Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11414 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Aug 6, 2017, 11:22 eRe4s3r

Venezuela like Somalia, is only a nation in name.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2017, 11:15 eRe4s3r

SlimRam wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 00:17:
Venezuela 2017 = United States 2018

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke

Or:

"It took a revolution to start this country, and it will take a revolution to save it."

My Grandfather

Good luck leading a revolution against a police state.... (Turkey comes to mind) you'd be a terrorist, and not a revolutionary.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Video Catch-up
4. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Catch-up Aug 6, 2017, 11:06 eRe4s3r

When I am being honest I can't tell a damn difference to Borderlands 2 or 1.... it looks brown.. yay. And yeh, I also think it looks butt-ugly, UE4 has a weird look to it that I really start to dislike.

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 2017, 11:16.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2017, 14:59 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 14:19:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 11:06:
crash between train and limousine
that will buff out

I hate to say it, but the way the limo was perfectly centered on the track almost makes it seem intentional. I mean, what are the odds? A foot in either direction and the limo gets shunted to one side or the other, not pushed a quarter mile down the track.

Dunno if staged, but such an incline can be incredibly deceptive from the perspective of a driver....

Video is 2 years old btw... Reddit....

News Comments > Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight
12. Re: Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight Aug 5, 2017, 14:44 eRe4s3r

Saboth wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 11:51:
I've been in and out of the forums for this game for 2 days now. I had it on my wish list, but never paid attention to it. There's a lot of things going on.

1. Apparently there's some group that is against the developer and is buying the game, leaving bad reviews, then refunding it.
2. The developer is supposedly far alt-right, with a doomsday bunker, etc., so people are using that against him.
3. The game is priced at $40, which seems far too high to me. Divinity Original Sin 2 comes out soon, at $45.
4. The Dev says the game is selling well and has sold a thousand copies. I wonder how many copies he would have sold at $15 or $25?

Due to some reports of bugs, no manual, confusing game play and stratospheric price, I think I'm going to hold off, even though this game does seem interesting. The developer also swears he will never ever lower the price below 10% off (but he strikes me of something as and eccentric loony type).

Well, you really gotta be an eccentric loony to spend 20 years on a game...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 5, 2017, 13:44 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 11:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 11:34:

In my neck of the woods inflicting harm or not helping when a person is in need gets you into trouble. But the USA has always been focused on "freedom" and less on "protection" with their laws. The case of those 5 black youths laughing as someone was dying is a good example of something that you would have a hard time to pursue even in Germany, yeah you could get them into trouble for not helping, but being a total inhuman asshole is not illegal sadly.

In this case however, she did plan the murder and convinced the dude to go through with it, that's a totally different legal situation. Helping someone to kill himself IS actually illegal.

Germany doesn't have a criminal negligence standard? If that case happened in Canada, that's what they'd be charged with. An example from here would be the women who stopped her car on a curve to help ducks cross the road, and killed 2 people. It's one of the reasons that Good Samaritan laws exist as well, to protect people who do assist someone and causes harm.

Not quite, counseling suicide is illegal. It didn't meet that standard, though that might change if it hits an appeals court too.

It does have criminal negligence laws, and good samaritian laws, but your example would not fall under those I think. In Germany that women stopping the car in such a way would be charged with various things, stopping car on the road alone and not securing the road properly with markings can get you into huge problems. If people die you are basically fucked. Though it depends on the judge. The intent isn't so important, it's whether you could have known that what you do can cause death and destruction. If you take that risk and you do what you do, then it isn't negligence. Although again, depends on the case and judge....

And those youths, well, when someone is in a lake and drowns it gets tricky, you can't be forced to bring yourself into mortal danger to rescue someone. You gotta call the relevant number and services but aside that... you can't be legally touched for cheering or being an asshole, as long as you don't impede the rescue efforts. Again, *yet* this can easily change if a big enough case gets into German perception at a time with nothing else going on.

As for this case here in particular, I am not actually sure whether it'd be illegal or not... but if she is attested with a severe psychological problem she can get punishments far worse than jail. With intent to heal, but that doesn't make that any more pleasent.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2017, 12:16 eRe4s3r

I must have played too much KSP, but to me a solar eclipse is a total turn-off. Better hope you got some charged batteries on that ship because solar isn't gonna do you a lot when you launch at night INTO an eclipse and then also synchronize with it by accident during your trip to another planet.

And yeah, that can happen (the game starts with the planets aligned just so that a few weeks after game start an eclipse will occur.

12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 5, 2017, 11:34 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 09:26:
1badmf wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 00:51:
absolutely wrong. free speech is not unlimited. inciting harm is absolutely against the law.

Maybe in your neck of the woods, in mine too. In the US, it requires a higher standard. This doesn't meet that standard, if you believe otherwise then it's simple. Prove it, because you're going to have one hell of a time getting around the case precedents that say otherwise.

The thing is this isn't just a prosecutor trying to make a name for themselves, this is also a case of the judge creating laws from the bench because of agenda surfing. The current hot topic agenda: "cyber bullying" of course.

In my neck of the woods inflicting harm or not helping when a person is in need gets you into trouble. But the USA has always been focused on "freedom" and less on "protection" with their laws. The case of those 5 black youths laughing as someone was dying is a good example of something that you would have a hard time to pursue even in Germany, yeah you could get them into trouble for not helping, but being a total inhuman asshole is not illegal sadly.

In this case however, she did plan the murder and convinced the dude to go through with it, that's a totally different legal situation. Helping someone to kill himself IS actually illegal.

News Comments > Oculus Home Warms to Steam
1. Re: Oculus Home Warms to Steam Aug 5, 2017, 11:16 eRe4s3r

I wonder how many internal heads had to roll to push that change in policy through... because I can't believe that was a simple decision. Facebook basically surrenders the PC market with this.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 4, 2017, 18:25 eRe4s3r

MajorD wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 18:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 14:58:
MajorD you just need to break down those barriers you put up.

If it makes it better, think of it as a competition and at that time things work better in our heads. All the same otherwise, tripping up on a word.

I know when I played games at a competitive level locally, things got mighty intense. More like a race driver feel than a football one.

Horroscope, I have no barriers to break down on my side. If you want to call me defending the definition of "sport" a barrier, then I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

Additionally, as Nucas pointed out, cyberathlete. I forgot about that one, which also defies the true definition of an "Athlete".

Definitions from the dictionary:

Sport:

noun

An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Athlete

noun

A person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

Again, I agree with you that video game matches can be very competitive and intense, especially organized ones that have a lot of visibility, but they're not a sport.

Uhuhhhh

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/esports?s=t

noun
(usually used with a plural verb) competitive tournaments of video games, especially among professional gamers.
adjective
of or relating to esports: an esports event;
esports gambling.

Notice the word does not contradict the meaning of the word "sports"

esports is own word, own dictionary entry, and own meaning.

Don't like it? Well sorry to say, but deal with it Wouldn't be the first word that piggy-bags onto another word but has completely different meaning. It's why English is a odd language for a German, we just call it "Wettkampf" and problem solved. (Meaning e-sports is a "Wettkampf", not a "Sport" in German)

TL;DR As German I am so used to compound words that shift meaning of the 2nd word (sometimes completely) that I don't find an issue with e-sports.

And yes, there is no real english translation for "Wettkampf" you could translate it to competition, but that isn't really what the word can mean. A Wettkampf is competition where you can lose or win, not at all only physical activities. You can have a "Wettkampf" in reading quickly or writing neatly.

So basically, to me e-sports means "Elektronischer Wettkampf" and that is perfectly legit, the meaning of "sports" as stand-alone word has no bearing ^^

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2017, 18:40.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 4, 2017, 15:50 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 09:04:
Bixby is literally just a broken button on my phone, that's how useless it is.

Thanks to the article I learned that I can use contextual queries within Google Assistant.. honestly didn't know that. Tested it and it works (in German) amazingly well.. so there is that

Now if my neighbor could do the same, maybe we'd get along.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 4, 2017, 15:24 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 22:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 21:54:
Well if the FBI under Trump says it then it must be true, right?

(hint: sarcasm)
you'll like this

Hot damn, ANOTHER leak?

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 4, 2017, 15:15 eRe4s3r

What's shark cards?  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 4, 2017, 15:08 eRe4s3r

Rhett wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 14:53:
TF2 isn't dead though.. It just had a massive free update with a PVE mode and a new map, and it revitalized the game for a lot of people.

It's been getting free content since release even. All DLC is free, only paid stuff is some extra skins so far. And I think it was $15 recently? (also available to try for cheap on that Origin Access, along with other stuff - $5 to play it for a month or so)

They say in that interview that no new content will come and they "moved on"

That's the very definition of dead

Also I played it during its free period, how else do you think I know that in my region this game is deader than dead. Even for *FREE* there were barely 200 people in my region.

And if you wanted to play anthing other than attrition there was 1 or 2 games at best, 1 or 2... ONE OR TWO.

The game was dead during free period and it's dead now, especially if you ever wanted to play CTF (which I think is the ONLY fun mode in Titan Fall....)

*that's on PC, obviously. I don't play shooters on a console

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 4, 2017, 14:38 eRe4s3r

I still think this is one of these cases where jail and probation don't work at all, she is mentally disabled to the extreme and needs to be put in a psychiatric ward... for healing, but maybe also to keep her from the public.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 4, 2017, 14:34 eRe4s3r

No new content for Titan Fall 2 also means the game is officially "dropped" now.. and as dead (on PC) as TF1... I didn't buy TF2 because as already was said, why buy into this knowing that it will be dead in less than 6 months no matter the promises of content and what not. And pricing it as they did was a huge mistake, I went for BF1 and that was my AAA buy of the month, TF2 could sod right off pricing itself at 60 on Origin, lmao. Which is 20 more than I paid for BF1 (absurdly enough)

And if they wanted to sell me the campaign, maybe they shouldn't have made it a bog-standard linear romp, and instead something unique, craaaazy idea huh?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2017, 13:43 eRe4s3r

At least in Dubai, you can clearly see that the fire protection worked, furnace effect still formed, but it couldn't cross-spread.

Still an entire part of the building you can now throw away... maybe next time, someone plans for furnace effects within insulation instead of hoping the fire deterrent materials stop a cross-spread...

That said, Maybe don't mount fucking gasoline as insulation to your skyscraper

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 3, 2017, 21:54 eRe4s3r

Well if the FBI under Trump says it then it must be true, right?

(hint: sarcasm)

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 3, 2017, 21:37 eRe4s3r

another thing that tracks your browsing history is Web of Trust , yes, the "privacy" addon, be sure you are not using that.  

News Comments > Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Announced
2. Re: Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Announced Aug 3, 2017, 13:17 eRe4s3r

For money or for free?  

11414 Comments. 571 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo