Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12461 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Aug 9, 2018, 19:46 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 19:38:
TLDW
Most of the time it's w/in the margin of error.

Unless in case of Monster Hunter

https://segmentnext.com/2018/08/09/monster-hunter-world-pc-por-mess-denuvo/

This is surprising since Monster Hunter World’s official system requirements demand a 3rd-gen Intel Core i7-3770 CPU, which according to the report isn’t capable of running the game at all.

TIL: Latest Denuvo forces FMA3 instructions and 3rd gen Intel CPU's (I7-3***) don't support em. While the publisher lied about the specs. Neat ,)

BTW.: They stealth changed the specs after release, which is a violation of the steam TOS too. Fun all around

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Germany relaxes Aug 9, 2018, 19:41 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 19:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 14:19:
Bill Borre wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 12:37:
Everybody loves shooting Nazis in the face! Even Germans!

Then I hope you also like shooting buildings, because it only applies to those.... ^^

Just give the Nazi soldiers MAGA hats instead of swastikas.

Hehe that would not go over well with US audiences I'd guess. But yeah, very few games will even be affected, BF5 isn't even remotely historical accurate so it wouldn't ever be granted this exception.....

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Aug 9, 2018, 19:36 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 19:28:
So then don't put your game into a streaming service.. Simple?

Publishers will force it I'd think.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 9, 2018, 19:33 eRe4s3r

Actually mindblowing that there isn't a default dark theme for the explorer to begin with...

Once you go black you don't go back.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 9, 2018, 18:08 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 17:42:
Task wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 16:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 02:18:
When he got a quantum computer for which he then needs a x86 emulator to even run his emulators no doubt

Emulator-ception lol. Really only a digital museum would need every ROM or ISO, etc. - ever. For me personally, I only keep the ones I like. There are over 700 SNES games and most of them suck, but hey at least the option is there for those that really want alll of them.

I had a ton of them back in the day, but during the whole SNES Classic craze I downloaded some to see if I still liked the games enough to buy the system. The first place I found to download claimed to have all the games. Ok, it's like, 4GB for all the SNES games, if that, so sure.

Turns out, I'm really not too into them anymore, haha. Outside of maybe Zelda and Mario World. I grabbed a few N64 games, too. Mario Kart is significantly less fun, and Goldeneye may as well be unplayable. My childhood!

I am 100% with you on that... it's the heap of gaming experience we have nowadays that taints nostalgia once you revisit it.. better not to. Nostalgia can be with you always, if you replay it now though then that is gone.

News Comments > Torchlight Frontiers Announced
9. Re: Torchlight Frontiers Announced Aug 9, 2018, 15:59 eRe4s3r

El Pit wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 13:33:
I enjoyed Torchlight 1/2 MUCH more than Diablo 3. MUCH, MUCH more.

I enjoyed TL1 and absolutely detested TL2... so yeah, I think game wise D3 patch 2.0+ is vastly superior.

2. Re: Germany relaxes Aug 9, 2018, 14:19 eRe4s3r

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 12:37:
Everybody loves shooting Nazis in the face! Even Germans!

Then I hope you also like shooting buildings, because it only applies to those.... ^^

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 9, 2018, 02:32 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 23:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 20:52:
EU courts are, if we get really nitpicky, not in any way democratically legitimized.

Interesting. I often under estimate the difference between how the US and EU are setup.

I think the US isn't that far from it really, just that you get to kinda elect someone somewhere somehow, while we simply do not get to elect 50% of the EU governance, like, at all.

EU Commission, the one doing all the laws and thus everything they decide in these courts, is zero percent elected. Political parties send people there, and I mean members of the parties, not elected members, just members of a party. The ones the party doesn't want anywhere near inner national decisions, if you get my drift. When you hear in the news about Junker then know this, that person was NEVER elected democratically by anyone. These are deals made by the commission members and nation leaders.

Meanwhile, the EU Parliament which is due to low election participation also not democratically legitimized has nearly zero powers. It can at best make suggestions to change laws, the decisions are made in the Commission.

If there were 1 thing the EU will break apart over it's this. Because you have to remember, people in the commission are NOT elected, they make decisions against the vox populi so to speak. Meanwhile politicians in the parliament ARE elected and HAVE to be properly elected, meaning they can literally lose their jobs for having to "pass" unpopular decisions that they have no control over.

If I could reboot the EU, I'd put everyone in the commission out of a job. Especially the 100% corrupt Juncker, how corrupt? Well, tax evasion and fraud. But shit flies upwards in the EU Commission.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 9, 2018, 02:18 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 01:38:
SirKnight wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 22:30:
Nooooooooooooo!

EmuParadise is my main rom site. I even have it in my Chrome bookmark bar for easy access.

I have I think all ROMs for most systems anyway, but there' still PS1 and PS2 ISOs I never finished downloading as well as Sega CD and 3DO that I was just recently starting to get.

I better look for other locations that's still up and get while I can.

Just a quick question: when will you have time to play all of these games?

When he got a quantum computer for which he then needs a x86 emulator to even run his emulators no doubt

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2018, 20:52 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 17:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 14:23:
Cutter wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 11:13:
It was for an educational project. Is there no such thing as Fair Use in Germany?

European courts have fuck all to do with Germany... this is another absurd pro-copyright ruling from the EU moneybags.

I don't follow it too closely but it seems like EU is even more pro-copyright than the US? Would you say that's correct?

EU as a whole not really, but this court is well known for basically interpreting all copyright law questions 100% pro corporation. Partially because the draft all decisions base on is the 2001 copyright directive and that one was written nearly 100% by corporations and lobbyists.

But you have to know to even get to this court a federal court has to move the case up the order, and this is what happened here, usually national courts do NOT do this for good reason. As it creates possible new national law without any representation for the people or any political legitimacy. Basically, these courts are not legitimized AT ALL to make any decisions, but they *can* declare binding legal interpretations that are in fact VERY binding because they judge on binding (ie. signed) EU directives, not on national law.

So basically, this court decision overrides national law. And yeah, at least in this aspect I can 100% understand Brexit voters.

This all is just 10% of the whole topic though. The entire EU court system is a long standing (since 1951 !) issue. Especially because certain courts are nearly 100% lopsided judge wise. EU court of human rights for example is the one that overrode maritime law, making it both mandatory to bring anyone you rescue on the ocean to your home port, and also illegal to do so according to EU Directive Dublin II

Things like these are why EU is eroding power wise, economically not so much, but these courts are surpra-national and some nations have no representation (since each only gets 1 judge, but a 50% group of judges might decide on a NATIONAL issue where you suddenly as a citizen of country X have only 3% representation.... )

EU courts are, if we get really nitpicky, not in any way democratically legitimized.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2018, 14:23 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 11:13:
It was for an educational project. Is there no such thing as Fair Use in Germany?

European courts have fuck all to do with Germany... this is another absurd pro-copyright ruling from the EU moneybags.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 7, 2018, 11:44 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 22:14:
Capcom: "We'd prefer a game that got a 9 and sold less, than a 6 but sold more."

On the one hand, I appreciate their sentiment to not become the Michael Bay of video games. On the other hand, would you rather be able to drive a Honda Civic every day or a Ferrari once a week?

Better to make 1 good game than 10 bad ones imo If I wanted bad games, I have steam new releases for that

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2018, 11:37 eRe4s3r

Read that ICANN story and UCANN'T skip a few laughs, perfect example of a perception bubble within a fucked up organizational structure. GDPR is binding in Europe, whatever ICANN thinks it's policies are worth, in Europe they be worth nothing.  

News Comments > IGN Pulls Review Amid Plagiarism Accusations
2. Re: IGN Pulls Review Amid Plagiarism Accusations Aug 7, 2018, 11:31 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 10:59:
It starts off "c'mon, that's generically describing the game" but quickly becomes 'whoa. Really?"

I don't fault IGN for not catching this, and they're handling it right. We'll see where it goes.

Yeah, I wonder how that even got to be to be honest.. not like pacing a review is rocket science but this kind of overlap is baffling, he could have shuffled it around and nobody would have noticed...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 7, 2018, 08:46 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 22:22:
19 TB? That's a lot of teh pr0n. Smart

Would be cheaper to go to a brothel or hostess club in person. A day in the week, every week, for a year.

News Comments > Yakuza 0 Unpatched
1. Re: Yakuza 0 Unpatched Aug 6, 2018, 20:55 eRe4s3r

Except now everyone who was patched back has issues too, like an empty settings menu.

Wtf is that developer doing?

News Comments > BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans
101. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 6, 2018, 18:29 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 16:24:
Normally I'd agree with you Beamer - arguing what things are called is basically semantics most of the time. But when it comes to this topic specifically, an already contentious one for many people, what gets called what to be passed off as simple identifiers is important. Words like 'racism' and 'white privilege' are, in my opinion, very intentionally used as igniter words to evoke strong feelings. The problem is, these words often derail any chance of intelligeny discourse because of how they are intended to make non-minorities feel. Ashamed. Guilty. Possibly even partial perpetrators of the injustice. I know that I am none of these things, and the labels I take at face value. But as evidenced by how these discussions are always so contentious - here and pretty much everywhere else - what would noramlly be simple semantics becomes a huge sticking point that precludes civil discourse. I'm willing to bet that half of the people who tune you out and get mad and defensive are just tired of being (what they perceive to be anyway) lambasted for being born into a middle class white family (something they have no more control over than someone born into a lower class Hispanic or African American family). Yes there is indifference on the part of many, but I suspect the majority of people who get called privileged white dudes really do care about fixing the system that tends to bury the less fortunate under a mountain of disadvatages and the culture of beligerence adopted by minorities that breeds adversarial relationships with law enforcement, authority, and people more fortunate. But it's a complicated issue with many, many facets, and even us privileged middle class white guys have stressful, busy lives rife with problems that need to be managed. There's only so much energy and attention one has to go around, and most of it naturally gets dedicated to keeping ourselves afloat. Lack of action is not indicative of a lack of empathy.

Exactly.

Intelligent discourse stops the moment you call someone an ideologically charged term. Because when you as a minority challenge the status quo of the established majority ideology you are no longer a minority, you are an ideological enemy to the majority. And if you don't have a strong charismatic figurehead like Ghandi behind you, a person behind which any person of any color could rally, then you will lose that battle REALLY hard.

It's why in Europe as well as in the USA we see more and more radical viewpoints pushed into majority acceptance, the more minorities engage in hateful personal attacks instead of fundamental bi-partisan concepts the more the radical viewpoints gain dominance. The more Trumps we will have, and the less Ghandis.

What some people don't get is that for the majority these issues are entirely irrelevant to their lives. And those issues that are relevant to the majority were not catered to by the "other" party, otherwise Trump would not be where he is.

And for a German I can only say, please continue, it's been good entertainment so far ;p

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2018, 17:44 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Aug 5, 2018, 17:28:
When I look at this list, all I can think of is: What has gaming become...

In case of Yakuza 0 the answer is "frigging awesome"

News Comments > On Star Citizen Economics
37. Re: On Star Citizen Economics Aug 5, 2018, 11:19 eRe4s3r

This is a really good way to make me NEVER want to play in their pseudo MMO mode, give me SQ42 and then I'll sod off and forget the rest of the game even exists. Especially because the bigger more decked out ships will ALWAYS win in a 1:1 fight, and having yours lost completely while the enemy can afford infinite insurance is pay to win.

But hey, nothing new in that regard, greed ruins all games.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Aug 5, 2018, 11:17 eRe4s3r

rawbelly wrote on Aug 4, 2018, 08:56:
As someone who has been playing video games almost every day for 40 years I always laugh when people take video games so seriously.

If you don't RP in a RP then you should maybe take it more seriously

12461 Comments. 624 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo