Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10413 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Intel shitty thermal paste, again. Dec 17, 2016, 04:05 eRe4s3r

Simon Says wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 20:28:
Yup, and the timing is perfect right now with Amd's "Ryzen" 8c/16t beating and/or tieing Intel's 8c/16t 6900k. If this can translate to 6 cores and 4 core parts, I think I might just upgrade my 7 years old Xeon X3470 ( i7-870 equivalent ) and go with AMD this time around. Possibly with a 6 cores part if the price is right.

3 months or more to wait for that though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Next Total War Plans
5. Re: Next Total War Plans Dec 16, 2016, 13:48 eRe4s3r

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 13:12:
Damn shame. I was really hoping they would try a shot at the WH40K universe, since this last one was so well recieved.

WH40k would require planetary travel, deformable terrain, and it's pretty clear that would not happen with this engine. So as much as I agree, it will probably be China or Korea

News Comments > Egosoft Plans "Real" X4
11. Re: Egosoft Plans Dec 16, 2016, 13:43 eRe4s3r

warmbluelasers wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 12:21:
Egosoft and Bohemia Interactive... two companies that need to fire their UI teams and hire professionals.

You think they have an UI team?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
34. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2016, 09:26 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 13:45:
Trump has got to be the most thin skinned piece of shit alive. He takes literally everything personally and is super vindictive.

It's sadly a common symptom for narcissistic personalities, the kind of personalities that do really well in politics....

News Comments > AI War II Early Access in May
2. Re: AI War II Early Access in May Dec 16, 2016, 08:02 eRe4s3r

Too bad it didn't make the original funding goal, but I guess it also has something good. The original release date was a bit too optimistic. And finally thanks to Paypal I can actually support this

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 16, 2016, 02:00 eRe4s3r

And nobody brings up the obvious problem when a company like Facebook and whatever dewbs work as "fact checkers" decide what is legit news and what isn't? How exactly is this not gonna end up as an ideologically slanted representation of news and censorship? And what about OP-ED's ?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 13, 2016, 23:34 eRe4s3r

Neural Net prediction? BAHAHAHAHHA

Marketing speak, for lulz

We'll see when it comes out, whether this CPU can back it's marketing speak... ;p Somehow I have real doubts they got prefetching to work better than Intel...

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2016, 23:42.

News Comments > Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter
13. Re: Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter Dec 13, 2016, 14:49 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 14:41:
You definitely have to have the right mentality for a-sync multiplayer. If you don't find joy in adversity and overcoming the uneven playing field then you are probably never going to. :p L4D to me was all about losing to learn.

You are of course correct But in a LAN it is never a good idea to rolfstomp your friends unless you wanna play that game never again. ^^

Edit: To remove a comma.. I don't understand english commas anymore.. German commas are already confusing enough. Damn I am getting too old to bother with commas.

News Comments > Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter
9. Re: Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter Dec 13, 2016, 14:32 eRe4s3r

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 11:40:
Played Evolve at a LAN last weekend when we were down to 5 players. One guy insisted he be the monster. 3 games, he lost all 3 times. Said it's impossible to win as the monster. I have played the game just as much as he has (training, and the 3 rounds, plus when it had a free weekend a long time ago).

So I played as the monster. I was unstoppable.

But did he have fun playing foot soldier against you when you were unstoppable? ^^ I would think not...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2016, 13:09 eRe4s3r

sauron wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 12:32:
Chilis (jarred or fresh, sliced and seeded)
1 Alarm: No peppers
3 Alarm: 5 oz hot jalapeno peppers
5 Alarm: Hot: Three habanero peppers and a few jalapenos or some chipoltle
Weapons grade: Seven habanero peppers

I had a successful growing season here on the windowsills of Barad-Dur. My habanero plant had a field day and produced 15 or so nice ripe chilis, and my scotch bonnet plant is also producing a crop right now.

Any suggestions of the best way to use these little bombs is welcome. Chili would be good but I'm vegetarian (no, really!). I do eat fish and seafood (so pescatarian, I guess).

Anyone have a killer (not literally) hot sauce recipe?

Thanks!

I make my xmas chilli with a dash of German dark beer (250 to 300ml)... aside that tomato.. many a sliced tomato.. tomato paste, red beans (3 whole cans!) and (grilled onions, garlic, I make them with the meat, but you can do that without meat..), pepperoni (the non-hot variety) sliced, for taste, not for spice, and a few fresh hot ones from a local plant which also gave me quite a harvest of some pretty hot stuff, for my chilli I use 2 whole (sliced) picked jalapeno peppers. I also have dried jalapeno which I ground and add (a tablespoon, not more), pepper (ground) and cumin (ground)

Serve with cheddar cheese and spot of sour creme.

If you were doing this with meat, I would mix the onions and garlix, as well as a shot of soy-sauce into the meat while it simmers and I stir it so it becomes tiny tasty pieces of fire

This stuff is a huge hit in my family, so I must be doing something right. To be honest, 2 freshly picked ones is pretty damn weapon grade chilli this season, I didn't expect that. Apparently my "1 star" (no, seriously, it was sold as pepperoni) is actually so hot that it is far more weapon grade than anything I can buy in stores called jalapeno... go figure.

Ps.: if you buy tomatos pre-sliced and beans in cans, dump them whole in the pot, but don't dump anything with vinegar in the pot...

PPs.: Obviously I also use meat, 400g of minced meat of whatever I find fresh at my local butchery.

Desert is apple based with cinnamon boiled and stirred, and then mixer applied in the pot, raisins soaked in proper rum, and the rum that they soaked in added along with the raisins, really easy, and super tasty after a chilli.

To be honest, it's important to remember that you probably need 2kg of apples for that, and peeling them, and removing the innards and all that, is a pain, but chilli + compote is awesome. My only regret this year is that I have chilli, but no more xmas apples compote

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2016, 13:22.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 13, 2016, 12:46 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 12:18:
Gaming Enhancements. Good one, MS.

Yeah, apart from DirectX I have the suspicion that nothing MS ever did enhanced my gaming.. in any way, shape, or form. Quite the contrary when I think back to GFWL

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2016, 02:30 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 12:47:
Yep, clearly a touchstone and a turning point in computer gaming. It is difficult to think there will ever be anything like it again in computer gaming.

Doom was a turning point for sure, but for me the defining gaming moment would be first starting Unreal. Back then I had 2 friends over, and the next 7 hours we forgot time and space, even eating, and were absorbed for the first time in what to us, was the most awesome gaming experience ever made.

Doom/Wolfen was censored in Germany.. so yeah

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 11, 2016, 00:37 eRe4s3r

Scheherazade wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 05:40:
I'm amused how people care more about who was the messenger, than they do about the message.

And yet in your sidenote you make clear that the only thing that matters when we know the facts, is who tells you otherwise and why. Not what he says specifically.

The messenger is far more important than the message. If you don't know the intention of the former, you can't trust the latter whatsoever. Hence, establishing that CIA says thing X, means it's 100% bullshit no matter what is said. An agency built upon lies, will never ever tell you the truth.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Dec 11, 2016, 00:16 eRe4s3r

Dev wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 21:44:
Looks like Kaby is the most yawner chip yet.

even better, the 7700k runs hotter than the 6700k ^^

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
9. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 10, 2016, 22:23 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 19:55:
Cutter wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 19:08:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 18:46:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 12:21:
Michigan Transportation Director Kirk Steudle concedes that there will be crashes and probably a fatality involving autonomous cars.
But they get to test in snow so that makes it all better. Lawsuits in 3-2-1

It does make me wonder how all this is going to work with such unpredictable weather and outcomes. I get it we make plenty of mistakes, but when you rely on systems, it seems liability shuffles to mfg vs driver. The backlash is going to be legendary. Could be wrong.

Not at all. I will bet you any amount of money that legislation is passed in support of the automakers/software developers that fully indemnifies them. Much like you can't sue the phone company, just go to arbitration - that favors them anyway - at best. In short, getting into an autonomous vehicle will mean you automatically waive your right to sue. As for accidents between drivers and autonomous vehicles you can bet they'll pull out all the stops to make sure the driver loses that battle.

those deadly 2 ton phones barreling down the road killing everything in sight.

Far more deadly in the hands of humans though, that is statistical fact

Think about what this say about humans that the only way we can reduce the 1.3m deaths per year is to replace the human drivers...

Can't happen soon enough, if you ask me. But equally I am worried that such a system will have problems in winter and the twilight weather between 0C where you can never fully predict whether it's just really foggy or slippery as fuck because nature decided to fuck THAT corner in particular.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 10, 2016, 21:14 eRe4s3r

At least the photorealistic claim is not wrong, some of those screenshots make you look twice. That is pretty impressive  

News Comments > Gigantic Open Beta
6. Re: Gigantic Open Beta Dec 9, 2016, 20:28 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 09:52:
When it's free to play, nothing in it has any value to me whatsoever. Without binding me to a game through a purchase, you won't bind my perception of value to the game. And I think this is how it works for the majority of people, but I could be wrong.

Yeah that or the incredibly popular and free MOBAs this is trying to compete with have the same business model...

They don't have any draw to me though, this is why I am a bit confused about the whole F2P thing. I tried them all none of them could hold my attention, and I seem to have a huge barrier in my mind against paying for anything in a f2p title. And equally, once a game is free (but not a gift) then I have an even bigger barrier in my mind against even playing it for any length

Guess I am just weird ^^

4. Re: Gigantic Open Beta Dec 9, 2016, 09:00 eRe4s3r

MattyC wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 08:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 08:14:
When it's free to play, nothing in it has any value to me whatsoever. Without binding me to a game through a purchase, you won't bind my perception of value to the game.

If it helps I can charge you $60 for it.

You could, but nothing you offer would be valued at 60$ so I wouldn't pay that ^^ (to use this funny PR speak)

If you don't charge money for a thing you made, then it tells me you don't value it enough to charge for it, so why should I value it high enough to pay for it, or play it, for that matter?

2. Re: Gigantic Open Beta Dec 9, 2016, 08:14 eRe4s3r

When it's free to play, nothing in it has any value to me whatsoever. Without binding me to a game through a purchase, you won't bind my perception of value to the game. And I think this is how it works for the majority of people, but I could be wrong.

News Comments > AMD Crimson ReLive Edition Drivers
4. Re: AMD Crimson ReLive Edition Drivers Dec 9, 2016, 05:53 eRe4s3r

Is Radeon really a stronger brand than AMD or ATI ? Because to me it ain't...  

10413 Comments. 521 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo