Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 13865 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs

12. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2019, 10:46 eRe4s3r

So a violent criminal
Munday doesn’t have a clean record. Back in 2011, he was convicted for a common assault. He and Campbell split after the incident.

receives this
Luke Munday gets sentenced to a 14-month good behavior bond. Munday won’t serve prison time after assaulting his pregnant girlfriend a year ago.

as punishment?

I know the UK justice system is a fucking joke, but this is really something else. I mean, aside from the fact that obviously both are retards, but that ain't criminal, sadly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Get Company of Heroes 2 for Free

9. Re: Get Company of Heroes 2 for Free Nov 16, 2019, 16:59 eRe4s3r

selection7 wrote on Nov 16, 2019, 14:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 16, 2019, 04:22:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 21:09:
Don't think I've ever played any of this series, but if it's free might check it out.

Anyone who has played this know what this review comment means?
It says its free, but its not , you have to pay to play it.

Thanks

It means nearly everything aside from the most mundane base game is behind a paywall.

The game has a lot of DLC. Of course that's not free. But can you play the entire single player campaign for free? There are Steam reviews making it sound like this is some kind of scam, and I can't tell from your reply if there's any truth to that. The "mundane base" game is the most important part.

The SP campaign is free and that's literally the only thing you can access without paying. Well, at least now you can, because when I wrote that you couldn't because of a "bug" that locked your savefiles of the campaign behind a paywall. And no, that is not a joke.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse

1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 16, 2019, 16:48 eRe4s3r

So many things Facebook does are always "mistakes" , but if you ever had corporate guidelines to follow, you know there is no such thing as a "mistake" in those guidelines.

Only when shit hits the PR fan is it suddenly a mistake. And once that blows over it's business as usual.

News Comments > Get Company of Heroes 2 for Free

6. Re: Get Company of Heroes 2 for Free Nov 16, 2019, 04:22 eRe4s3r

Acleacius wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 21:09:
Don't think I've ever played any of this series, but if it's free might check it out.

Anyone who has played this know what this review comment means?
It says its free, but its not , you have to pay to play it.

Thanks

It means nearly everything aside from the most mundane base game is behind a paywall.

News Comments > Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Next Month

1. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Next Month Nov 16, 2019, 03:17 eRe4s3r

I am wondering if the game actually has enough active players to sustain this... according to steam less than 50 players played it recently, and they haven't fixed any bugs or glitches, just releasing new disjointed content.  

News Comments > New Mass Effect in Development?

6. Re: New Mass Effect in Development? Nov 16, 2019, 03:14 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 22:53:
Any reason for me to finish Andromeda? I think I got to the ice planet and forgot pretty much everything that happened and had to restart a year or two later.

To see the laughable open ended non-resolving ending? No. If you enjoy combat then yeah. I can't even put into words how bad the story is, the bad guy is, or their entire motivation is. So that is not a reason to come back imo.

News Comments > Anthem Overhaul Coming?

3. Re: Anthem Overhaul Coming? Nov 16, 2019, 02:12 eRe4s3r

Sunk cost fallacy anyone?

EA wants to get their monies worth out of Anthem whatever it will cost apparently.

It's not like I don't get it, that's EAs only new IP

News Comments > Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition and Age of Empires IV Gameplay Video Released

9. Re: Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition and Age of Empires IV Gameplay Video Released Nov 15, 2019, 12:09 eRe4s3r

shinchan0s wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 11:10:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 03:22:
Wow, that Age 4 footage looked even shittier than I could have imagined in my wildest dreams. Glad I'm not into RTS anymore or I would be royally pissed off. Any ten+ year old Total War game puts this garbage to shame. It looks so soulless and devoid of detail. Frickin birds with contrails? Are they cereal? And roflmao at the damage model... the scene depicted here must be straight from the fucking Cardboard Age.

Well done fucking another franchise into the ground, Microsoft. Good job. Huuuge round of applause.

I guarantee it will play better than any Total War game. If you want to talk about a stagnating game franchise...

I assume you never played Total War: Warhammer 2 Considering this franchise is literally on fire right now selling more than ever.... stagnating? Maybe the historical total wars, but not the fantasy ones.

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. Nov 15, 2019, 11:59 eRe4s3r

Ah yes, quality coding at Rockstar.. hah.... as usual, a 3rd rate developer making AAA games.  

News Comments > Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition and Age of Empires IV Gameplay Video Released

3. Re: Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition and Age of Empires IV Gameplay Video Released Nov 15, 2019, 03:02 eRe4s3r

It still boggles my mind that Total War: Warhammer 2 looks better offering a 10x larger scale than a game that is literally being made right now.

But then, hopefully the story and building element will be shown too, because that was abysmally bad combat.

News Comments > Obsidian Reveals Grounded

5. Re: Obsidian Reveals Grounded Nov 15, 2019, 02:50 eRe4s3r

Ah great, another survival/crafting clone.. wow, such inspiration, much wow.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2019, 11:30 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Nov 14, 2019, 11:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2019, 11:05:
Beamer wrote on Nov 14, 2019, 10:54:
Had a somewhat annoying experience yesterday, figure on people here will get it.

My desktop has been making some kind of crazy noise the past several months. It sounds like an HDD going bad, but not if you're familiar with that noise. My girlfriend figured I'd lose data, but I was certain it was just a fan going.

I finally opened it up on Tuesday and, sure enough, it was the fan on my cooler. It was running fine, just very noisy. I assumed it was a bad bearing and ordered a new fan. It arrived yesterday, and I went to replace it. Turns out, it wasn't a bearing, but the plastic bracket used to hold the fan to the radiator. The end nearest the motherboard had snapped, so the fan was occasionally off balance. The fan itself was fine.

The issue, though, is that I don't have the replacement bracket. Cooler Master used to sell an accessory kit for the cooler, but no longer. I'm sure they'd send one for free or a small charge, but then I'd have to wait. eBay has them for $8, but shipping from Europe, and again, I don't want to wait. So I ended up buying an entirely new cooler from Amazon, just for the one damn $0.50 part. And now I'll have 3 fans - the original, the snazzy Noctua silent one I bought, and the one with the new cooler.

None of this would really have been an issue if something didn't wake my desktop from sleep once every 10 minutes or so. It'll only wake for 30-180 seconds, but those were a few loud minutes. And I can't for the life of me figure out what peripheral is sending the wake-up. I guess I haven't tried very hard. It's either the mouse or keyboard, I think, but my attempts to disable both from waking the PC have failed.

Is it exactly 10 minutes or variable.

Variable.
The wake-up event log isn't useful. I don't recall the exact phrasing (and I'm not at home), but it was essentially that a peripheral was waking it.

You know why I asked that? Because your PC going back to sleep is even weirder if it's not exactly 10 minutes. I mean I don't need to become fancy explaining this, put PC to sleep, hit a keyboard key and wait, it does not go back to sleep by itself, yes?

So whatever is happening here is pushing your mainboard management engine out of power saving (Since fans spin up) but not your OS (since it goes back to sleep)

My point being, this comes from the mainboard, not from a peripheral. IF peripheral does errant wake request your pc does NOT go back to sleep.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2019, 11:05 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Nov 14, 2019, 10:54:
Had a somewhat annoying experience yesterday, figure on people here will get it.

My desktop has been making some kind of crazy noise the past several months. It sounds like an HDD going bad, but not if you're familiar with that noise. My girlfriend figured I'd lose data, but I was certain it was just a fan going.

I finally opened it up on Tuesday and, sure enough, it was the fan on my cooler. It was running fine, just very noisy. I assumed it was a bad bearing and ordered a new fan. It arrived yesterday, and I went to replace it. Turns out, it wasn't a bearing, but the plastic bracket used to hold the fan to the radiator. The end nearest the motherboard had snapped, so the fan was occasionally off balance. The fan itself was fine.

The issue, though, is that I don't have the replacement bracket. Cooler Master used to sell an accessory kit for the cooler, but no longer. I'm sure they'd send one for free or a small charge, but then I'd have to wait. eBay has them for $8, but shipping from Europe, and again, I don't want to wait. So I ended up buying an entirely new cooler from Amazon, just for the one damn $0.50 part. And now I'll have 3 fans - the original, the snazzy Noctua silent one I bought, and the one with the new cooler.

None of this would really have been an issue if something didn't wake my desktop from sleep once every 10 minutes or so. It'll only wake for 30-180 seconds, but those were a few loud minutes. And I can't for the life of me figure out what peripheral is sending the wake-up. I guess I haven't tried very hard. It's either the mouse or keyboard, I think, but my attempts to disable both from waking the PC have failed.

Is it exactly 10 minutes or variable.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2019, 10:52 eRe4s3r

That is one of the most amazing railroad models I have ever seen.  

News Comments > John Carmack Working on AI

7. Re: John Carmack Working on AI Nov 14, 2019, 02:06 eRe4s3r

If he can actually make an AGI then he will be the richest person on the planet much like whichever company gets the first fusion reactor going.

But like always in life, if it were that easy it'd already be done.

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. Nov 14, 2019, 01:54 eRe4s3r

1/10

No crying babies
No idiots trying to start fights
No bikes standing in the middle of the path

And most of all, train is always on time, hah!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2019, 11:36 eRe4s3r

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 13, 2019, 11:22:
Half of the D&D article is about trans/gay/whatever people only "now" being included into the D&D subculture. Not only is it blatantly false, being a geek never had anything to do with your sexuality, but it's somehow critical to D&D's "supposed" resurgence. What gives?

The article is basically what happens when you don't know that a world outside of DnD official twitch streams exists. Like Vox Machina, Mighty Nine, Undeadwood and many others. But the article has a point in that 5e did some good things to the ruleset that makes it far more fun to "run" a campaign. It's why I am way more hyped for BG3 than is maybe healthy.

General Discussion > Responsive layout update #1

8. Re: Responsive layout update #1 Nov 13, 2019, 00:57 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 20:18:
Beamer wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 15:41:
I'm guessing this is due to something you're working on now, but:
https://imgur.com/a/iGYVWlq

The forums aren't responsive (old school table vs Bootstrap sweetness). That's one of the side effects. Please, be patient. We'll get that dialed in soon.

I guess we'll have to Can't wait to see Bluesnews evolve. It's gotten vastly better already you guys are doing great work! Kudos to you all

News Comments > Into the Black

2. Re: Into the Black Nov 13, 2019, 00:56 eRe4s3r

Blues hit it on the head.. Simultaneously fascinating and disturbing.  

News Comments > Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes

20. Re: Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes Nov 12, 2019, 11:30 eRe4s3r

That is very true, if a game can spawn a 20 post topic of people listing nearly as many reasons why they did or did not like 1 or 2 then we can pretty much assume that it's a mystery to the devs. I couldn't even tell you why I like Deadfire less exactly  

13865 Comments. 694 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >