Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10932 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC?
14. Re: No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC? Jun 22, 2017, 12:43 eRe4s3r

NewMaxx wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 12:12:
He's going to regret saying this...I guarantee it (meme).

With all the discussions I've had on recoil in games, this is pretty funny. Some games, like BF1, introduced "random" recoil to make it so it's impossible to memorize recoil patterns like you have in other titles (e.g. CS). Other games have made it directional or non-existent depending on gun types, like Planetside 2. How you fire and what attachments may affect your aim, too, a la Rainbow Six Siege. Many titles reduce recoil for LMGs when fired for prolonged periods of time (The Division). Of course "bullet spread" and recoil are not synonymous but they do go hand-in-hand. Kneeling, prone, bipods, not moving or moving slowly, distance, etc. all can impact the former which then makes the latter a multiplier.

My point: this isn't about feel. It's about variety, it's about skill, it's about strategy. Many people derided BF1's approach as appealing to casual players as there's variability that is uncontrollable. Some said predictable recoil patterns had nothing to do with skill. Players wanted different solutions to LMGs in The Division as it was useless in PVP. ACOG single-shot in RB6 made people question balance. PS2 had the dynamic of low-damage with high ROF, high alpha with poor ACC, and perfect ACC while middling otherwise (the three faction's guns). None a perfect solution, but none just threw away the concept all-together!

I don't know what to say.

UT1 rocket launchers, miniguns, lightning gun in quake etc. had 0 recoil... so you wanna say those games were not about skill? Camera movement when firing is actually considered non-competitive, because what it leads to (CS:GO) is that "pro" people learn the shot patterns and then that turns from variety and skill to a pretty shit way to balance a gun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 21, 2017, 01:10 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 17:45:
Ozmodan wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 17:31:
Definitely driver error, but Tesla was rather stupid in naming the feature autopilot when anyone with a brain knows how easily misinterpreted that word can be.
I kinda think that the car should know better than to drive under a semi-trailer.
How much you wanna bet that software Rev 2.0 knows the average height of the vehicle and takes into account the height of the hole it is pointed at, because not every opening is a tunnel or overpass.

Well, to be able to do that it has to actually know what a semi-trailer is and imo there is no way our AI tech is there yet.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 12
4. Re: It Came from E3, Part 12 Jun 19, 2017, 14:29 eRe4s3r

Icewind wrote on Jun 19, 2017, 12:06:
I was interested in that E3 security article, but I moused-over the URL and it shows it's from Polygon, so I didn't bother. There's more "spin" on that site than every cable news network combined.

Well, it's about people who walked into the event without passes nor checked backpacks.. so yeah, 0 security. Doesn't need any spin, you either got security that works 100%, or you got no security.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Pa. man awarded $870,000 after doctor removes wrong testicle. Jun 19, 2017, 04:30 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 17, 2017, 14:38:
From the article, "It is the first medical malpractice verdict in the immediate area in at least 25 years." Depending on what constitutes the "immediate area" that seems some what surprising. I'm guessing there have been other cases of medical malpractice during that time...

I doubt the lawsuits for this will increase now that the precedent for such a severe mistake makes it clear you only get awarded 870k for "mistakenly" inflicted sterility.

To me it can't happen soon enough that robots replace doctors, if robots fuck up, you have a data log and recordings of everything and there is always proof.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 19, 2017, 04:22 eRe4s3r

But the non-symmetry of the wall pictures makes me cringe.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
28. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 19, 2017, 04:18 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 21:04:
Now it's at Overwhelmingly Negative between Exceedingly Negative and Terribly Negative. Makes Mostly Negative look genuinely positive.

I wonder if there is another "**** negative" wording for below 10% ? Never actually seen that.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
14. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 15:37 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:57:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:30:
Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:23:
Fucking drama queens. Them losers been playing that game every fucking day since it came out for PC. This is the kind of shit that has Rockstar flip the PC off for.

So you're against gamers voicing their discontent when a developer kills mods in order to juice more money out of the customers? You like all these microtransactions and day one DLC bs? Because it happened when gamers didn't say anything. Who cares if Rockstar puts their game on PC or not. We've got infinite good games to play, we don't need to bend over for them.

I knew this was coming. Normally I'd agree, just not in this case. Too much drama -- way too much drama! -- for what the dev did. GTA5 is insanely good on so many levels, even people who don't like the game can't possibly disagree with that. I say this and I am not even remotely a fan of the game. And what happened now? They removed their mod support or w/e and the game is now marked as Overwhelmingly Bad on the #1 marketplace for PC games. Fucking hilarious.

Why do you care? A customer can rate a product anyway and anytime he or she wants or feels like, it isn't dependent on your approval.... and if you piss off your customers who pay the price. Just ask Top Ware and Two Worlds 2

What I find more surprising is that Take 2 thinks this will make OpenIV disappear, because a cursory glance showed me 3 active mirrors of the latest OpenIV version.... and those won't ever be taken down easily...

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 17, 2017, 13:46 eRe4s3r

But not new games, obviously.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 17, 2017, 12:00 eRe4s3r

And when the batteries fail after 2 years you can throw it away and teh scrap is send to Africa... wish nations would make some legislation that makes such designs illegal, but alas...  

News Comments > Dawn of War III Free Content Next Week
6. Re: Dawn of War III Free Content Next Week Jun 17, 2017, 11:55 eRe4s3r

Until there is a Chaos faction this isn't even a real WH40k game imo.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Spaces make you richer Jun 16, 2017, 14:03 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 10:57:
@eRe4s3r - I believe you said the same thing I said with different words. Many modern apps default to spaces for formatting. Coding conditioning is directly related to my point about the IDEs and editors used. Your point about age is irrelevant. Age has nothing to do with pay; only skill.

On what data exactly do you base this claim? The study we are talking about does not show that. Due to how the data was collected it doesn't show much to begin with though...

News Comments > Pathfinder Adventures Released
7. Re: Pathfinder Adventures Released Jun 16, 2017, 13:43 eRe4s3r

Sacrifice wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 12:32:
I recently started playing Elder Scrolls: Legends and I am enjoying it. It was just released on Steam and it is free. I'm not sure why I would want to pay to play Pathfinder. Is the IP known enough to compete with other collectible card games at its price?

No ^^

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Spaces make you richer Jun 16, 2017, 02:54 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 22:00:
I do not believe that has anything to do with a grasp of language and more to do with which IDEs and editors use space for default formatting. For instance, I use Sublime Text Editor for anything outside of VS2017. Space is the app’s default format type. People get used to formatting paradigms. If all they see is space, then they will become more accustomed to it, and less likely to switch to tabs when the option is available by default.

Pretty sure it has primarily to do with how coding is taught and that those who learn to use tabs now (because really, use tabs not spaces.. because tabs can be spaced however a reader wants, spaces can not) and these younger developers obviously don't earn as much, due to how wages are actually stagnating or falling nowadays.

TL;DR, Correlation ain't Causation

News Comments > Pathfinder Adventures Released
2. Re: Pathfinder Adventures Released Jun 15, 2017, 22:29 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 21:49:
I really wish Paizo would just make an NWN style game for Pathfinder.

Would be nice if ANYONE made a NWN style game in a real engine nowadays, I am getting kinda sick of non inspired Infinity-engine clones in Unity-engine. I don't want AAA 3d graphics, but a game like NWN2 surely can't have been THAT expensive to make. And if you add good animation quality and story...

But no, apparently 2d unity engine games are all the rage.

Ps.: And yes, I am aware of Divinity Original Sin 2, I backed that ^^ But one game does not make a trend.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer
26. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 22:19 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 22:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 22:08:
El Pit wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 16:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 12:23:
MajorD wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 12:15:

@eRe4s3r: May have been a temporary glitch in the matrix for you at the time, as I just watched the embedded video.

Nope, definitely region locked ;( And I tried with various anti-region lock sites too.. nothing. In fact ALL Bethesda videos (literally, all of them from their youtube channel) don't work for me.

Life is hard behind the great censorship firewalls of countries like China, Russia, North Korea.

The region lock is sadly set by the video owner only, anyhow I changed my IP and now all beth videos work, except this one. So that's super strange.
even if you google it in case someone else posted it?

Yeh, that works But why would Beth region lock ONE of their E3 trailers... makes no sense. Anyhow, now I can watch it ^^

Now that I watched it I know why it's region locked in Germany ;p Nazi symbolism everywhere. I don't understand how I can be region locked when using a VPN though (I even tried a US server), google must have changed what identifier is read out. Or maybe it's because I am logged in?

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2017, 22:30.

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2017 Released
4. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2017 Released Jun 15, 2017, 22:17 eRe4s3r

For me I already fail to understand what there is to manage, as in I don't understand the sport at the core. And the cynic in me doesn't see this in a realistic manner unless there is a doping simulation...  

24. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 22:08 eRe4s3r

El Pit wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 16:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 12:23:

@eRe4s3r: May have been a temporary glitch in the matrix for you at the time, as I just watched the embedded video.

Nope, definitely region locked ;( And I tried with various anti-region lock sites too.. nothing. In fact ALL Bethesda videos (literally, all of them from their youtube channel) don't work for me.

Life is hard behind the great censorship firewalls of countries like China, Russia, North Korea.

The region lock is sadly set by the video owner only, anyhow I changed my IP and now all beth videos work, except this one. So that's super strange.

4. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 12:23 eRe4s3r

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 6
3. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 6 Jun 15, 2017, 12:03 eRe4s3r

Let's face it, all the big announcements will come during Gamescom in August. Not just because it's the flat out better (and bigger!) event, but because it's closer when these publishers are trying to build hype for a xmas releases.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2017, 12:23.

1. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 11:50 eRe4s3r

Video not available? Strange...  

10932 Comments. 547 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo