Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10047 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 13, 2016, 17:49 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 07:25:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 07:17:
loomy wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 23:22:
Task wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 19:08:
Russia Today article, which has more truth on it than any POS Western Media organization

when multiple people tell you you're crazy, you should listen to them. your perspective of reality is warped and wrong. you need to listen to us if you want to save yourself. putin is a dictator and RT is putin.

It's actually amazing how many people think Russia Today is a news outlet.... but then I often find that especially older people have nearly no media competence and do NOT check who wrote the news story, instead they believe whatever you serve them, as long as it is posted on some "alternative" media.. bah

It amazes me how many people, and often younger people, think the mainstream forms of media are so bad they flock to ones that clearly have even less oversight towards any kind of honesty.

Young people can't know what is good and what is bad reporting. You need to have a certain level of education and awareness of world politics as well as your countries social and political structures to understand what is propaganda and what isn't.

Also there is the real problem that nowadays many people want opinion reinforcement in their news media, not challenge. This can hardly be blamed on their age, rather the society they grow up in that does no longer value (or never really valued) critical thinking.

And then you have older people who in their over emphasized critical thinking don't believe the moon landing was real. Imo those are completely lost. You can not convince someone of the opposite if all he is looking for is proof for his world view.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 13, 2016, 07:17 eRe4s3r

loomy wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 23:22:
Task wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 19:08:
Russia Today article, which has more truth on it than any POS Western Media organization

when multiple people tell you you're crazy, you should listen to them. your perspective of reality is warped and wrong. you need to listen to us if you want to save yourself. putin is a dictator and RT is putin.

It's actually amazing how many people think Russia Today is a news outlet.... but then I often find that especially older people have nearly no media competence and do NOT check who wrote the news story, instead they believe whatever you serve them, as long as it is posted on some "alternative" media.. bah

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 13, 2016, 07:13 eRe4s3r

TOS is not legally binding anyway beyond the established laws in your local country... so why read it?  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Punishing Teamkillers
3. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Punishing Teamkillers Jul 12, 2016, 00:23 eRe4s3r

DukeFNukem wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 00:20:
Permanent ban for team killing is ridiculous unless your game is free-to-play. Ban them for 2 weeks and let them team kill as long as they want. I guarantee you anybody who actually wants to play the game will stop after a couple of 2 week bans. Make it 30 days even but permanent is overkill.

Permanent bans make them more money ,)

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Mission Pack
2. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Mission Pack Jul 11, 2016, 21:22 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 18:52:
The revolution will not be televised
The revolution will not be brought to you by Xerox
In 4 parts without commercial interruptions
The revolution will not show you pictures of Nixon
Blowing a bugle and leading a charge by John Mitchell
General Abrams and Spiro Agnew to eat hog maws
Confiscated from a Harlem sanctuary
The revolution will not be televised

But it will be livestreamed...

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 11, 2016, 20:20 eRe4s3r

For Pokemon Go you also have to accept a permission list that is 3 pages long on Android.. and the privacy issue is exactly the same there.  

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 11, 2016, 15:32 eRe4s3r

well, that is what happens when you have people walk around aside Maybe safer to just sit at home and game there eh?  

News Comments > Op Ed
40. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2016, 05:02 eRe4s3r

Devinoch wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 02:13:
If you think it's unethical and illegal for someone to have an opinion

No...
I think it would be unethical for steam to pay for opinions

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2016, 00:55 eRe4s3r

I feel like to end this weird exchange, let's make 1 thing clear. Cliffski talks about impartial reviews. A store recommendation isn't a review. It's literally the opposite of impartial as well, worst case, a paid-for, best case an selective advertisement. Same for the book snippets and the Album "sponsored" nonsense on iTunes. Those are not reviews, those are ads. And at least in German iTunes, clearly marked as such.

What cliffski wants is STEAM employees writing impartial reviews.. for steam games. The "party" these reviews are employed by is the one making a profit with every sale. That is the OPPOSITE of impartial. If you don't see how that is unethical and hopefully also illegal then I am bedazzled.. but surely at the very least you see that these reviews are never impartial?? Do you not understand what the word impartial means here? How can a steam employed reviewer be impartial when reviewing games on Steam? And if he only reviewed the "more popular" games, he would not be creating reviews, he would be creating advertisement.

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Cliff Makes Sense Jul 10, 2016, 20:47 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 16:27:

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 15:16:
Good idea, also illegal as fuck.. store reviewing it's own sold products when that store also sells their VERY OWN products.. in what 3rd world country does the guy live where this is allowed and legal?

With 6000+ Windows games on Steam your point mind hold water if Valve made 5999 of them, or 2000, or 1000, or 500, or 100, or 50, or even 35... See where I'm going.
Would it be illegal for Valve to review games that they did not make? I guess it would be illegal for them to post something like this
Play the world's number 1 online action game. Engage in an incredibly realistic brand of terrorist warfare in this wildly popular team-based game. Ally with teammates to complete strategic missions. Take out enemy sites. Rescue hostages. Your role affects your team's success. Your team's success affects your role.
Because they do it on the main store page of Counter-Strike. So Valves reviewers can't review Valve games. I'm ok with that.

With the VR funding initiative the waters would get blurred hard though... also that blurb is not a review, that is a sales pitch. And the Nr.1 claim is fact. On Steam that game IS number 1 according to all stats.... however sad that might be ,) You have to be truthful when you sell shit but nowhere does it say you have to show reviews.

My main point is that unless you could guarantee 100% impartial independent and not prejudging reviews this would open a can of worms that is absolutely unneeded and potential nightmare material. It would take 1 bribed "official" reviewer and this entire system tumbles down in a shitstorm

And for what? So that Cliff gets 1 fair review?

Even if, assuming Steam would be banned from reviewing it's own made (and funded) stuff, this were legal, unless every reviewer would disclose essentially their entire life SOME dev SOMEWHERE is gonna sue. You know it will happen. And I don't see why that is in any way a good idea.

Keep such nonsense away from Steam is what I am saying

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Jul 10, 2016, 20:35 eRe4s3r

Devinoch wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 17:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 15:16:
Good idea, also illegal as fuck.. store reviewing it's own sold products when that store also sells their VERY OWN products.. in what 3rd world country does the guy live where this is allowed and legal?

"Illegal." That's hilarious, dude. I mean, A+, amazing trolling here. Like, the level of ignorance on display is truly astounding. Double down next time.

Illegal in the EU at least, for sure, unethical as fuck everywhere else. Collusion and danger of bribery and corruption.. and for what? So that 1 fair review per game gets showcases SOMEWHERE on steam?

Anyway, no point to reply to you beyond that~

I just think this would destroy walls that should not be destroyed. Steam is a store, it's bad enough that with VR funding and hardware sales it's a muddy as hell affair already, it is not the place you go to to cry when user reviews beat your game up.

What Steam needs is MORE distance from reviews, not less. A better rating system for user reviews and a better rating and report system to use ON user reviews....

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2016, 20:59.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jul 10, 2016, 15:16 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 9, 2016, 14:39 eRe4s3r

Fantaz wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 14:36:
everyone i know is playing pokemon go... good job nintendo!

And everyone else yet to get the DL option in the store is waiting direly not gonna risk a ban

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 9, 2016, 13:25 eRe4s3r

Pokemon Go is quite ingenious to get people to explore nature (haha).. now if only it would launch in Germany....  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: reasons Jul 9, 2016, 13:18 eRe4s3r

Genesys wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 13:07:
Well, you have to admit it's balanced reporting :)

Balanced in the way that both are clickbait

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 9, 2016, 13:09 eRe4s3r

ViRGE wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 06:29:
I'm not even sure I'd call that a game? It's a visual novel with pre-rendered figures. Which isn't to knock the gameplay, but "NSFW game" brings something entirely different to mind.

Well it is certainly NSFW.. but so is 90% of bluesnews on a friday

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 9, 2016, 12:46 eRe4s3r

I give it 3 weeks...  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: The Crazy Plan One Guy Used To Get The World's Highest Steam Level Overnight… Jul 9, 2016, 12:25 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 10:55:
$13,000 on games he'll most likely never play, to get a Steam badge. This is why humanity is doomed, people.

Spending money on games seems like a good, if not the best use of money imo...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Kentucky Anon Jul 8, 2016, 17:19 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 16:35:
At first I was going to say "He will have much lulz in prison", but I actually kind of agree with what he did, so it's (bleeping bleepbleep) that he will undoubtedly get a longer prison sentence than the two "football players" who got 1 and 2 years in prison for what was described as a "horrific rape of a teenage girl."

As always, in the US, the answer to "How can I get away with shit and not go to jail?" is:

A) Be rich
B) Be a football player

You forgot
C) Be white

*Just read this http://www.vox.com/2015/5/28/8661977/race-police-officer so I am in cynical mood now ;p

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
51. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 8, 2016, 17:02 eRe4s3r

saluk wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 16:10:
"Other than the planets"... erm. You mean other than the primary reason the devs built this game? Yes, this game is going to be a pretty planet simulator. That's probably all it is. I'm cool with that, considering how early we are in the development of the pretty planet simulator genre.

No Man's Sky has to exist before my ultimate dream game will.

I think some people are incredibly short sighted - both those who think that NMS IS going to be that ultimate dream game, and those who think that if it ISN'T, it's a complete failure.

The thing though is, that your dream game, assuming that is an procedurally generated saga with the planet visuals of Mass Effect only that you can walk everywhere, and shoot everything, or.. you know, not, is never gonna happen as long as these developers target consoles with outdated hardware and inferior performance in all regards.

10047 Comments. 503 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo