Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12715 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > New Steam Sales Estimate Method Shut Down
1. Re: New Steam Sales Estimate Method Shut Down Jul 6, 2018, 18:25 eRe4s3r

If steam were as quick to fix their god awful store front as it is in fixing statistical gathering methods it might be a good store...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
19. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 6, 2018, 12:04 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 5, 2018, 11:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 16:44:
Compare that to Mass Effect Andromeda where I bet you can't even NAME one character even after playing it twice.

Ryder

Haha, I win! Pay up!

You get 3 imaginary curry chicken cookies! And you deserve them, lmao ;p

News Comments > Independence Day Metaverse
4. Re: Tour de doping Jul 4, 2018, 19:00 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 17:22:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 16:41:
Why would I want to watch it?
To watch doped up dutchman pound bicycles uphill, of course.

Of course, why did I not think of this myself!

17. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 4, 2018, 16:44 eRe4s3r

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 09:11:
Bioware was releasing mediocre games for quite a while before Mass Effect Andromeda was released.

Could that have maybe had an effect on its sales? Who's to say, speaking for myself I didn't buy it and Im not buying another Bioware game unless it's the bees knees.

But the mass Effect trilogy was the bees knees, nothing made by anyone even comes close (well, with ending mod). It was one of the first RPG's after Gothic 2 and Witcher 3 /Baldurs Gate and Torment, where you had real pay off at the end, where you learned to hate or love characters properly. Compare that to Mass Effect Andromeda where I bet you can't even NAME one character even after playing it twice. Like I honestly can't even remember what the big bad guy was called...

It's why I will always say that Andromeda had the worst writing of any Bioware game, like so fundamentally worse that it transcended from story writing to random noise.

News Comments > Independence Day Metaverse
2. Tour de doping Jul 4, 2018, 16:41 eRe4s3r

Why would I want to watch it?  

13. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 3, 2018, 19:37 eRe4s3r

After Nier:Automata especially it just showed how pitiful the writing for Mass Effect Andromeda was. Here you have 1 game with a tiny budget breaking new grounds in how we might think about live and death, AI and what it means to be alive.. and then you have another game with butt ugly characters and no story to speak of aside from a bad guy who does bad things for LITERALLY no reason. As in, his stated reason is in DIRECT opposition to what he is doing.

Gotta admit though Nier released 17th March 2017, Andromeda released 21st March 2017

There is the tiny problem that literally every big game on every platform releasing was just FLAT OUT a better game than Andromeda, and that's what sunk it. The animations? No, not really, they were wonky as fuck but whatever, the story brought it down totally though. That and the god awful writing.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Why Is There a ‘Gaming Disorder’ But No ‘Smartphone Disorder Jul 3, 2018, 13:03 eRe4s3r

Simon Says wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 11:45:
Or no TV disorder... Before that, radio disorder, before that journal disorder, book disorder, etc...

Because gamers have no lobby, phone manufacturers do. Really simple

News Comments > Battlefield V Squads Stream Today
13. Re: Battlefield V Squads Stream Today Jul 3, 2018, 07:47 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 18:00:
I killed Shroud once, Lirik once, Dr Disrespect 3 times, and Ninja 5 times.

None of them killed me once.

I have video evidence. A bunch of Ninja's followers stormed my channel, apparently after the 4th and 5th time I made him rage and he was calling out my name. Can't wait to get for his stream to end so I can watch that replay over and over a few hundred times ^_^

Oh and I wasn't stream sniping, I saw that they were on conquest servers and tried a few to see if I could get on the same server, but then I closed the feeds, I'm not a douchebag.

Gotta admit that gave me a chuckle Good job. The real question is who won the round though

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 3, 2018, 07:41 eRe4s3r

For those 360° vids you have to pay.. and on my end I get non-stop buffering issues ,)  

News Comments > Battlefield V Squads Stream Today
4. Re: Battlefield V Squads Stream Today Jul 2, 2018, 13:36 eRe4s3r

Timmeh wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 12:15:
I wonder if this one will end up being a huge flop.

I used to love playing battlefield games.. but... the way BF1 was handled with the game, support, DLC's etc... im kind of over it.

maybe I'm just getting old.

Nah I feel the same, after BF1 I stopped caring about Battlefield altogether. Skipped Hardline, skipped all expansions for BF1 and skip BF5 wholesale. Dice has lost me as a customer who owned literally every battlefield game prior to BF1 (aside from Hardline). BF1 has not a SINGLE MAP I LIKE so why should I even bother with BF5?

Don't really care if it flops or not though. Dice isn't the Dice that made BF4

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: Fans Are Remaking LOTR: The Battle for Middle-earth Using Unreal Engine 4 Jun 30, 2018, 17:25 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 12:40:
I have both games on disc around here somewhere... Anyway the first was way too basic and limited, but the second one was a solid and engaging fantasy RTS made cooler by the LOTR wrapper. I can't imagine this ever being allowed to be completed, and I highly doubt any publisher, much less Warner Bros, would be the least bit interested in putting resources into an RTS.

EDIT: Found them! Says they are EA games.

The license is now held by WB though, EA only held it till 2009. It's an interesting question who actually feels responsible here, because I don't think WB even cares about the game license. Sure haven't done anything with it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2018, 05:44 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 11:04:
Quboid wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 19:07:
I think VAR has helped make matches fairer. There have still been questionable decisions but there have been some important corrections.

FIFA have released their analysis of VAR in the group stage. 95% of decisions were correct before VAR reviews, 99.3% correct after.

It's always the outliers we humans notice ,) 99.3% is good enough, but it doesn't mean the refereeing was "fair". The real question would be how many actual fouls had not been called and how many 100% cards were not given.

In the end it's just another factor, but until an AI decides it will vary per referee, and that is unfair if it plays in a "fairplay" rating. Or if teams intentionally play totally passive because they aim for no cards/injuries. (Denmark vs France, Japan vs Poland)

Oh well, today KO games start where the decisions (right or wrong..) will be FAR more game deciding

News Comments > Battlefield V Gameplay Video
8. Re: Battlefield V Gameplay Video Jun 29, 2018, 15:02 eRe4s3r

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 13:38:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 13:00:
Watched Shroud play this yesterday.
His first map playing he cracks off something like 30 sniper quickscope headshots and ended up going like 48-8 at #1 by almost 10,000 points.
The man is an FPS god, doesn't even matter what the game is.
I played Ratz: Instagib with him some months back, it's roughly equivalent to the various Q3 instagib mods I played for years. He destroyed the whole server, some of which who were clearly old instagib pros. It's nuts.

I came here to post virtually exactly the same thing. Shroud fuckin owns. His first game of BFV ever and he destroys it. With that said, I did notice the distinct lack of absolutely any teamplay in the two or three games I watched him play of BFV. Not from him in particular, since he even went out of his way to pick up fallen allies, but from most of the people he played with.

Pretty sure quick scoping is gonna be nerfed, if they leave it in like this nobody is gonna play weapons that only do 18 damage per hit

News Comments > The Crew 2 Launches
9. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 14:37 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 11:31:
We are not the target demographic.

For most games we aren't. But yeah, few are as blatant as this one.

News Comments > The Crew 2 Launches
8. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 14:35 eRe4s3r

sauron wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 11:33:
Creston wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 10:38:
- Worse map than before
- Still overly arcadey physics
- Even worse rubber banding.

Welp, there goes my interest.

GTA Online has this stuff figured out, so why doesn’t an online-focused driving game that costs $60? Ubisoft says a December update will add PvP, but it’s bewildering that they didn’t launch the game with such basic multiplayer functionality.

DECEMBER! It's fucking JUNE, Ubisoft! "Hey, don't worry, we'll sort of make this into an actual game in six months or so."

Fuck these assholes.

ANother Ubisoft game (The Division) opens on one of my systems as a background process, and I can't play it. Other folks are having a similar problem. Ubi post-sales support have not been great, and it's clear their testing QA is awful.

I won't be buying any more of their games, period.

Actually had a 5 day spanning spat with Ubi Support over this issue in The Crew, their answer? Buy the expansion or bust. Same for the Division (I got both games for "free" from that free.. thing.. they had)

I will buy a Ubisoft game, only 1 (Anno 1800) but yeah...

News Comments > Evening Patches
5. Re: Evening Patches Jun 29, 2018, 05:13 eRe4s3r

After The Expanse these shield heavy pew-pew space games interest me less and less.... nothing in this game feels like it's in space with actual weapons and armor, over-designed and in teh same way badly designed (for military purposes) ships with frontal cockpits are just the peak of absurdity and I count Star Wars in that too, badly designed ships doth not make interesting space epic. (not to mention that every single ship in Star Citizen has the interior wrongly aligned (should be aligned to the trust vector (ie a skyscraper from the engine up). It's things like these that make me less and less "hyped" (however little of that is left after this long). And yeah, even if they had fake gravity the wrongly aligned interior means all trust is applied sideways. It's just.. unrealistic. And I don't mean as in "doesn't exist right now" but in the sense that anyone with half a brain can tell these ships could never ever work.

I think Star Citizen more than any game ever made will be past the zeitgeist (at least my own) when it ever actually releases anything of SQ42.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 17:05 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 13:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 13:35:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 06:42:
I'm routing for good matches with solid refereeing.

Good luck finding those Video proof didn't really add all that much fairness to the refereeing which surprised no one that watched recent Bundesliga matches They need to figure out a way for this to not be so time consuming and intrusive... or give the job to an AI.
Dude, you need to lower your expectations. I watched a dozen matches and only once did I see a delay which I thought was unreasonable. All the others were nice and quick. You want to see some long delays due to video replay? Try watching some NBA or NFL games. As for the results, from the matches I saw it seemed to work pretty well. There were one or two "it could be called either way" things, but that's always going to be happening -- video reviews or not.

I just think video proof should be used equally, not vary per referee, that makes it unfair to other teams who may have a less picky referee. As we have seen in a few matches already that were decided by a single penalty goal given after video proof.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 13:35 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 06:42:
I'm routing for good matches with solid refereeing.

Good luck finding those Video proof didn't really add all that much fairness to the refereeing which surprised no one that watched recent Bundesliga matches They need to figure out a way for this to not be so time consuming and intrusive... or give the job to an AI.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2018, 13:25 eRe4s3r

Technopagan daughter starting a stink against Elon Musk over a farting unicorn that her daddy stole* from the internet, cries technopagan tears for being blocked. hahahaaaa Best story of the day.

Also learned new word, technopagan, and because I am an prickly "old" white dude it's of course meant as an insult.

Can't imagine the shitstorm the poor dad now receives though, I mean if he really sues he's gonna have to proof first creation of that thing, and that's gonna be a laugh, and 4chan might even have a word to say here.

*MLP fan art has this meme for as long as I can think. Originally came from Japan no?

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2018, 13:38.

News Comments > New Steam Login Tracking Tools
1. Re: New Steam Login Tracking Tools Jun 28, 2018, 12:02 eRe4s3r

That IP location thing from the first link tracking login history.. is complete and utter bullshit, aka, 100% wrong in every instance for me Doesn't even get the city right once. 70% of the logins are not even in the same state as I am, and that's all my logins from the same PC. That's amazingly bad  

12715 Comments. 636 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo