Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9841 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2016, 16:21 eRe4s3r

killer_roach wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 16:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 12:49:
Just another day in the world of Paradox doing paradoxial things...

Some of the comments on the article wonder if it has anything to do with Paradox entertaining buyout offers from Tencent, and as a result wanting to control information that might misrepresent the state of their finances.

But surely they know what a google cache is, right? Because I can see all sales numbers still with a simple search result -> examples
Pillars of Eternity - 698,520
EU4 - 926,943
Skylines - 2,243,061
HOI2 complete - 76,089
EU3 - 430,027
Crusader Kings 2 - 1,236,755
Stellaris - 411,160
etc......

So pointless... any investor has seen this information way before they even attempted the buyout. And even Tencent can click "show cache" on a google search...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2016, 16:15 eRe4s3r

Apparently Steam didn't read it's own shop TOS which clearly forbids uploading anything to the store for which you don't own the right.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2016, 13:30 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 12:30:
Does the rest of the world outside of NA even know what a donut is?

It's a cliché even we Europeans know about, so I assume for the most part that many people know what a donut is.

But fact of the matter is they are not popular here

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 3, 2016, 12:49 eRe4s3r

Just another day in the world of Paradox doing paradoxial things...  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 3, 2016, 11:44 eRe4s3r

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 11:31:
uBlock Origin FTW!

Exactly ^^

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 2, 2016, 14:02 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 13:19:
I wouldn't say she's worth "nothing."

When she goes to jail for widespread fraud, she will be worth a few bucks for every day she works while she's incarcerated.

In reality should the company go down she would likely get no money out of her stock though, so at least there is that... ;p

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
46. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released Jun 2, 2016, 08:08 eRe4s3r

JayDeath wrote on May 31, 2016, 12:27:
The problem with the DLC and blood and Wine is that the game suggests that you only start B And W with at least a level 34 character. Do I bother even trying with my level 31 character or do I have to grind out 3 more levels before attempting Blood and Wine? Would dropping the game difficulty help? Anyone else having this issue?

As long as you are above level 20 you should be able to handle literally anything in this game, assuming your dodge skills are up to par

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Lead Developer Leaves
6. Re: Kerbal Space Program Lead Developer Leaves Jun 2, 2016, 05:26 eRe4s3r

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 14:44:
Wallshadows wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 10:20:
That sounds a lot more reasonable and a lot less dire. He can throw a medium party.

The devs might be okay but the parent company sounds like typical bunch of PR scumbags:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/4i6m40/_/

The barn is a good example on why I gave up on this entire industry.. I am 3d modeler, I can texture, but only buildings/objects... I can barely make my own textures but when I do it increases the costs 10 fold (yes, 10 times!), the more realistic the worse it gets for me, as every single surface I need in high detail basically requires me to set aside an entire work process just for that surface, and make sure that all surfaces with that texture actually fit my planned tiling... it's agonizing nightmare.

And then you get noobs talking to you over skype asking "why is that face there? I had my nephew remove it" kinda stuff. RAGE IN THE MACHINE

News Comments > Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games
29. Re: Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games Jun 1, 2016, 23:00 eRe4s3r

Can I get a tool that gives me all my GOG games as Steam copies? No? Too bad  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 31, 2016, 23:33 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on May 31, 2016, 21:06:
And that court screwed up big time on that Kraftwerk case.

The BVG doesn't screw up, it is the highest instance that defines law. So when such a decision is reached, that is very literally law Aka, what results of the exact definition of the legal text in the law itself.

In reality I was on the side of Kraftwerk though, because what they originally wanted wasn't money, but that the dude before sampling your track kindly INFORMS you (not ask, inform!) and this I would consider an absolutely correct thing to want... also I hate Moses Pelheim with a passion, he is a true and proper arse. But apparently the law is on his side.

And we talk about creative copying being illegal, just imagine, no ESC 2017 since these things often copy melodies 1:1... ah one can dream.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 May 30, 2016, 06:24 eRe4s3r

ShakyJake wrote on May 30, 2016, 05:16:
I know the newer Total War games get a lot of hate on here, but I'm really liking this new one. They have some new settlement mechanics that work a lot better than juggling public order/pestilence, and the battles are really fun with all the crazy units everyone has. I only hope the late-game hero spam gets addressed, but other than that I heartily recommend this.

Hero spam and marching stance raid/raze abuse by the AI are biggest issues imo Aside that great game. Of course, will be a far greater game when we have bigger more bad-ass mods.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Mobilization May 29, 2016, 21:05 eRe4s3r

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on May 29, 2016, 18:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 29, 2016, 13:35:
Uh, I am talking about problems with WIFI / Bluetooth / USB .. not human tissue (which you apparently read out of nowhere into my comment).

Here's what you said, with emphasis added:

Yuo know why certain elements of desktop PC cases are made of heavy materials? To shield you and every other attached device from all the EM emissions crap your PC gives off.

Saying that "you" need shielding from "EM emissions crap", implies that there is something bad you need to be protected from. If you just meant EM interference with electrical devices, then fair enough (although in most cases that's fairly easily mitigated). But based upon the words you actually wrote, there was a pretty clear implication that we need to be shielded from the low-frequency EM emissions produced by household electronics, a claim which contradicts everything we know about physics and is usually only made on fringe blogs with an affinity for all-caps and exclamation points.

Fair enough, bad wording on my part

10. Re: Morning Mobilization May 29, 2016, 13:35 eRe4s3r

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on May 29, 2016, 00:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 28, 2016, 22:23:
To shield you and every other attached device from all the EM emissions crap your PC gives off.

You're aware that the EM radiation produced by electronic devices doesn't have a short enough wavelength to have an ionizing effect on human tissue, right? Sunlight is far, far, far more damaging than anything your computer could ever hope to produce. People hear radiation but apparently don't understand that not all radiation is a gamma ray.

To argue that the EM radiation put out by the electronics in your home requires special shielding to protect human health is essentially to argue that everything we know about Physics and Biology is wrong. It's not impossible that there are factors we simply don't know about, but that's a very different claim from asserting harms that the corpus of scientific knowledge contradicts and precludes.

Uh, I am talking about problems with WIFI / Bluetooth / USB .. not human tissue (which you apparently read out of nowhere into my comment). Maybe google what 2.5ghz EM radiation interferes with (hint: water, in your body) which is why humans for example block WIFI/Radio signals.

Doesn't mean that's bad to you, I am saying this device will have EM interference problems up the whaazoo.

Ps.: To clarify, I am not talking about your health, I am talking about your DEVICES health. Which is you know, the point of a backpack computer with USB ports (which it needs for VR) and WIFI (which you need for .. you know.. INTERNET?) ;p

This comment was edited on May 29, 2016, 13:47.

3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 28, 2016, 22:23 eRe4s3r

Vive has already won.. why? It's on Steam. That is all. You can not beat Steam in the gaming market unless you are Blizzard or EA and even then you are making X amount of losses because people like to collect games on Steam (thankfully Steam has external shortcuts, which even work with steamlink/controller). And Facebook is more like Microsoft (aka the "don't have a fucking clue about PC gaming" companies).

And all that said, I still hope GEN 2 of VR comes with full FOV, at least 4k combined resolution and adaptive lenses.

By the way, backpack computers? Forget it. Yuo know why certain elements of desktop PC cases are made of heavy materials? To shield you and every other attached device from all the EM emissions crap your PC gives off. So Backpack PC would either be gimped as hell (on die GPU) or heavy as hell

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 26, 2016, 19:53 eRe4s3r

That Google victory is pivotal, had the jury decided for Oracle EVERY API and SDK ever made would have been basically illegal, and opened up one of the greatest licensing problems in the history of the planet (literally, every major API would be affected, among them for example SGI from OpenGL which is used in EVERY browser in existence. Unthinkable what Oracle was thinking here, did they not realize that their own Java would have violated quite a few other API's ?  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delayed?
33. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 17:33 eRe4s3r

El Pit wrote on May 26, 2016, 17:28:
Cutter wrote on May 26, 2016, 17:06:
The difference between ETS2 and ED is at least there's stuff to see in ETS2.

What is ETS2?

Euro Truck Simulator 2

16. Re: Morning Metaverse May 26, 2016, 16:52 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on May 26, 2016, 16:39:
I mean, Cutter pokes aside, we all realize we're covered by my comment, too, right?

Take pride in your faults!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2016, 16:30 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on May 26, 2016, 14:35:
RedEye9 wrote on May 25, 2016, 15:37:
pssst blue, i use ublock origin, can I please send you $5 bucks American a month, I bet that more than makes up lost add revenue.

Yeah, where's that Patreon?

Flattr would be far better. Or just a simple "dumb" paypal link

13. Re: Morning Metaverse May 26, 2016, 16:25 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on May 26, 2016, 16:17:
That is clearly the sign of an important man with things to do.

Are you saying there are things more important than bluesnews? You heretic!

Ps.: I have only 3.2 posts per day... awww ;/
PPs.: You must have calculated that to make your point, kudos.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 25, 2016, 19:57 eRe4s3r

All hail the robots.. I guess.. not good news for those 60000 workers though  

9841 Comments. 493 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo