Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10046 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 01:09 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 14:50:
BitWraith wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 14:41:
Yeah. They have to be careful not to create MTV's Shannara.

Thank you. That's exactly what I was thinking. Never liked Tad's work anyway but when the series lunched I tought, 'Enh, I'll give it a chance.' OMFG it's so bad.

The joke is the premise was really cool. Then they fucked it up with a too small budget, bad story arcs and REALLY bad actors.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 01:01 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 16:55:
Iceland over England in the UEFA round of 16... surely that is a sign of the apocalypse?

Most bizarre game in the entire tourney so far. Did Britain even bring a keeper? Do they know how to play this mysterious game from the continent?

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
20. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 27, 2016, 06:00 eRe4s3r

siapnar wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 00:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 22:00:
5:4 and 4:3 support are still MIA .. sigh ...console games...
Just out of curiosity, why not use a 16x9 or 16x10 monitor?

I am using 2 monitors, and just so happens my 16x10 is for CAD/Graphics use and my 5:4 is for gaming.. (performance wise that's a major difference, can't play on the 16:10.. but it displays perfect colors)

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
11. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 26, 2016, 22:00 eRe4s3r

5:4 and 4:3 support are still MIA .. sigh ...console games...  

News Comments > The Guild 3 Announced
5. Re: The Guild 3 Announced Jun 26, 2016, 01:44 eRe4s3r

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 16:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 22:17:
Also I hate to be cynically.. but "Best AI EVER" is like.. a really bad meme nowadays.

Why? Nobody even bothers mentioning AI anymore. "Visceral gfx! "tactical combat!"...yeah...but AI?

One to look forward, to, even if flawed at least it`s an attempt at something different.

That was kinda my point, it's hard to get hyped about AI advances when CPU's are stagnating and real AGI seems further and further away. I mean if this works it's cool, but first I wanna see the performance after a 10 hour game.. and if it is really human-like... well... that would be nice...

News Comments > Civilization VI Videos
14. Re: Civilization VI Videos Jun 26, 2016, 01:37 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 15:35:
Whats happening with Space Civ then? Hopefully not dead on arrival.

Civ Beyond Earth is "beyond hope" You can't fix lazy game design

Btw, I am going to get pedantic now and mention in the first video, those walls in the city.. notice that shadows leak "beneath" the wall. It looks abysmal, as if someone slapped this together in some pre unity engine and called it a day.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 23, 2016, 23:09 eRe4s3r

Total-Khaos wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 17:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 20:35:
Tom wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 18:29:
I think this project has made quite a substantial contribution to the ruining of the credibility of the crowdfunding concept. Well done, Inafune!

Developer with no experience in making sidescrollers.... hardly proof that KS is bad, more that KS backers need to get some glasses and GOOGLE THE PEOPLE INVOLVED BEFORE PLEDGING

This reminds me of PoE where there was much hype sure, but most of the people working there had nothing to do with BG or NWN, hell half the writers never wrote a decent campaign.

Um, you do know who Keiji Inafune is, right? No experience in side scrollers? LMAO!

Yeah I know who he is... maybe google him again and read what job he actually did when creating megaman (He invented the IP and managed company, not development). He is a business man, not a lead developer. (But considering you likely don't know how Japanese companies in those times misclassified job positions I don't blame you for believing otherwise).

To give you an idea what I mean, just because he was involved in megaman doesn't mean he was in any way related to making it amazeballs. Hence my point, he has no clue what made sidescrollers great, he invented an IP that his developers made great. But he himself? He has no clue.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 23, 2016, 22:54 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 11:03:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 02:07:
Those are some extremely overinflated price estimates in that article.. actual worth is AT BEST something like 70k (not 450k!!!)

And you base this on your source? Please share with us.

Here Same site even, except they updated that article and not this one.

Essentially, 2 of these games were in bundles (as low as 0.33$, other was in 8$ tier divided by the 5 games that were in, so 1$ something) 1 was 85% in a steam sale, due to how humble bundle works you can't resell keys anymore AFAIK, so non issue there I assume. The value they use is imaginary value based on highest price ever recorded. But this is not what they sold many copies at (according to steamspy). Also it was their OWN distributors who sold the keys at G2A under "imaginary" value (but actually way above sales prices!) so that they didn't get any money is a flat out total lie. Distributors buy keys from the developers, they don't get them for free

This is some really scummy red herring style reporting imo. They want you to focus on G2A when it is the indy developer itself that uses questionable distributors and prices it's games 85% below the (according to their own numbers) actual worth.

TL;DR, they claim they don't get any money off these sales. That is a lie. They already got money when the distributors paid for the keys. What they want here is basically double dipping...

According to Steamspy, most of the sales happened during sale events. So they list moonprices here, but don't list sale data, for good reason I assume...

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 2016, 23:11.

News Comments > The Guild 3 Announced
2. Re: The Guild 3 Announced Jun 23, 2016, 22:17 eRe4s3r

Nothing like burning down the houses of your enemies in Guild 2 ;p Loved these games and hope they add a bit more realism

Also I hate to be cynically.. but "Best AI EVER" is like.. a really bad meme nowadays. I'll believe it when I see it.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 23, 2016, 02:07 eRe4s3r

Those are some extremely overinflated price estimates in that article.. actual worth is AT BEST something like 70k (not 450k!!!)  

News Comments > Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking
17. Re: Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking Jun 22, 2016, 22:27 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 22:11:
That is pretty funny... do the emotes in the game come through in your local language?

I use "ult status" "group up" and "need healing" very often (separate hotkeys instead of the wheel).

Even if people only notice it once it's worth pressing those damn buttons all the time.

I have noticed that mic chat is pretty quiet in this game (solo quick play anyway), but I imagine that will change in ranked. I don't think the ingame system works very well yet anyway. People tell me I'm fuzzy about half of the time I press the key.

Those status emotes are translated yeah, thing is they don't allow you to coordinate counters or hero changes. And sometimes you may just wanna give a general hint (Widow on statue) or something, well lots of fun that is when nobody speaks the same language.

15. Re: Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking Jun 22, 2016, 20:39 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 14:23:
The problem I have is repeatedly running into a meat grinder if my team is losing

One of the most important things to do in this situation is to try to get your team to regroup in or around spawn before you all run back into the wall of death single file.

In public random solo? You do realize that blizzard, in their infinite wisdom, pools Germans with Poles, Ukrainians, Russians and Italians/French.. right? You know what these people have in common? They don't speak the same language ~.~ (Which is a big issue I have with blizzard games as a whole btw) When I select English/German then don't give me fucking Russian team members... RUSSIAN IS NOT ENGLISH (And French/Spanish is even worse)

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 22, 2016, 20:35 eRe4s3r

Tom wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 18:29:
I think this project has made quite a substantial contribution to the ruining of the credibility of the crowdfunding concept. Well done, Inafune!

Developer with no experience in making sidescrollers.... hardly proof that KS is bad, more that KS backers need to get some glasses and GOOGLE THE PEOPLE INVOLVED BEFORE PLEDGING

This reminds me of PoE where there was much hype sure, but most of the people working there had nothing to do with BG or NWN, hell half the writers never wrote a decent campaign.

8. Re: Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking Jun 22, 2016, 01:30 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 01:17:
FOV 107 is 90 degrees at 16:9. OW goes up to 103. That isn't making you miss. :p

Go into the custom control settings for the melee characters and turn up the mouse sensitivity just for them, should solve the issue anyway.

It actually does when you are used to perfect 90 fov... it's how I play games since I can think. (You can imagine how much fun I have with fov locked at 45 ;p quite literally makes me sick)

Anyway what I really need is an option to hide the gun models...

6. Re: Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking Jun 22, 2016, 01:11 eRe4s3r

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 00:08:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 23:10:
descender wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 22:47:
Have you tried playing custom games? Literally every gameplay option you just asked for is already there.

basically the enemy team had always the hard counter to my char

You really need to change characters to play OW correctly. Especially when you are being countered. If you don't, that disadvantage might be the reason your team is losing.

This is simply not a game where you can "play one class" all night and expect to win consistently (unless your full premade team is building around you every round).

You need to be countering your opponent, not letting them do it to you.

I don't really help my team much when I play a char I legitimately utterly suck at but that is the only one not hard countered... ;/

Custom games and training matches against AI are a great way to hone your skills with those characters you want to get better with!

Yeah but most of the time you really don't learn much from AI games, I've had 100 AI rounds before even joined pvp matches... some chars I am really good with (Pha...) others I totally suck at (Winston/Reinhard) and that isn't gonna change, these chars go against my own skills... can't hit shit in melee in this game.. thanks to the FOV (and that's at 103 fov) but I suck at ALL first person melee games

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 2016, 01:27.

3. Re: Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking Jun 21, 2016, 23:10 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 22:47:
Have you tried playing custom games? Literally every gameplay option you just asked for is already there.

basically the enemy team had always the hard counter to my char

You really need to change characters to play OW correctly. Especially when you are being countered. If you don't, that disadvantage might be the reason your team is losing.

This is simply not a game where you can "play one class" all night and expect to win consistently (unless your full premade team is building around you every round).

You need to be countering your opponent, not letting them do it to you.

I don't really help my team much when I play a char I legitimately utterly suck at but that is the only one not hard countered... ;/

1. Re: Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking Jun 21, 2016, 22:09 eRe4s3r

To be honest I am stuck on a (sub!) 50% win rate currently (48%) and.. that is ok.. my real problem is that in most of the wins I had so far, I never felt like my team was even remotely the same MMR as I was and that either I was contributing majority to a win or nothing at all to a win/loss (basically the enemy team had always the hard counter to my char). (I had rounds where the end screen showed 3 notable stats all of the enemy, instead of 5) even though we *won*

This really sucks because from BF4 I am more used to dominating even when my team is losing, because I am a Division 1 player and that isn't gonna change when I face other division 1 players. The problem is that unlike in BF4, it never feels like I can have a fun match when I am mismatched skill wise. The round times are so absurdly short as well... I miss the 60 minute 10 point over 2000 tickets rounds from BF4 already, and that's after 80 games in Overwatch. In BF4 there are many tactical options to employ and most of the time in a 32 player game you only need 1 squad to turn the tide or at least turn it in a way that a hopeless situation becomes a fun battlefield round.

TL;DR due to how characters balance rock-paper-scissors when I am outclassed by skills AND hard-countered it feels horrible. I had such rounds... they were not fun. I never had a "not fun" round in BF4...

As absurd as that sounds, I want a slower version of OVerwatch, every timer in the game gets quadruppled, skill charge up times increased by 100%, and timers on skills increased 3 fold, so that a match is never decided by 1 lucky ultimate hit (as can happen, and which is NOT fun).. so basically I think the basic balance of this game is designed to lead to stomps, there is too little time on the clock in a match to turn a huge fuck-up.... and that sucks.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jun 21, 2016, 18:51 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 13:52:
Pigeon wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 13:13:
...found posts suggesting that Gegury has received death threats over her abilities, and that some pro players quit the game after their accusations against her were proven false.

Death threats and rage quitting, that's how you know you're rockin it.

Also I wonder how many really good men had to prove themselves. Just sayin'

Most men consider it a badge of honor and no doubt so did she. I mean what better for your ego if someone calls you a cheater and sends you rage but you are not cheating...

Btw, in every league ever you have to prove you are not cheating when accusations are levied. Usually done by some 3rd party observing the live gameplay and monitoring the voice com. Except when it hits men it is not news worthy.

News Comments > Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities
15. Re: Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities Jun 21, 2016, 09:30 eRe4s3r

Numinar wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 09:26:
It's an area that needs to be messed with, even if it already worked ok previously just to mix up the visuals a little. Reduce worker micro, make terrain look more varied. Civ Rev, IV and V all visualize city improvements well, but it doesn't stop the rest of the world from looking like cut and paste blandness. (At least the rail and road spam from II has yet to return).

To be fair, from the air, everything in the world does seem to be copy and paste blandness within any given region.

If the maps are of any tangible size there will definitely be railroad (or whatever replaces it) spam.. how else to move stuff with the 1 unit rule without going insane?

News Comments > Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities
7. Re: Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities Jun 21, 2016, 00:59 eRe4s3r

ShakaUVM wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 00:56:
Grids were good enough for my grandpappy, and they're good enough for me.

Grids have mathematical problems with diagonal movement and AI pathing.. which is why nobody uses them anymore ^^

10046 Comments. 503 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo