Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11205 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed May 30, 2017, 11:43 eRe4s3r

Op ED - Is Polygon harming your sanity?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Intel CPU Announcements
5. Re: New Intel CPU Announcements May 30, 2017, 10:21 eRe4s3r

Benchmarks or bust, though that I7X with 15% better IPC and 6 or 8 cores sounds like a superb option. If you look at Ryzen 1800X then I wonder what AMD can even do here to compete if Intel priced the I7X competitively a few $ below the 1800 and 1600 respectively.

And such a CPU would probably last you a decade the way CPU performance is going lately. But all that said, next Intel CPU (coffee lake?) is coming soonish too. Maybe one ought to wait for that one, it is gonna run on the same platform.

News Comments > Memorial Day Legal Briefs
9. Re: Memorial Day Legal Briefs May 30, 2017, 06:47 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on May 29, 2017, 21:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 29, 2017, 19:45:
I guess that's what happens when you make an emission law that is based on laboratory tests instead of real life measurements on the street..... Guess also happened because lobbying massacred the wording of the laws EU wide.
If the manufacturers broke the law it would have nothing to do with whether the tests were laboratory based or real-life.

But if auto makers found a loophole in the regs that would be a different story.

Yeah, the law says "cars have to meet testing cycle BLA BLA specs" , and the lobby created the testing cycle. This is also why you see no law consequences in Europe, the entire emission law was simply borked from the get go. The funny thing is a device that specifically shuts down filtering when not in that cycle is illegal, but you know what isn't illegal? When you shut down filtering to "protect the motor"

As if the motor suddenly broke down because you injected a bit more adblue and more regularly at that... oh well ;/

The thing that french mag tested (emissions on the street) isn't actually defined properly.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. May 29, 2017, 19:50 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on May 29, 2017, 14:01:
I tried to get the Diablo 2 mod "eastern sun" working for like 8 hours. Bought legit game, didn't work. Tried all combinations of "alternative" versions, didn't work. I just gave up with D2 mods. I can play vanilla D2 no problem.

If you wanna play Median XL 2017 you need to get their "launcher", seriously, just do it and safe yourself tons of hassle. It handles all the nonsense and fixed my modding issues. For some reason even when I had correct version and everything set up right, Median XL refused to launch. Launcher makes it smooth and painless, already lvl 37 (Scythe Necromancer with tons of non-corpse based summons, this is how the Necro should have been) ;p

Modding Diablo 2 is dependent on the version you have updated to btw, most mods are for 1.10, 1.12 or 1.13 (which of course, is a bit shit, since 1.14 is the compatibility update for W10...)

My advise, google -> diablo 2 glide wrapper and play the game in 3dfx mode, yes, it really works, and you can scale the resolution 800x600 up to your screen res (although the pixels will look kinda funny then)

7. Re: Memorial Day Legal Briefs May 29, 2017, 19:45 eRe4s3r

Simon Says wrote on May 29, 2017, 16:37:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 29, 2017, 13:18:
If only it were limited to VW and Fiat, but if the info that flies through hacker community in Germany is true this cheating is done (in slightly different less retarded form) by ALL manufacturers with Diesel engines. Literally, ALL of them.

Not only the hacker community, a recent publication of the Science&Vie French magazine had all the dirt on this and it wasn't only for diesel vehicles if I remember right. All manufacturers were represented, all of them cheating on the test when compared to actual road tests. Some less than others, but all of them were caught cheating.

Heck, they even prove that industries other than car manufacturers also blatantly cheat and/or lie.

Uploaded the whole article of the December 2016 #1191 release to IMGUR if you can read french, but no need to read it when you look at the graphs...

http://imgur.com/a/jUVWw

EDIT: Sorry, stupid IMGUR rotated the pic of the graph -_-

I guess that's what happens when you make an emission law that is based on laboratory tests instead of real life measurements on the street..... Guess also happened because lobbying massacred the wording of the laws EU wide.

Btw, on the hacker congress I mean they debugged the engine code and proved that all engines shut down particle filtering below certain temperatures (of course, they claim to protect the engine) and that happens when temperatures are below 17C to 12C (70% to 50% of the time in Germany) And guess what the testing temperature is never below in laboratory tests. Funny thing that, eh?

So they built engines that don't last in European continental climate zone unless they cheat the emissions... sigh ;( And yes, that temperature shut down actually affects nearly all engines, not just diesel, but mostly turbo and diesel engines obviously.

This entire industry is corrupt and cheating... and no government in the EU seems to be doing anything against it. Pisses me off.

2. Re: Memorial Day Legal Briefs May 29, 2017, 13:18 eRe4s3r

If only it were limited to VW and Fiat, but if the info that flies through hacker community in Germany is true this cheating is done (in slightly different less retarded form) by ALL manufacturers with Diesel engines. Literally, ALL of them.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 28, 2017, 15:41 eRe4s3r

Median XL that is, worth a try ,P  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 28, 2017, 02:56 eRe4s3r

This is one of these things where you think.. wtf did they do codewise (timer wise?) that dmg is fps bound...  

News Comments > EVERSPACE Launches
29. Re: EVERSPACE Launches May 28, 2017, 01:57 eRe4s3r

Acleacius wrote on May 27, 2017, 20:16:
ItBurn wrote on May 27, 2017, 11:29:
Acleacius wrote on May 27, 2017, 06:41:
Yes, I'd rather have open world with actual missions/quests. Sadly, so far no ones been able to get that Elder Scrolls adventure 'wanderlust' yet in space.

Have you played Freelancer? Because that's what you're talking about.
I started it once, about 7 years ago. I got distracted by New Vegas and completely forgot about it. Thought I had it on GOG but doesn't seem available or on Steam. I must have it on disk around here somewhere. Any idea why it hasn't been listed on GOG yet?

Freelancer was abandoned by MS and since they closed the studio and have no standing publishing deals I'd say, download that MF, no money you pay to obtain this would go to anyone in the chain of development of this game anyway.

Though I guess some people would find my stance on abandonware objectionable, imo this is not piracy. And I find it better to do that, than pay some scalpers real money.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2017, 04:37 eRe4s3r

My mind is ready  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 in September
3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 in September May 24, 2017, 23:46 eRe4s3r

Tried the new alpha build for a few hours, and wow.. this is damn near final quality, I (KS backer) am kinda impressed. The game is stunning to look at and combat has become already kinda balanced. Loot system is fun and companion characters are extremely different. And the music is great too ;p  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
56. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 22:46 eRe4s3r

The UK lost track of that balance for quite a while now, sadly. But it baffles the mind, what inhuman animal would target children?  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 23, 2017, 22:45 eRe4s3r

Remember this when you think "oh, biometrics are a great password for payments" ^^  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. May 23, 2017, 05:53 eRe4s3r

The same KSP devs that ran their studio with illegal wage practices, scammed developers and fired team members after work is done with no money?

Well, they will fit right in at Valve ( And yes, it bugs me that dev houses like this one get rewarded, when in reality KSP is 90% mods and modder assets, and 10% game "made" by Squad. If you had seen the original game, before they hired and subsequent scammed a certain modder, the game looked like shit, with meshes and textures that a 7 year old could have made better in paint and blender)

Bah ;/

Also the only team at Squad currently is (CEO, 2 QA people, 2 coders) so who the fuck did Valve even hire? There is no actual Squad developer left aside from 2 coders who were in on the wage scam! Anyone who did any serious work on KSP has left Squad months or even years ago.

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Giveaway
4. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2 Giveaway May 22, 2017, 23:03 eRe4s3r

Is this the game that needs like obscure fixes to even have readable font?  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 22, 2017, 02:27 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on May 21, 2017, 23:34:
World of Warships is pretty fun. Not only does it have fun action, but it also has a deep strategic layer. That being said, it does grind after a while, so I moved on after about 50 or so hours.

It doesn't just grind With tier 6+ repair costs are 10% larger than average credit income for a win without premium....

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 22, 2017, 02:25 eRe4s3r

Avus wrote on May 21, 2017, 14:20:
Retired wrote on May 21, 2017, 12:50:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on May 21, 2017, 12:46:
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS no.1...never would have guessed that..anyway ...gotta get back to PUBG...

Yea it is well deserved. Even as an EA title it is really good. The server connections and lag are upsetting at times, but DUO and GROUPS games don't seem to suffer like SOLO does. The game is a blast. New map coming in a few months.

What do you mean it is an EA title? PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is developed by Blueshole Inc. - a South Korean game developer. It has nothing to do with EA.

EA (early access) FYI (for your information)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2017, 22:50 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on May 21, 2017, 21:51:
Am I the only one who gets annoyed that Science Fiction and Fantasy get lumped together so often? Granted, sometimes there isn't much difference.. Despite having read and enjoyed plenty of Fantasy novels, I just prefer Science Fiction and I find it disappointing they have to compete for the awards.

You are not the only one. I wonder this too ;( I read tons of sci-fi and fantasy, the genres are different enough. And especially because to me, sci-fi and fantasy are both umbrella genres (contained within -> many sub-genres)

But I can see how there can be conceptual confusion. When does something intended a fantasy writing become science-fiction. Does discovery of a space-tech bunker make something science-fiction when it's grounded in elves and dwarfs (or whatever other "magical" stuff)?

Or is it based on the source of the inspiration? I don't really understand that.

For example I have a hard time classifying WH40k as sci-fi.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
38. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 21, 2017, 21:20 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on May 21, 2017, 10:13:
Those things are well thought out, I would add free higher education like what is available in Germany. And much improved health care like the rest of the civilized world.

Yeah, don't believe that. Please not. Our education is not "higher", if you go to Bavaria and learn there, sure, if you are lucky enough to even get allowed into higher education (And yes, Bavaria sorts children out at 9 for primary or secondary education paths) then you will find education quality unbeknowns to public schools outside Europe, but what we have in education we lose due to Agenda 2010.

If you go to school in Hessen you might as well learn how to fill out a welfare form btw.

What jdreyer wrote could work in Germany too, but higher education has nothing to do with our economic "success", no, that's down to immoral cheap labor, Agenda 2010 destroying the entire middle class (it was the reform that implemented essentially slave-labor, timed-workers or rent-workers that have no strike rights) and extremely employer friendly laws to get extremely cheap labor at minimum wage + tons of exceptions for which the minimum wage can be reduced even further (which is 10,27 afaik, in Germany that is barely minimum living standard, with that wage you can survive, but you can't live).

We have an extremely regressive tax system that pushes low income households in high tax brackets (due to inflation) and we have a net reduction of wages from 1990 to 2010 by -23% and no, we did not magically have no inflation, that is the reason Germany has one of the best export economies, we fuck our own workers over so hard that we can economically fuck everyone else twice over. I am not proud of that, but amazingly no political party exists that would fight this.

The sad thing is, currently the zeitgeist is focused on internal security (Amri, what happened new year 2015/16, refugees, and all that) and the party that is fighting for more "fairness" is the party that implemented Agenda 2010 (SPD) I don't even know who to vote for, nothing I'd vote would lead to any change.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 21, 2017, 20:54 eRe4s3r

No, World of Tanks developers are greedy fucks making pay to win garbage and premium tanks that are OP as hell? YOU DON'T SAY.

Next time you tell me water is wet. Like really, can be applied to literally every p2w game.... the only reason for p2w is greed and the design team will always make it the worst possible experience for non-payers. Including rigged match making (World of Tanks has that) and premium tanks that get matched in matches where they have no natural balanced enemy.

11205 Comments. 561 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo