Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12639 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Construction Simulator 2 US - Pocket Edition for Windows
2. Re: Construction Simulator 2 US - Pocket Edition for Windows Sep 13, 2018, 19:41 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Sep 13, 2018, 12:21:
I'm one of those weird people who doesn't mind direct ports from mobile. There are some good mobile games where I've said to myself "this is a good game but I hate trying to control it with a touch screen". The problem comes in when no effort is made to adapt the controls to a mouse and keyboard when it's ported to PC. That's just lazy.

When you see Astragon and port in 1 news item you shall run far for the hills, or face doom.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free
18. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 13, 2018, 19:38 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 16:10:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 15:52:
SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 13:27:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 13:01:

I have no issues finding games, I use server browser tho

That's interesting.
I'll check the filters, maybe I have something turned on and that's why I don't get any servers.

Use Battlelog + Better Battlelog plugin, to filter out the broken player numbers, otherwise you won't find any servers as they all appear full (even though they aren't)
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.
In my case I didn't see any full servers, I didn't see any servers at all.
I'm thinking it may have been a filter turned on or something.
At the time I just thought the MP part of the game was dead

Yeah because Dice broke the player display, servers appear full when they aren't, and full servers are filtered out. It's a huge problem that they introduced with their god awful server browser patch. You can not use the in-game server browser at all, not if you want to stay sane.

And the game is pretty dang alive, just has a pretty high skill ceiling (obviously)

News Comments > Vox Machinae Early Access Nears
4. Re: Vox Machinae Early Access Nears Sep 13, 2018, 19:36 eRe4s3r

I am pissed off solely because Vox Machina is already a thing, a great thing, the BEST THING.

And as a German, Vox Machin doesn't make me happy either ;p

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. New Gmail Design and removal of Inbox Sep 12, 2018, 21:15 eRe4s3r

Fucking sucks, there is just no sugar coating this, everything looks the same, readability is much worse, "mark as read" dosen't adhere to the fucking labels (instead it marks ALL as read all) etc.

And on my tablet they removed the weather/time/gmail/calendar combo app combo so that I now need 3 fucking widgets instead of 1. SO YEAHAAAAW.. google messing with GUI starts to become a bit of a nightmare.

News Comments > Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors
12. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 16:03 eRe4s3r

aka_STEVE wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 14:08:
so does this mean they have decided to RE-focus their refocus on PC gaming ...??

Seriously, I can't keep it straight anymore of how many times they'e announced their re-dedication to PC's and we've seen nothing interesting.

To be fair, the statement is overly specific (Windows 10). Meaning their OS store for games has flopped so epically that they don't plan on using it anymore. Maybe it'll still come to Origin or Steam, who knows. But yeah, pretty clear MS is not gonna fully support the W10 app store anymore.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 15:52 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 13:27:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 13:01:

I have no issues finding games, I use server browser tho

That's interesting.
I'll check the filters, maybe I have something turned on and that's why I don't get any servers.

Use Battlelog + Better Battlelog plugin, to filter out the broken player numbers, otherwise you won't find any servers as they all appear full (even though they aren't)

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2018, 05:50 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 19:32:
EA has to let this go to court, it's a major source of income.

So I should cheer for the Belgian court then? Got it.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass
2. Re: Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass Sep 11, 2018, 19:55 eRe4s3r

Anyone else had a laugh when EA sent the Beta email survey? 95% of it was about the fucking story and reward/loot systems. Which aren't even 1% of this games problems.. lmao  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 9, 2018, 14:21 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 13:59:
Maddie, You ripped my heart out you cold hearted bitch!

It's got MAD and DIE already in the name.. and the name is game. (Make lots of friends, especially all Maddies, when you pronounce it shoutingly "MAD! DIE!")

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
26. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 9, 2018, 14:08 eRe4s3r

Orogogus wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 14:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 12:10:
Beamer wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 08:35:
I just don't get these arguments. Businesses and services have rules/terms of service. When you violate them, you are penalized. When you continue violating them, you are banned.

Bluesnews has terms of service. Blue has banned people before. Is that wrong? Infowars has Terms of Service. Those terms state very clearly that:

You will not post anything libelous, defamatory, harmful, threatening, harassing, abusive, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, or otherwise illegal.
You will not make threats to other users or people not associated with the site.
If you violate these rules, your posts and/or user name will be deleted.
Remember: you are a guest here. It is not censorship if you violate the rules and your post is deleted. All civilizations have rules and if you violate them you can expect to be ostracized from the tribe.

I don't get why everyone here thinks Twitter and Apple can't enforce their terms of service, yet other people can. Alex Jones was on his TV show Friday screaming that the violent revolution would start on 10/6 and people needed to prepare themselves. Is that not grounds for being kicked the hell off of these platforms, even if endlessly harassing Sandy Hook parents isn't? Or riling up people so much against a random pizza joint that a guy shows up with a gun?

In Germany, court ruled just 2 days ago that TOS limiting freedom of speech is null and void, just FYI. You as facebook can not willy nilly remove opinions you don't like if it violates freedom of speech, which ranks higher than the house right you might have.

So yeah, house rules don't matter if they inhibit basic law.

I feel like there's context you're not presenting, because pretty much every message board has rules, and would therefore be illegal as you've presented it. Stay on topic? Illegal. No trolling or flamebait? Illegal. Don't insult other posters? Illegal. Don't argue with the moderators? Nope.

It seems to me that if freedom of speech were as sacrosanct as suggested here, then the EU's prized privacy laws wouldn't exist.

It's because the context is more complex and I may have shorthanded it ,p

Facebook deleted something that did not violate it's "rules" but was reported by other people
Person whose post got deleted sued
Person made a court find that the deletion was illegal and violated her freedom of speech and the ban violated the law

Facebook declared that the ban was according to it's TOS, the court ruled that it was NOT because parts of the TOS violated the law.

So if you ban people you need to make sure the reason is really the rules you declared and that your reasons are covered not just by house right. Banning people without a reason that matches up in court (especially if your are facebook) is a no-no. The court also declared part of the Facebook TOS invalid (That it can delete whatever for whatever reason)

You can check but it's obviously the German report

24. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 9, 2018, 13:47 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 12:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 12:10:
I just don't get these arguments. Businesses and services have rules/terms of service. When you violate them, you are penalized. When you continue violating them, you are banned.

Bluesnews has terms of service. Blue has banned people before. Is that wrong? Infowars has Terms of Service. Those terms state very clearly that:

You will not post anything libelous, defamatory, harmful, threatening, harassing, abusive, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, or otherwise illegal.
You will not make threats to other users or people not associated with the site.
Remember: you are a guest here. It is not censorship if you violate the rules and your post is deleted. All civilizations have rules and if you violate them you can expect to be ostracized from the tribe.

I don't get why everyone here thinks Twitter and Apple can't enforce their terms of service, yet other people can. Alex Jones was on his TV show Friday screaming that the violent revolution would start on 10/6 and people needed to prepare themselves. Is that not grounds for being kicked the hell off of these platforms, even if endlessly harassing Sandy Hook parents isn't? Or riling up people so much against a random pizza joint that a guy shows up with a gun?

In Germany, court ruled just 2 days ago that TOS limiting freedom of speech is null and void, just FYI. You as facebook can not willy nilly remove opinions you don't like if it violates freedom of speech, which ranks higher than the house right you might have.

Says the country that has Volksverhetzung laws.

Which is part of the basic law (Grundgesetz) and was written by.. THE USA Volksverhetzung is and remains illegal because basic law #1 is violated by it. Alex Jones could relatively easy be put behind bars here.

In many ways the USA was better at doing things post WW2 in Germany than in the actual USA when it comes to law. And the basic law can always limit your freedom of speech. A TOS however can not.

21. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 9, 2018, 12:10 eRe4s3r

News Comments > The End of Democracy?
5. Re: The End of Democracy? Sep 8, 2018, 20:21 eRe4s3r

Rilcon wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 19:22:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/591370/Production_Line__Car_factory_simulation/

And he's still working on it as of last month,
https://www.positech.co.uk/cliffsblog/2018/08/21/maintenance-breakdowns-in-production-line/

Let's hope it's out of EA before Satisfactory releases

News Comments > The End of Democracy?
3. Re: The End of Democracy? Sep 8, 2018, 17:11 eRe4s3r

Whatever happened with his "car builder wants to be like factorio" game?  

News Comments > Battlefield V Beta Opens
38. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 8, 2018, 15:37 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 12:21:
Slightly off topic, but I had to install new drivers, 399.07 or something, for the BFV beta, and it made my GTX1070 stutter a fair amount. Rolled back one release(398.82), every other game runs fine, although of course I can't use the demo even if I still had it installed.

Anybody else get stuttering issues with that driver, 399.07? Windows 8.1 64bit.

Odds are they will release another driver after BFV release, but 399.07 broke several games for me. *Shakes fist at the sky*

none that I have noticed, on w10 with 1070 and obviously the same driver since it was forced*

What games did it break?

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 8, 2018, 15:35 eRe4s3r

BF5 - Snowflake edition ;p  

36. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 8, 2018, 10:01 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 02:42:
Slick wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 01:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 15:49:
Slick wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 13:52:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 08:49:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 08:18:
Slick wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 06:19:
You're joking right? "Its hard to know who to shoot at cause of the skins"??
It's happened to me once or twice.
It's happened to everyone and anyone who says they haven't done it or it hasn't happened to them just doesn't realize it.
Being color blind makes it even worse. Friendly fire isn't

Maybe I'm just special?

Literally never happened to me once that I can think of in an FPS game. The reaction and decision to fire happens much faster than if I ever bothered to see what I'm shooting at. Infact, I'd be hard pressed to tell you what class I just killed in almost any instance, unless I'm seeing their profile and see the silouette of their gun clearly. But yeah, I'm mostly seeing outlines.

*scared child's voice* I see hitboxes.

Except the outlines are identical for all... you shoot on markers, not on enemy outlines Something they said wasn't going to be a thing, except it is yet again because if everyone has a marker who is friendly then all enemies also have a marker...

I mean i only see the outline of a human form as a target, i don't process any colour or design detail before i'm shooting or not. after i kill them i have a chance to see what they look like. maybe "outline" isn't the right word, but i think you know what i mean. It all happens way too fast, nobody is trying to look for a nazi uniform or not to see if they're going to shoot, the UI very clearly shows who's an ally, and you can infer then who isn't. it's pretty simple.

That's why the persistent patch resistant "red tag" bug was so bad in the BF2 days.

Exactly, and of course I know what Slick means, but the way BF5 implemented this means playing without TAGS is impossible, there is no way to tell at even a moderate distance whether an OUTLINE is ally or enemy. Believe me, I tried. half of my play-time was doing this, running around with a G3 with first scope upgrade as assault to see if I could tell people apart after setting tag opacity down. I couldn't.

This of course means the whole thing about customization is just absurd, nothing you do to your character is gonna be really visible in battle or to the enemy, because you are busy shooting at movement since you'd have a hard time seeing ANYTHING that doesn't move. BF5 is in some way a campers dream. I honestly hadn't expected that the customization would play that little of a role, but it's really simple. Engagement distances are often very far, you can't see anything, often not even the general color of the enemy uniform. You can't tell what weapon anyone has either, assault and sniper weapons sound identical to a single shot MG attack, which is pretty bad but whatever.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 7, 2018, 22:59 eRe4s3r

The fact that FIFA and NBA and NHL games have this up the whazoo makes the entire point of the article null and void.  

30. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 7, 2018, 15:49 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 13:52:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 08:49:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 08:18:
Slick wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 06:19:
You're joking right? "Its hard to know who to shoot at cause of the skins"??
It's happened to me once or twice.
It's happened to everyone and anyone who says they haven't done it or it hasn't happened to them just doesn't realize it.
Being color blind makes it even worse. Friendly fire isn't

Maybe I'm just special?

Literally never happened to me once that I can think of in an FPS game. The reaction and decision to fire happens much faster than if I ever bothered to see what I'm shooting at. Infact, I'd be hard pressed to tell you what class I just killed in almost any instance, unless I'm seeing their profile and see the silouette of their gun clearly. But yeah, I'm mostly seeing outlines.

*scared child's voice* I see hitboxes.

Except the outlines are identical for all... you shoot on markers, not on enemy outlines Something they said wasn't going to be a thing, except it is yet again because if everyone has a marker who is friendly then all enemies also have a marker...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2018, 15:46 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 15:45:
There's like, no difference in those before and after shots.

Sure there is, the left looks natural and the right like a freak of nature. (Bicycle legs we call them)

12639 Comments. 632 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo