Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12581 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > The Crew 2 Launches
8. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 14:35 eRe4s3r

sauron wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 11:33:
Creston wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 10:38:
- Worse map than before
- Still overly arcadey physics
- Even worse rubber banding.

Welp, there goes my interest.

GTA Online has this stuff figured out, so why doesnít an online-focused driving game that costs $60? Ubisoft says a December update will add PvP, but itís bewildering that they didnít launch the game with such basic multiplayer functionality.

DECEMBER! It's fucking JUNE, Ubisoft! "Hey, don't worry, we'll sort of make this into an actual game in six months or so."

Fuck these assholes.

ANother Ubisoft game (The Division) opens on one of my systems as a background process, and I can't play it. Other folks are having a similar problem. Ubi post-sales support have not been great, and it's clear their testing QA is awful.

I won't be buying any more of their games, period.

Actually had a 5 day spanning spat with Ubi Support over this issue in The Crew, their answer? Buy the expansion or bust. Same for the Division (I got both games for "free" from that free.. thing.. they had)

I will buy a Ubisoft game, only 1 (Anno 1800) but yeah...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Patches
5. Re: Evening Patches Jun 29, 2018, 05:13 eRe4s3r

After The Expanse these shield heavy pew-pew space games interest me less and less.... nothing in this game feels like it's in space with actual weapons and armor, over-designed and in teh same way badly designed (for military purposes) ships with frontal cockpits are just the peak of absurdity and I count Star Wars in that too, badly designed ships doth not make interesting space epic. (not to mention that every single ship in Star Citizen has the interior wrongly aligned (should be aligned to the trust vector (ie a skyscraper from the engine up). It's things like these that make me less and less "hyped" (however little of that is left after this long). And yeah, even if they had fake gravity the wrongly aligned interior means all trust is applied sideways. It's just.. unrealistic. And I don't mean as in "doesn't exist right now" but in the sense that anyone with half a brain can tell these ships could never ever work.

I think Star Citizen more than any game ever made will be past the zeitgeist (at least my own) when it ever actually releases anything of SQ42.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 17:05 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 13:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 13:35:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 06:42:
I'm routing for good matches with solid refereeing.

Good luck finding those Video proof didn't really add all that much fairness to the refereeing which surprised no one that watched recent Bundesliga matches They need to figure out a way for this to not be so time consuming and intrusive... or give the job to an AI.
Dude, you need to lower your expectations. I watched a dozen matches and only once did I see a delay which I thought was unreasonable. All the others were nice and quick. You want to see some long delays due to video replay? Try watching some NBA or NFL games. As for the results, from the matches I saw it seemed to work pretty well. There were one or two "it could be called either way" things, but that's always going to be happening -- video reviews or not.

I just think video proof should be used equally, not vary per referee, that makes it unfair to other teams who may have a less picky referee. As we have seen in a few matches already that were decided by a single penalty goal given after video proof.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 13:35 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 06:42:
I'm routing for good matches with solid refereeing.

Good luck finding those Video proof didn't really add all that much fairness to the refereeing which surprised no one that watched recent Bundesliga matches They need to figure out a way for this to not be so time consuming and intrusive... or give the job to an AI.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2018, 13:25 eRe4s3r

Technopagan daughter starting a stink against Elon Musk over a farting unicorn that her daddy stole* from the internet, cries technopagan tears for being blocked. hahahaaaa Best story of the day.

Also learned new word, technopagan, and because I am an prickly "old" white dude it's of course meant as an insult.

Can't imagine the shitstorm the poor dad now receives though, I mean if he really sues he's gonna have to proof first creation of that thing, and that's gonna be a laugh, and 4chan might even have a word to say here.

*MLP fan art has this meme for as long as I can think. Originally came from Japan no?

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2018, 13:38.

News Comments > New Steam Login Tracking Tools
1. Re: New Steam Login Tracking Tools Jun 28, 2018, 12:02 eRe4s3r

That IP location thing from the first link tracking login history.. is complete and utter bullshit, aka, 100% wrong in every instance for me Doesn't even get the city right once. 70% of the logins are not even in the same state as I am, and that's all my logins from the same PC. That's amazingly bad  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2018, 13:44 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 12:27:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 11:59:
Germany fails to advance out of the group stage in the World Cup. Wow. Finishing last in the group no less.

Wow! That's bad. To think in 2014, they destroyed the competition and went on to win the cup.

That's what happens when you got a trainer who dumps the ENTIRE team that won the Confed Cup (a year prior!) for overpaid and overrated club players who then go on to lose all the test games before the entire event. We lost deservedly, South Korea was amazing. No goal in 90 minutes is just crazy bad, back in 2014 we dominated, today others will. Fair is fair and personally I am now rooting for Argentina

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Turning Tides Free
2. Re: Battlefield 1 Turning Tides Free Jun 27, 2018, 12:28 eRe4s3r

Timmeh wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 11:20:
logged in on PC

searched for a server with players on it... after about 15 min of trying different combinations of filters.. finally found one.

thats pretty pathetic.

Indeed... BF4 on the other hand, all full

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 27, 2018, 03:09 eRe4s3r

This game has literally five dozen warnings not to be played by children (anyone under 18) or with depression...  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Gameplay Trailer
13. Re: Fallout 76 Gameplay Trailer Jun 26, 2018, 07:21 eRe4s3r

Osc8r wrote on Jun 25, 2018, 23:05:
Haven't really played fallout before (single player games bore the f out of me these days), but co-op survival with PVP + nukes? I'm down.

So you are also down with the inevitable grief fest this is going to be? I couldn't sell this game to any of my coop friends after the presentation. They all tuned out when they heard battle royale.

News Comments > DRM Breaks macOS Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
3. Re: DRM Breaks macOS Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Jun 25, 2018, 12:37 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Jun 25, 2018, 12:34:
J wrote on Jun 25, 2018, 12:17:
In before anti-DRM told you so squad and hellfire. I think this sucks too, but I'm not abundant enough in excess energy to rant about it on the Blue's News forum.

This is something that drives me crazy, why do these companies continue to leave DRM like this in older games that no longer require the game to be protected from piracy when a game has already been cracked to begin with. This is stupidity at its finest with developers.

Even better, the company who made this DRM refused to remove it and now does real estate "financing"

News Comments > Valve Shuts Down OPSkins CS:GO Trades
12. Re: Re: Valve Shuts Down CS:GO Trades Jun 25, 2018, 12:32 eRe4s3r

Capella wrote on Jun 25, 2018, 11:44:
I don't have anyone on ignore. I love all you crazy MFers!

Same You can be prickly all you want, everyone has days like that. Nobody gets on my Ignore list

Blues makes sure the worst of the worst gets removed anyway, and I am hugely grateful for that, sometimes all you can really do is swing the banhammer.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
22. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 25, 2018, 10:02 eRe4s3r

necrosis wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 18:37:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 17:14:
necrosis wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 16:35:
The amount of times I honsit to God tipped someone because of tip worthy service can be counted on one hand. The rest of the time they just did their job.
Really? You eat at lousy restaurants. How often do you eat out?
Why is just doing their job bad? Why does everyone think every server needs to suck their cock?

Personally I think tipping is fucking stupid and needs to fucking die in a fire. Pay people a regular fucking wage.

I had a pizza delivery person get all pissy I left no tip. I was like "I have to pay extra for you to do your fucking job? And you didnt even fucking do that because I had to come down here to get my food you entitled prick?" Lived in an apartment at the time. EVERY other delivery place came up. There is no lock or code on the building door.

And that's why I loved my vacation in Japan. Local guide brought me to an themed cafe (no not gothic lolis) they made food cut and prepared so it looked cute and just.. awesome per bowl, themed per bowl that is. No tips but great service and servers who were curious about me being a very noticeable German tourist eating Japanese food.

To be honest, I would have loved giving them a tip which would be a FIRST for me. Only one time in my life have I actually gotten up in a restaurant beelined to the cook and given him 20Ä just like that, as thank you. It was the *best* steak I ever ate and sadly it remained the best steak I ever ate.... Cooks don't get tips but have just as shitty wages. It's super unfair.

In Germany tipping is sadly mandatory. And if you knew how the servers are given tables not tipping would be an economic death sentence to them. I don't wanna that kind of BS responsibility when I am out eating.

Sigh, it actually makes me sad that Germany has this practice.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 25, 2018, 00:53 eRe4s3r

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 20:34:
Event Pass: Sanhok

Is this a case of charging people for new content to a game that was never finished in the first place, or are they selling people early access to their new area in the game before the game is finished? Can't tell which level of horsecockery this is..

NOTE: THIS DLC IS NOT NEEDED TO PLAY SANHOK IN PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS. MAPS ARE ADDED AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO PLAYERS.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
14. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 24, 2018, 12:14 eRe4s3r

Pigeon wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 10:06:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 08:57:
Ozmodan wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 08:53:
That article about the kiosks points out how bad management is at these chain restaurants. If you did not like the food or something other than the service from the server, you still nail the server with a bad rating.
Right, where's the logic in that.

It's called CEO logic, set an impossible/ridiculous goal, don't ask questions when the goal is met, collect your massive bonus.

The joke is even STEAM and Youtube figured this out.. binary ratings or nothing. Anything else is nearly always shit and scummy.

News Comments > etc
2. Re: etc Jun 24, 2018, 12:03 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 23, 2018, 13:39:
LoL @ Atari. What a bunch of maroons.

In that capacity, we would like to formally apologize to both Atari and Michael Arzt for digging out a recording of the interview Ė and for the following article in which we highlight that Atari is so full of crap that it should be designated a hazardous waste zone.

Burns so hot that even Atari ran away screaming

News Comments > Star Control Court Battle Brewing?
3. Re: Star Control Court Battle Brewing? Jun 23, 2018, 13:00 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 23, 2018, 12:50:
This may be the first time where I have little support for the original creators.

Exactly, the moment they abused the copyright act on GOG they fell out of my grace too.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 23, 2018, 09:47 eRe4s3r

EA and fair, let me have a few sickly prickly laughs, while I point at F UT and NBA UT, 2 gambling gameplay systems targeted SPECIFICALLY at children. EA is, and always will be, a despicable shithole.  

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jun 23, 2018, 01:04 eRe4s3r

I think prickly denial is always valid As we get older, the more prickly it gets too  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2018, 00:53 eRe4s3r

Could WB really be dumb enough to steal copyrighted source code it doesn't have a license for from a company with far more reach and influence, and far better lawyers?

Apparently yes, it could! Just goes to show, even the big corps do illegal things and think they can get away with em

12581 Comments. 630 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo