Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lauri Lapinleimu

Real Name Lauri Lapinleimu   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bopper
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2008, 16:53
Total Comments 94 (Suspect)
User ID 54655

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Teases Artifact: The Dota Card Game
9. Re: Valve Teases Artifact: The Dota Card Game Aug 9, 2017, 14:42 Bopper

I love card games but with Hearthstone, ES Legends, Gwent and many others the digital space is already oversaturated.

If someone put a new twist on it, for example if you had a card/dice CCG with a strong IP (something like Star Wars: Destinies) that might work.

- Boppa
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
51. Re: Op Ed Jun 26, 2017, 06:00 Bopper

I know someone who knows someone who worked there who said Chris Roberts kept showing up to work with a new Porsche every 2 months and ordered a 60k dollar espresso machine only he could use poor backers.  
- Boppa

News Comments > Metro Exodus Announced
20. Re: Metro Exodus Announced Jun 12, 2017, 15:56 Bopper

I hope it's not too open world, I liked the focused level design and some semi-open areas of the second one.  
- Boppa

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions
14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions Jun 12, 2017, 08:53 Bopper

I'm pretty sure gear, heroes, etc. will be locked in the start and then unlocked via exp/Battlepoints/whatever which you can buy with real money, a la For Honor.

Unless you pre-order or buy X or Y in which case you unlock stuff right away. I hope I am wrong. If you only unlocked cosmetic stuff that would be nice but I doubt that monetises enough unless you have a healthy player-base for a long time, i.e. Overwatch, LoL.

- Boppa

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers
9. Re: Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers May 19, 2017, 11:22 Bopper

I assume they are getting help from Blizzard on PC port. I am optimistic that they will treat the PC platform with respect; Battle.net is a solid platform.  
- Boppa

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Tease
14. Re: Far Cry 3 Tease May 3, 2017, 17:34 Bopper

Far Cry 3....2?

Or perhaps Killbutt 2.

- Boppa

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
25. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 14:08 Bopper

I'm sure there was some legit reason for this. As a developer there are often times when you can't meet consumer demands due to reason X and Y, especially when a publisher is also in the mix.

That being said, it would be interesting to know the reason why there wasn't a PC demo.

- Boppa

News Comments > ESO: Morrowind Trailer
10. Re: ESO: Morrowind Trailer May 3, 2017, 06:58 Bopper

Yep I would have preferred a more sandbox style MMO myself but as far as theme-park MMO's go, ESO is decent.  
- Boppa

News Comments > ESO: Morrowind Trailer
9. Re: ESO: Morrowind Trailer May 3, 2017, 06:57 Bopper

ESO is pretty solid nowadays. Decent story, nice world, lots of PVE and PVP content. It is free to play but it is very annoying not playing without the premium subscription as your inventory is limited, so I suggest trying it out at least.  
- Boppa

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15
12. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 13:10 Bopper

I remember seeing the physics, water effects, amount of items you can pick up, etc. and being amazed.

I think Skyrim is still my favorite with all of the added DLC and some choice mods.

- Boppa

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront II Details
5. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront II Details Apr 16, 2017, 17:06 Bopper

I wonder how they will monetize without season pass. They will either go cosmetic (I hope) or will lock heroes behind paywalls that you need to grind to unlock, pay individually or buy hero packs.  
- Boppa

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2017, 08:45 Bopper

I'd be interested in a key!  
- Boppa

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Saturday
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Saturday Apr 14, 2017, 07:41 Bopper

I bought Battlefront on good faith, t'was a mistake.

I loved Battlefront 1 and 2 and was expecting a Battlefield game set in the SW universe. It turned out to be very arcadey, shallow, repetitive with limited content and replayability. Derp.

- Boppa

News Comments > KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumors
10. Re: KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumor Apr 11, 2017, 12:31 Bopper

I hope they go back to making a slightly more linear and personal story. Less, better written characters with a focus on player choice. Semi turn-based tactical combat with deep character customisation. No fetch quests or crafting.

From what I saw in that statement, this will be nothing like that. Derp.

- Boppa

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Apr 10, 2017, 17:39 Bopper

Hasn't a Sims title been in the top 3 on PC charts for the past 12 years? I assume it is because "casual" gamers buy the physical version of it while everyone else buys "proper" games on Steam.  
- Boppa

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Apr 1, 2017, 05:07 Bopper

How did we know he was going to kick the dog? It just looked like he ran towards it.

Idk how some people can harm animals, I would feel physically ill if I was forced to kick a dog, wild or not.

- Boppa

News Comments > Dean Hall's Stationeers Revealed
5. Re: Dean Hall's Stationeers Revealed Mar 30, 2017, 14:03 Bopper

So can someone give an objective account of what happened with DayZ? Dean Hall made the mod when working with Arma guys, then spun it off into an early access project that never got finished? Now he has a new studio? Or same studio but working on a new game? Couldn't find this with wikipedia search and am lazy.  
- Boppa

News Comments > WoW Scaling Changes
3. Re: WoW Scaling Changes Mar 29, 2017, 13:28 Bopper

Sounds similar to the scaling in some single player games, i.e. Fallout/Elder Scrolls series but I always liked it when having better gear allowed you to wreck most enemies, it really gave a nice sense of progression in your character's power.  
- Boppa

News Comments > The Secret World Becoming F2P Secret World Legends
4. Re: The Secret World Becoming F2P Secret World Legends Mar 29, 2017, 13:22 Bopper

He defiantly should not of used that their.

More on point, there were a lot of things I liked about the game when it came out and loved the setting; it might be worth another spin.

- Boppa

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Images?
14. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Images? Mar 26, 2017, 06:26 Bopper

I hope they go for something totally different now that their sales are dipping.

Non-linear campaign, maybe some tactical squad combat with orders, choices that matter, etc.

I still enjoy the CoD games as mindless 6 hour campaigns but I haven't payed actual money for a CoD game since Modern Warfare 2.

- Boppa

94 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo