Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Frode

Real Name Frode   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 26, 2008, 11:54
Total Comments 59 (Suspect)
User ID 54478

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly
20. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Oct 22, 2016, 07:00 Frode

The thing that struck me when reading this news item was, "This game has its own yearly convention. The developers host an 'anniversary livestream'. And the game's not even remotely close to release. They're literally celebrating that they're still making the thing."

You can say a lot about Star Citizen, but there's no denying the development of it is quite a phenomenon.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia III Patched
26. Re: Mafia III Patched Oct 10, 2016, 07:54 Frode

Jerykk wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 22:37:
Much of Mafia 3 is comprised of completing various activities to expand the rackets of each of your underbosses. These are essentially side-missions that take place in the open-world. They range from interrogating people, assassinating people, destroying cargo, stealing cargo, rescuing people, stealing vehicles, etc. In addition, there are junction boxes that you can wiretap to expose POIs on the map and tons of collectibles to find.

There's no shortage of things to do in Mafia 3, especially when compared to the previous games.

I'm likely in the minority, but that's what turned me off Mafia 3. I'm so tired of the open world concept in gaming, with endlessly repetitive tasks to fill out the time. I would much rather have a 15 hour focused game.

At least I can still look forward to Dishonored 2. It looks like they have avoided the temptation of open world with that one.

News Comments > GeForce Driver Warning
33. Re: GeForce Driver Warning Mar 9, 2016, 03:01 Frode

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 02:33:
My question is how the fuck did this even get to WHQL. Seems that there's some rather serious problems if it made it this far with this many bugs.
My guess would be that WHQL focuses on the driver itself, less on the installation script (which is apparently what was at fault in this case).

News Comments > On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues
7. Re: On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues Feb 20, 2016, 15:52 Frode

As long as they fix it by the first 50% sale, I'm happy.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month
15. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Jan 30, 2016, 15:51 Frode

If you want to lock in both games for the lowest possible price, consider pledging before this deadline.
That's ok, I think I'll wait until either game is released before giving you any money.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Patches Out P2W
5. Re: Tribes: Ascend Patches Out P2W Dec 11, 2015, 05:02 Frode

DangerDog wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 02:16:
Booted it up once and didn't like what they did to the movement, why couldn't they just leave it the way it was from Tribes 1 and 2.
You can't really lump T1 and T2 together like that. They were worlds apart when it came to movement (until T2 Classic). Or are you talking about something Ascend does different that is in fact identical between T1 and T2? I only played Ascend for an hour or two years ago, so I can't remember how that game "felt".

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Rumor Fuel
17. Re: Half-Life 3 Rumor Fuel Dec 7, 2015, 06:41 Frode

InBlack wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 03:01:
Yeah getting too old to give much of a fuck. However I don't think I can honestly say "I don't care" and post in this thread. If HL3 ever rears its ugly head from the pits of Valve's underbelly, I would probably be quite interested in checking it out.
My guess for a number of years now has been that HL3 is waiting for a technology discovery/idea. HL2 was all about integrating physics into the game experience, HL3 won't show up until it can be built around a technology that offers something new (or someone comes up with a novel use of existing tech). VR might be the ticket, if they have ideas on how to make it something more than just "an FPS in VR".

News Comments > Starsiege and TRIBES Free Games
21. Re: Starsiege and TRIBES Free Games Oct 31, 2015, 11:23 Frode

There's a TribesHD pack around which does work and has a lot of fixes when it comes to supported resolutions and such. I highly recommend tracking it down.

I'll admit I only use it to view .rec files from the glory days, but still.

News Comments > Starsiege and TRIBES Free Games
11. Re: Starsiege and TRIBES Free Games Oct 30, 2015, 14:18 Frode

Egads, Tribes. My fondest gaming memories ever are from that game. The only game I ever spent enough time on to honestly state I was above average.

Community toxicity wasn't quite invented yet. Sure, the Americans were all cocky when trying their hand on the EU ladder, but it was mostly for show, and even they were gracious in defeat.

Great people, amazing game. Good times.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta This Month
9. Re: Overwatch Beta This Month Oct 15, 2015, 04:22 Frode

InBlack wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 02:45:
Why does EU always get the short end of the stick??
My guess would be for practical reasons. Assuming the main development staff for the project is US based, it makes sense to start testing on US based server infrastructure as well. For time zone reasons, if nothing else.

This is the first competitive game I've wanted to try since Tribes back in the late 90s, so I'm looking forward to when it finally arrives.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce Share Beta
1. Re: NVIDIA GeForce Share Beta Sep 16, 2015, 10:27 Frode

The feature I want: The ability to turn on shadowplay in desktop mode, but have it only activate when detecting the processes/games I define.

So many games run in borderless windows instead of full screen these days, and enabling desktop capture to compensate for that means shadowplay runs continuously, which heats up my GPU just enough for the fans to start.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Adding Another Race
11. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Adding Another Race Sep 7, 2015, 12:09 Frode

harlock wrote on Sep 7, 2015, 10:47:
Frode wrote on Sep 7, 2015, 10:36:
It depends on what that entails.

WHOA! get Jack Handey on the phone

thats some deep thought right there

I can appreciate how the proper use of things like punctuation and capital letters might strike you as requiring deep thought. However, I was simply pointing out that I do not have sufficient information to judge the likely development time of the feature in question, but that it's entirely feasible the price tag could be justified.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Adding Another Race
9. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Adding Another Race Sep 7, 2015, 10:36 Frode

bobbyric wrote on Sep 6, 2015, 17:02:
stretch goals are pretty crappy, like it takes them $150,000 to add racial skills lol
It depends on what that entails. $150,000 equals maybe two people for a year? If a handful of people are involved in brain storming, designing, creating assets, balancing, coding and testing over a period of a few months, that's the cash used up right there.

Of course, if "racial skills" equals one unique perk per race, and there are two races, I'm with you..

News Comments > Steam Top Nine
10. Re: Steam Top Nine Sep 6, 2015, 17:04 Frode

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 6, 2015, 12:12:
So I guess we've over the whole 'Konami is the Devil' phase, eh?
I didn't get a say in the matter, it came bundled with the graphics card.

I think it's fairly fun, though. Not a game I would've bought otherwise, but happy with it as a bundle offer (thank goodness I didn't buy earlier and ended up with Arkham Knight).

News Comments > Trove Attracts 1M Users
8. Re: Trove Attracts 1M Users Aug 19, 2015, 07:18 Frode

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 19:28:
Axis we get it, how about ya let Trove have it's moment in the sun?
Grammar police tip: not sure when to use "its" or "it's"? Rewrite "it's" to "it is". If it sounds like crap, you should probably have used "its". For example "let Trove have it is moment in the sun".

News Comments > SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10
23. Re: SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10 Aug 18, 2015, 03:11 Frode

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 20:00:
They cannot stop you from running pirated copies of any software, because there is no possible way for them to discern the legitimate from the illegitimate, presuming the crack actually works.
As you said in the previous paragraph, cracks are made to fool the game/application, not the operating system. While the cracked application or game could not detect it has been modified, Windows certainly could.

Having said that, I agree that the whole discussion is about nothing but FUD.

News Comments > Prison Architect Breaks Out in October
3. Re: Prison Architect Breaks Out in October Jul 30, 2015, 10:39 Frode

They really should have started calling this a beta once it became feature complete when gangs were added. Instead, they seem to be going straight from alpha to release. Granted, only in name, but still. Introversion surely knows the difference between an alpha and a beta, and should do their part to not cause people to start using them as synonyms.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to giving the game another go. I played it early on, loved the premise, and then put it on the shelf awaiting completion (as I tend to do when I buy early access games). According to Steam I put 10 hours into it, so it was worth it even back then.

News Comments > Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions
1. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 28, 2015, 18:23 Frode

After clicking through a few levels worth of links to find a list of apparent differences between it and "regular" Minecraft, I can't see a single thing worthy of my interest. Actually, I can't see much difference at all. One point lists stuff that's been there for years (e.g. chicken, boats). Another "will arrive soon after launch."

The correct name for this seems to be "Minecraft, now available in Window store".

News Comments > Grey Goo Free DLC
2. Re: Grey Goo Free DLC Jun 10, 2015, 10:55 Frode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 10:31:
I'm not interested in it for that much
Same for me. It's on my wishlist and I'll pick it up once it gets a decent discount or I somehow manage to play my way through my Steam backlog.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale in Spring?
15. Re: Steam Summer Sale in Spring? May 30, 2015, 08:25 Frode

clint wrote on May 29, 2015, 20:56:
a small petty nitpick but i wish they had another name than 'summer' sale since alot of the world will not be entering summer in june.
Most of the world won't, but most of its people will. Unless Google has failed me, about 90% of the world's population live in the northern hemisphere. I don't know how closely Steam's usage correlates, but I can't come up with a good reason it would be skewed in favor of the southern hemisphere.

Having said that, I don't see why Steam couldn't localize the name of the sale. Shouldn't be much of a challenge with today's IP geolocation.

59 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo