Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Titus

Real Name Titus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Titus
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 17, 2008, 14:19
Total Comments 117 (Novice)
User ID 54639

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released

27. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 16, 2019, 11:16 Titus

One of the first levels in this game is a direct tribute to pne from Shadows of the Empire.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store

18. Re: Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store Nov 9, 2019, 04:29 Titus

Yup. "Champion of Developers" Tim Sweeney's 'Epic store exclusive or bust' for small indies seems to be a lot more flexible to bigger devs / publishers he can't so easily extort.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2019, 08:01.

News Comments > ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN - Anchorhead Raid Released

2. Re: ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN - Anchorhead Raid Released Oct 24, 2019, 04:03 Titus

Arcadish. I wished there were more games like Wings of Prey, for me the optimum in between arcade and sim.

How come there's tons of good car games between cartoon and hardcore sim, and flight has only either, and few as well ?

News Comments > blitzchung Speaks Out

16. Re: blitzchung Speaks Out Oct 14, 2019, 07:56 Titus

Luke wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 06:25:
Political bull has nothing to do in games / sport ECT whining babies
Everything we do is political, even the things we choose not to do.

News Comments > blitzchung Speaks Out

14. Re: blitzchung Speaks Out Oct 14, 2019, 03:34 Titus

Racist gesture in Blizzard (OW) tournament: 3 match suspension. Support Hong Kong protesters in Blizzard (HS) tournament: 6 month suspension.

Every voice matters, just some matter more than others.

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Turning Seven

2. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Turning Seven Oct 9, 2019, 06:35 Titus

Oh, EGS exclusive as well ? They couldn't set themselves up to fail any harder.  

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Turning Seven

1. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Turning Seven Oct 9, 2019, 05:28 Titus

Shame nothing structural has been done about the game for about 5 years now. But that's why we have Mordhau now.

Very cynical of Torn Banner to post a Mea Culpa only after Mordhau became a runaway hit, showing where they went wrong. TB received clear feedback from their fans what needed doing (it's rare but does happen) but kept focussing on the wrong things:

• cosmetic mtx

• dumbing down of gameplay and splitting their fanbase with Chivalry Deadliest Warrior

• reducing the importance of melee in 'sequel' Mirage Arcane Warfare

• Now Mordhau fixed everything wrong with their game and sold millions, they're trying to win back the fans they publicly derided for their feedback on the forums before ? Better make sure Chivalry 2 is better than the last game you erased from your site because it bombed so badly, boys. You're going to need it.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2019, 06:20.

News Comments > Valve Fighting EU Antitrust Charges

19. Re: Valve Fighting EU Antitrust Charges Aug 30, 2019, 07:36 Titus

Read up on Sepharo's post what this case is really about, then come back and apologize for your kneejerk reaction  

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Launches

6. Re: Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Launches Aug 13, 2019, 17:16 Titus

First Trevor Baldree game I'll be giving a miss since Fate, just because of EGS.  

News Comments > Op Ed

21. Re: Op Ed Aug 8, 2019, 11:24 Titus

No one can be as clueless as this guy by accident. I'm starting to think they kicked this hornet's nest with Sweeney on purpose to ride the pity wave for publicity.

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2019, 11:38.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Amara Trailer

3. Re: Borderlands 3 Amara Trailer Aug 6, 2019, 12:35 Titus

Yup, yet more Borderland DLC. Sorry, seen it all after the 30th buds. Without any significant variations in gameplay or story (even Handsome Jack got old pretty fast) it's easy to give this a miss.  

News Comments > Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal

27. Re: Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal Aug 6, 2019, 07:03 Titus

Claiming a vocal minority without numbers is useless, as is claiming people to be guilty without proof.

Have a nice day, troll

24. Re: Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal Aug 6, 2019, 06:54 Titus

What idiot preorders anyway ? Not interested in the least in any hype unless a game has released, MW 5 is going to be jank, and I already played enough BL DLC's.

As for not buying Unreal Engine games, how much straw man can you bring into this. I have no problems with devs using UE withput EGS, especially not since they couldn't know Epic would come up with this shit when they started developing.

What is your actual point ?

22. Re: Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal Aug 6, 2019, 06:44 Titus

I've seen no proof of actual threats other than those devs claims. Seeing the way they already behaved on their blog, reddit and discord, I have zero confidence in them not lying.

This from someone who had wishlisted Ooblets for a year and would just wait until the exclusivity period would have passed to buy on Steam, if these devs would just have handled things better.

19. Re: Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal Aug 6, 2019, 03:51 Titus

If Epic wanted to be honest about being pro developer in any form, they should just start to be first party publisher.

Now they cherrypick products from developers letting them carry the risk until their product shows potential profit, let them carry the burden of going exclusive and breaking their crowdfunding promises, all for a measly minimal guaranteed sales. They're exploiting indie game devs big time this way.

If Epic had to front the cost of financing devs like other publishers do, carrying most of the risks from the start, they could not even afford a tenth of their current exclusive output. They're parasites plain and simple.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Again; Epic Games Store Exclusive

10. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Again; Epic Games Store Exclusive Jul 25, 2019, 16:32 Titus

If anything announcing a delay and an exclusivity deal at the exact same time gives a big signal PG have problems getting the game out the door in anything near a finished state and are probably not going to survive launch without additional funds. Something they're just all too familiar with.

So basically two good reasons to wait the extra year for us.

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage

32. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 9, 2019, 05:45 Titus

People complaining about new Force Powers in this game should get their fandom cards revoked as well, since a LOT of force powers were introduced as canon in Dark Forces / Jedi Knight, much to the chagrin of Lore fundamentalists in the day.  

News Comments > Valve on Epic Games Store and Steam Data

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2019, 19:13 Titus

Here's where you go wrong: As a consumer my computer is my home. If one of my guests (EGS) is sneaking around stealing (data) from my home, it is still theft. There's no defense blaming another guest's security (Steam) that I allowed to hold it while it was still in my house. Any legal issue between the other guest and me is a completely separate issue.

Anything else is untenable. If Valve did encrypt the information, how good would it have needed to be ? If EGS uploaded the information to their server encrypted, and is able to decrypt it there ? Still not theft ? Of course it is.

No one cares how someone has stolen something, if it's clearly someone else's property not intended to be to be theirs.

Look what hackers are prosecuted for if they would do something like that on a corporation's server. Even if they had guest privileges on a system to begin with. The laws are the same for our systems. Corporations just know consumers don't have the clout to make a case against them. That doesn't make it right though.

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2019, 19:30.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2019, 18:36 Titus

Kxmode wrote on Mar 17, 2019, 18:31:
    Instead of a house with less security analogy, I'd use an illustration of putting the furniture on the lawn and then acting surprised that it's gone the next day.
    Even if I did, it would still be theft if you took it. In America, I would even be in my right to shoot you if you tried.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2019, 18:18 Titus

Kxmode wrote on Mar 17, 2019, 18:01:
    Just saying the blame is equal parts Valve's as it is EGS.
    No, it's not equal parts. At all. You're still trying to defend burglary by saying the locks weren't secure. You shouldn't have been in the house to begin with.

117 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >