Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James

Real Name James   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ichi
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 28, 2008, 23:11
Total Comments 28 (Suspect)
User ID 54581

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > No PC Bionic Commando Demo
10. Re: No PC Bionic Commando Demo Apr 16, 2009, 10:15 Ichi

I can't wait until they stop making PC games so you kids can stop flagrantly stealing and justifying your logic.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Riddick DRM
16. Re: On Riddick DRM Apr 16, 2009, 10:13 Ichi

Lol you dumb PC gamer kids. You actually think companies are out to 'get' you, and target you for some unknown reason. Conspiracy theories and other crap like saying console games get pirated more.

Guess what. PC gaming is a small small portion of the games market. Console games sell MANY times what PC games sell now, and PC piracy is MANY times bigger than console piracy.

Every games developer isn't just lying to you about piracy rates or how much PC games make. That doesn't make any sense, and it reflects your immature self-centered ideals that companies should exclusively bow down to you.

News Comments > Ghostbusters PC vs. Console Graphics
8. Re: Ghostbusters PC vs. Console Graphics Apr 1, 2009, 18:12 Ichi

Lol you PC fanboys will grasp on to anything. Have you seen screenshots of this game? It's far from a modern looking game. What is with these guys trash talking deferred rendering when their game looks like it does?

Up to 64 raytraces per pixel? Sounds like a very extreme case to me.

Why is he bringing up HDR and tone mapping as separate things?

Finally the guy is going on an on about how you'll need SLI to take advantage of these higher end features. Doesn't that sound inefficient to you?

News Comments > OnLive Interviews
4. Re: OnLive Interviews Mar 24, 2009, 23:49 Ichi

Personally 720p doesn't bother me at all, what will probably really suck, if this product ever is released (I think it will actually), is compression. The image quality even for 720p games with gobs of bandwidth is going to be very poor, no matter what. Even if they can get past bandwidth caps, and computers required to run the games, latency and image quality are going to kill the service for most gamers.  

News Comments > OnLive Changing the Game?
41. Re: OnLive a Game Changer? Mar 24, 2009, 16:55 Ichi

Aelith, all of your technical examples are greatly exaggerated. How many people are going to be playing on FIOS and living within just a few hundred miles of servers and have minimal jumps? There aren't more than 20 million households in the US with more than 5mbps bandwidth and very low latency.

100ms or more of control lag in consoles games is extremely rare. People were complaining about Killzone 2's control delay, and that was just over 100ms and that factored in LCD processing time. Even if it were possible to render a high end modern game at 200fps, a typical broadband internet latency will negate any performance increases. 80ms up then processing (the difference between 200fps and typical PC/console render ahead and 30fps will be minimal) then 80ms back, plus display lag, you're looking at nearly 1/4 of a second delay in many cases.

Games simply aren't designed to share assets or physics for multiple clients right now, even in multiplayer. This platform isn't going to have games designed exclusively for it. Additionally the platform would have to already have a substantial profitable base to legitimize just a radical game development change. No matter what, for the time being, you aren't going to have Crysis Warhead playing on a single GPU for more than one user.

It's a great concept for games in the distant future, but this particular product doesn't seem realistic to me.

News Comments > OnLive Changing the Game?
27. Re: OnLive a Game Changer? Mar 24, 2009, 14:27 Ichi

Obviously this will be the first quantum computer. The only way to have zero latency across the globe is faster than light telecommunications. The only way to process the graphics for 10 million users without buying 10 million PCs or consoles is harness multiple dimensions.  

News Comments > Free UT3 Titan Pack Next Month
23. Re: Free UT3 Titan Pack Next Month Feb 19, 2009, 12:41 Ichi

WOW, nice update. A reason to play the game again!  

News Comments > PC Braid Dated
13. Re: PC Braid Dated Feb 18, 2009, 13:35 Ichi

Typical dumb comments from PC kiddies. What's more important? Playing at a slightly lower resolution and slightly lower image quality, or playing against cheaters online and having trouble playing the games you legitimately bought (oh wait...)?

It's sad that some people think buying games is wrong. If it weren't for 360 and PS3 gamers, PC gaming would have been completely dead 2 years ago. You wonder why developers don't make games optimized for PC, but then you consider buying quality titles to be foolish.

You've made this bed, now sleep in it. Braid at $20 is too much? Well don't expect anything like it in the future.

News Comments > PC Braid Dated
9. Re: PC Braid Dated Feb 18, 2009, 00:36 Ichi

Developers pay more royalties to PC online game distributors than to MS or Sony to 360 or PS3 online game sales. Capcom brought this up when Bionic Commando Rearmed came out. 360 and PS3 games cost $10 more at retail, and you don't hear complaints coming from them about that.  

News Comments > PCGA on Piracy's Benefits
49. Re: PCGA on Piracy Feb 13, 2009, 15:42 Ichi

Holy shit wow, propaganda bullshit at its finest, seriously. This is the argument I remember hearing from PS2 game pirates years ago, they said the PS2 was successful because of all the piracy. Dreamcast was easier to pirate games on, and that system did not do so well. Xbox was easier to pirate games on by the end, but that didn't help Xbox either.

I expect future internal strife within the PCGA as hardware manufacturers like this Intel fool argue with software makers like id over if they should use 'piracy is good' in future propaganda messages...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Street Fighter IV Already Leaked... Feb 12, 2009, 13:30 Ichi

Technically it wasn't leaked. The game was released in Japan, and that's what the pirated version is. It's region free. Quite a few people already got legit imported copies in the US as well.  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2
12. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Feb 5, 2009, 13:41 Ichi

It's true what he says, that PC games don't sell well. Even without upgrading assets, you have to program for a much wider range of components, make lower quality assets (not all ports do this), change control options, all sorts of crap.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1943
29. Re: Battlefield 1943 Announced Feb 5, 2009, 13:39 Ichi

As bad as PC gaming and PC gamers have become, I seriously didn't expect to see whining over this release, I expected ecstatic people. Guess why PC isn't the focus anymore? Because you're all idiots and you don't have jobs.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins PC Delayed
23. Re: Dragon Age: Origins PC Delayed Feb 3, 2009, 19:57 Ichi

lol @ all the wah wah console gaming is killing PC posts. Jeez you guys need to get your collective heads out of your asses.  

News Comments > No PC PoP DLC
15. Re: No PC PoP DLC Feb 2, 2009, 22:56 Ichi

Look at all the idiots saying they support piracy now, and other variations of sour grapes.

Seriously, if piracy keeps up like this, the situation is very quickly going to change into "Unfortunately for business reasons we won't be seeing any PC version appear. Sorry guys!"

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jan 30, 2009, 12:06 Ichi

I just think it's odd that it seems like MS actively has been trying to kill off PC gaming. Now, I understand their favoring of Xbox, what with licensing fees and the greater control developers (and MS) have, the greatly lesser piracy rate, and the greater push they can have marketing and shaping the dynamics of the platform because of their control. I find it surprising how MS seems to go out of their way sometimes to make PC gaming actually worse.  

News Comments > Gears of War Grinds to a Halt
12. Re: Gears of War Grinds to a Halt Jan 29, 2009, 16:43 Ichi

Actually I HATED H-A-T-E-D Gears 1, I love Gears 2. Much more varied gameplay, great new areas, dangers, weapons with variety, not being tied down to cover as much, horde mode, offline bots (rare in modern games). However I do hear they seriously messed up the online play, but maybe that's why I hated Gears 1.

I'll admit Epic's games have been disappointing otherwise though, UT3, Gears 1... I hated those.

10. Re: Gears of War Grinds to a Halt Jan 29, 2009, 16:31 Ichi

Gears 2 is an amazing game though, Epic doesn't suck for that reason alone.  

7. Re: Gears of War Grinds to a Halt Jan 29, 2009, 16:21 Ichi

Why would PC gamers WANT to play the sequel after this?  

News Comments > PC Resident Evil 5 Confirmed?
17. Re: PC Resident Evil 5 Confirmed? Jan 26, 2009, 18:01 Ichi

PC elitists have a hard time getting their heads around the fact that a mouse is simply more accurate for aiming, not 'better'. The control is not better in any way, you can aim easier, but you're tied to flat surfaces, using keyboard buttons for movement rather than a more comfortable and accurate analog stick... It does some down to preference.

A high end PC should be able to crank up the graphics in RE5 higher, but it's just image quality. The graphics argument was stronger when PC got tons of specific effects, more geometric detail, texture detail and all that.

28 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo