Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9963 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2016, 08:59 eRe4s3r

To be honest, I won't be laughing at Blues here, 2 days in the last weeks in Germany we had 100% humidity and 26C during the frigging night.... it was a total nightmare, 5am we still had 25C and 100%. When I opened the windows at night I could literally see fog flowing in like a waterfall made out of fog.

And today I am freezing.. 21 and 52% humidity.. brrr... summer is just not what it used to be....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 14, 2016, 06:02 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 14:10:
"Airline carriers make massive record profits, and struggle with aging technology."

Well, I guess we know where those massive record profits are coming from.

Do they really make massive record profits though? Here in Germany the airlines are pretty constricted when it comes to money, and competition is hard as hell. (You can fly nearly anywhere in Germany for around 50)

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 14, 2016, 05:49 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 21:14:
Guilty until proven innocent. WTF.

Thanks to pseudo rape-culture gender bullshit you just need to be a male and talk to a women to be accused and (publicly) convicted of rape -> Applebaum

So this principle may exist in theory, but thanks to extremists of all kinds and in all the jurisdictional systems it has eroded to nothingness.

Btw, civil forfeiture sounds like straight out of 1984 "Oh, this money of yours? Let us just take it for a while*"

*very long while if you can't afford a lawyer

And btw, the same thing we have in Germany when you are suspected of certain crimes, they will confiscate EVERY hardware device, even if you are innocent. And they will not give it back of their own volition.

This entire world is fucked up.. and the legal systems especially. Corruption is everywhere where there is power, and the longer society accepts it, the worse it gets.

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Aug 14, 2016, 00:47 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 17:42:
Adding base building and freighter ownership seems like a bad idea all around, they need to breathe more life into the game itself with NPC's walking around in compounds and space stations. More diversity in designs between different alien races.

I don't think this game has a future, which is kind of unfortunate because they do have some really cool tech at work here.

What really gets me is how in the nine hells can you make the claim of "procedural gameplay" when your ENTIRE GAMEPLAY is static grind, mining the same resources on differently colored but same looking planets. Not to mention handcrafted races, which makes every playthrough exactly ZERO % unique.

It really bedazzles the mind that this game could have so little game, but even what is there is just plain bad game design. Grinding to refill survival bars is exactly as fun as it sounds (it isn't) the upgrade system is opaque and the space is unrealistic but also just plain not "fun" to explore..

That's my impressions from watching 2 hours of what I assume is "mid" game, on Twitch.

So summoned up, knew it before. This was over hyped up the wazoo. There is no substance in this, and what little substance is there, isn't even procedural and surprisingly bland and uninspired. It.. really seems like a sandbox that went looking for a game. When in game design, you design the core gameplay loop and the reward loop BEFORE YOU EVEN START CODING.. Argh.. so much potential.. wasted again.

Is it the curse of procedural hype? Developers put so little effort into actually making textures and meshes for the procedural gen to use that I always feel like it is gimped by design. Procedural algo doesn't generate good textures..

To be honest, I am not surprised this game is how it is. It was an indy game, and that is something we should always remember. This isn't a AAA title, even though Sony sells it as that. This is a 20$ proof of concept.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds
39. Re: No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds Aug 12, 2016, 15:50 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 15:40:
SMurray Tweets:

Biggest issue reported so far is players without the Visual C++ Redist 2010. First PC patch released already! Update and restart if needed

Don't most games install this for you if it's not detected?

Number two issue so far is players who have out of date GFX drivers, or none installed. Please install latest drivers from AMD and nVidia.

Last time I tried to play a game with outdated drivers, I got a warning.

Number three please make sure your GFX card is above the min spec. OpenGL 4.5 is required to play No Man's Sky

Required cards are "Graphics: nVidia GTX 480, AMD Radeon 7870 " The vast majority of Steam users have cards more powerful than these, although I do see a few Intel Graphics users in the Steam HW Survey.

Both of these tweets are total bullshit heh

Firstly, you can not install VCredist 2010 on latest W7 and beyond, so whatever they ship there, won't fix a damn thing as anyone who runs modern games already runs latest vcredist of all kinds And vcredis 2010 installer will tell you "newer version is already installed" because you guessed it.. it is.

Secondly, OpenGL 4.5 isn't even fully supported by a 670GTX (4.4 ~ 90% of 4.5) (for example) and the 480 only supports 4.2, if that tweet were true, this would be blatantly false advertising, better make a screenshot of that store page Nowhere does it say it requires OpenGL 4.5

And lastly, majority of crash issues again, are SSE 4.1 related which seems to be a common theme with noob developers lately. The emulation paths for older CPU's are only 10% slower btw.

Btw, they just admitted to fraud ;p

*Requires OpenGL 4.5, Intel cards are not supported.
*Core 2 CPUs and below are not supported

Nothing of that written on the steam store page.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds
30. Re: No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds Aug 12, 2016, 15:15 eRe4s3r

TB just ragequit his stream.. lmao He has 1080s btw.. horrible performance  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 12, 2016, 01:23 eRe4s3r

With this MS just broke Secure Boot ;p Maybe rename it to "insecure boot"  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 12, 2016, 01:09 eRe4s3r

MattyC wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 00:19:
Fion wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 13:46:
Pfffft.. I'm on TWC and I pay $50 for 20/1. Paying an extra $10 for triple the speeds sounds lovely.

You 20 down is rather slow, but you only get 1 up for $50/m? You need to contact The Hague or something. If that isn't some form of internet crime, it should be.

in Germany 6/0.5 for 30 .. so yeah. Living in the "boonies" sucks. The real joke is, 100mbit cable line is available with 10gb a month metering, and if you surpass it, you are down to modem speeds.

So let me call The Hague

News Comments > Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes?
16. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes? Aug 11, 2016, 12:57 eRe4s3r

If it uses the same broken ass engine as the UWP release did then the steam release is going to be a lot of fun

Engine benchmark GTX 1080 vs TITAN X
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBf7L-ZwZwE

News Comments > Battlefield Insiders Get Battlefield 1 Beta Early Access
10. Re: Cossacks 3 in September Aug 11, 2016, 09:35 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 09:09:
Did you forget BF1942? That didn't take WW2 seriously, but it was great silly fun launching TNT Kubelwagons half way across the map to capture flags ;). The only realistic offerings are mods like Forgotten Hope.

True, but it's a given that BF1 won't support mods ^^ And with "not taking the setting serious" I meant the already panned out DLC only nations/vehicles/maps that should have been part of the actual game from the get go...

And btw.. 1942 = Ammo box grenade spam, broke the entire game

7. Re: Battlefield Insiders Get Battlefield 1 Beta Early Access Aug 11, 2016, 09:01 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 02:39:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 01:22:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 22:13:
EA expects to sell 15 million copies in 12 months, so expect another $30 game by Xmas.

I don't need to be a sage to predict that this won't sell 12m ;p

I'd take that bet. BF4 did 14M which is pretty good considering it was a %100 rehash of the already popular BF3, which did 17M.

Yeah, but this is WW1... from everything I've seen so far it doesn't even take the setting seriously... so kinda like Hardline which sold much less than 10m

5. Re: Battlefield Insiders Get Battlefield 1 Beta Early Access Aug 11, 2016, 01:22 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 22:13:
EA expects to sell 15 million copies in 12 months, so expect another $30 game by Xmas.

I don't need to be a sage to predict that this won't sell 12m ;p

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Aug 8, 2016, 20:01 eRe4s3r

FPS movement to a point can never be an instant warp unless you want to disorient the player up the whaazoo... Doom may indeed have solved the problem, but the real source of the problem is that VR game design is in some form of early infancy.

Also this bullet time does not take into account wall jumping, double jumping and ladders I assume...

News Comments > No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill
1. Re: No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill Aug 8, 2016, 19:58 eRe4s3r

Think the main fault of this misperception is the E3 trailer, seriously, edited shots and action scenes for a "very very chill" game are maybe not the best idea.. You ever seen Minecraft advertise with its combat?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 7, 2016, 21:06 eRe4s3r

saluk wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 13:09:
Don't date preorder games!

This a thousand times.

Although maybe the more correct statement would be

"Don't be hyped about games you haven't played"

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Issues
26. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2016, 20:44 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 17:14:
Creston wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 17:06:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 16:37:
For example this article shows what I think we all know, stop Update Service... and if that works, then really what in gods name is all the fuss about? This is one of the oldest tricks in the book. I assume there is something funny going on where it doesn't work, system goes in and stealth starts it any way, otherwise the "You can't stop updates" is one of the most grossly reported issues in the history of Windows feardom.

http://mspoweruser.com/turn-off-windows-update-windows-10/

The update service isn't actually RUNNING on W10 all the time. It gets turned on by something, presumably in the registry, but could just as easily be something hardcoded somewhere, checks for updates, installs them, then the service gets turned off again.

Simply disabling the service does exactly 0% against stopping those updates from being installed. (on Home Premium anyway.)

Any link to that? I'm not disagreeing though, I assumed some funny business has to be happening with what you hear. However I have links of doing this and MS confirming it works to, articles from this year. They warn you against doing it because it could stop critical security updates, but I don't fear those.

Group policy has intervals set for update checks that will restart stopped services. Not sure they will trigger them out of disabled state though. In fact that would be really weird if a service could bring another service out of disabled state. So I assume this still works as it always does, disables WU completely if set to disabled, does do nothing if set to stop/don't auto start or the likes.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2016, 18:36 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 15:09:
What's extra wrong, cheating in the Paralympics or throwing out an entire nation? I presume you mean the former but there seems to be less consensus on the merits of the later than I would have thought.

If you ask me, anyone who ever doped should be banned from all sport events for life. And with Russian athletes it's nearly guaranteed they doped, the system was widespread and mandatory. If you don't do it like this, then these cheaters will always cheat, as they are not punished for it properly.

Only good answer against cheaters is the banhammer

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 6, 2016, 22:17 eRe4s3r

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 14:43:
I wonder if it's banned in North Korea.

You can't access the play store from North Korea, it's under embargo

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 6, 2016, 00:30 eRe4s3r

That's 159m people who should rather be using uBlock Origin than supporting the scam outfit that runs AdBlock Plus, also, you can't block a browser plugin.. but don't tell that the Chinese firewall.  

News Comments > Valve Combating Cheating
2. Re: Valve Combating Cheating Aug 6, 2016, 00:14 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 19:34:
I like this, but be careful who you give gifts.
If you directly gift a game to someone who gets permanently banned, you wont be able to gift that game again.

Has to be that way to curb alt accounts though....

9963 Comments. 499 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo