Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Rod Stifington

Real Name Rod Stifington   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Taulin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 27, 2008, 18:14
Total Comments 18 (Suspect)
User ID 54660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Shenmue III Delay III
1. Re: Shenmue III Delay III Jun 4, 2019, 08:19 Taulin

I heard the delay was due to getting the play of Lucky Hit feeling just right.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode to be Discontinued This Month
37. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode to be Discontinued This Month Jun 4, 2019, 08:17 Taulin

People who seem to dismiss copyrights or patents are usually the ones who have never had an original product, or thought, of their own. After you pour years of your energy and time into something, you will understand the need for them. Of course they are abused, but anything as analog as a thought is hard to cover perfectly.  

News Comments > Starbase Revealed
10. Re: Starbase Revealed May 29, 2019, 08:19 Taulin

Agreed. Lot's of potential, or are those finished features?
Building bases and ships. Battle. Economy/shops.
I think if all you have is just the space base, the scenery will get boring. Minecraft has blocks, but it emulates a bunch of biomes and scenarios (houses, caves, etc). This looks all metal. Perhaps planetside landing eventually?

News Comments > Heavy Rain PC Demo
19. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 26, 2019, 17:05 Taulin

CJ_Parker wrote on May 26, 2019, 12:15:
Taulin wrote on May 26, 2019, 10:50:
It's just odd to see a re-release of this game. Curious if the time/money spent to do this will be recooped, but Sony wouldn't have done it if there wasn't some sort of profit or reason, I guess.

Dude. Maybe read the comments thread before making uninformed comments?

Sony has nothing to do with this. The Quantic Dream games Heavy Rain, Detroit Become Human and Beyond Two Souls will be brought to PC by Epic and Quantic Dream. The partnership between Sony and Quantic that led to these games originally being PS exclusives has ended.

“We are so grateful for twelve fantastic years of collaboration with Sony Interactive Entertainment and all they have allowed us to create and produce,” said Quantic Dream co-CEO Guillaume de Fondaumière. “With this new partnership with Epic, we can now expand our products to a wider fan base and allow PC players to enjoy our titles.”

More here.

It's just nice that Sony is collaborating with them on this release, is all I am saying.

News Comments > Heavy Rain PC Demo
17. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 26, 2019, 10:50 Taulin

This game was pretty fun 9 years ago. The graphics were top notch for its time, and style was relevant. Games have further evolved so much, and this game was one of those steps. It's just odd to see a re-release of this game. Curious if the time/money spent to do this will be recooped, but Sony wouldn't have done it if there wasn't some sort of profit or reason, I guess.

As one who got one ending, and started toward several others, I would suggest using your free time playing something else. There is just so much that is better now.

Mega64 summed up this game play really well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP30WYgYiUI

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
7. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 19, 2019, 19:03 Taulin

Haven't read the article because of the pay-wall, but I am guessing the 50k comes from the subscribers, and donations, streamers get during their streams? I don't think EA is paying them 50k to advertise...they barely pay their employees anything.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 17, 2019, 20:46 Taulin

I also read all Chinese game must have distance fog turned off to combat pollution.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend
45. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 2, 2019, 08:23 Taulin

One thing I haven't seen mention is that "Star Citizen" is the online portion and is just the collection of things that is going into the single player game, which has all the focus right now. They make tech for Squadron42, and then push it into the online part, which you see here. They've pushed so much into the online part, they are now having to focus on real multiplayer servers.

They have stated many times they plan to do VR, but haven't gotten to it yet.

For backers, the fun part of this game is watching the development, at least to me. There are so many game systems they are putting into place between ships, fps, planets, etc. This game is WAY more complex than ED. At least the last time I played ED, I couldn't storm out the back of a ship with my friends, and invade an underground bunker...

News Comments > DORAEMON STORY OF SEASONS Announced
3. Re: DORAEMON STORY OF SEASONS Announced Apr 24, 2019, 19:16 Taulin

I agree... it is a strange mixture just to go after a market.

Having watched a fair share of Doraemon with my kids, I can say the series really has nothing to do with this subject matter. Perhaps if there was some sort of adventure, or problem solving element, maybe. But just grinding and building, no...

News Comments > Ex-Valve Dev on Epic Games Store
76. Re: Ex-Valve Dev on Epic Games Store Apr 9, 2019, 08:17 Taulin

Valve should be ashamed of themselves for trying to make a profit. Even more ashamed of having a product that people use and love.

If anything, I think this recent focus on Steam's 30% is a marketing ploy by competitors that are selling a cheaper product with less features. Kind of like Kia saying their cars are cheaper than BMW, so you should drive theirs. It's madness that BMW is charging so much!

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 31, 2019, 10:46 Taulin

But there already is a Genesis Flashback console that has 80 games. Is there something better about this new emulator than the flashback one?  

News Comments > Cyan Kickstarting Firmament
9. Re: Cyan Kickstarting Firmament Mar 27, 2019, 07:12 Taulin

After Obduction, I'm going to hold off on these folks for a bit. That was a frustrating mess. How about they fix that up first, hmm?  

News Comments > Valve on Epic Games Store and Steam Data
36. Re: Valve on Epic Games Store and Steam Data Mar 18, 2019, 07:14 Taulin

For Windows apps, you are supposed to store all user specific data in the 'local folder', which is your user's data folder under documents. I can't remember, but I thought it was protected, or difficult, to access the Local storage of other apps when you do it the right way. Steam says they store the data in the same directory as the app, which is easily accessible. So at least for Windows app, that is the first ding toward them.

Searching through other's files is brittle at best, and should be deemed black hat, so Epics actions should be noted as bad.

EA's launcher already listed games I bought through Steam it supported, so I am curious how it gathered that information of mine. I've haven't seen any news about it scrapping other's files.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
25. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 17:56 Taulin

I think I was more of a sucker to pay $60 for NMS than the $35 for SC.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
6. SC is not yet worth $50 Jun 29, 2018, 09:00 Taulin

Kajetan wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 04:05:
Taulin wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 21:57:
This vexes me. I am terribly vexed.
This is investing in the developement of a game, not buying stuff for an already released game. Its still crowdfunding, not an ingame shop.

Small, but important difference.

The point is the there have been many investment rounds, and the product/goal isn't even done yet. By selling yet more ships, they are asking for their D-round of investment without even fulfilling their A-round goals.

Some people might get pleasure from the current state, and want to give more money. That is totally fine. I guess it is the same as any drug.

Nah, not new around here. Been around since Q1 days, just not vocal, and I wanted to get a smack in on this dead horse. I am also one of those that purchased the basic ship for SC, too, admittedly. Cool game, but far from done, and I, personally, don't see $50 worth yet.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. New Ships Jun 28, 2018, 21:57 Taulin

I don't get it.. $400 for a virtual ship?! It's a digital asset composed of the same code components that make all the other ships. To each their own.. but anything over $20 seems ridiculous for, again..., a game asset.

This vexes me. I am terribly vexed.

News Comments > C&C4 Layoff Rumor
21. Re: C&C4 Layoff Rumor Nov 11, 2009, 09:07 Taulin

Game creation staff are nothing but contractors with an employee status. I am not sure why people are still angry or surprised when they hear staff will be laid off at the end of a game project. The problem is the words 'laid off' are too strong of a term, but have to be used because they are 'employees'. Sure, it would be good to keep a few around for bug fixes and patches, but again, they are hired in a contractor mind-set and those getting into the game industry better understand that.  

News Comments > Urban Legions Launched
3. Re: Urban Legions Launched Dec 27, 2008, 13:21 Taulin

At first glance it might sound like twilight because it is also a web/text-based, but urban legions is far more organic in terms of the story and city responding to how you play the game.  

18 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo