Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10050 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 20, 2016, 20:29 eRe4s3r

Heh I sleep with extremely diffused red LED (lamp) room light, I find that incredibly useful as I have blinds that really block out the light (I have a street lantern shining its pointless illumination right up my sleeping room windows which makes night otherwise bright as day). Red light is also good for the eyes and prevents problems when you are otherwise staring at a screen funnily enough. No tired eyes..  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 20, 2016, 16:15 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 14:25:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 13:05:
Just you wait, soon companies will realize a front facing blue nuclear-bright LED is maybe not the smartest choice as well!

They've been the main choice for almost two decades, so I'm not holding my breath.

To this day I will never understand why that is though. There are no legit usability reasons. And well, if you suffered from a device that had them and you had a bit of rough uh, sand paper laying around, you would instantly notice that a slight roughened spot on the very top of that plastic cap makes the ugly glare go away. Are engineers just not smart enough to know this? All that would be needed is different enclosures for the LED's. I have bought a bunch of slightly opaque/diffuse ones for my G11 led retrofit and that makes such a huge difference to how you perceive LED light you wouldn't believe it.

News Comments > Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month
4. Re: Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month Aug 20, 2016, 16:05 eRe4s3r

RaZ0r! wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 15:12:
I'm a founder. It's crap.

So this is not the WH40k game to wow us all?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2016, 13:30 eRe4s3r

FiberFix is.. extremely well made advertising I must say ^^  

1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 20, 2016, 13:05 eRe4s3r

Just you wait, soon companies will realize a front facing blue nuclear-bright LED is maybe not the smartest choice as well!  

News Comments > F1 2016 Released
3. Re: F1 2016 Released Aug 20, 2016, 12:06 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 00:41:
Been scouring the forums for the last couple months to see if this was going to get VR support, specifically vive support...

I think that the guys who did Dirt Rally might be an offshoot of the normal codemasters team? or something? cause no other game from them has even mentioned VR.

Still waiting on the native vive support on Rally too...

I am pretty sure they'd rather sell you the VR version extra If it ever happens. But yeah, Rally seems like the "BIG" thing for VR, driving those stages with VR ought to be something of a crazy ride...

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
62. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 20, 2016, 08:11 eRe4s3r

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 01:04:
Was looking at the Digital Deluxe pack and it has a "Digital OST Sample". Wtf is that?

Most of the ambient tracks are not considered part of a soundtrack and they only pick a few of the best tracks as part of the OST. Hence a sample, not an "every track in the game" kind of OST, which is sadly a standard OST problem..

Anyway, I have the thing on steam and it says "Digital Soundtrack and Artbook" so whatever

I dunno if I am the crazy one here, but I ripped every ambient track out of DX HR and listen to it regularly... the atmosphere and ambiance is amazing. That game has one of the best sci-fi mystery soundtracks ever made.

News Comments > Prey 2 Video
15. Re: Prey 2 Video Aug 20, 2016, 08:01 eRe4s3r

This may be the least fortunate thumbnail for a video ever.. my god does that alien look horrific.

I wonder what a Tyranid hybrid does in Prey 2??

Oh.. it's supposed to be a human female? Well never mind me...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Win 10 Aniversary 2 strikes Aug 20, 2016, 07:55 eRe4s3r

Bub wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 07:38:
Something is seriously wrong with Microsoft, and it seems to be getting worse.

It's called the "Insider Program" and it is the reason for every major update fuckup the last decade. The entire program is conceptually flawed, because the real issues are never reported. Most tech journos only run this version in a VM and no real company I know of is part of the Insider program and those that are only test their specific solutions to problems with Windows. Meaning specific hardware situations (60+ webcams) already have custom solutions that override windows entirely, so they don't even notice that the core system is broken (in this case, the problem is MS adding something good, a multi-web-cam local server that shares access, so webcam streams are no longer exclusive to 1 application.

The problem is that MS apparently doesn't know that many webcams use H.264 to squeeze 1080p 30fps through USB 2, and what does H.264 do? It negotiates with the application directly, the webcam or windows aren't involved. Only when H.264 codec negotiates connection parameters is the webcam stream encoded, and this is what MS totally broke by interjecting between webcam and application, now the h.264 codec can not broker, and thus webcams are broken. And I doubt this is gonna be an easy fix. Especially since not all webcams use h.264, there are more exotic custom variations of it too.

So what is wrong here... I would say the entire concept of the "Insider Program". MS needs to invest in a proper hardware lab and do own Q&A... but they don't. It's cheaper to let the customer be the beta tester.

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man Announced
5. Re: Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man Announced Aug 19, 2016, 22:48 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 21:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 19:19:
What's a "fetishist" religion.. seriously? I don't even dare googling that.

It's a general term for tribal religions where some item is believed to be a God and is worshipped (or fetishised). Maybe a tree or a waterfall or some old skull. The item is literally the God, unlike the Christian cross which is representative. Source (SFW)

I presume the modern meaning derives from this. I can sort of see how, worshipping feet or whatever. Never understood that one but whatever floats one's boat.

Thanks
That's an interesting article.... but wouldn't the actual name for such religions be Totemism or Idolatry? Fetishism could describe literally any religion on the planet, if you extend the meaning to religious texts and symbols... mhhh ,)

Learned something anyway

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man Announced
3. Re: Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man Announced Aug 19, 2016, 19:19 eRe4s3r

What's a "fetishist" religion.. seriously? I don't even dare googling that.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2016, 17:30 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 15:32:
Abd how about punishing them for noise pollution while you're at it. I swear any hearing loss I have is a byproduct of assholes on their hogs in the city needlessly reving their engines and making everyone around them deaf. I fucking hate Harleys and the assholes who ride them. The only worse people are the assholes who drive Mercedes - which is the official car of assholes everwhere.

Car/bike posers and making excessive noise on the street is actually illegal in Germany So why not move here, report the asshole making the noise, and enjoy that he has to literally "un" tune his car/bike (paid by him) to get a running license again? If he refuses, car/bike is confiscated and driver license taken. And yes, you can even lose your license over revving your bike up at 3AM in the night, if someone (and I am sure someone will) catches you on video twice, that is. My neighbor is actually a Harley fan, and to be honest, as long as he does his hobby in between 6am and 10pm I don't mind..

It's one of these things here where a lot of complaints have forced police to act here.

23. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 12:59 eRe4s3r

Dacron wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 11:49:
nin wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 10:50:
Jagacademy wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 10:49:
Does it have a lame cover system like the prior one, where you press a button, and are glued to an object?

Were you required to use that in the last one?

Not for me. I have never used the cover system (except for the tutorial for some reason for the 2 guys coming down the stairs) and am on my 3rd play through. Stealth and action and combined styles.

combined styles are definitely the most fun, but nothing beats a zero kills, 100% ghost playthrough. Wonder if that is even possible in this one?

21. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 12:57 eRe4s3r

Zanderat1 wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 11:42:
Quinn wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 11:37:
Jensen, my buddy, can't wait to get inside you.

That sounds kinda wrong...............

But only kinda ,)

This game I have pre-ordered (Yes yes, blame me if I complain later) with season pass and all. Didn't regret buying Deus EX HR and doubt I will regret this, and I will play this on highest possible difficulty.. learned my lesson from DX HR, what a HUGE change that is when nothing is glowing yellow.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details Aug 18, 2016, 07:49 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 21:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 21:27:
Is the fighter control still the same was as in the beta? Because if yes, then this is going to be hilarious (not in a good way)

yes. It's actually an often-used flight control method in flight sims. The mouse is basically replacing a joystick. Instead of giving a 1:1 input like say, battlefield jets, it's emulating the orientation of a joystick as visible by the white arrow icon on the HUD.

I believe Star Citizen uses this as the default KB+M setup, Elite Dangerous too... (not %100 about that last one)

I know My point was it's certainly not a used flight control method in Battlefield games... in the beta nearly nobody used fighters for what they were there for because of this.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details Aug 17, 2016, 21:27 eRe4s3r

Is the fighter control still the same was as in the beta? Because if yes, then this is going to be hilarious (not in a good way)  

News Comments > Rayman Origins for Free
2. Re: Rayman Origins for Free Aug 17, 2016, 21:21 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 20:21:
I love how they are having this checkbox where you need to verify you are old enough to acquire this game. A fucking Rayman game no less...

The joke being that to use uPlay, you have to be 13+ but to play the game, you only have to be 6 ;p So that checkbox is in more ways than one hilarious.

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive Announced
23. Re: Metal Gear Survive Announced Aug 17, 2016, 20:47 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 17:43:
nin wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 17:17:
Total-Khaos wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 17:15:
So, he is a bit egotistical if you ask me, but sounds like that is starting to change.

Right, but that doesn't say who's idea it is, his or the studios.

It's flattering to be asked, it's narcissistic if you're the one with creative control. I don't suppose his ego minds but neither would mine so I can't criticise. If he ever put himself in his comics, that would be bad.

Everything Tarantino has done since and including Kill Bill has had a sense of smug self satisfaction that makes his work almost unwatchable to me. 20 minutes of Christoph Waltz hunting Jewish refugees is the only stuff he's done in nearly 20 years that matches his apparent opinion of himself.

Edit: eRe4s3r, I wish it was, then I would have saved my money! Ground Zeroes was excellent IMHO, MGS5 was not. Konami takes most blame for that I think.

I have 156hrs in MGS5 TP so yeah To me it was one of the most interesting games released this year... Dragons Dogma was the other one. (for PC)

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
18. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Aug 17, 2016, 20:16 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 14:06:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 12:45:
Here is also some tasty gameplay to go with that Trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kub5vOaT0V8

Looks great, but as long as it doesn't turn into consolized shit. Appropriate PC controls and Videos setting please and we are set for some kickass fun.

Kickass fun indeed Finally someone doing WH40k proper FPS justice

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive Announced
18. Re: Metal Gear Survive Announced Aug 17, 2016, 17:39 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 14:57:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 12:52:
Off the rails since he left?!?

I've tried playing Ground Zero/Phantom Pain, do I really need to see Kojima's name 800 times before I finish the game?

Those are the only MGS games I've played and my first exposure to the supposed genius that is Hideo Kojima. Let's say I didn't see what the fuss was about regarding him (*cough*hack*cough*) but I was most struck by what a massive egotist that guy is. His name everywhere and he even put himself in Ground Zeroes.

He is the only reason MGS5 wasn't a zombie infested coop shooter though. Well, at least apparently ;p

10050 Comments. 503 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo