Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11617 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Previews
4. Re: Sunday Previews Nov 20, 2017, 04:34 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 03:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 02:14:
Well guess why I am hyped for this thing, better not fuck it up CDP

Or you'll hop in your BMW and drive across the border to their offices to give them a piece of your mind!

Don't give me ideas

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Nov 20, 2017, 04:31 eRe4s3r

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 03:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 02:22:
EA ruined a perfectly good niche game that could have become a regular earner, instead they brought down the ENTIRE deadspace IP. And no doubt the managers at EA got fat checks for that.

None of these companies want solid earners anymore, same with movie studios. They want huge hits or nothing. Why make 10 million back from a 5 million budget when you can make 1 billion back from a 200 million budget? Right or wrong we're stuck with them having this mindset.

At least for the big publishers that seems to be the case indeed, I doubt even a big failure would teach them otherwise in the current situation. And all we get is the same games with different skins. But I guess for the new growing up audiences that's great... for us who played the originals of a series that's horrible ;/

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Nov 20, 2017, 02:22 eRe4s3r

That EA canned Viscerals Solo Star-Wars game (and killed Visceral in the process, not to mention what EA forced down our throats with the mess that was dead space 3..) after 4 years of development tells you everything ye need to know about EA.

EA ruined a perfectly good niche game that could have become a regular earner, instead they brought down the ENTIRE deadspace IP. And no doubt the managers at EA got fat checks for that.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
2. Re: Sunday Previews Nov 20, 2017, 02:14 eRe4s3r

Well guess why I am hyped for this thing, better not fuck it up CDP  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2017, 21:26 eRe4s3r

LiTh wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 07:10:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 16:47:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 14:14:
Someone will make a trustworthy child's smartwatch. The ones I have seen look like the Dick Tracy wrist phone with facetime. The ability to lockout who you child can receive calls from and make calls to is a big plus. And it is strapped to their wrist making it harder to lose.

The real problem is that these smart watches had a silent call mode which can be used to spy on said child, or home, or family... illegal in Germany. Not just illegal to sell, but illegal to possess!

And yet a smart phone with an app has the exact same functionality.

And if that is ever found out in school you are going to have a lot of fun in a court room. ^^ Not so much fun later, when you receive a 5 digit fine and are required to destroy your smart-phone like, with verification and certificate.

If you use that at work by the way, you face concrete walls for up to 10 years and obviously instant firing. In both cases that shit is just not worth it. (reason for 10+ years? Industrial espionage law triggers here) And that means civil lawsuits will ruin you in the aftermath as well.

Basically, don't use spy devices (or apps) in Germany ^^

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
16. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Nov 19, 2017, 21:14 eRe4s3r

"Outstanding Contribution to the UK Games Industry sponsored by The Telegraph" - Debbie Bestwick MBE

Yeah I am just, like .. haha that MBE was really needed huh, otherwise we might have thought she had anything to do with GAMES.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 19, 2017, 06:30 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 14:09:
So after the virus is sprung it looks like a trusted file and the av no longer detects it. joy

I don't trust AV software and neither should you (which means, sandboxing without admin rights first, AV second)

News Comments > ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension
22. Re: ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension Nov 19, 2017, 06:13 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 22:05:
Cutter wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 21:31:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 19:16:
Personally I don't think there needs to be a law for this.

Handicap products, are markets certain companies target. Almost all products made are NOT handicap ready. Blenders, toilets, guns etc. There are non-handicap based companies in an open market and then there are handicap variants other companies target. But not all products. Impossible.

And where do you draw the handicap line? Guy with a hitch in his gate has to be accompanied? Guy with no hands the same? And if you do draw a line somewhere, why? It's like we have a line today, you are just moving it, not encompassing all. All product need hand, feet, eye and voice controls, cause ya know there is someone out there that needs it. It's not feasible.

Games are not essential and it is silly a company has to do something like this if they don't want to, these are markets, these are freedoms, this isn't evil. And if all games have to, why not all blenders, toilets, cars and guns? It simply has to fall into the category of "life isn't fair". We can still strive to be better, but a law for all, ya no.

Yeah, well im my first resto I opened we had to install a handicapped bathroom at a cost of 5 grand. Which we couldn't afford at the time, and ended up having to blow off our keg fridge for a year because of it, and to this day I sincerely doubt that one single handicapped person - someone who would need a handicapped bathroom - has ever even entered the place. And every other business and service out there has to make accommodation for the handicapped so if we have to suck it up so should they. Most games come with subtitles already so that's not a stretch anyway. I don't know how the hell you'd make a videogame for the blind however. And it's not like the publishers couldn't afford it. It may not be fair but being handicapped is a hell of a lot more unfair. Try walking around for even one day as a blind or deaf person and you'll see.

I want to make a game, I have to abide by this? Or is this only some games? I won't have a publisher, nor can I afford. So store and video games "have to". Well what about 1000000 other things that aren't today? Yes there is one wheelchair guy in every area that will make your store be compliant. It's a public space, video games aren't a public space and far from anything essential.

As long as you do subtitles and rebinding for controls you are fine... bonus points for the color impairments, but that can be avoided with some good upfront design principles. Ie, don't mix orange, gold yellow and light green.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 18, 2017, 16:47 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 14:14:
Someone will make a trustworthy child's smartwatch. The ones I have seen look like the Dick Tracy wrist phone with facetime. The ability to lockout who you child can receive calls from and make calls to is a big plus. And it is strapped to their wrist making it harder to lose.

The real problem is that these smart watches had a silent call mode which can be used to spy on said child, or home, or family... illegal in Germany. Not just illegal to sell, but illegal to possess!

News Comments > ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension
7. Re: ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension Nov 18, 2017, 16:04 eRe4s3r

For a second I was confused why the European Space Agency cares about US disability waivers  

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: Crypto Miner Nov 18, 2017, 15:59 eRe4s3r

Dacote wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 11:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 21:28:
Beamer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 07:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 16:16:
Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 16:14:
372% CPU.

;p

Add these 2 filters to your uBlock Origin or Adblock custom rule thing

https://crypto-loot.com
https://crypto-loot.com/lib/miner.min.js

You gotta block them as they come btw, wide range block would be defeated by other domain or script name....

With filter 27 load attempts for this miner are detected by uBlock Origin.. ;p

That was my work mac. I need to see ads at work, so no blocking.
At home, I already block all javascript.

At work you don't have a malware filterlist ? Sounds to me your company *wants* to be hacked
If Beamer works in advertising (or similar web based areas) he needs to be able to see ads.
Malware blocking is a totally different thing.

Nah, in uBlock Origin you can toggle which filter list you want, malware or ads, or both. Malware blocks most crypto miners that are inline js scripts. Custom filters can extend that.

So it isn't really a totally different thing Functionality wise you can even get away just with malwarebytes... though you don't have much control and a warning doesn't mean it was blocked.

I mean, unless his firewall runs a proper IT'd firewall with own filters... if he uses home hardware at work then I would never connect to a network without at the very least MSVP hostlists in the set.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Nov 18, 2017, 02:44 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 02:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 23:03:
This is the only good use for military equipment, at least nobody got hurt in the process.

A bunch of 10-year-olds got hurt, laughing so hard they fell over and hit their heads.

Haha

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Nov 17, 2017, 23:03 eRe4s3r

This is the only good use for military equipment, at least nobody got hurt in the process.  

News Comments > Titan Quest Ragnarök Released
12. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 21:47 eRe4s3r

Whenever I see this game in my steam library (all 3 versions of it for some absurd reason) I remember I own Grim Dawn, then I start them both up and remember why I hated Grim Dawn and Titan Quest... Mind you, I actually played Grim Dawn with the "update" only to discover that it's still as meh as usual, I got a level 50 char by the way. That's the furthest I could stomach the game. The loot system still sucks ;( and at 1440p I have to squint to even see my inventory, good to see we live in the year 2017 there!

And I hate Titan Quest as much as Grim Dawn because it's exactly as boring and functionality broken (with bad itemization) that I actually want to reinstall Diablo 3 now...... still haven't installed battle.net since my OS switcheroo....

It's hard to describe what exactly it is, but that 2 different games could entice the same emotion from me is a really bad sign. I won't be buying any expansions for either game obviously, for that I have to actually enjoy playing the dang game first ~.~

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 17, 2017, 21:31 eRe4s3r

Yeah, being glad you aren't as bad as EA isn't exactly making ye look good  

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: Crypto Miner Nov 17, 2017, 21:28 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 07:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 16:16:
372% CPU.

;p

You gotta block them as they come btw, wide range block would be defeated by other domain or script name....

That was my work mac. I need to see ads at work, so no blocking.
At home, I already block all javascript.

At work you don't have a malware filterlist ? Sounds to me your company *wants* to be hacked

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 17, 2017, 21:22 eRe4s3r

Krazr, what a hive of fucking greed ridden scumbaggery. Owned by Mohamed Multhazim Akbar Ali from a quick google-fu.

I say find his 18 brands and pwn them.....

Btw, he even admits to this business model
"We find products that sell well and order quality goods from different countries and sell them on Amazon," he wrote. He said that his company sells "the goods to multiple online retailers who resell them."

Translation. They take a product made in China, go to the factory and order the same product and then sell it for X less. Classic scalping. Highly illegal in the EU at least but hard to actually fight. Only solution would be to get the dude personally and that would require a major lawsuit and process.

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2017, 20:36 eRe4s3r

Dacote wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 19:40:
IgWannA wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 14:15:
Eccentric wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 10:27:
Anyone else get a BitcoinMiner exploit blocked (hopefully) by your AV when you go to the SW:BF2 gameplay article?

Wow yeah, CPU at 100%. Neither BitDefender nor AdBlock detected anything though... What AV do you use?
Ublock Origin silently blocked it w/out adding anything. By blocked I mean I did not see an increase in cpu usage.
When I disabled U-block and reloaded the page Malwarebytes came into play and blocked crypto-loot.com

Likely it was blocked by something on your end that was not uBlock Origin, I tested with *only* uBlock Origin (latest filter lists and version) and no AV and it ran the miner without any info. Either way, good to know that malware bytes detected it, but what we really need is noscript back.

Well, actually it could also be you have some filter list active that I don't have active... ;p

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: Crypto Miner Nov 16, 2017, 16:16 eRe4s3r

372% CPU.

;p

News Comments > etc.
10. Crypto Miner Nov 16, 2017, 16:01 eRe4s3r

IgWannA wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 14:15:
Eccentric wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 10:27:
Anyone else get a BitcoinMiner exploit blocked (hopefully) by your AV when you go to the SW:BF2 gameplay article?

Wow yeah, CPU at 100%. Neither BitDefender nor AdBlock detected anything though... What AV do you use?

The culprit is this, and it's loaded on page-load as one of the first things, site has a crypto-miner via JS integrated. Super scammy and Blues should blacklist the site for eternity imo.

The miner in question appears as one of the first loaded JS scripts

Don't click on that obviously. Seriously, do NOT click on the JS script, it will run

Interestingly, not even uBlock Origin detected this, NoScript would block it but yeah, I have a simple JS disable button currently that does block it too...

If you got heuristic AV this post here should already trigger a warning btw... if you got IT skills, this post here should entice you to dig deeper with JS disabled.

Interestingly, it doesn't even get filtered with a custom filter..

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2017, 16:13.

11617 Comments. 581 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo