Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nick C.

Real Name Nick C.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname anyprophet
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 27, 2008, 15:15
Total Comments 11 (Suspect)
User ID 54382

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Interview
3. Re: Ubisoft DRM Interview Feb 21, 2010, 12:29 anyprophet

If we think of this as a conspiracy theory it all makes more sense. Ubisoft is a publicly held company and has a responsibility to its shareholders to maximize profits. And since PC games still do sell and make money they're obligated to release PC games. So if their goal was to only make console games they would need to start taking loses on their PC gaming investments and piracy is a convenient scapegoat. Their increasingly ridiculous DRM drives away customers and increases piracy but fools their stock holders into thinking that something is being done about the piracy problem.

But I think, in reality, they're just completely tone deaf. Just put every game on Steam and use Steam's default level of DRM and everything will be okay. It's not that hard.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Sep 2, 2009, 20:32 anyprophet

I got my halo! *smug*  

News Comments > Mobilization
1. Re: Mobilization Jun 28, 2009, 19:51 anyprophet

That has got to be the worst way to play that game. Was it even playable on the PS1?  

News Comments > E3 2009 PC Wrap-up
27. Re: E3 2009 PC Wrap-up Jun 8, 2009, 00:53 anyprophet

No mention of Scribblenauts? FOR SHAME!  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Top 10 Technological achievements... May 30, 2009, 14:34 anyprophet

Yeah, that list is horrible. Never link to that site again, Blue.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. 11 ways Fallout 2 was better than Fallou Nov 4, 2008, 21:38 anyprophet

Why are people so hung up on Fallout 1 and 2? Why?

If you want to retain your sanity do not go to the Fallout 3 section of the No Mutant's Allowed forum. It's like watching a bunch of right wing Christians discuss gay marriage.

I think that Bethesda's insistence on maintaining as many Fallout 1/2 traits as possible was a determent to Fallout 3. What made the Fallout games so great was the rich setting and tone of the games not SPECIAL and tag skills.

News Comments > EA: Forum Ban Equals Game Bans - Updated
124. Re: EA: Forum Ban Equals Game Bans Oct 30, 2008, 20:26 anyprophet

bwahahahaha

The fallout from this is going to be entertaining.

News Comments > WoW Plague Plagues WoW
13. Re: WoW Plague Plagues WoW Oct 27, 2008, 12:11 anyprophet

hahahahahahahaha

Whoever complains about this needs to be cock-slapped in the face.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Announced
13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Oct 21, 2008, 20:05 anyprophet

The graphics seem fine to me. I'm not sure that having bleeding edge graphics in an MMO is a wise idea. Especially when you're using a license that has broad appeal. Also, we don't know how far along they are in development. So saying that the graphics are disappointing is a bit premature.

Especially when there are more important things to be skeptical about. Like their idea to have story driven content. Why the hell make this an MMO? Why not just make a multiplayer sequel to KotOR?

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: Video game stores Oct 4, 2008, 01:37 anyprophet

Steam lets you re-download any game you've purchased.

And as far as download caps go, something is going to have to break. Most caps I've seen here in the US are in the neighborhood of 250GB per month(which is about 8GB per day). And, right now, that is perfectly sufficient given that most games are in the 4-8 GB range. But, of course, that won't be true in a few years when more HD programming is available and games are bigger. But thankfully we're starting to see some competition emerge in the broadband sector. DSL is spreading. Current wireless technology is getting faster and cheaper. Fiber is slowly being rolled out. Internet over power is moping along. And last, but not least, the 700MHz spectrum is about to be opened up.

The future of content is digital distribution. Game Stop is fucked.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Pre-owned market had "big" effect on Hal Sep 27, 2008, 11:19 anyprophet

The best way to combat the pre-owned market is to make a game that people want to keep playing. The Halo games sold very well because they have such popular multiplayer components.

But if you release a game with a short singleplayer experience and a shitty or non-existant multiplayer experience, people are going to beat it and trade it in as quickly as they can.

It's sort of arrogant to think your industry should be above every other industry that outputs product. Videogames aren't the only thing on craigslist and eBay.

11 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo