Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10630 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2017, 12:53 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 18:04:
Blue wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 14:53:
Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 13:40:
If Stainless Steel is Stainless, Why Does it Rust?

I'm always amazed when people are amazed at rusty stainless steel.

And why didn't you just get a glass kettle instead? I have the Hamilton-Beach 1.7 litre kettle myself and it works like a champ. No plastic to worry about. And the blue LEDs look cool.

This is the first answered question about your kettle on Amazon:

The jar is not totally made of glass. I bought the kettle after reading these answers and wondered how the glass jar is attached to the stainless steel heating element. There is some kind of plastic (maybe silicone?) part that holds that glass jar and the heating element together and also acts as a sealant. I opened the lid after emptying the hot water (while the pot was still hot) and got a whiff of a very strong plastic odor. I'm pretty certain that the plastic part is being heated to high temperatures. My pot is going back.

No, the LED ring is sealed in glass - it's all one continual piece. So I have no idea what he's talking about. It could have been something in the heating element underneath it but I've had nary a problem like that. That's why I went with this one as the only bits where the water is is stainless steel and glass.

To be fair, that post talks about smell, not taste. And it's certainly worrisome if a new device emits smells while it's supposed to be boiling water, which would indicate an internal temperature touching something plastic above 240C , and that means you can expect a fault. It could be manufacturing thing that only happens every so often. Plenty of reviews talk about bad smells.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV: The Far Edge of Fate Trailer
1. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV: The Far Edge of Fate Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 12:05 eRe4s3r

I got really badly burned out from this after just the 30 days they give you after purchase.. no urge to go back to it. The grind is hardcore later on.  

News Comments > Overwatch Nerfs Detailed
3. Re: Overwatch Nerfs Detailed Jan 6, 2017, 12:02 eRe4s3r

Hooking and turning around (facing a cliff ,p) was one of my greatest joys in Overwatch.. sigh. I never thought Roadhog was overpowered, this hook change makes him completely useless on certain maps where little "details" block LOS ;/

It's why I actually find this game becoming too *fixed* for it's own good. Roadhog is a stalemate breaker, and DVA is a carry (meaning a good player can help an otherwise lower skilled team) the 2 together can easily disrupt formations, and counter high-skilled tracers (which is otherwise nearly impossible to do if your team doesn't pay attention)

Overall I still dislike Overwatch match-making as a whole though ;/ It's is by far the worst

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
53. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 6, 2017, 02:59 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 15:51:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 15:36:
yeh packet loss is a given, but even if was 100% the raw speed on the networks is too shitty already for any kind of stable connections for such high bandwidth

the only way around this is some kind of direct connection to the cloud with some kind of superspeed wireless tech... which is definitely possible but not going to happen anytime soon

I'm kind of curious how this tech works in Korea. Their entire country is basically on Gbps+, so if it'd work anywhere, it'd work there. I'm thinking it'd still look pretty bad though.

Streaming quality is exceptional on my steamlink.. but that is local gbit network and also highly depends on the GPU power, more power = better encode within the frametime limits. But you will always have some latency, around 100ms for input, no matter what. Not bad for some games, horrible for some other games.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 6, 2017, 01:08 eRe4s3r

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 16:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 15:31:
I wish these NAS tests were done a bit more professionally.

You might like this site.

More pro, but still no talk about the actual nitty gritty of a NAS, 0 mention of noise, vibration and temperature curves. All things that matter immensely when you pack discs close together. These 10tb drives for example that they like to show their e-peen with, generate immense heat under full load. But even that site does NOT TEST FOR FULL LOAD. They do performance tests, not load tests.

This bothers me for a while with these so called "professional" storage review sites, NONE of them do load or re-initialization tests. (with 6x10 TB drives, that would have been a really good laugh by the way) (ps.: Talking about a random latest review from that site which had even less (informative) details than the QNAP review ,p)

If you don't care about this, buy a usb hub and external drives (they are better shock absorbed than a NAS any day of the week, especially if they got rubber feet) but for someone who has 2 NAS I have been through so much shit because reviews "forget" to look at the important facts. And the only way I discovered that my QNAP boxes are shit, is when the temp reached 61C on full load (8+ hrs of constant IO), with the fan running at 100%.. I mean, WTF?

Is there no site that does proper and in-depth NAS hardware testing?

News Comments > Diablo III Anniversary Patch
13. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 15:35 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 15:16:
omgomgomgomg really? Oh i have to actually fire this up when I get home now, that blur was so annoying.

Yeah really, full range of MSAA

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 5, 2017, 15:31 eRe4s3r

I wish these NAS tests were done a bit more professionally.. as in, temperature/DB's on idle, and especially on load with a full stack of 4TB drives in each bay... how it behaves on re-initialization of the raid (which on 4TB drives, can easily take many many days if the hardware is shit)

As it is, it's another useless "review" which doesn't go really into the nitty gritty, nitty gritty like fan replacements which are going to be a thing with these. QNAP isn't exactly building high quality stuff, sadly. (Have my own personal horror story with that companies NAS systems...)

11. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 14:48 eRe4s3r

zip xavier wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 12:17:
Might have something to do with this

"This change uses DirectX 11 natively, which brings support for normal maps, per pixel lighting and improved anti-aliasing options"

You are right MSAA in options, FINALLY. By the gfx gods, this makes ALL the difference. Gone is the god awful blur, everything looks sharper and more defined.

For a game that is this old this is a very nice change. Now if only they'd ramp up the textures. This game begs to have a HD texture pack!

News Comments > Forza Horizon 3 Patch Glitch
3. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Patch Glitch Jan 5, 2017, 14:21 eRe4s3r

Microsoft doing Microsoft things... as usual  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2017, 11:20 eRe4s3r

I have a 1.7l stainless steel cattle with a water temp wheel from a discounter, but I assume you don't have Aldi where you live.. aside that, yeah, no plastic in my water. Hate the taste that creates  

9. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 08:55 eRe4s3r

Surprisingly the game actually looks a LOT better now.. dunno why that is, but it is.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Stormblood Details
3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Stormblood Details Jan 5, 2017, 06:50 eRe4s3r

MT Silver wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 13:12:
"The Ananta, an all-female beast tribe, is the newest of the beast tribes to be introduced to the world of FFXIV. This ancient tribe resides in the mountains near Ala Mhigo and worships the primal Lakshmi. Known for their skill in spell and gemcraft, the Lamia will play a very important role in the Stormblood main scenario as their persecution by the Garlean Empire is revealed."

Snek ladies? Smitten

Snek ladies! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0aC8JmW8AAKSW4.jpg:large

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 4, 2017, 10:40 eRe4s3r

You know what I do in games I often play ? options -> music off.... if it's good ambience then obviously not, but it buggers me to all hells and back when especially building games have like 5 tracks that ALWAYS REPEAT. And what is maybe acceptable for 20m, is not ok for 200h  

News Comments > Frontier Developments Sues ATARI Over Royalties
22. Re: Frontier Developments Sues ATARI Over Royalties Jan 4, 2017, 01:21 eRe4s3r

So Frontier checked steam-spy? ^^  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2017, 13:43 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 12:27:
While it is nice to have an extended quiet weekend, it does seem like the lack of news in general (with everyone off) is a little maddening...

I'm sure we'll get back to the crazy and announcements in general pretty soon...

Plenty of non gaming news for my taste, and none of them good ;/

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2017, 13:42 eRe4s3r

Still don't get why AMD is so hung up on HBM2... considering no benchmark showed any benefit of it.  

News Comments > Steam Award Winners
33. Re: Steam Award Winners Jan 1, 2017, 23:45 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 18:04:
Quboid wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 12:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 02:26:
Also ETS 2 under sit back and relax? WTF? Nobody who voted that ever did a long distance delivery with traffic on.

I think I voted for ETS2 there, I think it's very relaxing. Granted, I was never too bothered about the occasional crash or speeding ticket.

I was going to vote for ETS2 too, but I think ATS is a much better game. Nothing more relaxing than driving in Nevada with some country music playing.

You guys must have some iron man like nerves, the AI drivers in ETS2 drive me insane But then I realize I would also be a horribly potty mouthed truck driver in reality. ^^

News Comments > Steam Top 100 of 2016
26. Re: Steam Top 100 of 2016 Jan 1, 2017, 23:07 eRe4s3r

Speaking of the Division, there was a sale for it, I bought it.. and after 10 hours or so I absolutely and totally hate this game. It is not just a totally mediocre game, but it is an ABYSMAL loot based cover shooter. Even Gears of War 1, yes, the shitty console port from yonder, is a flat out superior combat experience.

Top it off with korean and chinese players ONLY and you got a recipe for total COOP disasters, half the players can't even write basic english words.

The graphics are fantastic, but everything else about this game is shit. Damn, I should have skipped this one....

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 1, 2017, 22:39 eRe4s3r

The CEO blamed low blood sugar while back pedaling faster than you could ever imagine.  

News Comments > Steam Award Winners
26. Re: Steam Award Winners Jan 1, 2017, 02:26 eRe4s3r

Fion wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 13:53:
How does Witcher 3 not win Game Within A Game? I mean we're comparing tennis & golf mini-games with GWENT!

Look at the games that won, and despair. For that is the current generation of gamers. Also ETS 2 under sit back and relax? WTF? Nobody who voted that ever did a long distance delivery with traffic on.

10630 Comments. 532 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo