Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10046 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
16. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 7, 2016, 20:55 eRe4s3r

Bumpy wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 20:28:
It's bound to be more interesting than Mass Effect's planet exploring, right?

Maybe.. at least if we are talking about ME1

PC version releasing in a timely fashion as well? (August 10 according to Steam..)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2016, 20:19 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 14:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 13:44:
What you have is likely a gas cylinder and... forget repairing that. Replacement is 15$ tops

obligatory how-to video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiDby4FouwQ

Btw, just a fair warning, you see him applying WD40 there, don't skip that step. Once you got piston removed, take measurements and buy replacement (10 to 15$ afaik) if it's standard replacement piston maybe even for your chair you have good chances it'll work like in the video.

Thanks man

Just be sure to measure the cylinder properly ^^
There is also a far better how-to for that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hvb4gdI_j0

Youtube is a surprising source of very good guides for this kind of stuff. And you can get replacement cylinders from amazon

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2016, 20:07 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 14:22:
Anyone here sprechen Deutsch or Turkish? eRe4s3r?

How is the name 'Can' (as in Emre Can) pronounced by German football commentators? Khan, San, Jan, Chan (like in 'channel')? British commentators usually pronounce it Chan but it varies and they frequently suck at foreign names anyway.

Soft ch with a note of T in there, like Japanese "chan" yes but if you say it like that you are missing a sharp sound at the beginning that is kinda like a very short t that flows directly into the chan.

Anyway, have to say we lost that game deservedly...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2016, 13:44 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 13:26:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:43:
Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:17:
Verno, since you're the chair fix magician ( ), any idea what part I need to fix a chair where the hydraulics have failed? (Ie, the chair won't stay at the highest position anymore. As soon as anyone sits on it, it slowly starts sliding down.)
With the chair at the height you like, measure the exposed cylinder.
Cut a piece of pvc pipe that is the same length. 1/2, 3/4 or 1" Schedule 80 depending on shaft diameter. You want to slice the piece of pipe down the middle or in half (lengthwise) and wrap it around the shaft. Secure in place with 2 worm gear hose clamps or heavy duty tie wraps. Goes without saying but you won't have bouncy failing hydraulics or height adjustment capability anymore.

Sitting in one "southern engineered" like it right now.

Hehe, yeah, I'd thought about turning it into a Redneck Office Chair. I tend to use it in various spots where I need to vary the height though, so sadly that wouldn't work.

What you have is likely a gas cylinder and... forget repairing that. Replacement is 15$ tops

obligatory how-to video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiDby4FouwQ

Btw, just a fair warning, you see him applying WD40 there, don't skip that step. Once you got piston removed, take measurements and buy replacement (10 to 15$ afaik) if it's standard replacement piston maybe even for your chair you have good chances it'll work like in the video.

News Comments > Cricket Captain 2016 Released
10. Re: Cricket Captain 2016 Released Jul 7, 2016, 13:25 eRe4s3r

ventry wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 18:33:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 05:55:
VaranDragon wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 05:10:
ventry wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 20:04:

That would be anyone born outside of the USA.

Erm...no.

Particularly since I am.. you know, European, and nowhere in Europe (UK/NL aside) do we play Cricket...

You sure about that?
Get on Google and do a search of "European Cricket Council", read, get educated and come back with an admission of being wrong.
Just because you don't play doesn't mean others don't.

Apparently I am indeed wrong, that mysterious German team even won something heh This sport receives really no media attention whatsoever in Germany though...

News Comments > Evolve Stage 2 Details
19. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 13:01 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:37:
maddog wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:34:
Is this game like Left 4 Dead but with aliens?

No. Nothing like it, really. It's four players vs 1 player as the monster. No hordes of zombies or anything.

At the end of each level there is a boss fight?

Well... I mean, technically, I guess. It takes about 20 minutes of running for players to corner the monster somewhere, and then they fight him. So it's sort of an end level boss fight.
(Kidding aside, there is no boss fight.)

Can I play solo with AI teammates?

Ehhh... This I don't know, really. I don't think so, but someone else can probably confirm or deny.

You certainly can, even PVP if nobody picks the monster, AI plays it. If the AI happens to play monster you are in for one hell of a round unless it gets stuck.

you can also "solo" coop it.. I guess.. but that puts you against a monster with laser accuracy and 3 other AI hunters that are braindead.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2016, 12:55 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 11:24:
And no life doesn't exist on Titan. That's just NASA trying to get the hypetrain going for more monies as usual. 'Oh there may be life there!!! Can we have a few billion to send a probe there?'

Of course it's PR, but it's also a fact that there COULD be life on Titan Didn't you play Doom? ;p

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
6. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jul 7, 2016, 06:32 eRe4s3r

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 23:39:
And yet again, despite the Vive seemingly outselling the Rift in the 2-to1 range, the Rift gets preferential treatment. Where did all of this money HTC is putting into VR development go? Because you can clearly see who Oculus funded.

HTC doesn't put money into things VR, that would be Valve, you know, the actual owner of the "HTC" Vive which in reality should be called Valve Vive. HTC does not own a single patent regarding the Vive, they produce it on license. Only thing from HTC is the HTC branding

Valve has no reason to aggressively compete against the rift exclusivity, it's gonna come to Steam no matter what, market share wins all arguments. To seam, 90 day exclusivity is more like a win-counter ticking down. After those 90 days the Oculus store will become irrelevant and developers WILL have to support the Vive.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jul 6, 2016, 20:20 eRe4s3r

I spent 4$ ... aka.. nothing really.... without the daily sales there was also a distinct lack of proper guidance to a decent game I might not have yet heard of...  

43. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 20:04 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 18:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 17:22:
I can only say... thank the heavens we do not talk like that Because you think this is confusing? Try doing it with 50 different languages with 10 times that complexity... also unless I misundersand the language, wouldn't this kind of language require you to LEARN all the logical meanings of historic events? I don't see how you could maintain a space-faring multi-colony empire this way, as the languages would without a doubt drift apart to the point where 2 colonies of the same race would not be able to communicate. Or maybe.. I am overthinking things ,p
Yeah, there are real problems with the idea. As the article RedEye linked says, there would seem to be no way to say, “Hey Bob, can you hand me the ¾" socket wrench.” Personally, I always assumed it would be something like a "royal language form". Something only used in official ceremonies or in diplomatic exchanges. It is a good episode.

I think in such a society you wouldn't need to ask that to begin with, you would tell a group the logical situation you are in (Bob repaired shizzle X, maybe a bit flowery or even more defined) and they would infer based on that the task and the strategy everyone has to follow and so you would never be in a situation where you would have to ask for a specific tool, because they would know when you need it as there is only 1 way to repair object X. But as you say, I don't see how they could achieve scientific research this way... and the requirements for the school education would be insane, especially if multiple nations (with way different situation stratagems) would have to work together...

Also, maybe it's just me, but I doubt such a race using such a method of speech could advance beyond the middle ages because of this language fault and that's a huge "IF" concerning how they would even communicate among their own nations. Not to mention things like the fictional movies or literature for entertainment would be essentially impossible. As you can not fictionalize something in a language that requires you to use (existing) logical constructs to define a situation.

Only way I see this working is if they were telepathic, so that you could see in your mind what your counterpart is talking about...

Either way, it just shows what a giant clusterfuck space exploration would be, if you ever discovered such a society. (not to mention one that just flat out kidnaps your captain.. that is just rude p,)

Ps.: Also, the article didn't really clarify how they would express something when there is no precedent in their language/history for that thing... indeed like discovering something totally new and being the first to do it.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2016, 20:12.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 17:22 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 16:12:
nin wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 14:31:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 14:26:
nin wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 14:13:
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra, when the walls fell...
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra, Shaka when the walls fell...
Fixed that for you...
You can blame google. You should be happy it deciphered my search at all, as I could only remembered it rhymed/was similarto "tarmac and".
I needed this not a short explanation.

I can only say... thank the heavens we do not talk like that Because you think this is confusing? Try doing it with 50 different languages with 10 times that complexity... also unless I misundersand the language, wouldn't this kind of language require you to LEARN all the logical meanings of historic events? I don't see how you could maintain a space-faring multi-colony empire this way, as the languages would without a doubt drift apart to the point where 2 colonies of the same race would not be able to communicate. Or maybe.. I am overthinking things ,p

News Comments > VIVE & GTX 10 Series Display Port Issue
8. Re: VIVE & GTX 10 Series Display Port Issue Jul 6, 2016, 16:50 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 15:54:
i experience this issue, it's very frustrating. Also when I leave my vive plugged in the HDMI, sometimes when rebooting the computer, it doesn't display on my monitor (displayport), and instead I assume it's projecting my desktop to the vive, which isnt' supposed to happen (shouldn't detect it as an extended monitor).

ALSO

on my 144hz 1440p monitor, when using the desktop, THE THING FLASHES ALL THE TIME. like CRAZY ARTIFACTS. I've since discovered that this is happening to many people with the 1440p 144hz monitors and the GTX 1080. There's a workaround, changing screen refresh to something other than 144hz, then changing it back fixes it. but you have to do it every time you reboot. Apparently it's a driver issue. One that people also experienced with the 980 ti which has still gone UNFIXED.

Anyone who says that AMD has shit drivers has truely never owned an nvidia card. my 980 and now 1080 are fucking headaches to deal with.

Nowadays I don't see many people saying that about AMD drivers to be honest (Crossfire support and GameReady delayed drivers aside..) . Nvidia driver quality took imo a massive nosedive ever since the 3xx series of drivers. I've had driver issues after issues... and that flickering... well yeah, known since the 980ti.. absolutely insane that this is not fixed yet.

even worse is that these drivers imo introduce far more issues than they fix. Especially with older games.

3. Re: VIVE & GTX 10 Series Display Port Issue Jul 6, 2016, 13:06 eRe4s3r

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 12:58:
If you use the HDMI port, which behaves better all around on the Vive anyway, you're fine. They make it sound like a disaster.

Well some of the vendor models for nvidia latests cards have only 1 HDMI

19. Thanks for being there for us Jul 6, 2016, 13:05 eRe4s3r

Oh lovely Blue, what we would do.. without you. ^^  

1. Re: VIVE & GTX 10 Series Display Port Issue Jul 6, 2016, 12:49 eRe4s3r

There is a joke about competition and what happens when there isn't any in there somewhere...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 6, 2016, 12:39 eRe4s3r

So basically we now know for a fact that the RX 480 does not meet PCI specifications... which begs the question how the fuck the card got certified by PCI-SIG, a question those review sites all happily forget, AMD pushed it out, sure, but PCI-SIG certified it to meet PCI specs. Without that, the card would not have shipped.

Btw, one of the other interesting tidbits that came to light was that there were at lest 2 slightly different PCB's of the same card... not as a jab at AMD.. just as a curious fact. ;p

7. Re: Cricket Captain 2016 Released Jul 6, 2016, 05:55 eRe4s3r

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 05:10:
ventry wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 20:04:

That would be anyone born outside of the USA.

Erm...no.

Particularly since I am.. you know, European, and nowhere in Europe (UK/NL aside) do we play Cricket...

There has been some talk to maybe start some team in Germany (What with all the refugees who know what it is and so on..) but I don't think that ever ended up happening. You also have to face the reality that here in Germany, people just flat out do not understand Cricket. Which isn't at all the same like American Football, which we enjoy watching too.. if you cut the advertising breaks out anyway.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII Jul 6, 2016, 05:52 eRe4s3r

Tachikoma wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 03:08:
Why is it trash? I read somewhere it`s just the same as always (which the author called "dated' or something).

They removed tons of features from 12... basically dumbed down and quite fewer choices

News Comments > SEGA Acquires Amplitude
8. Re: SEGA Acquires Amplitude Jul 5, 2016, 18:53 eRe4s3r

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 16:27:
And I was looking forward to Endless Space 2. Oh well, now I can save my money......

To be honest, I am more hyped for Endless Space 2 now More money and less stupid bickering through Games2Gether would do ES2 some real good.

3. Re: Cricket Captain 2016 Released Jul 5, 2016, 18:42 eRe4s3r

I have to say after watching the trailer I think I have even less clue what cricket is than before. Clearly made only for the people who know what it even is...  

10046 Comments. 503 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo