Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10050 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking
1. Re: Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking Jun 21, 2016, 22:09 eRe4s3r

To be honest I am stuck on a (sub!) 50% win rate currently (48%) and.. that is ok.. my real problem is that in most of the wins I had so far, I never felt like my team was even remotely the same MMR as I was and that either I was contributing majority to a win or nothing at all to a win/loss (basically the enemy team had always the hard counter to my char). (I had rounds where the end screen showed 3 notable stats all of the enemy, instead of 5) even though we *won*

This really sucks because from BF4 I am more used to dominating even when my team is losing, because I am a Division 1 player and that isn't gonna change when I face other division 1 players. The problem is that unlike in BF4, it never feels like I can have a fun match when I am mismatched skill wise. The round times are so absurdly short as well... I miss the 60 minute 10 point over 2000 tickets rounds from BF4 already, and that's after 80 games in Overwatch. In BF4 there are many tactical options to employ and most of the time in a 32 player game you only need 1 squad to turn the tide or at least turn it in a way that a hopeless situation becomes a fun battlefield round.

TL;DR due to how characters balance rock-paper-scissors when I am outclassed by skills AND hard-countered it feels horrible. I had such rounds... they were not fun. I never had a "not fun" round in BF4...

As absurd as that sounds, I want a slower version of OVerwatch, every timer in the game gets quadruppled, skill charge up times increased by 100%, and timers on skills increased 3 fold, so that a match is never decided by 1 lucky ultimate hit (as can happen, and which is NOT fun).. so basically I think the basic balance of this game is designed to lead to stomps, there is too little time on the clock in a match to turn a huge fuck-up.... and that sucks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jun 21, 2016, 18:51 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 13:52:
Pigeon wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 13:13:
...found posts suggesting that Gegury has received death threats over her abilities, and that some pro players quit the game after their accusations against her were proven false.

Death threats and rage quitting, that's how you know you're rockin it.

Also I wonder how many really good men had to prove themselves. Just sayin'

Most men consider it a badge of honor and no doubt so did she. I mean what better for your ego if someone calls you a cheater and sends you rage but you are not cheating...

Btw, in every league ever you have to prove you are not cheating when accusations are levied. Usually done by some 3rd party observing the live gameplay and monitoring the voice com. Except when it hits men it is not news worthy.

News Comments > Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities
15. Re: Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities Jun 21, 2016, 09:30 eRe4s3r

Numinar wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 09:26:
It's an area that needs to be messed with, even if it already worked ok previously just to mix up the visuals a little. Reduce worker micro, make terrain look more varied. Civ Rev, IV and V all visualize city improvements well, but it doesn't stop the rest of the world from looking like cut and paste blandness. (At least the rail and road spam from II has yet to return).

To be fair, from the air, everything in the world does seem to be copy and paste blandness within any given region.

If the maps are of any tangible size there will definitely be railroad (or whatever replaces it) spam.. how else to move stuff with the 1 unit rule without going insane?

7. Re: Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities Jun 21, 2016, 00:59 eRe4s3r

ShakaUVM wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 00:56:
Grids were good enough for my grandpappy, and they're good enough for me.

Grids have mathematical problems with diagonal movement and AI pathing.. which is why nobody uses them anymore ^^

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: HBO apologizes for HBO Now not being available during Game of Thrones Jun 21, 2016, 00:58 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 18:23:
nin wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 18:08:
MajorD wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 17:46:
Last night's GoT episode was pretty damn good, with such a gratifying ending.

Sad Only one more episode left in this season.

I think it was one of the best episodes of the entire series...I was ready to rewatch it the moment it was over.

Fantastic episode...

Really? Apparently I was the only one pissed off at a certain someone running in a damn straight line for like 200 yards while somebody was shooting at him with a bow. Zig zag a little!

Well you should know if you remember season 1 (good luck with that I guess..) that this particular stark child wasn't the brightest bulb under the sun..

5. Re: Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities Jun 21, 2016, 00:54 eRe4s3r

ShakaUVM wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 23:01:
Ugh, they're still keeping that hex crap.

What else you gonna use? Circles? Oval shaped eggs?

News Comments > Different Steam Top 10
22. Re: Different Steam Top 10 Jun 20, 2016, 18:30 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 13:05:
Without knowing anything about it whatsoever, I'll bet dollars to donuts it's an early access multiplayer survival horror game.

Spot on, it's another youtuber bait game

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 20, 2016, 17:10 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 09:50:
Jesus, just scroll down on that KTLA website. Every page you go to links to a dozen more stories of rape and mass-murder. Wtf is going on down there?

More people died from "civilian" shootings in the US than US soldiers died in Vietnam and WW1 combined. That is what is going on there. Remember those were wars. The US suffers from a perpetual civil war, no wonder everyone wants a gun there.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 20, 2016, 05:51 eRe4s3r

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 03:09:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 02:33:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 23:12:
Task wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 20:24:
GOG Top 10

1. Witcher 3 - Expansion Pass
2. Witcher 3 - Blood & Wine
3. Witcher 3
4. Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass
5. Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition
6. Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
7. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
8. Grim Dawn
9. Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete
10. X Rebirth: Home of Light Complete Edition

1 game does not deserve to be on that list.. not ever

You should put an X next to the one that doesn't belong, so we know which one you're talking about.

Well played.

Well played indeed.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection
29. Re: Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection Jun 20, 2016, 04:24 eRe4s3r

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 03:43:
I don't get what the outrage is about. Is it about mods being distributed under someone else's name? Other than the authors' I mean? Seems like much ado about nothing, people who really care about shit like that will make the effort to find out who the mod authors really are, and those who don't will never even bother to look anyway. So yeah 1st world problems of the utmost degree, people should stop caring so much about "Me, Myself and Mine" and maybe just chill out for a bit instead of being so fucking uptight about their internet "rep" and their goddamned vanity.

So how would you feel if I took your work that you invested more than 2000 hours of your free time in and posted it as my own with a link to my own paypal and no mention of your name? (as has happened, hence this entire scandal starting). And how would you feel if I then send every support request, because your work was never made for consoles and breaks saves, to YOU (as has happened)?

Maybe a 1st world problem but a problem nonetheless.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 19, 2016, 23:12 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 20:24:
GOG Top 10

1. Witcher 3 - Expansion Pass
2. Witcher 3 - Blood & Wine
3. Witcher 3
4. Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass
5. Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition
6. Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
7. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
8. Grim Dawn
9. Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete
10. X Rebirth: Home of Light Complete Edition

1 game does not deserve to be on that list.. not ever

22. Re: Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection Jun 19, 2016, 16:03 eRe4s3r

Kajetan wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 15:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 15:40:
When they have the steam-id all they need to do is report account for piracy.
I ask again ... why should Valve do that? And on what legal basis? This is something between Bethesda, the mod author and the uploader. Nowhere is Valve, Valves infrastructure or a misuse of a Steam account on the basis of the Steam GTC involved. Therefore i genuinely ask: How?

Not Valve, Bethesda. They can revoke the key/license to block user from using mods or entirely removing the game from the library. And on what basis? How about violating Fallout 4 EULA? Depending on what is written there, mod piracy is 1:1 game (asset) piracy.

Either way, I wonder if Bethesda would go that far...

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jun 19, 2016, 15:44 eRe4s3r

kinda obvious.. neither XBONE nor PS4 have the perf for 90fps  

20. Re: Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection Jun 19, 2016, 15:40 eRe4s3r

Kajetan wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 15:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 15:33:
Steam?
Why should Valve do this? And on what legal basis?

When they have the steam-id all they need to do is report account for piracy.. or at the very least blacklist that steam-id

17. Re: Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection Jun 19, 2016, 15:33 eRe4s3r

Kajetan wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 15:30:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 13:56:
If the situation continues to get worse, I'd expect punishments ranging from no access to mods to outright bans to happen.
Who will enforce this how?

Steam?

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Details
8. Re: Overwatch Competitive Details Jun 19, 2016, 13:41 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 03:42:
That's not like a rare spot or something. It's beatable. You can throw a zen 50% on it and it melts fast enough that shield breakage won't be so bad.

Zen is a good idea.. didn't try that

10. Re: Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection Jun 19, 2016, 13:39 eRe4s3r

Blackhawk wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 13:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 13:05:

Also nowhere in this news do they say that they implement punishments for mod theft.... so wtf is this news? Placebo?

I'm not sure how they could investigate the claims. Proving ownership would be extremely difficult when the usual hosts aren't associated with Bethesda. It would make it very, very easy to troll with false claims.

Well it's pretty easy to tell who steals and who doesn't http://imgur.com/iE4Su2D

7. Re: Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection Jun 19, 2016, 13:05 eRe4s3r

TheEmissary wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 12:54:
In the long run they are probably going to need a content ID match system that compares the file hashes. They should also have a way to flag if a mod is suitable for release on the console yet. It would also be nice if they had a way to declare the license your releasing the mod under and the sub-license/acknowledgment for the mods your extending.

It can be surmised that no major mod currently in existence is compatible with the PS4 though

Also nowhere in this news do they say that they implement punishments for mod theft.... so wtf is this news? Placebo?

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
25. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 18, 2016, 21:04 eRe4s3r

Dacron wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 14:09:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 13:52:
If true... MS acquisition forthcoming.

The one thing that could kill steam.

Why would Valve EVER sell its main source of infinite income though?

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Details
6. Re: Overwatch Competitive Details Jun 18, 2016, 20:36 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 08:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 22:46:
To be honest first they should change that on some maps ALL approaches to those AI turrets are within 40m, and thus reward you with an unwinnable situation if coupled with a camping bastion

See that's the thing with Overwatch, it's all rock paper scissors. You just need to have a team that understands the situation and adapts to it. Widow, the Ninja brothers, John Marston are great if it's a straight shot at the turret/bastion from distance, otherwise take a Junkrat or Jet pack girl, or Pig boy or Winston if it's hiding around a corner on tucked in a spot. But I've also had some groups that are more about trying new and fun shit and we made a death wall of 2 Reinharts, 2 Dwarf turrets, a lucio and faith which was unbeatable (could have been easily destroyed by 2 or 3 junk rats). Have all your turrets set up side by side, and have the Reinhart use his shield to protect them, as 1 shield goes down have the other use his shield, Lucio for AOE heals and faith to keep the tanks happy=death star.

On http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Numbani Numbani you can put turrets in places on last def point where the foliage blocks visibility from the streets (but not turret LOS) and the 2 alternate approaches enough that you can't do a damn thing as junkrat or widow if a Reinhart blocks the shot and a bastion camps on the same spot and shoots wherever the turret is shooting which kills your fancy shields within 2 seconds. On that particular map there is a overpass blocking the required arc for junkrat and widow can't see through the foliage, and thus all you are (potentially!) seeing is an outline when your ability triggers, which isn't enough to ever get through Reinhard without dying nor to even get more than 1 shot off as Junkrat or Pharo. (And it's not like you have infinite time to try this, due to the way the map is set up you can get stuck facing this with barely 5 minutes on the clock.

As someone who plays MP games 20+ years you can believe there is no counter to that camp spot. Reinhard shield lasted 2 seconds ! when we tried to get there to attack with 2 junkrats, not even enough to see bastion/turret through the foliage. Which blocks visibility so badly that you can't even tell what you are shooting at. POTG was Bastion shooting through foliage (as in, he was not visible to us and didn't see us!)) at the same spot the AI turret pointed... and how would you ever win against AI turrets that can see you through foliage but you can't see them?

Wish this game had replays because I would like to show you the particular situation, I tried all your ideas with full team comp and in each case we died within seconds of getting out of the doors/roads with no clear shot at anything aside from reinhards shield (which was the only thing we could see) maybe there was a counter to that, but sure as hell not findable in 5 minutes in a random game.

Point being, skilled team on Numbani = guaranteed loss as attacker. There is no counter to that. Reflect bullets on DVA lasts barely long enough to get in shooting range of the.. you know.. other 3 enemy team members who don't sit around letting you get infinite potshots at a turret....) and btw, Widow needs 3 fully charged shots to kill a turret, assuming it's not repairing, then you need 4, and in that time the turret has killed 15 times over

TL;DR Numbani (the map) fucking sucks. There are 2 trees in that maps last cap area that should NOT be there.

Btw, I will try to attach a screenshot of the position the enemy bastion + turret was in, reinhard was covering the shots from ground level and enemy roadhog + mei protected the approach behind me

http://imgur.com/HLgU1Kb is the position, notice tree 1
http://imgur.com/JYX1Bma was what I saw in the POTG of Bastion.. you could not see that position from below or the sides... and it covered the ENTIRE area. That tree you can barely see blocks junkrat grenades.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2016, 20:58.

10050 Comments. 503 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo