Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12144 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 11, 2018, 09:12 eRe4s3r

Fujitsu says the palm scan has a false identification rate of 0.00008 percent and an identification failure rate of 0.01 percent

Meaning 1 people in a group of 5000 would have overlapping matching IDs. ^^

And they want to use this for banking? WTF? In 1 million people you'd have 200 collisions. In 100 million 20000 !

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Beta Plans
4. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Beta Plans Feb 10, 2018, 23:03 eRe4s3r

MT Silver wrote on Feb 10, 2018, 16:58:
NWN 1 > NWN 2

Fite me.

Nah, fully agree here, NWN2 OC was utter garbage. that 1 good expansion doth not make a good RPG

News Comments > Dawn of War 3 Sets
35. Re: Dawn of War 3 Sets Feb 10, 2018, 22:14 eRe4s3r

Cyant wrote on Feb 9, 2018, 09:11:
No Last Stand mode = No buy

I said it from the begining...

The only reason its on my steam account now is the humble monthly package it was in.

Not gonna lie, even as someone who hates random COOP, Last Stand was awesome

News Comments > Saturday Previews
11. Re: Saturday Previews Feb 10, 2018, 22:11 eRe4s3r

This is the first fake youtube news ever linked here

Achievement Unlocked

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2018, 09:06 eRe4s3r

1badmf wrote on Feb 9, 2018, 23:50:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2018, 15:19:
jacobvandy wrote on Feb 9, 2018, 13:22:
But if Amazon ships their own stuff, who else can they blame when your shit is late or lost?

I ordered a few things on Amazon worth a couple hundred bucks. After 3 weeks it hadn't arrived, and there was no update on the shipping tracker, so Amazon sent me an email asking me if I wanted a refund. So I said yes. A week later, the stuff came.

so they let you keep everything? seems like amazon. their CS tends to bend over backwards to keep us happy. i like that. their drivers on the other hand... a friend of mine installed a doorbell cam, upgraded to a new one. the new one was dropped off by fedex. couple mins later amazon guy comes to drop off amazon stuff. camera catches him absconding with the fedex package. denied it up and down. amazon was shown the video. my friend got his package back rifled open. dude only lost his job. fuck that guy.

If Amazon would pay their delivery drivers more than a pittance maybe they'd find personal with actual morals. But as it stands, nobody sane willingly works at Amazon.

News Comments > Dawn of War 3 Sets
22. Re: Dawn of War 3 Sets Feb 8, 2018, 18:34 eRe4s3r

OK... not that this is unexpected or anything. <3  

News Comments > Scrolls Ending Next Week
3. Re: Scrolls Ending Next Week Feb 8, 2018, 01:29 eRe4s3r

This.. sucks ;(  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 7, 2018, 21:43 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Feb 7, 2018, 19:48:
Man, that's a pretty shitty autonomous car if it takes three months to go coast to coast.

Maybe it's a luxurious tesla bus with all amenities ? ;p

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Making History Next Month
10. Re: Kerbal Space Program Making History Next Month Feb 7, 2018, 16:58 eRe4s3r

MeanJim wrote on Feb 7, 2018, 12:40:
This must be for people that can't figure out how to install mods since mods have been adding custom missions and contracts already.

I'm kind of glad there had been a lul in updates, but I missed out on my chance to play it during that time. As far as I know, there aren't any critical bugs in the game anymore, and every time there is an update, you have to wait for mods to be updated for each new version.

Although it's a sandbox game and technically doesn't end, I haven't "finished" the game yet. I've had the game since the alpha, before career mode, but once career mode was added, I wanted to play a game where I visited every planet and moon and collect 100% of the science available, but I never finished that during the alpha and beta, then decided to restart when 1.0 came out using the same mods I used in the alpha/beta. After waiting for mods to update, I started my 1.0 game, but 1.0.x had a memory leak that caused the game to use up all available 32bit memory and crash after a while. It got so bad as the game went on, it was crashing every 30 minutes, and I gave up on it.

With 1.2, we finally got 64bit support and they fixed the memory leaks, but I was waiting on mods before I started a new game. The updates were coming out faster than the mods were getting updated, and eventually it slid to the back of the line by the time 1.3.1 came out and it settled down.

I literally was just looking at getting into this again over the weekend. I thought about playing stockish. I was going to use just the essential, quality of life improving type mods (engineer, alarm clock, etc.) and some visual enhancements, but not add any part mods. Then as I was looking over the list of mods I used before and new mods released since then, that idea went out the window as my list of "gotta haves" started growing. There are still a couple of mods I really liked from 1.0 that have not been updated, and no alternatives exist.

The mods I use
x Kerbal Engineer
x Scatterer
x SSTU
x SSTU Nova Pack

(SSTU adds procedural parts and fuel system with realistic fuels and realistic engines imo one of the most important features missing in vanilla KSP)

as well as this -> KEI

Which is a mod that eliminates the KSC (the actual buildings) biome research nonsense. Might be considered a cheat, but really it's more ease of use.

I honestly can't play KSP without procedural parts anymore. It's such an obvious thing missing that it boggles the mind.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Plans
3. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Plans Feb 7, 2018, 05:08 eRe4s3r

Why would I want to play a pay to win title for free? Absurd  

News Comments > PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed
15. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 19:19 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 19:16:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 19:10:
ummmm guys...reshade can be used to get a advantage...do your research...just saying

What do you think then about NVidia doing this at a driver level? I assume you mean advantage due to being able to change the color fidelity/effects of a game? Like someone cranking up brightness in dark areas to see better?

NO he means custom reshade shaders that replace textures from certain models so mesh visibility hack basically... but that doesn't come with Reshade... it's however a thing. Any shader loader can be used to load any shader you want, and shaders are nothing else but complex applications. So a shader can in theory access and change anything that happens on a GPU

News Comments > EA versus Battlefield 1 Cheaters
15. Re: EA versus Battlefield 1 Cheaters Feb 6, 2018, 17:55 eRe4s3r

Oh noes, they are banning people.. if only BF1 wouldn't be included in Origin Access where you can easily scam your way in for free at the cost of a fake credit card. Or you know, pay 4€ to get a game every other fucking idiot paid 50€ for.. fuck EA.

Ever since BF1 was put on Origin Access it was dead. Cheaters everywhere, and yes, that is coming from a top player, ESP and box hacks are rampant.

This entire news post is utter bullshit, a ban costs a cheater exactly 4$ or even nothing, if he recycles accounts every 10 hours

https://www.origin.com/deu/en-us/store/battlefield/battlefield-1/revolution-edition

Make new account click trial, point to already installed BF1 = 10 hours cheating for free. Repeat infinitely.

And this is why "detection rates are going down" their stupid ass system needs 3 days (or 20 hours) of playdata before it even triggers.

News Comments > PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed
10. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 16:07 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 11:07:
necrosis wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 10:41:
Here is my question (as i dont use ReShade).

Can you tell it to not load for one game or is it "on" for all games once installed?
Kinda bullshit if you have to completely remove it from your computer because of one game when it is perfectly fine for other games.

Reminds me of older anti cheat that forced you to completely uninstall things like Daemon Tools even if you were using it for other things.

I don't use it either but it looks like it installs and runs in the background so you have access to it whenever you enter a 3dmode.

That's not how Reshade works, AT ALL, you have to specifically install the wrapper to the game you want, even specifying the api you want. And Reshade can NOT be used to cheat. It can be used to boost brightness, gamma and stuff of course. Like Nvidia drivers, just with more control.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 4, 2018, 18:04 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 14:53:
Love this comment!

So someone crashed into someone in a driving game and we have articles on it?

I mean…am I missing something here?

Fucking LOL!

iRacing is actually played by a lot of *REAL* race-drivers, and future potential ones, so this is isn't a small issue. iRacing had taken quite some flak for not being more open about it's moderation system before.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 4, 2018, 17:37 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 17:22:
I drove by the local Best Buy the other day and it occured to me I hadn't been there in a long time (probably a few years) but I remember when I used to be in that place at least once a week.

However, as a curmudgeon, I still occasionally buy CDs -- usually through Amazon though...

My parents, in the 60-70 range still regularly buy CD's Not that I am complaining, showed them CDEX so they can put the stuff on USB for car hearing. Car is so modern it doesn't have a CD player anymore, heh.

News Comments > More on PUBG Versus Cheaters
18. Re: More on PUBG Versus Cheaters Feb 4, 2018, 14:45 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 12:26:
grudgebearer wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 11:20:
The only upside to a PUBG update, is that for about 30 hours afterwards the Chinese don't invade the NA and EU servers until their cheats are updated to the new versions that work with the game.

That is sort of interesting, perhaps they need a small daily patch that does just enough to mess up cheat apps, more of a daily security update. Thoughts?

All you need is a ping filter, higher than 100ms for more than 3 seconds -> kick

It's how we had our BF4 server set up, nobody ever complained.

News Comments > Steam Top 10 9
4. Re: Steam Top <strike>10</strike> 9 Feb 4, 2018, 13:55 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 13:39:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 13:27:
Happy to see Subnautica doing so well, especially with how long it was in Early Access.

Yes. Sadly, the rest of the list is fucking pathetic. Hard to get excited.

FF 15 on PC doesn't excite you? Excites me

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2018, 13:27 eRe4s3r

For a German, it's the time of year where advertising is apparently art, despite it being still useless disgusting advertising

Aside that, February 6th, Space X Falcon Heavy 1st launch attempt, has me far more hyped.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Feb 4, 2018, 02:27 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 3, 2018, 16:15:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 3, 2018, 14:15:
The ‘King of Kong’ could be stripped of his high score…

About time. Guy's high score vid had rules that only applied to him and was extremely skeezy.
What rules? this is calling him out about playing on an emulator and w/out the required checks and balances

All speed run categories have specific rules, he violated them and they made an exception ONLY for him. Ie. the scores are invalid.

News Comments > More on PUBG Versus Cheaters
5. Re: More on PUBG Versus Cheaters Feb 3, 2018, 17:14 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Feb 3, 2018, 15:41:
It kills me that his game being a competitive game does not have VAC enabled in it. But a game like Sword Coast Legends that has no competitive multiplayer at all has VAC and killed the game because everyone was afraid to try and mod the game for fear of being VAC banned. Someone explain the logic in that!

Rumor has it that "no modding" was a GW licensing restriction, only the really big powerhouses like Sega can negotiate exceptions (Total War..)

12144 Comments. 608 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo