Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9863 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Fable Legends Closed
4. Re: Fable Legends Closed Apr 14, 2016, 12:49 eRe4s3r

Didn't even know this was released...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Soda Drinker Pro
1. Re: Soda Drinker Pro Apr 14, 2016, 12:38 eRe4s3r

What................?  

News Comments > Rockstar North Lawsuit
10. Re: Rockstar North Lawsuit Apr 13, 2016, 03:13 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 17:35:
Cutter wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 16:20:
Wow, I wonder what this is all really about.

Greed.

Seems to be very short sighed from RS north to do this, if the guy really was as pivotal as it sounds...

News Comments > Dark Souls III Released
18. Re: Dark Souls III Released Apr 12, 2016, 19:43 eRe4s3r

Rilcon wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 13:24:
Expect crashes. Many people, myself included, crash whenever they get near a bonfire.

Set light detail to low (according to steam forums)

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Trailer
18. Re: Titanfall 2 Trailer Apr 12, 2016, 09:22 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 08:30:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 00:33:
At least they released all the DLC for free instead of fracturing the playerbase. Still holds up well and is fun.

They couldn't afford to fracture their playerbase.

The thing with Titanfall wasn't the player base though, it was the engine and level design, which was garbage. As mech it feelt more like playing pinball (the level geometry played the bumper elements) when you sped through the levels, and the game had hitscan weapons to boot.

This is really sad, because the mechs were extremely fun to play, the various modules and loadouts were a lot of fun, even though some of them were completely useless against skilled players.

Still, Titanfall... I had a lot of fun playing it, the sound design aside from it's filesize, was really nice, exploding meshes, the emergency eject, the drop in, shots.. everything felt connected. But that connected quickly disappeared as soon as your 70t mech got stuck on a light pole or railing, as soon as you dodged and bumped around like a pinball.

I just hope Titanfall 2 does not use the source engine

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2016, 14:15 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 13:28:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 11:34:
El Pit wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 11:03:
That video of a bear chasing a snowboarder... I hope this is staged. If not - girl, this is your second birthday from now on. Stunned Wow

Fake bear is fake.

I dunno, dude. I'm usually the first to cry fake, but this seems pretty legit. With the snow swirling around and the bear running through it, it'd be a LOT of work to splice that in there.

It's a fake though, 2 videos overlapped and since it's white on white, you can't easily tell. Also the bear sounds are from Farcry 4 or Skyrim, can't quite define it, but one of those 2 games is where I heard these samples before.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2016, 09:08 eRe4s3r

Antibacterial soap... is by far the dumbest product ever invented, considering what soap actually already does.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 10, 2016, 14:45 eRe4s3r

bobbyric wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 14:35:
"Are we part of a computer simulation?" If we're obviously part of a larger whole does it really matter if we are or not?

Haha

Only a badly written computer program could be as fucked up as the real world we see daily though.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2016, 14:38 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 15:35:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 14:27:
Glad to hear the glasses worked out! I do computer work too and though I don't wear glasses once I reached 40 I started cranking up the font size as a work around to declining eyesight.

At 40 everyone needs reading glasses. I can read most stuff fine but things like the print on packaging and such mean I need to put the specs on. It makes you think of how frustrating it's been for so many people over the last several thousand years who needed glasses but they didn't exist.

Several thousand years ago you didn't have to read small print in 8px font though

News Comments > Star Citizen EVA Video
20. Re: Star Citizen EVA Video Apr 9, 2016, 21:11 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 20:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 19:40:
We'll see soon enough If it (SQ42) doesn't release this year I am not gonna be happy though.

Well, then... prepare to be not happy. The odds are the same as successfully navigating an asteroid field and Christ Roberts sure as hell ain't no Han Solo.

It won't happen this year. No chance. They are lagging behind on all fronts. Animations, flight model, proper controls, ships that are required to be finished for S42, FPS gameplay (for S42 FPS missions), engine development, everything.
It will be a miracle of epic proportions if it releases within the next eight months and if it does it won't be pretty because it will be half-assed as fuck, making those horrible UWP games from Microshit look like polished pro releases by comparison.

Even if you may be right and believe me, I am preparing to be not happy, navigating an asteroid field is incredibly easy, in reality you could fly a city the size of New York through one, blind, and never hit anything ^^

(Just thought that was an interesting science fact)

13. Re: Star Citizen EVA Video Apr 9, 2016, 19:40 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 17:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 13:07:
Ehm, they showed the entire intro sequence of SQ42... with the player flying, landing, and walking through the ship for the first mission briefing... anything more would be huge spoilers that nobody wants.

They probably showed the whole game of SQ42 in that sequence, or all that's done

We'll see soon enough If it (SQ42) doesn't release this year I am not gonna be happy though. How long they are actually working on the engine basics with this is one of these things I don't particularly like either.. as this means they have horrible management, or CryEngine turned out to be a total clusterfuck to work with. But that animations are not smooth yet is really bothersome. Animations should all be done and locked already....

6. Re: Star Citizen EVA Video Apr 9, 2016, 13:07 eRe4s3r

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 12:38:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 12:10:
I thought the video was pretty cool.

Yes it does. Looks cool. Very cool. Except, where is the gameplay? Where is a single fucking mission from Sq42? Why show us this useless tech demo shit, in video after video after video. Where is the meat? Where is the substance? If I were to wager a guess, there is none. They are iterating and experimenting and calling it "game development". Newsflash, thats not how any kind of real development is done.

Ehm, they showed the entire intro sequence of SQ42... with the player flying, landing, and walking through the ship for the first mission briefing... anything more would be huge spoilers that nobody wants.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 8, 2016, 17:53 eRe4s3r

saluk wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 17:12:
Both are "out", and for the most part work as well and for the purposes for which they have been said to work.

Shipping delays on both sides mean few outside of the media actually have them yet.

Mostly meant that I have not seen in-depth reviews yet, of the Vive, that is

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 8, 2016, 13:13 eRe4s3r

Is the Vive even out? If so awarness has no real meaning. OR came first, but we'll see what Vive brings to the table, hand tracking would be really neat for... various things. And you gotta pay extra for that with the OR....  

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Issues
10. Re: Quantum Break PC Issues Apr 8, 2016, 12:17 eRe4s3r

I had a laughing attack when he mentioned FPS lock, at 5/6 of your refresh rate, quick math shows me that this would mean that with no vsync setting in existence would you get non jittery gameplay.

Or basically, this engine was coded by retards, same for UWP which is not just coded by retards, but I believe they are intentionally gimping the games made for it so that they never look right on PC no matter your hardware.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 6, 2016, 11:30 eRe4s3r

Powerusers do not use Chromium...  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 6, 2016, 10:15 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 09:38:
also, all reports seem to indicate that the mid-range consumer cards will be on xGDDR5, HBM2 is only for the top end. Also, the brand new super memory isn't going to make things cheaper. 16GB isn't going to be available for $300, that I can tell you right now, I'd honestly be VERY surprised to see the prohibitively expensive HBM2 available in a consumer card for less than $800.

So all in all...

what are you smoking? cause I'd like some.

I am smoking hope with the aroma of tears. Obviously

But competition is gonna lower prices at some point, specifically for the 980TI which I think would be a steal at 500 or 400 ...

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy
60. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 6, 2016, 05:48 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 00:04:
Six months after this shit had finally died, here comes Beamdog. "Hey, lets put it back into a game we're actually selling you for money, that'll REALLY get us millions of fans."

Some people simply like to see the world burn.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 6, 2016, 05:37 eRe4s3r

If the P100 is a sign of things to come then AMD is in deep trouble. Building such a huge DIE with so many enabled cores means they have exceptional yields in 16nm process. This also means that nvidia could compete with lower prices in the mid-range where you still have insane performance boosts due to HBM2 and more efficient cores...

Sigh, if only they'd release consumer versions of ANYTHING..

Ps.: That google story is hilariously sad.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy
24. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 13:02 eRe4s3r

This is what happens when you retcon writing of a cult classic, you step into a minefield, and personally I think this expansion is a travesty undeserving of the Baldurs Gate name. They changed characters existing already, specifically MINSC and Saf.. whatever her name was.

But hey, I think the entire "Enhanced Edition" nonsense is a travesty. Their writing staff is inferior and clearly exhibits some kind of inferior complex in their writing styles... and I can't be arsed to have 2016 hot topics in a game from the 90ies.

If the SJW's want to fuck up games, they can fuck up their own games.

9863 Comments. 494 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo