Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10932 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 25, 2017, 00:44 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 18:57:
Sorry for keeping on point, we can talk more about how WaltC said: "Ai chips are the same as magnets from the 1920's". Getting nostalgic for those "better times" Walt? Or just enjoying the reference to your actual childhood?

I like to think that think Walt was born in a landfill full of rusty WWI morphine syringes, ate nothing but newspaper and twine till he was 20, and claims he invented the charleston.

It's even more absurd when you consider that even big motor companies are now talking about AI and that we are pushing into prototyping of AI stage 3 of 5 (Motor companies only aim for 5th AI stage for cars, obviously you don't need a self-aware car, AI development for self-awareness comes at stage 6, sentience with creativity as well as fully emergent thought (not different from a human brain) is stage 7. If we were at stage 7 we'd also likely no longer would call it a machine, it is in all aspects a living thinking self-aware and HIGHLY intelligent being by then. With own unique personality and thoughts

So this is very real, and while stage 6 and 7 are far future, stage 5 is very real, and very feasible in the next 10 to 15 years. Motor companies are just not sure where a driver-less car would put them, as they could no longer sell a driver-less car to "drivers" obviously, these companies will have quite an interesting future ahead of them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 24, 2017, 17:24 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 12:38:
Oh, and WTF Nvidia, GDDR6?! What the fuck happened to HBM2? Is selling a card for $1100 not profitable enough to include this long-promised top-tier VRAM? Wow, 16Gbps instead of GDDR5X's 14Gbps. HOT DAMN.

You ask why GDDR6 instead of HBM2?

9 out of 10 times when a company does this, it's because the one is cheaper than the other.... guess which one is cheaper and produces higher yields in a fab-line.

And now wonder why AMD Vega is still MIA

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 24, 2017, 02:19 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 01:36:
If a game is designed for multiple playthroughs, I think it's fine. It was basically impossible to experience all of the content of Dead Rising 1 or 2 on the first playthrough so a second playthrough still felt fresh and interesting. Also, almost every rogue-like is designed for multiple playthroughs.

I don't know how fresh a second or third playthrough of NieR feels but I don't think the idea is inherently bad. Now, if the only meaningful difference between the playthroughs is the ending, that's problematic.

Do we really need to say this every single time? When you reach Ending A aka the end of the first playthrough you finished the prologue of the story, nothing more. Do you think I mean this somehow non-literal? I literally mean the prologue, the next playthrough is from a different perspective, same for the playthrough after that (which is a true continuation and from varying perspectives). Which then leads to endings C and D and the true Ending (E) (after reaching either ending C or D, you have free reign over where you go and what you do. You can teleport to every single part of the story and even replay parts you did with 1 character with another character, which can often lead to interesting new discoveries.

Someone who only has seen ending A has literally not even seen 30% of the game. And probably only 10% of the story. As especially the 2nd playthrough (due to hacking..) gives you a LOT of insight...

The time needed to beat the game is 50 hours and that was 100% unique content, no repeats of anything ^^ And as I said, there are 2 unique QUEST lines, as in each character has quests UNIQUE TO THEM which you can not even find when playing with other character.

This isn't a rogue lite, it's an action RPG. But someone who doesn't like the combat and all that, fair enough, but to say the story is bad is absurd. This game has one of the best stories of this decade. And I am not saying that lightly.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 23, 2017, 20:33 eRe4s3r

robdot wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 16:05:
I bought nier based on its rave reviews. This game sucks, and seems like a demo for a game due in a year. It's horribly repetitive,,full of stupid fetch quests, and forces you to run back and forth across the map for no reason other than to pad a horribly short "game". You never get any actual skills or abilities..and all the weapons are the same..I beat it in 12 hours, then I guess I am supposed to play through this stupidass game yet again,over and over. Stay far away.

ending A is the prologue of the game.... if you had actually played it "over" you would have noticed that it is not "over" again and again at all. There are 2 entirely different quest and story lines, and the final chapter (after Ending B) introduces new enemy types, quests, more gameplay and new character...

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins
29. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 23, 2017, 20:19 eRe4s3r

The joke is that DOW3 would work pretty nicely as just another HOTS map, you couldn't even tell the difference if the heroes and minions from Wh40k were actually in too. Graphics wise HOTS would even win that competition.

And that is imo one of the worst compliments to give to DoW3, because yeah, hots is *free* and has more gameplay variety (which considering it's a moba, is pretty funny). 1 game mode, map design, unit balance, in DoW 3 many things scream MOBA....

To me no hard-retreat makes it a no-sale by default. That was one of the best features in Dow 2 which is, I hate to say it, now looking like the better 40k RTS. Immersion wise Dow 3 is a joke. The Eldar sound.... not good.

All this at 60.. yeah, that is not gonna happen.

I think the real reason why this game turns me off so badly, is that it's a REALLY shit Warhammer 40k game, and a kinda good competitive RTS for e-sport circles.

But I don't buy this game for competitive e-sport, I buy it for Warhammer 40k atmosphere, and I will await indepth campaign reviews... 17 missions for 3 races already sounds kinda odd. That means tutorials, and ~5 missions per race? How would they even tell a coherent story this way?

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 23, 2017, 18:34 eRe4s3r

Meanwhile, youtube doesn't even notice.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Flow Video
6. Re: NVIDIA Flow Video Apr 23, 2017, 18:25 eRe4s3r

The effects are pretty good, but the way the fire behaves (fire blending into smoke so slowly and gradually) is still looking fake... and the way smoke behaves looks extremely fake

So still a few years away from photo realistic effects.... also, black smoke like that would soot that surface like nothing else. Which only adds to the fake appearance, Nvidia needs to step up their game

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 23, 2017, 14:28 eRe4s3r

Wow... whoever lost this lawsuit needs a new lawyer ASAP

Then again, it was Amsterdam, EU courts will likely shift this back to sane again.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 23, 2017, 12:35 eRe4s3r

Kajetan wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 07:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 00:55:
The best planet in the Solar System is clearly Mars No humans there for one...
There are no humans on other planets (expect Earth) as well ...

Far as we know

27. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 23, 2017, 12:29 eRe4s3r

Flo wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 06:56:
This is why RTS is a dead genre. It allows too much for skilled players to dominate, sort of like Quake, but what kids-these-days want is like Call of Duty where when you suck and die it notices and spawns you behind someone for an easy kill. Overwatch with its built in "abilities" like auto-aim and other no skill ultimates. Survival shooters where you sneak around looting until you shoot someone in the back and enjoy it because it wasn't you it was happening to.
So true...

Actually it may be true, but it's also irrelevant, DoW to me isn't just about RTS gaming, it's about Warhamer 40k atmosphere, grim dark gritty as fuck, and this game gets it TOTALLY wrong in such a way that this is the LoL fantasy world of Warhammer and not Warhammer 40k. Sumersaults with terminator armor and a thunder hammer, yes, that is STILL in the game. The weird way the melee system works, the magical "hides your stuff" brushes from LoL. There isn't much wrong gameplay wise (I'd give it a 7/10), but there is everything wrong atmosphere wise. And no annihilation game mode, in Warhammer 40k, a sci-fi universe about endless annihilation, that is downright comedic.

And the total FX overload. This isn't like in CoH2 where artillery really creates an immersive feeling of dust, craters and stuff, this is overcomplicated FX splattered in your face. And no deformable or destructible terrain, a substantial step back from CoH 2, heck, even from DoW 2.

And elite troop system unlocking grenades on tac marines is the dumbest thing ever put in a game. Any new player will get their ass handed to them without grenades. And that's just the few bits I noticed.

If you had read my rants about Overwatch you'd know that I hate this arcade gameplay in FPS, and I hate it in RTS, but what I hate far more then that is when a developer fucks up Warhammer 40k. Because this game can be the death of the license for good. We will not see real Warhammer 40k AAA titles anymore if this one fails. And such a heavy burned on such a laughable parody of Warhammer 40k makes me just incredibly sad.

And the lack of Victory points is downright maddening, no longer is a game open, the one who gets more map control by phase 3 (15 minutes) has *won*
The one who loses his entire army (magic brushes make this very possible) early on, has lost.

I've played 7 rounds, and 5 of them ended with someone GG'ing and quitting. So no, the mindset of Overwatch and assorted is still alive and well in this playerbase.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 23, 2017, 00:55 eRe4s3r

The best planet in the Solar System is clearly Mars No humans there for one...  

24. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 22, 2017, 22:07 eRe4s3r

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 06:22:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 05:27:
"Not actual gameplay footage."

I found that statement curiously refreshing. With that said, this is one of the worst trailers I've seen like ever.

And you can tell they didn't hire the team that did the original (absolutely fantastical) CGI trailer again. It's just mediocre ^^

23. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 22, 2017, 22:02 eRe4s3r

This review here, is soul shattering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDrmyvbXeIU

DoW3, the LoL clone.

Oh, and no close up zoom, no sync kills .. this ain't DoW ;p
And of course, pay to fucking win elite system from CoH 2....

News Comments > Everything Released
4. Re: Everything Released Apr 22, 2017, 16:01 eRe4s3r

I think the real news story here should be that just searching for "everything" + "steam" brings this game as first result. Google really knows what it's doing.  

News Comments > Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month
10. Re: Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month Apr 21, 2017, 23:35 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 15:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 11:05:
To be honest I liked the terribleness

Especially since this ->
http://www.moddb.com/mods/worldmerge

exists...

Can that be played in coop or is it just singleplayer?

I am pretty certain that worldmerge at least is SP only. It has a lot of unique loot items that are definitely not sharable. Aka, only 1 can pick them up, this includes the new quest items for the (very very very long) new "story line" that really makes you go everywhere on the map at some point.

That said, network button isn't grayed out, but I don't own the steam version of Two Worlds 2, so really no idea...

News Comments > Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month
2. Re: Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month Apr 21, 2017, 11:05 eRe4s3r

To be honest I liked the terribleness

Especially since this ->
http://www.moddb.com/mods/worldmerge

exists...

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 2017, 11:20.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 21, 2017, 10:39 eRe4s3r

Good luck Google, doing this would put you behind bars in the EU  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 20, 2017, 20:54 eRe4s3r

Yifes wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 20:36:
Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 12:32:
Key reselling sites wouldn't exist if not for the devs own actions with greed and regional pricing. If they start being fair sites like G2A will disappear.

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 12:19:
And if you sell your game for 10ct in Russia when it costs 10 in EU2 and EU1, well then sorry to say that, that's 100% your own fault. And I don't see why I should pay 10 for something that costs 10ct a click away...

So what do you propose? Cease all production on AAA games and all Devs start aiming for the <$10 game market? Or that people in poorer countries with lower GDP per capita start paying exorbitant prices for games?

If they can afford a gaming rig that can play AAA titles they are not "poor", like seriously not.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 20, 2017, 12:19 eRe4s3r

I have a hard time hating on G2A, you use it, then you probably also know what it is and what it isn't. The fact it exists is well known, any developer who cares enough about it is probably not going to throw 500k keys out into the world through a bundle, you only do that with "end-of-life" products anyway.

And if you sell your game for 10ct in Russia when it costs 10 in EU2 and EU1, well then sorry to say that, that's 100% your own fault. And I don't see why I should pay 10 for something that costs 10ct a click away...

That said, the charge-back fraud thing going on with keys sold on G2A has to be stopped, but that isn't a G2A problem either... credit card fraud happens because of credit card companies being shit at their job.

Ps.: and devs using a cheap payment provider with no fraud protection is the real, fundamental issue here. But you can't force DEVS to not be stupid.

News Comments > New AMD Drivers
8. Re: New AMD Drivers Apr 19, 2017, 16:28 eRe4s3r

I wonder why they release these cards though, is this a sign yields of Vega (which they MUST be producing already) are so disastrously bad that they can't cut features to meat a mid-end price point because they don't even meet their primary target?

Or is Vega really another 6+ months out....

10932 Comments. 547 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo