Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12765 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
8. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 20, 2018, 00:16 eRe4s3r

Slashman wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 23:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 23:32:
Can I just point out how god awful annoying IGN website is nowadays? 3 auto-playing videos. +1 to the left that autoplays no matter what, moving shit to the left when you scroll down, and took 6 in-depth content blocks to get rid off...

What the hell is wrong with web designers nowadays?

Makes me appreciate blues all the more

PSSSST! That's what Adblock is for!

The auto playing content on sites is sadly a HTML5 "feature" with little contro, either full or nothing. And if you set it to block then youtube and twitch stop working...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 19, 2018, 23:34 eRe4s3r

SirKnight wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 22:50:
One of the main reasons why I prefer physical media.

Just because it's removed from store doesn't mean it's removed from your library.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
6. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 19, 2018, 23:32 eRe4s3r

Can I just point out how god awful annoying IGN website is nowadays? 3 auto-playing videos. +1 to the left that autoplays no matter what, moving shit to the left when you scroll down, and took 6 in-depth content blocks to get rid off...

What the hell is wrong with web designers nowadays?

Makes me appreciate blues all the more

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2018, 22:58 eRe4s3r

Blue wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 16:05:
Darks wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 13:07:
Blues, dont do an upgrade. Do a full install of 10 Then use your Windows 7 pro key to activate windows. It works trust me, I do it all the time.

Upgrades are doomed to fail 75 percent of the time. If you need a key, let me know. I have a lot of them.

I'm sorry, I think I was unclear. I am having trouble getting Win7 to patch itself using Windows update. I am not attempting to upgrade my Windows version.

Get http://download.wsusoffline.net/

It's the only way to update once your WU is borked. And it will unbork it 99% of the time.

Once it has downloaded all updates, you can move it on an USB drive and have W7 updates at the ready should you ever want to update offline. (that's 1 of the uses this application has, the other is that it installs updates "around" the normal process and helped me unbork WU many many times. Especially on W7 you will sometimes have the entire update service freeze for 5+ hours otherwise. Displays as 100% cpu usage and all that.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 19, 2018, 06:43 eRe4s3r

Narf2029 wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 11:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 22:45:
If ye knew women's clothing you'd know they mostly don't even have pockets. It's all in the bags...

It's not exactly by choice. It's a miracle if I can find clothes with pockets at all, let alone pockets big enough to even fit my whole hand in.

Yeah believe me, I know. I had one of the strangest shopping days when I accompanied my buddy and his 2 daughters (11 and 13) to go shop for just everyday clothes. Fake pockets are apparently a real thing, I had no idea.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2018, 00:57 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 13:45:
Engineers create most wear-resistant metal alloy in the world.

You engineers need to stop. How can we have planned obsolescence if you keep making better and better materials?

You ever seen a sunshade for the garden? 1 single nylon cable and a plastic nob with a tied knot is all holding that thing "up" cost 200 to buy a new one, cable costs 4

They can make anything easily borked and hard to repair if they want.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 17, 2018, 23:41 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 22:28:
No HDMI 2.1 = no interest

Exactly

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 17, 2018, 22:45 eRe4s3r

If ye knew women's clothing you'd know they mostly don't even have pockets. It's all in the bags...  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 17, 2018, 22:16 eRe4s3r

afka Rossini wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 21:54:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 21:18:
FFS, I already loathe Amazon Video because you can't watch two episodes of anything without being thrust upon by a commercial for whatever retarded original programming they've got coming out... If Netflix starts doing that, too, I might as well just switch to Hulu.
Too late, Netflix has already started doing it on my Netflix app for Fire TV. You can hit play next or sit through 20 seconds of 'preview' for another show.

The beginning of the end of Netflix then

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Aug 16, 2018, 23:08 eRe4s3r

Sales are a worthless metric with Origin flatrate. Cheaper to play for a month for what, 15$ than pre-order on Origin for the absurd price they ask there. And after a month you will be able to tell how this game goes, because if BF1 is any indication it only took 3 weeks for 95% of the playerbase to evaporate.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
8. Re: Morning Previews Aug 16, 2018, 21:38 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 16, 2018, 19:30:
Well, presumably the pre-release copies were sent/accessed/whatever'ed at the same time... so there is some logic to them coming out at the same time. Also, perhaps today was the day the NDA expired. But yeah... looks fishy.

A demo playable at Gamescom is many things, but it sure as hell ain't fish. Unless blues meant that it was a funny coincidence that journalists actually travel to the GamesCom and report about what they can play there ^^

News Comments > MONSTER HUNTER WORLD Sales Rise, Reviews Fall
22. Re: MONSTER HUNTER WORLD Sales Rise, Reviews Fall Aug 16, 2018, 18:53 eRe4s3r

LurkerLito wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 16:55:
Darks wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 12:49:
For me, its the slow assed movement. Monsters constantly charge at you and you are not able to dodge or move out of the way quick enough. And on top of making your movement slow, its all based on Stamina, and weapons use stamina too. So guess what? When you are fighting your stamina constantly bottoms out and you are unable to dodge.
That's not how it works at all. Stamina usage depends on your type of weapon. The switch axe uses 0 stamina when using the Y button attack (on a controller) or Y + B attack, but constantly swinging using the B button attack does use stamina. Weapons like the bow constantly use stamina so it won't be a spam fest from a distance, but a weapon like the bowgun uses no stamina, but has to be reloaded constantly and that's where you will be hit as you move even slower as you reload. Maybe that is more of a weapon you want. The great thing about this game is no matter how you want to play there is a weapon that will probably fit that style, but each weapon is a completely different from each other and how the stamina pool is used. I personally don't like to block with a shield I like to play offensively with lots of dodging, so most of the sword and shield ones are out, but I do really like the fast movements of the charge blade. It also IIRC doesn't use stamina for it's main attack either. You have to balance and be patient, this is not like a Ninja Gaiden game with lightning quick reflexes will help you, it's a Dark Souls like game that you have to wear down the beasts you battle. In most of my playing of this game I rarely run out of stamina except when using the Bow.

My biggest issue with the game is the complete and utter lack of a pause button. Everything respawns, stuff you killed could just respawn, or another beast in the game could just wander to your location if you go AFK to use the bathroom and your being attacked when you get back. I am not thrilled about, after the quest is done, a timer comes up that will whisk you away, sometimes other minor creatures are surrounding you so you have to take care of them before you can loot the monster you just took down, but you got 60 seconds to take them all out and gather the materials. It was very tight in some situations. It would be all but impossible if a big beast came in and interrupted you at the end, but thankfully that hasn't happened to me yet. During expeditions, you can have a dying monster on the run and poof they disappear off the map, that is not a fun thing to happen and it has happened 3-4x to me now and with each fight going anywhere from 8-20 minutes that is a real big annoyance to fight them and get nothing.

Still overall I love the game. I was hesitant to get it but for some reason I am just really into it.

Super late, but if you go AFK, click on a camp icon in map mode.. you can fast travel to camps at no cost and no penalty outside of combat and in combat you need to use the farcaster. But this one thing changed the game completely for me, I had no idea what the camps were good for until I realized this.

Currently though I am stuck on Nergigante... I find it apt console players call his attack pattern in the last 10% of health "tactical nukes".. what a stupidly designed fight. Find I have to cheese the game for the first time in a long while for this 1 fight. Every other monster I could handle because even if I died it was my fault, but sometimes the game just fucks with you and what should be clearly breaking his god damn spikes doesn't, even though my hammer does 1200 damage + 300 thunder I can't shatter any of his spikes consistently.

Blah ;/

News Comments > Morning Previews
6. Re: Morning Previews Aug 16, 2018, 18:43 eRe4s3r

Problem is, after Total War Warhammer all of these historic TW games bore me to tears. You can't have any experiences in historic games remotely comparable. Say, Just yesterday I played Beastmen hordes and to my surprise the Empire allied with me (i know, crazy, right?) and I ended up fighting a 5 (3 us, 2 enemy) stack battle with my ally near their capital to defend them from a high tier vampire army, AI clearly thought it could win this, didn't see one my armies camped in stealth but still in reinforcement range. It was dragons, monsters and abominations all the way while the empire sat on the walls shooting flaming death. First battle in the game in a long while that actually lasted the full 60 minutes for me, barely won by having my general basically "camp" hardcore style on the capture point of the capital defending against 2 vampire ladies all the while my shamans were throwing giant fists of doom from the sky to stop the Knights from doing much of anything.

Seriously, how could a historic game ever even come close to this? Oh great, I can click there and they make a spear wall.. wow... such amaze such greatness. And if the combat works same as in Napoleon I am skipperinoing this hard.

I hope it still is a great game at the end, but I won't be buying it on release or anywhere at full price. For everything this game offers, Warhammer is here and offers more. Vastly more with mods.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2018, 00:24 eRe4s3r

Well 2 things, good this ad was banned because FUCK JUMPSCARE ADS

but the 2nd thing.. who the hell is scared of nuns? Seems to me if you are a child you should be VERY afraid of priests.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 15, 2018, 17:52 eRe4s3r

WaltC wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 16:39:
Darks wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 10:11:
Microsoft will never learn to stop integrating the stupid browser into the OS.

I dont why they constantly fail to stop and listen to the customers.

Its beyond stupidity.

And it seems that some users as well will never learn that just because a program is included doesn't mean they have to use it...;) I loathe Edge--been a Windows Insider since 10/1/2014, when it started. Haven't used Edge more than 30 minutes the whole time--I prefer Firefox DE x64--it runs perfectly in Windows--no problems. It's just like "Paint" or the "Photo viewer"--you never have to use it if you don't want it, and there are absolutely no roadblocks in the OS to stop you from running whatever you want to run instead. Not a single one.

So...complaining that a program is included in the OS is a giant red-herring--it might be fine for governments needing back-door taxes like the struggling EU hitting Microsoft, Google, and Apple for something like a combined $25B in back-door taxes--for imaginary consumer sleights (note that none of these fines go to the alleged victims--they all go to the EUC--and the EUC lawyers make out like real bandits every time--get paid gigantic commissions.) Your info is way out of date and was never actually ever accurate in the first place, to tell the truth.

That's.... not how the EU anti-trust fines work. Like at all.

http://ec.europa.eu/competition/antitrust/legislation/fines.html
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-18-4581_en.htm

You have zero court recourse against a fine (you can argue the interpretation of the fines reason at best). If a enforcement fine is set you are violating article 81 or 82 of EU antitrust law and a fine only comes to bear if you refuse to accommodate the commissions request to stop this violation. Google has been ignoring the commission and is now facing 4.3bn fine, that is not a punishment, that is a fine to force google to comply within 90 days, should google NOT comply within 90 days (starting 18 July 2018) then punishment fines amounting to 5% of average daily income, PER DAY of violation, will be applied until the violation ceases.

The only way you gonna be facing such a fine is if you violate EU law ie, article 81 or 82

These fines go directly into the EU budget which is paid out nearly 100% to member states through subsidies and other programs. So we EU citizens do actually benefit from this twice

For giggles
EC treaty article 81
http://ec.europa.eu/competition/legislation/treaties/ec/art81_en.html

EC treaty article 82
http://ec.europa.eu/competition/legislation/treaties/ec/art82_en.html

News Comments > Koch Media Acquires Timesplitters and Second Sight
11. Re: Koch Media Acquires Timesplitters and Second Sight Aug 15, 2018, 17:02 eRe4s3r

All that aside. Second sight and Time Splitters were weird and unique games that deserve at least a remaster.  

News Comments > The Bard's Tale Trilogy Begins
7. Re: The Bard's Tale Trilogy Begins Aug 15, 2018, 01:30 eRe4s3r

MacLeod wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 22:19:
I can't remember which Bard's Tale I had, but all I remember is that every time I tried to play it, I would exit the inn, try to make my way through town (the box had a map of the town) to get to the first dungeon, and would keep getting attacked over and over, to the point that I would be completely screwed up by the time I got there, and would have to go to a temple instead.

You just summed up the first 2 Bards Tale games

News Comments > MONSTER HUNTER WORLD Sales Rise, Reviews Fall
19. Re: MONSTER HUNTER WORLD Sales Rise, Reviews Fall Aug 13, 2018, 21:45 eRe4s3r

Meanwhile I have seriously not a single issue with the game, performance is great, no crashes, no stuttering, smooth as a baby. I think for once in my life I am one of the few who have no issues at all with the game.

That said you either like these kind of games or you don't. Seems to be pretty hit and miss all things considered due to how the "grind" + "crafting" progression works together, though once you understand the game more grind becomes less because you realize you can revert weapons (to some extent) to get all materials back and thus easily change into another weapon class for example.

And speaking of weapon classes, really every weapon plays fundamentally different, for me HAMMER is where it's at, but it took a while to find which weapon I like and which weapon plays into my strengths with a controller (which is like anything but aiming ;p).

This game really REALLY could have used some less grind and a better tutorial though. Like explaining to people that you should never just kill stuff on exploration, you do this via investigations which gives you additional loot and money and more importantly, which gives you extra rewards when you capture the monsters to the point that you save yourself 3 hunts with 1 well placed investigation. Took me a while to figure that out too....

All in all I like the game

Needs to be repeated though, it takes much longer than 2 hours to find the weapon aka play-style that you like. Because often you can't judge a weapon and playstyle till you played with it for a while....

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
28. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 12, 2018, 20:34 eRe4s3r

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 16:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 16:09:
Rhett wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 15:50:
This really sounds like an Amazon/Lamestop/Wherever-it's-listed problem more than a publisher's problem. It's not like the publisher is supposed to get a cut of a private citizen's sale.

If what they listed was false in any way, and whoever bought it didn't get what they were told, then it's both Amazon and the seller's fault, and that's all it should be.

Bethesda is a publisher, so they control who can and can't sell something as "new". The real problem is how he listed it, should have been condition: "as good as new" . Honestly think this was a noob mistake by the guy, but you never know.
Bullshit. If the game hasn't been opened it's new. Fuck publishers trying to control who can and cannot sell their games. If a consumer buys a product and it isn't new as advertised then they take that up with the seller or the platform on which it was sold - that's how it's always worked.

It's pathetic that Bethesda would try to claim they're doing this to protect gamers. They're just trying to restrict sales that don't count towards their bottom line. Once a game has been sold if it's resold they don't get a cut and that's the only reason they're getting involved.

If you sell an unopened game it's reselling, which is not a right you have unless the trademark holder gave you permission. Don't like the law? Vote someone in power who changes it.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer
40. Re: DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer Aug 12, 2018, 16:11 eRe4s3r

SlimRam wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 15:05:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 14:42:
Doom is the kind of shooter I could play for maybe half an hour to blow off steam when I'm pissed at my boss or maybe if I were too drunk or drugged to be playing anything more engaging. Luckily I have an OK boss and I don't drink or do drugs so... yawn.
I got bored to tears just by watching this repetitive footage already. Might be cool for today's teenagers but it's way too been there done that (in the mid 1990s) for me. Gaming has evolved past this simpleton shit. Pass.
For some reason I'm almost shocked to hear you trash this game? Did you actually get to play any of it? Yeah, at first I thought it was just gonna be another shooter too. Once you start playing it though it starts to become more fluid and there's more motion to it and the killing is just amazing. Almost started to become an FPS ballet of death. Kind of awesome actually.

Exactly, playing Doom once you get the hang of it feels incredibly smooth. That said, you can also rush through in 6 hours or less....

12765 Comments. 639 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo