Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lord Tea

Real Name Lord Tea   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2009, 18:19
Total Comments 496 (Amateur)
User ID 54690

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
21. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Dec 3, 2016, 03:25 Lord Tea

Cutter wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 12:20:
Ugh, the consolitis combat is strong with this one. Oh well, maybe on a deep discount in a year or so.

Yep. Probably plays like crap on mouse. And since I don't have a controller -----> pass.

USA Freedom* Act

*Freedom to spy on everybody everywhere anytime.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Stretch Goals Add Free Game
3. Re: Wasteland 3 Stretch Goals Add Free Game Nov 2, 2016, 03:34 Lord Tea

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 21:54:
Hrm, did I back this? No it's on yet another crowd funding page and I was too annoyed to make an account. Still, I wish them success, and look forward to playing the game, I just don't know if I want to bother joining Fig.

Same here. As an early bird I backed W2 - $75. Then they decided to throw in ToTN for late backers only and I felt like being punished for being early. W2 turned out average, certainly not great. Decided to back Bard's Tale 4... on Kickstarter. Lowest pledge to get the main game. Now W3, on Fig. WTF is Fig? Make an account to back another 1-2 games in a lifetime? No, thanks. Will purchase the game on Steam/GOG when it's done, if it's good.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Underrail: Expedition Announced
3. Re: Underrail: Expedition Announced Oct 11, 2016, 13:26 Lord Tea

Great. I'm looking forward to this DLC. Underrail is a really cool, challenging old school RPG, unforgiving and hardcore on its highest difficulty level

I got the main game during a Steam sale and it's worth every penny. It's one of the very few games worth of a 2nd/3rd playthrough.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 25, 2016, 18:02 Lord Tea

El Pit wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 13:23:
It's good to see Divinity: Original Sin 2 up there. If it is as good as the first one, I will be very happy with that they have done with my kickstarter money!

I absolutely hated the UI of the first one.

1) It was flawed (meaning: unnecessarily complicated and even broken) to a degree that became punishing for the player.

2) Keybinds were broken too, especially for lefties, and they never fixed those issues.

Because of this constant annoyance I stopped playing the game.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
9. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 11:35 Lord Tea

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 11:06:
I've also seen folks say it takes 20+ hours to get to the end,

Source? "20+" means from 20.0 hours (likely) to 20 million hours (unlikely).

Not willing to pay $60 for a 20 hour title that has a bad ending.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads
22. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads Aug 12, 2016, 07:18 Lord Tea

Okay, found a recent gameplay video on YT (PC/mouse) and I liked what I saw.

linky

Also, performance seems decent on a GTX 980.

Redmask wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 07:17:
You don't get to play any games anymore, do you? Everything is a port these days.

Plenty of PC only titles out there, PLENTY. And, by the way, some console ports a well made, GTA V comes to mind.

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2016, 07:24.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads
18. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads Aug 12, 2016, 04:10 Lord Tea

Since everybody seems to be jumping around in pure excitement because of the announcement that Steam will soon preload this game...

From the perspective of a PC gamer: has anybody actually seen footage of the PC version being played by mouse (not a stupid controller), and if yes, please point me to the source.

Because if this hyped-to-heaven console port looks like a simple console port and plays best with a controller I'll PASS.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 22, 2016, 03:17 Lord Tea

The System Shock headline has a duplicate in the morning consolidation...  
USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 22, 2016, 03:14 Lord Tea

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 10:30:
MacLeod wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 10:25:
I want to back the System Shock kickstarter... but I have a weird feeling about it. Not sure why. Plus they've been vague about which engine actual development will use and we're less than a week out without any actual update on their plans for the VR portion of the game.

Judging by their stretchgoals, I think they expected a bigger turn out. But the engine part is a little troubling, and I wish they'd settle that.

I see the ps4 port as less of a favor to backers than trying to get it onto as many formats as they can, to generate income.

That's exactly how I see it... and reason for me not to spend money on this KS. SS was never meant for consoles and what are they doing now? Delay the release because of the PS4 version that no one even wanted in the first place.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 21, 2016, 02:39 Lord Tea

With EVGA, What You See is What You Get.

On my GTX 970 SSC I even got what I didn't see:

A neutered memory bus, 500 MB of slow as ass crap RAM

... and my decision to avoid NV products in the near future.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale
8. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 9, 2016, 03:17 Lord Tea

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 02:36:
This sale shows how overpriced GOG has become. Or maybe indie gaming in general? Everything under 5 quid has been like that already for ages, the rest is still fairly dear.

Also I guess I will never get used to the fact that you can come out and ask 40 pounds (60 bucks?) for a digitally downloaded product. It`s madness.

Yes, and since sales seem to be generally 10-20 percent more expensive on GOG than on Steam AND game support is waaaaaaay worse on GOG I've been ignoring GOG sales for quite some time. Examples:

Rebel Galaxy is now $11.39 on GOG, it was $9.99 on Steam a couple of days ago.

Certain games don't get updated on GOG. I've been waiting for the latest patch for Starpoint Gemini 2 on GOG and I still am. Even the developers say Steam is the "first priority platform"...

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2016, 14:19 Lord Tea

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 13:39:
I really do hope AMD isn't just cherry-picking its benchmarks, even though it certainly appears they are. Nvidia NEEDS some real competition from them, even if it's not on the super top-end. I'm not going to be buying an AMD card, but Nvidia can't be left alone in the field.

And you really believe Nv is not cherry picking and cheating on their benchmarks? Same shit, different brand.

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 13:32:
The AotS benchmark was not only cherrypicked but if you look closely at the gameplay presentation, you can even see that the game was visibly running at lower detail settings. That was really embarrassing and bordering on fraud.

I guess the point was to show that a Crossfire setup of two 480s can beat the GTX 1080 by 10% while looking worse but not MUCH worse.

Ummm... yay?

The $200 480 isn't meant to compete with either the 1070 or the 1080 but the GTX 980. Purpose of that CF demo: Throw in another 480 and get close to the performance of a single 1080 if needed (for only $400).

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2016, 12:57 Lord Tea

Too bad Vega is still months away and Nvidia has all the time in the world to cash in on the new high performance 1070s and 1080s. $199 for the RX 480 however is a kick in Nv's groin at the mainstream performance area. Looks like Nv won't have anything to compete with the RX 480 on the 29th.

I can't wait to see official benchmarks for a pair of RX 480 in CF. Those AotS numbers are nice and probably real but that benchmark seems to be cherry picked for their demonstration. Show us some other games please...

Some folks on here on BN have already chosen team Green - sure, throw all your money at Nv because this decision is going to cost you, especially if you can't (or don't want to) wait.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Patch
7. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Patch May 30, 2016, 17:33 Lord Tea

CJ_Parker wrote on May 30, 2016, 15:04:
I'm gonna buy a GTX 1080 later this year to enjoy the best possible experience the fully enhanced and patched up GOTY/EE version has to offer by then.

You might want to wait until AMD releases its new high end cards later this year.

Here is why: HardOCP's 1070 review... which tells me that DX12 still isn't properly supported on NV's latest (and very expensive) hardware. I was surprised to see HardOCP, a site that is traditionally biased towards NV clearly showing this AMD advantage. Besides, once new AMD hardware is released prices will drop. Just my 5c.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Memorial Day Mobilization
3. Re: Memorial Day Mobilization May 30, 2016, 17:14 Lord Tea

CJ_Parker wrote on May 30, 2016, 15:21:
ASUS ANNOUNCES MOAR GARBAGE

Awesome.

Dramatically overpriced garbage in fact: Two thousand Dollars for a one USB port / 2.5 GHz dual core laptop. Shocked

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 26, 2016, 18:46 Lord Tea

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2016, 15:30:
Do they still insist on that nonsense of removing your shoes and belt? What a fucking joke.
Indeed. But when they started making me miss my connecting flights I stopped flying in the U. S. - resulting in airfares not spent on American airlines (five digit figure as of 2016). Congrats TSA.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup
64. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup May 18, 2016, 02:41 Lord Tea

eRe4s3r wrote on May 17, 2016, 17:25:
Well you are right of course, 4k is a total niche yet, but I had hoped this might be a "buy it now and it lasts 5 to 10 years" card...

Still.. the 1070 benchmarks are the real interesting meat, since this card is 700$... that's about 300 orks more than I would ever pay for a GPU

Problem is: according to the posted (by NV) specs the 1070 is going to be significantly slower than the 1080 with approximately 2/3 of its performance (lower clocks, 1920 shaders vs 2560, only GDDR5 and presumably a crippled memory bus - NV kept alarmingly quiet about this). Price: $379.
So the 1070 will be slightly faster than a GTX980 but definitely slower than a 980Ti.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup
46. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup May 17, 2016, 17:11 Lord Tea

jdreyer wrote on May 17, 2016, 14:30:
Reference cards are now called "Founders Edition" and cost $200 more. LOL.

...which means that the 1080Ti "reference card" will probably cost you one grand.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > System Shock Remastered Kickstarter Next Month
30. Re: System Shock Remastered Kickstarter Next Month May 17, 2016, 03:24 Lord Tea

CJ_Parker wrote on May 16, 2016, 19:12:
Bumpy wrote on May 16, 2016, 17:28:
'Being made for Xbox One and PC'

That's all I needed to read. I'll pass.

Seconded. This is $4.99 Steam sale material at best. I'm not gonna fund Shitbox development via KS. LOL. The thought alone makes me want to puke.

Agreed. Not going to fund console garbage. Annoyed

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
38. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 7, 2016, 19:23 Lord Tea

El Pit wrote on May 7, 2016, 17:10:
I am hoping that the memory of the 1070 will not be neutered like the 3.5 +0.5 GB disaster with the 970.

You bet it will. Mr. Huang called it a "feature", so it makes perfect sense to keep it. Expect some 7 + 1 GB cripple this time.

Fool me once, Nvidia, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me.

Not gonna happen though. AMD, here I come.

USA Freedom* Act

496 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo