Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12397 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 12, 2018, 15:36 eRe4s3r

Nullity wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 13:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 10:42:
2500€ in Europe also means an 8 BIT IPS panel with backlight bleeding, halo effects and no 144hz with HDR10 content. Which the screen can't display correctly anyway, because HDR 10 means 10 bit color depth, not just brightness. So an 8bit panel can't display HDR 10 correctly no matter what.

I can find better TV's for half the price. Even OLEDs and that's the real crazy part.

Huh? The Acer X27 is definitely a 10-bit panel.

The halo effect pointed out in the video has me worried. I was planning on getting one of these eventually. I'll have to reconsider.

Unfortunately OLED still has too many burn-in issues for me to consider as a PC monitor. Although I don't believe there are really any out there yet anyway.

With a chroma key of 4:2:2 it can't be a 10bit panel. Or maybe it is one and they reduce it intentionally at 144hz 4k because of bandwidth issues (far as I remember, you can only output 144hz 4K with 4:4:4 up to 90hz over DP 1.4, HDMI is even worse..... Either way, with that chroma key it ain't HDR10 what you are seeing on that screen, the gamma would be all fucked (parts too dark and parts too bright)

Whether you can tell this in front of the screen I dunno, but specs wise it is not *showing* 10bit nor does it correctly display HDR10, which is a real laugh imo But it preys on people who have no idea about Chroma keys and LUT and Gamma ranges... You only get non distorted HDR10 if you run things at 72HZ which totally invalidates the entire gsync idea. If you run the screen at 144hz by default ALL your content is gonna be displayed at 4:2:2

Unless I misunderstand the specs... just to be clear, this screen would need 2 (DP) connectors to overcome this limitation.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 12, 2018, 10:42 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 10:28:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 21:35:
A fan in a monitor.... what will they think of next? Liquid cooling?

LOL, yea that is ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as the price tag. I bought an LG 31.5 with GSync, and I love the monitor. its not 4K but its still a damn goof looking monitor and the picture quality is really nice. and it clocks up to 165Hz And I only paid 700 for it.

2500€ in Europe also means an 8 BIT IPS panel with backlight bleeding, halo effects and no 144hz with HDR10 content. Which the screen can't display correctly anyway, because HDR 10 means 10 bit color depth, not just brightness. So an 8bit panel can't display HDR 10 correctly no matter what.

I can find better TV's for half the price. Even OLEDs and that's the real crazy part.

News Comments > Satisfactory Announced
2. Re: Satisfactory Announced Jun 11, 2018, 22:10 eRe4s3r

Looks nice and funny video

And this is coming from the guys who made Goat Simulator? Well I'll be damned.

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 21:35 eRe4s3r

A fan in a monitor.... what will they think of next? Liquid cooling?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Jun 11, 2018, 13:07 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 12:24:
Most other reviews are either glowing, or at least positive. Rock Paper Shotgun called it disappointing, but wasn't the torpedo here. Others seem to think it's fantastic, but often only played 8-10 hours. Those reviews are kind of vague. This one really gets into why it hated the game, and those reasons make sense to me.

I actually canceled any plan of getting this because of this review, time acceleration is a huge thing missing. Ain't nobody got time for all that nowadays, but most importantly waiting 10 minutes to make 1 dinosaur, a time during which you can't do ANYTHING ELSE because you need the money and you roll a dice against that time with 30% fail chance, does not sound fun to me....

Sigh, I had such high hopes for this ;/

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jun 11, 2018, 12:18 eRe4s3r

Wow, that's one of the most crushing reviews I've read in a long while.

most of the time, you’re sitting around performing mandatory boring tasks

only the Dinosaur Rating determines how much money you make means you can completely neglect the Park Rating

Seems zero creativity allowed in park design.. even more "ouch"

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
19. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 12:09 eRe4s3r

Acleacius wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 12:00:
I'm getting a Cyberpunk gta feeling. It would be great since CD Projekt RED is far more capable than rockstar.

On the plus side, it would be a huge step above rockstar if they can just give us a version where we aren't forced to play villains. Sadly the first thing that sticks out is being forced to play as a male character. Not only does it reduce RPGness by 50% out of the gate. Some of us don't want to run around for 10+ hours plus looking at some guy's butt. Urk

You can play both genders...

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 10, 2018, 22:11 eRe4s3r

Undih wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 17:15:
I'm sure some high ranking exec at EA got hurt by this glorius IP when he was growing up.. And he sure wants it deded!!

Just like Dead Space, Mass Effect and Sim City then....

News Comments > Battlefield V Video
11. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 10, 2018, 21:25 eRe4s3r

To me this game is now a definitive skip. I watched all of jackfrags videos and already I don't want any more WW2. Maybe because I played 1942 to death in a clan like, professionally. But I can't stand WW2 anymore, I skipped COD WW2 and I skip this. Fair is fair.

News Comments > Anthem Videos
13. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 21:00 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 20:10:
Cutter wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 19:18:
"Anthem is all about teamwork."

Forced MP? No sale. Looks like nothing but grind anyway.

Did you even watch the video Cutter? They clearly stated that yes, this is a Coop game ,but you can still play it Solo. Gezz dude, watch the fucking videos before saying shit.

The problem is that what they say and show in the video is unclear as hell. Is it like Monster Hunter, where I can put down beacons to invite other players into a hunt but have AI buddies otherwise (which I find acceptable). Or is it going to be The Division or Destiny 2, an unplayable shitshow in SP where it's basically enforced MP. Or is it going to be like Warframe where I can rando queue and have fun. Or is going to be like GTA Online (A way of MP game I find abhorrently horrific)

I think the real problem Anthem has is that still nobody has any clue where on this range it falls. I really wish I did though, because that would finally decide whether I care for it or not.

And then there is still the problem that this is EA, and EA is EA, EA won't get my money unless the game is substantially good. And that remains to be seen too

Also there is this
https://gamerant.com/anthem-npc-squadmates/

And with that Anthem is from my care list

Some parts of Anthem, including the Stronghold raid missions, will require four player

So it's like The Division. SP is not a possible route to complete the game or use many of it's combat features.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2018, 21:15.

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed
23. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 18:29 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 14:55:
warmbluelasers wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 11:47:
I've seen all I think I need to see of the gameplay. I'm interested in three answers: Will there be player-run servers? Will there be a server browser? Will there be forced auto-balance? Even after removing the loot box stuff, Battlefront 2 is a crap show without those three things.

1) player-run servers are never coming back.
2) probably, won't know till they release beta through
3) difficult to force auto-balance in a game where you want to play with your buddies in squads. If you're not grouped into a party together then you'll probably be the one selected for team balance.

It would be enough if they autobalanced aggressively every minute, in BF1 auto balance only triggers at the end of a round, which is why nearly every single game in BF1 is a lopsided boring mess, just like BF1 is.

Also I just played it yesterday (already uninstalled it again though) and when I pressed quick play it put me in an EMPTY SERVER. So they didn't even fix the release day bug with matchmaking. Lmao

News Comments > Anthem Videos
10. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 18:09 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 15:57:
Dragon Age with jetpacks and ironman suits.

Mass Effect Andromeda flashbacks.. argh

News Comments > Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Gameplay Trailer
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2018, 07:54 eRe4s3r

LiTh wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 05:20:
I can see that single combat thing get old fast after the 3rd or 4th time when you've already seen all the animations.

Nothing forces you to look at the fight, it just takes a general and his abilities out of the fight and it would be REALLY nice to have that in Warhammer 2 too where legendary lords can be quite game changing. Even if animations wouldn't line up ever, just having that ability to tie a lord up would be neat. Currently lords can get knocked so far out of the way by big monsters that you have to actively order a chase and that chase can really lead you through the entire enemy army.

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed
5. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 9, 2018, 17:53 eRe4s3r

This is EA as it lives and breathes, bravo!

I can't wait till Slick drops here to tell us how Battlefield is TOTALLY NOT TRYING TO BE LIKE FORTNIGHT

I guess this gives the #metoo hashtag a whole new meaning

5. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Gameplay Trailer Jun 9, 2018, 15:09 eRe4s3r

Red886 wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 13:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 12:46:
Red886 wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 03:23:
other than a graphical and animation update, the battle does not look any different from the Total Wars before it.

this being 3 kingdoms, just how much maneuverability and complexity had they designed for the campaign map and diplomacy? The continued attraction to this period lies on the tricks of war, the alliances and it's inevitable betrayals...

ps. the voice acting is terrible. An option for period suitable language with subs perhaps?

Nobody would understand period suitable mandarin, not even Chinese, also nobody actually speaks it*

just saw someone post somewhere else that they were doing mandarin voice overs. Don't know how true is that though

still complete cheeseballs dialogue though

Well they did Japanese voice overs in Shogun II (only Fall of Samurai did not have them weirdly enough) so I am sure they will do Mandarin voice overs. And if they don't, we can always mod that in ;p

3. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Gameplay Trailer Jun 9, 2018, 12:46 eRe4s3r

Red886 wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 03:23:
other than a graphical and animation update, the battle does not look any different from the Total Wars before it.

this being 3 kingdoms, just how much maneuverability and complexity had they designed for the campaign map and diplomacy? The continued attraction to this period lies on the tricks of war, the alliances and it's inevitable betrayals...

ps. the voice acting is terrible. An option for period suitable language with subs perhaps?

Nobody would understand period suitable mandarin, not even Chinese, also nobody actually speaks it*

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2018, 12:57.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 8, 2018, 16:30 eRe4s3r

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 09:49:
itch.io should take a look at what's in their own house before they start criticizing others.

Was gonna write the same, at least Steam has the modicum of an entry fee....

News Comments > IKEA Plans Custom Gaming Chairs
5. Re: IKEA Plans Custom Gaming Chairs Jun 8, 2018, 13:35 eRe4s3r

I know that sounds super cheap but.. I would buy one in an instant. Have an Ikea barely 20m from here, hopefully they get this feature.  

News Comments > Steam Game Removals
10. Re: Steam Game Removals Jun 8, 2018, 13:06 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 12:56:
Problem is at some point they are going to have to address the elephant in the room... that being GTA. Shitty controversial games are a no brainer, but what about a well developed controversial game from a major publisher?

Ain't nothing controversial about GTA 5 anymore. Trump is several times more controversial, no?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 8, 2018, 13:02 eRe4s3r

Flatline wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 12:15:
"The 'net ain't free and you ain't paying."

Yeah but literally like 90% of incoming viruses and exploits and scareware and browser hijackers come over f*cking ad networks these days.

I'll turn my f*cking ad blocker off when you can promise me I won't get a virus by loading your goddamn ads.

Amen to that, if you don't control your ads you don't get to control whether I view or not. If they had unique ads outside of ad networks they wouldn't get blocked (shocking, I know)

12397 Comments. 620 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo