Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9978 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 29, 2016, 15:27 eRe4s3r

Symantec = Making your PC less secure

Teaches people to use this garbage. Only decent security is proper user right restriction, always updating, sandboxing and not clicking on anything that might be dangerous.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 29, 2016, 15:12 eRe4s3r

RX 480 not even on the same level as a GTX 970 but needs !!!!!! more power !!!!!! and only uses a 6 pin connector (aka, OC is DEAD)? Is that a fucking joke by AMD? Let me repeat that, the 480 has LESS performance than a 970 despite it's broken 3.5GB + 0.5GB VRAM implementation and yet uses MORE power and despite THAT fact only has a 6 pin connector and is thus magically "gimped" for overclockers...

This just leaves me baffled... despite 14nm AMD did not manage lower power consumption than the GTX 970 at 28nm ... and lower performance for more power consumption? Why the hell would anyone buy that?

Edit: No wonder they are giving them away for free

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2016, 15:20.

News Comments > Godus Dead?
13. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 29, 2016, 15:03 eRe4s3r

Devinoch wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 14:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 07:31:
Tachikoma wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 02:32:
Molyneux should stay away from video games, go to a rehab, take up painting or something. He`s just cursed.

He is not so much cursed, as he is a tremendous danger to any development if you don't physically chain him to a competent lead designer... you know, a guy who can actually judge an idea based on whether it's possible to pull off within the budget or not.

Also a producer who just has a giant posterboard on his desk with the word NO written on it that he's willing to raise over his head a dozen times a day...

Just picturing that makes me laugh But yeah, all his greatest successes where when there were people assigned to the project by a higher power that reigned his squalor in...

Kinda baffling how someone like that can gain such fame

News Comments > Out of the Blue
42. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2016, 07:41 eRe4s3r

Ecthelion wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 10:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 01:17:
Ecthelion wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 22:58:
The rest of the episode was really enjoyable, but that first section in King's Landing, while fun to watch, just seemed so off.

Think about why she didn't want him buried properly.. the relationship was already busted when he invited the faith into the castle by inaction. By the time king proclaimed open support for the faith, she was out for brutal vengeance. She knew the consequences of him surviving... she made a gamble there and it turned out the best possible way. She gave him 1 !!! way out, as her son but king in name only. So to her, this was probably the most in character thing she has ever done. Remember she was out for blood after the "Walk of Shame"

Cersei was gunning for the throne,
and she isn't the type of women you scorn more than once.
Hmm, you may have a point.

In that case, she may be the worst human being so far in the series, worse than Joffrey and Ramsay. Certainly she is the worst mother around. The producers had me believing there was still some good in her when it came to being a mother, so maybe I'm just disappointed that she let revenge override her maternal instincts. Good parents love their children unconditionally, and it's pretty foolish of her to blame Tommen for falling under the High Sparrow's spell when she underestimated him and put him into power in the first place.

I guess this ties back to an earlier episode where Tywin chastised Cersei and Jamie for not thinking about the family name. At this point she has killed her uncle and his son, and it seems like she's too old to start again with new kids (I suppose Jamie could marry somebody and still continue the family but it seems unlikely given his tastes). It seems that revenge and power truly are all that motivate her at the end of the day, and she can't plan for the future. Qyburn and Jamie are her only real allies at this point. Even Robert knew how to appease allies better than her, but I guess she doesn't care about all that. The thing is, that strategy works fine when you have 3 dragons, but not so great when your resources are dwindling. How long does she really think she'll hold the Iron Throne?

Also, side note, but for Season 5 and 6, watching them on HBO Go, they go "inside" the episode after each episode and talk to the producers. EVERY time the guy with thin hair (D.B. Weiss) refers to Tommen, he pronounces it "Tome-in" while the other producer and EVERYONE on the show pronounces it "Tom-in". It's weird.

Even better, the prophecy she received DID predict everything that happened, so it's perfectly possible she is cursed (well, to avoid spoilers)
here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwHGNoMjHn8 (No spoiler, unless you haven't seen season 5 e1

And one part of the prophecy, which is only in the books, reads
# And when your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar (younger brother) shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

News Comments > Godus Dead?
11. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 29, 2016, 07:31 eRe4s3r

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 02:32:
Molyneux should stay away from video games, go to a rehab, take up painting or something. He`s just cursed.

He is not so much cursed, as he is a tremendous danger to any development if you don't physically chain him to a competent lead designer... you know, a guy who can actually judge an idea based on whether it's possible to pull off within the budget or not.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2016, 07:24 eRe4s3r

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 04:52:
descender wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 13:47:
My faith for the new ST movie lies entirely on Simon Pegg writing it... him being a huge ST nerd and basically not allowing it to become the fan-service knockoff that ST:ED was.

You did see the trailer? You know the part where they manage to destroy another Enterprise in the first five minutes of the film?? Simon Pegg can't fix what isn't broken. This is not Star Trek, it's the Fast and the Furious in tights, in space. Sort of. Well on a planet mostly.

The joke is a series instead of a AAA popcorn movie with this production level but a less retarded writer would easily match up to what Game of Thrones does for pure grim-dark fantasy. 60 episodes a 1h would allow for absolutely insane story arcs, and not this garbage (and seriously, what is up with the 2f2f vibe... same directors?)

I mean, I guess most people watch these because they are short burst entertainment, and they are really good at that. But they are not Star Trek.. every movie for star trek was inferior to even a single episode of Star Trek: Voyager and for a series from 1997 that is really saying a lot about the quality of the writing staff involved....

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 29, 2016, 03:48 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 12:52:
How many years has it been since igoogle (which I used as a homepage) was discontinued?

Every day it's gone is 1 too many...

I can't even fathom why they would remove a dumb front page script (which is all it was) that simply gave proper merging of feeds (RSS, Youtube, Gmail, Calendar, NEWS)

But noooo, apparently we can't have USEFUL things from google anymore. Their googleNow bullshit is more annoying than useful on my tablet..

News Comments > The Technomancer Launch Trailer
3. Re: The Technomancer Launch Trailer Jun 28, 2016, 07:50 eRe4s3r

Well I loved Mars War Logs as well, had a quirky sci-fi fetish atmosphere that is long lost nowadays... Technomancers.. heck, how many people even know what that is nowadays?  

News Comments > The Division Patch & Expansion Tomorrow
11. Re: The Division Patch & Expansion Tomorrow Jun 28, 2016, 05:29 eRe4s3r

Mhnmh........  

37. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 05:27 eRe4s3r

OpticNerve wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 04:14:
This made me laugh *last episode spoiler btw*: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvFF2GEKAwg

That char needs to be nerfed ;p

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 28, 2016, 05:27 eRe4s3r

ventry wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 20:49:

For the last 3 months I have been doing an experiment. I have 8 machines set up in the back of my workshop. 4 laptops and 4 desktops.
All with varying CPU's, ram, etc. With a mix of Win 7 installs. (Basic, Home Prem, Pro and Ultimate) Mix of x86 and x64.
All conected to the net, all updated fully and set for "automatic update".

Recommended updates or only important updates?

35. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 01:17 eRe4s3r

Ecthelion wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 22:58:
The rest of the episode was really enjoyable, but that first section in King's Landing, while fun to watch, just seemed so off.

Think about why she didn't want him buried properly.. the relationship was already busted when he invited the faith into the castle by inaction. By the time king proclaimed open support for the faith, she was out for brutal vengeance. She knew the consequences of him surviving... she made a gamble there and it turned out the best possible way. She gave him 1 !!! way out, as her son but king in name only. So to her, this was probably the most in character thing she has ever done. Remember she was out for blood after the "Walk of Shame"

Cersei was gunning for the throne,
and she isn't the type of women you scorn more than once.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 01:09 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 14:50:
BitWraith wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 14:41:
Yeah. They have to be careful not to create MTV's Shannara.

Thank you. That's exactly what I was thinking. Never liked Tad's work anyway but when the series lunched I tought, 'Enh, I'll give it a chance.' OMFG it's so bad.

The joke is the premise was really cool. Then they fucked it up with a too small budget, bad story arcs and REALLY bad actors.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 01:01 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 16:55:
Iceland over England in the UEFA round of 16... surely that is a sign of the apocalypse?

Most bizarre game in the entire tourney so far. Did Britain even bring a keeper? Do they know how to play this mysterious game from the continent?

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
20. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 27, 2016, 06:00 eRe4s3r

siapnar wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 00:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 22:00:
5:4 and 4:3 support are still MIA .. sigh ...console games...
Just out of curiosity, why not use a 16x9 or 16x10 monitor?

I am using 2 monitors, and just so happens my 16x10 is for CAD/Graphics use and my 5:4 is for gaming.. (performance wise that's a major difference, can't play on the 16:10.. but it displays perfect colors)

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
11. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 26, 2016, 22:00 eRe4s3r

5:4 and 4:3 support are still MIA .. sigh ...console games...  

News Comments > The Guild 3 Announced
5. Re: The Guild 3 Announced Jun 26, 2016, 01:44 eRe4s3r

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 16:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 22:17:
Also I hate to be cynically.. but "Best AI EVER" is like.. a really bad meme nowadays.

Why? Nobody even bothers mentioning AI anymore. "Visceral gfx! "tactical combat!"...yeah...but AI?

One to look forward, to, even if flawed at least it`s an attempt at something different.

That was kinda my point, it's hard to get hyped about AI advances when CPU's are stagnating and real AGI seems further and further away. I mean if this works it's cool, but first I wanna see the performance after a 10 hour game.. and if it is really human-like... well... that would be nice...

News Comments > Civilization VI Videos
14. Re: Civilization VI Videos Jun 26, 2016, 01:37 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 15:35:
Whats happening with Space Civ then? Hopefully not dead on arrival.

Civ Beyond Earth is "beyond hope" You can't fix lazy game design

Btw, I am going to get pedantic now and mention in the first video, those walls in the city.. notice that shadows leak "beneath" the wall. It looks abysmal, as if someone slapped this together in some pre unity engine and called it a day.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 23, 2016, 23:09 eRe4s3r

Total-Khaos wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 17:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 20:35:
Tom wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 18:29:
I think this project has made quite a substantial contribution to the ruining of the credibility of the crowdfunding concept. Well done, Inafune!

Developer with no experience in making sidescrollers.... hardly proof that KS is bad, more that KS backers need to get some glasses and GOOGLE THE PEOPLE INVOLVED BEFORE PLEDGING

This reminds me of PoE where there was much hype sure, but most of the people working there had nothing to do with BG or NWN, hell half the writers never wrote a decent campaign.

Um, you do know who Keiji Inafune is, right? No experience in side scrollers? LMAO!

Yeah I know who he is... maybe google him again and read what job he actually did when creating megaman (He invented the IP and managed company, not development). He is a business man, not a lead developer. (But considering you likely don't know how Japanese companies in those times misclassified job positions I don't blame you for believing otherwise).

To give you an idea what I mean, just because he was involved in megaman doesn't mean he was in any way related to making it amazeballs. Hence my point, he has no clue what made sidescrollers great, he invented an IP that his developers made great. But he himself? He has no clue.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 23, 2016, 22:54 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 11:03:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 02:07:
Those are some extremely overinflated price estimates in that article.. actual worth is AT BEST something like 70k (not 450k!!!)

And you base this on your source? Please share with us.

Here Same site even, except they updated that article and not this one.

Essentially, 2 of these games were in bundles (as low as 0.33$, other was in 8$ tier divided by the 5 games that were in, so 1$ something) 1 was 85% in a steam sale, due to how humble bundle works you can't resell keys anymore AFAIK, so non issue there I assume. The value they use is imaginary value based on highest price ever recorded. But this is not what they sold many copies at (according to steamspy). Also it was their OWN distributors who sold the keys at G2A under "imaginary" value (but actually way above sales prices!) so that they didn't get any money is a flat out total lie. Distributors buy keys from the developers, they don't get them for free

This is some really scummy red herring style reporting imo. They want you to focus on G2A when it is the indy developer itself that uses questionable distributors and prices it's games 85% below the (according to their own numbers) actual worth.

TL;DR, they claim they don't get any money off these sales. That is a lie. They already got money when the distributors paid for the keys. What they want here is basically double dipping...

According to Steamspy, most of the sales happened during sale events. So they list moonprices here, but don't list sale data, for good reason I assume...

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 2016, 23:11.

9978 Comments. 499 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo