Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12388 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 7, 2018, 10:26 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 08:07:
He didn't upgrade his memory, he increased his drive space. You know, sensible hardware manufacturers have been building devices with modular data storage for 20 years (the SD card was introduced in 1999)...

Yeah, but if you ever did that on your say, tablet, you'd also know that Android is a POS os that can't do virtual JBOD. So you may have more storage space, but all your OS and meta data still resides on the 16GB tiny partition (or whatever size it is) while there may be a perfectly usable 128GB SD card to be used.

I have the same problem on my tablet, I got more than 256GB space on that thing, but the OS sits on a 16GB partition that is LITERALLY soldered on. And I don't have the balls like the above vid dude to pull that chip off

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 6, 2018, 22:17 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 21:02:
That's nuts, and it worked.

Tons of things work when you start getting into it, replacing LED lights on hardware is easy as pie compared to this. People throwing away perfect hardware because a single LED flickers or failed just makes me sad ;/

And seeing this done on an actual logic board is pretty damn impressive.

My Logitech G11 white LED mod still works heh. I wish more people would invest the time needed to just "dig" into the hardware and see what can be repaired without much effort, well, that's a lie, it requires a lot of effort, but not a lot of money.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 6, 2018, 11:48 eRe4s3r

chickenboo wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 11:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 10:04:
I like how Western Digital only now competes with NVME's... when everyone already has a Samsung SSD because Samsung, a core memory maker makes the best NVME's ;p

I like how it's 4K ready! I've been waiting to jump on this 4K bandwagon and now that there's an NVME SSD that supports it I can finally start playing 4K titles! What took these hard drive companies so long and why was WD the first company to make one?

Now you can get HDD's with 10x more pixels!

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans
1. Re: Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans Apr 6, 2018, 10:27 eRe4s3r

Wait.... so they didn't have a plan for any content additions post release? So, they made this game as it is and thought "yes, that's complete, no additions necessary!" ?  

News Comments > Star Control Origins Trailer
10. Re: Star Control Origins Trailer Apr 6, 2018, 10:05 eRe4s3r

Numinar wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 09:55:
My anus is still sore after Star Control 3.

I hope this game (And the toys for bob one, if it ever happens) work out but I wouldn't put any money on it. I will await the reviews and quicklooks/streams.

Wouldn't it be a laugh if BOTH end up sucking? All this drama about 2 mediocre indy projects.. just.. meh

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 6, 2018, 10:04 eRe4s3r

I like how Western Digital only now competes with NVME's... when everyone already has a Samsung SSD because Samsung, a core memory maker makes the best NVME's ;p  

News Comments > 1C Company Announces Three Games
3. Re: 1C Company Announces Three Games Apr 5, 2018, 16:21 eRe4s3r

Rigs wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 11:39:
Eternity: The Last Unicorn

Hmmm...

When the last eagle flies over the last crumbling mountain
And the last lion roars at the last dusty fountain
In the shadow of the forest though she may be old and worn
They will stare unbelieving at the last unicorn

Well, I can dream, I guess...

=-Rigs-=

It's 1C, likely it will be a horrible broken hackn slash with some female main or something. Just basing this on 1C naming schemes of the past.

Ps.: Distribution rights to that IP are owned by IHeartMedia which is actually RIGHT NOW bankrupt... interesting but sadly not related to 1C or this game.

News Comments > Star Control Origins Trailer
7. Re: Star Control Origins Trailer Apr 5, 2018, 16:13 eRe4s3r

Heh, I don't think I wanna play this game after that trailer

Compared to this, MOO4 looks like art.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2018, 14:37 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 14:03:
Center Of The Milky Way Has Thousands Of Black Holes, Study Shows.

That place must be crazy with all those overlapping gravitational fields. I'd hate to have to live there.

Not to mention the radiation and time dilation issues.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2018, 14:35 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 10:58:
Part 2 of The Hobbit post mortem. sweet

Just discovered it yesterday and instant sub for me. What a great channel! And yeah, I watched part 1 and 2 in 1 sitting. Extremely interesting

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 4, 2018, 18:08 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 11:43:
"Latest macOS Update Disables DisplayLink, Rendering Thousands of Monitors Dead."

So Apple just destroyed thousands of dollars of monitors? Surprised this isn't on the 6 o'clock news. Or maybe this is just another shit title.

Even better, I quote

monitors will no longer work when they are connected through a third party peripheral

Aka, converters

So the title is really inaccurate

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Year Two Content
4. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Year Two Content Apr 4, 2018, 08:36 eRe4s3r

Ubisoft - The Game

I really hope Anno 1800 won't be fucked up by this.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Apr 3, 2018, 16:47 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 11:11:
Don't cha' know, everyone covers everything. I was chastised the other day for wondering why Forbes was covering the condom inhaling story...

You say "chastised", I say "kindly told".

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Apr 3, 2018, 16:26 eRe4s3r

CCG putting the righteous hammer down here

Ayo: A Rain Taleís tale is about as coherent as toddler scribbles, but a toddler certainly didnít give it shape and form.

Reminds me British have like 80 words for various states of cloud and rain. So this game was clearly not made by British ^^

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 3, 2018, 13:48 eRe4s3r

Facebooks rise and fall will soon be something for the history books. Hard to imagine they could have been this stupid. Under coming new EU law this video thing by the way, could have been a 500k Ä fine, per video.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
21. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 3, 2018, 06:20 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 19:12:
Ah... that makes a bit more sense. Although I'd have to agree anyone inhaling a condom is a moron.

You know why they old people can now feel all smug? Because Internet didn't spread their idiotic deeds over the entire planet. That's the only reason.

You had dumb teens in every age, from 10000bc to 2018AD ^^

Probably quite a few teens in 10kbc hand-wrestling a mammoth or something.

I know from my grandpa that as child he played in an old munition store, found hidden tracer ammo for flak and ... threw it in a fire. The result? One of his buddies had a tracer in his knee.

So yeah, dumb kids existed always and will always exist.

Ps.: All parties survived this. The parents were not amused though.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Released
8. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Released Apr 3, 2018, 06:18 eRe4s3r

Oh yeah, navigating Skyrim GUI in VR? hahahahahahahahaaaa

No!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2018, 07:46 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 13:57:
Russian bots are rallying behind embattled Fox News host Laura Ingraham as advertisers DUMP her show
Sorry barbie doll, but you're outta here and no amount of russian interference can help you now. #DeleteFoxNews

Remember, Russian dis-information campaign is meant to split and cause destabilization, so the counter side likely got just as much support.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2018, 07:45 eRe4s3r

WarPig wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 13:45:
Blue, in the past have you ever been fooled by one of these April Fool's articles? I could see it easily happening in the old days or with articles that aren't that weird. And along those lines, have you ever placed an article in the "April Fool's Roundup" and later found out it was real?

At least 1 story in the April Fools roundup was real (The DNS one) and at least 1 story in the tech news from the 30th was fake and meant as April Fools (The DD Audio one).

Yeah, I kept track, yes, yes I was maybe bored.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Apr 2, 2018, 05:38 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:31:
I've experienced anecdotal evidence about wireless phone safety in my life to make me wary. An acquaintance who kept her phone in her bra of her right breast for five years developed breast cancer in that breast. She was 23. A friend's father was a telecom linesman, he used one of those old blocky cell phones to test the line. Diagnosed with 4 brain tumors on the right side where he used the phone.

It wouldn't surprise me if, like tobacco and fossil fuels, the industry is suppressing the risk.

Suppressing?

I link you to the WHO
http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2011/pdfs/pr208_E.pdf

Wear radiation sources near your boobs at your own peril

Ps.: Would be impossible to say what exactly caused that boob cancer, because phones produce EM radiation obviously, but they also produce heat, and concentrated heat + skin contact + fat/watery cells + long-term is always REALLY bad.

I've read somewhere that wearing phones close to skin can literally cause "internal burns" because the cells can't handle localized heat sources that block sweating.

Then again, I learned in school "radiation danger is directly related to emission strength (in KW) and wave-form" so it makes sense to me that phones can cause problems. But for WIFI the fear makes no sense, that's in the GHz range....

As I said, maybe the real source of the tumors was simple heat? But yeah, best not to gamble with your life.

To make it clear, I am super careful about radiation sources evidence or no. What I learned in school stuck with me (I grew up post Chernobyl after all) and I don't trust phones to be ANYWHERE close to me.

This comment was edited on Apr 2, 2018, 05:58.

12388 Comments. 620 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo