Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11211 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Announced
6. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Announced Aug 21, 2017, 13:16 eRe4s3r

Kinda hyped for this  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Trailer
17. Re: Project CARS 2 Trailer Aug 21, 2017, 10:16 eRe4s3r

yuastnav wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 08:29:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 14:04:
The first one was really well done. On a realistic car sim scale of 1 to 10, I guess an 8 would be my score. Where 10 is Richard Burns Rally of course.

I believe the AI does kind of use a simplified model, since I doubt our PCs could handle all of that simmulation at once.

Hmm. I actually read in an article where an actual professional Rally driver described Richard Burns Rally as even more difficult than reality so I'm not sure whether it's really as realistic as a lot of people claim.

For a game that doesn't simulate tire pressure, tire deformation and ground effect this is as good as it gets. But yes, default settings for grip/downforce were off, making cars have generally not enough grip (and on Asphalt, too much of it) mods fix that somewhat, but I simply do not play on Asphalt..., dunno how close the latest RBR mods are to realism, but they feel REALLY good on dirt tracks. Cars respond to what you are doing and you have instant feedback to anything that happens, you can sense over and understeer from the FF coming a mile away. Only game that got it truly right, which is why people say it's realistic I guess

At least compared to any Codemasters game. I guess it's often more about the feel than the actual realism. I found that other racing game.. eh.. Assetto Corsa for example, to have an incredibly bad feel to most of the cars.... (at high speeds)

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2017, 03:59 eRe4s3r

Retired wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 21:38:
Dang! Is PUBG going to dethrone Skyrim?

No

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 20, 2017, 01:20 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 20:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 14:48:
Sadly it's absolutely insanely expensive. A "cheap" gasoline car here with a cost of around 1 per 100km is around 13k while the Tesla 3 (for example) is around 49k (and it costs 5 per 100km due to our power costs)

Meaning a small car is 5 times cheaper to tank (with gasoline) than charge with electricity in Germany.. bah ;/ No wonder we got no growth in this market.

Not sure where you're getting your numbers from. I've heard the Model 4 is 36.250 with VAT including incentives in Germany. Gasoline currently runs about 1.5 per liter in Germany. With fuel economy about 15km per liter, it costs about $10 to travel 100km.

You are correct... whoopsy, not sure what I was thinking about when I did that comparison (probably forgot a zero somewhere ,p), but a gasoline car obviously needs around 5l for 100km, and that's 7 ! Electric car is cheaper... at 5 well, unless you take battery replacement costs into account, but that is unfair in that comparison.

According to Tesla 3 price-list from AutoBild ( http://www.autobild.de/artikel/tesla-model-3-2017-infos-5215630.html ) , a feature complete Tesla 3 will cost 50,900 though basically, at that price point it's never economically feasible.

While the base price is supposed to be 21.400 Euro that is not what you pay here in Germany. ;(

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 19, 2017, 14:48 eRe4s3r

Sadly it's absolutely insanely expensive. A "cheap" gasoline car here with a cost of around 1 per 100km is around 13k while the Tesla 3 (for example) is around 49k (and it costs 5 per 100km due to our power costs)

Meaning a small car is 5 times cheaper to tank (with gasoline) than charge with electricity in Germany.. bah ;/ No wonder we got no growth in this market.

News Comments > Dauntless Founder's Alpha
5. Re: Dauntless Founder's Alpha Aug 19, 2017, 14:38 eRe4s3r

Trevellian wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 14:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 02:08:
Slick wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 02:00:
I still have my physical hat I got with my Firefall gold founders pack, oh and the Audio CD from my Half Life 2 Gold founders pack ^_^

Honestly, throwing money at projects beyond the base game is usually a case of me just believing in the project, and wanting to show my support rather than getting DLC or unlocks or swag.

But you are clearly very picky You don't buy random founder packs from what I gather, the funny thing is for stuff like Hellgate: London I'd totally understand it too (even now, with mods, totally playable ;p) But for a f2p game where nothing is known, shown and playable?

And how many developers do you trust enough to support them this way nowadays?

Nothing Playable? This was playable way back in spring in PAX. Playing it then I knew I liked it enough as a Monster Hunter fan to support it. While it may not be the deepest when it comes to weapon combos (It's no DMC/Bayonetta/Nier Automata as far as combos goes) the fights with the monsters themselves are very deep and very challenging. It will definitely do well with the MH Fanbase on PC, at least until MH World if it makes it to Steam. And even then, I still currently enjoy Dauntless more than MH due to it cutting out all the bullshit fights with random little mobs and focusing on engaging and difficult boss fights.

But it ain't playable NOW But yeah, I completely missed that PAX thing, and a quick google shows plenty of gameplay. So mea-culpa I guess.

And yeah, from those vids it does look kinda interesting, but F2P.. nhhhghrghrhrh

News Comments > Hyper Universe Early Access Next Week
3. Re: Hyper Universe Early Access Next Week Aug 19, 2017, 02:17 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 13:24:
I was just gonna say, how the hell do you have a 2D sidescroller MOBA? Clearly a game made by marketers.

Even better, it's a 2D sidescrolling beat-em up MOBA , I don't think those audiences really align.. but maybe that's just me.

Quick look at steamspy also puts in doubt that any market research was involved here. ^^

3. Re: Dauntless Founder's Alpha Aug 19, 2017, 02:08 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 02:00:
I still have my physical hat I got with my Firefall gold founders pack, oh and the Audio CD from my Half Life 2 Gold founders pack ^_^

Honestly, throwing money at projects beyond the base game is usually a case of me just believing in the project, and wanting to show my support rather than getting DLC or unlocks or swag.

But you are clearly very picky You don't buy random founder packs from what I gather, the funny thing is for stuff like Hellgate: London I'd totally understand it too (even now, with mods, totally playable ;p) But for a f2p game where nothing is known, shown and playable?

And how many developers do you trust enough to support them this way nowadays?

News Comments > Interstellar Transport Company Early Access
1. Re: Interstellar Transport Company Early Access Aug 19, 2017, 02:00 eRe4s3r

This reminds me, I still want an Anno game where I can colonize entire planets (maybe with 40 different resources and only 3 or 4 per planet) and do inter-galactic trade-routes....

Too bad these game ideas never get any big funding or dev teams ;/

News Comments > Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Announced
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 19, 2017, 01:50 eRe4s3r

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 17:39:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 16:47:
Watched a bit of this anime with my daughter. It's your typical angsty Japanese teen drama, but set in an online RPG which no one can leave or they die IRL. Most games based on such properties are designed to appeal to said audience, and I would expect this will be no different.

I was unfortunate enough to see a portion of sword art online also. Although there are a couple good action sequences, I found that the plot was very forced and contrived, especially the romantic relationship between the main protagonist and the first female he befriends in the show. It's a good example of everything that is wrong with "modern" anime, IMO.

Have to agree ;/ Modern Anime has not evolved in a direction I find enjoyable at all. And SWO is one of these things I wish I hadn't watched. Not just because of that romantic thing, but because you couldn't know who any of these avatars were in real-life, that female could have been an old bloke in his 70ies. (That would have been a nice trope subversion btw..)

Either way, it had an interesting start, but the end... and this video has some super annoying zoomed in camera views...

1. Re: Dauntless Founder's Alpha Aug 19, 2017, 01:46 eRe4s3r

After Hellgate: London, how many people still fall for Founder Packs I wonder....  

News Comments > Spintires: MudRunner Announced
9. Re: Spintires: MudRunner Announced Aug 19, 2017, 01:46 eRe4s3r

Kajetan wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 13:21:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 11:28:
So wait, this is published by Focus and developed by Sabre. So the original developer's not involved in this at all?
He is. He now works for the new studio.

Is that how it went? So he was "canned" from the previous dev team and not paid properly, and this new team with new publisher basically sell version 2.0 of Spintires with him at the wheel again?

If so that would be a happy end considering the crap that went on before with Spintires. Either way, very fun tech demo, hopefully this tech will end up in other games because the water and mud/stone simulation is absolutely amazing.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Aug 19, 2017, 01:43 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 21:49:
I dunno, I'm feeling like this "test" could be gamed.

If you don't know a judge would pull such a test then you can't prepare for it, but yeah, it could be gamed if you knew it'd come.

Still, not many people buy dogs from shady black-market van-deals and then go to court over it....

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 19, 2017, 01:41 eRe4s3r

Seems like AMD has 2 competing company wings fighting each other, that's the only way situations like the one above could come to pass imo. And I had such high hopes for VEGA, but it was clear that nothing AMD would do could be any opposition to the 1080TI

Why would Google research an automated way to remove watermarks from photos btw?

18. Re: Into the Black Aug 18, 2017, 23:47 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 16:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 03:42:
And it doesn't help if you just wanna fight terrorism, you have to fight anti-fa, which is the primary reason so much hate exists nowadays against cops as well.

Are you joking? Seriously, you think 'antifa' is the reason people hate the police? People hate and fear the police in the US because they are often racist, murderous criminals, who treat civilians as the enemy. Most US citizens don't have a clue what/who antifa even is.

Ps.: I think doxxing is equal to any other hate crime.

*Eyeroll*

I don't condone doxxing, but saying it's equal to lynchings, murders, bombings etc. is ridiculous.

The false equivalency shit is getting out of hand.

In Germany, AntiFA is anti-establishment, anti any-goverment structure. So yeah. They are worse than Nazi's. Nazis just wanna be racist without being stopped and get violent when they do get stopped, Anti-FA would happily kill cops or anyone in governmental power just to make a point. Google RAF , but beyond that you'd need to speak German to understand where I am coming from there. Needless to say, ANTIFA is a terror organization. They thing they stand above the law, they attack anyone they don't agree with, and just because ANTIFA calls someone a Nazi does not mean he/she is one. ANTIFA isn't beyond calling it's own people NAZIS....

And secondly, Doxxing ruins peoples lives fundamentally, they live in constant fear, they need police protection, need to move, change jobs, change identity and not just them, but their families, children and relatives too. To me that is a far worse hate-crime than murder. Murder doesn't hurt the dead person much beyond that, doxxing hurts you an entire life.

I am curious, what part of doxxing isn't a hate crime to you.

News Comments > Spintires: MudRunner Announced
3. Re: Spintires: MudRunner Announced Aug 18, 2017, 12:55 eRe4s3r

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 11:28:
So wait, this is published by Focus and developed by Sabre. So the original developer's not involved in this at all?

The original developer was fired

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 18, 2017, 09:17 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 09:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 22:49:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 21:35:
Are the ruskies just now remembering WW2?

You mean the part where they allied with the Nazi's and invaded Poland?
That alliance did not last long, you may want to read the next chapter in your history book.

Just saying they might remember more of WW2 than we would want. You know, because of Ukraine... and all that.

14. Re: Into the Black Aug 18, 2017, 09:06 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 08:21:
The most absurd thing is that I can't even disagree with Trump. He said there are bad people on both sides, violent people on both sides, and that is a fact.

Yes, it's more his false equivalence that I object to, he said that to appeal to white supremacists. This was a white supremacist march, where everyone was either literally a Nazi or close enough to be willing to march along side them. There were no fine people. So the counter-protest was anti-Nazi and anti-white supremacist. These weren't all fine people, but they were all there for a good cause. These are only equal to Nazi sympathisers.

And that's fair enough, there is no argument to be had from me that Trump is a major reason for the strengthening of the alt-right movement. Heck his election campaign was a major shit-show that's for sure.

However, I can only judge things based on what I can see, and I saw a hate-mob and doxxing on twitter. By the "progressives" (the left) and I find that just appalling no matter who does it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 06:26 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 15:46:
I don't think I've seen a photo of Blue since 99 or 03 or some such.

He... he looks younger now?

The blessings of less hair

11. Re: Into the Black Aug 18, 2017, 06:20 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 04:26:
Blah, blah, blah

The Nazis gassed 6M Jews, but French partisans blew up some Wehrmacht trucks. BOTH SIDES DO IT!

This fucking false equivalency stuff has got to stop. There is only one side that engages in fatal terrorism to the tune of hundreds of deaths. There is only one side trying to undermine how the government functions. There is only one side that dog whistles to Nazis and racists. There is only one side cuddling up to Putin. There is only one side that is demonstrably worse, and it ain't the left. So get a clue: "Both sides do it" legitimizes the violence that the right perpetrates, so stop saying that already.

Sorry for apparently hurting your feelings, but I condemn violence wholesale, from the left AND from the right. There is never a legitimation for violence or doxxing, or hate mobs or lynch justice. That you read something else out of my comment condemning violence in all forms is downright hilariously sad. I will never accept violence by AntiFA or the white supremacists, not by the police and not by the state (unless there are legal reasons for it), if you leave the democratic and judicative process to achieve your political goals you become a terrorist, or at the very least a criminal.

I don't legitimize violence anywhere, I said that both sides have become a breeding ground for potential terrorism due to how things go in the USA. Trump didn't help things, but neither did Obama or Bush or Reagan nor do the universities that only accept 1 left worldview and none other. All that does not liberate you, all of that is the cause for more terrorism, violence and hate. And if your reaction to an event like Charlottesville is hate, you literally play into the hands of those idiotic terrorists.

11211 Comments. 561 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo