Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12461 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
10. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 15, 2018, 00:46 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 20:58:
We used to have elevators that were human controlled. Now they are all automatic. We don't even think about it. We throw our hands in front of a closing door and expect the elevator to respond accordingly. So to it will be with cars, although not right away of course. It will take a few decades to perfect the software and hardware.

But is it ethical to Q&A your autonomous cars in real traffic where real people die? Apparently that discussion hasn't even happened yet in the USA, but maybe it should. Why aren't these cars driving on simulated areas where all possible situations are recreated in safety?

I know why of course, because it costs money...

Well, we'll get autonomous cars, trains, ships and planes soon enough. But yeah, 20 to 30 years sounds about right. That's how long it took for elevators...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Shenmue I and II Announced
4. Re: PC Shenmue I and II Announced Apr 15, 2018, 00:18 eRe4s3r

I'd rather have the 2 Yakuza games....  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 14, 2018, 19:34 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 14:47:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 13:30:
Now Uber will be jealous.
Fully autonomous vehicles are finally here, what could possibly go wrong.
Eventually, almost nothing will go wrong. In the short term, we'll probably see some deaths.

And if they were responsible they would test this technology until the AI is actually there. Currently it isn't. These cars all run on semi-autonomous scripts, that's like driving in a game with AutoHotkey scripts only.

Probably possible, but even if even 1 unexpected thing appears it's a catastrophic shitstorm that's looming

News Comments > New BioShock Rumored
3. Re: New BioShock Rumored Apr 13, 2018, 22:05 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 21:04:
Well they managed to ruin one game that should have been easy. I suppose they can ruin a new Bioshock game just as easily too.

2 words

Publisher Interference

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 13, 2018, 21:01 eRe4s3r

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 15:49:
Cutter wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 11:51:
Clearly they need tougher legislation for phones in cars. Start treating it the same as drunk driving and it'll plummet. Arrest people, impound vehicles, take their licenses away and it'll stop - mostly.

That road design doesn't seem very good to me.

Yeah, because nobody drives drunk anymore.

Then illegalize Alcohol.. oh wait...

News Comments > New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced
29. Re: New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced Apr 13, 2018, 18:55 eRe4s3r

What the hell is AMD SenseMI you ask?

AMD's SenseMI technology is a set of learning and adapting features that help the AMD Ryzen™ processor customize its performance to you and your applications, thanks to true machine intelligence (MI).

So... my CPU spies on me?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2018, 20:28 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 20:02:
Pretty sure he was commenting on the tenth digit being "ou" instead of zero. Which I agree was weird. Even odder is this could be potentially confusing since initially phone number included letters. So you would have thought they would have been careful to differentiate the two...

That makes a lot more sense

And it's not just confusing, the word it relates to, "nought" hadn't be used commonly for "zero" for nearly 900 years when this film was made.

I wonder if that is even correct english. Because in the context here it's CLEARLY not "nought", it's a zero, a part of the numeric dial system, not the absence of something or anything.

Ps.: Yes, I googled the word history back to the original source of Old English and Arab numbers. Interesting read.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 1M
12. Re: SOS Early Access Apr 12, 2018, 18:22 eRe4s3r

Angrius Maximis wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 16:42:
And the game's community is as toxic as ever! Enjoy!

I only read the reddit, but holy shit compared to that Bluesnews is a haven of serenity.

Ps.: The games uses EAC? Oh boy, I can imagine how the forums on steam look. ^^

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2018, 18:52.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2018, 17:58 eRe4s3r

Capella wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 15:46:
Yea that video was a hoot. I love the comments. Did zero not exist back in those days?

Literally DIALING did not exist before this, you connected to an operator before. And had to know you had to wait for the connection tone before dialing (This was what operators did before they moved that up the to the user end) and Operators were basically "manual switches"

And yes, that sounds as funky as it was.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2018, 17:45 eRe4s3r

Funny, to me it's completely irrelevant whether it's night or day... I can work day or night, and did so, no problems, no sleep problems. I am actually MORE happy when it's dark and cool outside. Best time for me is.. around 3AM , when nature starts to awake I take a walk around the housing complex and it sounds like you are a in frigging jungle. Nothing like this can compare daily, and once sun is up you got PEOPLE noises, and I hate people

Also I guess I have a 110% risk of death. I am elated! I wasn't sure whether I would actually die or not.

News Comments > Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes
35. Re: Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes Apr 12, 2018, 06:18 eRe4s3r

diesoften wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 02:58:
Is no one else thinking the obvious that if they went after Facebook then Steam wouldn't be that far behind?

So Steam is getting it's act in order?

Ehm, that's a pretty obvious thing to think, don't you think?

If with they you mean the EU, and with "after" you mean a law that was in the works for nearly a decade now.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Warmind Expansion Next Month
6. Re: Destiny 2 Warmind Expansion Next Month Apr 12, 2018, 06:16 eRe4s3r

Numinar wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 03:50:
I am a notorious Bungie apologist but I haven't seen anything yet to make me want to get the PC version and the DLC. Not while there are so many other games I want to play. Hopefully when they release their year 1 collection with a nice chunky expansion I'll get to do all this content.

Got over 100 hours on the PS4. I'm sure it's even more fun at 1400/60fps or whatever I end up running it at but it can wait. At least until a new Raid!

Vermintide 2 is super impressive. I hope the Bungie peeps are playing it. It's just 13 strike-equivalents with some good randomisation, distinct difficulty levels and appropriate rewards and some good optional push-your-luck for better loot roll mechanics. If Destiny strikes were like that it would be amazing. it makes the trash and boss encounters exciting in a way Destiny isn't anymore.

Man I would so love playing Vermintide 2.. but unless the bots are super awesome I probably won't. And reading the reddit the player base is as usual toxic as fuck....

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: ... Apr 11, 2018, 22:44 eRe4s3r

JeffD wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 23:10:
As much as playing red dead in HD appeals to me, microsoft's practices sicken me more.

Ok, but they should sicken you for at least 2 decades now....

News Comments > Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes
27. Re: Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes Apr 11, 2018, 17:22 eRe4s3r

So it takes the threat of 500k € fines per violation for Steam to fix a tiny bit of their store? Maybe we should extend this law then to other areas, like fixing their god awful steam application to use 64bit finally? Or maybe a up-to-date Chromium implementation? Or maybe a better filter possibility for new releases, and some oversight over all the crap that is added?

By the way, you could already hide your profile and lists by setting your profile to private. Now it's default hidden, not really a big change although obviously a problem for steamspy (not steamDB, steamDB crawls internal dev API, not user API). Since I want to show what I play I will never hide my library anyhow. You can point and laugh at me for playing Nekopara or Littlewitch all you want, in the end it's just you that looks prude and uninformed (No p0rn in steam versions....) ;p

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 10, 2018, 22:16 eRe4s3r

SirKnight wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 21:10:
There's actually xbox 360 and PS3 emulators in development. The PS3 one is actually coming along pretty well believe it or not.

One of these days, RDR will be playable on the PC through this method. Sucks that R* can't just do it right though because the game is amazing and would make mad cash.

Last of Us and RDR as well as the original NIER games.... I am waiting for that PS3 emulator for quite a while now, and it seems they are getting there.

Maybe by then we'll have cheaper CPU's too ;p

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 10, 2018, 18:11 eRe4s3r

Wouldn't the security issue lay with netflix here? Seems to me they allow duplicated emails to be used for different accounts. So ehm, why exactly is that?  

News Comments > Worlds Adrift Floats Out Next Month
3. Re: Worlds Adrift Floats Out Next Month Apr 10, 2018, 15:09 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 13:50:
TorchMaster wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 11:24:
Sounds like 'Developers Adrift' if they relied on community feedback to completely shift their game. I would never expect to receive quality results from something built by committee -- and certainly not from a committee of MMO players.

I'll have to report you for anti-party sentiment, comrade!

The party hears all and sees all, it does not need your report, comrade!

News Comments > Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights
11. Re: Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights Apr 9, 2018, 23:53 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 20:14:
These poor guys. Always a day late and a dollar short.

I am not liking that aesthetic. No one is nostalgic for the 80s, so if you're going to use that setting, you'd better do a fantastic job, a la Stranger Things.

There are also 2 different types of nostalgia, and Stranger Things has very little to do with the 80ies aside from aesthetics Speech and behavior are modern. It's the best of 2 worlds imo. Kids in the 80ies talking like kids from the 80ies would have been completely alien to a modern audience.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 9, 2018, 22:31 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 21:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 20:57:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 20:22:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 18:37:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 13:10:
Bitcoin sheds $400 in early U.S. trade.

So maybe graphics cards will shed $400 too now?

GPU's aren't used to mine bitcoins anymore. That's all on ASICs now.
That must be why the store shelves are full and on-line vendors show all models in stock with deep discounts. /s
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-store/

They are used to mine other crypto coins.... price of Bitcoin has no relevance to price of GPU's.
Bitcoin is used as a catchall for crypto mining. No one gives a rats ass what the current flavor of the week is, it's just that you can't buy a card at OEM prices because of bitcoin.

So you think the above news talks about all crypto currencies shedding 400$ "value" ?

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Free with Pillars of Eternity II Preorders
6. Re: Wasteland 2 Free with Pillars of Eternity II Preorders Apr 9, 2018, 22:19 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 21:49:
Not the best choice for a give away, anybody who is interested in PoEt 2 probably already has Wasteland 2 by now.

Aside from that, you guys are naysaying pretty hard, Pillars 2 launch will be playable, just like the first game was. Buggy, probably, but finishable for sure. Then I'll replay after 4-5 months worth of patches, then probably again when DLCs start coming out.

Basically just like Pillars 1 for me.

PoEt 2 will most likely be less buggy than the first game; they've got all the engine issues resolved, they are familiar with all the tools... I'm expecting a few text errors, maybe a broken side quest, but finishable day 1, version 1.0. Balance wise, I'm sure some stuff will be overpowered, but it's a single player game, it won't really be an issue for most people's first playthrough if they do overhauls like 8 months later.

eRe4s3r, where are you reading a concrete number for the DLCs? I thought even Obsidian hadn't decided yet, aside from the one DLC from the Fig funding thing.

On the official store page on gog for obsidian edition they talk about 3 DLC's

Specifically here
https://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_obsidian_edition

Dunno wtf is up today, but GoG nearly crapped out loading half a dozen times before that opened.

DLC Content Packs #1-3: Robust content expansions to the base game that will add new areas, new experiences, new items, and expand the world of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. (post-launch content, a $30 value)

And please remember, I played PoE 1 beta and release, I suffered (And helped fix) the savegame bug among with a few others in the forum after Obsidian ignoring us for nearly 4 days, fully with reverse indexing the entire savegame to show Obsidian where they fucked up, and no, it was not "finishable" for everyone until they hotfixed that issue. Your savegames could have become corrupt by act 3 or increase so much in size that each new area load (and save) took minutes. We are talking 2+ minutes. On a SSD

Sorry, but for me Obsidian is one of these "Good when patched" developers and I will not even touch this until all 3 DLC's are out I learned my lesson hard with White March part 1 and part 2 mess where you could get locked out of the next DLC if you if you had Part 1 and finished the game, and your only remaining saves were in the last acts....

12461 Comments. 624 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo