Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9870 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
17. Re: Ban White Trucks!!! Jul 2, 2016, 07:07 eRe4s3r

The real problem is that Tesla called this an autopilot.. because at no point was it autonomous... and at no point was the car in "no pilot required" mode

It was an assist system and it should have been called that. It can assist you, but it does NOT drive safely on roads without a pilot. The Tesla in question isn't even halfway to autonomous driving. And imo Tesla made a huge mistake not enforcing "hands on wheel" properly especially when not on proper highways.. where crossings don't exist.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jul 2, 2016, 04:03 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 00:02:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 23:45:
Sadly, never change price, just different front page listings, each day.

Kinda takes the fun out of it...

And it's really hard to find decent games nowadays... so much shovelware

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Jul 1, 2016, 11:56 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 10:16:
The entire Steam library is at 9514 at the time of this writing

I have a friend with 7,812. But he's only level 63.

That's what he gets for not knowing how to use the auto-idler to farm cards and craft badges... ehem.. don't ask

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 1, 2016, 10:18 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 10:12:
Other brands will most likely add the additional power pin connectors to their 480's.

Sapphire already announced that they will be using a custom design for the OC version with 8pin connector and vastly better cooling solution so yeah, that is a given.

News Comments > ManiaPlanet Status Report
2. Re: ManiaPlanet Status Report Jul 1, 2016, 06:55 eRe4s3r

inveigle88 wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 23:39:
The new Trackmania rubbish. They used to be great back when they supported their modding community. What a joke.

In reality, Trackmana, the first one, was when this series should have ended. Because really, there is only so much you can do with an arcade racer that is 100% based on pre made block track elements and time challenges...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 1, 2016, 06:28 eRe4s3r

AMD is clearly pushing the envelope with the power delivery system on the Radeon RX 480 and we have shown that they are definitely drawing power outside PCI Express specifications even at stock clock speeds and power settings.

Translation, the card is 50% (margin is 9%!!!) outside of PCI-E power specifications, holy crap. Seriously, all this could have been avoided with 2x6 or 1x8 pin connectors... wtf AMD, cheap engineering is one thing, but this is damn near malicious. During OC's the card draws as much as 95W from a connection that according to spec, should never draw more than 75W, it pushes a 5A limited line to 7A .

Maybe worse, if you have a crossfire setup with this, enjoy a 2nd PCI-E slot that is power and current starved. This is really mind boggling... in fact crossfire might actually be too dangerous to even consider if we believe this data.

Man... man man man.. to think I actually had slight hope for this GPU generation..

More info
We went back and looked through a lot of our results, and no other card exceeded the 75W limit in stock form, even if they exceeded the 6-pin and 8-pin limits when overclocked

The voltage regulators sit on the card.. so much for software fix.

I just find this incredible.. popcorn is ready and seat reserved! And just so you know, once 3rd party releases with card at 1400 with custom cooling and 2x6 pin this card is a total (safe!) beast. But fact is also that the "software fix" is gonna be serious downclocking. You know it to be so. meaning all benchmarks for this card would be null and void.

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2016, 06:58.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Blood for the Blood God DLC Released
11. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jul 1, 2016, 05:06 eRe4s3r

Desalus wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 19:23:
Why is this not the default gore setting for TW: Warhammer? I thought the ESRB rating was 'M' this entire time and I was shocked to see that it was instead 'T'.

Sega and marketing is the reason, and that they sell blood DLC is actually a legal issue, they can't give a away the DLC for free, because that would increase the rating to M for the base product...

Also, violence like that nets you sale and advertising bans in many countries.... as it is the game is a game, the visual blood and gore effects add nothing.

News Comments > Star Trek- Bridge Crew Details
8. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew Details Jun 30, 2016, 13:45 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 11:25:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 03:18:
You're my kind of people.

KA took some liberties with the size/agility of ships, but damn if it wasn't fun.

Thanks man. There's a whole mod community out there still dedicated to it. For those that can't get it to work on modern OS's including Win10 look for komat's patches. The game itself is ripe for a remake though, people would likely buy it up like no tomorrow but it wouldn't surprise me if it's one of those titles where no one knows who actually owns what, much like NOLF.

Man I still have the original CD's for KA box and all... what a game that was when it came out, FMV, proper story.. KLINGONS.. loved it. And not to forget, the, for the time, absolutely mind blowing damage model. (Modular destruction.. limited, but hey ;p)

News Comments > The Orion Project Asset Theft Follow-up
2. Re: The Orion Project Asset Theft Follow-up Jun 30, 2016, 10:23 eRe4s3r

Shineyguy wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 09:39:
So basically, it's always one of his "freelancers" that put stolen content into the game, never him.

Riiiiight. If your game has a history of ripping off other people's work, and you're the only common denominator then...

It's actually a common problem.... especially when indy devs look for the cheapest way to get 3d assets..

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
14. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 30, 2016, 06:55 eRe4s3r

Deep click is gonna make you suffer from RSI nearly instantly sadly...  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 30, 2016, 06:42 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 06:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 06:20:
Which would allow clock speeds up to 1350hz which is a 20% boost in FPS.. that is quite major.. and all of that is wasted thanks to that 6 pin connector.

The regular boost is 1266MHz so how would an increase to 1350MHz yield a 20% performance boost?

It's what PC Games claimed they achieved in their OC attempts when compared to stock card. (In German). Don't ask me how that is possible, but it would appear that the card is limited by the cooling solution as well.

9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 30, 2016, 06:20 eRe4s3r

Simon Says wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 19:42:
Wallshadows wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 18:21:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 15:12:
This just leaves me baffled... despite 14nm AMD did not manage lower power consumption than the GTX 970 at 28nm ... and lower performance for more power consumption? Why the hell would anyone buy that?

I have to agree with this kind of criticism. It seems kind of backwards in every sense of the word when it comes to the amount of power it uses even with <5% overclocking. Raja Koduri said they're looking in to it so who knows if it's something they can fix or if they'll have to perform some kind of recall since it can potentially fry the shit out of your motherboard.

To their defense, the RX 480 beats or ties the GTX980 in DX12 titles with very early drivers for much cheaper. But yeah, this power consumption thing has got me wary, if it would've sucked 110W at 1266 and only went vampire crazy when overclocked, it wouldn't had been that bad, but hot damn, it goes above the 150W TDP even at stock speeds, that's totally unacceptable.

So I'm stuck to waiting again... The GTX 1060 won't be fully DX12 compliant, so what's left? Wait for the 1160 or Vega? This is a clusterfuck. With Nvidia pulling a preempt hack instead of proper async on one side and AMD pulling a vampire on the other despite very good DX12 implementation. I'm left there holding my HD5850 in one hand and my cash for a good futureproof GPU replacement in the other.

I doubt this is going to be a software fix... the card draws substantially more than 150W if you disable thermal throttling, so that the core clock always stays at 1266hz (if you don't do this, the card throttles down massively, as low as 1000hz, and not based on THERMAL but on POWER (as in the card is restricting it's performance to stay within 150W)). They measured it drew more than 7A from Pci-E and over 210W total.... a lofty percentage above it's rated TDP of 150W and way above the PCI-E spec (the Amps, anyway). There isn't even a way to power that with a 6 pin connector alone, the card is drawing all the excess through the PCI-E power lane directly, so you better hope your board manufacturer build those power regulators properly... cheap boards cheap out on those components because nobody expects GPU's to draw that much from PCI-E alone.

Either way, the price is good, but the reference design is total garbage. Maybe some newer versions from other manufacturers will include 8pin connector and proper thermal cooling. Which would allow clock speeds up to 1350hz which is a 20% boost in FPS.. that is quite major.. and all of that is wasted thanks to that 6 pin connector.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 29, 2016, 15:27 eRe4s3r

Symantec = Making your PC less secure

Teaches people to use this garbage. Only decent security is proper user right restriction, always updating, sandboxing and not clicking on anything that might be dangerous.

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 29, 2016, 15:12 eRe4s3r

RX 480 not even on the same level as a GTX 970 but needs !!!!!! more power !!!!!! and only uses a 6 pin connector (aka, OC is DEAD)? Is that a fucking joke by AMD? Let me repeat that, the 480 has LESS performance than a 970 despite it's broken 3.5GB + 0.5GB VRAM implementation and yet uses MORE power and despite THAT fact only has a 6 pin connector and is thus magically "gimped" for overclockers...

This just leaves me baffled... despite 14nm AMD did not manage lower power consumption than the GTX 970 at 28nm ... and lower performance for more power consumption? Why the hell would anyone buy that?

Edit: No wonder they are giving them away for free

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2016, 15:20.

News Comments > Godus Dead?
13. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 29, 2016, 15:03 eRe4s3r

Devinoch wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 14:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 07:31:
Tachikoma wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 02:32:
Molyneux should stay away from video games, go to a rehab, take up painting or something. He`s just cursed.

He is not so much cursed, as he is a tremendous danger to any development if you don't physically chain him to a competent lead designer... you know, a guy who can actually judge an idea based on whether it's possible to pull off within the budget or not.

Also a producer who just has a giant posterboard on his desk with the word NO written on it that he's willing to raise over his head a dozen times a day...

Just picturing that makes me laugh But yeah, all his greatest successes where when there were people assigned to the project by a higher power that reigned his squalor in...

Kinda baffling how someone like that can gain such fame

News Comments > Out of the Blue
42. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2016, 07:41 eRe4s3r

Ecthelion wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 10:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 01:17:
Ecthelion wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 22:58:
The rest of the episode was really enjoyable, but that first section in King's Landing, while fun to watch, just seemed so off.

Think about why she didn't want him buried properly.. the relationship was already busted when he invited the faith into the castle by inaction. By the time king proclaimed open support for the faith, she was out for brutal vengeance. She knew the consequences of him surviving... she made a gamble there and it turned out the best possible way. She gave him 1 !!! way out, as her son but king in name only. So to her, this was probably the most in character thing she has ever done. Remember she was out for blood after the "Walk of Shame"

Cersei was gunning for the throne,
and she isn't the type of women you scorn more than once.
Hmm, you may have a point.

In that case, she may be the worst human being so far in the series, worse than Joffrey and Ramsay. Certainly she is the worst mother around. The producers had me believing there was still some good in her when it came to being a mother, so maybe I'm just disappointed that she let revenge override her maternal instincts. Good parents love their children unconditionally, and it's pretty foolish of her to blame Tommen for falling under the High Sparrow's spell when she underestimated him and put him into power in the first place.

I guess this ties back to an earlier episode where Tywin chastised Cersei and Jamie for not thinking about the family name. At this point she has killed her uncle and his son, and it seems like she's too old to start again with new kids (I suppose Jamie could marry somebody and still continue the family but it seems unlikely given his tastes). It seems that revenge and power truly are all that motivate her at the end of the day, and she can't plan for the future. Qyburn and Jamie are her only real allies at this point. Even Robert knew how to appease allies better than her, but I guess she doesn't care about all that. The thing is, that strategy works fine when you have 3 dragons, but not so great when your resources are dwindling. How long does she really think she'll hold the Iron Throne?

Also, side note, but for Season 5 and 6, watching them on HBO Go, they go "inside" the episode after each episode and talk to the producers. EVERY time the guy with thin hair (D.B. Weiss) refers to Tommen, he pronounces it "Tome-in" while the other producer and EVERYONE on the show pronounces it "Tom-in". It's weird.

Even better, the prophecy she received DID predict everything that happened, so it's perfectly possible she is cursed (well, to avoid spoilers)
here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwHGNoMjHn8 (No spoiler, unless you haven't seen season 5 e1

And one part of the prophecy, which is only in the books, reads
# And when your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar (younger brother) shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

News Comments > Godus Dead?
11. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 29, 2016, 07:31 eRe4s3r

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 02:32:
Molyneux should stay away from video games, go to a rehab, take up painting or something. He`s just cursed.

He is not so much cursed, as he is a tremendous danger to any development if you don't physically chain him to a competent lead designer... you know, a guy who can actually judge an idea based on whether it's possible to pull off within the budget or not.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2016, 07:24 eRe4s3r

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 04:52:
descender wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 13:47:
My faith for the new ST movie lies entirely on Simon Pegg writing it... him being a huge ST nerd and basically not allowing it to become the fan-service knockoff that ST:ED was.

You did see the trailer? You know the part where they manage to destroy another Enterprise in the first five minutes of the film?? Simon Pegg can't fix what isn't broken. This is not Star Trek, it's the Fast and the Furious in tights, in space. Sort of. Well on a planet mostly.

The joke is a series instead of a AAA popcorn movie with this production level but a less retarded writer would easily match up to what Game of Thrones does for pure grim-dark fantasy. 60 episodes a 1h would allow for absolutely insane story arcs, and not this garbage (and seriously, what is up with the 2f2f vibe... same directors?)

I mean, I guess most people watch these because they are short burst entertainment, and they are really good at that. But they are not Star Trek.. every movie for star trek was inferior to even a single episode of Star Trek: Voyager and for a series from 1997 that is really saying a lot about the quality of the writing staff involved....

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 29, 2016, 03:48 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 12:52:
How many years has it been since igoogle (which I used as a homepage) was discontinued?

Every day it's gone is 1 too many...

I can't even fathom why they would remove a dumb front page script (which is all it was) that simply gave proper merging of feeds (RSS, Youtube, Gmail, Calendar, NEWS)

But noooo, apparently we can't have USEFUL things from google anymore. Their googleNow bullshit is more annoying than useful on my tablet..

News Comments > The Technomancer Launch Trailer
3. Re: The Technomancer Launch Trailer Jun 28, 2016, 07:50 eRe4s3r

Well I loved Mars War Logs as well, had a quirky sci-fi fetish atmosphere that is long lost nowadays... Technomancers.. heck, how many people even know what that is nowadays?  

9870 Comments. 494 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo