Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jon

Real Name Jon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jonny
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 22, 2009, 07:50
Total Comments 494 (Amateur)
User ID 54712

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Penn & Teller Jul 13, 2009, 15:19 Jonny

The kid crying at the end should have been removed altogether (and to think they say they didn't show what happened next and then showed what happened next).

I think they were being a bit disingenuous with that, they don't say why the kid was crying. Back in the 80's before a lot of the firearms legislation in Britain my dad used to own a shooting range and under his supervision I'd fire low calibre pistols, rifles, even an uzi once. I think I was about 8 at the time.

Anyway, the first time I fired a rifle the recoil smacked me in the face with the scope leaving a beautiful black eye and my whole shoulder went black & blue and hurt like a bastard. P&T insinuate that the kid was crying through some kind of emotional reaction to firing the rifle, whereas there's a good chance his shoulder just really hurts.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2009, 10:35 Jonny

It's just a take off of the old saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away." Although why they think they need to encourage teenagers to jack off is beyond me.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
6. Re: Re:Judge Tosses Out Foreign YouTube Laws Jul 9, 2009, 18:15 Jonny

ahhh the poor english... oh how they've suffered throughout history.... who've they ever done wrong to... oh... nvm.

Hey, we started the industrial revolution, had a great part in creating western civilisation in it's current form and were the first ever country in history to go out of it's way to end slavery. That kinda makes up for the imperialism, generalised warmongering and unsuccessful attempts to exterminate the Scots. Sorta.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re:Judge Tosses Out Foreign YouTube Laws Jul 9, 2009, 11:50 Jonny

Gotta love the casual racism in the first comment:
English do have some funny characteristics, including the ones which assumes that everyone likes them and they are the masters of all they survey

News Comments > BioWare on Casual/Mature Games
21. Re: BioWare on Casual/Mature Games Jul 7, 2009, 05:53 Jonny

I'd never noticed the casual gaming crowd until Overlord 2 came out, oddly enough. It's an easy game with a couple of puzzles that can get a bit frustrating, but the reaction on the codemasters forum has been ridiculous. Constant posts asking for solutions to the simplest of puzzles, screams that the game is bugged when people can't solve them. Threats to return the game because they didn't include an option to skip the puzzles, all sorts of things.

It's the first time I've really encountered casual gamers and I can't say the petulance and sheer lack of patience on display makes me glad they're apparently the future of PC gaming.

News Comments > Overlord II DLC Plans
4. Re: Overlord II DLC Plans Jun 29, 2009, 14:49 Jonny

I'm not sure why people bash the PC controls. I've always found them intuitive and easy to use, whereas the controls on the 360 demo were a pain.  

News Comments > Overlord II DLC Plans
2. Re: Overlord II DLC Plans Jun 29, 2009, 10:14 Jonny

Woohoo! Give us more Tower and Netherworld content, it's the best area in the game.  

News Comments > Weekend Sales
14. Re: Weekend Sales Jun 27, 2009, 07:38 Jonny

I'm I missing something with GoGamer? Everytime I click the link it takes me to the 48 hour madness page but there's nothing there but a message saying "Please add your html here."

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2009, 07:38.

News Comments > Blood Bowl Shipped & Patched
6. Re: Blood Bowl Shipped & Patched Jun 26, 2009, 16:14 Jonny

I can't find it on the regular download sites, GG, Steam, D2D. I'm certainly not paying 39.99 for a game though. It's ridiculous, even AAA titles for the PC normally only cost 24.99  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Spore Galactic Adventures
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Spore Galactic Adventures Jun 23, 2009, 11:40 Jonny

players can expect to experience missions with exploding poo, angry yetis, and banana wars

What is the target market for this, 5 years and under?

26. Re: Fusion reactor Jun 18, 2009, 19:39 Jonny

So does that mean that after spending years and billions of dollars building that huge one in California, just as it comes online they've figured out how to do fusion experiments in something much smaller and cheaper? Somebody's got to be feeling like a right fanny about that...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Argos Naval Yard
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Argos Naval Yard Jun 17, 2009, 19:10 Jonny

The game doesn't seem to have a real website anymore. Can't find a demo on the Paradox site either. Guess I'll hunt around the file hosting sites for one.

You can find anything you need here at the developer's forum.

http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2009, 19:11.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2009, 16:15 Jonny

Pretty sure I could still kill somoene with that stab proof knife.

You can kill someone with anything, if you know what you're doing. However the chance of ever getting to do it with one of these is tiny, because...

The knife is expected to sell for around 40-50

Yeah. I'll be paying that, and forgetting about needles, screwdrivers, pointy sticks, car keys and the huge variety of other things I could get stabbed with instead. Honestly I think Britain's gone a bit bonkers. There was a copper here a few years ago who wanted all knives, including cutlery, licensed like firearms.

News Comments > NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate DRM Limit Ends
20. Re: The DRM is still there. Jun 16, 2009, 19:30 Jonny

You have to admire Atari's ability to stay financially solvent when it's run by such a gigantic bunch of cockwallets.

They're just waiting until they can go out in a blaze of glory, taking on WoW with the Neverwinter Nights MMO. That's going to sink Atari like they've been hit with a torpedo the size of the Eiffel Tower.

News Comments > NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate DRM Limit Ends
5. Re: NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate DRM Limit Ends Jun 16, 2009, 14:18 Jonny

Good job. Delay it for a year for DRM that then pisses people off and stops a lot from buying it who otherwise would, then shut it down two months later. I fear there's not a suitable :-facepalm-: on the entire internet for this type of behaviour.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2009, 04:47 Jonny

Man, that tattoo link is rubbish. Just a lot of generalised pish that I often hear from people without them. The "I'll never have a job that pays taxes" forearm tattoos bit is especially annoying. It seems I've been paying vast amounts of tax by mistake all these years, maybe I can apply for a rebate?

The only bit I agree with is don't get one when you're drunk, but any place you'd want to have a tat from wouldn't do one if you roll up pissed anyway.

News Comments > No Free DDO in EU
12. Re: No Free DDO in EU Jun 10, 2009, 13:38 Jonny

Go to the UK and its ~35% chronically depressed rate among its populace and tell us again how happy they are.

Plus we're officially the angriest, most highly stressed, longest working and highest taxed people in Europe!

News Comments > Overlord II Movies
1. Re: Overlord II Movies Jun 8, 2009, 19:18 Jonny

The new evil lair looks good. I hope they've put in more collectables, upgrades and things-to-do-while-not-overlording than there was in the first one.  

News Comments > German Violent Game Ban?
46. Re: Why does anyone listen to prez or nin? Jun 7, 2009, 13:37 Jonny

How many of soldiers have to kill how many American citizens before you admit that being exposed to violence can make a human being crazy?

Way to insult people who put their lives on the line for their country, chief.

And before you cast aspersions on anothers intellect, you might want to practice such intellectual endeavours as constructing a valid argument. 121 killed someone? Out of how many? Out of 200 it would be significant, out of 1000 less so, out of the multiple hundred thousands who've served in Iraq it means absolutely nothing.

News Comments > German Violent Game Ban?
19. Re: German Violent Game Ban? Jun 6, 2009, 18:54 Jonny

you people who think that violent, harsh, sexual, crude, evil, content in games and movies and music have no effect on people are FOOLS.

you absolutely can not poor an endless stream of this garbage into your brain and not be affected. The whole culture is corrupt because of it and it feeds on itself and gets worse and worse.

So by your logic anyone who comes home from a war should be immediately locked up? Because I can assure you they'll have been exposed to more violent, harsh, sexual, crude and evil things than some fat teenager sprawled on a sofa playing GTAIV could ever imagine.

494 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo