Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phill

Real Name Phill   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Philll
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Hi.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 30, 2008, 02:36
Total Comments 10 (Suspect)
User ID 54391

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Alekhine's Gun Released
3. Re: Alekhine's Gun Released Mar 12, 2016, 22:34 Philll

Not only will the game appeal to Death of Spies fans

Seriously?

As a fan, they butchered this new one. Even their second game feels more polished than this.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
26. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 09:43 Philll

Shineyguy wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 09:37:
Philll wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 09:30:
Slick wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 08:16:
Philll wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 02:21:
Slick wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 23:32:
Philll wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 22:33:
Nice! The record for Ubi's sales records and 'naive purchasing decisions' were broken on the same day.

How ironic.

Open beta for a full weekend across all platforms showing off a sizable portion of the finished product 2 weeks before launch. Or you know, those "naive" buyers.

Yet people are giving it average to negative reviews everywhere that a collective score can be gathered.

I really don't have the time to explain how 0.001% of players review-bombing on metacritic doesn't amount to jack shit.

But here something you can take with you, this forum. The vast majority of players in this thread who have actually played the game tend to enjoy it. In fact, that rings true for pretty much every Div thread on this board since it was playable.

u mad?

It's currently sitting on 64% on Steam with over 3000 votes of the ~7000 being negative.

I suppose these 3000 people are representative of nothing? Or 0.0001%? Or they all bought the game for ~$60 just so they could shit on it? Let me guess; "Steam reviews don't matter", or "those people just have launch issues!"

You know what else had the same score and launch issues? FC Primal. Another Ubishit title. How's that doing with the user base? Still in the 60s after 10 days?

I can taste the regret in every one of those reviews. Especially when they state what everyone knew even before the beta was released. It's delicious.

If you actually READ those reviews, many of them ARE bullshit. Complaining about things that aren't reality.

If I actually read ~7800 reviews?

Okay, I'll get right on it.

If a lot of negative ones are bullshit, then surely positive ones are too? Or are we in that 'only positive things are acceptable!' grey area that a lot of gamers seem to live in?

23. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 09:30 Philll

Slick wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 08:16:
Philll wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 02:21:
Nice! The record for Ubi's sales records and 'naive purchasing decisions' were broken on the same day.

How ironic.

Open beta for a full weekend across all platforms showing off a sizable portion of the finished product 2 weeks before launch. Or you know, those "naive" buyers.

Yet people are giving it average to negative reviews everywhere that a collective score can be gathered.

I really don't have the time to explain how 0.001% of players review-bombing on metacritic doesn't amount to jack shit.

But here something you can take with you, this forum. The vast majority of players in this thread who have actually played the game tend to enjoy it. In fact, that rings true for pretty much every Div thread on this board since it was playable.

u mad?

It's currently sitting on 64% on Steam with over 3000 votes of the ~7000 being negative.

I suppose these 3000 people are representative of nothing? Or 0.0001%? Or they all bought the game for ~$60 just so they could shit on it? Let me guess; "Steam reviews don't matter", or "those people just have launch issues!"

You know what else had the same score and launch issues? FC Primal. Another Ubishit title. How's that doing with the user base? Still in the 60s after 10 days?

I can taste the regret in every one of those reviews. Especially when they state what everyone knew even before the beta was released. It's delicious.

13. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 02:21 Philll

How ironic.

Which of these people weren't able to try the beta? Surely they knew how it'd play?

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2016, 03:28.

2. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 9, 2016, 22:33 Philll

News Comments > Black Desert Online Launches
21. Re: Black Desert Online Launches Mar 4, 2016, 07:59 Philll

Retired wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 04:49:
Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 01:33:
same ol', same ol'.

When will this genre evolve? It's so darn stagnant.

Please share with us how you will revolutionize the genre.....

It's not his job to revolutionise the genre. We, as gamers, give our money to these people for them to do the job for us. That's sort of how the transaction between developers and gamers has been working for a while now.

News Comments > On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues
8. Re: On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues Feb 20, 2016, 17:07 Philll

"We already have a lot of those issues in our sights"

*Chance to hit, 34%*

News Comments > Sniper Elite 4 Spotted?
2. Re: Sniper Elite 4 Spotted? Feb 15, 2016, 23:17 Philll

All they've done since the first game is dumb it down on all fronts, and you want it to improve with more realistic mechanics? I thought #2 was terrible. #3 was a fucking mess, the scenarios it put you in were laughable.

Even when you put it on the hardest settings, it doesn't matter because you can simply use each shot as a guide for where bullets will generally land the next time.

They're going to continue to pander to console gamers, and that means it's going to continue being designed with gamepads in mind. Gamepads are anything but accurate, so adding in all of these other elements that would affect your shots will no doubt be out of the question. It'll either be that, or you'll get some dumbed down form of them with 6 layers of auto aim.

All multiplatform 'sniper' games are pathetic.

News Comments > Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month
2. Re: Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month May 3, 2013, 20:48 Philll

I'd play it again because it's a good game, not specifically for this DLC though, that seems a bit shit. What's worse is they're actually charging for it.  

News Comments > Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Demo
16. No subject Sep 29, 2008, 22:37 Philll

The High res version is for SACRED, not SACRED 2. You are getting high res for the first game. The normal edition of S2 still has high res details in it.

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo