Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10424 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
49. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 21:14 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 20:46:
It would help if some of y'all would actually read the damn letter instead of producing uneducated drivel. The letter specifically says...

So for Star Citizen Alpha 2.6 we’re going to share our internal schedule and its breakouts on a weekly basis.

Very simple, no rocket surgery. The schedule they are sharing is solely about PU alpha version 2.6, i.e. it is not about the entire project, not about Squadron 42 and not about when Christ Roberts is getting his hair dyed again or when Sandi Gardiner is going to get a boob job. Capisce?

Thanks for mentioning that... but who cares about the PTU 2.6 somewhen in December though when SQ42 was supposed to release this month and a final EP1 was supposed to be showcased at citizencon, but wasn't? And yes, the letter clearly talks about the PTU, but the schedule report pages does talk about Squadron 42... only to then quickly not ever mention it again ;p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Previews
4. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 19, 2016, 20:34 eRe4s3r

Well, I guess I should scratch that game off my want list.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
45. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 20:27 eRe4s3r

Tumbler wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 15:46:
These internal projections only go as far as Dec 8th!?

How about the projected date for sq42? Or just the next 13 months in general?

The game continues to look amazing but the timelines of when well be able to actually play this game never seem to get clearer.

Exactly, SQ42 isn't even listed in their worked on projects, and this could mean a variety things, but one of them being that it's not being worked on currently by any internal RSI studio doesn't exactly inspire confidence....

Also how the fuck do they constantly ignore SQ42? Do they not realize a ton of money hinges on the fact whether they actually show what was promised? And no SQ42 demo on citizencon, no previews, no schedules for it... we hear nothing of value out of that company. Tons of words, but no substance... that entire email I got could have been summed up with "yo, we now have incomplete (WHY?) internal schedules of no real value so you are even more confused"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 17:30 eRe4s3r

El Pit wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 10:33:
Anything that has more than four legs is not welcome to my home and will get killed on sight. Easy rule.

Same, although to be fair I draw the line at insects, I would never harm a bird or a fox or any other animal (and yes, I know how that sounds from a meat eater ,p). Now I know spiders are not insects... but 6 legs and this uncanny speed, no thank you.

Thankfully I live in Germany where the only dangerous thing about spiders is that you might get a cough from the RAID gas ,p It is also why I would never willingly move anywhere where there are deadly spiders. Australians are bad-ass in my eye for living there, and being able to deal with that deadly threat in such a calm way.

And that said, the video was extremely satisfying to me, not because of spiders, but because of that flame thrower sound. Damn that thing had some oohmph

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 17, 2016, 21:50 eRe4s3r

That Apple related news bit is really amazing, first off, they aren't repairing nor fixing it, they are replacing phones, and secondly, they don't move your data over, so good luck to you getting your phone back to how it was before. That's really shitty customer service

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 17, 2016, 20:03 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 15:18:
50 dollar android tablet, yay or nay?

kindle app is free, if you already have some that has android...

But obviously you can't expect the world for 50$

News Comments > RollerCoaster Tycoon World Rolls Out
26. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World Rolls Out Nov 17, 2016, 17:49 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 11:29:
One thing that has become apparent, there seems to be a group of people going out of their way to dump hard on RollerCoaster Tycoon World and singing praise of perfection for Planet Coaster. I have no doubt that one can be bad and one can be good, but it seems a bit uncanny, a bit fabricated in feel.

But it is ireally not fabricated, Atari fucked up development of RTCW so hard that what we are left with is a broken mess, they released it prematurely just to compete with Planet Coaster, which is imo a HUGE dick-move by Atari, because, I might have to repeat that, the early access period for RTCW was a scam no active development or listening to feedback. What was released today is nearly the same as what was shown first thing on EA as beta.

And does it really surprise you that the cynical posters here would jump on something like that? And ATARI being a total dick to top it off....

News Comments > etc., etc.
12. Re: 'No Man's Sky' Designer Quietly Leaves Hello Games To Work On 'Star Citizen'… Nov 17, 2016, 02:35 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 02:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 01:35:
Retired wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 23:30:
Shok wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 19:48:
ROFL even Derek Smart is piping in. Get that popcorn ready!

He has to. He sucks at making games, so he has to bully others.

Also a news outlet that quotes "him" for something that "he" has zero insight over is really saying a lot about that news outlet

Ps.: A Minecraft movie? Minecraft has a story?

https://telltale.com/series/minecraft-story-mode/

Ah That Minecraft story...

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: 'No Man's Sky' Designer Quietly Leaves Hello Games To Work On 'Star Citizen'… Nov 17, 2016, 01:35 eRe4s3r

Retired wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 23:30:
Shok wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 19:48:
ROFL even Derek Smart is piping in. Get that popcorn ready!

He has to. He sucks at making games, so he has to bully others.

Also a news outlet that quotes "him" for something that "he" has zero insight over is really saying a lot about that news outlet

Ps.: A Minecraft movie? Minecraft has a story?

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized
24. Re: Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized Nov 16, 2016, 20:27 eRe4s3r

Btw the new hardcore mode is absolutely amazing ^^ Has a few issues that need to be fixed, but I didn't play more fun rounds in quite a while.  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer
4. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer Nov 16, 2016, 16:32 eRe4s3r

Sho wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 16:21:
My one problem with this game is that it looks ugly. The quality of the artwork just isn't great.

Rendered sprites are always gonna be extremely expensive to properly integrate into a scene, none of the current Unity "revisions" of the older RPG's got this one right, sadly. To give you an idea, doing this right requires you to edit the tile once it is fixed, this requires baked tiles that you hand-edit very carefully, adding details in post, adding particle and animation overlays, but this ain't how the devs used Unity to render the scene. They make a scene in 3dsmax or maya, render that out, blot it out (interaction zones, walk paths, walls, LOS blockers etc. and then they cut it to fit the texture size limits of DX9 (which are a real thing).

If you skip the post editing stage on the "fixed" scene, you end up with how this looks. Specifically 0:23 for example, where things look like they are floating in a void due to how badly the shadow and texture interact.. but it's an RPG, and graphics are secondary

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2016, 16:16 eRe4s3r

I can't even start the original game (on W7 x64) .. so yeah

Also, in case you were not aware

the mod requires both official expansion packs - Desert Siege and Island Thunder

Which you probably only have if you have the GoG version (I don't) I have the original CD version

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2016, 16:22.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized
13. Re: Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized Nov 16, 2016, 16:06 eRe4s3r

no admin priv on a rented server.. wow, that is EA for ye  

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Nov 16, 2016, 03:57 eRe4s3r

MT Silver wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 02:52:
I thought it was absolutely awful and this video doesn't even come close to all the problems the movie has. What a huge piece of steaming dogshit. I'll never be excited for another Duncan Jones movie ever again.

He wasn't the one who wrote the majority of the script though, the movie was a shitshow even before he took over, which wasn't in-time to fix the direction of this titanic fail.

Really makes me wonder what kind of weird taste people have to like this, it was fantasy, but it was a factual badly made movie, the CGI vs human scenes stick out like a badly drawn cartoon, gomorra looks like a pathetic green imp, and there isn't a character arc to be found. Every character is 2 dimensional, which makes sense, the source material is from a 2D rts...

Either way, there are better youtube channels devoted to picking apart movies... and this one deserves not to be called good. But Chinese don't have the movie selection and history we have so yeah... Maybe a sequel will fix it, but not if Duncan Jones directs it. It's pretty clear that "Moon" was an 1 in a million hit. He can't direct character interactions worth a damn, which is funny, because Moon does only have 1 character....

The thing that bothers me is that every single person that says they liked this never actually says why. Which makes me think they just want to be contrarian OR they have seen much worse movies (in which case that is a good point, because I don't bother to watch the REALLY bad movies ,p)

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2016, 04:13.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Nov 16, 2016, 00:31 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 22:53:
I don't understand how they had such great source material to work with and used almost every opportunity to change key parts of the story. Makes me glad they likely won't be touching the story of the Lich King.

Now we have a janky movie story and a fucked up alternate universe story in the game.

The answer is the director. You give someone source material he doesn't have a clue about, you get this movie as result. Also I feel like not even Blizzard has a clue anymore, since the original creators of Warcraft 2 long since stopped working at that company.

But really, the deadliest sin of them all is putting the MAYBE only movie version of Warcraft in.. the Warcraft 2 lore range, the most boring story ever told, orks suck life out of their world, orks invade, orks get cut-off and battle a bit and lose and later alliance ensues, except they didn't even get to the alliance part.... since they wasted 30 minutes on pointless exposition.

Oh well, maybe we get a proper Warcraft movie, when they get to the 2nd one.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & Warning
2. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Warning Nov 15, 2016, 21:53 eRe4s3r

MacLeod wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 21:08:
And still no fix for the Battlefield issue apparently. *thumbs up NVidia*

indeed.. but you can roll back to whatever BF1 requires as driver when you disable the check via setting override... found the driver before BF1 actually runs the damn game better than the current up-to-date one.. and no more driver crashes!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2016, 14:28 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 14:18:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 13:29:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 01:29:
swedishfriend wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 23:30:
The noise from the tires is already much louder than the engine noise in many modern gasoline cars. When I am out walking I often hear the tire noise without ever hearing the engine of cars that are close.

Quality tires don't have that problem.

ALL tires make noise above a certain speed (25mph) and above 30mph you have wind noise.

This law is for speeds below that range where tires make (no) noise ^^

I wasn't suggesting there is NO sound. I was saying, the cheapies are the ones that make loud brown noise when a car is cruising by at neighborhood speeds. Higher end tires are typically much quieter.

My point was that there is no perceivable sound, especially in winter (where tires are harder) and when it is windy, I experience 2 hybrid cars in my street nearly daily, you can't hear them, flat out. Ok, the speed limit here is 30km/h , at that speed all I hear is a faint "shhhhh" sound from the tires when the car is passing me, that is. Not before, and not after.

Also tire noise really depends on the road surface too.... anyway, point is this law is about some very real problem with e-cars. They are ninjas and that isn't meant jokingly.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2016, 13:29 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 01:29:
swedishfriend wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 23:30:
The noise from the tires is already much louder than the engine noise in many modern gasoline cars. When I am out walking I often hear the tire noise without ever hearing the engine of cars that are close.

Quality tires don't have that problem.

ALL tires make noise above a certain speed (25mph) and above 30mph you have wind noise.

This law is for speeds below that range where tires make (no) noise ^^

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2016, 14:00.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Fall Update
11. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 13:27 eRe4s3r

That Suez fix is good but it really does not fix that the armored train is unkillable if the driver knows what he is doing.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2016, 23:47 eRe4s3r

Squirmer wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 16:32:
Uh a quick Google suggests there are about 5 billion 'shares' on Facebook every single day. If 1% is fake, that's like 50 million shares of fake content every day.

Exactly, 1% is a mindblowingly huge number when you have a few hundred billion shares over a year

10424 Comments. 522 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo