Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 13684 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 15, 2019, 03:56 eRe4s3r

Speaking about human-like AI. I don't want it. I want a electronic pet with good AI, that can handle stairs, charge itself, and check and explore various things. Telling me when 1 of my fans is failing in my PC, or telling me I should probably decrease my room temp or the humidity... basically, a house-helper pet.

Human like AI though? No fucking thanks. Humans suck.

Also what is the point of teaching an AI to talk in chat. The real interaction barrier is in the meat world. Which is why no tech company is interested in doing this nonsense when they have the real hurdle of human interaction interfaces (HII)having to handle real time tonal and modal analysis of behavior. When you say AI... what they real mean is slightly less dumb scripts. But a true AI (not even a general one) ain't existing yet. There is no AI in existence that you can take with you on a road-trip and it remembers things it has seen from the side window. Informs you of a fast car approaching from behind and then gives you a good idea what to wear the next day.

So when you hear AI.. the above is what an AI needs to be able to do. And that's still a decade away or more. The push to make cars and support systems autonomous does not require a full blown AI

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch
25. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 15, 2019, 01:49 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 01:34:
The first thing you need to do is close the Epic Games Store launcher after going in-game. A great number of gamers has reported that this has resolved their stuttering issues with Borderlands 3

Wuh?? The fuck is it doing?

It's making games stutter. DUH.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 14, 2019, 07:56 eRe4s3r

Jonjonz wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 06:32:
MS has gotten so big, it simply can't deal with Win 10 in any effective way. Too many VPs concerned more about their career than the product.
This was funny at first, but now that it is several years out (Win 10) and still the same old SNAFU, it's just a case study in corporate entropy.

The problem has nothing to do with size imo. The real problem is that MS has stopped all internal Q&A to save money and is shipping it to basically public testers who.. surprise, get ignored when they raise issues that don't affect more than 99% of people. The issue was raised like all others months ago too. In earliest 190x reports was talk bout cache corruption breaking the search engine (which is a big deal actually). Depending on your setup and even CPU, this can either lead to no problem, frozen (empty) search or even a full on crash of the desktop<->search_ui interlink.

Since then I have a working backup copy of the Cortana cache to fix it whenever MS fucks up, and oh boy, that paid off big time

Best part is MS own repair tool doesn't repair the cache.

By the way, cache is here
C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\

You ever have a weird issue with start menu search? Back the cache folder up and replace it with your good copy when it borks itself through an update again. Because we all know it will bork itself again.

1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 14, 2019, 01:58 eRe4s3r

Uh.. yeah? Said that in the last topic. MS is fucking up hard right now.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released
61. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 14, 2019, 01:10 eRe4s3r

Bhruic wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 21:58:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 21:19:
Creston wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 20:45:
ventry wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 19:57:
Been reading reports of this game uploading at a constant 2Mb/s during play due to the new Denuvo being used. If there is any deviation or interruption the game folds.

Anyone confirm??

You're the second guy in the thread to mention this, so it's certainly a point of worry.

Are they using us to seed others downloading?

Word is that it's the Denuvo copyprotection... Apparently it has to communicate with their servers in order to be constantly decrypting the executable.

That would be an absolutely absurdly insanely stupid way to do it if that's really happening. Like for starters upload bandwidth is extremely important for your ping times given that each packet needs not just the bandwidth but the latency of your network controller to respond.

So I can not believe that's really a thing but if it is then that would explain the performance issues I am reading

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 12, 2019, 05:18 eRe4s3r

So they can't look in a mirror either? LMAO

That's a top 10 phobia imo

1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 12, 2019, 04:38 eRe4s3r

By fixing it they broke my search again.. on 6 different PC's

Fucking A+ Microsoft. The fix corrupts the cache, AGAIN.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 11, 2019, 05:58 eRe4s3r

Gotta say, if a CPU says it boosts to X ghz then I expect that to mean that is the lowest baseline it can boost all cores to at all time on stock cooling in the summer heat... that AMD redefines this to single-core-boost max-limit is pretty shitty.

Otherwise you might call this CPU whatever it's idle clock is and nothing else, because it seems AMD thinks that it shouldn't tell you what the correct realistic boot clock is. That's just... wow.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 10, 2019, 22:04 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Sep 10, 2019, 15:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 10, 2019, 12:33:
Informal slang in a news post.. oh boy. No longer just the guardian doing it eh.

Are you referring to "winningest" ?
That's not slang and has history going back to the early 19th century.

Which is why any spell checker puts squiggly lines underneath it?

News Comments > Anno 1800 Adds Botanica DLC and Day/Night Cycle
1. Re: Anno 1800 Adds Botanica DLC and Day/Night Cycle Sep 10, 2019, 22:01 eRe4s3r

It actually doesn't offer anything on the "Epic Store"

It's a uPlay game, and the version on the EGS isn't an EGS version, it's an uPlay version

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 10, 2019, 12:33 eRe4s3r

Informal slang in a news post.. oh boy. No longer just the guardian doing it eh.  

News Comments > EA Cloud Gaming Trial
4. Re: EA Cloud Gaming Trial Sep 9, 2019, 22:04 eRe4s3r

Can't wait till EA makes this "feature" mandatory.  

News Comments > GreedFall Plans: No Denuvo, No Mods, No DLC
1. Re: GreedFall Plans: No Denuvo, No Mods, No DLC Sep 9, 2019, 11:55 eRe4s3r

Mhhh, I still hope this is in some ways the Dragons Dogma sequel we always want, but apparently never get.  

News Comments > Initial Borderlands 3 Reviews Will be U.S. Only
29. Re: Initial Borderlands 3 Reviews Will be U.S. Only Sep 8, 2019, 23:32 eRe4s3r

Just want to make clear that this 2K doing this, and 2K is well known for being *THE* most retarded publisher on the planet.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 8, 2019, 12:05 eRe4s3r

Aside from war, it seems that EA also never changes.  

News Comments > Falcon Age Takes Off
1. Re: Falcon Age Takes Off Sep 6, 2019, 19:06 eRe4s3r

Now personally I am not impartial to raising a flacon from a baby as long as the baby is non-alcoholic.  

News Comments > NBA 2K20 Tips Off
6. Re: NBA 2K20 Tips Off Sep 6, 2019, 18:03 eRe4s3r

Gambling simulators should imo be age restricted on Steam, to 60+  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 6, 2019, 08:53 eRe4s3r

Ah MS and quality control... the endless joke that isn't funny.  

News Comments > X4: Split Vendetta Announced
14. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 5, 2019, 21:48 eRe4s3r

Slashman wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 08:42:
Well the scary aliens are the AGI(the artificial intelligence that the Terrans unleashed on the universe).

I can't say I agree with your assessment. The lore is pretty rich. They have published novels and stuff in the setting but it is up to your personal taste.

Sure it's rich.. in novels. Outside of them X4 is about as barren as it gets in terms of lore. Or story, or really anything that produces immersion. Or heck, characters.... I have played sprite based games with more immersion

Children Of Morta to make a point ^^

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 5, 2019, 21:38 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 20:58:
HoSpanky wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 16:44:
Itís essentially the curved TV of cellphones. Itís a feature thatís not actually better, just different, to convince idiots to pay a premium.
The only way this concept could work is if you could fold the device to a pocketable size and let it unfold to a small tablet size with no seams or other compromises. They clearly can't achieve this so it's purely a race to claim they invented this tech with the first "consumer" device. It exemplifies the worst part of Samsung's corporate culture.

Even if that were somehow achieved, if you bend an electric transmitter often enough it's gonna break no matter what. It's a fold (fault?) designed to fail and makes sure the resale value of these things is zero.

13684 Comments. 685 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo