Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12471 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2018, 07:46 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 13:57:
Russian bots are rallying behind embattled Fox News host Laura Ingraham as advertisers DUMP her show
Sorry barbie doll, but you're outta here and no amount of russian interference can help you now. #DeleteFoxNews

Remember, Russian dis-information campaign is meant to split and cause destabilization, so the counter side likely got just as much support.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2018, 07:45 eRe4s3r

WarPig wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 13:45:
Blue, in the past have you ever been fooled by one of these April Fool's articles? I could see it easily happening in the old days or with articles that aren't that weird. And along those lines, have you ever placed an article in the "April Fool's Roundup" and later found out it was real?

At least 1 story in the April Fools roundup was real (The DNS one) and at least 1 story in the tech news from the 30th was fake and meant as April Fools (The DD Audio one).

Yeah, I kept track, yes, yes I was maybe bored.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Apr 2, 2018, 05:38 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:31:
I've experienced anecdotal evidence about wireless phone safety in my life to make me wary. An acquaintance who kept her phone in her bra of her right breast for five years developed breast cancer in that breast. She was 23. A friend's father was a telecom linesman, he used one of those old blocky cell phones to test the line. Diagnosed with 4 brain tumors on the right side where he used the phone.

It wouldn't surprise me if, like tobacco and fossil fuels, the industry is suppressing the risk.

Suppressing?

I link you to the WHO
http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2011/pdfs/pr208_E.pdf

Wear radiation sources near your boobs at your own peril

Ps.: Would be impossible to say what exactly caused that boob cancer, because phones produce EM radiation obviously, but they also produce heat, and concentrated heat + skin contact + fat/watery cells + long-term is always REALLY bad.

I've read somewhere that wearing phones close to skin can literally cause "internal burns" because the cells can't handle localized heat sources that block sweating.

Then again, I learned in school "radiation danger is directly related to emission strength (in KW) and wave-form" so it makes sense to me that phones can cause problems. But for WIFI the fear makes no sense, that's in the GHz range....

As I said, maybe the real source of the tumors was simple heat? But yeah, best not to gamble with your life.

To make it clear, I am super careful about radiation sources evidence or no. What I learned in school stuck with me (I grew up post Chernobyl after all) and I don't trust phones to be ANYWHERE close to me.

This comment was edited on Apr 2, 2018, 05:58.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 1, 2018, 18:20 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:32:
Okay, you do understand Forbes is a financial magazine, right? I'm not saying they shouldn't or can't over it, just wondering why they bother. It isn't what I would want or expect to see when I picked up one of their magazines or visited their website...

Forbes has expanded a lot beyond just financial, though this is filed under "opinion"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2018, 17:24 eRe4s3r

Alamar wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:38:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:23:
Wait... this isn't an April Fools' gag? Far Cry 5 is really selling that well?!

Wow... well I'll definitely be interested when the GotY version goes on sale, but it looks like more of the same.

What sequel isn't more of the same? And why is that considered bad?

probably because if you played one you played them all? Aside that, if you like Far Cry then why not play 5? Seems fun enough

But obviously it's bad, because it shows Ubisoft lacks any creativity.. or maybe rather the balls to push for something new or unique. But then again, whether that's bad is really subjective.

News Comments > April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup
21. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 15:59 eRe4s3r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:22:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 14:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 12:37:
As for the others. Any serious news-site would be absolutely batshit insane to pull April fools in the age of fake news and twitter shit-storms. So I am really glad not to see any serious news site in this list

Look at the Lexus clip. Its hilarious and face palm inducing at the same time, how obvious they do it just so everyone really 100% for sure understands its a joke. They are all scared to the bone of these PC-shitstorms based on fake news and virtue signalling gone wrong.

And why wouldn't they, it's not like fake news is not a zeitgeist thing already, you can destroy an entire level of trust if you'd put a single "for laughs" news post somewhere where NOBODY expects anything to be fake. Not to mention all these things you correctly mentioned too, causing potentially a shit-storm (that won't care you retroactively call it April Fools) just ain't worth it nowadays.

As I said, any serious news site pulling this would be absolutely crazy to do it. Especially when news are aggregated the original date and meaning/intention can be easily lost too. April fools just isn't worth the hassle anymore.
They always were the zeitgeist.
1964 they started the Vietnam war and caused millions of deaths. 1990 they helped with the invasion of Iraq and killed hundreds of thousands of people and children. 2003 they caused millions of people to die again and to this date continue to kill more.

And now all of the sudden they get a new name and people think they didnt exist before? No. Its different now. Its virtue signalling now. They didnt care about the many lives before, or else they would have learned a long time ago not to believe everything they hear in the media or from the government. Now its just about them (whatever side) being on the right side, again completely ignoring facts just so they can claim to be "non-fake news". We had that already in history too and it always led to total disaster. Thats the real tragic thing. People who should have learned from pretty recent history are doing the exact opposite and actually help actively so that it repeats.

Yeah but there is a huge difference to 2003, 90 or 64.. nowadays information spreads instantly and often isn't curated by anything other than a filter bubble..... Facebook is notorious for not spreading redaction posts (official ones) of news stories if it doesn't match the filter bubble of the user.

And twitter feeds may promote a story to get clicks but they sure as hell won't promote the correction (if one was posted) and nobody with any braincell believed the WMD story in IRAQ. Germany said no to the war for a reason. ^^

As I said, you are not wrong really, fake news and lies always existed, but before the digital age they didn't spread globally in an instant and the govs believed they can control them for their gains, which they of course can not.

18. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 15:30 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 14:08:
1.x.x.x belongs to the APNIC (Asia-Pacific Network Information Centre), the people in charge of handing out IPv4 address in the Asia-Pacific region. I doubt they'll be giving it up any time soon.

1.1.1.1 to 1.1.1.255
1.0.0.1 to 1.0.0.255

are co-owned | from WHOIS -> APNIC and Cloudflare DNS Resolver project

And yes, I did not know this either and thought this was a joke.

16. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 15:25 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 14:00:
Genesys wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 13:57:
That Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 article is real, actually... They also have the service on 1.0.0.1 since so many wifi routers have decided that 1.1.1.1 is a suitable IP address for their captive portal (it's even in Cisco's own documentation).
Doesn't look good when https://1.1.1.1 does not load.

Works fine for me, only question is why I wouldn't use my ISP DNS.. which is like 8ms ping or less..... while this 23ms Or put differently, 3 times slower.

15. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 15:22 eRe4s3r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 14:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 12:37:
As for the others. Any serious news-site would be absolutely batshit insane to pull April fools in the age of fake news and twitter shit-storms. So I am really glad not to see any serious news site in this list

Look at the Lexus clip. Its hilarious and face palm inducing at the same time, how obvious they do it just so everyone really 100% for sure understands its a joke. They are all scared to the bone of these PC-shitstorms based on fake news and virtue signalling gone wrong.

And why wouldn't they, it's not like fake news is not a zeitgeist thing already, you can destroy an entire level of trust if you'd put a single "for laughs" news post somewhere where NOBODY expects anything to be fake. Not to mention all these things you correctly mentioned too, causing potentially a shit-storm (that won't care you retroactively call it April Fools) just ain't worth it nowadays.

As I said, any serious news site pulling this would be absolutely crazy to do it. Especially when news are aggregated the original date and meaning/intention can be easily lost too. April fools just isn't worth the hassle anymore.

4. Re: April Fool's 2018 Comedy Gold Roundup Apr 1, 2018, 12:37 eRe4s3r

By accident PoE actually made the game way more fun... that's maybe not a joke, more like really damn sad. God the core loop of PoE has gotten so boring.

News Comments > AirMech Strike Strikes
7. Re: AirMech Strike Strikes Mar 31, 2018, 16:37 eRe4s3r

fawker wrote on Mar 31, 2018, 11:33:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 31, 2018, 10:04:
fawker wrote on Mar 31, 2018, 09:13:
Damn, that was a long EA.

"only" 4 years .. isn't that long, there are things like Star Citizen.... ehm.. yeah

More like 6 years, it was around long before Star Citizen.

Interesting So is it a good game or what?

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2018, 16:35 eRe4s3r

The addicts are crying, and the salt shall feed this limitation for years to come, hopefully.

The fact Steam even allows skin gambling, which is illegal as fuck because steam does not block out minors is baffling beyond belief. Gaben should be in jail imo. At least there he'd be doing something productive and maybe HL3 would happen...

News Comments > AirMech Strike Strikes
2. Re: AirMech Strike Strikes Mar 31, 2018, 10:04 eRe4s3r

fawker wrote on Mar 31, 2018, 09:13:
Damn, that was a long EA.

"only" 4 years .. isn't that long, there are things like Star Citizen.... ehm.. yeah

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2018, 09:54 eRe4s3r

And what to do when you want to transform cats to be less mentally agile?  

News Comments > Get Spec Ops: The Line for Free
21. Re: Get Spec Ops: The Line for Free Mar 31, 2018, 06:03 eRe4s3r

The fact that nearly everyone in this topic liked it and still remembers it tells you a lot more than any spoiler.

Clearly we are all simple minded easy to impress and not at all jaded gamers.

Yeah, that must be it.

18. Re: Get Spec Ops: The Line for Free Mar 30, 2018, 15:21 eRe4s3r

Flatline wrote on Mar 30, 2018, 12:08:
Drayth wrote on Mar 30, 2018, 08:56:
I wouldn't say the whole thing rides on the single twist. There's some subtle elements like, EDIT -- nm, even while trying to be vague I felt like I was saying too much.

The "twist" is a tonal shift mainly. I didn't even feel like it was a crux of the story because Spoiler: Walker starts making bad decisions immediately. The plot intentionally blows past the fact that you're on a recon mission and aren't even supposed to interact with anyone- just leave and go get the cavalry if you find survivors. On retrospect, the dude is nuts before he sets foot in Dubai. You can see it in his obsession with Konrad even before the WP mortar thing.

The ending makes pretty clear why Walker did not call the cavalry, he was out for revenge and the mission was never what we was going for here.... and he was a nutjob from the first minute.

The tonal shift and revelation that most of the things Walker saw, that he based all his decisions on, were hallucinations was to me one of the greatest plot twists in the game.

That Creston thinks we mean the mortar scene is the perfect example on why this game never got a sequel btw. You could say the point went over him, but really the scene was maybe too heavy to be easily put aside as a red herring. It's not what I mean with twist though, to me other things play a far bigger role. But yeah.. that would be a really big spoiler.

News Comments > Empires Apart Released
1. Re: Empires Apart Released Mar 30, 2018, 14:18 eRe4s3r

No campaign and only 8 maps ;/  

News Comments > GOD EATER 3 Details
3. Re: GOD EATER 3 Details Mar 30, 2018, 05:01 eRe4s3r

GE2 was one of the worst Monster Hunter clones I ever played... combat, upgrade, leveling, AI is super SUPER grindy and annoying. And the level design is awful too. The story is ripped straight from the Anime so don't expect any surprises there....

This more than any other game would SOOOOOO benefit from an actual combat system that isn't total hp bloated low damage shit. Mind you, enemies do damage.. but they are laughable easy to dodge, the real problem is you can't really do any damage to them quickly nor easily, and when 2 "big" enemies or more appear, things go south so extremely you end up in Mexico.

Overall, this game is on my negative hype list, I would rather see it not release.

11. Re: Get Spec Ops: The Line for Free Mar 30, 2018, 04:56 eRe4s3r

One of the few shooters were I actually felt something while playing it. Compare that to games like BF1 or the god awful COD games and you get an idea....

In the situation where the big "WTF" happens I also never thought there was any other logical alternative. Which made the reveal all the more sad.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Next This Summer
24. Re: No Man's Sky Next This Summer Mar 30, 2018, 03:39 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 18:28:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 15:05:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 14:51:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 14:22:
I hear that the last update changed the controls and made the game worse though.
When did you hear that? I started in January and it seemed fine to me.
https://youtu.be/WdS7Os7u4dY?t=5m47s
So, the flight changes happened just before I started playing the game. That explains why I didn't notice them getting worse. I have to say though, I enjoyed that review/rant on NMS even though I have spent 300 hours in the game. Also, I noticed that guy has only 31 videos posted but has 285k subs. How does that happen?

Called deleting videos

12471 Comments. 624 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo