Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12779 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Limit Theory Cancelled
14. Re: Limit Theory Cancelled Oct 4, 2018, 12:32 eRe4s3r

Oh boy... hard to say but It was 100% expected for me, I read the pledge, read that it's 1 developer, and clicked "skip" ;/

Not sure a non-working source is gonna help anybody, it would take months to even understand what everything does. But maybe someone manages to finish this despite that.

My iffy feelings about Star Citizen lately only increases, and same for X4... things don't look good in the space game market.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 4, 2018, 09:04 eRe4s3r

Pigeon wrote on Oct 4, 2018, 08:50:
Or kids with aggression problems like to play aggressive games.

Hull's previous research suggests players may practice riskier behaviors such as reckless driving, binge drinking, smoking and unsafe sex.

Funny, these are all things that weren't associated with kids who played video games when I was a kid. It's almost as though the kids who did those things started playing video-games when they became more main stream.

Welcome to the world of social and behavioral sciences.

Aka, the FUD science industry.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Supermicro hacked Oct 4, 2018, 07:19 eRe4s3r

In other news, SuperMicro got hardware-level hacked by Chinese gov.

Bloomberg

News Comments > Alaskan Truck Simulator Announced
6. Re: Alaskan Truck Simulator Announced Oct 4, 2018, 07:17 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 22:16:
This sounds pretty cool, no pun intended. Euro Truck Simulator meets Spintires is a good concept, I hope they implement it well.

I wonder if they are on thin ice, pun intended, with the name. I assumed this was an expansion for American Truck Simulator and while SCS don't own * Truck Simulator, this is pretty close.

Pretty sure you can't trademark the words "American" "Truck" nor "Simulator" That's the problem when you name your game with generic dictionary words. So basically, as long as it doesn't call itself ETS or ATS it's gonna be fine.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 3, 2018, 17:46 eRe4s3r

If those are the best new features then W10 is doomed. The dark theme for the file explorer of course is the ONLY good feature. Although I guess for noobs a simpler screenshot tool would be nice, but it won't work in games.  

News Comments > X4: FOUNDATIONS Next Month
30. Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS Next Month Oct 3, 2018, 08:01 eRe4s3r

yuastnav wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 06:07:
I'm itching to preorder this game. I really do.

Hmm. Of course it is going to be buggy. I preordered X3 back in the day, it arrived on a Saturday. It was officially release on Friday but there were a few lucky souls who even got it on Thursday. Although I'm not sure if they were really lucky since the game crashed when you tried to leave Argon Prime, the first sector in the game.

Luckily they patched that pretty quickly. I don't remember whether they burned the midnight oil and it was already fixed on Sunday but it was rather quick.

Of course I reached the end of the story and THAT was absolutely bugged, too. Left me in the sector just in my suit, 28km away from the next ship or station or something like that. Took some time until that was patched and I had to use a savegame from a few hours before the last mission.

After all this time X:Rebirth isn't fixed, though I managed to play through that game this year. And it was actually kinda fun.

Yeah, I kinda want to preorder this game although preordering is a big no-no (with a few exceptions).

By the way, this is how Egosoft shuts down any discussion about silly game features (or even questions about them)

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=400509

Just saying ;p

If you ever wondered how X games could go down the drain this much, this kind of forum culture is why. And yes, I am totally abusing my site presence here to maybe bring a few more eyes to this, because I truly HATE walking around in X games

28. Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS Next Month Oct 2, 2018, 19:44 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 17:10:
Slashman wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 14:38:
Oh I gotcha now. I think that 4 years is their turn around time. But at least this engine isn't new to them and they seem to have made some steps forward. They still have two months left to finish up and ship something worthwhile. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Don't get me wrong, I want this to be pants-shittingly awesome, but Rebirth left a really bad taste in my mouth (especially when Steam offered refunds for it, but I couldn't get one because I bought directly from Egosoft in an effort to give them more money, and they were like "Fuck you, no refunds on our literally incomplete alpha build.") They're gonna have to win me back.

They are certainly pulling all the punches, announcing not 1 but 2 expansions already and posting in their forums that optimization and polish "is not on the table until after release" ^^ Don't you feel pampered to by Egosoft yet?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Odyssey Reviews
24. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Reviews Oct 2, 2018, 19:31 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 12:28:

It's a trap!

Yep, or just "Ubisoft - The game (as a service)"

All you wrote is correct, but would have watered down my snarky attack at Ubisoft.

Speaking at shitty market behavior... 3 companies come to mind recently.

Ego soft
Ubi soft
Micro soft

The soft companies are the worst.

News Comments > Windows 10 Gaming Updates
1. Re: Windows 10 Gaming Updates Oct 2, 2018, 19:23 eRe4s3r

Oh yay...

Can't wait for another "update" that resets all settings and policies.

21. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Reviews Oct 2, 2018, 10:30 eRe4s3r

Xero wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 10:02:
I've picked up a few older AC titles and I've always tried to get into them but never could. I don't know why. Perhaps I should give this one a go? I do like the time period. Then again I also thought I would like AC Origins and got bored rather quickly.

Uuugggh, I wish these games were a bit more like something else. Not sure what though.

The word you are looking for is "focused"
Ubisoft doesn't make games, it makes sandboxes where accidentally there is some story. They gate it so you have to do sidequests to get the levels needed to do story missions.

It's "Ubisoft - The game" you play here, not a unique Assassins Creed.

16. Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS Next Month Oct 2, 2018, 10:24 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 08:30:
Holy shit, that came out of nowhere. Other than one video like last year, there's been nothing about this, so I'm quite a bit worried that this is a "Shit, we're out of money, let's just release it before the Xmas period!" move.

I will get this, but not at release. They burned me too much with Rebirth. (which, after they finally fixed all of it, is actually a pretty decent game.) Even so, it's X, I love X, and I will play, but I'm going to wait a few months until they've fixed 80% of all outstanding bugs, and there's only 500 bugs left.

I mean, what else am I going to play in March? Anthem? Rotfl

Edit: I like how it looks (placeholder graphics notwithstanding). I REALLY like the new station builder, it looks like you're going to be able to build some really freaking awesome things with that.

I'm also glad they finally decided to just skip the main story, since it was typically pretty terrible, but on the flipside I do worry that every mission will feel the same now, as so far Egosoft has never been able to develop a random mission generator that feels anything more than a "Fly to point A, kill B". So I guess we'll have to wait and see how that's going to work out.

Finally, even after 15 years, they still haven't hired a single guy who can make a decent humanoid model? I understand it's not the focus of the game, but for fuck's sake, guys. All your races' models look like shit. They have looked like shit since the days of the original X. How can you look at this in 2018 and go "Yeah, that's fine"??

Actually they looked great in X, because there weren't any animations.... and even better, they release a trailer with this in and containing placeholder art 2 months before release. That art isn't placeholder.

Like many I think Egosoft lost track of what made X3 good. Walking around on the fucking bridges of ships most definitely NOT. Especially not if this becomes somehow mandatory. And I have the looming feeling you can't just instant swap between ships from the start either. And there are so many things that they didn't show here as well.

And again, 2 months before release new features are NOT gonna be added and art is in the final pass already.

This really smells like Early Access Rebirth 2.0 all over again, if a game were finished you wouldn't show a trailer with placeholder art.

5. Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS Next Month Oct 1, 2018, 21:35 eRe4s3r

Slashman wrote on Oct 1, 2018, 21:21:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 1, 2018, 20:35:
"Fly every ship!"

Yes, they can be taught.

This should be playable in six months or so.

I have an inkling that they took their time to do it right this time. Don't take my word for it though.

Yeah they gonna have to do a bit more than a video to bring back the literal ZERO trust I have in this company after Rebirth...

I won't even TOUCH this until it got a dozen patches

7. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Reviews Oct 1, 2018, 15:41 eRe4s3r

I played one I played them all.... most notable I played the Egypt one and couldn't imagine are more boring setting than an even more ancient Greece only to find yet another ubisoftificated mess of map clutter to earn XP to get to the level needed for any story mission.

It's the god damn worst game design ever. And it's literally "Ubisoft the game" at this point.

News Comments > Deliver Us The Moon: Fortuna Released
1. Re: Deliver Us The Moon: Fortuna Released Sep 29, 2018, 17:58 eRe4s3r

Steam reviews say it's unfinshed and ends abruptly, as if they forgot to make the other half. ^^ heh  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 29, 2018, 03:36 eRe4s3r

Only 9% of the userbase then, nothing to see here  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 29, 2018, 03:35 eRe4s3r

Lol I have to admit that is an absolutely hilarious card/text combo right there.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 28, 2018, 02:41 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 27, 2018, 13:41:
I wonder if I'll live long enough to see the first 1TB game.

Would be a badly made game then, When not even Witcher 3 is more than 50gb... sure you can push some textures here and there, but it won't look better with 8k or 16k textures. Unless you push your face into a 16k screen, I mean that literally - view distance and all that.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 27, 2018, 17:02 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2018, 11:31:
And if an AI can't figure that out it's not really an AI now is it?

The problem is that now it CAN figure it out.. so this article defeats its own point itself. Which is hilarious

News Comments > Is The Walking Dead Undead? Should It Be?
13. Re: Is The Walking Dead Undead? Should It Be? Sep 25, 2018, 16:24 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Sep 25, 2018, 15:29:
I never understood the concept of severance pay. And I've mostly worked for myself or small employers who aren't obliged to pay severance anyway.

Game dev contracts are much worse than freelance or family business employment deals. FAR worse actually.

See it like this, imagine you are a voice actor, and Telltale approached you to hire you for 200hrs of recording, that means you now have 200 hours in your schedule blocked out where you can't take contracts. Now imagine they fire you after 20 hours and only pay you a for that. Now you got no money and no contracts. Since these contracts usually run in a advance contract type of deal it would take you around 3 to 6 weeks to start earning money again.

So yeah, there is good cause for severance pay, especially for the shitty contract types you get when you work in game dev. And believe me, you and me as self employed dudes are WAY better off. Freelancers actually get paid upfront (at least some part), in my example, voice actors? Yeah, they don't get paid upfront. They get paid on completion and some bonus based on sales. So being fired at the 40% mark with no severance is literally the shittiest thing that could happen to these people.

News Comments > Is The Walking Dead Undead? Should It Be?
8. Re: Is The Walking Dead Undead? Should It Be? Sep 25, 2018, 14:06 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Sep 25, 2018, 13:17:
Don't worry, Nordic THQ will come to the rescue and buy up all their IP's on this.

Wat's there to buy? All they did was 3rd party licensed stuff.

12779 Comments. 639 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo