Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Dane

Real Name Dane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname StingingVelvet
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On December 12, 2008
Supporter -
Total Comments 4538 (Master)
User ID 54622

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > Windows Ms. 'Splosion Man?

3. Re: Windows Ms. 'Splosion Man? Jul 5, 2011, 14:31 StingingVelvet

Since Twisted Pixel have said before they are only Xbox exclusive for "convenience" and since games like Super Meat Boy have sold more on PC than on Xbox, it really makes no sense not to port these games to Steam.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale

12. Re: On Sale Jul 5, 2011, 00:07 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Jul 4, 2011, 19:00:
On an unrelated note, Singularity is worth picking up for $8. It's very much derivative of HL2 and Bioshock, but those were both good games so that's not necessarily a bad thing. This is probably the best shooter Raven has made in years. Also, no health regen! That alone should be rewarded.

Agree 100%.

News Comments > On The Streaming Infringement Bill

40. Re: On The Streaming Infringement Bill Jul 5, 2011, 00:05 StingingVelvet

ViRGE wrote on Jul 3, 2011, 13:43:
AnointedSword wrote on Jul 3, 2011, 13:38:
Read the law closely and let your brains catch up. Your video games will be safe.
Exactly. Every time I see this bill mentioned followed by unfounded panicking, my head implodes just a bit.

It's not about going after people streaming games, it's about people streaming TV shows and movies (note the sponsors). The courts often do not recognize streaming as being downloading, so traditional laws against the downloading of copyrighted material have not been applicable to streaming. This closes that loophole.

The idea that it's going to be applied to game streaming is ridiculous. If there was a problem, companies would already be issuing DMCA takedowns against such videos on YouTube, which they aren't. That said, adding a clause to the ToS does help to resolve any ambiguity.

Like many things however it's not the specific intent of the bill which is scary, but the wider ramifications that could result.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Patch

17. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jul 1, 2011, 21:13 StingingVelvet

necrosis wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 10:00:
Support for wider than 16x9 aspect ratio displays has been added to support users with non-standard display devices and spanned multi-monitor displays like AMD Eyefinity and NVIDIA Surround.
Does this mean there is proper 16:10 and 4:3 support in the game now?

Not sure how you got that from that. There is full support.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Patch

11. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jul 1, 2011, 07:32 StingingVelvet

It's funny that they fix these issues within a week and all they hear is bitching after the fact. What?  

News Comments > XCOM Interview

4. Re: XCOM Interview Jun 29, 2011, 15:49 StingingVelvet

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 29, 2011, 13:07:
That said, FUCK XCOM. These developers come off as completely lost in the interview. Alien invasion in 1962.. that will reshape the world utterly. They can't answer a single alternate history question. X-Com was an international organization, XCOM is apparently some American guys in hats, no base building, no intercepts, 3 PCs Mass Effect style (their words) instead of 8+, real-time not turn based, etc.

This...thing, has no relation whatsoever to X-Com.

SO FUCKING WHAT?

Jesus.

News Comments > Burning Crusade Free, WoW Free to Play

46. Re: Burning Crusade Free, WoW Free to Play Jun 29, 2011, 15:43 StingingVelvet

Jonny5 wrote on Jun 29, 2011, 14:16:
You obviously are not playing the same WoW I am, No grind at all, plenty of fun quests... Sure if your some ADHD boy rushing to get to end to show off your epics..yea then at end it is grind, But I have played since Cata came out one toon, and I am level 65 today, having a blast doing a lot of fun quests and crafting and other fun stuff in game.

WoW is NO grind till ya hit end game!

I played WoW for 50 levels. It seemed like the only real gameplay motivation was to level or get loot. That doesn't do it for me. On top of that player interaction and impact was limited.

I like MMOs that really benefit from being massively multiplayer. Rather than 25 man raids or whatever I like worlds where every player has an effect. EVE, Ultima Online and perhaps Star Wars Galaxies are more MMOs than WoW is, in my opinion.

News Comments > Burning Crusade Free, WoW Free to Play

39. Re: Burning Crusade Free, WoW Free to Play Jun 29, 2011, 14:05 StingingVelvet

eunichron wrote on Jun 29, 2011, 11:56:
The thing I don't get is people bitching about the game because they clearly don't enjoy the concept of MMORPGs.

I love the idea of what MMOs could be and have been on rare occasion. WoW is just a boring level grind though. I don't understand why WoW = MMO anymore than Call of Duty = FPS.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 26, 2011, 18:25 StingingVelvet

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 26, 2011, 13:09:
Indie games are like cellphone apps. They're cheap. You buy them on a whim. But you never use them.

I'm not saying that to troll, just simply speaking from experience. :\

This is me too, at least when I buy games outside my normal genres. If I get a good indie RPG or FPS I play it, but when I buy indie darlings outside my normal interests because they're hyped or cheap they just end up sitting on my HDD wasting space.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas DLC and Patch Next Month

15. Re: Fallout: New Vegas DLC and Patch Next Month Jun 23, 2011, 19:54 StingingVelvet

JoeNapalm wrote on Jun 23, 2011, 16:48:
Part of the challenge of writing good PC code is the diverse install base. One of the many reasons there's always been a push toward consoles - cheaper to test a game for a single known set of components.

Yet somehow I never have issues with games while the same people consistently have issues with game after game after game. Perhaps it's how well you maintain your PC a little bit as well?

News Comments > Skyrim Map as Preorder Bonus

29. Re: Skyrim Map as Preorder Bonus Jun 23, 2011, 19:52 StingingVelvet

Nice to get a premium map. Surprised there was no collector's edition announced as well. I hope they do one, since I have a CE for Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3. It would be a shame to not do one here.

Obviously if I cancel my current pre-order for a collector's edition they better damn well have the nice map in the CE!

News Comments > Skyrim Map as Preorder Bonus

28. Re: Skyrim Map as Preorder Bonus Jun 23, 2011, 19:51 StingingVelvet

jimnms wrote on Jun 23, 2011, 19:34:
I pre-ordered from Amazon since you don't have to pay until it ships, but if they stick to the $60 PC price I will cancel before it ships.

Why? You don't think a fucking huge game like this is worth $60?

News Comments > Brink Patched

5. Re: Brink Patched Jun 23, 2011, 18:36 StingingVelvet

Finally watched TotalBiscuit's video on this game... actually looked really cool. Since not many seem to agree though it would likely be a wasted purchase.  

News Comments > Windows L.A. Noire This Fall

48. Re: Windows L.A. Noire This Fall Jun 23, 2011, 18:35 StingingVelvet

From what I understand this is basically an adventure game, so it should have had a PC version to begin with really. Glad to see it is coming, that weakens the growing feeling of needing to finally get a PS3.

I echo the common statement though, where is Red Dead Redemption? This is a pretty clear sign that one is never coming, which is a shame.

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned

9. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 21, 2011, 22:37 StingingVelvet

MajorD wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 21:47:
Crytek Press Release: Since we were able to release the console port of Crysis 2 running only in DirectX 9 to ensure it would be able to effectively run on consoles, and to meet the scheduled release date to appease our publisher and shareholders, only while looking onto the PC platform as a major afterthought, even though it is the PC platform that has gotten us to where we are today as a developer and a company, we are proud to release the ‘DirectX 11 Download Package’ for the PC platform three months after the release of the game.

Remember, when in doubt, ‘PRESS START TO BEGIN’.

You sound like a whiny kid sent to bed with no candy.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeon Siege III, PC Control Fixes Planned

40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeon Siege III, PC Control Fixes Planned Jun 21, 2011, 20:15 StingingVelvet

entr0py wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 19:40:
Also, the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance series, a console exclusive overhead hack and slash, was quite successful critically and commercially. If Interplay hadn't gone bankrupt I'm sure it would have continued. I think console gamers would warm to the genere, there just haven't been any decent entries these last few years.

True... that Champions of Norrath game as well from Sony. Any Marvel Ultimate Alliance got a sequel, which I assume means the original sold well. The sequel didn't even come to PC.

37. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeon Siege III, PC Control Fixes Planned Jun 21, 2011, 19:14 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 18:02:
But money talks (which also answers your question above, coincidentally).

Except that only makes sense if DS3 were to sell more on consoles than on PC. I don't think any console hack 'n slash has sold more than PC ones. Consoles own a larger overall market share, yes, but only for certain genres. Hack 'n slash is not one of those.

Well... this kind of overhead RPG hack n' slash anyway. And I would guess their goal was to change that.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - F.E.A.R. 3

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - F.E.A.R. 3 Jun 21, 2011, 19:12 StingingVelvet

Damn this is even more of a console port than FEAR 2 was.  

News Comments > Gaikai's Walmart Deal

9. Re: Gaikai's Walmart Deal Jun 21, 2011, 17:14 StingingVelvet

This is how streaming should be used. Not as pretend purchases on Onlive, but as demos like this.  

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeon Siege III, PC Control Fixes Planned Jun 21, 2011, 17:12 StingingVelvet

My easy going self is just going to plug a pad in and play that way if I start before a control fix comes out. That said it is ABSOLUTELY UNFORGIVABLE to release a PC game with no remapping what-so-ever. The fact Obsidian, a generally PC knowledgeable company, would do it... baffling.  

4538 Comments. 227 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >