Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12290 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Apr 16, 2018, 08:32 eRe4s3r

Titus wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 02:20:
Take care this Spintires is the version that is not actively developed anymore, because publisher Ovee tried to rip off the developer.Mudrunner: A Spintires game is the version where the money will actually end up at the developer, is being upgraded, and has workshop support.

The workshop lacks like 90% of the real mods (due to support issues on how workshop handles files)

Get your mods here http://www.mudrunnermods.com

For Mudrunner obviously, not for this dead version on sale above as Titus says, super scummy that version is even still sold but whatever.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
20. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 16, 2018, 05:28 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 00:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 21:37:

My problem with this is, at least if racing games are any indication, that human drivers will fuck any transition phase up. ^^

Nah, it won't be any different than it is now. The auto-cars will be just like people, only better.

I'd love to have your optimism I still think human drivers will manage to fuck this up so badly that it'll be way worse before it gets better.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Apr 16, 2018, 03:51 eRe4s3r

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 23:22:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 21:45:
Maybe schools need to start investing into signal proof walls, ain't as expensive as you think, and very easy to do with mobile signals anyway.

Then how will they be able to live tweet the next school shooting?

Arm the children, it's the only way to be sure...

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 15, 2018, 22:16 eRe4s3r

Armengar wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 15:09:
my ford converse plus is fine. easy to navigate and use. the reversing camera screen is integrated into the rear view mirror so you get an overlay in the corner. bluetooth just works and the speech input is a bit quirky but works for fiddly things such as setting temperatures. it doesnt always get the phone book entries correct so i wouldn't trust it to dial. the two dpads on the steering wheel are in a good place. cruise control and adaptive distance cruise are on separate thumb buttons. setting the clock is menu,clock,set then up/down/left/right.

overall it just works and helps rather than be a hindrance.

It's that way in most cars too, but that playlist thing with music always starting at A... and then completing it before shuffle triggers and no volume control before the car is "booted" seem very widespread.

I say, and have the same "feature" on my PC. My remote control for my sound system died eons ago, I control it entirely with my keyboard now which obviously only works after boot. So I disabled boot sounds, and pay attention on shut-down, heh.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 15, 2018, 21:54 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 21:43:
Yeah, as this becomes more and more prevalent with insurance companies denying you insurance because you won't agree to be spied on 24/7 where will all those advocates of the "free market" be? For those of us in our poor ol' socialized democracies we don't have to worry about the bullshit.

Considering how many people run around with fitness trackers I'd be very careful of hoping for "socialized democracies" being immune to this. Insurers will push for it, that's guaranteed. And it only takes 1 weak government and a lobbyist in the right position and even we would be fucked.

And really, once this

You don't use mandated tooth brushing products? +25% on the rate)
You don't use mandated tooth brush with full sensors? +25% on the rate
You don't go the fitness center every 3 days? +25% on the rate
You don't use a full vitals tracker? +25% on the rate
You drink alcohol? +25% on the rate
You eat meat? +25% on the rate
You smoke? +25% on the rate

Becomes reality (at the start only for those receiving subsidies by the state), it will not be optional anymore for those people in our countries. And that's how they will creep this into our laws. You can be sure of it.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Apr 15, 2018, 21:45 eRe4s3r

Maybe schools need to start investing into signal proof walls, ain't as expensive as you think, and very easy to do with mobile signals anyway.  

18. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 15, 2018, 21:37 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 13:09:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 00:46:
But is it ethical to Q&A your autonomous cars in real traffic where real people die? Apparently that discussion hasn't even happened yet in the USA, but maybe it should. Why aren't these cars driving on simulated areas where all possible situations are recreated in safety?

It's ethical because the number of deaths in the USA from human drivers is 40,000 a year. Fully automated cars will reduce that. Humans are terrible drivers, honestly. We get distracted, emotional, sleepy, drunk, etc.

Automated cars have already driven millions of miles in simulated environments and tens of thousands of miles on closed courses. There comes a time where you can no longer improve your system unless it goes to a "production" environment. There will be some deaths from that. But the hardware and software can be improved. Humans cannot.

My problem with this is, at least if racing games are any indication, that human drivers will fuck any transition phase up. ^^

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 15, 2018, 21:22 eRe4s3r

JeffD wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 15:21:
As long as devices like these need wifi then we are in control. And have fun moving to cellular connections, it would not take much to attach some wires and boom, free internet. 1

Until the insurer raises your rates by 500% because you didnt't "log" your teeth brushing

News Comments > This Is the Police 2 Trailer
10. Re: This Is the Police 2 Trailer Apr 15, 2018, 10:47 eRe4s3r

yuastnav wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 08:36:
MT Silver wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 06:03:
Your 'fuck da police' attitude is hilarious. If they announced they were pulling out of your neighbourhood you would be shitting your pants and rightly so. These people are all that stands between us and the wolves.

Well yeah but this is not a fantasy game. If they try to make a realisitc police simulator then everyone who's not on the side of the police is fuuuucked, son.

It's not fantasy but it is fictional.... and I'd guess a studio from Belarus won't know anything about the intricate level of fucked-up-ness that is the US police and sherif system.

10. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 15, 2018, 00:46 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 20:58:
We used to have elevators that were human controlled. Now they are all automatic. We don't even think about it. We throw our hands in front of a closing door and expect the elevator to respond accordingly. So to it will be with cars, although not right away of course. It will take a few decades to perfect the software and hardware.

But is it ethical to Q&A your autonomous cars in real traffic where real people die? Apparently that discussion hasn't even happened yet in the USA, but maybe it should. Why aren't these cars driving on simulated areas where all possible situations are recreated in safety?

I know why of course, because it costs money...

Well, we'll get autonomous cars, trains, ships and planes soon enough. But yeah, 20 to 30 years sounds about right. That's how long it took for elevators...

News Comments > PC Shenmue I and II Announced
4. Re: PC Shenmue I and II Announced Apr 15, 2018, 00:18 eRe4s3r

I'd rather have the 2 Yakuza games....  

4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 14, 2018, 19:34 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 14:47:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 13:30:
Now Uber will be jealous.
Fully autonomous vehicles are finally here, what could possibly go wrong.
Eventually, almost nothing will go wrong. In the short term, we'll probably see some deaths.

And if they were responsible they would test this technology until the AI is actually there. Currently it isn't. These cars all run on semi-autonomous scripts, that's like driving in a game with AutoHotkey scripts only.

Probably possible, but even if even 1 unexpected thing appears it's a catastrophic shitstorm that's looming

News Comments > New BioShock Rumored
3. Re: New BioShock Rumored Apr 13, 2018, 22:05 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 21:04:
Well they managed to ruin one game that should have been easy. I suppose they can ruin a new Bioshock game just as easily too.

2 words

Publisher Interference

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 13, 2018, 21:01 eRe4s3r

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 15:49:
Cutter wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 11:51:
Clearly they need tougher legislation for phones in cars. Start treating it the same as drunk driving and it'll plummet. Arrest people, impound vehicles, take their licenses away and it'll stop - mostly.

That road design doesn't seem very good to me.

Yeah, because nobody drives drunk anymore.

Then illegalize Alcohol.. oh wait...

News Comments > New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced
29. Re: New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced Apr 13, 2018, 18:55 eRe4s3r

What the hell is AMD SenseMI you ask?

AMD's SenseMI technology is a set of learning and adapting features that help the AMD Ryzen™ processor customize its performance to you and your applications, thanks to true machine intelligence (MI).

So... my CPU spies on me?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2018, 20:28 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 20:02:
Pretty sure he was commenting on the tenth digit being "ou" instead of zero. Which I agree was weird. Even odder is this could be potentially confusing since initially phone number included letters. So you would have thought they would have been careful to differentiate the two...

That makes a lot more sense

And it's not just confusing, the word it relates to, "nought" hadn't be used commonly for "zero" for nearly 900 years when this film was made.

I wonder if that is even correct english. Because in the context here it's CLEARLY not "nought", it's a zero, a part of the numeric dial system, not the absence of something or anything.

Ps.: Yes, I googled the word history back to the original source of Old English and Arab numbers. Interesting read.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 1M
12. Re: SOS Early Access Apr 12, 2018, 18:22 eRe4s3r

Angrius Maximis wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 16:42:
And the game's community is as toxic as ever! Enjoy!

I only read the reddit, but holy shit compared to that Bluesnews is a haven of serenity.

Ps.: The games uses EAC? Oh boy, I can imagine how the forums on steam look. ^^

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2018, 18:52.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2018, 17:58 eRe4s3r

Capella wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 15:46:
Yea that video was a hoot. I love the comments. Did zero not exist back in those days?

Literally DIALING did not exist before this, you connected to an operator before. And had to know you had to wait for the connection tone before dialing (This was what operators did before they moved that up the to the user end) and Operators were basically "manual switches"

And yes, that sounds as funky as it was.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2018, 17:45 eRe4s3r

Funny, to me it's completely irrelevant whether it's night or day... I can work day or night, and did so, no problems, no sleep problems. I am actually MORE happy when it's dark and cool outside. Best time for me is.. around 3AM , when nature starts to awake I take a walk around the housing complex and it sounds like you are a in frigging jungle. Nothing like this can compare daily, and once sun is up you got PEOPLE noises, and I hate people

Also I guess I have a 110% risk of death. I am elated! I wasn't sure whether I would actually die or not.

News Comments > Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes
35. Re: Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes Apr 12, 2018, 06:18 eRe4s3r

diesoften wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 02:58:
Is no one else thinking the obvious that if they went after Facebook then Steam wouldn't be that far behind?

So Steam is getting it's act in order?

Ehm, that's a pretty obvious thing to think, don't you think?

If with they you mean the EU, and with "after" you mean a law that was in the works for nearly a decade now.

12290 Comments. 615 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo