Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12714 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2018, 18:08 eRe4s3r

He is not wrong you know, but to understand this you have to understand how UTTERLY FUCKED British youth culture is and how little control or supervision there is in place to put people in the UK on the right track school wise. Not by education mind you, but by socializing the youths correctly. London especially is a total cesspool outside of the impossible expensive luxury districts.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Bitcoin Will Burn the Planet Down. The Question? How Fast? Nov 6, 2018, 01:39 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 5, 2018, 22:38:
I don't know if it will "burn the planet down", but it certainly is something worth keeping an eye on. There have are already been calls for additional taxes on power use for currency mining. That seems like a reasonable step.

The actual solution will likely be mining licenses, given out by banks and showing one is mandatory for any exchange to real currencies.

At some point the powers that be gonna crunch down hard.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2018, 16:32 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 5, 2018, 12:50:
Blue wrote on Nov 5, 2018, 12:36:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 5, 2018, 11:58:
Paywalled for me, wonder if it a by region thing?

Well it is for me too, sort of. I found a workaround, though I guess there's no reason to think others would try this.

Google the title of the article and click on the link the search produces. Works like a charm for me.
https://melzidek.com/why-the-worlds-recycling-system-stopped-working/

Thanks, and that's a damn depressing read to boot.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 5, 2018, 06:42 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Nov 5, 2018, 01:35:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 16:05:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 15:28:
Witcher 3 is the best game ever made. Change my mind.
*lifts coffee mug to smirking face*

Nostalgia will challenge you, but yeah, Witcher 3 is going to be a strong contender for a long time.

Still, who the hell doesn't own Witcher 3 by now? They have practically given it away on Steam and Gog multiple times.

I still don't own it. I told myself I couldn't buy it until I finished Skyrim, which I haven't.

Ok, but if you really wanted to finish Skyrim you could do that in less than 40 minutes...

News Comments > Oculus Reorganization
2. Re: Oculus Reorganization Nov 4, 2018, 19:19 eRe4s3r

Man just looking at steam for VR I am not sure I would even want to bother, the ratio good vs crap is even worse than in the normal indy section and that's saying something. A few interesting titles here and there, but nothing I'd say warrants that kind of money investment for a doodad that lies around 90% of the time.

Now if Warhammer 2 supported VR, maybe even AR (armies on your desk etc.) then yeaaaah, that'd be amazeballs, but firstly nobody, not even the fanciest of cards plays WH2 at 90fps and secondly it seems big license holders don't want to touch VR...

Honestly the more I read up on the technical limitations of VR I seriously rather want AR, integrate something, NPC's, monsters, items, and stuff in AR environment and even a normal walk outside would be amazeballs.

If you didn't have to lug 50kg of PC+battery with you that is.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2018, 14:34 eRe4s3r

I will honestly celebrate the day DST is abolished. Don't even care if we stick to summer or natural time, as long as it's gone.

And imo we should put whoever put this law in place in an insane asylum.

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash
23. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 3, 2018, 20:05 eRe4s3r

Blackhawk wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 19:44:
Blizzard did exactly this same thing once before, in 2002 with Starcraft: Ghost. They teased a big announcement was coming for Starcraft. They hyped it. They then did this big website tease that had everyone on the edge of their seats.

When it turned out the be a console exclusive action game, people went ape. They were genuinely pissed off.

You build hype, but you don't give the wrong message, or it will backfire.

Makes you wonder though why they don't do what EVERYONE wants, heck a Diablo 4, Warcraft 4 or Starcraft would have been neat, but replaying the same game from 10 years ago in 4k not so much and playing Diablo on a tablet isn't my idea of fun, I get headache from staring at these (comparative) tiny screens.

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash
18. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 3, 2018, 19:22 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 17:24:
Did the Blizzard guys need to call for security so they could exit the stage safely?

The disconnect from their fans and what they want is double facepalm Picard worthy.

The company that made Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 does not exist anymore so this surprised only people who don't understand what kind of shitty publisher Activision really is.

News Comments > Anthem Livestream
1. Re: Anthem Livestream Nov 3, 2018, 13:50 eRe4s3r

Why the hell are they hyping this game 5+ months before release?  

News Comments > Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed
8. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 3, 2018, 02:15 eRe4s3r

Well the beta made sure I did not maintain any interest... what a bunch of abysmally shitty maps.

Yeah, looking good when you want nice screenshots, but gameplay was shit. Too much clutter, too much visual noise.

News Comments > Get Destiny 2 for Free
17. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 3, 2018, 00:44 eRe4s3r

Nope, not even for free will you get me to remember wtf my b.net account was.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 2, 2018, 13:50 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 11:41:
Toyota had solar panels on cars in 1992. All they did was power a fan and circulate air out of the car on hot days in the sun. The result? Your car wasn't a billion degrees when you opened the door. Can't believe that concept didn't last.

Coming from a long very dry summer, 100% this

...but no. The amount and size of fans you would need to establish negative air pressure to cool a car interior would be putting a lawn-mower to shame. We got problems getting that in PC cases, can you imagine how difficult it would be in a car? And direct sunlight has a butt-load of heat energy.

News Comments > Football Manager 2019 Kicks Off
5. Re: Football Manager 2019 Kicks Off Nov 2, 2018, 13:42 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 08:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 02:01:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 00:44:
It's the purplest Football Manager ever!

Thought you were joking until I clicked on screenshots.. that's.. well.. yeah. Very purple.

They should have gone with dark gray. It is a modern UI color. Those hyper colors should be secondary for minor elements that need to pop. Really needs a UI overhaul. Wish I could do it. I already have like several ideas.

Well the game has many UI skins and this one is probably not the one you should pick, there is a dark one with grey/orange, much more soothing for the eyes.

But thinking about it, I wonder if this game even supports 1440p and 4k... UI elements like the ones I see there are usually a pain to scale without blurring

News Comments > Football Manager 2019 Kicks Off
3. Re: Football Manager 2019 Kicks Off Nov 2, 2018, 02:01 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 00:44:
It's the purplest Football Manager ever!

Thought you were joking until I clicked on screenshots.. that's.. well.. yeah. Very purple.

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 2, 2018, 01:52 eRe4s3r

Armengar wrote on Nov 1, 2018, 18:19:
solar panels get you about 150w per meter square is good sunlight. I doubt that the average person not living in a desert will see decent charging rates. Afterall it takes 8 hours to charge a car from a domestic outlet at 2.5kw

Also relevant, most driving times if you work are when sun is at an extreme angle to the flat car roof. And in northern regions in winter, at neither these 2 times does the sun actually shine .. so yeah.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2018, 15:31 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Nov 1, 2018, 00:32:
When you work in a very diverse workplace, the best approach is not to create problems. I have a witness that will back me up if anything more comes of it. Besides, even if the person reported it, the HR person is about my age, and I'm pretty sure they know what "marzipan" is. They might even write up the person for wasting their time and report them to their manager. In any case, I believe in no harm, no foul with coworkers (even those who do stupid things). I just wanted to share the experience as one of the strangest things I've experienced.

It's definitely a super strange thing to experience, not to mention you are 100% not racist (just going by your posts..) so whoever said that to you is bullshitting. Or wants your job.

Maybe you encountered a sweets hater.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 1, 2018, 12:58 eRe4s3r

That is hands down the dumbest evolution ever in smart phones. Hey, my large screen is so neat, let's fold it and have it look like shit and capacitor touch screen problems not to mention, since you probably can't touch a thing on the fold.

Yeah, no. Skipppppperino

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 31, 2018, 19:07 eRe4s3r

Bodolza wrote on Oct 31, 2018, 15:45:
True. It's much smarter than most real autopilot systems that just keep you level and pointed in the same direction.

Which is really why it shouldn't be called anything auto when it's a car with barely L2 autonomy, considering it doesn't stop for non-moving objects which are KINDA A THING on the ground, 99% of objects on this planet stand still. So that is not an autopilot, unless you have a flying tesla.

And generally speaking, when flying you don't have to watch for stationary objects in the air. Even despite this, planes actually do this and have p2p collision avoidance. So just saying, this entire situation is 100% driver fault. And 1% Tesla on top for calling it an AUTO pilot when in reality it's a pilot assist system that requires you to remain active and hands-on at all times....

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 31, 2018, 10:37 eRe4s3r

It's not autopilot.

Case closed.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 31, 2018, 10:28 eRe4s3r

Avus wrote on Oct 30, 2018, 19:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 30, 2018, 09:57:
And this is why you don't buy gen1 cards

I thought this is only apply to cars... Even cars made by Toyota/Honda...

It's actually very common for tech to have many small and large revisions, and often they are not communicated, and early adopters often quite literally get rev A0 which Nvidia will then slowly sort out via replacement process (if only all manufacturers would number them like this.. ,p) As an example, the 1070 GPU has 2 revisions and I bet this is the first time you ever heard of it. If you bought a 1070 many months after it released you would already have gotten 2nd revision cards, and you'd have no way to check that either.

(To be specific, custom card that is not founders edition makes it nearly impossible to tell what hardware revision state you are on with Nvidia) And with AMD you can not tell any way far as I know, like at all

So yeah, just don't be an early adopter for new tech.

12714 Comments. 636 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo