Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for YourName

Real Name YourName   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname YourNick
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 22, 2008, 21:21
Total Comments 36 (Suspect)
User ID 54567

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 11:57 YourNick

One of the taunts in Sin multiplayer was 'rest in pieces'.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II: How Wings of Liberty Owners Can Claim their Free Heart of the Swarm
7. Re: StarCraft II: How Wings of Liberty Owners Can Claim their Free Heart of the Swarm Nov 15, 2017, 22:04 YourNick

OK in the launcher I clicked view account, then noticed my Starcraft 2 level is already heart of the storm, even though I only purchased wings of liberty many years ago. I did click on a gift or 2 like a week ago, perhaps this is what it was, just a tad early. I was worried, though I had the CD and box, I couldn't find the CD case with the CD key label on it.  

News Comments > StarCraft II: How Wings of Liberty Owners Can Claim their Free Heart of the Swarm
5. Re: StarCraft II: How Wings of Liberty Owners Can Claim their Free Heart of the Swarm Nov 15, 2017, 21:47 YourNick

I click on view gifts but says I have no gifts.  

3. Re: StarCraft II: How Wings of Liberty Owners Can Claim their Free Heart of the Swarm Nov 15, 2017, 21:39 YourNick

I bought the original Starcraft 2 many years ago, but I don't see an upgrade gift option for heart of the swarm.  

News Comments > 3D Realms Build Game Beta Testing
20. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 6, 2017, 09:59 YourNick

It was pretty awesome when it came out, 6 months before Quake 1, though Quake 1 was the first without the y-shearing hack for pitching and truly fully 3D, like Descent a year prior. Heretic added pitch control, Hexen added jump, then Duke added ducking and what are basically large teleporters (like pools.) Lots of neat effects like mirrors and shrink rays.

GZDoom is a very good Doom engine source port, would be nice if there was a good one for Duke, not sure if EDuke is still being worked on.

News Comments > 3D Realms Build Game Beta Testing
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 6, 2017, 09:40 YourNick

The build engine is sort of a hack. Even with duke nukem 20th anniversary upgraded engine you still can't pitch straight up where the top half of the screen is what's behind you, though you can in Doom source ports such as GZDoom. The rooms on top of rooms is a hack, when you emerge from underwater you're actually teleporting to another room.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 25, 2017, 19:55 YourNick

Hopefully they start selling these headsets soon, with double the horizontal FOV of Oculus and Vive.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 15, 2017, 22:43 YourNick

Seems to me that the CS crowd is moving to PU Bat, the next new thing in realistic modern combat.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 15, 2017, 22:40 YourNick

Once you go 4K, there's no going back. I'll wait, 4k@60fps is good enough for now. In a few years I'm sure there will be 4k@165fps displays, and GPUs that can adequately power them.  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
1. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 15, 2017, 22:38 YourNick

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_64
"It is listed in the Guinness World Records as the highest-selling single computer model of all time"

What a colossal failure!

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 14, 2017, 19:33 YourNick

Lots of these tech companies flocking to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_Docks#Corporate_tax_incentive to minimize their tax payments, along with many other tax evading strategies.

Maybe due to the current administration's planned crackdown on hiring cheaper foreign labor via H1B visas they decided to help train more US workers.

News Comments > More VR Resources from Valve
5. Re: More VR Resources from Valve Oct 10, 2017, 09:28 YourNick

Ya VR sets really need higher resolution, 4K at least. So that would be 4K in all six directions (forw,back,left,right,up,down.) Perhaps one of these manufacturers will deliver soon.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 7, 2017, 13:17 YourNick

Two wrongs don't make a right. Samsung still has headphone jacks.  

News Comments > Battle.net App Social Features in Beta
2. Re: Battle.net App Social Features in Beta Oct 7, 2017, 13:16 YourNick

I don't see beta anything in app settings. Perhaps it was auto-updated, what version is this beta?

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2017, 16:22.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2017, 09:30 YourNick

I don't care for the idea of DPI switching. DPI should always be at the highest to yeild more control. What should be switched is how much turning should be done per high resolution dot. I had a zoom script in Quake where the lower the fov the lower the turn speed, something like 3-4 levels.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 6, 2017, 01:01 YourNick

Gigabit internet speed (like with Cox) is pointless with the very low data caps. 1 gigabit = 125 megabytes = 1/8000 of 1 terabyte. So you only get 8000 seconds of 1 gigabit/s speeds before you run out. 8000s = 2.22hrs per month.

No data cap 300megabit/sec blows that out of the water. Only 6.66hrs and you can download 1 terabyte. Now how many 6.66hrs are there per month? About 108, so you can download 108 times more data with capless 300megabits/sec!

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2017, 08:25.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 4, 2017, 22:43 YourNick

Still has input lag.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 23, 2017, 17:05 YourNick

The umbrella term VR (Virtual Reality) isn't very descriptive. What they should say is stereoscopic (offset 'points of view' for each eye.)

Says 180, but most HMD (head mounted displays) only show 110 degrees. So can you look 35 degrees to the right and left to see everything?

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2017, 09:55 YourNick

Planet is already moving around the Sun, and the Sun is moving around the Galaxy.  

News Comments > WoW Scaling Changes
8. Re: WoW Scaling Changes Mar 29, 2017, 19:35 YourNick

robdot wrote on Mar 29, 2017, 18:24:
Makes the whole thing seem pointless.
Also,if I get 5 percent stronger,and the world gets 3 percent stronger,,um,,,then I haven't gotten 5 percent stronger. 5-3=2
Indeed, 5% stronger than what?

36 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo