Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10520 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2016, 20:05 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 18:06:
JayDeath wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 18:04:
How can one live without their liver? Am I missing something?
When a patient receives a liver transplant, his or her entire liver is removed. It is then replaced by a portion of the donor's healthy liver.

So they both have to take immune response blockers for the rest of their lives?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Samsung’s mobile division profits collapse by 96% year-over-year. Noteworthy. Oct 27, 2016, 18:28 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 12:40:
It's noteworthy because Samsung Mobile is still profitable in the face of such a massive stumble.

Except the whole Samsung brand is massively damaged And if the S8 even so much as lights 1 single fire you can expect a massive downturn for Samsung...

Which is really sad.. I always thought they made great tablets ,p

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 27, 2016, 17:20 eRe4s3r

End of vol 2 is a great find, it explains why FPS suddenly tanks and ping goes up after the blimp goes down in some situations.. very weird issue at that!  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 27, 2016, 02:44 eRe4s3r

The Withering sounds like all the other.. heck, nearly 6 dozen clones already in early access.... Also.. yes, zombies. Kinda ballsy to try a KS with that

That other KS can't be real, can it? Who are the idiots giving money to this absurdity? And WHY?

Ps... Who even says "Buckaroo" nowadays.. and WHY?

Also..

"Our salacious scenes are literary in nature and read aloud by talented performers, intended to pound the most sexual of your organs...Your imagination."

So what people are backing there is a narrated visual novel with video (and real people) instead of still-art... when you think about it that is certainly not something seen in gaming for a long while.. ;p (Meaning I saw something like that back in the dos / CD days) Been so long I even forgot the term for it.. "FMV game" ,)

I think that weird bunker FMV game was the last one I played, and actually enjoyed heh

Basically, if you step through the weird KS page it's basically a KS for a weird kind of FMV game... ;p And if you can see beyond the persons involved, then it's actually a curiosity.. because it'll be free (once it is done) apparently..

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2016, 02:53.

News Comments > Clockwork Empires Released
1. Re: Clockwork Empires Released Oct 27, 2016, 02:18 eRe4s3r

Steam reviews say this was pushed through EA with most of the promised features missing.. and is now an essentially empty husk of what was actually promised...

Anyone played this and can confirm or correct?

News Comments > Turtle Rock Evolves Past Evolve
12. Re: Turtle Rock Evolves Past Evolve Oct 26, 2016, 13:53 eRe4s3r

loomy wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 11:20:
I'm sorry to hear this because I like asymmetrical games

But how many MP games of this type do you actually play?

News Comments > Turtle Rock Evolves Past Evolve
3. Re: Turtle Rock Evolves Past Evolve Oct 26, 2016, 01:05 eRe4s3r

Sadly as much as the world was well designed, as little thought was put into actually fleshing the game out

As it was, they created a game that nobody wanted to play longer than a week because running after a hiding monster until it is strong enough to kill you is about as much fun as it sounds.

And with that I mean it isn't fun whatsoever. The only thing that kept people there for a week was the grind..

In the f2p release they actually (imo) made the game worse by toning down the chase/hunt times, giving hunters a beacon that always points towards the monster and thus making every game play out the same.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
9. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Oct 25, 2016, 20:42 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Oct 25, 2016, 18:37:
Tried to give Dishonored 1 another shot because I wanna get excited for Dishonored 2... But fuck is that game boring if you chose the ghost/stealthy/non-lethal approach. My. Fucking. God.

Why you playing that way then? My last playthrough just a few days ago was 100% lethal (never did that, actually) and without restrictions... was a blast. The ending is also completely different, has a different tone and dialog changes... I found that pretty interesting and fun.

Also I got the remote possession ability asap and blinked my way around as a god of mind control

Imo you should not couple a ghost playthrough with non-lethal.. that's pretty masochistic

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Oct 24, 2016, 23:02 eRe4s3r

EA / Dice must have drunk from the retard fountain...

So let's see here..
# no proper instant anti-cheat
# Account on Origin Access grants access to BF1 MP for 4$
# Cheaters get only banned after multiple rounds, cheat once, play normal a few hours, cheat again -> no ban for up to 3 days
# If cheaters get ban, new account costs 4$, there is no hardware or deeper payment provider ban.
every 3 days 4$ ... 10*4 = $40 meaning it is cheaper to cheat in this for a whole month, even getting caught! Than to actually buy the fucking game.

Holy fuck... EA
EA as it lives and breaths

Or put differently.

THANK YOU EA

You just made a business model that is better for cheaters than for regular consumers!

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
4. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Oct 24, 2016, 22:08 eRe4s3r

I am hyped.. probably the only decent SP FPS coming before the year ends...  

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA Picketing EA Today
32. Re: SAG-AFTRA Picketing EA Today Oct 24, 2016, 17:15 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2016, 15:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2016, 14:22:
Beamer wrote on Oct 24, 2016, 12:05:
Some here just like to call everything and everyone they do not understand lazy and greedy. They've been doing it to marketing teams for years. It's a whole lot easier to call someone lazy and greedy and accuse them of trying to screw you over than to take the time to understand where they're coming from and why.

So you are OK when programmers, marketing and artists demand royalties too? Don't get me wrong, if that is going to happen then fine with me.
Sounds good to me too. It's either that, or to C-level exec multimillion dollar salaries.

But not so fine for indy devs and extremely not fine for big publishers who'd just flat out not employ you with such a demand attached.
Again, these residuals start at the 2M sales mark. "Indie" developer RSI has sold only about 1M Star Citizen games. As for not hiring devs requesting residuals, that's the point of having a union with everyone in it.

Last time I checked this is an US only union... so how would everyone be in it...

Btw, imo it would be high time for a GLOBAL game developers union where all job professions can unionize and get stuff they need (like health-care for freelancers which is a HUGE issue, most of indy devs art comes from freelancers, same for VA and music)

So I am not saying they place outlandish demands, I am saying this US only attempt will only lead to 1 thing.. outsourcing. Because english and acting skill are EASILY replaced.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2016, 17:25.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
20. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 24, 2016, 14:26 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2016, 03:56:
I think the scariest thing is that on our way to build a benevolent AI smarter than we are, we'll have many false starts. Imagine building an AI as smart as a lizard, and it gets scared. It overrides its safety protocols, hacks all the nukes in the world it can get to, and launches them.

I don't see the issue

12. Re: SAG-AFTRA Picketing EA Today Oct 24, 2016, 14:22 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 24, 2016, 12:05:
Some here just like to call everything and everyone they do not understand lazy and greedy. They've been doing it to marketing teams for years. It's a whole lot easier to call someone lazy and greedy and accuse them of trying to screw you over than to take the time to understand where they're coming from and why.

So you are OK when programmers, marketing and artists demand royalties too? Don't get me wrong, if that is going to happen then fine with me. But not so fine for indy devs and extremely not fine for big publishers who'd just flat out not employ you with such a demand attached.

3. Re: SAG-AFTRA Picketing EA Today Oct 24, 2016, 11:31 eRe4s3r

This may be the first time in my life where I would agree with the naysayers that say that certain type of unions are damaging to the economy.

Can you imagine if you are indy, and you are facing 10 VA's who all want royalties? I'd tell them to fuck off and employ people from the street for a decent wage. But royalties for voice work? Royalties for producing a wav file? WTF? What kind of medication do you need to even think this is a valid thing to ask from a union who's "laborers" contribute maybe 6% (at most) to a game (RPG's more, simulations a lot less) ?

Granted most indies don't get to 2m sales

Still this is a super weird thing to ask.. and as I said, if my employee accepts this, I will be striking for the same thing If I game I ever touched a single texture on makes 2m sales, I want bonus money, because obviously that is how the economy works....

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2016, 11:37.

News Comments > Sky Break Released
5. Re: Sky Break Released Oct 24, 2016, 00:48 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 23, 2016, 22:34:
SM0k3 wrote on Oct 23, 2016, 19:42:
No Man's Sky pt 2? but at an appropriate price.

This is like that?

No.. watched a quick youtube let's play and it's nothing like NMS.. linear exploration, not procedural anything except maybe enemy spawns. The world is hand-crafted and from start to finish (as in, actual ending, game-over) it takes about 6 hours...

In a sense it's not just linear, but highly story driven and even gated.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 24, 2016, 00:40 eRe4s3r

2 outlived behemoths last marriage.. next up, the grave  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 23, 2016, 20:06 eRe4s3r

Nine wrote on Oct 23, 2016, 18:47:
one of Life's great truths:

never buy a Civ game until at least the first expansion

What about Civ Beyond Earth? Because the "expansion" added nothing of value...

Anyway, CIV 6 is imo kinda flawed but ultimately better than Beyond Earth

16. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 23, 2016, 13:02 eRe4s3r

El Pit wrote on Oct 23, 2016, 11:03:
While the few rich parts of the world think about AI and its dangers, in all the poor countries of the world people pack up their things and move to the rich countries trying to get a piece of the pie. They are the majority, they are billions. What happens next might result in no AI ever being developed because the world (of homo sapiens) will change so much that any development on AI will come to a halt until it is clear if we are heading for global human disaster or a reboot.

The joke being that with Europe being as it is right now, this situation would completely shift it to right wing dominated parties.... Europe would fall apart, and borders would become high-tech fortresses. The only thing that March would do nowadays is promote parties to power that would quite literally shoot at them. And shift public opinion in such a way as to permit militarization at the external borders.

The world was a different place 1990

Also, it would be AI controlled guns shooting at refugees then.. think about the irony

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2016, 13:07.

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA Statement
50. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 22, 2016, 23:31 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 13:06:
PHJF wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 08:50:
But at the same time everybody and their mother knows being a games developer is a mostly horrible job with miserable hours, mountains of unpaid overtime and a constant whip on the back courtesy the slave drivers at EA or some other publishing behemoth. Bottom line being that while games VA artists probably deserve better pay... so does most everyone else in games development.

Yeah, I've never understood why that industry didn't unionize. If there was ever an industry ripe for that, it's games development.

It's because this would require a worldwide union....

7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 22, 2016, 23:16 eRe4s3r

Genesys wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 23:12:
Cutter wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 18:37:
Steve's a little late to the party. Man, have none of you guys seen Colossus: The Forbin Project? It was way ahead of its time, seeing as it released back in 1970. Awesome friggin movie and seemingly more likely - IMO - than a Skynet scenario. It's a must watch along with the other two classics, The Andromeda Strain and the much lesser known but equally as fascinating - and some of the most amazing cinematography you'll ever see - Phase IV.
Holy cow. Clicked on that Andromeda Strain link, and never knew it's rated G! What a way to scare kids!

Phase IV will do that far better....

Btw, here is the cut ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beLpsWaUDNk

I loved Andromeda Strain ^^

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2016, 23:32.

10520 Comments. 526 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo