Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for caralimon

Real Name caralimon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname caralimon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 5, 2008, 22:29
Total Comments 14 (Suspect)
User ID 54508

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

General Discussion > Account deleting
1. Account deleting Dec 29, 2016, 11:51 caralimon

There seems to be no option to do it in the website, how should I go about deleting my account from BluesNews? Thanks.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOUBLE DRAGON IV Next Month
7. Re: DOUBLE DRAGON IV Next Month Dec 26, 2016, 16:43 caralimon

So that's how the game will look like, then? At first I assumed the video showed historic footage , like I think Blue did.

Merry Christmas season, by the way.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2016, 13:45 caralimon

Hopefully Amazon hasn't taken over US society yet.

News Comments > Trials Fusion: Awesome Level Max Announced
1. Re: Trials Fusion: Awesome Level Max Announced Jun 16, 2015, 10:00 caralimon

This trailer promotes this by showing a cat with a golden gun riding a unicorn through a field of exploding rainbows. Before you call the asylum to report us, please note that was a literal description of the clip.

Thanks for this Blue, you made my day. Gotta say you're spot-on and hilarious at the same time today ^^

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Global Launch Begins
22. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Global Launch Begins Jun 25, 2013, 03:54 caralimon

Flo wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 02:09:
So in one of the closed beta versions there was a bug which caused an ugly stuttering of the engine when the textures were anything but low on my 3 GB geforce 555m gt. -> Uninstalled. Any impressions on the latest version?

I had the exact same issue. Only with the later open Beta updates it was there EVEN with ugly textures set to minimum quality. 2 GB GeForce GT 555M here.

Plenty of people suffered this issue, mostly Nvidia users AFAIK. I posted about it in the (now closed) sega closed beta forum and the official response was "GT 555M is a shitty card on the level of an old 8800GT, so deal with it". Not that language of course, but that was the point.

Last time i checked ( a few days ago) the open beta scrolling around was still a stuttering mess, on top of the -horrible- overall performance.

So I'd say wait for the unlikely demo, or a throughly patched and cracked release to test it out before buying.

The release pricing and DLC plethora is a huge clusterfuck anyway.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2011, 14:34 caralimon

Happy Thanksgiving! We don't celebrate thanksgiving here, but i'm thankful and i thank you (and all the BluesNews "team") for giving us the N. 1 (IMHO) video gaming news site in the web.

So thanks, and have a nice holiday american Bluesnews-reading-thanks-givers!

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway Continues
20. Re: Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway Continues Apr 27, 2011, 13:28 caralimon

Hey, i could use a key as well!  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2010, 15:50 caralimon

Oh geee, i actually remember reading this OotB back in the day, i can't believe it's been 8 years already . I can't think of any other website i've been visiting on a daily basis this long .

As others have said, OotB is just another one of the reasons i visit Bluesnews everyday, it's like a reality check for me in between all the web, blogging and videogames madness .

You rock Blue, keep up the good work!

35. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2010, 19:51 caralimon

My condolences  

News Comments > Command & Conquer 4 Announced
12. Beware Jul 9, 2009, 21:21 caralimon

As a RA3 online player almost from its launch, i warn you. Game shipped bugged and highly imbalanced, and 9 months later it's still buggy and with balance problems. Patches have been scarce, mostly disappointing and took too long launch.

EA has had the stupid habit of overbuffing and overnerfing units and whole factions, so tactics that worked in last patch without being OP are no longer effective next patch, for no apparent reason. Besides, they've taken very long time to make the smallest changes.

For example, last patch (1.11) is flawed due to a unit getting a armor buff from 25% to 65%, where it was to be from 25% to 35% (balance-breaking). All they need to hot-fix that is to change two digits in an XML file (a modder can do it in under a minute), but it's taking them 2 weeks and counting to release the hot-fix Angry . And it'll probably be the last patch.

Beware, EA doesn't care about C&C, or just making a good RTS, all they care is about your money.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2009, 21:23.

News Comments > Red Alert 3 DL Add-on Nears
18. Re: Red Alert 3 DL Add-on Nears Jan 8, 2009, 18:20 caralimon

More info from official forum (which is burning right now BTW):

-They haven't ruled out a later retail version yet.

-No multiplayer nor Cooperative play. Skirmish only.

-Single player focused. I guess they saw people's disappointment with RA3 original campaigns and how Cooperative focused mission design hurt the lone player experience and thought on selling a "proper" solo game. This feels like Bonus Content for those 20$ spare dollars in your pocket.

-Standalone expansion. No RA3 needed to play. I fail to see how anyone who hasn't played RA3 campaigns would want to play this from "where the original game leaves off".

The whole thing makes absolute no sense to me. Seeing how multiplayer focused RA3 is, I just can't understand how they want people to pay for an online distributed "xpandalone" that has NO online functionality.

Starcraft II episodic release seems divine-inspired compared to this.

News Comments > Red Alert 3 DL Add-on Nears
16. Re: Red Alert 3 DL Add-on Nears Jan 8, 2009, 17:14 caralimon

Digital Distribution? EA Store? The same EA store that still charges 46€ for RA3 when you can get it for less than 20€-£ from UK retail stores?
Six months download limit? No discount for RA3 owners? Laugh

Not even 3 months from RA3 release, with bugs and balance problems still needing patching and they already announce an STANDALONE expansion, out in 3 months?

Kane's Wrath took a full year to be developed and released after C&C3 and still was bugged and imbalanced (according to users, never liked C&C3 so didn't try it).

Do EA still want us to think they really care about existing customers in the long term? Better talk about milking the cow.

BTW, I think RA3 faction/general design and gameplay mechanics are quite good (as opposed to C&C3) but they just haven't taken enough time to polish it, campaigns missions for example feel bland, generic and unchallenging. I'd rather replay RA2 campaigns than RA3's.

On a side note Uprising preorder already available in EA Store for 20€ for those still interested.

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Dev: PC Piracy a "Huge Concern"
9. Re: Red Alert 3 Dev: PC Piracy a Nov 5, 2008, 17:49 caralimon

"If you give people a reason to buy the game they'll buy it".

Yeah, that's why they've disabled LAN Cooperative Campaign, ¿huh? (you can only play cooperative campaign online FYI)

He mentions the music industry... People can listen to some album songs in the radio or whatever before buying the whole album... ¿Have they released a fu**ing DEMO in order to people at least try a mission or two of the game? I'll let you answer that, NO, they haven't.

I've been asking wether or not they will release a demo on the official forums for weeks and still no official answer, by now i'm not expecting it.

They offered a closed-then-opened beta for a very limited amount of time and users, and was full of bugs and CTDs. And then a bunch of promotion videos, that's it. Still, I bet they're selling copies as cakes, and still they complain about piracy...

Look, if you don't want potential buyers to download a cracked version, release a demo so they don't have to torrent it to try it.

14 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo