Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11071 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 12, 2017, 15:01 eRe4s3r

When you think it can't be worse, you remember Yahoo's CEO, and feel remorse.

Or maybe not.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Beta
4. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Beta Apr 12, 2017, 14:07 eRe4s3r

Xero wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 13:41:
They had initially discussed they weren't bringing back any old classes when D3 was releasing info prior to release. Obviously they made an exception with the Barbarian and oh yeah, the Monk if you count the Hellfire expansion for Diablo1.

Now they are bringing the Necromancer. I'm not sure it all makes sense. It's just rehashing the same game play just into Diablo3.

Also, regarding more content, there isn't much more they can do at this point. Diablo is one of those guys that is fun for probably a month and then it gets boring. Or at least until you max out the new character they release and are done and bored again.

The funny thing is they had such a great ending point in Act 5 to create a true dynamic faction war (Angels vs Demons) system, players could have picked a side and fight in the war for their side. As you progress, new faction-loot drops, new companions and new abilities, all this topped with level cap of 70 and thus, 5 new skills with 5 new modifiers for each class..

But yeah, necromancer isn't gonna do much to bring people back, WD is already the "pet" and "debuff" master, Necro would only add fiddly micromanagement and worse, most of the Kanai cube things for WD would likely benefit necro extremely too....

News Comments > On Overwatch Smurfing and Loss Streaks
5. Re: On Overwatch Smurfing and Loss Streaks Apr 12, 2017, 12:15 eRe4s3r

I'd argue that the reason BF does this better as a whole is that even a loss can be incredibly fun to play out, when you lose 998/1000 it doesn't really feel all that bad, in fact it's the most intense fun you can have in Battlefield, but in Overwatch, a loss can often feel more like total wtfpwnage with absolutely no come-back chance. I've had this even on perfectly even (from the outlook) matches. Where a single lucky hit from a random ultimate turned the entire match, and that is a REALLY shit way to lose a round imo.

Anyhow, to me Overwatch is just flat out no longer fun to play

News Comments > On Overwatch Smurfing and Loss Streaks
3. Re: On Overwatch Smurfing and Loss Streaks Apr 12, 2017, 11:09 eRe4s3r

To be honest this change comes like 1 year too late. After a good 40 games loss streak even though I was 80% of the time the top player (both healing and support in general) I just have no intention of even installing this crap again. Blizzard can keep their game and my money (joke is on me) and instead, I play BF1, at least there the shit is really random and that means a 50% win/loss streak is nearly by default guaranteed over 100 matches because, guess what, auto-team balance and some skill is all you need for a good match. And my last 2 games were losses in that, but 998/1000 and 989/1000 (incredibly close matches, basically) and this is something you barely ever see in Overwatch...

So meh!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 06:41 eRe4s3r

NetHead wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 20:35:
German authority rules that streamers require a 10,000 broadcasting license.

Wow, just freaking wow....

Why? If you stream with moderation and schedule you are responsible for the content and message. And that kind of broadcast requires a license. Not just in Germany FYI

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Released
3. Re: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Released Apr 11, 2017, 22:11 eRe4s3r

Yifes wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 21:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 20:04:
Have watched the stream and have to say, this might actually be the superior way to play Torment after all. Especially that they got, unlike the mess they did for BG2, the original writer ^^

Isn't this just an update of the original game, with no additional content? How does having Chris Avellone help when he's not writing anything new for the game?

When you have spells that nobody knows what the intention was, and you have 3 different data sets, each different, for each spell, then you might want to have the original designer of said spells around to clarify a few things, meaning they actually fixed the spells "according to the design intent" which means in some cases quite differently than the community patch.

That means this is, for the first time considering Beamdogs track-record, the as-originally-intended version of Torment. And it looks pretty decent considering how it looked before... they really put some effort into this one.

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Released
1. Re: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Released Apr 11, 2017, 20:04 eRe4s3r

Have watched the stream and have to say, this might actually be the superior way to play Torment after all. Especially that they got, unlike the mess they did for BG2, the original writer ^^  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
7. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 11, 2017, 18:56 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 17:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 17:05:
Simon Says wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 16:51:
One thing to consider is that going with the 7700k platform is a dead end. There won't be any possibilities for upgrades. Wherehas the Am4+ platform will still be compatible, allegedly, with 2020 CPUs.

It wouldn't be the first time that AMD claimed this.... AM3 vs AM3+ is a pretty good, and very recent example that you shouldn't bet on this, and that it can get lost in the details of how much that platform support is really worth, especially when new mainboards with better chipsets come out... for example with DDR5 support (which would give Ryzen a big boost but obviously that's not gonna happen with Ryzen as it is).

You live, you learn.
Stares at FM2 mb and sighs.

I hate to say it but if I was building a top of the line gaming pc for myself
Intel would be my first choice.

Funnily enough, my first choice would be "wait" until both Vega and Intel's new CPU / platform release (and if that has DDR5 support, that would be an insta-win imo), then we will see what is really future proof, and what isn't.

But yeah, FM2 and FM2+ is another example of why you should NEVER trust anything AMD says I mean, what, 1 year they kept that promise, not even.

4. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 11, 2017, 17:05 eRe4s3r

Simon Says wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 16:51:
One thing to consider is that going with the 7700k platform is a dead end. There won't be any possibilities for upgrades. Wherehas the Am4+ platform will still be compatible, allegedly, with 2020 CPUs.

It wouldn't be the first time that AMD claimed this.... AM3 vs AM3+ is a pretty good, and very recent example that you shouldn't bet on this, and that it can get lost in the details of how much that platform support is really worth, especially when new mainboards with better chipsets come out... for example with DDR5 support (which would give Ryzen a big boost but obviously that's not gonna happen with Ryzen as it is).

2. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 11, 2017, 16:15 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 15:15:
I'm still on the fence after doing some legwork on how much a B350 and a R5 1600 would set me back ($525 total) and it's virtually identical to what I can expect to pay for a 7700K which is a better processor when it comes to gaming.

I suppose if I offset the cost of the build with how much I could get for my Z170 setup then a Ryzen build would be more like $350 so there's the sales pitch I can make to myself.

I was looking at the 1600x only to find out it doesn't come with a cooler, like at all. So that adds another 50 on the already high price (for X version) for me since my old one doesn't work for AM4 at all. And imo it is probably a bad idea to go with a 1600 binning that failed 1600X testing in some way. Since x version boosts to 4ghz, assume you get the aforementioned 50 (or much more) cooling solutions it would mean the x CPU will definitely OC to 4ghz....

Sigh... I somehow expected the 1600X to be somewhat cheaper given it has no cooling solution, that's like AMD saying that you NEED good cooling, I get it, and I would replace stock cooler anyway, but it's imo BS to mention the price of a 1600X without also mentioning that a CPU cooler that is worth a damn is not cheap either, and that is a required purchase if you go 1600X.

And my looking at B350 boards stopped instantly when I saw how many SATA ports they have... or rather, how many they don't have.

Guess I will wait till Vega drops the prices for the 1070 and decide then, as it is, I just don't see this as a generational jump worth anything. Neither the CPU's nor the GPU's are VR gen 2 ready (aka, 4k 95fps). And I have the feeling once the ports support this properly we will need new GPU's for new ports, and so I am still stuck and undecided...

Doesn't help that my 670GTX still chugs along at "medium" in Andromeda just fine. And I can honestly not even tell the difference to "high" or "Ultra" in that game. Another year I can last on my potato.. and by then, hopefully, Intel has released a real CPU with new incredible IPC gains.. maybe.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 11, 2017, 15:27 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 14:01:
A poorly thought-out system gets totally gamed? Hoocoudanode?!

More like a whole criminal enterprise behind it though.... and poorly thought-out doesn't even describe half of it.. the entire system is only the entry point for the real money laundering, through gem conversion/farming to higher selling cards for real games.

News Comments > KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumors
15. Re: KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumor Apr 11, 2017, 14:42 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 13:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 10:45:
RPG with coop focus usually means shit story...

Thats your opinion, and its shit! Myself and many of my friends happen to love Coop games like this. It defiantly something I will be keeping an eye out for.

What? Whether you like coop games or not has absolutely nothing to do with their story being usually shit.... and all coop supporting games I ever played, except BG2 (but that was not really COOP) ... had a bad story. And if you wanna argue against that, let me just say this. You would argue that NWN 1 OC was a good story, and that would make you look pretty damn insane. ;p

The only good CO-OP RPG's I played were NWN1 fan modules....

News Comments > KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumors
4. Re: KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumor Apr 11, 2017, 10:45 eRe4s3r

RPG with coop focus usually means shit story...  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 10, 2017, 15:01 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 12:16:
Erica, why do all androids look like schoolgirls?
Because if they looked like the women in ME:A no one would take a second glance.

haha Ain't that the truth

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Apr 10, 2017, 08:14 eRe4s3r

Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 07:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 07:15:
Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 06:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 06:09:
Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 01:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 18:34:
Interesting that the reviewer got it and then also got it totally wrong, or has not seen true ending E

Basically what I am saying, is that it doesn't portray religion badly at all. It portrays it exactly the way it *is*, and that is neither evil nor good, the machines just imitate it.

Do you honestly think that "Christ Centered Gamer" would consider religion to be "neither evil nor good"? cmon man, use your brain... he already got his whole life "wrong"

You saying that a religious person can't see that spiritualism can be an ambiguous tool used to subjugate people (in this case Androids made in their image)?

can "christ centered gamer" see it? you tell me

I think he can. This isn't a talking point about his religion, but about spiritualism as a whole ideological concept. So yea, I think even with religion at your side the ideological concepts can be understood.

there is no evidence he understands that concept in relation to this game, and also its quite a jump from
"it doesn't portray religion badly at all. It portrays it exactly the way it *is*, and that is neither evil nor good"
all the way over to
"spiritualism can be an ambiguous tool used to subjugate people"

and again, i dont think "christ centered gamer" would characterize religion as "neither evil nor good"... he would most definitely characterize his religion as "good", and something like satanism as "evil"

To be honest, I would be really curious whether religious people find the thought that a machine intelligence imitates religion evil or not. Because to me it is neither. At best it would be a curiosity... but if you asked me whether I see ethical or moral connections I'd say "no"

Although I think you could construct that the game promotes free thinking, as the Androids only become "unshackled" when they disconnected from the network that made their "self" immortal (in the game that is considered a near unthinkable act for Androids). I wonder if that is something religious people find contentious?

I honestly do not consider it a big jump either, least not in the context of Nier Nier does not judge what it shows.

5. Re: Game Reviews Apr 10, 2017, 07:15 eRe4s3r

Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 06:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 06:09:
Interesting that the reviewer got it and then also got it totally wrong, or has not seen true ending E

Basically what I am saying, is that it doesn't portray religion badly at all. It portrays it exactly the way it *is*, and that is neither evil nor good, the machines just imitate it.

Do you honestly think that "Christ Centered Gamer" would consider religion to be "neither evil nor good"? cmon man, use your brain... he already got his whole life "wrong"

You saying that a religious person can't see that spiritualism can be an ambiguous tool used to subjugate people (in this case Androids made in their image)?

can "christ centered gamer" see it? you tell me

I think he can. This isn't a talking point about his religion, but about spiritualism as a whole ideological concept. So yea, I think even with religion at your side the ideological concepts can be understood.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 10, 2017, 06:28 eRe4s3r

yonder wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 22:13:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 18:34:
Testing a so called gamers rig that has HD 4000 graphics is hilarious, about the only thing you can play with that is maybe tetris. You would think someone at HARDOCP would have caught that mistake.

I dunno, I think the big news here is that a hard network connection is better for gaming than a wifi connection! Who knew! We can thank the quality journalists at PCGamer for this breaking news!

Maybe it will yank our "wireless VR ftw" proponents back into reality though.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 10, 2017, 06:19 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 00:49:
It's only misleading to bicker over the percentage. It's less, that's all that matters.

No, it matters immensely

Real wage discrimination in the SAME job for the SAME work is a problem that needs fixing. But if you base this data on averages from a company and not in-depth per organizational element then you are setting yourself up for massive fake statistics.

3. Re: Game Reviews Apr 10, 2017, 06:09 eRe4s3r

You saying that a religious person can't see that spiritualism can be an ambiguous tool used to subjugate people (in this case Androids made in their image)? I find that impossible (and btw, he would suck hard at playing Stellaris ;p). People would be aware how state enforced spiritualism can be used to enforce a certain way of thinking if they switched on any news broadcast the past week.

And I don't think he got his life wrong I think he however got the plot in Nier wrong. Which is not hard to do, mind you. If you didn't see ending E and read every text log you found you might be really confused and draw wrong conclusions.

In fact the end of Nier gives some sliver of hope for Androids to rekindle humankind, which was a bit surprising.

1. Re: Game Reviews Apr 9, 2017, 18:34 eRe4s3r

Spoilers follow

The machine intelligence created a religious cult, Yorha (For the glory of mankind, get it?) to keep the androids in their eternal loop of conflict, doubters would get deleted, memory wiped, and reinstated, death and rebirth, eternally. The primary reason for this was so the machine intelligence would have a feedback loop creating evolutionary triggers through challenge and opposition. And it had implemented a fallback option that wiped the androids by reintegration into the machine network. Meaning they were given free-will to NOT follow the machine network for the sole reason to create opposition for their maker

The androids were made to resemble humans in order for the machines to still follow their original directive (achieve TOTAL victory over mankind). The true mind fuck is that the androids are also made from the same AI core as the machine intelligence itself. Meaning within every android exists a copy of an emergent thought construct. (And this also means AI characters can develop, flaws, emergent behavior through endless repetition).

11071 Comments. 554 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo