Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11362 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 27, 2017, 16:03 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 15:44:
LittleMe wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 15:23:
A lot of people in prison for narcotics are not addicts but sellers or non addicts possessing.
I'm fairly certain it has been shown multiple times there are a lot of people in prison for very minor usage and possession convictions due to mandatory sentencing laws...

It has also been shown that punishment is not a deterrent when the causes of crime is social or economic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Jun 27, 2017, 10:48 eRe4s3r

If it made 50k it already made 20k more than 50% of *ALL* indy titles...

Put's that "gigantic failure" into perspective, especially considering it's a VR game. As long as the VR goggles cost more than the GPU's needed to run them this will remain a stagnant market.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2017, 18:46 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 25, 2017, 12:05:
Call flooding was priceless.

One of the best pieces of entertainment ever made imo. It should be a 24/7 live-stream with alternating scammer numbers and he'd be rolling in money. Heck, I would support that.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jun 25, 2017, 11:56 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Jun 25, 2017, 11:43:
Putting up the whole thing as collateral for a secured loan? Must have run into some desperate financial straits. I wonder why? Don't they make a ton of money selling Shark Cards fake ships?

They put the IP up for collateral, mind telling us, oh great economic advisor, what else a development studio making 1 game owns aside from that?

And a bank would not "sit on the IP" and throw it away if RSI walked away. That IP is only worth something when you actually finish the project, and a bank would 100% offload this to a new developer to salvage the collateral. So in a sense, this is actually making sure this game (at least SQ42) will actually release

What the true news here is... well, that is that Derek Smart does apparently not know how loans work nowadays. And that is imo pretty shocking.

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Video Tease
2. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Video Tease Jun 24, 2017, 21:53 eRe4s3r

Guess as a marketing tool for the Q&A/reveal stream it serves a purpose though. Whether the game is worth all that.. well...  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 13:29 eRe4s3r

The joke is that a company will be legally responsible for breaking the law in the EU if it follows the US court decisions. And good luck trying to weasle out of this one, German customer data is protected by EU customer protection laws, we don't give a fuck what a US court decides here. Either the US government makes a deal with the EU, or US companies will be separate legal entities here.

The way not to solve this is the way the Trump administration does it. And ask yourself this, why would Google violate EU laws where it can end up getting literally BANNED just to conform to some idiotic US law that doesn't even have validity in the jurisdiction that sister company sits? This entire court case makes no sense. Is the US government seriously saying that it's own companies should violate international law, WTO law, and nearly a thousand multi-national agreements?

And remember, Trump is the reason there is no data exchange agreement, he let it run out demanding a "better deal" to which the EU said "no deal" and now every company is fucked. "Which law do we violate" shouldn't be a needed decision for a company.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2017, 13:46.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 PC Plans
12. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 PC Plans Jun 24, 2017, 10:33 eRe4s3r

D4rkKnight wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 22:35:
Because I wouldn't use Win10 as a primary OS unless its gutted of Microsoft's spyware. If the games are going to require it then it's boot to play and shut down after.

How is Win10 free to register? I see it going for $92 on Amazon. You can run it essentially forever without buying the license without personalization options but I'm not sure about their store.

The store is actually trying to maliciously (imo) trick you into converting your "local" user profile into a "online MS" profile when you first open the store.

To not have this occur, you need to actually (and very very carefully) open the store via start menu, and in this dialog here http://i.imgur.com/wynq5b1.png pick the marked thing, and NEVER EVER ENTER YOUR WINDOWS PASSWORD

If you give this at any time your actual Windows password (used for local account) MS will convert that to a online account, with all the privacy issues this entails.

And yes, this is another one of "those" GUI elements that are specifically and maliciously designed to trick the unsuspecting.

News Comments > Rockstar's GTA Mod Statement
10. Re: Rockstar's GTA Mod Statement Jun 24, 2017, 10:17 eRe4s3r

ViRGE wrote on Jun 24, 2017, 01:45:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 20:55:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 20:32:
Dr_Dissent wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 19:42:
I'm not a lawyer. Do we get our mods back or not?
Yes. As long as they can't be used for MP, you don't make money from them, and they don't steal assets/characters from other games (including other Rockstar games).

As far as I can tell OpenIV is still closed down because of the cease and desist they received. So, still bad.
At this point I don't know if that's a separate negotiation or if they're just taking their time. But as long as it followed the above (especially the bit about not being usable for MP) they should be fine.

Considering how GTA4 modding works, no.. they would not be fine... there is no way for OpenIV mods not affect MP due how the interjection works...

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 PC Plans
3. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 PC Plans Jun 23, 2017, 11:51 eRe4s3r

PC =! W10 ;/  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jun 23, 2017, 07:00 eRe4s3r

And again the DLC for Warhammer Total War is only 30% off, fuck that. I will wait this out till the end of times if needed  

News Comments > No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC?
14. Re: No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC? Jun 22, 2017, 12:43 eRe4s3r

NewMaxx wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 12:12:
He's going to regret saying this...I guarantee it (meme).

With all the discussions I've had on recoil in games, this is pretty funny. Some games, like BF1, introduced "random" recoil to make it so it's impossible to memorize recoil patterns like you have in other titles (e.g. CS). Other games have made it directional or non-existent depending on gun types, like Planetside 2. How you fire and what attachments may affect your aim, too, a la Rainbow Six Siege. Many titles reduce recoil for LMGs when fired for prolonged periods of time (The Division). Of course "bullet spread" and recoil are not synonymous but they do go hand-in-hand. Kneeling, prone, bipods, not moving or moving slowly, distance, etc. all can impact the former which then makes the latter a multiplier.

My point: this isn't about feel. It's about variety, it's about skill, it's about strategy. Many people derided BF1's approach as appealing to casual players as there's variability that is uncontrollable. Some said predictable recoil patterns had nothing to do with skill. Players wanted different solutions to LMGs in The Division as it was useless in PVP. ACOG single-shot in RB6 made people question balance. PS2 had the dynamic of low-damage with high ROF, high alpha with poor ACC, and perfect ACC while middling otherwise (the three faction's guns). None a perfect solution, but none just threw away the concept all-together!

I don't know what to say.

UT1 rocket launchers, miniguns, lightning gun in quake etc. had 0 recoil... so you wanna say those games were not about skill? Camera movement when firing is actually considered non-competitive, because what it leads to (CS:GO) is that "pro" people learn the shot patterns and then that turns from variety and skill to a pretty shit way to balance a gun.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 21, 2017, 01:10 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 17:45:
Ozmodan wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 17:31:
Definitely driver error, but Tesla was rather stupid in naming the feature autopilot when anyone with a brain knows how easily misinterpreted that word can be.
I kinda think that the car should know better than to drive under a semi-trailer.
How much you wanna bet that software Rev 2.0 knows the average height of the vehicle and takes into account the height of the hole it is pointed at, because not every opening is a tunnel or overpass.

Well, to be able to do that it has to actually know what a semi-trailer is and imo there is no way our AI tech is there yet.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 12
4. Re: It Came from E3, Part 12 Jun 19, 2017, 14:29 eRe4s3r

Icewind wrote on Jun 19, 2017, 12:06:
I was interested in that E3 security article, but I moused-over the URL and it shows it's from Polygon, so I didn't bother. There's more "spin" on that site than every cable news network combined.

Well, it's about people who walked into the event without passes nor checked backpacks.. so yeah, 0 security. Doesn't need any spin, you either got security that works 100%, or you got no security.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Pa. man awarded $870,000 after doctor removes wrong testicle. Jun 19, 2017, 04:30 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 17, 2017, 14:38:
From the article, "It is the first medical malpractice verdict in the immediate area in at least 25 years." Depending on what constitutes the "immediate area" that seems some what surprising. I'm guessing there have been other cases of medical malpractice during that time...

I doubt the lawsuits for this will increase now that the precedent for such a severe mistake makes it clear you only get awarded 870k for "mistakenly" inflicted sterility.

To me it can't happen soon enough that robots replace doctors, if robots fuck up, you have a data log and recordings of everything and there is always proof.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 19, 2017, 04:22 eRe4s3r

But the non-symmetry of the wall pictures makes me cringe.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
28. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 19, 2017, 04:18 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 21:04:
Now it's at Overwhelmingly Negative between Exceedingly Negative and Terribly Negative. Makes Mostly Negative look genuinely positive.

I wonder if there is another "**** negative" wording for below 10% ? Never actually seen that.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
14. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 15:37 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:57:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:30:
Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:23:
Fucking drama queens. Them losers been playing that game every fucking day since it came out for PC. This is the kind of shit that has Rockstar flip the PC off for.

So you're against gamers voicing their discontent when a developer kills mods in order to juice more money out of the customers? You like all these microtransactions and day one DLC bs? Because it happened when gamers didn't say anything. Who cares if Rockstar puts their game on PC or not. We've got infinite good games to play, we don't need to bend over for them.

I knew this was coming. Normally I'd agree, just not in this case. Too much drama -- way too much drama! -- for what the dev did. GTA5 is insanely good on so many levels, even people who don't like the game can't possibly disagree with that. I say this and I am not even remotely a fan of the game. And what happened now? They removed their mod support or w/e and the game is now marked as Overwhelmingly Bad on the #1 marketplace for PC games. Fucking hilarious.

Why do you care? A customer can rate a product anyway and anytime he or she wants or feels like, it isn't dependent on your approval.... and if you piss off your customers who pay the price. Just ask Top Ware and Two Worlds 2

What I find more surprising is that Take 2 thinks this will make OpenIV disappear, because a cursory glance showed me 3 active mirrors of the latest OpenIV version.... and those won't ever be taken down easily...

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 17, 2017, 13:46 eRe4s3r

But not new games, obviously.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 17, 2017, 12:00 eRe4s3r

And when the batteries fail after 2 years you can throw it away and teh scrap is send to Africa... wish nations would make some legislation that makes such designs illegal, but alas...  

News Comments > Dawn of War III Free Content Next Week
6. Re: Dawn of War III Free Content Next Week Jun 17, 2017, 11:55 eRe4s3r

Until there is a Chaos faction this isn't even a real WH40k game imo.  

11362 Comments. 569 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo