Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10297 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Faction Leaves German Index
6. Re: Red Faction Leaves German Index Oct 20, 2016, 19:37 eRe4s3r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 19:30:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 19:15:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 19:05:
For anyone interested what German bureaucrats consider too dangerous:
http://www.blood-is-red.de/mw/index.php?title=Liste_indizierter_Spiele

Too dangerous for minors.. anyone else can still buy it.. it's just not advertised and as such, stores without age check (like Steam) also have a problem ;p
Yeah. But its still very interesting what kind of games they put on that list. Blue Max for example, or A-10 Tank Killer.

Yeah most of these are pretty absurd, but many are no longer on the index, Blue Max was removed 2010 for example, that website is pretty outdated

(25 years is max) ^^

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA Statement
2. Re: SAG-AFTRA Statement Oct 20, 2016, 19:30 eRe4s3r

Grokk wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 19:22:
These companies are immensely profitable, and successful games — which are the only games this dispute is about
The time has come to end the freeloader model of compensation

I'm confused as to what they're saying. On one hand, they want to freeload off the work of a *only* successful companies, but on the other they want an end to "freeloading".

Not to mention if this passes, as a freelance artist I also want to be paid by random successful company in between jobs, that should be quite a laugh!

News Comments > Red Faction Leaves German Index
4. Re: Red Faction Leaves German Index Oct 20, 2016, 19:15 eRe4s3r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 19:05:
For anyone interested what German bureaucrats consider too dangerous:
http://www.blood-is-red.de/mw/index.php?title=Liste_indizierter_Spiele

Too dangerous for minors.. anyone else can still buy it.. it's just not advertised and as such, stores without age check (like Steam) also have a problem ;p

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Oct 19, 2016, 22:21 eRe4s3r

The news makes it sound like that is expensive.. but a game server, as in a rack you own/rent, costs about a third of that... per month ;p

25$ a month is nothing for clans, the TS server costs 15$ per month alone.

News Comments > Eagle Flight Takes Off on Rift
2. Re: Eagle Flight Takes Off on Rift Oct 19, 2016, 06:19 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 22:48:
And yet another VR 'tech demo'.

Even realistically you'd be looking at another 2 years before you see real games with VR support, the engines have to be rewritten lest you suffer huge performance problems and this is the prime issue.

Everyone seems to think the VR api doesn't "do" much, but in reality it deeply integrates in how rendering and control polling works, it can add a lot of latency especially if you are CPU bound already (on 1 thread).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 16:48 eRe4s3r

Acleacius wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 15:09:
Btw eRe4s3r remember ... Bernard's line during Skype? Think the direct quote is “tough to get a line out here,”

This seems to completely discount your theory.

Well yeah that line makes you wonder, but it could also mean they are in the arctic or underwater. Or even on a spacestation... Moon and Mars have much lower gravity than Earth, you might build everything heavier to compensate, but this would not explain why "customers" aren't jumping around everwhere

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 14:33 eRe4s3r

Acleacius wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 14:08:
Westworld....It might be obvious but just in case there is any doubt, the MIB can't be William. Dolores interacts with Bernard, who wasn't at the park 30 years ago (established by Ford and Bernard, episode 1). Not only that but Dolores then has gone on to interact with William and Logan current time (well what I consider current, starting precognition).

My theory of location if it's taking place during the 21st century, is the moon. As Jonathan slipped during a behind the scenes, then his wife Lisa got all snarky with him. There's no way we could colonize much less travel easily to Mars this century. It would also, explain why they keep complaining about Flies. They complain, because there shouldn't be any. So they must be someplace, in a wide open WORLD, where there are no flies. So it's not like it's some clean room that has an infestation, it must be much larger scale, a world. The only world(like) near enough to possibly travel without too much trouble in 50 years, is the Moon.

That seems like a huge logical jump ;p Imo it can just as well be underground on Earth. This would explain their water problem fairly well...

News Comments > Civilization VI Preloads and Launch Trailer
6. Re: Civilization VI Preloads and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2016, 06:06 eRe4s3r

Osc8r wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 23:38:
Please don't suck.
Please don't be full of stupid AI doing nothing else but pillaging your shit (which will be 50x more frustrating with the new city tiles).

That made me laugh, that was literally the first thing I thought when I heard they spread cities out across the hex map, because you KNOW the AI will abuse the shit out of this because it will shy away from attacking your fortified city. But it will raid the coastal areas and be a major pain in the butt.

That said, is that a bad thing? The AI in CIV was always abhorrently shit, if this gives it some staying power in non-cheat difficulty then I welcome the change. And it seems as if you could prevent raiding very easily with a general stack in the city, since movement range is always the hex range of the city. (So you can always defend/attack before raid triggers next-turn)

News Comments > GOG.com Adding Two-Step Logins
20. Re: GOG.com Adding Two-Step Logins Oct 18, 2016, 06:02 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 09:11:
Icewind wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 16:41:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 13:37:
Icewind wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 13:29:
my friends and i basically steal games

Two factor authentication was not implemented to stop theft.

I was waiting to see who would get upset about that.

Not about being upset, butt they offer DRM free to benefit the person who paid for it, not so you can let your friends play for free.

Theft is still theft.

Is playing a bought CD in a car with 3 friends theft?
Is watching a bought DVD with friends at your place theft?
Is a all-you-can-eat-buffet theft?

Sharing something you bought is not theft. It may be against the TOS or morally unjustified... but who are we to judge? GoG could very easily prevent this if they really wanted.

News Comments > D.Va StarCraft II Announcer Coming
1. Re: D.Va StarCraft II Announcer Coming Oct 18, 2016, 06:00 eRe4s3r

I am not a pro SC2 player, but what exactly would there be to announce aside from your are lacking vespin/minerals/supply

Are there even any other announcements?

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 16, 2016, 16:51 eRe4s3r

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 15:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 14:46:
You left the most important step out, namely how to go from knowing your name, to having access to say, gmail would lead to having access to a bank, which is usually protected by some better protection than only 1 password and would NEVER email you passwords, they would send them via postal service... and that would take a lot of effort to nab

That said you are 100% correct, ain't no such thing as a unimportant site.

Depending on the bank, the info in a typical Facebook account might be enough to at least make progress by conning a phone rep. Most people have their name and address and phone number, , etc. privately accessible on Facebook. Plenty to work with for social engineering purposes. Good catch though on physically mailing a password reset confirmation code rather than emailing the confirmation code though.

Yeah in the end the best password is no match to a bad call center employee being pwned. Especially "online" support...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 16, 2016, 15:59 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 13:23:
Ozmodan wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 12:59:
ROFL, it is a game, anyone can play it and play it well if they practice.
Anyone? My 90 yo dad might disagree.

Not to mention that playing something well does not mean you are playing something well as a team. ^^ Team play isn't a skill you just have, it is trained, and that training, and coordination, is hard work...

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 16, 2016, 14:46 eRe4s3r

You left the most important step out, namely how to go from knowing your name, to having access to say, gmail would lead to having access to a bank, which is usually protected by some better protection than only 1 password and would NEVER email you passwords, they would send them via postal service... and that would take a lot of effort to nab

That said you are 100% correct, ain't no such thing as a unimportant site.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 16, 2016, 06:51 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 15, 2016, 15:14:
The appeal of the little machine coming out next month though is that you don't need a computer or anything, just a TV with HDMI. It will have save states, too. So even some of the small fraction of the Nintendo audience that pirates ROMs will be interested.

That small fraction already has the full library though.. why bother with 29 select pieces, if you have ALL of them sitting around occupying merely a few hundred MB, not to mention often the translated/untranslated (and thus not-americanized) versions?

And if you have a streaming box, you can already stream them (NES/SNES/GameGear/Megadrive/N64/PS1/Gamecube) just fine..

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 15, 2016, 11:28 eRe4s3r

Ludomancer wrote on Oct 15, 2016, 01:38:
"The home version of the game is also getting a re-release, along with 29 other Nintendo Entertainment System classics, via the plug-and-play NES Classic machine on November 11."

Meanwhile, intelligent gamers have been emulating the entirety of gaming history for the last 20 years.

This pretty much... though I doubt he heard of z-snes and fusion (SNES/NES and SegaMegaDrive emus );P

Not to mention they run some of them games better than the original consoles, since you have savestates....

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 15, 2016, 07:08 eRe4s3r

That 8tb hdd uses a li-ion cell as charge buffer to even start with the palsy voltage that USB-C provides... so that is about as red a flag as it can get for an external ARCHIVE hdd. If that battery dies, so does your drive.  

News Comments > King's Quest – Chapter 5: The Good Knight This Month
5. Re: King's Quest – Chapter 5: The Good Knight This Month Oct 15, 2016, 05:04 eRe4s3r

Bundy wrote on Oct 15, 2016, 03:08:
I've enjoyed this remake. Much better than what Telltale has been doing lately.

Not that that takes any skill, Telltale has overstretched itself, and the writing and design suffered heavily for it. Really sad ;/

News Comments > Project Space Sector Announced
5. Re: Project Space Sector Announced Oct 15, 2016, 00:28 eRe4s3r

If this takes inspiration from MOO2 it's gonna be yet another total failure... in the long string of failures. Aside from Distant Universe and Stellaris there weren't really any games in 4x that pushed the boundaries, or found niches within it. Everyone else seems to just clone MOO because they lack own unique ideas.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 14, 2016, 04:30 eRe4s3r

Newbro wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 01:59:
Let me get this straight, they are offering this credit on top of the original phone purchase refund right?

Well if a thing is pulled from the market the store where you bought it (or the telco) is responsible for refunding you and handling the return. So.. yeah? You get 100 credit on a new Samsung phone, not as free money.

Far as I understand you get 25$ credit on top of the refund.. but.. not as free money either. I have no idea what a "bill credit" is.. since you can't get a bill for something Samsung is forced to take off the market.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Oct 13, 2016, 08:19 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 07:54:
Souls is the only game/series in the last decade to make my heart race, and routinely. That edge-of-your-seat feeling is just pretty much gone from video games.

You are just playing the wrong games ,)

Or maybe I played too many "you die, you restart" games lately...

10297 Comments. 515 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo