Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 13485 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Monitor question Jul 15, 2019, 13:50 eRe4s3r

1badmf wrote on Jul 15, 2019, 12:51:
with the acer you should select the 21:9 ultrawide option. costs about the same as the aienware.

i highly recommend a 1440p ultrawide. gaming and movies are better since they use the full width of the screen. productivity is a lot more viable since the width is more conducive to side by side multitasking. only downside is watching videos that aren't native 21:9. you'll have black bars on the sides.

i personally have a 34" lg with a 3800r curve. at this size the curve makes a difference, though i wouldn't recommend anything with a deeper curve. for reference, the number is the radius of the circle the screen would make if it completed a circle, so a smaller number = a smaller circle = a deeper curve.

the alienware is a 1900r curve which i feel is too deep. any kid of off center viewing will probably be annoying, but i've never owned a 1900r monitor so i can't say for sure.

i prefer VA panels to IPS myself. i've owned both and VA panels have noticeably deeper blacks. people say IPS has superior viewing angles, but i see zero difference.

based on my own google-fu i'd be eyeballing this guy. 35"/VA panel/gsync/120 hz/cheaper than your options even!

if that's not to your liking, a bunch of monitors are discounted for prime day right now so shop till you drop!

Big issue with that advice is that a TON of games do NOT support 21:9, even big titles. If you don't pick in the normal 16:9 ratio you will always have issues, sometimes fixable, and sometimes hugely annoying, like if you wanted to play Stellaris on that monitor of yours

Of course your favorite games might just happen to support it. But considering how often I see "does not support 21:9" in steam reviews...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store
31. Re: Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store Jul 15, 2019, 13:42 eRe4s3r

Ant wrote on Jul 15, 2019, 13:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 15, 2019, 05:11:
Ant wrote on Jul 15, 2019, 02:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 13:14:
You know what else is free? Path of Exiles
You know what is a better game in every regard?
Yeah, Path of Exiles.

Since they fixed melee even I like it... over Diablo 3.

From where? I want!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/238960/Path_of_Exile/
or
https://www.pathofexile.com/game

Like I can't believe you do not know this We've been talking about the pro and cons of this game for years now. Recently they fixed melee to do AoE damage to everything your swing affects.. and obviously this is a huge change, as before monsters could block your swings for those behind them.

Playing a marauder with shield and axe and liking it... already beyond 60
Uh, I have been under a rock and too BUSY with life. How long had it been free and why? Is it forever for now on?

Path of Exile(s) was always free, since, yes, 2013 But it wasn't always worth it to play it.. nowadays I think it definitely is, if you can get over the fact that you have a 10-15m map reset timer and a pretty steep learning curve to itemization.

Crafting plays a huge part in this game, and your best items are probably going to come from you using the various "crafting item" things on normal (non-rare etc.) stuff. Then rolling it till you like it, then you add what you want via crafting in your hideout. (You find these recipes by exploring the maps)

There are a ton of extra features nowadays. My advice, don't give 2 cent about perfect builds, look at where you start in the confusing skill-tree, then go some main stat, damage and resistance routes. Your only primary goal should be to kill stuff and to boost your elementary resistences to 75% (the limit) this makes the hugest of all differences as later, due to the plot, you actually get a -30% ! to all resistances.. anyhow. Just check it out when you find the time, it's free and won't run away

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2019, 11:13 eRe4s3r

Sadly for China, apparently the Chinese have no word for the Streisand effect.. now all I can think of when I hear his name is Winnie the Poo and moron.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 15, 2019, 11:10 eRe4s3r

Logic dictates that everything degrades, but certainly not in that laughable timespan that article tested for (1 year) which included 2 major W10 updates and spectre/mirage... (point is, that is a test you need to plan very carefully)

It would be far more interesting to see this test done with no changes to the bios, OS or driver or even SSD/HDD, but I think nobody kept a system in stasis just for that.

Also seeing Alan Turing on a currency that will be entirely worthless in 3 months makes me sad.

Also, I doubt that article tester used their cards all day every day in AAA titles.

28. Re: Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store Jul 15, 2019, 05:11 eRe4s3r

Ant wrote on Jul 15, 2019, 02:47:
Yeah, Path of Exiles.

From where? I want!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/238960/Path_of_Exile/
or
https://www.pathofexile.com/game

Like I can't believe you do not know this We've been talking about the pro and cons of this game for years now. Recently they fixed melee to do AoE damage to everything your swing affects.. and obviously this is a huge change, as before monsters could block your swings for those behind them.

Playing a marauder with shield and axe and liking it... already beyond 60

News Comments > The Division Single-Player Spinoff Discussion
5. Re: The Division Single-Player Spinoff Discussion Jul 14, 2019, 15:47 eRe4s3r

I am betting 1 cookie that nothing will come of this. Because Ubisoft is all about the MVP nowadays. That's why you could put all Assassins Creed games next to each other and be pretty hard pressed to tell them apart or even name any character that isn't the main character in their "stories"

And air quotes around ""stories"" is maybe even too much of a praise already. Ubisoft does not know how to make good stories.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut Next Month
10. Re: The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut Next Month Jul 13, 2019, 06:54 eRe4s3r

El Pit wrote on Jul 13, 2019, 01:35:
If you already own the game on PC when the Director’s Cut arrives, you’ll receive the update for free with the game’s release on August 27, and it will show up as a new product in your games library listed as The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut. For the digital Director’s Cut we’re making the choice for new purchasers much clearer with new Standard and Deluxe Edition. Because the Director's Cut is a free upgrade for current owners, anyone who owns the base game will receive the Director’s Cut Standard, and those who own a current license for the Premium, Platinum, or Ultimate versions will be granted the Deluxe Edition.

Straight from the kickstarter mail I received as a backer of this game.

I admit, this..
those who own a current license for the Premium, Platinum, or Ultimate versions will be granted the Deluxe Edition.

Says pretty clearly what is wrong with the games industry.

Why are there 5 different versions.

22. Re: Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store Jul 13, 2019, 06:40 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 20:54:
Yeah, Path of Exiles.

I'm in the minority for not liking PoE, but the level resetting after 10 minutes away is a deal breaker for me.

It's actually pretty useful when you want to find certain map events, but I can understand that

4. Re: Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store Jul 12, 2019, 13:14 eRe4s3r

Yeah, Path of Exiles.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 12, 2019, 10:43 eRe4s3r

The real article should be "developers should listen less to marketing and publisher dictated bs"

Because there isn't a single AAA title (or big budget TV series and movie) that isn't bogged down by marketing induced nonsense.

News Comments > NVIDIA Releases SUPER RTX Cards and New Drivers
18. Re: NVIDIA Releases SUPER RTX Cards and New Drivers Jul 12, 2019, 05:18 eRe4s3r

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 10, 2019, 09:10:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 11:43:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 11:27:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 11:20:
NO THANK YOU, I will be using the vastly superior AMD cards from now that AMD has completely crushed Nvidia's performance.

Is this a joke?

Maybe he likes 65db loud fan noises? Don't judge <3

The joke is on you. Built a new system and got the AMD 5700 card for $300, that is $100 less than the Nvidia's overpriced 2060 Super for basically the exact same performance. Oh and the card is NOT noisy whatsoever.

Sure, 26 reviews all saying the same thing vs your subjective perception..

News Comments > Age of Wonders III Free on Steam
12. Re: Age of Wonders III Free on Steam Jul 12, 2019, 05:16 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 11, 2019, 21:56:
I was like SCHWEEEET and then saw I already have this, probably from the last free give away. Blush

Yep, it was already a giveaway on the 10th of May.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 12, 2019, 05:14 eRe4s3r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 11, 2019, 17:33:
Intelligent words from a German politician.
Let me check... Yep a pig just flew by my window.

Maybe that's because that isn't a politician but an independent elected official.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 11, 2019, 11:29 eRe4s3r

That Zoom thing is the very definition of spyware... local service that tricks browser security to be pollable from external sources through the browser sandbox with zero auth or security.

Shouldn't be news that running an active unprotected service on a open port isn't a good idea ever... but that they trick Chrome into linking a request that should go through an API into localhost is another class of scummy development...

13. Re: NVIDIA Releases SUPER RTX Cards and New Drivers Jul 9, 2019, 23:31 eRe4s3r

FloorPie wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 15:05:
aka_STEVE wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 14:33:
did anyone notice the complete irony in the drivers ..?

Nivida announces these new drivers are optimal for Division 2 & boost performance.
- then in the actual pdf notes; they clearly state that the Division 2 still crashes on these drivers in DX12 .

OK, ...so now the game optimally crashes ???

you can't even make this shit up, at this point.

Wow, nvidia seems to have issues with that game engine/series in dx12. I seem to remember they had dx12 issues for months last year in Division1.

Meh, Warhammer 2 DX12 is for 1 year now in "beta" and crashes randomly. And we are talking shaders not working, loading taking 5x as long etc.

So there are certainly more than a few games with DX12 issues.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 9, 2019, 23:30 eRe4s3r

Let's face it, money makes the world go around and NDA's to be signed.  

3. Re: NVIDIA Releases SUPER RTX Cards and New Drivers Jul 9, 2019, 11:43 eRe4s3r

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 11:27:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 11:20:
NO THANK YOU, I will be using the vastly superior AMD cards from now that AMD has completely crushed Nvidia's performance.

Is this a joke?

Maybe he likes 65db loud fan noises? Don't judge <3

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 9, 2019, 11:24 eRe4s3r

Google silently killing a service and api? Color me shocked.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues
13. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 08:00 eRe4s3r

Linux distros also have issues

Probably some regression of standard features AMD "forgot" to tell us about (yet again)

News Comments > Video: First 13 Minutes of Control
2. Re: Video: First 13 Minutes of Control Jul 9, 2019, 00:00 eRe4s3r

13 minutes of awkward walking animation more like...  

13485 Comments. 675 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo