Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for monkay

Real Name monkay   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname monkay
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 19, 2008, 06:26
Total Comments 52 (Suspect)
User ID 54342

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age Image Comparison
29. Re: Dragon Age Image Comparison Nov 13, 2009, 02:04 monkay

Load time on my machine is fine, but I'm not sure why this game just seems to fire up the temperatures of the whole system.

My PC runs most other recent games just fine, the temp for the GPU(9800gt with stock cooling) is usually 70-80C under load, with CPU(Q6600) temp at around 50-60C. Once I start DA the GPU goes up to 80-90+ and CPU to over 70+ in about 20mins even on low settings.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dawn of War II Patch Notes
6. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Notes Oct 15, 2009, 22:50 monkay

Yep, the core gameplay is disappointing. Dumbed down and more importantly, nothing like the original DOW. Most of the online games play out the same way since there's no base building or tech tree to speak of.

The Last Stand is a nice break but like Slink said, I'd rather them spending all the resources elsewhere. Perhaps on fixing the core gameplay first before balance and even bug fixes, or just let it die and work on a proper PC version of W40K Space Marines.

News Comments > Dawn Of War II Patched
7. Re: Dawn Of War II Patched Jul 31, 2009, 14:51 monkay

Exactly. It's slow, and has no strategic variety to speak of. This game seems to have done everything on the opposite side of what the original dow did. It's fun if one likes to play cat and mouse using 3 or 4 units, chasing each other around the points for the entire game.

Every game plays out the same after tier2 since there just aren't enough options to choose from.

Relic has been putting a great deal of effort into supporting this game, but I'd rather them just forget about dow2 and get a move on to dow3(or just get back to patching dow1). This game needs much more than just balance fixes.

News Comments > TF2 Sniper Update Thursday
4. Re: TF2 Sniper Update Thursday May 18, 2009, 21:55 monkay

Well played indeed. Gotta love Valve for having a good sense of humour on the early leak issue.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2009, 21:58.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Patch Plans
3. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Plans May 10, 2009, 05:32 monkay

I wonder how many people are still playing the campaign. Is it really worth putting resources in adding new items to that instead of spending the time on eg. reworking the fucked up balance? I do appreciate the effort, it's just that there are more important issues that need to be addressed.  

News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil 2 Movie?
23. Re: Beyond Good & Evil 2 Movie? May 9, 2009, 03:16 monkay

I hope this is just a gameplay pre-visulisation, and that it's not an indication of how the settings would be. One thing I loved about BGE was the fantasy & sci-fi setting, and this videos shows little of that.  

News Comments > Dawn of War II Patch Plans
9. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Plans May 2, 2009, 03:28 monkay

No balance changes? As much as I appreciate adding the 2v2 mode, it does not make the game any more playable in ranked games in its current state of balance.  

News Comments > Overlord II Movie, Release Date
2. Re: Overlord II Movie, Release Date May 1, 2009, 07:45 monkay

I don't know if it was marketed as an RPG in the first place. That would have been quite a stretch. It was kinda fun anyway, but I was hoping for a more wicked game along the lines of Dungeon Keeper, ie. fighting heroes and such instead of just other evil creatures.  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Revealed
44. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Revealed Apr 21, 2009, 04:07 monkay

I often wonder whether Bethesda actually takes any feedback from their testers.

Only positive ones.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Revealed
3. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Revealed Apr 20, 2009, 11:23 monkay

Either way, we can at least expect better writings and more role playing elements in this game.  

News Comments > Mafia II Movie
11. Re: Mafia II Movie Apr 20, 2009, 03:21 monkay

Then it was outsourced to Japan.

The game looks good. I agree on the no awful racing mission part. That mission drove me nuts, oh and I don't want to see my character get killed after I kept him alive for the whole length of the game.

News Comments > BioWare Q&A
4. Re: BioWare Q&A Apr 19, 2009, 08:04 monkay

Everything they keep talking about is how things have changed and that shallow and quicker is better than longer and deeper. I fear that going forward from this point onward that Bioware - as we knew and loved it - is done.

We are not sure if that view is going to change their design philosophy. Bioware should know well the fact that most people have no problem of them making essentially the same game over and over ever since BG2. They should be smart enough to keep doing the same thing.

News Comments > Demigod Early
24. Re: Demigod Early Apr 16, 2009, 03:53 monkay

Damn. That's the same problem with DOW2, casual and imbalances etc. Seems like when it comes to competitive RTS, Blizzard is still the only hope.  

News Comments > Demigod Early
13. Re: Demigod Early Apr 14, 2009, 02:35 monkay

I need some impressions and I need 'em now!

Seconded. After the letdown by DOW2, I'm on the look out for a RTS to fill the gap. How's Demigod?

News Comments > Company of Heroes & Opposing Fronts Patched
16. Re: Company of Heroes & Opposing Fronts Patched Mar 30, 2009, 22:35 monkay

Yeah they really need to fire all their network programmers

And find someone who can properly balance a game. Glad to see CoH players are finally getting a patch. Relic has said that they realize how much of a nightmare patching their games is, and that in DOW2 they have fixed that with a l33t patching system...it's been almost a month now since we last saw a patch which still couldn't fix the damn balance so that the game is playable competetively.

News Comments > No Online DRM in Sim 3
7. Re: No Online DRM in Sim 3 Mar 27, 2009, 10:17 monkay

Nice to see EA doing this for a change. But I have this feeling that the majority of Sims3 players won't be bothered too much by which DRM the game uses anyway.  

News Comments > Gold - Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
20. Re: Gold - Company of Heroes: Tales of V Mar 27, 2009, 03:56 monkay

What I can't stand is the unit imbalances. There is a very clear set of units for each army that get the best results and that is at least 90% of the games you play.

I've lost faith in Relic's ability to properly balance a game. As of now, DOW2's balance is a big fuck-all to all non-nids(or eldar) players.

Playing as orks is a joke, so many units yet so few useful ones, especially against the nids.

I had such high hopes for this game. Too bad they seem to choose to please the nids fans only. Adding a race without any personality was a minor diappointment in the first place, now this race is breaking the game's balance. It's pissing me off.

The only reason I log in and play a few games now is to try and rank up my profile so I can see the cooler stuff on my orks.

Good luck to that. If you can win using orks vs other races, mostly eldar and OMFGPwNAG3 nids, please enlighten me.

News Comments > Game Developer Choice Awards
31. Re: Game Developer Choice Awards Mar 26, 2009, 21:48 monkay

I notice that no one else suggests anything, aside from the guy who thinks L4D, a game without any writing really, had better writing than Fallout 3.

Don't you see? That's the point. A game without writing has better writing than FO3.

News Comments > Game Developer Choice Awards
14. Re: Game Developer Choice Awards Mar 26, 2009, 12:25 monkay

Agree with the others. We all know this medium isn't particularly famous for its writings, but saying FO3 is the best is just...WTF.  

News Comments > Wanted Demo
19. Re: Wanted Demo Mar 26, 2009, 08:40 monkay

Modern game design revolves around looking at the top 10 sellers and then blatantly copying their mechanics.

...and failing to capture the essence(if any) of the original, then crying about it all being the fault of pirates.

52 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo