16:36:
Also, Dishonored 2 was $13.50 last week, and is $19.99 now. Really thought it'd go $9.99.

Somehow Far Cry Primal is still $20. Ubisoft is ludicrous.

Additionally, Ubisoft QC and post-sales support is rubbish. I spent 12 hours over 3 nights this week trying to get The Division to run on my main gaming system - it used to be fine but after the latest update now runs as a process in the background, not an App in the foreground. As a measure of my frustration, I have sent the orcs over to the Ubi office with a trebuchet and some exploding hobbit ammo (don't ask, involves beans and habaneros).

On the brighter side, I picked up Ni No Kuni II and FFXV for about half price, so in my eyes it's a net win.

I have the same problem with The Crew (on top The Division, just checked) ;/ It doesn't run at all as a task, its hung in an infinite loop.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 21, 2018, 20:17 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 15:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 09:59:
I think it would be better if Disney didn't get Alien nor Predator. 2 franchises they will UTTERLY fuck up. And the only 2 Fox franchises I give 2 ct about. I can already see it, Alien the musical. Alien kid friendly movies, predator plush toys. That's Disney in a nutshell. They ruined Star Wars and now they will ruin Alien and Predator.

Because they weren't... already... ruined? I mean, when was the last time a GOOD Alien movie came out? I'm pretty sure it was 1986.

And again, Comcast wouldn't do any better with it.

Disney won't do anything with it, no game licenses and no mature movies. Because Disney does not do mature IP for adults. And yes, I am not even counting Star Wars as a mature story anymore. That has always been extremely family friendly but the last Disney movies put it straight into kids friendly Cartoon Network range.

Alien Isolation would never have happened if Disney had owned the IP.

And I think a franchise can be ruined by adding onto it just as much as by not adding on to it. Disney will fuck Aliens up, there is not even doubt in that, either by willfully letting it die (meaning no game licenses) or by making it family friendly. Because if it don't sell their idiotic theme parks it doesn't get boosted by Disney money.

And lastly, I think ethically Disney is one of the *worst* companies that exist.

Either way, I would be happy with no Alien sequels. But that doesn't mean I don't want an Alien RPG.

10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 21, 2018, 09:59 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 08:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 22:26:
And millions of movie fans look for the nearest cliff.

Why? Do you think Comcast would do a better job of handling Fox's movie properties? Or that Disney wouldn't be better than Fox?

I have no particular love of Disney, but it's really not hard to see how they would handle the X-men and Fantastic Four SUBSTANTIALLY better than the barrels of shit that Fox has been turning those properties into. (To be fair, most of the X-men movies were pretty good, it was just the third one in each series that was terrible.)

I think it would be better if Disney didn't get Alien nor Predator. 2 franchises they will UTTERLY fuck up. And the only 2 Fox franchises I give 2 ct about. I can already see it, Alien the musical. Alien kid friendly movies, predator plush toys. That's Disney in a nutshell. They ruined Star Wars and now they will ruin Alien and Predator.

News Comments > Scrolls Revived as (Free) Caller's Bane
5. Re: Scrolls Revived as (Free) Caller's Bane Jun 21, 2018, 02:00 eRe4s3r

Well I uninstalled it again, community server doesn't unlock all cards. What a waste of time  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 13
1. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 13 Jun 21, 2018, 00:51 eRe4s3r

No, it shows you why GamesCom in Cologne is the far more important (and bigger) event. 1 entire day of dev only and press only event. 1 hour for 2 days later opening to so you can talk with developers after seeing their demos. The gamescom demos you always get are that good because developers have time to showcase to invite only audiences.

The GamesCom concept is to me superior, especially because it involves far more Indy and smaller devs and most importantly Chinese, Japanese and Eastern European devs.

News Comments > Scrolls Revived as (Free) Caller's Bane
3. Re: etc. Jun 21, 2018, 00:29 eRe4s3r

deqer wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 00:22:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 23:30:
before they shut it down, for whatever crazy reason.
Bethesda was mad that it's name was Scrolls.

Nonsense, they came to an agreement. The shutdown was because it has like 50 players.

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 20, 2018, 22:26 eRe4s3r

And millions of movie fans look for the nearest cliff.  

News Comments > The Guild 3 Developer Change
2. Re: The Guild 3 Developer Change Jun 20, 2018, 22:01 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 14:26:
Ugh, that does not bode well. And wtf is with all the commas? Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the exclamation points!

Commas or not, this change is good. Guild 3 on steam was abysmal (even for an EA game) I'd say it's still 2 years out too, really a lot of features barely or not even at all working.

And visually it looks like something form the 90ies...

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 2018, 00:29.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 19, 2018, 22:05 eRe4s3r

You remember that time when ID defined what games looked like how they played and created an entire new genre? Yeah, me neither, it's that long ago.

Golden Age maybe financially, but ID has zero wide range influence now and created one of the visually and technical worst engines in the market. So much worse, that they don't even use it for their own games anymore. They use the Apex engine from Avalanche Studios for Rage 2, so maybe it will actually be a good game. ^^

Avalanche by the way seems to be developing an engine usable for movie quality RT rendering. The likes of realtime raytracing and all that

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jun 19, 2018, 19:43 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 18:54:
Beamer wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 15:45:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 15:40:
Eventually through the 'unintended' process of eradicating the nazi symbol from the 'history books' the swastika will return to being a symbol of good luck.

Might take a 100 years but I think it'll happen.

https://flashbak.com/the-coca-cola-swastika-12321/

Or, perhaps, no one will see an undesireable logo inside a game without people meaning for it to be there.

No one thinks it will ever go back to good luck. Nor is removing it from a damn cartoon game removing it from history books. I don't get what is wrong with people. How in the hell is taking something accidentally in a cartoon game at all comparable to removing it from history books?

You free speech people are so obsessed with nazi symbols that it overrides any critical thinking power you have.

The "manji" symbol is sacred in many Asian religions, including Hindu, Buddism, and Jainism. It retains its original meaning of well being in the countries where those religions are practiced, and shows no signs of being deprecated.

The joke is an unintentional swastika isn't even illegal in Germany and when it ain't illegal there I wonder why I should care when 90° rotations create on unintentionally ^^ It's very common when you do stylized artworks too. Hard lines tend to align when you rotate 4x

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 19, 2018, 06:07 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 21:31:
Wow, they're actually jailing a CEO. About fucking time. Let's see if VW starts to implode. Fuckers deserve it.

Don't be absurd, he'll go free as it always is. Merkel will never allow the car industry to actually be punished, while US customers got payments and fixes, we got fuck all. And currently Germany has quite a few other much hotter topics than Dieselgate

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Jun 19, 2018, 01:24 eRe4s3r

Dirwulf wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 23:28:
$3,639.44
$2,538.78

But I am not convinced the number is accurate, for one I never paid in $, for 2 I am in EU1 so the price can't be in $ (so it's likely wrong) and 3 I bought nearly all big games externally where I don't have to pay the 20% EU1 extra

News Comments > WHO Classifies "Gaming Disorder"
40. Re: WHO Classifies Jun 19, 2018, 00:53 eRe4s3r

Pigeon wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 19:19:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 18:23:
Replace game with religion and the text reads...

Religious disorder is characterized by a pattern of persistent or recurrent religious behavior (‘digital preaching’ or ‘video-preaching’), which may be online (i.e., over the internet) or offline, manifested by: 1) impaired control over religious behavior (e.g., onset, frequency, intensity, duration, termination, context); 2) increasing priority given to religion to the extent that religion takes precedence over other life interests and daily activities; and 3) continuation or escalation of religious activities despite the occurrence of negative consequences. The behaviour pattern is of sufficient severity to result in significant impairment in personal, family, social, educational, occupational or other important areas of functioning. The pattern of religious behavior may be continuous or episodic and recurrent. The religious behavior and other features are normally evident over a period of at least 12 months in order for a diagnosis to be assigned, although the required duration may be shortened if all diagnostic requirements are met and symptoms are severe.

Just saying, if you can reword your classification by just replacing a TOPICAL MARKER then maybe your classification needs work Or maybe the WHO is just applying a template and flings it at a wall to see what sticks.

Hyper religiosity that occurs outside of societal/cultural norms is more appropriately diagnosed under delusional and psychotic disorders

That's opening up way more questions than I dare to ask hehe

News Comments > WHO Classifies "Gaming Disorder"
35. Re: WHO Classifies Jun 18, 2018, 18:23 eRe4s3r

Replace game with religion and the text reads...

Religious disorder is characterized by a pattern of persistent or recurrent religious behavior (‘digital preaching’ or ‘video-preaching’), which may be online (i.e., over the internet) or offline, manifested by: 1) impaired control over religious behavior (e.g., onset, frequency, intensity, duration, termination, context); 2) increasing priority given to religion to the extent that religion takes precedence over other life interests and daily activities; and 3) continuation or escalation of religious activities despite the occurrence of negative consequences. The behaviour pattern is of sufficient severity to result in significant impairment in personal, family, social, educational, occupational or other important areas of functioning. The pattern of religious behavior may be continuous or episodic and recurrent. The religious behavior and other features are normally evident over a period of at least 12 months in order for a diagnosis to be assigned, although the required duration may be shortened if all diagnostic requirements are met and symptoms are severe.

Just saying, if you can reword your classification by just replacing a TOPICAL MARKER then maybe your classification needs work Or maybe the WHO is just applying a template and flings it at a wall to see what sticks.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 17, 2018, 20:20 eRe4s3r

That Eve online subreddit is one hell of a homophobic toxic cesspool inhabited solely by edgelords. Kinda regret following those links

Stay classy I guess.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 17, 2018, 16:52 eRe4s3r

Finally I can say "I knew that before that PSA"

Specifically 4k 144hz HDR screens are a SCAM, they are neither HDR10 nor are they 4K (at 144hz) and the way 8bit panels are frequency averaged to 10bit is also scummy to the extreme.

It just boggles the mind that screen makers ship screens with those limitations fully knowing that what they sell CAN NOT function, the new standard for HDMI and DP is still miles away. Yes, the 1180 will use a new proprietary port, but these 4k 144hz monitors sold now don't support that and neither does any other monitor.......

It's good to finally have it said in clear what chroma subsampling actually does though, that is quite confusing otherwise.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2018, 01:55 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 23:13:
Soccer / World Cup question:

Player A gets a yellow card in his team's first match. Player A gets a yellow card in his team's second match. He is now suspended for the next match. Late in the second game he gets a third yellow card. He is removed from the game for getting two yellows in the same game. My question -- is he now only one yellow card from a second suspension? I would assume so, but just wanted to verify.

There are only 3 qual matches and the first KO match where that matters. If he leaves the game red in the 2nd match he'd be (at the very least) banned for 2 games. That means quarter finals would be where he could play again. But it can also be a much more severe punishment. The first yellow card would not likely matter but yes, it remains until quarter finals. He couldn't get punished for getting a 2nd# 1st yellow in the first KO match though.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 9
14. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 9 Jun 17, 2018, 01:36 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 23:04:
Cyberpubk, TES 6, Maybe Starfield, Dying Light 2, and Satisfactory. That was the surprise hit of E3 for me. Still have yet to see the bloody Cyberpunk demo.

Pretty much same for me, everything else is a skip. What I was surprised NOT to see is Anno 1800, which is still apparently coming this year, so they and probably everyone else are waiting for Gamescom (in August) where we'll see a lot more interesting upcoming games with actual footage

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2018, 20:44 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 15:18:
Wow
I scored a 2, not gonna ruin that by taking the full test because i already know I'm colorblind.

Scored a 0 and am color blind (red green) but my problem isn't only with certain brightness levels and clearly my screen pushes those hues out of those... (which is obviously good, I don't need color blindness settings in games even though I am red/Green weak ,p)

12721 Comments. 637 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo