Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2213 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher III Game of the Year Edition Confirmed
8. Re: Witcher 3 cometh with meade Aug 11, 2016, 21:58 Slashman

Griffon school sign build or go home! Headbang  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Eisenhorn: XENOS Released
4. Re: Eisenhorn: XENOS Released Aug 11, 2016, 08:38 Slashman

It's a ported mobile game I believe. Mostly mixed reviews from players except for the ones who REALLY love the books it is based on.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

News Comments > The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible
30. Re: The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible Aug 9, 2016, 20:43 Slashman

Hump wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 20:01:
Rage was a great game. Unfortunately it had the bad timing of coming out around the same time as Fallout 3 and the original Borderlands.

There's only so many post apocalyptic games you can swallow

I really don't think the release timing was the problem with Rage.

News Comments > The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible
25. Re: The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible Aug 9, 2016, 18:03 Slashman

deqer wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 10:56:
They're recycling all their shit because they're doing whatever they can to make money, because poor sales, because no one (except a few people) is supporting Bethesda because they don't support modding, which is precisely why we're seeing ONLY Bethesda making mods like these now to make money.

It's like, we're seeing a streak of their Plan B after Plan B after Plan B to stay afloat.

Yeah because they didn't even release mod tools for Fallout 4 or anything! They suck ass!!!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 8, 2016, 09:22 Slashman

Redmask wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 07:38:
I heard a lot of griping about the timed mission objectives in XCOM2 but it ended up being a great way to play the game. The sense of urgency forces you to move things along and actually use the classes effectively instead of just edging forward with squadsight snipers and other BS. Great game.

So very true. It forced you to come up with different tactics on the fly since you have to find ways to maximize your turn use.

News Comments > Prey Trailers
20. Re: Prey Trailers Aug 5, 2016, 18:16 Slashman

NetHead wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 14:11:

I thought the original Prey was okay (lots of fun, indian thing annoyed the hell out of me, but good gameplay) I enjoyed it though am not a rabid fan. Still molesting an established franchise purely for that attention is a shitty thing to do, while defending that is plane stupid.

Why would the 'indian thing' annoy the hell out of you exactly? Maybe because native Americans and their culture are so overdone in video games? They really needed to keep it more white? Cause that never gets any exposure?

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Free Weekend
3. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Free Weekend Aug 4, 2016, 23:45 Slashman

I want to but I still haven't beaten an Xcom 2 campaign yet. And that is being delayed further by Witcher 3, so who the hell knows when I'll have time for another turn-based combat game???

I got problems man! Problems!

News Comments > Grim Dawn Crucible Mode DLC Released
5. Re: Grim Dawn Crucible Mode DLC Released Aug 4, 2016, 08:50 Slashman

They haven't let me down yet. These guys deserve their success.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Announced
15. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Announced Aug 2, 2016, 22:43 Slashman

KilrathiAce wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 20:13:
another shovelware 40k trash

How can you tell exactly? Also...what would make it NOT be shovelware trash?

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Announced
13. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Announced Aug 2, 2016, 20:01 Slashman

WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! What is it good for?  

News Comments > More Overwatch Bans
22. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 09:40 Slashman

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 08:41:
DarkCntry wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 03:56:
Kajetan wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 03:22:
And it will solve nothing. People will buy new keys, register new accounts and simply keep on cheating.

But hey, at least you lot got a giggle out of this

Except Blizzard has been hardware locking people...so buy all the keys you want and they'll find themselves still banned

If true, MY giggle just got gigglier, giggity.

Rotfl

Oh man...people have been buying the game 3 - 4 times to try to get around the bans. This is awesome! I tip my hat to you Blizzard!

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2016, 09:46.

News Comments > PC Disney Infinity to Cease Working
6. Re: Into the Black Jul 29, 2016, 23:28 Slashman

Suppa7 wrote on Jul 29, 2016, 23:16:
NegaDeath wrote on Jul 29, 2016, 22:29:
If the hobby of gaming drives you to a maddening rage on a daily basis it's time to find a new hobby.

Has nothing to do with gaming, has everything to do with political and historical trends that people like you are blissfully ignorant of.

It mostly has to do with pointless overreaction. If you've opted out of playing MMOs (I know I have), then what do you really care about here?

This is a freaking luxury entertainment product we're talking about, not food, water and clothing.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Lost Treasures DLC
4. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Lost Treasures DLC Jul 28, 2016, 15:15 Slashman

Meh!  

News Comments > Anno 2205 DLC
6. Re: Anno 2205 DLC Jul 21, 2016, 08:43 Slashman

I really need to put some more time into 2070. It's a great game.  

News Comments > RimWorld Early Access
9. Re: RimWorld Early Access Jul 16, 2016, 12:02 Slashman

Looks very awesome. I want to pick it up but...

Too...Many...Games...To...Play...

Help!!!

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Adds Hero
4. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Adds Hero Jul 13, 2016, 20:43 Slashman

Primalchrome wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 20:18:
Phffft. I hope they go bankrupt. Releasing OMD2 was an insult to everyone that bought OMD. This is even worse. The first two games should have had all the content under a single title.

What the hell are you smoking? Please stop it and switch to something milder like opium...

That said, this MOBA nonsense is exactly the last thing I wanted to see from this studio.

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2016, 20:51.

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
18. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 7, 2016, 21:58 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 20:16:
Question is will there actually be stuff to do? I don't understand why they can't fully expand on that point. Maybe because there really isn't anything to do? Except pet florps.

My momma said that if I pet my florp too much I'll go blind.

News Comments > Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans
20. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 18:48 Slashman

I'm still trying to figure how CDPR can make every single side quest and story all interesting while TES games are so consistently mediocre/bland at it, and Skyrim was less than a third the size of the Witcher 3 game world.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2016, 23:48.

17. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 17:58 Slashman

Yeah I have been hesitant to say it but it is very likely the best RPG ever made!  

6. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 12:23 Slashman

Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 11:50:
I'm honestly not sure what there's left to enhance. The game is pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe put the SP Gwent game's balance changes into Witcher 3, but that's about all I can think of.

(and yes, all of you who say the combat is terrible, whatever. Go play Doom.)

I totally agree. The combat is great. The mistake I think they made was that on the default difficulty, you don't need to use the tools you have. The third tier difficulty should be the default. That's where I started and it feels so right.

I know why they did what they did. A lot of whiners moaned about the combat being too hard in TW2 instead of realizing it was Arkham Asylum they were playing. Regardless, I have zero complaints about the game as is except that I have too many awesome things to do apart from the main story which is itself awesome. How did they fit so much awesome into one friggin' game?

2213 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo