Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10630 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 19, 2017, 22:59 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 17:50:
J wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 14:06:
Four Honor. You're welcome!

I am simply stunned by how incredibly NOT FUN this fucking game is. I hate the fact that I find it so incredibly hard to believe some people somehow like the game. XD

Elaborate? Did they somehow fuck up the combat balance / cheesy/exploitable moves? Mount and Blade is immensely fun, but from videos, this For Honor thing looks a lot slower and lumbering with dedicated combos that are always going to be optimal if you get a stun in etc. (which would make combat always the same).

Anyway, it's Ubisoft, so no surprise it's a good idea with horrible execution. ^^

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 19, 2017, 11:57 eRe4s3r

It baffles me that a tech blog does not have lawsuit insurance, how fucking crazy you gotta be to be boss at Techdirt of all places and not have one. After the whole news with Hogan and assorted? But people apparently don't learn.. sigh.  

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
39. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 19, 2017, 11:45 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 02:10:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 22:16:
Is it April first? Because if not, this reads like a threat and not a promise. MS in gaming was never a good thing, which you can already see from Halo Wars 2, a console RTS, which is inferior to ANY rts on PC, being put on Windows as an Windows 10 exclusive. Ah, there is no saying "FUCK YOU" quite like MS can do it.

Really, can we collectively stop caring so much about the platform? I mean exclusives are divisive enough, can we just focus on MS actually trying to make a PC game? And weather that game will be any good? Do they have any solid studios left that they haven't bankrupted who can pull off a real PC game?

The answer is no, but I watched a Halo Wars 2 "preview" stream and.. that looked laughable. Good CGI, bad performance in DX12, bad gameplay... and that from a MS dev team

Would probably be worth to watch in a let's play though, but only if you skip all the gameplay. I mean broken path-finding, in this day and age? And I nearly got a laughing attack when I saw the prompts when you wanna destroy a building you own. They cover the WHOLE FUCKING SCREEN, blacking everything out.. lmao

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 19, 2017, 00:30 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 19:31:
couple things about this:

1) Robots aren't cheap as it is, although this will certainly change in the future. There's a reason why China employs people to literally attach individual LEDs to circuit boards, as it's cheaper than a robot. That particular example I think exemplifies how ridiculous Chinese labour is, there's 10,000 LEDs on a "wafer" the size of a large postage stamp, and humans have to individually snip them, and solder them for cheaper electronics.

2) Tax would be a good way to help all the people who will eventually be displaced form their jobs due to robotics, if that tax could be insured to actually go to the people being displaced, and not earmarked for porc barrel spending or military projects etc. If we're talking mid/long term, robotics and AI/machine learning will replace most of the world's workforce. So it's not too early to stat thinking about how that would actually work without throwing the planet into chaos.

I think that the endgame is to get nobody working, no dumb ass jobs at least. No one wants to spend 12 hours doing 1 thing on an assembly line, nor do they want to do a bunch of monotonous tax code scanning as an accountant... a machine could do all of that better.

The big problem with universal income is imo that, if you don't implement it globally, it by default necessitates total border closures and a token system (ie, you can't use a universal wage tokens from your nation in another nation, or there'd be at the very least permission zones for tokens). Otherwise you'd create a huge pull factor for immigrants from the deepest shit-holes of the planet into the developed nations. And this would lead, inevitably, to a collapse of the nations. Immigrants in such a system would be literally nothing but a drain on limited resources. Hence why I think it is not helpful when people say universal income, you would never, ever, get actual money in such a system, but rather digital currency tied to your nation or an economic alliance of nations. And that token income would be tied to you personally, you couldn't ever "gift" tokens.

So the end-game is a total collapse of capitalism when we are realistic. Capitalism in itself was already flawed deeply when it first occurred, and with robotic workforces you remove the final reason of existence for capitalism. I think this is the real reason it's either gonna be anarchy and world war 3, or massive cataclysmic changes in how nations and "economies" are functioning. It's gonna have to refocus on cultural and social efforts but with enough of an incentive there to maybe still do research and development, to do maintenance on robots.. etc.

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
32. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 18, 2017, 22:16 eRe4s3r

Is it April first? Because if not, this reads like a threat and not a promise. MS in gaming was never a good thing, which you can already see from Halo Wars 2, a console RTS, which is inferior to ANY rts on PC, being put on Windows as an Windows 10 exclusive. Ah, there is no saying "FUCK YOU" quite like MS can do it.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 18, 2017, 22:07 eRe4s3r

That doll story is hilarious, the maker actually fell foul of an decades old anti-espionage law, and has shipped an actual absolutely ILLEGAL device, mere possession of which is an actual crime with penalty of 25000

Hahah

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 18, 2017, 08:43 eRe4s3r

NetHead wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 08:29:
Youtube has ads?

Was gonna ask the same (sarcastic) question, but ever since I have a tablet to access it I know better... even if you got adblock on the tablet, youtube ads go through the actual youtube app, and you can't block em. And nothing like listening to some DJ stream live and get a 30s no-skip car advertisement. EVERY 10 MINUTES. (Yes, really ;/)

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Early Access
8. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Early Access Feb 18, 2017, 08:27 eRe4s3r

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 04:11:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 21:54:
I actually don't think this setting is suited to a FPS at all. Too much shooting, not enough plot and lore. And sticking to the 40k lore is what makes you buy these games, no?

Dude do you even Warhammer40K??? GTAV 40k, Skyrim 40k, Mass Effect 40k?? And you're complaining I want a L4D clone.

In the future there is only WAR. Shooting is what WH40k is all about. Deathwing was on the right track, but they dropped the ball and released the game way too early. I wouldn't mind a WH40k RPG, but there is no way that anyone can do it justice. Mass Effect 40K, lol...

Shooting is what space marines and imperial guards are about and that not even most of the time, the actual empire population is mostly not at war, no xenos would even get into the core worlds, but rather slowly corrupting from within (hence inquisitors doing ACTUAL inquisition jobs, like detectives, and not running around slaughtering entire tomb worlds), and there are paradise worlds, entire untouched ancient colonies cut off from the empire, Eldar splinter groups on planets that trade with human colonies, fringe worlds where the empire isn't even relevant anymore, there are sub-factions within the TAU that never seen combat in their life etc.

So the real question would be do you really want Warhammer 40k, or do you just want shooty stab parts of WH40k. There is a lot more going on in WH40k than war against xenos. Empire of Man has a hugely decadent political and clerical class, and that entails literally everything you can imagine.

So yeah, Deathwing sold a meager 130k copies, it was a total flop. And that is really sad considering out of all WH40k games released the past few years this one was by far the best. But it was also a shallow game, with nothing special aside from lore correct vessels.

Btw, I think cloning GTA5 style of gameplay that lets you play as Tau or Inquisitor would work just fine, same for Skyrim or Mass Effect style clones

And why you ask these games? Because UNLIKE anything WH40k ever made, these actually sold a shit ton of copies. And that is pretty important if you don't want this IP to slowly die.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
8. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 01:31 eRe4s3r

Drayth wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 00:22:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 23:24:
WHEN WILL THE REMOVE THE FUCKING SMILE OFF FEM-SHEP'S FACE? It's like she went to the Joan River Botox treatment center.

"Do you want to know how I got these scars?"

Lol, yeah that was my first thought as well, what is with that smile? I mean these are professional trained explorers, they are not some farm girls first exploration of space. (nevermind, been playing Stardew)

Aside that it's a must-buy for me, new Mass Effect universe, better combat, and a properly driving rover. Even if everything else sucks, just driving around in the Frostbite engine on a sci-fi planet would make me happy And jump-jets.. but that is a given with Frostbite. I wonder if we can also do terrain damage?

Also jump-jet + charge attack is a win, yeah And instantly back to jump-jet, finally fixes the problem that you could kill yourself easily if you rushed an enemy and overlooked the 5 guys ducking in cover on Insanity dif (me2..)

6. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Early Access Feb 17, 2017, 21:54 eRe4s3r

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 08:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 06:30:
Pay Creative Assembly or Bioware to make a WH40k game each, 1 RTS, 1 RPG to rule them all.

To each his own, but please no Bioware as a wishlist developer. WH40K is better suited to a FPS anyway, and the RPGs that Bioware makes are hardly even deserving of the title anymore.

If I had my way I would give a WHK40k license to the guys who made Vermintide. Include some PvP in addition to PvE and you have an instawin.

Your solution to the IP stagnation is to make ANOTHER L4D clone? Vermintide is pretty good, but it only covers 1 thing of Warhammer (Skaven) and that with questionable lore truthiness and with no chaos influence whatsoever.

That 1 3rd person RPG we had showed the potential (but it failed at so many other things) and what this IP needs is either GTAV 40k, Skyrim 40k or Mass Effect 40k. And obviously that means the game formula to some extend, adaptions would have to be made. And you could do so much with this IP, place it in 31K, have us play Eldar or TAU (but then obviously not 31K)

I actually don't think this setting is suited to a FPS at all. Too much shooting, not enough plot and lore. And sticking to the 40k lore is what makes you buy these games, no?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 17, 2017, 21:44 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 08:19:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 06:34:
I think it's pretty interesting movie studios still go against R rated movies after Deadpool, even though 90% of the population is older than 12.. and wants to watch stuff that is made for people with an IQ higher than 20

I like how your example of R rated movies is Deadpool, and yet you claim R rated movies are for people with IQs higher than 20. Deadpool was probably the superhero movie aimed at the lowest IQ. Which doesn't make it bad, just kind of proof that R rated movies aren't more intellectual (at all), and that being intellectual doesn't correlate with success in cinema.

Fair enough, but Deadpool is the only hugely successful recent R+ movie I remembered, how about Alien or Matrix then? And if you seen family movies you know why I bash them for their intellectual level, it's one thing to be over the top offensive like Deadpool, it is another one to intentionally be stupid which my recent seeing of Moana reminded me of. I get it, it's a children movie, and sure enough my nieces were loving it, but while I could gain something from the jokes at least I found that movie to be incredibly shallow. Also as my nieces both want to go cinema only with me, and not with their parents (I wonder what kind of family model I am supporting there...) I get to see a lot of "family" movies +.+

Also it does not help that I am good at spotting plot contradictions in such movies (happened to me in Frozen and that nearly ruined the movie for me, specifically in the ice castle battle scene where 1 character acts completely against the motivation he is supposed to have).

Anyhow.. I didn't mean much with my IQ mention, I just want WAY MORE R+ movies in genuinely unique science fiction settings, and you can't say Bioshock wouldn't have been unique

News Comments > GeForce Hotfix Drivers
1. Re: GeForce Hotfix Drivers Feb 17, 2017, 21:23 eRe4s3r

Expected a lot more hotfixes -> https://googleprojectzero.blogspot.de/ ^^

Also I think it's really shit that nvidia driver notes do not ever mention security updates, but this driver fixed 2 extremely easy exploitable holes, and the last 5 drivers fixed among them 16 ! exploits (not remote though, but if you catch malware then GPU driver would be its way into your system around all protections)

So not updating gpu driver is no longer an option. You gotta be at the very least on this version here which fixes the final 2 found "bugs"

And remember, that was just a cursory glance at nvidia drivers by googles project zero. If someone did real inspection nightmares would no doubt rise.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 17, 2017, 06:34 eRe4s3r

I think it's pretty interesting movie studios still go against R rated movies after Deadpool, even though 90% of the population is older than 12.. and wants to watch stuff that is made for people with an IQ higher than 20  

3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Early Access Feb 17, 2017, 06:30 eRe4s3r

RaZ0r! wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 22:57:
I used to get excited about 40K games. Now I know better.

At least we have good Warhammer games, which is absurd, you'd think the more unique and popular IP would produce better games. But guess not. Solution: Pay Creative Assembly or Bioware to make a WH40k game each, 1 RTS, 1 RPG to rule them all. And make the RPG a fucking Mass Effect clone and you'd have a winner by default, as long as you pay some decent writers.

And that right there is the problem. WH40k has no good writers, the IP itself has already dead-ended itself with end-times which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It's like whoever runs this IP is braindead... but whatever...

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 15, 2017, 20:43 eRe4s3r

US wants to force you to give your passwords and internet history up to gain a visa now. So if you ever clicked on a wikileaks link you are right out, if you ever called trump a "orange trumpet" you are out. If you ever laughed at this tiny baby hands, you are out. Also I dunno if the US even knows this, but in Germany internet history is "only" saved 10 weeks (and even that is constantly fought), so this would stop ZERO terrorists who know about it.

I mean, every nation can do whatever the hell it wants. But at some point you stop being an actual nation anyone will ever want to visit. Not that anyone would want it with a orange hamster in charge.

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
34. Cheater Trial Feb 15, 2017, 18:21 eRe4s3r

This will be 7 days where you really don't wanna play any Origin MP game....  

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Feb 14, 2017, 16:52 eRe4s3r

Dev wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 09:33:
Dude obviously doesn't read Valve's interviews or even press releases... where they describe how they went away from using humans in this process BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT TO DO THE GRUNT WORK.

Valve KNOWS that that would fix it, they did it that way before greenlight. They just choose not to, because no one wants to wheel there desks over. It becomes playing games for a job then, not for fun.
You know all the crazy hats in TF2? That makes the game fun for the devs. So they do it.

This guy is also in denial about the flat management structure, he specifically references it in the story.

Nearly every crazy thing about valve can be explained by these factors, and it all becomes quite logical.

There is nothing logical about anything at Valve. They don't run a billion $ company there, they run a daycare for children. And seriously, that is exactly how daycare is run nowadays, let the children decide what they wanna do, no pressure, no assignments, bit of oversight and little adult guidance.

For me, this sounds downright insane >BUT< it really does explain everything.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access
23. Re: Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access Feb 13, 2017, 22:55 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 21:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 20:46:
Darks wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 10:36:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 10:32:
a $1000 dollar copy? Seriously who will back on that level

You would be surprised how many do that do. Must be nice to have money like that to just trow around.

Here's a lets play of the games action. looks pretty good so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdVtEZAi3Wg

Good? that looks horrific.. reminded me of Restricted Area (2004) and that is not a compliment. And the let's play seems like super early stuff, no level up system, no loot system.. wtf?

Oh, you mean like how every other Top Down shooter looks and plays? Yea, OK!

Huh, seems the PR is calling it an ARPG, and if this wants to be an ARPG then it looks bad to me. If it wants to be a dumbed down shooter with 4 classes, 4 whopping skills per weapon and 2 whole weapons per class then it achieved that I guess, but it still looks like shit, enemies behave dumbly, there is no real power or fight management going, no scarce resources or tactical decision making. And while it looks graphically nice, it doesn't look like much more than a.. well, yeah, top down shooter.

Is this supposed to be a top down shooter and nothing more than that?

You know, ARPG -> Diablo, Path of Exile, Sacred, Hellgate London.. stuff like that? There is absolutely no RPG in this game (in the video you linked), and that is what confuses me greatly. It also cries to the heavens because it's another developer wasting the greatest sci-fi universe we have with mediocrity.

But hopefully this will still change... they say it is "very early" whatever that means. But if you sell it, it is imo valid to rate it "AS-IS" ^^

News Comments > New AMD ReLive Drivers
4. Re: New AMD ReLive Drivers Feb 13, 2017, 22:43 eRe4s3r

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 21:41:
I am still on 16.9.2 because all these new relive drivers are trash for performance on x4xx or fury x in dx10/11

some proof: http://www.overclock.net/t/1619216/did-the-new-amd-drivers-screw-up-anyones-gaming-performance/0_40

Yes these 17.2.1 are not mentioned yet so there is some hope but at this point I simply don't trust AMD to get drivers until I read some feedback/reviews.

Wow, that's some amazingly bad feedback you linked there... sounds like a power management bug.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access
21. Re: Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access Feb 13, 2017, 20:46 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 10:36:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 10:32:
a $1000 dollar copy? Seriously who will back on that level

You would be surprised how many do that do. Must be nice to have money like that to just trow around.

Here's a lets play of the games action. looks pretty good so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdVtEZAi3Wg

Good? that looks horrific.. reminded me of Restricted Area (2004) and that is not a compliment. And the let's play seems like super early stuff, no level up system, no loot system.. wtf?

10630 Comments. 532 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo