Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Dane

Real Name Dane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname StingingVelvet
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On December 12, 2008
Supporter -
Total Comments 4538 (Master)
User ID 54622

User comment history
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

News Comments > The Old Republic Origin Exclusive, Intro Trailer Released [Updated]

26. Re: The Old Republic Origin Exclusive, Intro Trailer Released Jun 6, 2011, 23:33 StingingVelvet

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 22:00:
entr0py wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 21:08:
The only thing I care about is if a boxed copy will still require Origin; like if they'll make it the patcher. And it seems that hasn't been directly answered yet.

There is no 'boxed' copy according to everything. Digital only, no retail. Enjoy!

Wrong, retail boxed copy and deluxe version both confirmed on the TOR website. They are doing exactly the same thing as Blizzard and Cataclysm certainly sold just fine.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution

8. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Jun 4, 2011, 08:30 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on May 28, 2011, 23:58:
Since when did LucasArts give up on Steam? Their last game, Force Unleashed 2, is on there.

They gave up on catalog releases. They were supposed to release their entire catalog but only ended up doing two waves.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Patch

26. Re: Dragon Age II Patch Jun 4, 2011, 08:28 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 23:53:
Everyone wanted Origins 2.0, and when we didn't get it, they flipped out.

Isn't that whole point of a sequel? If they wanted to make a spinoff, they should have made a spinoff. When you call your game a sequel, people expect a certain level of quality that DA2 failed to reach.

There is a difference between expectation and judgement though. You can expect a game to be something based on its name, but you shouldn't judge a game based on its name.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Patch

3. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Jun 2, 2011, 11:19 StingingVelvet

Sempai wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 01:26:
165mb download to simply enable some dlc?

That's a big wtf..

Every patch is a complete patch, so the whole 1.1-1.5 is in this. I think that's a GFWL thing. Not a big deal surely, or are you on some dial-up server in Somalia or something?

News Comments > Darksiders II Announced

13. Re: Darksiders II Announced Jun 2, 2011, 11:16 StingingVelvet

Drezden wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 10:47:
I can't say I have any complaints about the first one but thats probably because I was smart enough to buy it on PS3, knowing that a port of a Zeldaesque game would play like shit on PC no matter what.

They have these things called gamepads that work on the PC. They allow me to play a game like Darksiders exactly like a console gamer would, but with higher framerates and better graphics. It's amazing!

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution

2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution May 28, 2011, 00:01 StingingVelvet

GOG have said this new publisher is one of their five most wanted, which were EA, Lucasarts, Eidos, Microsoft and Take Two.

On their forum their PR guy said this announcement is not as exciting as Deus Ex or System Shock would be, thus eliminating EA and Eidos.

Since Microsoft will never join them and Lucasarts gave up on Steam a while back I am guessing this is Take Two, and we will get all the Rockstar and 2K games that are already available everywhere else.

In short: bummer.

News Comments > BioWare on Dragon Age II Criticisms

33. Re: BioWare on Dragon Age II Criticisms May 27, 2011, 14:58 StingingVelvet

Well he listed all my main issues with the game, so that sounds good. Unlike many others I didn't have a problem with the new combat outside the enemy waves and I liked the new art style. Remove the waves and the repeated environments and make choices matter again and I'll buy DA3.  

News Comments > Capcom DRM Follow-up

1. Re: Capcom DRM Follow-up May 26, 2011, 16:05 StingingVelvet

Question 4: There seems to be a lot of supposition that the pirates will instantly crack whatever protections we put in place. One never knows, that could well be true. Personally, I'm not quite as defeatist. One at least has to try. Now, if we promised to "sunset" those protections in the event of a crack being created so that legitimate users don't have a substandard experience to pirates, is that an acceptable solution?

Yes, yes, my God yes. I feel like registering on their forums just to scream YES at the top of my lungs to this part.

I am sure others will disagree, but for me the sole issue with DRM is limiting my access to the game in the future when the company might be dead. Removing DRM after a certain period of time, say a year, would make me never complain about DRM again.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Frozen Synapse

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Frozen Synapse May 26, 2011, 16:03 StingingVelvet

This game looks fun but I am not a fan of the genre enough to pay $20 for it. I look forward to getting it in a sale someday.  

News Comments > Red Faction: Armageddon Demo an OnLive Exclusive

8. Re: Red Faction: Armageddon Demo an OnLive Exclusive May 26, 2011, 16:01 StingingVelvet

I actually like the idea of using streaming services for demos. No downloads, no install and no tweaking for demos, just launch and check out the gameplay. Makes sense to me.

I know others will say demos are used to check out how the game runs on your machine, but since honestly in 20+ years I have never had a problem running a game on my machine that isn't a big thing for me.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale May 25, 2011, 23:32 StingingVelvet

Darks wrote on May 25, 2011, 23:11:
Shipped my ass, you canít even find it in any stores. and as for the downloading of the game digitally, good luck with that one too. They are saying June 24th. Atari fails on so many levels.

Amazon is supposedly shipping mine, though it has been stuck on "shipping soon" all day.

News Comments > SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM

19. Re: SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM May 25, 2011, 23:31 StingingVelvet

Capcom is the company that put DRM on their PSN titles and then those games were made unplayable when PSN went down for a month. You would think that experience would teach them that DRM hurts paying customers, but instead here we are with them stepping their DRM UP.

Insanity.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DiRT 3

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 3 May 25, 2011, 03:42 StingingVelvet

Bumpy wrote on May 24, 2011, 23:39:
Looks like I'll have to import it if I want to buy it.

I'm all for digital downloads but no DVD version at all in USA, wtf?

Becoming somewhat common sadly.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight

46. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight May 24, 2011, 14:34 StingingVelvet

Bhruic wrote on May 24, 2011, 08:28:
I don't blame them, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. If I like fine wine, and the majority of people like beer, companies are going to start pumping out more beer and less fine wine. It's a smart business decision, perhaps, but it does mean I've got less choices for fine wine.

I certainly don't mind people wishing the populace liked different things. I mean Avatar? Really?

What I am saying is silly is acting like Activision is wrong. I see a ton of posts about CoD from people where they basically say "stop making this trash" and that is the height of idiocy.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight

39. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight May 24, 2011, 06:06 StingingVelvet

As others have said, fighting against the waves of "look at me I am superior to others" bullshit, this series is successful and sells well because people LIKE IT. They like the multiplayer, they like the singleplayer, they think the package is worth $60 a year. It would not sell more and more copies every iteration if people did not like it.

Piss and moan all you want, it changes nothing. Eventually it will die out like Guitar Hero and World War 2, but it hasn't yet and you can't blame a company for making more of what people love.

News Comments > Obsidian Not Making Alpha Protocol 2, But it Would Be Better

1. Re: Obsidian Not Making Alpha Protocol 2, But it Would Be Better May 21, 2011, 16:34 StingingVelvet

I loved Alpha Protocol. Sure it was a bit rough, but it offered some great gameplay.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Workarounds

21. Re: The Witcher 2 Workarounds May 21, 2011, 13:37 StingingVelvet

rist3903 wrote on May 21, 2011, 02:14:
No invert mouse workaround. Damn, guess I have to wait.

No Witcher for me until I hear this is available as well.

As someone else said there is a very quick and easy way to make your mouse inverted for you insane people

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues

2. Re: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues May 20, 2011, 13:26 StingingVelvet

So what is the real issue? No one is giving details. What stage of the ED-E quest is bugging Honest Hearts? One of my characters completed the quest and I believe the other never even started it.  

News Comments > Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted

16. Re: Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted May 20, 2011, 13:24 StingingVelvet

If this comes out before Christmas 2013 they are truly idiots. I don't even just mean that from a quality perspective, that I will dislike the game. I mean that from a company perspective... if Bioware rushes out yet another DA sequel then their reputation for quality will truly start to plummet, which will impact sales.  

News Comments > IGN sells Direct2Drive?

2. Re: IGN sells Direct2Drive? May 20, 2011, 13:23 StingingVelvet

First Impulse, now Direct2Drive. I wonder if this stuff gives anyone pause about tying all their game purchases to a single company's whims.  

4538 Comments. 227 pages. Viewing page 65.
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >