Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11617 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Cashing Out of Bitcoin
4. Re: Valve Cashing Out of Bitcoin Dec 6, 2017, 21:50 eRe4s3r

Bill Borre wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 21:31:
I'm not sure why transaction costs are ever anything but trivial since it's all done through computers I would guess the business overhead for them is very low.

It's because transactions are % fees calculated in bitcoin, and when value goes up, then so do transaction fees. One of the (many) flaws of Bitcoin.

The currency has to start implementing fractions and move the decimal points a few hundred places to the right to reduce transaction fees back to normal

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bridge Constructor Portal Announced
3. Re: Bridge Constructor Portal Announced Dec 6, 2017, 14:00 eRe4s3r

I need this in my steam library!  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 6, 2017, 13:56 eRe4s3r

Goodbye Titanfall, we never truly knew ya.
And goodbye to the developers, signing up to a studio serial killer is probably the dumbest thing you can do.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 5, 2017, 22:25 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 20:20:
Online bots are able to go online and buy out popular holiday toys. That leaves parents having to shop on third-party sites like eBay and Amazon for the items and buy them at a markup from their original price, The New York Democrat said Sunday.

What do you mean, have to? It's time junior gets used to disappointment and learns you can't always get what you want. Welcome to real life, kid.

Or teach the child how to snipe good offers him/herself, a much needed skill when you don't swim in money.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Dec 5, 2017, 20:16 eRe4s3r

Stormsinger wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 18:33:
It'll be interesting to see if they treat -these- employees the same way they've treated raters for their search algorithms, i.e. like trash, to be managed by a third party for plausible deniability.

With a big corporation, that kinda shit is guaranteed no?

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 5, 2017, 15:33 eRe4s3r

One thing is for certain, if I had to watch even 1 of those automated kid abuse videos I would be sad, 1000's of them every day, I'd go insane....  

News Comments > Star Control Rights Follow-up
8. Re: Star Control Rights Follow-up Dec 5, 2017, 14:01 eRe4s3r

That's a lot of text for 3 games really absolutely nobody cares about anymore.... and that aren't sold anywhere legally aside by the one who owns the license to sell them on Steam (which is Stardock) otherwise Steam would have pulled the games long ago. The reason GoG sold them is that GoG signed extraneous and illegal distribution agreements by the way, if what Wardell says is true the 2 dudes are NOT legally allowed to sell "their own game", so their permission is completely irrelevant.

TL;DR, maybe they should hire an actual lawyer instead of making blog posts....

That said, if they do own the rights to sell the games I would be very surprised, I always assumed they gave them away for free because they LITERALLY can not sell them ^^ So I was even more surprised when I saw them on GoG being sold. Something along the lines is either 1 party spreading a lie or both sides lie or both sides don't understand IP law.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 00:08 eRe4s3r

It's a nice marketing trick, 8bit display but color calibrated and AdobeRGB.. but those LUT tests do not test for gradient transitions. And HDR10 would look absolutely abysmal on a 8bit display, you'd lose over 30% of the source data in that transition.... sad to see Philips Brilliance stands for nothing anymore.  

News Comments > Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans
10. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 4, 2017, 23:17 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 20:55:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 20:11:
Bill Borre wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 20:04:
As long as you download the games through Uplay during their free periods, they will be yours to keep and play whenever you like.

I haven't used Uplay. I'm wondering if anybody here has? The question I have is if I download Black Flag BUT DON'T INSTALL IT (because I'm still running XP) can I re-download the game at a later date after I've finally gotten around to installing the copy of Windows 10 I've had sitting in a box for months now? (I'm not technical so since there's no direct upgrade from 32 to 64 and I've got no experience doing a windows 10 install I've just been waiting for my current HD to die and I'm forced to make the attempt)
Yes, It goes into your library and you can install it whenever you want. Just like Steam.
I take that back.
"As long as you download the games through Uplay during their free periods, they will be yours to keep and play whenever you like."
sound like bs but that's what it says

It can't hurt to go ahead and put them in your library. Nothing to lose.

The wording is like that when you add them from the uPlay client, there you have to click on em in "Free Games" and click "download" to get them listed in your Library, they stay there then forever though, but you can also just go to the link blues has posted and it adds it to your account proper without that nonsense

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2017, 12:54 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 21:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 21:16:
CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 19:43:
Yup. PUBG's been top dawg since March consistently every fucking week after week after week...
No CoD, no AssCreed, no Middle Earth, no GTA, no Skyrim, no Witcher has been able to dethrone it. Sad but true.

Nothing wrong with that per sť, what we can expect now though, is 600 clones of that 1 game mode and none of them will be good. Adding further to the shit-show that is Steam nowadays.....
Popular games and gameplay modes are frequently copied. I use steam to buy games I already want so steam adding more games, both good ones and bad ones, does not affect me.

Yeh, but as soon as you go off looking for decent indy games, steam is not usable.... and for indy and smaller devs the recent influx of shit has been catastrophic

News Comments > Bossa Studios Making AI Push
3. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 12:46 eRe4s3r

I will believe it when I can play it... and it ain't a scam like NMS promises  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 4, 2017, 11:37 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 11:11:
Hahaha, that's brilliant.

Indeed

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2017, 21:16 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 19:43:
Yup. PUBG's been top dawg since March consistently every fucking week after week after week...
No CoD, no AssCreed, no Middle Earth, no GTA, no Skyrim, no Witcher has been able to dethrone it. Sad but true.

Nothing wrong with that per sť, what we can expect now though, is 600 clones of that 1 game mode and none of them will be good. Adding further to the shit-show that is Steam nowadays.....

News Comments > Who Controls Star Control?
10. Re: Who Controls Star Control? Dec 3, 2017, 21:14 eRe4s3r

In the end a inferior game will be made, no doubt ;(  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 3, 2017, 19:31 eRe4s3r

Apple has just abysmal bad QA nowadays, nothing new there.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 2, 2017, 22:12 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 2, 2017, 15:15:
I was kind of shocked at how hland Thanos looked in the trailer.

Did you eat a thesaurus today? Did it taste good?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Voyager Dec 2, 2017, 17:47 eRe4s3r

It's even more amazing when you consider that the EU asteroid lander had 3 failed landing systems and that was built 20 years later....

They really don't built them like they used to. And it makes this achievement all the more impressive by NASA of old. But nowadays nothing like this could ever be built... too much meddling, too little drive for perfection and not enough money.

News Comments > Seven: The Days Long Gone Released
12. Re: Seven: The Days Long Gone Released Dec 2, 2017, 12:17 eRe4s3r

With KB/Mouse it ain't.... with controller, kinda.... super rough game but interesting concept.. horrid-bad sneaking system with ZERO indication of view ranges or what constitutes "sound enemies hear" and what they don't hear...

Seems to be kinda fun though

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 1, 2017, 12:38 eRe4s3r

Yeah, that's a strange "threat" What you call a threat that everyone else thinks would be a good thing? Surely the English language has a word for that?

But you know what the Russian language doesn't have a word for? Internet. They wanna make a LAN so why stop them? If it gets them out of stores, games and chats and forums, that would be the best thing to ever happen!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2017, 12:33 eRe4s3r

Nullity wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 12:15:
Dogs Are Brainier Than Cats, New Study Finds

That's only because cats dedicate the majority of their brain-power and intelligence towards being crazy assholes. There just isn't much left over for anything else.

Yeah I don't think you ever knew despair until you had a cat that had life figured out. And that meant it was an asshole in cat-form that wanted to own everything you owned and anything it couldn't have it would "accidentally" toss of a shelf or chew on or topple over.

But dogs are too much work (And cats know this)

11617 Comments. 581 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo