Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On January 29, 2009
Supporter -
Total Comments 14165 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse

1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 28, 2020, 16:27 eRe4s3r

A Windows 10 update bug? Maybe it should be news when the updates don't break things the way that is going...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation

2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 28, 2020, 16:25 eRe4s3r

killer_roach wrote on Mar 28, 2020, 15:53:
More than just Microsoft - I just looked at my Steam updates list, some of them are being scheduled to run on April 11th. Slightly excessive?

Well you don't need updates for games you don't play often ^^ But yeah, I've had a 17 day delay on 1 of my updates.. and it was just 1mb...

News Comments > Evening Mobilization

13. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 28, 2020, 14:18 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Mar 28, 2020, 13:44:
*snip to not quote Cutter*

Is it just me that feels like we should report Cutters post for spreading fake news in a global crisis situation? It took me less than 20 seconds to find the actual flu mortality numbers (which are 0.014% worldwide) because world-wide numbers matter.

WHO Statement from 3rd March says mortality rate for Covid-19 is 3.4% while for flu it is BELOW 0.1% (it is actually 0.014%, Covid-19 is an insane 271 times more deadly) if the same numbers were infected by it as is the case for influenza strains we would have 271 times more dead people in a single year than we had by FLU in 2019

And that's simple math. In Italy/Spain the mortality rate is FAR higher because the health-care systems in those regions have completely collapsed. Meanwhile Germany had detected many thousands of non-symptomatic patients before we even had the first death. Our numbers show you how the situation might look if other nations had tested properly, but they don't show a realistic mortality rate because Germany has the best health-care system on the planet but it can just as easily get overwhelmed and lead to situations like in Italy/Spain.

I am keeping to the quarantine regulations... never ever am I going to be responsible for anyone dying!

News Comments > Epic Games Publishing Announced

2. Re: Epic Games Publishing Announced Mar 26, 2020, 11:31 eRe4s3r

Betting it will include restrictions on which platform you can release  

News Comments > CODE VEIN Gets Lord of Thunder DLC

1. Re: CODE VEIN Gets Lord of Thunder DLC Mar 25, 2020, 19:16 eRe4s3r

This games season pass was the biggest scam yet.. absolutely disgusting DLC quality.  

News Comments > Anno 1800: The Seat of Power Released

1. Re: Anno 1800: The Seat of Power Released Mar 24, 2020, 21:43 eRe4s3r

I wonder how much "DLC" is magically not part of this second "season pass" yet again.. also 10€ for 2 buildings and 18 modules and a single feature that is extremely grindy, no quests, no new interactions with AI is lackluster at best.. and greedy AF if you want to be cynical. So a skip for me  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 24, 2020, 13:31 eRe4s3r

Awkward? That streamer is an unhygienic pig and it took a ballsy female to make that obvious... educational more like.  

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Released

32. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Released Mar 23, 2020, 19:40 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 19:30:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 19:27:
Whatever I just canceled my Valve Index VR order... already feeling less salty about being pushed to 9+ weeks after such a long wait time and with no info either. If Valve doesn't want 1000€ I am sure someone else will take it and give me what I WANT. Something to do while being stuck for months in an apartment for example.... blegh
Understandable, things could be a whole helluva lot worse. See the comments in today’s ootb.

Yeah, I'd rather be stuck with no VR but healthy all things considered.

29. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Released Mar 23, 2020, 19:27 eRe4s3r

Whatever I just canceled my Valve Index VR order... already feeling less salty about being pushed to 9+ weeks after such a long wait time and with no info either. If Valve doesn't want 1000€ I am sure someone else will take it and give me what I WANT. Something to do while being stuck for months in an apartment for example.... blegh  

22. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Released Mar 23, 2020, 17:34 eRe4s3r

Drayth wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 16:39:
Why are you blaming Valve for this blowing up the VR market? Everyone else is out of stock too.

What makes more sense? They hold the game back till there's more VR headsets in stock, or they release the game and people get their headsets as soon as is possible?

Also, did you keep your back fill order from months ago, because they've had restocks since. They just tend to sell back out in a day.

Jesus... I once played Half-Life 2 and my dog barked all night. I'm boycotting Valve!

How about not selling something that can't be bought for 3+ months?

20. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Released Mar 23, 2020, 16:20 eRe4s3r

I gotta admit, Valve has some balls to release the game without the hardware that supports it shipping in quantities too. I ordered the Index months ago and still listed as "8+ weeks" .. yeah, I doubt in 8 weeks from now I want to buy VR, probably rather want to buy toilet paper the way the world is going right now.

In a way it makes me appreciate the quarantine a lot more, I now realize how my parents felt when the GDR was dying... waiting a year for a car and hit like that that is not how you run a successful company. In 2 months from now I am gonna buy whatever competitor product is out just to troll Valve.. blegh.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 23, 2020, 16:04 eRe4s3r

If anything these events also show how broken F1 2019 "The Game" is, Codemasters should be ashamed.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2020, 17:49 eRe4s3r

Took me a while to get into the groove, but if you go Hudless- only with minor dot crosshair teh Doom is.. 1 of a kind experience.. absolutely breathtaking to just rush rip and tear. And even better if you enable the cheat that lets you run faster.. makes the whole game flow even better.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 22, 2020, 17:47 eRe4s3r

Not the BAH GP and Virtual F1 filled my needs All 3 great races (yes, 2 races and 1 race) all 25% distance, and former event had reverse grid, which was a blast ;p that VF1 event had a much lower skill ceiling though.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

36. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2020, 07:00 eRe4s3r

Stay safe Blue  

News Comments > Steam and CS:GO Set New User Records Again

11. Re: Steam and CS:GO Set New User Records Again Mar 21, 2020, 10:28 eRe4s3r

Steam concurrent in-game numbers are already past 22.1m which is the new all time high .. and still ever growing  

News Comments > X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta This Month

12. Re: X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta This Month Mar 19, 2020, 18:40 eRe4s3r

Frijoles wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 17:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 16:59:
I have about the same numbers and was instantly sucked into Avorion.. you can build entire station production networks, with inner sector trade between stations by cargo shuttles and outer sector transport with looping transport orders for transport vessels, which also means you can build your own turret factories, which is obviously absolutely insanely good given that you need hundreds R Mining lasers and weapon of your choice for combat since same weapon means SAME targeting behavior which is obviously insanely good....

Does it take hundreds of hours (or just a long time) to get to that point? One of the reasons I haven't played X4 much is because it just felt like such a grind for every single thing I wanted to buy. I spent hours trying to find crystals (think they were) and mining them for money just so I could upgrade my ship.

Upgrading your ship is only really a grind till you get any faction to "good" (by trading or by fighting, or both) then you can build a ship yourself assign a captain to it, put a mining laser (or an R mining laser) on it and have it mine sectors empty that you explored previously, that takes around an hour if you really go that way with priority. Then you will make money from that mining ship since refined ores can be sold, and you can use those ores to build more miners, and upgrade your ship(s) however you want, each ore type you mine gives you more things to build your ships around and with... around 5 hours till you get a station, earliest ones cost about 6-7m and it goes up to 100m for the complex construction that require insanely many (10+) products to be supplied, although AI will supply it, but that will obviously harm your profits extremely, but your stations WILL make money if you build them so they fulfill something that is not catered to well within a factions area and later stations will really make you so much money that resources don't even need to be mined anymore.

I know exactly what you mean with that in regard to X4.. Avorion is nothing like that. You start in a drone, mine an asteroid or 2, and then you build your first ship, then you mine some more ores (titanium then) and sell it, to get standing to good, and then you can build your first captain controlled mining ship... at that point you can give it an order to mine and refine set it to loop and do whatever you enjoy.

8. Re: X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta This Month Mar 19, 2020, 16:59 eRe4s3r

DrSquick wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 15:16:
Cutter wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 12:05:
Slashman wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 11:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 10:22:
I wonder how Egosoft feels.. now that Avorion is out..and is just vastly superior in every way aside graphics....

Just fine. I'm sure Avorion is a great game but modular ship building was never what X was about.

If you look at the changelogs for 3.0 you can see they are huge? This will be a massive update of the base game and (just my opinion) make X4 one of the most solid space games on the market. It did take awhile to get there though.

Would that be a good time to finally pull the trigger on this? I've been watching and waiting for it to finally be ready enough to buy.

I put 500+ hours into X3:TC, then another few hundred into a modded version of X3:TC. I bought X:R on release day and of course regretted it. I waited a year before I bought X4, and honestly could not get into it. I have about 8 hours into it. I got to the point where your personal HQ is built, I have a tier2 ship with four guns, which is pretty much invincible now to anyone I have run into. At that point my interest waned.

With the highway you can cruise around the whole galaxy in 60 seconds, so exploring a section does not feel like any sort of accomplishment. The economy does not seem to NEED you like it did in X3. In X3 it felt like the economy was in shambles without you. Satellites couldn't be made because the electronics factory had no material because the mines didn't have energy cells. So you could fill a giant freighter with tons of energy cells that you bought at rock-bottom price and sell for max price at the mine. Then after some time you could get another freighter to do the next step. And after a dozen hours or more you have single-handed fixed the economy of that sector.

Avorion is fantastic! I haven't played in about six months, so I'm not sure if they have added logistics chains. But the ship building, mining, and combat is super fun!

I have about the same numbers and was instantly sucked into Avorion.. you can build entire station production networks, with inner sector trade between stations by cargo shuttles and outer sector transport with looping transport orders for transport vessels, which also means you can build your own turret factories, which is obviously absolutely insanely good given that you need hundreds R Mining lasers and weapon of your choice for combat since same weapon means SAME targeting behavior which is obviously insanely good....

My point being, I like Avorion vastly more than X series. And designing your own ships is imo WAY more fun. Spent a good 3 hours just designing my first true battle-ship and it far outguns and out-performs even 20 enemy ships (although it's weak against torpedoes, it does have it's own fighters that it can mass produce)

If I had to put it in numbers, I'd rate X4 with current patch a 4/10 and Avorion a 11/10 (Sidenote: Did not play it before release)

1. Re: X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta This Month Mar 19, 2020, 10:22 eRe4s3r

I wonder how Egosoft feels.. now that Avorion is out..and is just vastly superior in every way aside graphics....  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

3. So Microsoft copies the official tracking tool? Mar 17, 2020, 10:54 eRe4s3r

You know, the one all media, all health-care services uses?

This one

Sure. Bing it up.

Looking at it for Germany the numbers are also wrong. Classy BING then, and in the news feed just 1 scroll down it's NWO and conspiracy garbage links..

So basically, it works exactly as well as BING then

14165 Comments. 709 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >