Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10293 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2016, 16:16 eRe4s3r

I can't even start the original game (on W7 x64) .. so yeah

Also, in case you were not aware

the mod requires both official expansion packs - Desert Siege and Island Thunder

Which you probably only have if you have the GoG version (I don't) I have the original CD version

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2016, 16:22.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized
13. Re: Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized Nov 16, 2016, 16:06 eRe4s3r

no admin priv on a rented server.. wow, that is EA for ye  

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Nov 16, 2016, 03:57 eRe4s3r

MT Silver wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 02:52:
I thought it was absolutely awful and this video doesn't even come close to all the problems the movie has. What a huge piece of steaming dogshit. I'll never be excited for another Duncan Jones movie ever again.

He wasn't the one who wrote the majority of the script though, the movie was a shitshow even before he took over, which wasn't in-time to fix the direction of this titanic fail.

Really makes me wonder what kind of weird taste people have to like this, it was fantasy, but it was a factual badly made movie, the CGI vs human scenes stick out like a badly drawn cartoon, gomorra looks like a pathetic green imp, and there isn't a character arc to be found. Every character is 2 dimensional, which makes sense, the source material is from a 2D rts...

Either way, there are better youtube channels devoted to picking apart movies... and this one deserves not to be called good. But Chinese don't have the movie selection and history we have so yeah... Maybe a sequel will fix it, but not if Duncan Jones directs it. It's pretty clear that "Moon" was an 1 in a million hit. He can't direct character interactions worth a damn, which is funny, because Moon does only have 1 character....

The thing that bothers me is that every single person that says they liked this never actually says why. Which makes me think they just want to be contrarian OR they have seen much worse movies (in which case that is a good point, because I don't bother to watch the REALLY bad movies ,p)

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2016, 04:13.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Nov 16, 2016, 00:31 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 22:53:
I don't understand how they had such great source material to work with and used almost every opportunity to change key parts of the story. Makes me glad they likely won't be touching the story of the Lich King.

Now we have a janky movie story and a fucked up alternate universe story in the game.

The answer is the director. You give someone source material he doesn't have a clue about, you get this movie as result. Also I feel like not even Blizzard has a clue anymore, since the original creators of Warcraft 2 long since stopped working at that company.

But really, the deadliest sin of them all is putting the MAYBE only movie version of Warcraft in.. the Warcraft 2 lore range, the most boring story ever told, orks suck life out of their world, orks invade, orks get cut-off and battle a bit and lose and later alliance ensues, except they didn't even get to the alliance part.... since they wasted 30 minutes on pointless exposition.

Oh well, maybe we get a proper Warcraft movie, when they get to the 2nd one.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & Warning
2. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Warning Nov 15, 2016, 21:53 eRe4s3r

MacLeod wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 21:08:
And still no fix for the Battlefield issue apparently. *thumbs up NVidia*

indeed.. but you can roll back to whatever BF1 requires as driver when you disable the check via setting override... found the driver before BF1 actually runs the damn game better than the current up-to-date one.. and no more driver crashes!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2016, 14:28 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 14:18:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 13:29:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 01:29:
swedishfriend wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 23:30:
The noise from the tires is already much louder than the engine noise in many modern gasoline cars. When I am out walking I often hear the tire noise without ever hearing the engine of cars that are close.

Quality tires don't have that problem.

ALL tires make noise above a certain speed (25mph) and above 30mph you have wind noise.

This law is for speeds below that range where tires make (no) noise ^^

I wasn't suggesting there is NO sound. I was saying, the cheapies are the ones that make loud brown noise when a car is cruising by at neighborhood speeds. Higher end tires are typically much quieter.

My point was that there is no perceivable sound, especially in winter (where tires are harder) and when it is windy, I experience 2 hybrid cars in my street nearly daily, you can't hear them, flat out. Ok, the speed limit here is 30km/h , at that speed all I hear is a faint "shhhhh" sound from the tires when the car is passing me, that is. Not before, and not after.

Also tire noise really depends on the road surface too.... anyway, point is this law is about some very real problem with e-cars. They are ninjas and that isn't meant jokingly.

9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2016, 13:29 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 01:29:
swedishfriend wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 23:30:
The noise from the tires is already much louder than the engine noise in many modern gasoline cars. When I am out walking I often hear the tire noise without ever hearing the engine of cars that are close.

Quality tires don't have that problem.

ALL tires make noise above a certain speed (25mph) and above 30mph you have wind noise.

This law is for speeds below that range where tires make (no) noise ^^

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2016, 14:00.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Fall Update
11. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 13:27 eRe4s3r

That Suez fix is good but it really does not fix that the armored train is unkillable if the driver knows what he is doing.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2016, 23:47 eRe4s3r

Squirmer wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 16:32:
Uh a quick Google suggests there are about 5 billion 'shares' on Facebook every single day. If 1% is fake, that's like 50 million shares of fake content every day.

Exactly, 1% is a mindblowingly huge number when you have a few hundred billion shares over a year

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 14, 2016, 23:23 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 21:35:
Why not just include a sensor that turns the noise on or honks or what have you when it detects a pedestrian on the road? I think one of the big draws of electricars is their silence. They're the ninjas of cars.

Shhh

Yeah I don't think having them "make a noise" 100% of the time is the point of such a car.. in fact I can already see the problems, resonating sounds from electric cars driving people mad at night.. no thanks.

And honking at night in a city, would be a quick way to get angry neighbors throwing shit at you. Or bricks...

News Comments > Does Watch Dogs 2 Include a Sneaky Game Reveal?
7. Re: Does Watch Dogs 2 Include a Sneaky Game Reveal? Nov 14, 2016, 13:32 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 12:19:

Unsurprisingly Polygon found the presence of guns and the ability to do bad things incredibly 'problematic' and 'gross'.

Which for any other game would be laughable, but read up on the basic story premise and you'll understand why it's not just problematic, but completely insane in the context of the story.

Crime AI flags someone with 86% probability to be the next jerkface 2.0
jerkface 2.0 fights this because he feels it's not right
jerkface 2.0 becomes a murdering terrorist to prove he is not a murdering terrorist???
Crime AI correctly flagged jerkface 2.0

Which makes for an extremely questionable "moral of the story" if you were being flippant, you could even construct that Ubisoft promotes terrorism, well, depending on how the story ends.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 14, 2016, 13:20 eRe4s3r

NetHead wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 11:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 20:30:
bingus wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 19:39:
It feels a bit more streamlined than PoE. Almost dumbed down.

I don't mind it, but its no Baldurs.

Nothing is... (I finished it and I am on my 2nd run right now, so mild spoilers follow)

That's quite damning and unfortunate.

I haven't tried it, though from what I'm hearing it's both short and now seems to lack depth. All while having a pretty hefty pricetag.

Obsidian seems to be pricing their things right up there without the quantity or quality that other things at those prices offer.

That is a bit of a harsh interpretation.. the game is totally worth the price, imo. The story branching is incredible, and so is the conquest "start, and both are well written, but we are not just gamers we are also "RPG gamers" and when compared to PoE you can tell what a skilled (world) writer like Avellone actually *DOES* for a game. It is all a question of where the priority lies for you. Combat is competent and fixes a few of the horrid issues of PoE, magic system is (unlike some other reviewers said) extremely smart, and there is a clear power curve and at least me personally.. I never lacked new sigils. I researched new ones by the boat load since most crafted relics are inferior to the stuff you find And magic is extremely impactful once you get the "added" effects sigils, stunning 3 guys for 12 seconds is a massive power shift in the battle for example. And magic quickly becomes vastly better than combo abilities (though.. a few abilities are EXTREMELY powerful...)

But yeah, I would say Obsidian is currently lacking a writer on the same quality level as Avellone + the money to push to the last polish stage and that is really all there is to say. It is a perfectly fun RPG and in some ways better than PoE

And don't get me wrong, the characters are extremely interesting. It is the nitty gritty and "character growth" part that is lacking. In some way a clear indicator that this had a low budget production sadly. It's also got the typical obsidian problem, that is, no romances. Although as the game isn't very clear on the ages of anyone maybe that is for the better....

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
12. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 14, 2016, 01:02 eRe4s3r

ledhead1969 wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 19:42:
"hiding the truth is complicated."

*fixed

No such thing as truth, only varying filter bubbles...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 13, 2016, 20:30 eRe4s3r

bingus wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 19:39:
It feels a bit more streamlined than PoE. Almost dumbed down.

I don't mind it, but its no Baldurs.

Nothing is... (I finished it and I am on my 2nd run right now, so mild spoilers follow)

But the fact that characters don't have more interjections in dialog is really bad, and no own quests, no resolutions to any personal thing, was a bit stumped that even at the end, you could never resolve ANYTHING regarding your companions. There is also no character development in your companions which I find really weird. Try playing evil in BG2 and see how your companions take it over time. (The opposite here, try playing good, and wonder why anyone disagreeing even travels with you) and the end is REALLY abrupt...

But yeah, the writing quality I have to say is miles and leaps below Baldurs Gate 2 and even Pillars of Eternity, and seriously, it doesn't even live in the same galaxy as Torment.

One of the weirdest things in the entire game is how unfinished the companions feel. Sirin especially is a friggin Archon, she commands huge respect, and yet nobody ever even notices her.. that is, just flat out bad writing, And I feel like without Chris Avellone Obsidian is just 50% less able to do competent companions

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Patch Plans
25. Re: Dishonored 2 Patch Plans Nov 13, 2016, 12:04 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 04:28:
Phasenoise wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 19:27:
I think people are really going out of their way to be annoyed.

It's a really great game. Dial down the settings a notch and enjoy the crap out of it.

I saw on a couple Twitch streams yesterday some really bad framerate issues. Shouldn't be happening on a AAA cross-platform launch title in 2016. Total Biscuit stated there was definitely performance problems with it.

And TB has one of the flat out best optimized rigs in the youtube scene... if he has performance issues, then the game is broken.. amazing that Bethesda still manages to do this kind of bad release nowadays.

21. Re: Dishonored 2 Patch Plans Nov 12, 2016, 16:49 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 10:10:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 01:53:
Overon wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 17:24:
How bad is the release state?

53% on steam on day 2 of release.. usually says everything
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/11/11/dishonored-2-issues/
I would not strictly go by downvoting. Too many products on Amazon/Newegg get downvoted because of shipping delays etc. that have absolutely nothing to do with the actual product.
I would put more trust into actual user reviews here on bluesnews.

Well, or you watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjNEL7SGKmA

;p

Sounds like an unfinished game, and this 100% explains their change to the review system... if reviewers had gotten this 2 weeks before release it'd have been a massacre.

I mean sound layering issues in a stealth game? Might as well call it what it is, unfinished.

News Comments > Battleborn "Day" Underway
6. Re: Battleborn Nov 12, 2016, 02:08 eRe4s3r

New players, in Battleborn?

Where would they come from after googling the game?

16. Re: Dishonored 2 Patch Plans Nov 12, 2016, 01:53 eRe4s3r

Overon wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 17:24:
How bad is the release state?

53% on steam on day 2 of release.. usually says everything

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 10, 2016, 20:55 eRe4s3r

That 35 inch screen must be a joke... 1080p on that aspect at that size? Enjoy the pixels.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Launch Trailer
14. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Launch Trailer Nov 10, 2016, 10:14 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 08:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 22:03:
"After being wrongly profiled as a criminal risk by a citywide operating system, Marcus Holloway..."

...decides to be a terrorist!

So the system correctly profiled him ^^

So basically the game is telling us to support terrorism and disable a system that 100% correctly ID'd a future terrorist?

Or did it MAKE him into a terrorist by incorrectly labeling him as one?

That is an interesting question because what if the prediction took this into account when labeling him.......? Hen and egg problem with prediction algo is certainly fancy, but I doubt the game is even aware of this.

And would you want to play a terrorist who was correctly labeled, or rather someone who was incorrectly labeled and really is not a terrorist no matter what?

This was already a problem with Watchdogs 1, where I absolutely detested the main character and his motivations... doesn't seem like WD2 will be different in this regard.

Mind you, this is meta discussion.. the gameplay itself might still be fun

10293 Comments. 515 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo