Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11211 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown
7. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 17, 2017, 23:39 eRe4s3r

For the most part ^^  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 22:27 eRe4s3r

warmbluelasers wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 16:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 09:03:
Mhh, World of Tanks has the same issue, play on Ultra low = you can see through walls (because they ain't rendering) and foliage stops displaying entirely after a distance, you think you sit in a bush with your tank? Other player sees you on the open field with no cover.

Broken by design ;P

I think you're confusing two competing titles. What you describe is a problem in War Thunder and the new "ultra low" setting. In War Thunder vehicles are always rendered so removing occlusion objects like trees and walls, and making everything a solid mass of color really makes targets stand out at long ranges.

Visibility in World of Tanks works by the server refusing to send information to the client. Removing walls and trees doesn't do any good when the server refuses to tell you where tanks are. That used to be it's own special sort of bullshit, with tanks being completely invisible even at close range.

You are of course right I confused the 2...

News Comments > Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown
5. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 17, 2017, 22:12 eRe4s3r

This is golden, Ubisoft running an EA refund scam?

How would anyone get a refund with more than 2 hours played? Manually? What if they don't see that news item? And wow, that wording is downright hilariously subconsciously malicious. "offering" to those "who feel they are owed them" , that PR person was having a passive aggressive phase or something.

wow

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 17, 2017, 10:47 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 10:06:
Found a better link for the MPC-HC sad farewell. https://mpc-hc.org/2017/07/16/1.7.13-released-and-farewell/

MPC-HC development halts, but not LAV Filter development, you can update it manually easily, it doesn't need a recompile or any developer working on MPC-HC for this.... just grab both x64 and x86 zips, unpack in MPC-HC folder = victory.

https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

MPC-HC with LAV and MADVR as it is now is already perfect anyway, the file formats and codecs are supported via LAV, not via MPC-HC

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2017, 09:33 eRe4s3r

Icewind wrote on Jul 16, 2017, 23:49:
A female Dr. Who isn't retconning, since the Master - his arch nemesis - regenerated as a female too. However, I do think that the timing of this smacks of capitulation, "let's get more females into the fandom" manipulation, and a passionate attempt to appeal to the "diversity or death" crowd.

I stopped watching a few episodes into Capaldi's Who though, since he was by far the least exciting Dr Who since the series' revival began.

I'll tune in for a few eps and see if Whittaker is any good, but the whole situation seems like an attention grab to me. Especially after the ratings during Capaldi's reign went down.

The real problem of Doctor Who is that you can sum up the plot progress in 2 sentences, for the entire season. And that they wasted 6 episodes on 1 plot point

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial
20. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial Jul 17, 2017, 09:06 eRe4s3r

Redmask wrote on Jul 16, 2017, 17:09:
Mass Effect Chat in the mofuckin Mass Effect thread: is the DLC to this actually cancelled? I recall a rumor saying it was. I was curious to see if Bioware Montreal could redeem themselves with the DLC but its looking increasingly like they've been put on patch support and that no DLC will come. Didn't they sell a Season Pass with this? I wonder if people will get refunds.

Fucking base game is boring ass shit and the multiplayer is repetitive/bad but there is potential if nothing else.

I hope Anthem is good otherwise EA is going to Maxis the shit out of Bioware.

If you don't hear anything about DLC when the CES 2017 happens then you can assume ME:A is dead to EA, bit too early to really say though. But as others have said, they gonna push their Anthem game, which is fine I guess if it has SP, but I won't be playing an OPEN WORLD coop game online ever. The gameplay design for SOLO play is always shit in such games -.-

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 09:03 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 07:51:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 07:39:
I still don't see why people are so enamored with playerunknowns battlegrounds. Just another copycat from a multitude of other similar survival games. When all your opposition has to do is turn off some graphics details to see anyone hiding in the tall grass, you know it is another POS!
1. Game is in Early Access, the devs are aware of this issue plus many others.
2. Players buy games to have fun and players are buying this game.
3. see one

Mhh, World of Tanks has the same issue, play on Ultra low = you can see through walls (because they ain't rendering) and foliage stops displaying entirely after a distance, you think you sit in a bush with your tank? Other player sees you on the open field with no cover.

Broken by design

Ps.: NO idea whether that game will fix this issue, but it ain't a simple thing to fix ^^

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2017, 16:53 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 15, 2017, 15:13:
are they eating them?

Why else would you feed anything with pig in the name?

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2017, 10:19 eRe4s3r

For some reason this article made me hungry...  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 15, 2017, 09:38 eRe4s3r

Probably because SMS 2-factor is really 0-factor, due to SS7 attacks. The advice nowadays is to NEVER use SMS for 2-factor anything security wise.  

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 14, 2017, 19:57 eRe4s3r

Rigs wrote on Jul 14, 2017, 19:17:
HoSpanky wrote on Jul 14, 2017, 17:19:
Wait...you're on dialup? Please tell me that's an exaggeration. I'm on a rather sketchy 18mb until they roll fiber through my neighborhood, that sort of download is a "welp, it'll be done by the time I get home from work tomorrow" for me.

Not much of an exaggeration, to be honest. I'm on satellite, (there's no DSL or cable in my little spot (in the middle of nowhere), though there's cable about a mile and a half down the street. If we pay $9,000 plus labor, they'll install the cable...oh, and get 400 signatures) supposedly 20 down and 5~ish up but I've never seen close to that. In addition to the major latency (which is to be expected on a satellite, so I won't knock it for that), the killer for me is the fucking data cap!

I had satellite internet way back in 2008, when we got 6 down and 1 up but we had NO cap! Now, almost ten years later, when it makes no sense, there's one. In a day and age where HD movies are streamed to multiple spots in a household, along with streaming music and gaming, Hughes/Dish/AT&T et al. think a 10gb day cap (8am-2am) for THE MONTH is reasonable! Wtf (If you manage to stay up until 2am-8am (or get up super early), you can use a 50gb cap for the month).

My house, which has only two computers and two tablets (one droid, one Gen2 iPad), goes through the 10gb cap in SIX DAYS. After which, we are throttled to ISDN speeds, 128k down! I'm not kidding. So we have to go the rest of the month at ISDN speeds for our daily 'surfing' (unless we stay up). We managed to last 8 days this time, we now have 12 days before we reset (every 26th). God have mercy on our souls.

If all that wasn't bad enough, DISH doesn't play fair. Our cap will go down even when we're not using it. Last year, when Hurricane Hermine came smashing through, we lost power for exactly 36 hours. Before the power went out, we had 2 gigs and change left on our cap. When we got power 36 hours later, it was gone. When you call and complain, they treat you like they've heard it all before, akin to telling a teacher your dog ate your homework and won't do anything about it. Many have complained, including me. They do nothing.

=-Rigs-=

Hot damn, and I thought I had it bad. I did a trial with 400mbit cable (Vodafone) where I live, still have a 6mbit DSL line that is not filtered/measured/metered

When I used 70gb a day streaming from Netflix 4K as test, everything was fine, but as soon as I had to download something sized 2.6mb from dropbox, I got downrated to 128kbit/s for an entire 24 hours from that moment on, which meant I couldn't use my paid for 400mbit Internet connection for WORK. You can guess how fast I revoked the contract. ~.~

When I tested this, it seemed that as soon as I am over 10gb down/up combined, even a single connection to a filehoster (I need them for my work) throttles the connection down for 24hrs. Torrents as well (which kicked me really hard when I wanted to download via Battle.net D3)

TL;DR, I am still stuck on an unlimited/unthrotttled 6mbit DSL line because of this shit. And I can hardly fathom how you live with 10GB monthly limit, that's just crazy, I can't even handle a 10gb DAILY limit and I am NOT a heavy user....

You have my pity

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 14, 2017, 17:48 eRe4s3r

Since I read up on W3 and all the problems they had, I am not bothered if this one takes the time it needs. Sci-FI games without shit writing and development nightmares (Mass Effect:A) are few and far between, and if they don't mess this one up it's a masterpiece by default. Not to mention they plan on giving us the original cyberpunk career choices, hell yeah. Journalist playthrough incoming ;p  

News Comments > Devoid of Shadows Released
1. Re: Devoid of Shadows Released Jul 14, 2017, 14:25 eRe4s3r

that's some.. rough gameplay alright... also I had to google intransigent
# unreasonable; irreconcilable; stubborn

Which I find really hilarious

3. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial Jul 14, 2017, 11:10 eRe4s3r

DarkCntry wrote on Jul 14, 2017, 11:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 14, 2017, 10:36:
10 hours of play..

I wonder if with first planet they mean literally the starting world. That would be a big dick move.

It's the same trial that EA Access had, it goes up until entrance to the first Vault.

So only the first pre-colony pre-vault desert planet section? Not even all companions?

News Comments > AMD Threadripper Pricing Unveiled
10. Re: AMD Threadripper Pricing Unveiled Jul 14, 2017, 10:59 eRe4s3r

If that's your only reason not to buy Intel cpu's you really need to read up on this entire new platform for far better reasons not go intel this generation.

But basing it on TIM vs iridium solder is silly. Ryzen is simply a good CPU, but it's a total shit-show for overclocking due to the way it's built (glued together die collection, as Intel calls it ,p). They (AMD) probably didn't even have a CHOICE but to go for iridium solder in order to reach boost clocks and IPC they wanted. Even if you delid the Ryzen and apply the *BEST* possible cooling connection (liquid metal) the CPU is hugely temp limited, the difference to solder is like 2 to 3C only. Internally Probably because the interconnect gets hotter than the chips but that's my speculation

Either way, it's never as simple as "They should just do it"
There are always engineering and business reasons behind it.

1. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial Jul 14, 2017, 10:36 eRe4s3r

10 hours of play..

I wonder if with first planet they mean literally the starting world. That would be a big dick move.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 13, 2017, 20:30 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 18:39:
All I want to see - required by law - are rear facing cameras that can detect tailgaters and send a signal to the other vehicle to force it to slow down and/or report it to the police with accompanying footage to bust them. That'd put an end to that horseshit PDQ.

Well.. at Level 4 autonomy, that would not even happen anymore (tailgaiting) and at level 5, you wouldn't even notice anymore even if it happened, as the car would likely drive on it's own lane set designed for autonomous vehicles. Which can be tighter and denser.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 13, 2017, 20:21 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 19:32:
Shouldn't they find actual women to keynote that thing instead of bridge trolls?

As long as they draw in clicks and views, no.

News Comments > Two Worlds II HD - Call of the Tenebrae Released
1. Re: Two Worlds II HD - Call of the Tenebrae Released Jul 13, 2017, 20:16 eRe4s3r

Not just is it confusing, but releasing an addon that costs money for Two Worlds II NOW is pretty damn hilarious Even with worldmerge, (which this breaks) the game is not good enough to really hold your attention... it's just a really strange release all things considered.  

News Comments > Interstellar Space: Genesis Preorders and Instant Access Underway
4. Re: Interstellar Space: Genesis Preorders and Instant Access Underway Jul 13, 2017, 12:45 eRe4s3r

Slashman wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 08:50:
Could we please have an end to the 'spiritual successors' and 'inspired by' MOO-like 4X games? How about some original ideas once in a fucking while?

Exactly, can't put into words how much "inspired by MOO2" turns me OFF an 4x nowadays

11211 Comments. 561 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo