Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11493 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Hearthstone Trailer
1. Re: Hearthstone Trailer Aug 24, 2017, 05:57 eRe4s3r

Marketing Hearthstone to young audiences is not wrong, but making it look like you got any chance if you join now *IS* you gonna grind for 3+ months to even get access to the expansions.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tropico 6 Trailer
4. Re: Tropico 6 Trailer Aug 24, 2017, 05:44 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 22:49:
The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 19:46:
The Tropico games are fun, but they are killing it with these yearly releases.

2009 - Tropico 3
2011 - Tropico 4
2014 - Tropico 5

"Yearly releases."

Tropico 4 had 11 DLC releases spanning over 3 years, and with Tropico 5 you had another. let me count.. 12 DLC releases

He was playing at the fact that this is nothing more than just another "same old" release, aside from a few new buildings this looks exactly like Tropico 5 and 4.

Basically, they are selling the same game slightly changed for 6+ years now.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2017, 05:57.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Aug 24, 2017, 05:15 eRe4s3r

What was that language? Maybe it's my foreign ears but I couldn't understand 90% of the video.  

News Comments > Tyranny Expansion Next Month
15. Re: Tyranny Expansion Next Month Aug 24, 2017, 05:05 eRe4s3r

Jivaro wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 20:30:
How does the Blues community feel about this game?

It's passable, certainly much better than PoE, but not when it comes to combat. I dunno what it is with Obsidian and combat, but PoE and Tyranny both have an incredibly annoying combat/ability/magic system with tons of trash mobs that give no XP or loot. Tyranny cut this down a BIT but.. not really enough. If you explore the "Wall" for example, you will encounter a ton of extremely tough "out of nowhere" difficulty because enemies have abilities that were not a thing the first 10 hours of the game. That might be interesting, but the game just throws 5 of these at you at random, which is really crap.

On the other hand, I really REALLY like the companions in this game, who are all wild own personalities. What I dislike is that none of them are explored in-depth (This expansion fixes that for 3 of em, but not the 3 of em that I would have wanted, oh well)

In the end I played it through and enjoyed it. Once. Re-playability is nearly zero and there is no new-game+ either ;/

What really bothers me is the Paradox DLC policy.... Tyranny should have a big 30$ expansion, instead we get trickle down DLC's that each on their own are irrelevant, but that all together cost more than the base-game.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Aug 23, 2017, 14:58 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 14:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 14:47:
Beamer wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 14:42:
If you guys read the article, they don't address the "controversy," nor do they apologize for it. It's as tongue-in-cheek as it gets.

Not that I'd expect the usual suspects here to read the article. Nor do I think the complaints were particularly widespread or more than a handful of people.

To be fair, it IS a link to Kotaku

Yeah, but it's also Cutter and MA, who seem incapable of reading articles.

And yeah, it's Kotaku, who downplay this "controversy" as saying it's "a little insensitive" and "in context it's a little less harmful." They also put "cultural insensitivity" in quotes, meaning it's not their argument. And the discussion they link to is someone calling out the people complaining.

So it seems even Kotaku isn't taking this seriously. But hey, if Cutter can complain about kids on his lawn, he will.

Those annoying kids with the tiny dirty grabby hands. He should damn well complain about those

(I guess nobody is gonna get that reference, sorry, I see myself out)

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Aug 23, 2017, 14:47 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 14:42:
If you guys read the article, they don't address the "controversy," nor do they apologize for it. It's as tongue-in-cheek as it gets.

Not that I'd expect the usual suspects here to read the article. Nor do I think the complaints were particularly widespread or more than a handful of people.

To be fair, it IS a link to Kotaku

News Comments > The Guild 3 Early Access Next Month
3. Re: The Guild 3 Early Access Next Month Aug 23, 2017, 14:45 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 13:10:
Ugh, March? I really want this - to be good - but I'll wait. PDS!

Well Early Access before that, I guess it could really end up in the end of Q2 if things go badly... let's hope it will be good

It's nice that both Guild and Anno get sequels that try to really fix things and improve things again, I had nearly given up hope for both...

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Aug 23, 2017, 11:24 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 11:12:
Their apology should have simply been "fuck you."

That'd take balls, non to the be found at Blizzard

News Comments > The Guild 3 Early Access Next Month
1. Re: The Guild 3 Early Access Next Month Aug 23, 2017, 11:17 eRe4s3r

Steam entry is here, with (very early) screenshots
http://store.steampowered.com/app/311260/The_Guild_3/

Developer is GolemLabs though.. who made.. exactly nothing for a decade. So I doubt they have the technical skills to make a decent engine, let alone a bug-free scripting system ;/

Release is supposed to be in March 2018.. but yeah, this one has a very small budget.

Still, good to see it continues, I absolutely LOVED The Guild, sadly it had a ton of major flaws. But there is no other game like it..., the original creator of The Guild is on board too.

News Comments > ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer
3. Re: ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer Aug 23, 2017, 09:34 eRe4s3r

Surprisingly good looking... though I wonder how relevant air-planes are gonna be in the autonomous drone age.  

News Comments > BRINK Goes Free-to-Play
12. Re: BRINK Goes Free-to-Play Aug 23, 2017, 05:21 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 19:49:
Yea, F2P but what hooks are attached to this game? Gotta be something. Because nothing is ever really free.

No hooks, just free to put into library with nothing attached.

Tried it, hated it, so YMMV

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 23, 2017, 04:45 eRe4s3r

MeanJim wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 19:44:
Why is YouTube telling advertisers what they can and can not advertise on? Shouldn't it be up to the advertisers to decide what kind of videos they want their ads to appear on? What if an advertiser wants their ads on a gaming video with guns because their target audience is more likely to watch that type of video.

As advertiser you don't have such a selection power on youtube or it cuts down your impressions by 99% but the cost remains the same. That's the real problem I guess.

I always thought this advertisement thing on youtube videos to be exceptionally weird too. I never once had a matching ad (to my interests) it was always matching the video tags... and this can end up being some truly wild shit.

News Comments > GWENT: Thronebreaker Announced
3. Re: GWENT: Thronebreaker Announced Aug 23, 2017, 04:35 eRe4s3r

Guess the game is finally ready, they fixed a ton of exploits ;p  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Revolution and Battlefield 1 Incursions Announced
6. Re: Battlefield 1 Revolution and Battlefield 1 Incursions Announced Aug 22, 2017, 17:15 eRe4s3r

Nimh wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 09:08:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 08:35:
Nimh wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 08:21:
Yeah.. DLC maps. Guaranteed way to kill off a game. I suppose they will announce the next BF installment soon and everyone will lose their minds.

Pretty sure that map will be "free" in a month or so, but yeah, not helping the dwindling population that's for damn sure. I haven't started the game in a month now... just can't bring myself to do it... oh well. More space on my SSD I guess...

Does the general population have the other new maps now? I stopped 1-2 months ago also. Last I played it was just 10 star Hellriegels and shotguns running in a circle on Fort Vaux. It would be nice to have a more varied, non-meta, server population on the new maps.

Truly enjoy the game, but it was starting to feel like work (which is usually when I stop playing something)

Have to admit I honestly don't know... My enjoyment stopped being that pretty much for the same reason.

I guess it won't be available to anyone for free, since they call this an expansion... this was the 2nd BF game where I did not go for the "Premium" nonsense, learned the lesson from BF4 where I did not like 90% of the content in the expansions.... wouldn't have bought any of them if they hadn't been free eventually ;p

News Comments > Anno 1800 Revealed
6. Re: Anno 1800 Revealed Aug 22, 2017, 17:00 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 16:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 15:50:
Quboid wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 12:44:
I like the past settings much more than the future ones so this is a good start. I hope it's not a more linear, story-driven game this time.

Random maps, story mode inside the endless mode like in 2205, but aside that, enemy AI on the same world, ship battles, diplomacy and trading

Game is not yet feature complete though, some things may end up out some may end up in.. we'll see I guess. Also far as I understand, that means no story driven mini-campaigns with specific goals, but (real) multi-stage long-term monuments are back

That at least, say the German Anno guys that played the alpha before GamesCom

Good! I just want a custom skirmish mode on a single map. If they want to build a plot around this, that can work out fine for me. I got the impression the future ones, 2070 and 2250, were more the other way around, the story-telling dictated everything else.

random map custom endless mode without story is definitely in ^^ But Anno 2205 did not really have a story just a really annoyingly gated progression... I actually REALLY liked the story campaign for Anno 2070 btw...

As I understand, they will take feedback into account this time... game is also still way over a year away.

If it really starts 1800 it will also start us outside of the industrial revolution I am guessing progression will be leading us through it, well, might be interesting, hope dies last ,)

News Comments > Anno 1800 Revealed
3. Re: Anno 1800 Revealed Aug 22, 2017, 15:50 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 12:44:
I like the past settings much more than the future ones so this is a good start. I hope it's not a more linear, story-driven game this time.

Random maps, story mode inside the endless mode like in 2205, but aside that, enemy AI on the same world, ship battles, diplomacy and trading

Game is not yet feature complete though, some things may end up out some may end up in.. we'll see I guess. Also far as I understand, that means no story driven mini-campaigns with specific goals, but (real) multi-stage long-term monuments are back

That at least, say the German Anno guys that played the alpha before GamesCom

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
27. Anno 1800 announced (dec 2018) Aug 22, 2017, 08:41 eRe4s3r

So yeah And that won't be a w10 exclusive...  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Revolution and Battlefield 1 Incursions Announced
3. Re: Battlefield 1 Revolution and Battlefield 1 Incursions Announced Aug 22, 2017, 08:35 eRe4s3r

Nimh wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 08:21:
Yeah.. DLC maps. Guaranteed way to kill off a game. I suppose they will announce the next BF installment soon and everyone will lose their minds.

Pretty sure that map will be "free" in a month or so, but yeah, not helping the dwindling population that's for damn sure. I haven't started the game in a month now... just can't bring myself to do it... oh well. More space on my SSD I guess...

22. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 22, 2017, 02:55 eRe4s3r

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 22:04:
FloorPie wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 20:43:
How is DRM not a valid argument? The UWP stuff locks out game mods almost completely. Its a total walled garden.

But lets just ignore that and the even bigger issue of MS has fucked over its customers before with GFWL!

I 100% agree with the worry that Microsoft will abandon UWP on a whim like GFWL. *So far*, the games I've bought off the windows store are Xbox one crossplay compatible, so I SHOULD have a place to play them even if it goes to shit. The only sorta-assurance you've got is that MS plans on sticking to win10 forever.

I don't mind UWP's inability to be modded, but then I usually play thru a game and that's it...I don't go back, playing with various mods. There are SO many games on my backlog.

Anyway, the only UWP game I currently play is Forza Horizon 3, which is spectacular. Best simcade racing game made, period.

That fair enough, but imagine if a game like Total War: Warhammer, Factorio or KSP without mods. These games live and breath due to modding, heck, Skyrim doesn't even need mention. I don't think I played that unmodded for more than 3 hours ;p

UWP is really hard-core DRM too, if you wanna have a game tied to 1 specific OS and windows license.... well I don't want that. ^^

21. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 22, 2017, 02:51 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 18:23:
Hmm, that AoE IV trailer showed artwork depicting multiple historical Eras, from AoE 1 all the way to AoE 3.

Sadly it also showed absolutely no gameplay ;( But it seems it won't even go beyond the Napoleonic wars. No WW1, no WW2, no DIGITAL age.

Is it wrong for me to really want a sequel to Rise of Nations?

11493 Comments. 575 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo