Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10273 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer
8. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 15:14 eRe4s3r

SlimRam wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 14:52:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 14:46:
Kelpie wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 13:11:
Anyone else spot the obvious mistake in the trailer?

No American Flag, bleached white by radiation?

Also, sounds like Clancy Brown

I still need to finish Mass Effect 3.

Yup, no American flag, also the lander doesn't look like that, the top part is gone. It's kinda how they returned to space after the moonwalk. Also, I believe the lunar rover should be visible also? Not sure about that though.

EDIT: Actually just looked it up The rover is quite a ways from the site and they predict that the flag is probably gone altogether because it was just made of nylon. The more you KNOW!

Speaking about things that one really ought to know, did every Apollo mission that landed (3 of which landed with their own rover!) plant a flag??? And did the soviets plant a flag too? And what was it made of?

Googling this resulted in a lot of confusion.. did NASA never make public the full EVA logs of missions? Can't find a damn thing on the Nasa website so maybe that is just me...

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2016, 15:25.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer
6. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 14:57 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 13:25:
#BlackSpaceMatters

2 things, this made me google first not white man in space, and he was from Cuba (yes, really) and sent up there by the Soviets in 1980. So.... I think I could call you a closet communist for that hashtag

The other is.. I am hyped for this game

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
4. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 02:30 eRe4s3r

My mind is ready, and I don't have it pre-ordered because.. I wait for reviews

I don't think they could fuck it up though. Dishonored has a winning formula, it just needs more polish, more depth and more fun. That blink/time-stop skill alone would make running through the game as a blinking master of doom so much more fun. Can't believe how many ledges I missed by a tiny fraction when doing multiple blinks in a row

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Nov 3, 2016, 00:41 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 2, 2016, 21:19:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 2, 2016, 19:56:
1700 gold farmers now have to tell their wife what they do for a living.

How exactly do you 'farm gold' in Overwatch? You have played Overwatch right, ya know the game where you can unlock stuff but can't trade it or anything?

You ever heard of account boosting? Yes, it's an actual service that some are dumb enough to use. You give chinese farmer your account, he plays and farms, you come back after a week and you got a high ranked account with tons of stuff unlocked.

^^

News Comments > Steam Screenshot Policy Change?
14. Re: Steam Screenshot Policy Change? Nov 2, 2016, 08:16 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 22:24:
Bullshots aren't covered by this - they typically claim to be in-game, just not in-the-shipped-game.

If you can't achieve a screenshot in the shipped game then is it not against these guidelines though?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 2, 2016, 03:35 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2016, 01:30:
An electronic device has structures such as substrates and internal housing structures. The substrates may be rigid substrates such as rigid printed circuit boards and flexible substrates such as flexible printed circuits, flexible touch sensor substrates, and flexible display substrates. Carbon nanotubes may be patterned to form carbon nanotube signal paths on the substrates. The signal paths may resist cracking when bent. A flexible structure such as a flexible printed circuit may have carbon nanotube signal paths interposed between polymer layers. Openings in a polymer layer may expose metal solder pads on the carbon nanotube signal paths. A stiffener may be provided under the metal solder pads. Polymer materials in the flexible structure may be molded to form bends. Bends may be formed along edges of a touch sensor or display or may be formed in a flexible printed circuit.

Yeah, basically describes a bendable circuit board. There must be prior art out there somewhere.

The news post is also a bit confusing, the patent does not mention "foldable" or "folding" even once.

Why is this important? Because a foldable circuit that has no need for an additional switching mechanism would be revolutionary. A bendable circuit has so much prior art you can totally forget it. Every flexi-trace ever made, since the 80ies!, is prior art to a foldable circuit described here. Unless I misunderstand what Apple intends to do here...

Anyway, I mention this because HardOCP says "Folding phone" when in reality, that isn't what the patent is about whatsoever.

News Comments > Steam Screenshot Policy Change?
12. Re: Steam Screenshot Policy Change? Nov 1, 2016, 22:51 eRe4s3r

Grokk wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 20:13:
I don't disagree that the screenshots should be just that, but I do wonder what Valve is up to with the comment...
Additionally, we’re going to start showing game screenshots in more places as described above, and these images need to be able to represent the game.

Steamlink, SteamVR, BigPicture and SteamOS integration ? Would be kinda shit if you tried a VR hub for starting games and all you see is text and awards, and bullshots.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2016, 11:39 eRe4s3r

My ISP contract price is the same for.. 11 years now Although shit speeds  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 1, 2016, 11:37 eRe4s3r

I was shortly interested, then I saw the art-style... I won't let my grim-dark Warhammer gobi vision be ruined by that ;p  

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Spotted?
6. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Spotted? Nov 1, 2016, 11:30 eRe4s3r

Necromancer would be a nice addition...  

News Comments > Game Key Delays Addressed
8. Re: Game Key Delays Addressed Nov 1, 2016, 08:16 eRe4s3r

QuadBarrel wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 07:15:
Just a reminder gamers...I pre ordered BF1 via EA and never received my code...never replied back and to me and AMEX did a charge back. EA the oldest er one of acting this way....damn strange. I deal with cdkeys.com from now on

What you mean never replied back? There is a live support thing on the account page for exactly such issues. One time I had an issue like that they fixed it within 3 minutes of me bringing it up. Which is far better than the last time I had an Steam issue, support needed 5 months to get back to me. (Steamlink related)

News Comments > DOOM - Hell Followed DLC
4. Re: DOOM - Hell Followed DLC Oct 31, 2016, 15:05 eRe4s3r

Kajetan wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 11:41:
multiplayer content pack ...

*sigh*

One day, when pigs can fly and war is outlawed all over the globe, the Bethesda board will realize, that NOFUCKINBODY WANTS MP FOR DOOM 4!!!!

Until then, who gives a shit?

Thing is though that Doom SP was made by a different studio entirely, Doom MP was outsourced with a season pass content contract no doubt (so it's already paid for), while the SP was made by an internal studio that now already works on something else and making SP content would thus cost some actual money for Beth. And god forbid Beth invests actual money into things that people actually want!

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires NovaLogic Franchises
10. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires NovaLogic Franchises Oct 31, 2016, 13:13 eRe4s3r

Armored Fist or a proper Commanche remake would be neat... But yeah, they buy them up, but do they actually plan to do anything with it?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2016, 06:12 eRe4s3r

1badmf wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 23:15:
westworld: this show is almost too rich. so many layers, each tastier than the last, and the best part is seeing how they're revealed. i love that Ford isn't the kindly tinkerer i intially thought; i love that logan isn't just a douchebag - he might be truly evil, delighting in the corruption of his friend. frankly the least interesting characters are the good guys, but that might say more about me than the show O.o

i love dolores' descent into madness 1) because it's fascinating for its own sake 2) the nasty irony that her madness might be her salvation. WHAT IS THE MAZE??!

The maze is a turing test ;p

But yeah, another awesome episode

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Minimum Requirements
10. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Minimum Requirements Oct 31, 2016, 02:14 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 23:41:
My point is you don't need to be the turd in the punchbowl. I mean, I don't care for overwatch or civ, but I don't go into every thread and talk about how I hate it. I understand that other folks might have different interests than me, and I let them enjoy what they like.

What if they like being the turd in the punchbowl...

I would rather talk about these totally fine requirements, a 450 and Phenom II x4 listed, so that means they support Phenom II's right out of the bat, unlike a certain other game *cough* MAFIA 3 *COUGH*

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 31, 2016, 02:09 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 15:55:
nin wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 13:54:
No skyrim presales bump. I guess it really is true everyone owned 5 copies each.

I didn't own any of the DLC. But they offered it all 40% off last week. So I think everyone who wanted the new edition just bought last week.

I ended up not getting the DLC. I'm going to wait for a sale. I have to much unplayed to justify a replay of Skyrim for at least a year anyway. Also I heard a lot of mods are broken.

Once SKSE 64bit support is a thing most mods should work flat out. But 64bit alone would probably make a huge difference, as even with just a few mods you would be hitting the 3GB ram limit.

36. Re: Terror clowns Oct 31, 2016, 01:51 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 20:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 12:14:
But also I have no idea why some people think scaring other people is "fun" ... especially with real weapons, where people might quickly get the totally wrong idea and assume you are a robber or.. worse.
Okay, with real weapons is crazy and dangerous. But just scaring people? That's part of the tradition, isn't it? Whatever. I don't really care, just thought your comment was a bit odd.

Here in the part of Germany I live in there is no Halloween "tradition" so maybe that is why... also I dunno if you even realize this, but Halloween isn't even accepted as a thing where I live. Sure sweets ARE a thing, but scaring others has never been part of it, and decorations etc. are all not a thing here either. Children dress up, sure, but maybe 20% are actual "scary" costumes... the rest just use their Carnival dresses which is the custome thing in Germany that IS accepted, and has absolutely nothing to do with scaring people.

Anyway I was just passing the 8 hour EA server downtime and this topic was as good as any. ^^

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
21. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 01:46 eRe4s3r

jamiedj99 wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 22:12:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-37365835 you guys no there is no longer an embargo on this country its offical lift date was oct 7

Well there can be a lot of bureaucracy involved.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2016, 12:59 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 12:33:
It's trick OR treat. I guess you missed the first part. I have no doubt some jerks are taking it too far or doing inappropriate things. Hi and welcome to Life where that's the norm. Yet, we also know we happen to be - unfortunately - in the middle of another idiotic politically correct resurgence where overreacting is the norm. I know, let's just ban Halloween. Better still, let's ban all entertainment media. May as well ban bright colours while we're at it too. Boy they can sure excite people. Yes, let's just all walk around dressed in grey in a grey world where nothing out of the ordinary ever happens. That sounds awesome doesn't it?

Are you intentionally not reading the news or something?

People dressed as creepy clowns and ATTACKED PEOPLE WITH REAL WEAPONS TO SCARE THEM

That is "inappropriate" to you?

31. Re: Terror clowns Oct 30, 2016, 12:57 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 12:54:
where people might quickly get the totally wrong idea and assume you are a robber or.. worse.
A robber baron, yikes.

Makes me think of Witcher 3 and how I am still conflicted whether that Baron was truly evil or not

10273 Comments. 514 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo