Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9966 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Elevator Jun 17, 2016, 20:23 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 16:37:
"And we're done! Phew, great job getting this building up so quickly guys!"
"Umm, boss, we kinda forgot to put an elevator in."
"Shit! Just take out those closets and put it in there."

There is no way on this planet that that is deemed acceptable by ANY fire marshall in ANY country. Even North Korea would balk at that.

This is in France Seen something very similar there in what was a day-hostel (but 6 stories high)... have to assume they do not have any building safety standards.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: You Want Tastier Coffee? Freeze Beans, Then Grind Jun 17, 2016, 19:55 eRe4s3r

I do the same thing.. I vary and even mix various sorts and the taste constantly changes through that.. makes you appreciate if you find a blend that tastes really well (to me non of the standard blends taste well).. but it's depending on my mood, so more variation means better tasting coffee....  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Rise of the Terrans Released
12. Re: Civilizations III Rise of the Terrans Released Jun 17, 2016, 14:29 eRe4s3r

MattyC wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 03:53:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 22:59:
I contracted on Civ III back in 2001- it would be amazingly awesome if they released an expansion for it 15 years later, but I think we used 3dsmax4... not sure if that's Windows 10 compatible.

Unless something has changed or I am slowly going crazy you could render the units (if that is what you are talking about) however you wanted. It was still more or less sprite based. You could create 3d models and use those as the basis for sprites, but what you ended up using was just PCX files w/ transparency ini files, and flc files IIRC. Flc was an autodesk format, but they didn't lock it down like .max. Again, this is just what I remember from playing around with modding the game so I could be off after so many years.

Those sprites were made by rendering the 3d models + animations though with very specific guidelines, and recreating those is like remaking the entire art assets. And since then max format changed considerably...

What you see as modder is the output of the render pipeline, the actual art assets were 3d models that were then polished up post export. Recreating that is near impossible even with the source files... so an addon for civ 3 would be pretty much impossible to actually do nowadays. well... at least if you wanted matching art styles.

News Comments > F1 2016 in August
2. Re: F1 2016 in August Jun 16, 2016, 23:54 eRe4s3r

It's definitely youtube.. dunno if you noticed it lately but video quality took a giant nosedive for certain content. Feels like they changed encoding settings internally ;(  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jun 16, 2016, 18:29 eRe4s3r

But does Steam want MS back? ;p  

3. Coffee Jun 16, 2016, 11:25 eRe4s3r

What is extremely hot coffee? If I can drink it it's not "extremely hot" now is it...  

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Video
11. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Video Jun 16, 2016, 01:09 eRe4s3r

1badmf wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 01:05:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 00:30:
SlimRam wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 23:23:
I played the last 3 games a ridiculous, almost embarrassing amount and loved every damn minute of it. More Mass Effect can NEVER be a bad thing!
Long as they don't offer the 3 coloured endings and give everyone a hearty "fuck you" over it, I'll be happy with a new ME game.

tbf there was the hearty fuck you and then the mea culpa with the revised ending and free ending DLCs. doesn't make up for the shit ending, but hopefully they learn from that nonsense this time around.

Or you can get the ending mod from the nexus.. only ending I could accept as canon. ^^

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Rise of the Terrans Released
5. Re: Civilizations III Rise of the Terrans Released Jun 16, 2016, 00:41 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 22:59:
I contracted on Civ III back in 2001- it would be amazingly awesome if they released an expansion for it 15 years later, but I think we used 3dsmax4... not sure if that's Windows 10 compatible.

To be honest I'd be more amazed if any of those source files still existed to begin with. Kudos to you for working on that game btw ,)

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Video
4. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Video Jun 15, 2016, 22:18 eRe4s3r

Gonna be nice to finally have another main char as well And well, I loved ME 1 to 3.. and this one will be no exception I think.  

News Comments > The Division Underground Details
13. Re: The Division Underground Details Jun 15, 2016, 21:39 eRe4s3r

Phasenoise wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 12:47:
It's waaaay too heavily tilted towards rogues, specifically rape ambush gangs.

I'd be totally down with fun shootouts against rogues. But, that basically never occurs due to the mechanics which overwhelmingly favor ambush ganks.

So yeah, I don't bother going in the Gank Zones anymore, it's just absurd.

Not like you couldn't have predicted this though I mean that was even shown during their very first pseudo narrated gameplay video

News Comments > Elder Scrolls VI in Development
78. Re: Elder Scrolls VI in Development Jun 15, 2016, 09:59 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 16:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 16:11:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 16:05:
Beamer wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 15:52:
But even when it came out, Oblivion wasn't the best looking game. Far from it. But it was one of the biggest. Burnout Revenge, which came out the same time, was much prettier, but had so much less going on.

In my opinion, the forests in Oblivion were better than they are now in Skyrim. I realize that the screenshots below do a poor job of comparing both games, and that my mind may be playing tricks, but I feel that in general, the Oblivion forests that I remember were denser and the trees/grass fuller.

Oblivion
Skyrim

Just a couple of things.

1. Oblivion takes place in a lusher area, so you might expect that it'd be greener and fuller.

2. The screenshot you posted looks like the modded forest. Look at this image comparing vanilla Oblivion to modded Oblivion.

I'm pretty sure that that's a vanilla Oblivion screenshot. It's one of the first screenshots released for the game. Maybe there was a downgrade after that, but I feel that Oblivion delivered back then.

Yeah, it's one of the 2 "forests" screenshots Bethesda released close to the release of the game to hype us: Official screenshots

Forest in Oblivion looks like that when you push grass density up and enable optional shadows though... but not on consoles obviously.

As for Skyrim, I thought the game looked incredibly ugly.. but graphics aren't everything

8. Re: Elder Scrolls VI in Development Jun 14, 2016, 11:06 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 10:59:
I believe they have mentioned possible new technology in the past and then still reverted back to their common engine. Just saying. 2017? I think his words sound well past 2017 even.

Well if they develop like any big studio this should already have been in (back-burner) development since Skyrim (2011). If they decided a new engine is needed, this would certainly explain why for Fallout 4 they pushed GameBryo to it's last legs despite saying they work on a new engine, since realistically there would not be any other way for Fallout 4 to have been released otherwise... developing an entirely new custom engine with that kind of feature set could easily take 7 years. So yeah. Probably not even 2017. But what is damn sure is that if they take that time for a new engine it will be something that blows our minds. Since it would mean they need some kind of feature that is not existent nor possible in gamebryo (likely AI / threading / world related)

All that said, as long as this isn't a MMO I am hyped.

News Comments > Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed
1. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed Jun 14, 2016, 10:42 eRe4s3r

The good thing about game announcements with Windows 10 is that I can easily tell which game I will never buy ;p

While I do have Windows 10 (but I use W7) I will never support this exclusivity nonsense that has marketing and not technical reason.

4. Re: Prey Announced Jun 14, 2016, 10:33 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 10:28:
But will it use a new engine?

Considering it's not coming out this year and they say "it's just going to take technology and time we don't necessarily have right now" I would assume yes. New engine for such a vast game project could very well mean it won't even come 2017

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailers
7. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Jun 14, 2016, 08:18 eRe4s3r

Says "Ghost" approach, shoots around, gets discovered and causes at least 3 innocent deaths.

Yeah, real hacker that.. lmao

News Comments > Titanfall 2 on October 28th
3. Re: Titanfall 2 on October 28th Jun 13, 2016, 16:57 eRe4s3r

Tumbler wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 16:38:
I don't think they've got a well written script here. Looks more like they just wanted to make something you could call a story and get a bunch of action scenes going.

Every MP shooters SP campaign ever right there

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Trailers
7. Re: Titanfall 2 Trailers Jun 12, 2016, 20:45 eRe4s3r

rist3903 wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 19:15:
Didn't they sell maps as DLC for the first game before they gave it all away? If so there is no surer way to fracture a community.

Considering the player numbers on PC for this that made zero difference, as there was no community left they could fracture. The game is deader than dead and that it already wast a mere month after release. Biggest fail buy I ever did when it comes to MP shooters.

And the problem wasn't so much the gameplay, which was fine, the problem was the god awful engine and netcode/hosting system.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 12, 2016, 15:33 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 13:15:
Hearts of Stone was a great expansion and I'm loving Blood and Wine. I kinda wish they had made Toussaint the main game now.
agree with you

If nothing else, it bothers me there isn't more stuff we can do with the vineyard.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Jun 11, 2016, 20:05 eRe4s3r

Are you playing in a group or random pub games.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
18. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 11, 2016, 19:38 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 16:19:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 11:27:
Everyone working there is a grade A asshole apparently and these people deserve jail time at the very least.

Jesus Christ, dude, chill the fuck down. 95% of the people working for Gawker are just people who reports on news and write articles in their given field. Jalopnik employs some of the best car writers in the business. What do they have to do with that piece of shit AJ Daulerio??

You mean "decent writers" like those on Gizmodo?

http://gizmodo.com/jill-bahring-i-was-not-assaulted-by-jacob-appelbaum-1781684838

Compare what they quote with the original statement (something the so called journalist should have done himself, without hiding the facts)

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2858345-Statement-by-JB-for-IMMEDIATE-RELEASE.html

Notice that the entire rape story was INVENTED BY GIZMODO
Also notice the article writer does not apologize

Yeah, "quality journalism" right there, eh?

Also to be fair, Jalopnik IS a decent site, and it would make me sad if it were to disappear, but chances are it won't anyway. Btw, I am calm

With "these people" I mean the ones responsible for these "damned lies" at Gawker and Gizmodo obviously

Even better, the OTHER women who were allegedely assaulted as claimed by Gizmodo responded as well

https://twitter.com/cfarivar/status/741634572673110016

So an entire career and life destroyed by Gizmodo based on nothing but lies. ~.~

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2016, 20:13.

9966 Comments. 499 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo