Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9870 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
50. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 8, 2016, 03:13 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on May 8, 2016, 01:13:
RedEye9 wrote on May 7, 2016, 09:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 7, 2016, 09:34:
Hopefully the 1070 will be affordable and actually ship in quantity...

You would be better off if you hoped for world peace.

Meh, the 970s fell to $300 pretty quickly after release.

300 to 400$ would be a really good price (if that were ) for a card that could potentially outperform a 980TI

Either way, to me it's far more relevant that the cards get more efficient at doing their thing, less power hunger and less heat.. etc.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
2. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 7, 2016, 09:34 eRe4s3r

Hopefully the 1070 will be affordable and actually ship in quantity...  

News Comments > Vampire Bloodlines TMed
13. Re: Vampire Bloodlines TMed May 7, 2016, 06:41 eRe4s3r

rudra wrote on May 7, 2016, 06:15:

not sure where you get this shit

You obviously never played the game on release... or maybe you were just lucky..

And in case you lack reading skills, I said "my first impressions were abysmal"

I had literally every issue listed in the patch notes.

If you played this without issues, good for you but I don't care about your experience

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Announced
15. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 01:12 eRe4s3r

Pr()ZaC wrote on May 6, 2016, 21:31:
I know how you feel.
I've stopped playing (vanilla) BF2 as I saw the player fragmentation due to DLCs.

Speaking of player fragmentation (BF4), to this day I haven't found a single server that has the community map, night map and the legacy map all together in the rotation.. lmao..

And you know why? Because Dice, in the INFINITE STUPIDITY, made the downloads for that optional and hidden in the depths of the cash-shop / DLC menu in Origin itself, (fragmenting everyone another 3 times over potentially). And you know what happens when server switches to it when you don't have it?

You crash, as in, "This application has stopped working"

Dunno who to blame for that, Dice or EA? Does it even matter?

Ps.: And WW1 is also my least favorite scenario of all the possibilities.. sigh.. fuck I'd be more hyped for a decent modern WW2 shooter...

News Comments > Vampire Bloodlines TMed
9. Re: Vampire Bloodlines TMed May 7, 2016, 01:07 eRe4s3r

What killed Troika games was an absolute broken mess shipped on release.... and no amount of mods can fix THAT first impression (which I had on release, by the way... got stuck literally in that boss fight in the warehouse with no weapon....)

Even with all the polish and redux mods for Bloodlines, the game is still INCREDIBLY rough to play... but that's not something modders can fix short of completely using a new (or at least more modern version of Source) engine.

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Title Revealed?
41. Re: Battlefield 5 Title Revealed? May 6, 2016, 22:13 eRe4s3r

Is it odd that for me, ww1 is a no-buy argument? I couldn't imagine a worse setting for a battlefield game (from a gameplay standpoint) well, that's a lie, because I could, and that would be cops vs robbers.... .. I'd rather have Battlefield Wh40k than this...

Also they open this with xbone exclusivity deals.. uh, how about no thanks? The last console shooter (BF4) needed 2 god damn years for the invulnerability bug to be patched. Netcode, 3 years in the process they fucked up the dedicated server software which now has all kinds of weird as shit issues when you increase the tickrate above 30.. sigh.

In between COD and BF, isn't there a decent shooter anywhere to be had?

News Comments > Project CARS: Game of the Year Edition
3. Re: Project CARS: Game of the Year Edition May 6, 2016, 17:35 eRe4s3r

Imo the best of the various sim racers currently out....

But like all of them (for some absurd reason??) no proper racing rules for time trials, races, pit stops etc. I do not think it's too much to ask to have a toggle for F1 / DTM / Nascar / other class rules.. but apparently it really is...

News Comments > Battlefield Teaser Trailer; Announcement Tomorrow
21. Re: Battlefield Teaser Trailer; Announcement Tomorrow May 5, 2016, 22:27 eRe4s3r

Agent.X7 wrote on May 5, 2016, 21:58:
I take consolation from the fact that whatever it is, it CAN'T be as bad as Hardlines.

Is what we all thought, then came Star Wars Battlefront

News Comments > Battlefield Teaser Trailer; Announcement Tomorrow
18. Re: Battlefield Teaser Trailer; Announcement Tomorrow May 5, 2016, 21:43 eRe4s3r

Please don't be WW1....  

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Opens
38. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 19:39 eRe4s3r

No ping display and VERY console feeling... yeah there is a FOV slider, but good luck running this on a nonstandard aspect ratio or when you encounter a lagging server instance (in a 6v6 game, mind you)

so after 6 hours I uninstalled this Is about as fun as a live vasectomy

Btw, to those saying this needs a good team, yeah, and that's the problem, personal skill makes zero difference if you have a team that coordinates on a pub vs your own that doesn't. So wtf is the point of even playing this? At least on BF4 you can still have fun when your team is losing (usually) but in this, the rounds are so quickly over that 1 or 2 misplays of even half your team and it's over.. this is typical ADHD console garbage imo.. with the settings menu of a PC, but the gameplay of destiny essentially... some are gonna like that, personally I don't.

Caveat: I hated TF2 already... so I was expecting this

This comment was edited on May 5, 2016, 21:39.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta
11. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta May 5, 2016, 14:42 eRe4s3r

So no multiplayer racing in a competitive racing game? (it's absent from the feature list.....)

Let me guess, UWP apps can't do MP ?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial
26. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial May 5, 2016, 05:51 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on May 5, 2016, 05:10:
I'd suggest not to waste your time with the Trial. Watch this review if you want to get an impression of what you're missing:

https://youtu.be/3gnt5NJuIuw

It's my own Vince Verdict review some of you may have already watched, though =) Not sure if it's tasteless to promote my own video. Sorry if it is.

Why would it be tasteless when it fits the topic? ^^

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial
24. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial May 5, 2016, 04:15 eRe4s3r

SW ToR is definitely the poster child of "bad" free to play... I mean it doesn't even work as a hook, I played it free up to some point and then just got bored mainly because there were at best 10 people around in the starter areas... and at least when I played, creating a group was also not possible since as you may have noticed, there is a giant gaping hole in that slot for "chat" and yes, that is not a joke, but the game f2p implementation is, sadly ;/

I know I shouldn't expect anything without paying anything, but chat limitation was annoying as hell and actually made the "free" element extremely annoying

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization May 4, 2016, 23:43 eRe4s3r

Just testing posting.. accidentally cleared my cookie ~.~  

News Comments > Steam Customer Review Changes
14. Re: Steam Customer Review Changes May 4, 2016, 02:35 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on May 3, 2016, 22:53:
I'll never understand why reviews aren't out of 10. We live in a base 10 world. It's easier - and a hell of a lot more useful - to change scores later on, as well as judge a game that's a 3/10 vs. 7/10. instead of just yes or no.

But a recommendation doesn't have 10 shades of grey... either you recommend a game or you don't. That itself is subjective, but the recommendation is a binary choice, not a base 10 rating decision.

Sadly many people on Steam writing these things misunderstand what they are actually for... but oh well, that's Steam.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced
6. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced May 3, 2016, 21:17 eRe4s3r

Not gameplay but.. wow.. that trailer is the stuff...  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
18. Re: New GeForce Drivers May 3, 2016, 13:00 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on May 3, 2016, 02:54:
I've been running a EVGA GTX 970 and haven't had any problems except that Logitech software seemed to conflict with it under Windows 10 64bit.

What cards are you folks running that are having problems?

I am on a 670GTX on Windows 7, so it's well possible nvidia is "helpfully breaking" my card in later drivers to force me to upgrade ~.~

Paranoia aside, obviously every install it's a clean install. 365 has been a total nightmare, driver crashes, youtube playback being bonkers, even streaming is weird. In 362 I noticed wonky graphic issues in certain games... so back to 361 it was for me. For some reason this was the last driver where EVERYTHING actually worked fine. Maybe it's because I also do 3d design so when I say "other" issues I also mean OpenGL related render issues.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 3, 2016, 12:55 eRe4s3r

Pretty sure if you ever had to truly "clean" your fancy keyboard you would NOT ever eat at your pc ever again ;p  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews May 3, 2016, 12:53 eRe4s3r

Because in space, nobody can hear you scream, obviously.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
7. Re: New GeForce Drivers May 3, 2016, 00:27 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on May 3, 2016, 00:20:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 2, 2016, 20:35:
No Nvidia hardware and no driver in this world is ready for another UWP garbage app.

There, I fixed it for you.

I've been continually rolling back my nVidia drivers to something from 6 months ago, it's the only stable release. x19.91 or some shit, i can't remember.

All I know is that this has been the worst driver streak big green has gone through in a long ass time.

I actually have the same issue and it's driving me insane.

I am on 361.41 which was the driver where stuff actually worked for me fine and ever since 362 I've had TONS of issues, with 365 driver regularly crashed and this didn't just crash the driver, but broke html5 video playback on youtube (and other stuff) ... so reverted and don't plan on updating ~.~

Dunno what they did in 362 and onward but it's gotten worse and worse

9870 Comments. 494 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo