Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11352 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Split-screen and Controller Support
6. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Split-screen and Controller Support Aug 2, 2017, 22:39 eRe4s3r

As Backer I have played the beta and gotta say it's shaping up really REALLY nicely  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month
8. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 2, 2017, 22:28 eRe4s3r

DarkCntry wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 19:22:
I saw the shadow flickers, but honestly that's small fries and probably something that's a fairly simple fix...

I also didn't see these supposed Viper-agile Battlestars, I did see one instance of an animation that had a jitter while the Battlestar was changing direction at about 1:32, but I don't think that's indicative of super-agile capital ships.

That said, I had hoped that this game would be closer to Black Labs' previous game, Star Hammer, in style, but it doesn't appear to be.

The game is basically a Flotilla (Steam) clone

Which means the auto-cam they showed from the replay was piecing together turns, yes, literally turns, where ships could "jump" from going somewhere to suddenly turning starkly or whatever... when I saw this in a let's play I was kinda put off tbh.

Because where Flotilla has a neat element (shots simulated and all that) this is just a really cheap varation with a lot less style, and a lot more low quality graphics... where is the FLAK screen? Where are the hundreds or thousands of raiders? Where are the nuke explosions?

Entire trailer is kinda "meh" as well... too bad really, BSG deserves some quality game for once... but this one focuses on turn based fleet command instead of the epic battles you'd expect after the most recent show...

Also I find it amazing that in the year 2017 there are still developers that manage to make space combat look kinda boring.. after the Expanse put realistic space-combat on the radar there there is really no excuse, after having seen that show, this trailer looked like the re-enactment of a combat scene by pre-schoolers.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 2, 2017, 18:31 eRe4s3r

Phasenoise wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 14:18:
Technically, it's declining because they won't build out their infrastructure while happily selling plans which require it.

No, technically it's because they are overselling their lines by several factors. So that would inherently change with a better network... they would still oversell fiber networks by 8x or more

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: IBM's world record- 330TB uncompressed data on a palm-sized tape cartridge. Aug 2, 2017, 18:21 eRe4s3r

MeanJim wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 17:34:
Of all the backup devices I have ever used, the tape drive has been the least reliable. The tapes aren't the problem, it's the tape drive that always fails, and it usually takes the tape with it.

It's because what you get on the free market is all junk, I've seen the real tape drives in a backup archive (fully automated) deep underground (had more than 7PB of storage in tapes) and those never failed. The robotic arm neither, but that was in a fully climate controlled shielded room, aka, EMP secured clean room on shock-absorbing dampeners...

TL;DR; German Universities take data security very very serious. And tape is the way for this, not for casual backup though. a HDD lasts a lot longer than any public tape storage or drive system.

News Comments > Creative Assembly Turning 30; Free Total War: WARHAMMER Unit Plans
1. Re: Creative Assembly Turning 30; Free Total War: WARHAMMER Unit Plans Aug 2, 2017, 17:11 eRe4s3r

Seems to me this is only available after the 10th... btw, Skaven confirmed (yeah, I know I am late for this, but I completely missed that some press leaked that info)

I will get this game just because of Skaven ^^

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 2, 2017, 10:05 eRe4s3r

Companion robot defeated by stairs though.... maybe they should call the Daleks for some helpful pointers

Ps.: Windows eye control means it always tracks where you look, creepy!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Next Month
8. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Next Month Aug 2, 2017, 07:43 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 21:50:
It's not in a jungle so it's already more interesting to me than Heart of Thorns.

That moment... when I realize that I am really glad I got no idea what you mean.

Guild Wars 1 played like watching paint dry, it actually made me run away to Mabinogi and then I was burned from MMO's entirely.... I can not stand this grindy gameplay and shitty world design, zero character development... just BAH

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 1, 2017, 19:18 eRe4s3r

Those x399 boards all look like someone put design over function times 50  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2017, 11:51 eRe4s3r

Imo it's always a good idea to look for a place to live in winter, tells you whether the heating works right or not, and whether windows are properly isolated... and of course how good the insulation around pipes is...  

News Comments > BioWare Montreal team and EA Motive Sitting in a Tree
2. Re: BioWare Montreal team and EA Motive Sitting in a Tree Aug 1, 2017, 11:21 eRe4s3r

It's too bad for the people, but this just shows what happens when shitty management is unleashed and 2 studios basically sabotage each other because the people in charge are fucking idiots who couldn't look beyond the molehill they built their respective castles on.  

4. Re: AI Invents Language That Humans Can't Understand: System Shut Down Before It Evolves Into Skynet Aug 1, 2017, 10:38 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 03:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 18:24:
I feel like that article made me 50 IQ points dumber just by reading it... that is a new record... so Alice and Bob talked and glitched.. wow.. what danger..such amaze! Considering that thing can't even make breakfast this is a really hilariously stupid headline. In reality, all this was was a bug between 2 chat bots as there are millions in any large IT project.

I've had chat-bots in IRC that did this 15 years ago!

That headline got you, jaded reader, to click. Therefore it was brilliant and accomplished its mission.

The truly sad part is.. that that is true ;(

I love the follow up news-bit by an ACTUAL tech news site though. Clearly this one, despite having "tech" in it's name, is run by dyslexic hamsters.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
48. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Aug 1, 2017, 10:33 eRe4s3r

Where is SQ42 ..... that's really all I care about, couldn't give 2 ct (and didn't) for anything else....  

2. Re: AI Invents Language That Humans Can't Understand: System Shut Down Before It Evolves Into Skynet Jul 31, 2017, 18:24 eRe4s3r

I feel like that article made me 50 IQ points dumber just by reading it... that is a new record... so Alice and Bob talked and glitched.. wow.. what danger..such amaze! Considering that thing can't even make breakfast this is a really hilariously stupid headline. In reality, all this was was a bug between 2 chat bots as there are millions in any large IT project.

I've had chat-bots in IRC that did this 15 years ago!

News Comments > AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed
22. Re: AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed Jul 31, 2017, 18:03 eRe4s3r

Can we fund a kill-bounty fund for crypto miners? Because that seems cheaper than buying any card right now.. wtf. Availability is so low you might as well hire an assassin and pwn a miner for his cards instead.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2017, 04:56 eRe4s3r

Saboth wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 23:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 12:37:
Pyre is imo a pretty damn amazing game

When I learned it was an RPG, I almost bought it, but then I read reviews about it being something of a basketball/rugby game. I avoid sports games like the plague, so figured I'd maybe get it on sale later.

To me it's a visual novel with isometric shooter mechanic undercover in a ritual with a glowy sphere, 2x3 dudes and 2 goals.

Depends on how you look at it, but this should not stop you. If you enjoy fantastic art and an absolute mind-fuck of a story/character assortment then you will enjoy this game. replayability is very low though, there are many things you can only discover by losing (intentionally or otherwise) during the playthrough, which is not optimal.

And you got 2 hours to decide.. use that refund function if you hate it. It's what it is there for. ^^

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2017, 04:46 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 19:33:
Cutter wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 14:18:
The U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington, D.C., on Friday ordered aviation regulators to consider setting minimum standards for the space airlines give passengers.

Really? That's it? Not set an actual standard, simply consider one? Well gee that's a big help isn't it? Rolleyes

So an article about a new blue flower and not one single picture? Rolleyes

Helf, you get your Vive yet?

Yeah, but had a shit short day at work so got it setup, updated, placed, I got to finally spend some time in Bridge Crew.

Few things I've noticed... like a lense glare off the lenses at first (finally found 'the sweet spot'). HTC can't make software for shit (not the Vive itself but it's storefront and the 3 different HTC pages to register/setup/store front). Also there is a circular pattern on the lenses that at least for now is noticeable to me, as well as the hexagon screen door look.

The price you pay for a head-set with 150g less weight. Had these been glass lenses with nano-coating to kill glare, and refraction tuning to kill the pattern (requires more than 1 lense) you would have a perfect image... well, in 1 very specific sweet spot.

In the attempt to make it a mass market tool HTC/Rift sacrificed image quality hard. (And also, they probably didn't want to pay the $$$ for modern nano-coated mineral glass lenses (you'd have needed at least 3 per eye), which only very few high-tech companies can even build...

Basically, this is why I don't buy into VR yet. Until manufacturers offer me QUALITY over "IT WORKS, BARELY" I will not buy it. And obviously wireless is not ever gonna be a thing for me either, mounting a high gain WIFI antenna to my brain is not ever gonna happen

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2017, 12:57 eRe4s3r

Be sure to disinfect that place wherever the poop did a landing properly though, tons of scary stuff in bird poo....  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 30, 2017, 12:53 eRe4s3r

Bishi wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 12:51:
There's only one internet in America

And it's most definitely the worst Unless you know a better one....

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 30, 2017, 12:37 eRe4s3r

Pyre is imo a pretty damn amazing game  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Jul 30, 2017, 03:09 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jul 29, 2017, 22:18:
MeanJim wrote on Jul 29, 2017, 18:51:
Children, adults suffer carbon monoxide poisoning in video game trailer.
That wasn't the kind of "video game trailer" I was expecting.

I agree, that headline made absolutely no sense until I read the article. I didn't know that kind of trailer existed.

So I wasn't the only one who was going WTF the entire article, I still don't even understand what that trailer was FOR.

11352 Comments. 568 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo