Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10297 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 6, 2016, 13:55 eRe4s3r

But since it's linked to Forbes (we really ought to not link there at all..) you only will see a nag-screen  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2016, 02:09 eRe4s3r

1badmf wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 00:35:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 15:22:
She was the PTA mom everyone knew. Who would want to harm her?

The schadenfreude is strong with this one.

man that was such a bizarre story, like, what is wrong with someone that they would risk an opulent life in the 'burbs in the name of petty revenge.

and, as a frequent visitor of irvine, it really is lowkey creepy urbanism as fuck.

Yeah that story followed me through the day... how insane do you have to be to try to destroy the life of a good person in such a fashion over such an incredible minor thing (calling her son "slow" as in, slow to queue up, day dreaming). Both of them should have been committed into an asylum and the children put in foster care. The destruction of their careers is imo not even 20% of the required punishment, what they did was not just a crime, it was the absolute highest form of maliciousness. And the joke is they do not even admit it... even after all this time, they do NOT ADMIT IT.

Bah

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
10. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 5, 2016, 12:58 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 16:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 15:18:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 14:49:
Yeah, waiting for VR headset price drops. Maybe with a little more competition in the market.

I think the far greater issue is the price of a 1080... which is essentially required for proper VR and isn't even half-way future proof for VR gen2

Yup. I gotta add $400 to the price of any VR headset because my 670 ain't gonna cut it.

The joke is so far, I have not encountered any game that my 670 can't handle "kinda OK" still (not at MAX everything, but so what)... one hell of a great card and one of my best purchases ever, this Phenom II 1055T on the other hand bites me regularly in the ass with it's lack of SSSE3.0 and SSE 4 instructions (that extra S stands for supplemental, and yeah, that is really a thing)

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
13. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 4, 2016, 15:47 eRe4s3r

So 4 to 5 years dev time? Is pretty much standard for a big AAA project with from scratch engine (re)development... they shuffled CryEngine to something that is only CryEngine in name  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 4, 2016, 15:43 eRe4s3r

Gamefront mods (though with no proper categories.. which makes it really hard to know wtf anything of it is).. are already on the Nexus...  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 4, 2016, 15:18 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 14:49:
Yeah, waiting for VR headset price drops. Maybe with a little more competition in the market.

I think the far greater issue is the price of a 1080... which is essentially required for proper VR and isn't even half-way future proof for VR gen2

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 4, 2016, 10:11 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 05:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 16:20:
Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 14:14:
Agreed. I can read books all day long but reading off monitors, tablets, etc. tires me out fast.

As a counter to that... since I got my tablet I read about 4000 book pages a month. Can't notice any difference in tiring me faster or slower than books. To the contrary, since I can set a larger font and don't have to mess around with bookmarks and such nonsense. Or lifting the dang things.

I think the major thing where this comes into play is that as a relatively younger person compared to my parents I don't consider books a thing of value to own, I just want to read them, like a flatrate streaming service.. (now there is an idea..) and you don't really have any real world physical equivalent of that unless you have a library close nearby, that actually has a proper selection to boot (which is a real rarity nowadays...).

Also as a German, there comes another problem with reading old books (pre 1940) and that is Sütterlin... ( http://www.suetterlinschrift.de/Lese/Alphabet.gif )

So, uh, which pre-1940 books are you interested in reading? My Struggle with your comment is that a particular one comes to mind...

Don't know where to even being
Mein Kampf was not ever written in Sütterlin
Sütterlin was used by German and Jewish-German authors, 194x it was banned a ban which later was enforced very harshly. Most of these books exist as scans as part of historical archives and are literally unreadable nowadays unless you know Sütterlin, since OCR software (obviously) does not know Sütterlin either you are left with unreadable historical artifacts that link directly to literature history of Germany especially of non-nazi literature sources. As no Nazi would have ever used Sütterlin

Aka, most of the German literature history is unreadable for (most) Germans. And Mein Kampf was republished with comments just last year. So would be no problem to read it.

This law which was enacted by the Nazi's is one of the main reasons most "cheap" literature that was very popular in the 1800's and 1900's is not available for reading nowadays. A few select examples are converted into modern font though, but it still leaves you with a book that uses words that most Germans have problems understanding nowadays, and which are not written in the "Duden" and which even the Internet often does not know

Point being, if it's an e-book you can read it, as font translation works 1:1 , but if it is a scan or a paper book, you can't read shit. And I have a dozen books from before 1900... ;p I can't read any of them even though they are in German.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2016, 10:19.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 3, 2016, 16:20 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 14:14:
Agreed. I can read books all day long but reading off monitors, tablets, etc. tires me out fast.

As a counter to that... since I got my tablet I read about 4000 book pages a month. Can't notice any difference in tiring me faster or slower than books. To the contrary, since I can set a larger font and don't have to mess around with bookmarks and such nonsense. Or lifting the dang things.

I think the major thing where this comes into play is that as a relatively younger person compared to my parents I don't consider books a thing of value to own, I just want to read them, like a flatrate streaming service.. (now there is an idea..) and you don't really have any real world physical equivalent of that unless you have a library close nearby, that actually has a proper selection to boot (which is a real rarity nowadays...).

Also as a German, there comes another problem with reading old books (pre 1940) and that is Sütterlin... ( http://www.suetterlinschrift.de/Lese/Alphabet.gif )

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2016, 16:28.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Free and Paid DLC
10. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free and Paid DLC Sep 2, 2016, 14:07 eRe4s3r

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 13:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 11:43:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 11:27:
They didn't fuck up with the beastmen dlc? Are you referring to price? I've gotten a good 70 hours out of Beastmen DLC for 28$ canadian.. its worth the cash.

Nah, as a major Warhammer fan, I refer to the unit roster being like swiss cheese aka full of holes and the mini campaign totally halfassed nonsense + an AI faction that, if you don't play beastmen yourself, barely manages to survive 10 turns. Also the beastmen don't have a "waagh" in the lore... so wth is their army meter acting like the orcish one?

What the heavens did you do 70 hours with beastmen btw? play and complete the grand campaign? If so, kudos, but yeah I should have clarified

First and Foremost, the game shouldn't have to mirror exact lore because that would make it not fun and workable in this type of game.

Lots of factions don't have boardgame units because well, it needs to be balanced to the other factions and fun.

Empire Knights destroying your Ungor heards? Put some spearmen up.... Heavily Armored Dwarves wrecking your ungors/gors because of lack of armor piercing? Get some giants/minotaurs/beastigors going.

I keep seeing on another forum I go to all these boardgame fools complaining about how it doesn't follow the lore exactly.
As someone who:
-hasn't played Warhammer fantasy boardgame ever
-Played a couple total war games that i really didn't enjoy that much

This game is incredibly fun, i'm a couple hundred hours into this and it's really delaying my Deus Ex series playthrough because I'm just not finished with the amount of content it has.

Last night, started my Chaos run.. got curb stomped at turn 50 on very hard. Made a couple bad moves stretching myself too thin against the norsecans which you have to beat down into submission. Well that really weakened them and maybe I should have gone elsewhere.

Yeah the game is a lot of fun But I am not talking about board-game, I am talking about lore relevant units, units that would make your beastmen actually part of the world and give you real options in battles. A few of them might be really expensive (animation and art wise) to put into the game though, and that is really the only reason they are not in I guess.

And for Skaven that is just such a diverse race that it would be really sad if they didn't go that extra mile to make it a proper addition to the world, and not just 2 stacks sitting in nowhere.

Btw, from a Warhammer game you should expect that people want it to follow the Warhammer lore at least somewhat

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 2, 2016, 13:43 eRe4s3r

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 13:30:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 13:15:
If the Illuminati are the circle of peeps we see throughout the game, but especially during the subspace communication hack then we already know at least 3 of their names... director of Manderly (FEMA), Bob Page (Picus) and whoever the boss of our boss in TF29 was.. I forgot who actually.. dang it.

Unless that was a giant red herring and I fell for it

Wait... have you actually never played the original Deus Ex? Or has it just been a long time and you've forgotten the character names?

The latter ;p

TL;DR, I (really, REALLY) suck at remembering names of characters in games

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month
8. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 13:15 eRe4s3r

If the Illuminati are the circle of peeps we see throughout the game, but especially during the subspace communication hack then we already know at least 3 of their names... director of Manderly (FEMA), Bob Page (Picus) and whoever the boss of our boss in TF29 was.. I forgot who actually.. dang it.

Unless that was a giant red herring and I fell for it

8. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free and Paid DLC Sep 2, 2016, 11:43 eRe4s3r

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 11:27:
They didn't fuck up with the beastmen dlc? Are you referring to price? I've gotten a good 70 hours out of Beastmen DLC for 28$ canadian.. its worth the cash.

Nah, as a major Warhammer fan, I refer to the unit roster being like swiss cheese aka full of holes and the mini campaign totally halfassed nonsense + an AI faction that, if you don't play beastmen yourself, barely manages to survive 10 turns. Also the beastmen don't have a "waagh" in the lore... so wth is their army meter acting like the orcish one?

What the heavens did you do 70 hours with beastmen btw? play and complete the grand campaign? If so, kudos, but yeah I should have clarified

Skaven are my favorite faction in Warhammer because diplomacy and backstabbing go hand in hand with them. They would be the most fun to play imo.

To further clarify, the way they implemented beastmen (after Skaven the most numerous enemy according to lore) makes me worry they are gonna half-ass Skaven as some kind of 2 stack 1 city faction
and not the sprawling and diverse clans (Each clan has a *billion* and more members) they are... that, and their need for warpstone absolutely need to be a thing in the campaign. In fact warpstone SHOULD be a thing in the game already, but it absolutely and totally has to be for Skaven to make any sense. ;p

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2016, 12:19.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 2, 2016, 11:40 eRe4s3r

Yeah the salt is strong with this one (whoever it is that talks for AT&T)  

6. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free and Paid DLC Sep 2, 2016, 08:21 eRe4s3r

Yeah at this point I am waiting for a major sale on these, 50% or more... and hopefully they don't fuck up the Skaven DLC as they did with the beastmen..  

News Comments > VR Funhouse Mod Editor
8. Re: VR Funhouse Mod Editor Sep 2, 2016, 05:55 eRe4s3r

This might be the first time a GPU company and their demo team created something awesome, because that looks indeed pretty awesome, and from what I hear is the best VR TECH demonstration there is currently.  

News Comments > BT Steamed at Valve: Suing
2. Re: BT Steamed at Valve: Suing Sep 1, 2016, 10:36 eRe4s3r

Peter M. Smith wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 10:23:
They also note that the concepts presented are broad enough that BT could (and perhaps will) sue companies like Twitch and YouTube over the same issues.

Or the courts will find that these were improperly granted patents, owing to many cases of prior art being presented at trial.

Just another step towards the abolishment of patent trolls and this absurd patent hoarding like WMD's. In the recent years, has the patent system actually done ANY good?

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Plans
3. Re: Wireless HTC Vive Plans Sep 1, 2016, 10:24 eRe4s3r

TangledThorns wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 10:06:
Besides price wireless is what will help sell VR.

But not if it runs over WIFI, which is notoriously known for random latency spikes.

News Comments > EA Service Outages
8. Re: EA Service Outages Sep 1, 2016, 08:12 eRe4s3r

Have to agree with you.. D/C is the only point where there is any action.. who designed this? Any desert map in BF4 is better  

News Comments > Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released
7. Re: Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released Aug 30, 2016, 23:31 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 23:09:
I played so much of the original game that I can't find the interest required to play the DLC. I started Far Harbor and even started a game with the survival mode or whatever, but it feels pointless. It did the same thing with Fallout 3 and NV. I ate up all the Skyrim DLC though. Don't know why that is.

It's because the game has no real "hook" and the setting is (imo) far worse/formulaic than even Fallout 3

Well.. as I said, that is why I think that happens. Happened to me too

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 29, 2016, 23:18 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 18:30:
One thing I don't get is why no one has come up with monitors without frames on the sides and the ability to link/lock them together vs the what we have today.

The reason is that LCD's don't use glass panes and so the visible surface foil has no own stability without a frame, a frame in which the backlight reflectors sit. But really this is a good question with OLED screens, OLED shouldn't need a frame/backlight whatsoever. So really good question actually... I would assume with OLED's and within 5~ years you gonna see flexible screens with no frame-gap

10297 Comments. 515 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo