Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12765 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield V Beta Opens
38. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 8, 2018, 15:37 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 12:21:
Slightly off topic, but I had to install new drivers, 399.07 or something, for the BFV beta, and it made my GTX1070 stutter a fair amount. Rolled back one release(398.82), every other game runs fine, although of course I can't use the demo even if I still had it installed.

Anybody else get stuttering issues with that driver, 399.07? Windows 8.1 64bit.

Odds are they will release another driver after BFV release, but 399.07 broke several games for me. *Shakes fist at the sky*

none that I have noticed, on w10 with 1070 and obviously the same driver since it was forced*

What games did it break?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 8, 2018, 15:35 eRe4s3r

BF5 - Snowflake edition ;p  

36. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 8, 2018, 10:01 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 02:42:
Slick wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 01:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 15:49:
Slick wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 13:52:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 08:49:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 08:18:
Slick wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 06:19:
You're joking right? "Its hard to know who to shoot at cause of the skins"??
It's happened to me once or twice.
It's happened to everyone and anyone who says they haven't done it or it hasn't happened to them just doesn't realize it.
Being color blind makes it even worse. Friendly fire isn't

Maybe I'm just special?

Literally never happened to me once that I can think of in an FPS game. The reaction and decision to fire happens much faster than if I ever bothered to see what I'm shooting at. Infact, I'd be hard pressed to tell you what class I just killed in almost any instance, unless I'm seeing their profile and see the silouette of their gun clearly. But yeah, I'm mostly seeing outlines.

*scared child's voice* I see hitboxes.

Except the outlines are identical for all... you shoot on markers, not on enemy outlines Something they said wasn't going to be a thing, except it is yet again because if everyone has a marker who is friendly then all enemies also have a marker...

I mean i only see the outline of a human form as a target, i don't process any colour or design detail before i'm shooting or not. after i kill them i have a chance to see what they look like. maybe "outline" isn't the right word, but i think you know what i mean. It all happens way too fast, nobody is trying to look for a nazi uniform or not to see if they're going to shoot, the UI very clearly shows who's an ally, and you can infer then who isn't. it's pretty simple.

That's why the persistent patch resistant "red tag" bug was so bad in the BF2 days.

Exactly, and of course I know what Slick means, but the way BF5 implemented this means playing without TAGS is impossible, there is no way to tell at even a moderate distance whether an OUTLINE is ally or enemy. Believe me, I tried. half of my play-time was doing this, running around with a G3 with first scope upgrade as assault to see if I could tell people apart after setting tag opacity down. I couldn't.

This of course means the whole thing about customization is just absurd, nothing you do to your character is gonna be really visible in battle or to the enemy, because you are busy shooting at movement since you'd have a hard time seeing ANYTHING that doesn't move. BF5 is in some way a campers dream. I honestly hadn't expected that the customization would play that little of a role, but it's really simple. Engagement distances are often very far, you can't see anything, often not even the general color of the enemy uniform. You can't tell what weapon anyone has either, assault and sniper weapons sound identical to a single shot MG attack, which is pretty bad but whatever.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 7, 2018, 22:59 eRe4s3r

The fact that FIFA and NBA and NHL games have this up the whazoo makes the entire point of the article null and void.  

30. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 7, 2018, 15:49 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 13:52:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 08:49:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 08:18:
Slick wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 06:19:
You're joking right? "Its hard to know who to shoot at cause of the skins"??
It's happened to me once or twice.
It's happened to everyone and anyone who says they haven't done it or it hasn't happened to them just doesn't realize it.
Being color blind makes it even worse. Friendly fire isn't

Maybe I'm just special?

Literally never happened to me once that I can think of in an FPS game. The reaction and decision to fire happens much faster than if I ever bothered to see what I'm shooting at. Infact, I'd be hard pressed to tell you what class I just killed in almost any instance, unless I'm seeing their profile and see the silouette of their gun clearly. But yeah, I'm mostly seeing outlines.

*scared child's voice* I see hitboxes.

Except the outlines are identical for all... you shoot on markers, not on enemy outlines Something they said wasn't going to be a thing, except it is yet again because if everyone has a marker who is friendly then all enemies also have a marker...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2018, 15:46 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 15:45:
There's like, no difference in those before and after shots.

Sure there is, the left looks natural and the right like a freak of nature. (Bicycle legs we call them)

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 7, 2018, 15:44 eRe4s3r

60hz screen, lmao  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2018, 12:09 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 11:12:
Have you tried manually installing the "improved" version of Windows Update.
Have you tried Woodys methods from infoworld. How to speed up Windows 7 Update scans—forever
Have you tried http://download.wsusoffline.net/ that eRe4s3r recommended.

I've got time today if you want to install teamviewer. I'll unleash all 3 sizes of hammers and beat on those boxes while you walk the Gunnar man.

I had a vista box that would not install either sp1 or sp2 (can't remember which). I ended up installing it manually. Only took me a day and a half to figure out. luckily it was my personal machine so the billing was easy.

For Vista you need version 9.2.4 of WSUS Offline (ESR) and a pretty strong firewall...

Since it ain't an supported OS anymore and yeah, install without slipstreamed service packs can mess you up majorly.

Equally worth noting that Vista update system SUCKS, even if WSUS sidesteps it you still have problems with updates because of the improved windows update update catalog calculation hanging, and it's a total mess to prevent it from hanging on first boot

17. Re: Battlefield V Beta Opens Sep 6, 2018, 19:10 eRe4s3r

Osc8r wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 18:59:
What's the Time to Kill like i.e. does it just boil down to whoever fires first wins as some video's seem to suggest?

Think i'm still burnt out from BF1.

It's about the same as BF1, ie 5 bullets or more, or 2 sniper hits unless you get a headshot. Tried a few arounds with the G3 and was extremely unimpressed... in between making a good game and whatever this is they forgot to make gunplay fun, everything feels... weird. And the vehicles are 1:1 to BF1, honestly couldn't tell any difference aside from the slightly improved building destruction. For me this is a hard skip and instead I pre-ordered cyberpunk 2077 ;p

I gave it a fair chance though.

I dunno how to explain that, but in BF4 when you aim and do burst fire it behaves like you would expect, it just feels right, snappy and instant, in this game the weapons feel like they shoot pellets that have an ever so slight audio and visual delay. I'd chalk it up to "beta" but it ain't a beta, it is a demo. You can really feel how slow the bullets move though, and there are dozens of audio bugs. Like tanks not making ANY sound or the lack of footsteps (again...)

And seriously, but MG's shooting to the RIGHT of the barrel is just all kinds of fucked up. So much for "realistic" spread.

Add to this the absurdly stupid squad system which feels incrediblllllyyyyyyyy slow and cumbersome compared to BF4 instant switch I honestly couldn't tell if this game was supposed to be a prank or is meant for real. BF1 feels EXACTLY like this game, which is not a compliment at all for me. But if you like BF1 you will love this, it's BF1 improved.

What it isn't is the lessons they learned from nearly 2 years of BF4 patching. Nothing from that game is in BF5 and the tick-rate of the servers is 10, yes, 10, not 30, actually 10. And that's how it feels, everything has a 100ms~ server side delay to it especially noticeable when you spectate.

And just to put this into perspective, I continue to play BF4, I love that game, everything feels right, even when you hit, especially 60hz servers. Once you tasted how that feels, you can never go back. I'd even say BF1 and now BF5 feel like you have a muddy swamp around you instead of clean air. Everything is ever so slightly "off"

12. Re: Battlefield V Beta Opens Sep 6, 2018, 16:42 eRe4s3r

I uninstalled it Shitty gun mechanics, floaty movement, BF1 all over again.

Also don't use DX12, that's completely borked.

News Comments > Pearl Abyss Acquiring CCP Games
1. Re: Pearl Abyss Acquiring CCP Games Sep 6, 2018, 12:01 eRe4s3r

CCP will about as independent as Blizzard is from Activision... and that is, ZERO  

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires Kingdoms of Amalur
3. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires Kingdoms of Amalur Sep 6, 2018, 11:58 eRe4s3r

Man I would love a sequel, Amalur was one of the few unique entries in the genre with a kinda-fun although extremely simple and repetetive combat system.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
5. Re: Morning Patches Sep 5, 2018, 19:54 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Sep 5, 2018, 18:30:
You will no longer receive 4 times the BP because you were playing alone in a squad game

Well now I know where all my seemingly extra BP was coming from.
I like to do solo squad games because the kill opportunities are closer together. Down time really fucks with my aim being mostly a DMer even in CS (thought more accurately GunGame Turbo)

That's something any DM'er will sign, downtime in a match of any kind is your greatest enemy as the moment you lose direct initiative and full attention is the moment you lose. Doesn't even only apply to shooters. There is even a few studies done on this (attention economy) what kills you isn't road carnage ahead of you, what kills you is a long 50km straight road with no definitive features, what applies to driving applies to gaming....

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 5, 2018, 19:51 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 5, 2018, 19:31:
Great comments on that article calling those "trainee marks" lol and
"I'm not sure what offends my memories of my metal shop teacher more -- the length of the longest chatter track or the fact that there are three of them."

Trainee marks, or vodka marks, you be the judge.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
21. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 5, 2018, 17:07 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 5, 2018, 16:46:
I don't know about "nobody", but I agree it would put pressure on the morals of a large percentage of people. As I said earlier:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 5, 2018, 12:21:
Human nature is a bitch.

Or really the final culprit of this is that any legit crowd funding platform would not allow for such funding schemes to begin with. If people want to donate then give the guy a paypal account but having this run over a 3rd party on top of a 3rd party really screams moral dilemma.

I won't lie, it would test my morals extremely too. Which is why I don't get such absurd ideas, rather I support people at my local community instead of making their life a crowd fund goal.. oh well ;/

As you say, Human nature is a bitch

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 5, 2018, 16:16 eRe4s3r

El Pit wrote on Sep 5, 2018, 14:14:
Only $20K? That is all he got back for his whopping $20 investment? Just a 1000:1 ratio? This is NOTHING! I feel bad for him. Poor guy. He should just ask for his $20 back and should reject taking the rest.

So if you won 5 million $ you would give everything back aside from the cost for the lottery ticket? Your logic is kinda flawed there

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Sep 5, 2018, 14:39 eRe4s3r

J wrote on Sep 5, 2018, 12:36:
If only there was some way of condensing that information into a more easily manageable, and digestible form Thinking2

Don't be absurd, PUBG players can not handle "PUBG V1.21"

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2018, 13:13 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 12:19:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 12:00:
Worker glued the hole he found and didn't report it. Russia, where only the best of the best work on spaceships.
No different than other places where they ignore the person who mentioned that the booster o-rings were not rated for cold temps.

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/langley/news/researchernews/rn_Colloquium1012.html

sigh

I guess what counts is whether this leads to change, because a worker not reporting a HOLE is a whole different class of fuckup than leadership ignoring the report. You can throw leadership out, often that's only 1 person, but your entire worker base?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 4, 2018, 13:08 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 12:05:
'Help us fleece you!' - 2K. Fuckin' sleazemerchants.

2K in a nutshell

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2018, 12:00 eRe4s3r

Worker glued the hole he found and didn't report it. Russia, where only the best of the best work on spaceships.  

12765 Comments. 639 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo