Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9975 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 9, 2016, 20:01 eRe4s3r

Ah the US.. where highway robbery by the police is legal.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity Patch Adds Content
3. Re: Ashes of the Singularity Patch Adds Content Jun 9, 2016, 19:56 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 19:06:
Still waiting on the "100,000 units on-screen" that they promised multiple times during their kickstarter.

I bitched the devs out on the steam discussions, and the best I got was "it is technically possible to have 100,000 units on a map, they're just being RENDERED OFF-SCREEN"

Fuck you fucknuts.

Just face it, you are not gonna see 100k agent based AI units on screen, ever*. (*next 20 years~)

So the promise was already hyperbolic bullshit imo Look at Total War Warhammer, you can have what, 6000 soldiers on the field zoomed out no problem, but that's the limit, beyond that you crash hard against the single core performance of modern CPU's, which are still the defining limiting factor in real time AI calculations sadly...

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 8, 2016, 05:21 eRe4s3r

It's Bethesda or Zenimaxx behind this and I can't fathom what the fuck both parties are thinking, especially the retarded post by the PR manager that modders should file a DMCA notice (which is a legal document and costs you actual money if you require council). So this is not just a completely fucking retarded response to the problem, but for some modders it's completely impossible to even tell whether something is stolen or not because.. imagine that! They don't own a console.. lmao

Just 1 year ago we had the VERY SAME PROBLEM on steam paid mods section, which was quickly canned because of the clusterfuck.

Now, Bethesda does the same thing with even less regulation and overview.. wow

I think someone at Bethesda must have dementia. There is no way, after the paid mod fiasco, that they weren't aware of the requirements for modding communities to remain peaceful.

What they did now, is make Beth games PC modding a hostile community that is already detailing every step needed to make a mod incompatible with bethesda.net . Way to go Bethesda...

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Countdown
17. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Countdown Jun 7, 2016, 06:17 eRe4s3r

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 02:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 19:28:
To be honest, graphics weren't the only problem of that "game".. since there was barely anything to actually do and all these fancy systems were so halfheartedly implemented... doubt this one is going to be better on that front.
Ah, one of these parallel universes things I see. Watchdogs beats GTA IV/V hands down when it comes to real gameplay. I`v hardly done any story missions, because there`s just stuff happening all around and all of it it`s fun: systems that actually make use of the city and it`s denizens. Shooting is superb, driving less so but still okay, and random events pop in all the time...combined with CTOS manipulation it`s all a real sandbox.

Somehow it seems people got confused over the years and prefer to go to a yoga class, play some lame tennis, sit in an internet cafe or be harassed by phone calls from gfs/cousins. Never mind heavily scripted missions and a beautiful city devoid of any action. Each to it`s own, eh?

My jab was exactly that, this isn't a fun hacking cyber thriller game, it's a sandbox where the douchenozzle of a character we have to play gets to fuck peoples lives up. I mean that literally, he is not an anti-hero, he is a full blown terrorist and he has a charm of a leprosy patient.

So if you can take enjoyment out of the map activities then that is nice for you I guess, but I couldn't. I hated the main char, hated the dumb as brick AI, hated the sneaking missions... short: I did not like the game whatsoever.

And hey, GTA is GTA and for all its failings was immensely FUN in SP from 2 to 5

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation- F4 Mods Jun 6, 2016, 20:26 eRe4s3r

Well I dunno about console modding but as a modder if you took my work in a collection or combine it but leave credit for artwork/scripts intact I'd have no issue.. I don't mod for anyone but myself anyway.

But what happened here was more like an asshole stealing mods and putting his own paypal as donation link in the description. Fuck people doing that, and their kind.

Fact is also that since paid mods, it does not seem as if Bethesda learned a single fucking thing.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Countdown
2. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Countdown Jun 6, 2016, 19:28 eRe4s3r

To be honest, graphics weren't the only problem of that "game".. since there was barely anything to actually do and all these fancy systems were so halfheartedly implemented... doubt this one is going to be better on that front.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Craigslist Jun 6, 2016, 19:26 eRe4s3r

Lawsuit insurance keeps the fees away..  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 6, 2016, 10:39 eRe4s3r

Gawkers temper trantrum (Facebook sounds like a cult)

Don't click ;p You only give them pageviews which makes them more valuable when they are sold off because they got pwned by a court.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2016, 09:10 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 04:46:
Creating Cutting-Edge Sci-Fi with Practical Effects.

Totally looking forward to this. I love hard, contemplative sci fi. Mark Strong is an amazing actor who has long worked in the shadow of others, often stealing their thunder (i.e. Kickass and Sherlock Holmes). The cinematography looks great, and the effects look totally realistic and immersive.

Sadly the movie is boring and extremely unrealistic... not the effects mind you, but the whole entire idea of that mission.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: NVIDIA Jun 6, 2016, 02:35 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 12:11:
Craftsmanship...

It's why you don't buy new hardware for the first 6 months after release... ;p You are the QA process otherwise.

News Comments > Allison Road Cancelled
3. Re: Allison Road Cancelled Jun 5, 2016, 17:36 eRe4s3r

Overon wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 12:41:
Are they going to reinstate the kickstarter now?

What they asked in the KS wouldn't have financed a game like the one they pitched anyway... and apparently neither can the money Team17 wanted to invest.

News Comments > WoW Increasing Draw Distances
7. Re: WoW Increasing Draw Distances Jun 5, 2016, 16:37 eRe4s3r

Kajetan wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 14:09:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 13:49:
How long do you think its going to be before the Vanilla Classic WoW fan complains about the improvements and starts a petition?
Well, there is one valid point ... increasing the view distance destroys the illusion of walking over a vast continent. You see Azeroth for what it really is ... a collection of small, gimmicky zones.

That illusion is pretty quickly gone when you take the airship or griffon

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
57. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released Jun 5, 2016, 00:45 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 11:41:
Quinn wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 05:11:
Creston wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 00:54:
The new Skellige deck is just kind of straight up bullshit.

Play Cerys: Horde 3 Warrior Maidens, who strong bond. Boom, one card, 58 (!!) points of damage on the fucking board. For most decks, 58 damage is a good fucking ROUND.

They should have called it the "We don't know how to program decent Gwent AI, so we just created this bullshit deck in an effort to have it be challenging." deck

Like playing against the monster deck, make sure your deck isn't full of melee cards and make sure you have at least one frostbite card.

Yeah it's not that I'm not winning against it, but it just feels cheap. Surrendering a round is a valid tactic, and having a deck just automatically play 2 cards from the graveyard "because it's round 3" is just bullshit. If the picks are lucky, the Skellige deck pulls two of your spies from his graveyard and gets FOUR cards in his hand. FOUR. How is that a perk that's even remotely comparable to

Northern Realms: Pick a card if you win a round
Monsters: One monster card stays on the table
Nilfgaard: Win a tie. (happens roughly once every 500 rounds)
Scoiatel: You may pick if you want to go first in the first round. (lol, what a bonus!!)

I mean, it's so laughably overpowered especially compared to Nilfgaard and Scoiatel.

I like some of the changes they made, such as horde cards now working on Siege and Ranged rows as well (so their entire deck can't just get ganked by a single frostbite, like the monster deck can), and some of the other things it does just seem weirdly situational, but that Cerys+Horde+Bond combo is just ludicrous. If he already has a warhorn lying on the melee row, playing Cerys would put 106(!!!!) freaking points down. WITH ONE CARD!

Edit: My math is even off, I think. Warrior Maidens are 6 each, so 3 strong bonds would make them 18 each, so 54+10=64 without warhorn or 54x2+10=118 o_O with warhorn.

Scorch is very useful there. also Northern Realms has a free warhorn on siege as skill, and scoiatel can disable a hero ability. Those are leaders you gotta find but.. well, you can find them

News Comments > Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox
13. Re: Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox Jun 5, 2016, 00:40 eRe4s3r

When people compare these both games, often they mean that in the "you shoot stuff and press hotkeys for skills, and that feels the same in both games" sense...

Nothing more, nothing less. Gameplay wise these games are very similar as well, many characters that feel the "same" and many skills identical to each other... that 1 is arena and 1 is moba is another matter.. doesn't really make them incomparable though

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2016, 16:21 eRe4s3r

killer_roach wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 16:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 12:49:
Just another day in the world of Paradox doing paradoxial things...

Some of the comments on the article wonder if it has anything to do with Paradox entertaining buyout offers from Tencent, and as a result wanting to control information that might misrepresent the state of their finances.

But surely they know what a google cache is, right? Because I can see all sales numbers still with a simple search result -> examples
Pillars of Eternity - 698,520
EU4 - 926,943
Skylines - 2,243,061
HOI2 complete - 76,089
EU3 - 430,027
Crusader Kings 2 - 1,236,755
Stellaris - 411,160
etc......

So pointless... any investor has seen this information way before they even attempted the buyout. And even Tencent can click "show cache" on a google search...

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2016, 16:15 eRe4s3r

Apparently Steam didn't read it's own shop TOS which clearly forbids uploading anything to the store for which you don't own the right.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2016, 13:30 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 12:30:
Does the rest of the world outside of NA even know what a donut is?

It's a cliché even we Europeans know about, so I assume for the most part that many people know what a donut is.

But fact of the matter is they are not popular here

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 3, 2016, 12:49 eRe4s3r

Just another day in the world of Paradox doing paradoxial things...  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 3, 2016, 11:44 eRe4s3r

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 11:31:
uBlock Origin FTW!

Exactly ^^

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 2, 2016, 14:02 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 13:19:
I wouldn't say she's worth "nothing."

When she goes to jail for widespread fraud, she will be worth a few bucks for every day she works while she's incarcerated.

In reality should the company go down she would likely get no money out of her stock though, so at least there is that... ;p

9975 Comments. 499 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo