Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10294 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 2, 2016, 13:51 eRe4s3r

Who'd have thought forcing something down your customers throat would end up biting ye in the arse hard.

But reality is that there isn't a real way to measure what OS is installed in terms of market share, it's all make-believe statistics. Only ones that KNOW how many computers run each OS are probably Microsoft and maybe Google. And they don't tell us.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TwitchPrime for Amazon Prime Members
4. Re: TwitchPrime for Amazon Prime Members Oct 1, 2016, 21:19 eRe4s3r

TickleMyElmo wrote on Oct 1, 2016, 18:06:
For US only I'm sure. Amazon's stance on Canadian Prime customers has consistently been "Go fuck yourselves".

Amazon Prime streaming stuff in Germany is a total joke as well, and that is only their 2nd largest market. So if they fuck it up here, they fuck it up everywhere else ;p

News Comments > Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit
13. Re: Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit Oct 1, 2016, 15:11 eRe4s3r

The taste of salt  

News Comments > Giant Machines 2017 Released
2. Re: Giant Machines 2017 Released Sep 30, 2016, 23:22 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 18:41:
Huh, that could be interesting. I've always been curious what it must be like operating those things.

Just be warned that this is pretty buggy mess currently

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
17. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 29, 2016, 05:22 eRe4s3r

Hopefully this leads to something more, it may seem like a small thing, but if developers lie on the store-page and ask for real world money then that is imo fraud and not just an advertising code-of-conduct violation  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 28, 2016, 05:11 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 21:29:
America accuses Senators of 'unacceptable' delay in getting the country working as it should.

But a non working government is a good thing, it can't break more things

In other news, Netbotz is a NSA shell company, selling backdoored server security equipment. DO NOT BUY NETBOTZ EQUIPMENT AND IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO DID, TELL THEM IT HAS BACKDOORS.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2016, 05:04 eRe4s3r

I am sad, everyone already made the funny with "the front fell off" ;p Was first thing that came to mind, made this story way more hilarious than it ought to be.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Sep 28, 2016, 04:14 eRe4s3r

Rhett wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 23:20:
Isn't it potentially illegal to have their printers do that? Or is it just a grey area? If I had an HP printer and I saw that, I would never buy another one.

A customer would have to sue and bring this up to the highest courts as well just to see whether it is legal or not. Currently nobody knows

News Comments > More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart
22. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 27, 2016, 05:08 eRe4s3r

ViRGE wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 00:48:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 23:48:
Side Note: NMS has reached a new low! 16,403 recent reviews are Overwhelmingly Negative at 9%. I didn't even think that was possible.
Holy cow. Shocked

And still sold for 60

News Comments > More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart
21. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 27, 2016, 05:01 eRe4s3r

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 03:26:
What's really interesting is the only game I played in that entire list is Black & White and it was an epic piece of shit.

Black and White was actually a pretty decent game, if you hadn't followed any of the pre-release hype and thus had outlandish expectations

To this day, there isn't any game even remotely like BW1 and BW2

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 27, 2016, 04:35 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 03:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 15:57:
I thought it would be interesting to note.. that shouting at your HDD can damage it Source: The internet (youtube)

You didn't know that? Keep in mind the tolerances, and the only reason why the head doesn't crash every time you spin up is because it's riding on a cushion of air. The fly-height is around 2.1-3nm(3e-6mm) a human hair is 2.5nm in thickness for reference.

Oh I was quite aware that vibrations and sound can do this, but I would have thought that proper anti-vibration fasteners on everything that causes vibrations would prevent it and never considered that outside vibrations could bring a massive case and all HDD's to vibrate (especially when you have them sit on flexible rubber feet).

I would have thought that all that metal and anti-shock stuff would be enough to have 80db to 100 loud sounds not actually do *anything*

I mean just think what this means in regard to subwoofer placement at home which has substantially more pressure than the voice.

So yeah, I did not know that shouting can produce vibrations strong enough to damage an HDD ^^

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
51. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 26, 2016, 18:20 eRe4s3r

Orogogus wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 16:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 16:03:
One last thing, what about employers? Is insurance a shared burden between company and employee or is it 100% on the employee?

I had a hard time finding numbers. Under the ACA employers have to pay 50% (to the employee only) to claim a tax credit, but the average is apparently 83% employer coverage for the employee, and 72% for a family.

Wow.. that is a far better and fairer deal than we got here in Germany o.O

To be honest, if that is actually how it works and there isn't a huge caveat then the talk show I was watching was flat out... lying.

To give you an idea how it is in Germany our retarded government thought it smart to include a new law, where the insurance can specify their own EXTRA % in this deal, meaning we actually (in 2016) paid this

15.7% of TOTAL WAGE BEFORE TAXES are paid for h-insurance (depends on h-provider)
7.3% by employer
8.4% by employee

So our German system is worse than the US one... you got any numbers what the actual 2016 numbers for the US health insurance rates are?

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2016, 04:36.

49. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 26, 2016, 16:03 eRe4s3r

Orogogus wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 13:11:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 09:16:
Ah thanks So normal health insurance pays the insurance for poor? What about a requirement to actually be insured if ye working a normal job (and hence removing the 2nd issue, namely that only sick people would be insured which creates huge uncovered costs in the system (aside from the already extremely high cost medical system in the US, lacking any oversight and regulations??))??

Is the insurance fee calculated based on income?

The individual mandate portion of the ACA requires everyone to buy insurance or pay a tax penalty if they're not covered by an employer. Low income applicants get a tax credit.

Also, I don't know if it's changed now, but fifteen or twenty years ago insurance companies would look for any reason to exclude anyone who might have a pre-existing condition. EDIT: Now that I look, that's expressly forbidden by the ACA now.

Thanks.... I guess that's as good as it could get considering the 2 party "we blockade each other to the death" mindset in politics.

One last thing, what about employers? Is insurance a shared burden between company and employee or is it 100% on the employee?

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 26, 2016, 15:57 eRe4s3r

I thought it would be interesting to note.. that shouting at your HDD can damage it Source: The internet (youtube)  

38. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 26, 2016, 09:16 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 09:00:
because by offloading the burden to the sick and poor ONLY you have created an asocial health care system

Under OC the exchange insurance plans "for the poor" are subsidized by the more expensive regular plans that everyone else buys. There is no burden placed on the poor, it's one of the few well-written parts of the bill.

Otherwise, OC is a republican wet dream that they can't even admit is their own baby because Obama signed it. The actual left-wing wants a single payer system but in the right wing controlled congress that just wasn't going to get passed. OC wasn't any part of the systemic overhaul that we desire, but it was a step in the right direction for certain reforms that were needed.

Ah thanks So normal health insurance pays the insurance for poor? What about a requirement to actually be insured if ye working a normal job (and hence removing the 2nd issue, namely that only sick people would be insured which creates huge uncovered costs in the system (aside from the already extremely high cost medical system in the US, lacking any oversight and regulations??))??

Is the insurance fee calculated based on income?

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Sep 26, 2016, 08:33 eRe4s3r

I always considered Pac Man a symbol of capitalism, not consumerism..., the ghosts are competitors who protect their cookies, pacman is the evil CEO that buys them out and shuts them down (think Yahoo) while the cookies are progress toward market domination.

And with that, one has to conclude.. that personal social bias will always influence how you perceive reality.

As a child, I only considered a weirdly addictive point race though Social commentary, if it even had any, was only added when I played it many years later.

36. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 26, 2016, 08:00 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 02:33:
Slick wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 22:03:
Cutter wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 21:15:
Slick wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 19:44:
Just like how the democrats distanced themselves from Obama in 2010? They got trounced. They need to toe his line in order to get re-elected. Not all of them will, but the majority will.

No, they failed to act and that's why they got the boot. They had complete control and didn't do anything with it.

Oh come on, the republicans started project scorched earth and were nuking obama on everything from day one. The democrats got scared, and instead of standing up to the bullshit nonsense, they ran from it, and ran from Obama.

They all saw a better chance to get re-elected by distancing themselves from their president. Many of them publicly denounced obama in a last-minute bid to get re-elected, and most of them lost their seats.

While Obama was busy spending all of his political good will doing the noble (yet stupid) act of reaching across the aisle, the GOP would have none of it, and the attacks were continuous. Pussy ass democratic representatives said: "hoo boy, they really don't like this guy, uhhh, errr, i don't like him either! someone like me?"

Nice summation. Basically this. Dems F'd up, and Obama spent 2-3 years longer than he should have giving a fuck about "bipartisanship." Funny now that he has no fucks to give and does what he thinks is best that his approval rating is higher than ever.

Explain to me something, what power does a President in the US have nowadays? Back in my days and in Germany, when the chancellor wanted something, he sat with media and other parties, negotiated a deal, and pushed it through with compromises and plenty of beer if needed. If a pressing issue had to be decided, NOBODY was allowed to leave the parliament until it was signed and done. (I remember 2 day marathon meetings between party leaders with actual results)

I am not saying this lead to good decisions all the time, but it meant that no decision that was important was blocked by political bickering.

A good comparison is the health insurance.
Here in Germany, it is mandatory because in part of our social law, it would be illegal to only join it if you became sick. Since this would put a huge burden on only sick people (who then have to pay extreme insurance fees or the tax payer) Instead, everyone has to be health insured so that the load is balanced equally. This is the very definition of a "social system" it is the opposite of social if you end up with a health insurance that is optional because only sick and poor people would really need it.

My point is, what in the heavens led to the US obamacare being how it is? Was it 1 party blocking needed laws and reforms?

You gotta see this from my point of view, to me what you got in the US is WORSE than no health-care, because by offloading the burden to the sick and poor ONLY you have created an asocial health care system. Or better put, segregation of the sick (in social terms).. which leads to a 2 or even 3 class medicine, where the best chance of survival only exists if you are rich

It is rather baffling to me that the law could be put into place like that in the US

19. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 25, 2016, 16:59 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 16:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 16:24:
What is there to debate, from an outside view, Trump dominates the news.. 100%
Along with the bottom half of the bell curve.

Maybe, but fact is Trump is pure reality TV and this sells like hotcakes because his name always brings clicks to the news sites... it's a self-feeding prophecy of doom.

Also I wonder (honestly) if Trump means anything he says... I know that most "before election" talk is bullshit, but he says a lot of controversial stuff, that I would be curious just to see happen.... mainly to see the world burn ;p

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2016, 16:37 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 12:30:
Yahoo countersues stooped customers.

Meanwhile whoever owns the copyright on the ! sign makes a living from Register UK news headline writers.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 25, 2016, 16:35 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 12:15:
Ouch, people jumped in big time on GTA5 at $40? Not a good sign, for people hoping for better Steam deals, such as myself.

It's good to see D:OS2 on there though, although I'm probably going to pick up my Kickstarter key for that on Gog, not Steam.

Yeah played for.. 8 hours in the beta and have to say it has it ups and downs, I pledged for it and what not, but I have real doubts this TAG system for dialog is well thought out. It seems to me it is highly flawed, and breaks immersion and the writing even more than this was the case in D:OS 1

** To explain
In this game your char has tags.
RACE, GENDER, CLASS, BACKGROUND/TRAIT, Unique

And the dialog triggers responses for all of those, meaning your UNIQUE dialog is often just a SINGLE extra choice. And among that 1 unique choice, you are still left with the "generic" dialog all the time... which makes it feel weird and out of character.

10294 Comments. 515 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo