Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2143 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 May 30, 2016, 08:10 Slashman

Witcher 3 Blood and Wine goes live in about 10 hours! Then I can finally begin!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Expands
8. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Expands May 28, 2016, 10:31 Slashman

Eirikrautha wrote on May 28, 2016, 10:08:
Pr()ZaC wrote on May 28, 2016, 08:15:
Vall Forran wrote on May 27, 2016, 22:59:
Not fair! I'm moving to New Zealand
*plays a song by Flight Of The Conchords...
Is that some kind of punishment for moving there?

Isn't moving there its own punishment? Huh

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Launch Trailer
12. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Launch Trailer May 25, 2016, 13:54 Slashman

Creston wrote on May 25, 2016, 13:42:
One more week! SO EXCITED!!!!!

I'm waiting until this comes out so I can start my very first playthrough. I have my save from TW2 just waiting for import!

News Comments > Free Forge - Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 Announced
20. Re: Free Forge - Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 Announced May 21, 2016, 19:19 Slashman

Stay classy Microsoft!  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Expansion Next Week
5. Re: Elite Dangerous Expansion Next Week May 20, 2016, 21:30 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2016, 20:29:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on May 20, 2016, 20:03:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2016, 19:47:
Is this the DLC that adds a goal to the game? Or is it still mostly a sandbox...
It's never not going to be a sandbox. You apparently want the Star Citizen single player game.

Well yeah That wasn't meant negative, just wondering if they ever plan to add something akin to .. you know.. a proper story, branching, decisions and stuff.

None of the Elite games has ever had that kind of content and I don't think they ever will.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II Revealed
29. Re: Pillars of Eternity II Revealed May 18, 2016, 09:13 Slashman

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2016, 22:25:
Task wrote on May 17, 2016, 11:10:
Haha, that's a given from you Cutter, but Hey that's alright.

I finished a bunch of other games, but I admit still not done with PoE. I'm in Act 3, but took a detour to White March 100 hours in with my main as a kickass Monk dude.

Anyways, I'm interested to know what improvements they have planned. The story is pretty cool, reminds of Wheel of Time sorta, love the music, lore of the world, voice actors, writing, and tense combat. I really hate the Adra Dragon below Caed Nua though, Holy Shit man - can't figure out how to defeat her by combat.

Why is it a given for me? I've loved everything Obsidian/Black Isle has ever done...except POE. They didn't just drop the ball on this, they fucking shattered it. Given that the reviews are so mixed on this I'm utterly amazed they're even attempting to do a follow-up game for this. Just fucking abandon it already and get back to making good games.

The reviews are mixed? 90% on Steam. 89 on Metacritic. That's mixed?

News Comments > Steam Top Seven
14. Re: Steam Top Seven May 16, 2016, 01:37 Slashman

Numinar wrote on May 16, 2016, 01:13:
Slashman wrote on May 15, 2016, 22:31:
Instead of Stellaris, people could also check out Star Ruler 2 and its expansion.

One of the best 4x space RTS games out there with epic scale, interesting diplomacy and oh...little things like building ring worlds and artificial planets, cap ships of ridiculous scale, blowing up whole star systems and creating black holes.

Just saying...

That looks good, I'll add that to the list. I jumped on Stelaris though because my collection of "Games like Master of Orion" is already too big and I didn't really enjoy even the ones that were meant to be good. Stelaris is hella fresh. Maybe thin and broken in places but it's a very different take on 4x. And because it's real time there is no "One more turn!" it's just a never ending stream of management issues and fear. Some people say the AI is too passive, but I'm not so sure. I think they are just doing the calculation where going to war against anyone who isn't super inferior to you is suicide because once your fleets are not at home you are open for a beating.

It feels like a 10x slower version of Sins of a Solar Empire. Not a bad thing at all.

Star Ruler 2 is not fast paced while still being all real time. And one of the things not apparent about it is that you can beat empires that are bigger and badder than yours by using diplomacy to do things like annex their planets, systems and artifacts by raising a vote in the galactic senate. If you are successful, the property gets ceded to you. No war declared.

You can pull crap like filibusters, use leverage against other empires or even screw them over by getting a vote passed that allows all other empires to see all their territory as if everyone had spy drones in each of their systems.

Lots of stuff to explore and discover in the galaxy and lots to keep you busy even if you're not at war.

12. Re: Steam Top Seven May 15, 2016, 22:31 Slashman

Instead of Stellaris, people could also check out Star Ruler 2 and its expansion.

One of the best 4x space RTS games out there with epic scale, interesting diplomacy and oh...little things like building ring worlds and artificial planets, cap ships of ridiculous scale, blowing up whole star systems and creating black holes.

Just saying...

9. Re: Steam Top Seven May 15, 2016, 19:46 Slashman

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 15, 2016, 16:18:
Personally I like Stellaris a lot more than Stellaris, I'm not sure how they are even that close on the sales list.

Good one!

News Comments > MS Rebuffed Lionhead Buyers?
9. Re: MS Rebuffed Lionhead Buyers? May 11, 2016, 11:19 Slashman

Slick wrote on May 11, 2016, 10:57:
I know I like to be a contrarian on here, but shouldn't we be happy for the studio? They're finally free, they can all use the clout gained at working at one of the more prestigious game studios out there, and pursue whatever shit they want. Trust me, I bet there's sharks trying to pick up talent from them left, right, and center.

Who the fuck wants to spend more than 10 years at the same job anyways? or 5? Keep making sequels until your hair falls out. I know that if they got sold as a studio they might have been tasked with different projects, but who is going to buy a studio that's decently good at doing one thing, to have them work on something totally different? It could happen, but I don't think it's plausible.

I'm sad they lost their jobs, but I'm happy that they're free from M$.

What are you smoking? You're saying most people don't like job security?

Also, since when does spending 10 years at the same company equate to spending 10 years doing the same job? Most developers in companies move from position to position as they develop skills and show interest in different areas.

In addition, if these folks have families, and its likely a lot of them do, then a different job will likely mean moving a significant distance. So you're now uprooting your family. And we all know how fun that is to do.

News Comments > Op Ed
49. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2016, 11:31 Slashman

RedEye9 wrote on May 8, 2016, 11:00:
Slashman wrote on May 8, 2016, 10:43:
Who wrote those forum rules anyway?

i saw the information somewhere but i can't find it.

I see what you did there...

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2016, 10:43 Slashman

Who wrote those forum rules anyway?  

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed May 7, 2016, 19:49 Slashman

RedEye9 wrote on May 7, 2016, 16:59:
Slashman wrote on May 7, 2016, 14:14:
I really wish people would just stick to facts here.

1) Every developer has complete control over the forums for their own game on Steam. They can moderate and ban people who violate their rules as they like. I've seen this done many times to many an idiot.

Stem has always had the policy of giving the developers the tools and letting them do things their own way. I'd be very surprised if they ever personally tried to moderate a developer's forum unless things were way out of hand or violating a law.

2) Developers have no control over user reviews on Steam. This is as it should be and it would be bad IMO if they ever did. Now this is where Steam CAN, to a certain extent try to stop the more vitriolic/offensive type of posts in reviews.

But if Steam does take an active hand in moderating reviews, it needs to be very carefully balanced. I'm all for squelching racial slurs, attacks based on religion, sexuality etc. But you cannot, and should not, be banning or deleting reviews which are simply about someone's opinion of a game. It is a fine line to walk and I'm guessing would take a ridiculous amount of effort based on the sheer number of reviews that both already exist and get added every day.

3) Anybody who truly believes that Steam has not been the strongest force in ensuring the continuing health of PC gaming over the past decade is in complete denial. And pretty much every single indie developer and several of the larger dev studios will tell you as much. Bury your head in the sand if you want to feel cool for opposing 'The Man' but facts are facts.
You've been around long enough to know that facts don't come into play in the forums.

I can dream, can't I?

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed May 7, 2016, 14:14 Slashman

I really wish people would just stick to facts here.

1) Every developer has complete control over the forums for their own game on Steam. They can moderate and ban people who violate their rules as they like. I've seen this done many times to many an idiot.

Stem has always had the policy of giving the developers the tools and letting them do things their own way. I'd be very surprised if they ever personally tried to moderate a developer's forum unless things were way out of hand or violating a law.

2) Developers have no control over user reviews on Steam. This is as it should be and it would be bad IMO if they ever did. Now this is where Steam CAN, to a certain extent try to stop the more vitriolic/offensive type of posts in reviews.

But if Steam does take an active hand in moderating reviews, it needs to be very carefully balanced. I'm all for squelching racial slurs, attacks based on religion, sexuality etc. But you cannot, and should not, be banning or deleting reviews which are simply about someone's opinion of a game. It is a fine line to walk and I'm guessing would take a ridiculous amount of effort based on the sheer number of reviews that both already exist and get added every day.

3) Anybody who truly believes that Steam has not been the strongest force in ensuring the continuing health of PC gaming over the past decade is in complete denial. And pretty much every single indie developer and several of the larger dev studios will tell you as much. Bury your head in the sand if you want to feel cool for opposing 'The Man' but facts are facts.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced
10. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced May 3, 2016, 22:08 Slashman

Screw co-op! Give me a proper friggin' RTS with shit to actually build!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: retarded 9 grindfest 2 May 1, 2016, 22:43 Slashman

Just going to throw in here that Star Ruler 2 is awesome and just had an expansion. If Sins of a Solar Empire had a sequel, this might be how I'd want it.

Sorry that was random but the game is great from a 3 man indie dev team no less.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Gameplay Trailer
15. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2016, 21:10 Slashman

Eirikrautha wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 20:57:
Call me crazy, but I even enjoyed WH40k: Space Marine. This looks even better, so I'm gonna keep a close eye on this!

You're freakin' crazy but I enjoyed the hell out of it too.

I wish they had just done a bit more with the melee combat like give the ability to block or parry and I think that game would have been golden.

News Comments > DOOM Single-Player Video
34. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 29, 2016, 08:58 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 05:14:
Multiplayer feels like Halo but single-player might be good. Looks better than Doom 3, at least, though Shadow Warrior 2 looks superior in almost every regard.

Sign me up for more Wang!!!!

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Apr 29, 2016, 08:50 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 22:06:
Hard West needs a save function, and overwatch ability, and an editor. Otherwise it's amazing with such a great flavour.

Dude...stop trying to up my already insane list of games I want to play!

News Comments > Hearthstone Whispers of the Old Gods Released
8. Re: Hearthstone Whispers of the Old Gods Released Apr 27, 2016, 11:26 Slashman

Keilun wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 09:14:
[

Or you know free if you just play the game. In between expansion releases I always manage to accumulate north of 6k gold (6880 this release) playing quite casually. I even took a 2 month break in there and didn't play at all. Add to that the amount of dust I accumulate and it's not really that bad. For people new to the game, yes the hill is steep but with Standard out it's at least a bit more manageable now (though still a long way).

This. I never spent a dime on it and I don't think I ever will. Still have plenty of cards and all the adventures finished except for one more round of League of Explorers.

Just play and enjoy the game while learning and you don't have much to worry about.

2143 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo