Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12778 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 13, 2018, 15:21 eRe4s3r

Problem is, everyone who had a license transfer and got W10 free isn't technical a customer... so I am guessing MS just doesn't give a fuck.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
6. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Dec 13, 2018, 04:50 eRe4s3r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 13, 2018, 01:31:
So DLSS crops the picture and makes it brighter?

Funfact - FF15 is not deterministic, if you play the same scene at the same day the same way you will get completely different light and clouds every single time, and clouds affect illumination. So I'd bet this was not intentional.

Even so, something seriously wonky is going on with DLSS, like the reflection in the water is PITCH BLACK (lower left) which doesn't happen in the game

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2018, 05:23.

News Comments > Epic Launching Free Cross-Platform Development Tools
4. Re: Epic Launching Free Cross-Platform Development Tools Dec 13, 2018, 04:31 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 13, 2018, 02:57:
Alamar wrote on Dec 12, 2018, 23:08:
This is great, and it's nice seeing the old Epic coming back ; )

Yeah, it is good, although they are hoping to entice devs into using UE4.

Nothing wrong with that. Although I'd admit that UE4 does not really work well with anything fantasy or medieval..

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Year 4 Pass
3. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Year 4 Pass Dec 12, 2018, 08:58 eRe4s3r

Frode wrote on Dec 12, 2018, 08:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 12, 2018, 06:04:
This game is a good example of everything that is wrong with games as a service.
Your post is a good example of everything that is wrong with people making comments online.

I wear that badge with pride

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Year 4 Pass
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Year 4 Pass Dec 12, 2018, 06:04 eRe4s3r

This game is a good example of everything that is wrong with games as a service.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 12, 2018, 03:44 eRe4s3r

Uber eats is a simple food order dropship app no? So I'd say the place he ordered food from is the problem here, not uber eats...

Nevermind me. Apparently this app links restaurant orders with uber drivers to make them basically sub-contracted delivery drivers. I don't get how they make money of that but apparently they don't make enough. Also TL:DR

Also I am sure there is a fetish market for that and they'd be worth some $$$

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2018, 03:38 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 19:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 15:32:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 14:34:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 13:48:
Zyrxil wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 12:22:
Steam sucked ass when they were the pioneers, plus they started out with way less resources than Epic has now. That's not good enough anymore, yet all these publisher started storefronts- Uplay, Origin, etc. still start out terrible and only work up to barely passable.
If they don't come out the gate with all the features Steam already has plus some extra features to differentiate themselves, then it's clear they only intend to compete based on forced exclusives.

Well, that's not how software is made these days. Epic is doing it right: release a minimum viable product, get feedback, and iterate. These guys know what they're doing. It'll get better, and be a lot closer to Steam in a couple of years.
yep

If they knew what they are doing then pulling indies off steam that announced their games already is most definitely the most retarded thing to ever be doing.

Just look at Coffee Stains latest video
Is this the one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXArQbNzvF0
i have no idea what you're talking about

Hahahahaaaa

News Comments > Amy Hennig Getting GDC Lifetime Achievement Award
3. Re: Amy Hennig Getting GDC Lifetime Achievement Award Dec 12, 2018, 03:36 eRe4s3r

Imo one of the best writers in the industry.  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Dec 11, 2018, 15:32 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 14:34:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 13:48:
Zyrxil wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 12:22:
Steam sucked ass when they were the pioneers, plus they started out with way less resources than Epic has now. That's not good enough anymore, yet all these publisher started storefronts- Uplay, Origin, etc. still start out terrible and only work up to barely passable.
If they don't come out the gate with all the features Steam already has plus some extra features to differentiate themselves, then it's clear they only intend to compete based on forced exclusives.

Well, that's not how software is made these days. Epic is doing it right: release a minimum viable product, get feedback, and iterate. These guys know what they're doing. It'll get better, and be a lot closer to Steam in a couple of years.
yep

If they knew what they are doing then pulling indies off steam that announced their games already is most definitely the most retarded thing to ever be doing.

Just look at Coffee Stains latest video

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Dec 11, 2018, 07:45 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 21:24:
To be more accurate, the streamer who was caught breaking the Anthem NDA didn't actually have any EA Origins games to lose according to the company who confirmed to USgamer that they checked and "the user didn't have any other games on their Origin account" and that EA "didn't delete anything."

So in other words he was a useless titwallet "influencer" who was desperately trying to get some clicks by making up complete horseshit.

Yeah, and I even fell for it. Blegh

3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 11, 2018, 03:07 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 21:50:
Equifax breach was ‘entirely preventable’ had it used basic security measures, says House report.

And yet none of the execs are in jail.

And they weren't even fined anything, it's good to be a criminal in the USA apparently. As long as you are too big to fail.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam
47. Re: Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam Dec 10, 2018, 18:51 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 09:58:
HoSpanky wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 08:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 15:00:
Coffee Stain Studios aka, makers of Satisfactory pulled from Steam as well making it a epic store exclusive.

Which makes it a no buy for me.

Won’t slow me down a bit. Satisfactory is shaping up to be an awesome mix of exploration and factory building, and it has co-op. I already have an account from UT and Fortnite STW, so...might as well. So far, it’s the ONLY game I intend to buy on the Epic store, but more unmissable games may get coaxed into an exclusive on there.
First we complain about Steam's near monopoly.
Then we bitch about Valve taking 30% (not that it directly affects us) .
Plus we lament the thought of yet another launcher to install, all the while conveniently forgetting this fact alone does not mean diddly.
And we moan non-stop about Steam's DRM.
But when a competitor dares rise up their head we refuse to buy anything from them ... because reasons

We have become a bunch of self defeating "get off my lawn" grumpy old men.

Fighting exclusivity deals is never self-defeating, it's actually the pivotal point of the PC platform. Choice stops when we are forced onto 1 store and only 1. Steam and even uPlay and Origin don't do this, because they allow key add and thus competition beyond. Heck, even Battle.net does allow it.

Meanwhile, Epic games much like whatever the crappy launcher from rockstar is called don't allow this. They are anti-competition and anti-consumer no matter how much of a cut they take. And all that aside, THIS particular dev LIED about it, stealth removed the steam page and made stupid jokes about it. Don't even care if was because of an NDA, if money talks then I think we should talk money. As in not giving them any.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 10, 2018, 18:13 eRe4s3r

Bill Borre wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 12:27:
ethics risks?

Clearly a headline written by someone with a barebones understanding of the intricacies of the english language.

Ethical impact ratings seem a good idea though, and I kinda wonder where Fifa 19 FUT would land on such a check?

News Comments > Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam
12. Re: Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam Dec 9, 2018, 15:00 eRe4s3r

Coffee Stain Studios aka, makers of Satisfactory pulled from Steam as well making it a epic store exclusive.

Which makes it a no buy for me.

News Comments > More on Anthem Testing
14. Re: More on Anthem Testing Dec 9, 2018, 12:30 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 8, 2018, 18:57:
"Alpha Steamer" I assume that's supposed to be Streamer, but main lesson to be learned here: services such as Origin, Steam, Uplay, Bethesda, etc. you don't own anything that can't be immediately taken away by some asshole corporation.

Well as a German let me just say I hope some company tries to pull this on me Not that I would violate NDA's, but the principle action here is probably not legal if a court looks at it. And NDA's much like EULAs are not necessarily binding.

Also I'd be curious what the NDA actually says.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 9, 2018, 03:11 eRe4s3r

recall2000 wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 02:36:
Ignoring the legality of the "consoles", apparently all the plastic tat in his store can be bought from Aliexpress for 1/2 the price. No Soulja branding, just the same cheap Chinese tat resold at a higher price, dropshipped upon order. Video comparing his stuff against the same products on Aliexpress here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFwbrYCh3Oo. Dropshipping isn't new, but he's trying to big it up with his name. Exact opposite effect on me, but then I'm hardly his target market.

Is it illegal to dropship like this?

3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 8, 2018, 12:33 eRe4s3r

YAHOO email account

No 2FA

OK, I guess if you WANT to get hacked you can do that.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Dec 6, 2018, 22:17 eRe4s3r

Kain wrote on Dec 6, 2018, 13:23:
Companies capitulate too quickly on this nonsense. Here is a strategy that works - ignore them. Whether you're dealing with the left or the right, the various Twitter mobs have the attention span of a gnat and move on whenever a fresh news story lands.

The best thing is by kowtowing whenever such a shit-storm hits they are fueling them more and more. And conversely they are also fueling the opposition, which makes everything even more toxic.

However, ignoring what's posted on your company twitter isn't an option if you have investors

News Comments > The Crew 2 Demolition Derby Update
1. Re: The Crew 2 Demolition Derby Update Dec 6, 2018, 02:41 eRe4s3r

In the worst physics engine on the planet with no damage model.. LMAO  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2018, 02:13 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 12:13:
Saboth wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 11:53:
Rudy is the drunk, racist, ignorant grandpa at the drunk, racist, ignorant uncle's BBQ.
While everyone at that bbq may want to doink their daughter, Not everyone at that bbq married their cousin. https://gawker.com/236952/rudy-giuliani-even-creepier-than-you-thought

Holy shit, how is he not in an asylum?

12778 Comments. 639 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo