Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12226 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 10, 2018, 18:11 eRe4s3r

Wouldn't the security issue lay with netflix here? Seems to me they allow duplicated emails to be used for different accounts. So ehm, why exactly is that?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Worlds Adrift Floats Out Next Month
3. Re: Worlds Adrift Floats Out Next Month Apr 10, 2018, 15:09 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 13:50:
TorchMaster wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 11:24:
Sounds like 'Developers Adrift' if they relied on community feedback to completely shift their game. I would never expect to receive quality results from something built by committee -- and certainly not from a committee of MMO players.

I'll have to report you for anti-party sentiment, comrade!

The party hears all and sees all, it does not need your report, comrade!

News Comments > Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights
11. Re: Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights Apr 9, 2018, 23:53 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 20:14:
These poor guys. Always a day late and a dollar short.

I am not liking that aesthetic. No one is nostalgic for the 80s, so if you're going to use that setting, you'd better do a fantastic job, a la Stranger Things.

There are also 2 different types of nostalgia, and Stranger Things has very little to do with the 80ies aside from aesthetics Speech and behavior are modern. It's the best of 2 worlds imo. Kids in the 80ies talking like kids from the 80ies would have been completely alien to a modern audience.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 9, 2018, 22:31 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 21:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 20:57:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 20:22:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 18:37:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 13:10:
Bitcoin sheds $400 in early U.S. trade.

So maybe graphics cards will shed $400 too now?

GPU's aren't used to mine bitcoins anymore. That's all on ASICs now.
That must be why the store shelves are full and on-line vendors show all models in stock with deep discounts. /s
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-store/

They are used to mine other crypto coins.... price of Bitcoin has no relevance to price of GPU's.
Bitcoin is used as a catchall for crypto mining. No one gives a rats ass what the current flavor of the week is, it's just that you can't buy a card at OEM prices because of bitcoin.

So you think the above news talks about all crypto currencies shedding 400$ "value" ?

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Free with Pillars of Eternity II Preorders
6. Re: Wasteland 2 Free with Pillars of Eternity II Preorders Apr 9, 2018, 22:19 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 21:49:
Not the best choice for a give away, anybody who is interested in PoEt 2 probably already has Wasteland 2 by now.

Aside from that, you guys are naysaying pretty hard, Pillars 2 launch will be playable, just like the first game was. Buggy, probably, but finishable for sure. Then I'll replay after 4-5 months worth of patches, then probably again when DLCs start coming out.

Basically just like Pillars 1 for me.

PoEt 2 will most likely be less buggy than the first game; they've got all the engine issues resolved, they are familiar with all the tools... I'm expecting a few text errors, maybe a broken side quest, but finishable day 1, version 1.0. Balance wise, I'm sure some stuff will be overpowered, but it's a single player game, it won't really be an issue for most people's first playthrough if they do overhauls like 8 months later.

eRe4s3r, where are you reading a concrete number for the DLCs? I thought even Obsidian hadn't decided yet, aside from the one DLC from the Fig funding thing.

On the official store page on gog for obsidian edition they talk about 3 DLC's

Specifically here
https://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_obsidian_edition

Dunno wtf is up today, but GoG nearly crapped out loading half a dozen times before that opened.

DLC Content Packs #1-3: Robust content expansions to the base game that will add new areas, new experiences, new items, and expand the world of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. (post-launch content, a $30 value)

And please remember, I played PoE 1 beta and release, I suffered (And helped fix) the savegame bug among with a few others in the forum after Obsidian ignoring us for nearly 4 days, fully with reverse indexing the entire savegame to show Obsidian where they fucked up, and no, it was not "finishable" for everyone until they hotfixed that issue. Your savegames could have become corrupt by act 3 or increase so much in size that each new area load (and save) took minutes. We are talking 2+ minutes. On a SSD

Sorry, but for me Obsidian is one of these "Good when patched" developers and I will not even touch this until all 3 DLC's are out I learned my lesson hard with White March part 1 and part 2 mess where you could get locked out of the next DLC if you if you had Part 1 and finished the game, and your only remaining saves were in the last acts....

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 9, 2018, 20:57 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 20:22:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 18:37:

That must be why the store shelves are full and on-line vendors show all models in stock with deep discounts. /s
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-store/

They are used to mine other crypto coins.... price of Bitcoin has no relevance to price of GPU's.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Free with Pillars of Eternity II Preorders
3. Re: Wasteland 2 Free with Pillars of Eternity II Preorders Apr 9, 2018, 20:55 eRe4s3r

Reading up on this there are 3 DLC expansions planned I am glad I didn't back this.. least I would be excited when it releases.... half complete an experience and unpatched.

Nah. PoE 1 showed me the way with Obsidian

Wait and enjoy is the motto

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 9, 2018, 18:37 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 9, 2018, 18:36 eRe4s3r

Makes me sad that streaming companies like Crunchy Roll (for example) still insist on Flash... (website that is, they have an W10 app that uses HTML5)

It's literally the only W10 app I run ~.~

And I gotta admit, by the way, that the W10 app store is kinda useful for things like this.

Ps.: And it also sucks, because I can't open an APP from the W10 store via steam.. which is required to "switch" into it when streaming (so resolution fits and all)

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 9, 2018, 17:22 eRe4s3r

Flatline wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 11:56:
So like... instead of keeping track of all the racist vulgar pedobear horrible people on the Overwatch League, shall we just keep track of the decent people? It'd be faster.

If you read the leak the story turns into quite a different view.. apparently HE stopped the contact because he never wanted it to be more than casual friendship.

Wouldn't surprise me if this were another batch of fake news.

Ps.: I only skipped over it...

News Comments > Bus Simulator 18 in June
2. Re: Bus Simulator 18 in June Apr 9, 2018, 12:30 eRe4s3r

Why is a Bus Simulator denoted like Fifa.....

Astragon Entertainment

Oh... right. Because they resell the same game again and again and need to keep track of it

Also MASSIVE lol at these driving physics

News Comments > GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time
10. Re: GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time Apr 9, 2018, 12:26 eRe4s3r

Man, to think I actually own this and haven't got a clue where to even download it nowadays (wasn't on Steam nor GoG.. so sod it).... SP was great, but MP was total shit. I can't believe that this got so much traction, or maybe it's because literally every single time I went into the "open" lobby there were cheaters galore, and crippling bugs.

I uninstalled it after beating it. Oh well Can we just reiterate though that this game is 5 years old? ^^

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2018, 12:19 eRe4s3r

How can you confuse Formaldehyde with Saline, one has a giant fucking red skull on it, the other doesn't!

Ah, but Russia.. nothing surprises me from there anymore.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Apr 8, 2018, 15:03 eRe4s3r

Fion wrote on Apr 8, 2018, 14:46:
Modern gaming nothing can compare to Mass Effect 3. I've never been more pissed off at a game or the company that made it than with that game. Even the extended version I still fucking hate.

I hated it so much that when a mod came out that introduces a 'good' ending (more bitter sweet), I replayed the entire series - with the modded ending - just to erase that original ending from my mind.

The initial release of the mod was rather rough, but by the time I played through all three games again, I can't imagine not using it. The mod actually uses files & videos already embedded into the game (an ending they must have decided to not use) to completely erase the 'god child' and three choices essentially only changing the color of the ending video.

SO if your even thinking of replaying the series - or picking it up for the first time - it is spectacular, but for the love of god. Use... this... mod!

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/66/

What other ending do you even mean? To me there is only 1 true ending, and that's the mod ending

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 8, 2018, 13:20 eRe4s3r

Every 4X Game

For me, 100x times this.

News Comments > Shadows: Awakening Beta Access with Pre-purchase
5. Re: Shadows: Awakening Beta Access with Pre-purchase Apr 7, 2018, 22:46 eRe4s3r

I still have some hopes for this, I feel like the whole story, quest and dialog difference thing among the various heroes you can "play" could make it a bit better than ye average hackn slay, but the combat looked extremely bad and clunky. It ain't no D3 combat wise....  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 7, 2018, 21:40 eRe4s3r

I am all for challenging the norms, but then I read what his game basically boils down to and was already bored out of my mind.

Maybe instead of going macro and simulate the world, you let us simulate a single domed colony as a 4x? How about that? Something new, something fresh.

The game he describes sounds like Civ 6 without AI

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 7, 2018, 12:24 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 10:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 10:26:
Yeah, but if you ever did that on your say, tablet, you'd also know that Android is a POS os that can't do virtual JBOD. So you may have more storage space, but all your OS and meta data still resides on the 16GB tiny partition (or whatever size it is) while there may be a perfectly usable 128GB SD card to be used.

Android now allows you to download and move apps to removeable storage.

Sadly that does not include their temporary files.

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 7, 2018, 10:26 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 08:07:
He didn't upgrade his memory, he increased his drive space. You know, sensible hardware manufacturers have been building devices with modular data storage for 20 years (the SD card was introduced in 1999)...

Yeah, but if you ever did that on your say, tablet, you'd also know that Android is a POS os that can't do virtual JBOD. So you may have more storage space, but all your OS and meta data still resides on the 16GB tiny partition (or whatever size it is) while there may be a perfectly usable 128GB SD card to be used.

I have the same problem on my tablet, I got more than 256GB space on that thing, but the OS sits on a 16GB partition that is LITERALLY soldered on. And I don't have the balls like the above vid dude to pull that chip off

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 6, 2018, 22:17 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 21:02:
That's nuts, and it worked.

Tons of things work when you start getting into it, replacing LED lights on hardware is easy as pie compared to this. People throwing away perfect hardware because a single LED flickers or failed just makes me sad ;/

And seeing this done on an actual logic board is pretty damn impressive.

My Logitech G11 white LED mod still works heh. I wish more people would invest the time needed to just "dig" into the hardware and see what can be repaired without much effort, well, that's a lie, it requires a lot of effort, but not a lot of money.

12226 Comments. 612 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo