Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11867 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: Crypto Miner Nov 18, 2017, 15:59 eRe4s3r

Dacote wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 11:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 21:28:
Beamer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 07:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 16:16:
Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 16:14:
372% CPU.

;p

Add these 2 filters to your uBlock Origin or Adblock custom rule thing

https://crypto-loot.com
https://crypto-loot.com/lib/miner.min.js

You gotta block them as they come btw, wide range block would be defeated by other domain or script name....

With filter 27 load attempts for this miner are detected by uBlock Origin.. ;p

That was my work mac. I need to see ads at work, so no blocking.
At home, I already block all javascript.

At work you don't have a malware filterlist ? Sounds to me your company *wants* to be hacked
If Beamer works in advertising (or similar web based areas) he needs to be able to see ads.
Malware blocking is a totally different thing.

Nah, in uBlock Origin you can toggle which filter list you want, malware or ads, or both. Malware blocks most crypto miners that are inline js scripts. Custom filters can extend that.

So it isn't really a totally different thing Functionality wise you can even get away just with malwarebytes... though you don't have much control and a warning doesn't mean it was blocked.

I mean, unless his firewall runs a proper IT'd firewall with own filters... if he uses home hardware at work then I would never connect to a network without at the very least MSVP hostlists in the set.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Nov 18, 2017, 02:44 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 02:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 23:03:
This is the only good use for military equipment, at least nobody got hurt in the process.

A bunch of 10-year-olds got hurt, laughing so hard they fell over and hit their heads.

Haha

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Nov 17, 2017, 23:03 eRe4s3r

This is the only good use for military equipment, at least nobody got hurt in the process.  

News Comments > Titan Quest Ragnarök Released
12. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 21:47 eRe4s3r

Whenever I see this game in my steam library (all 3 versions of it for some absurd reason) I remember I own Grim Dawn, then I start them both up and remember why I hated Grim Dawn and Titan Quest... Mind you, I actually played Grim Dawn with the "update" only to discover that it's still as meh as usual, I got a level 50 char by the way. That's the furthest I could stomach the game. The loot system still sucks ;( and at 1440p I have to squint to even see my inventory, good to see we live in the year 2017 there!

And I hate Titan Quest as much as Grim Dawn because it's exactly as boring and functionality broken (with bad itemization) that I actually want to reinstall Diablo 3 now...... still haven't installed battle.net since my OS switcheroo....

It's hard to describe what exactly it is, but that 2 different games could entice the same emotion from me is a really bad sign. I won't be buying any expansions for either game obviously, for that I have to actually enjoy playing the dang game first ~.~

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 17, 2017, 21:31 eRe4s3r

Yeah, being glad you aren't as bad as EA isn't exactly making ye look good  

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: Crypto Miner Nov 17, 2017, 21:28 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 07:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 16:16:
372% CPU.

;p

You gotta block them as they come btw, wide range block would be defeated by other domain or script name....

That was my work mac. I need to see ads at work, so no blocking.
At home, I already block all javascript.

At work you don't have a malware filterlist ? Sounds to me your company *wants* to be hacked

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 17, 2017, 21:22 eRe4s3r

Krazr, what a hive of fucking greed ridden scumbaggery. Owned by Mohamed Multhazim Akbar Ali from a quick google-fu.

I say find his 18 brands and pwn them.....

Btw, he even admits to this business model
"We find products that sell well and order quality goods from different countries and sell them on Amazon," he wrote. He said that his company sells "the goods to multiple online retailers who resell them."

Translation. They take a product made in China, go to the factory and order the same product and then sell it for X less. Classic scalping. Highly illegal in the EU at least but hard to actually fight. Only solution would be to get the dude personally and that would require a major lawsuit and process.

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2017, 20:36 eRe4s3r

Dacote wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 19:40:
IgWannA wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 14:15:
Eccentric wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 10:27:
Anyone else get a BitcoinMiner exploit blocked (hopefully) by your AV when you go to the SW:BF2 gameplay article?

Wow yeah, CPU at 100%. Neither BitDefender nor AdBlock detected anything though... What AV do you use?
Ublock Origin silently blocked it w/out adding anything. By blocked I mean I did not see an increase in cpu usage.
When I disabled U-block and reloaded the page Malwarebytes came into play and blocked crypto-loot.com

Likely it was blocked by something on your end that was not uBlock Origin, I tested with *only* uBlock Origin (latest filter lists and version) and no AV and it ran the miner without any info. Either way, good to know that malware bytes detected it, but what we really need is noscript back.

Well, actually it could also be you have some filter list active that I don't have active... ;p

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: Crypto Miner Nov 16, 2017, 16:16 eRe4s3r

372% CPU.

;p

News Comments > etc.
10. Crypto Miner Nov 16, 2017, 16:01 eRe4s3r

IgWannA wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 14:15:
Anyone else get a BitcoinMiner exploit blocked (hopefully) by your AV when you go to the SW:BF2 gameplay article?

Wow yeah, CPU at 100%. Neither BitDefender nor AdBlock detected anything though... What AV do you use?

The culprit is this, and it's loaded on page-load as one of the first things, site has a crypto-miner via JS integrated. Super scammy and Blues should blacklist the site for eternity imo.

The miner in question appears as one of the first loaded JS scripts

Don't click on that obviously. Seriously, do NOT click on the JS script, it will run

Interestingly, not even uBlock Origin detected this, NoScript would block it but yeah, I have a simple JS disable button currently that does block it too...

If you got heuristic AV this post here should already trigger a warning btw... if you got IT skills, this post here should entice you to dig deeper with JS disabled.

Interestingly, it doesn't even get filtered with a custom filter..

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2017, 16:13.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 16, 2017, 15:50 eRe4s3r

I won't lie, I just clicked that reddit AMA for the digital popcorn... also lots of salt was thrown around in there

Much as I hate EA, I can not fault Slick for liking the game. It's not a BAD shooter, it's just.. not a great shooter and on top of that, it's hampered by hugely shit progression and by EA being a greedy crotchgoblin as usual.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Backer Closed Beta Launches
3. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Backer Closed Beta Launches Nov 16, 2017, 00:01 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 21:52:
I really don't know what you want in a CRPG, seems like they all disappointed you.

No idea about Cutter, but for me personally (backer of PoE) I absolutely hated the verbose book-like text boxes. They regressed 50 steps backwards from BG2 with that...

In BG2 there is not a single dialog that doesn't have a reason for being there, in PoE you are upfronted with so much text by any character that it is nigh impossible to pick out what is important and what is just filler, and when you do take the time to read stuff, you notice 90% of it is not even relevant to the ACTUAL GAME or the STORY you are playing there. And more importantly, I just do not care about any companion in PoE ;( After starting a replay session I opted for replacing them all with adventurers, at least for them I can pick out my own story and stats and role play them and suddenly I care about them.. heh.

I have yet to play the 2 expansions and I plan on doing that now before Deadfire releases, but by the gods I hope they reduced the book feeling in the sequel....

Ps.: Also I absolutely hate that nearly any character is a text dump. You have to explore the dialog options to see whether they trigger quests, but often they don't and you just learned lore about a place you never get to visit ~.~

News Comments > Surviving Mars Resource Trailer
2. Re: Surviving Mars Resource Trailer Nov 15, 2017, 17:36 eRe4s3r

Too bad it's not really Mars, and not realistic... because a realistic Mars colonization sim might be interesting... with factions emerging, worker rights, robotic developments, AI, creating first trade-routes between bases, radiation protection, orbital base for easier trade etc.

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2017, 13:43 eRe4s3r

MattyC wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 05:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 01:07:
That FCC story is pretty dismal...

Also firefox really is faster, also uses 30% more ram.. nearly on par with Chrome now.. sigh.

Seems quite snappy to me, and I haven't noticed any major changes in RAM usage. I am pretty happy with it. If this update didn't show real progress I was going to just stick with Chromium. They seem to have delivered on 57 though.

Yeah they delivered, I noticed a substantial increase in ram usage when I got 2 youtube tabs open but it remains snappy and fast even then (before, 1 youtube page on autoplay could impact other tabs...)

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Nov 15, 2017, 13:42 eRe4s3r

Pepe wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 12:25:

I did not, I did see my fps in wow drop to almost single digits when I went on that site and got the hell out.

Wha... holy crap disabling javascript before going there was a good idea then,

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2017, 01:07 eRe4s3r

That FCC story is pretty dismal...

Also firefox really is faster, also uses 30% more ram.. nearly on par with Chrome now.. sigh.

News Comments > StarCraft II Free-to-Play Launch
2. Re: StarCraft II Free-to-Play Launch Nov 15, 2017, 00:55 eRe4s3r

Shock wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 22:00:
But now, since I own Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm, the only option for getting last campaign is to bu the whole thing, costing me more than it would have yesterday.

To be fair, if you still want the 3rd campaign you can buy it on keysites for around 20$ bit odd that blizzard is basically giving them the whole market for the 3rd expansion but whatever. Battlechest 2.0 30$ from a quick look... b.net is always more expensive, it's the "you buy on their site" premium

The blizzard store removed all campaign listings though.... all you can now buy is the campaign collection, for 40$ .. hehe

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Nov 15, 2017, 00:37 eRe4s3r

As a European my standard MO when hearing "official" gov sources claim anything is mistrust and disbelief anyway.... when Russia says "It was not us" then it was usually Russia, and when it says "it was us" then it was probably someone they had no control over but secretly supported.

Mind you, this applies to any party in an armed conflict.... truth is the first casualty of conflict.

News Comments > A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Announced
1. Re: A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Announced Nov 14, 2017, 21:59 eRe4s3r

Before you get all hyped, note the "saga"
Sea battles are in
Atilla engine spin-off
Won't be full price
Stand-alone....

Also means, Atilla engine AI .. so yay

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
22. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 13:55 eRe4s3r

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 13:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 13:00:
You get the credits needed to unlock Iden, but you don't have any left for his abilities which you can only find in chests... so you can play Iden with (literally) no abilities or you can buy chests and get abilities for heroes you might not ever actually unlock.

I think beating up corporate greed is always OK, but in this case it's a really shitty move by EA to pad progression, they should give Iden with all abilities unlockable through in-game actions.. but no...

Ps.: Firefox spellcheck does not know the word "unlockable" ;p

This can't be true can it? Is it seriously that retarded?

It is, to get abilities for the ability slots (3 of them per hero) you need to find them in chests. Then you get common abilities usually, and you need to upgrade them with scrap (also tied to global rank and hero rank)

So we are clear, completing the campaign gives you a loot box with credits, nothing more. And heroes unlock ability slots not by you playing them, but by the amount of boosters cards you have for them. Freshly unlocked Iden has either 1 or none slots (I kinda forgot it at this point ,p) either way, you don't get a fully unlocked skill selection for a hero when you unlock em.

11867 Comments. 594 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo