Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2450 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Get The Witcher Free
33. Re: Get The Witcher Free May 2, 2018, 08:10 Slashman

From what I understand also, they don't make Witchers anymore. They are something of a dying breed. That's why the Witcher schools have fallen into ruin.

So to make the story about a new Witcher, you'd have to find a reason why they are still being created when the rest of the world has stopped the practice. Witcher creation is basically mass murder. Most will not live.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Champions Online Celebrates Milestone
8. Re: Champions Online Celebrates Milestone Apr 24, 2018, 15:12 Slashman

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 06:24:
Bill Borre wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 20:53:
I wish this game would get a reboot like The Secret World did. I read a writeup from Cryptic about why the game will never have a mission editor like some of their other games because the engine they used is an older one, but it's been out for so many years now it would be cool if they updated it and added the mission editor capability.

Because a mission editor destroyed City of Heroes/Villains. People made farm missions and that was the end of the game, pure and simple. Why play the game when you can max out a character in less then 10 hours sitting in a mission?

This game has been left to rot after the popularity of Star Trek Online and Neverwinter Nights Online.

CoX was better ONLY in the having more larger zones. But was so badly balanced that a fire/fire controller could utterly destroy an entire mission in 10 mins without much work. And PVP was a nightmare.

The editor was a badly planned move by the devs. They were warned about the farming potential by beta testers and went ahead anyway. The game needed more baseline content at the time, not player created content, which was greatly limited anyway because the editor was not a precision tool...

As for your complaint about fire/kin controllers. No one really cared and I never saw an overabundance of them anyway. Thematically, not everyone wanted to play them.

News Comments > Champions Online Celebrates Milestone
4. Re: Champions Online Celebrates Milestone Apr 23, 2018, 23:33 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 22:50:
Yeah, CoH was tons better. Still amazes me how few (good) superhero games there are/have ever been for video games. I'd love to see a new CoH.

I'd be all-in for that!

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend
12. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend Apr 14, 2018, 13:37 Slashman

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 11:42:
nomoreshite wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 08:17:
read the comments on the videos, funny as f*ck
Just a bunch of peeps hyped about a game. good energy

I guess blindness fuels good energy.

News Comments > Hearthstone Expands
2. Re: Hearthstone Expands Apr 13, 2018, 22:22 Slashman

Mac wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 16:39:
They missed a trick .. the year of the SHAVEN raven would have been far more fun !

Not for the Raven it wouldn't!

News Comments > Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes
40. Re: Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes Apr 12, 2018, 09:40 Slashman

Steam is by no means a perfect platform or application, but damn! The amount of vitriol and hate that spews out anytime it specifically gets a mention on Blues regarding any type of changes its making is so freaking over the top.

Some folks really need to find something to do to reduce their bitterness levels. They're just toxic.

News Comments > R.I.P. Steam Machines?
29. Re: 007bistromath@gmail.com Apr 3, 2018, 00:00 Slashman

The apocalypse didn't happen and now we have all these underground bunkers that no one wants. Sweatdrop  

News Comments > R.I.P. Steam Machines?
13. Re: R.I.P. Steam Machines? Apr 2, 2018, 12:24 Slashman

These were a solution to a non-problem. Needless paranoia...  

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced
25. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced Mar 30, 2018, 13:24 Slashman

[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 23:30:
THIS GAME SUCKED THEN AND IT SUCKS NOW. CASH GRAB!! There waiting for YOU GABE in the test chamber. They are going to attach electrodes to your TENDER BITS and turn up the JUICE. TURN IT way way WAY UP.

I'm guessing all the meds ran out...

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Mar 27, 2018, 08:48 Slashman

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 07:16:
webber wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 06:04:
X-Morph is awesome! Highly recommended.
Came in here to say pretty much the same thing. I bought it at full price, no regrets.

Must assimilate the entire planet Earth!

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Mar 22, 2018, 13:15 Slashman

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 12:25:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 12:21:
Red886 wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 12:07:
angry white man illogical derp

I think I found a link to what you're talking about.
I doubt that it reads, but nice retort.

Heh heh heh!

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Mar 19, 2018, 08:04 Slashman

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 20:36:
Slashman wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 19:59:
I wish someone would spend $70K on ME!
Have you talked to the dotus, he spent twice that on Stormy.

You were the sunshine baby, whenever you smiled. But I call you Stormy today. All of a sudden that ole rain's fallin' down. And my world is cloudy and gray.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Mar 17, 2018, 19:59 Slashman

I wish someone would spend $70K on ME!  

News Comments > Valve Plans to Make Games
21. Re: The Battle for Star Control Continues Mar 9, 2018, 12:44 Slashman

So are all of you accidentally buying shitty games that you don't want on Steam? Because it really isn't hard to find out if a product is crap unless you are a compulsive first day buyer of everything new.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat
20. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 6, 2018, 09:37 Slashman

rawbelly wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 09:08:
I just laugh when I see publishers do this.

The hypocrisy...

ESRB Rated M

"Rating Summary: This is a first-person shooter in which players control members of an elite counter-terrorism unit through various missions. Game modes allow players to eliminate terrorist cells, defuse bombs, and extract hostages. Characters use firearms (e.g., pistols, machine guns, shotguns), explosives, and traps (e.g., electrified barbed wire, robots with tasers) to kill human enemies. Gunfights can be frenetic and are highlighted by cries of pain, explosions, realistic gunfire, and blood-splatter effects. Cutscenes also depict instances of violence: an explosion that kills two characters; a man shot in slow-motion. During the course of the game, some stages depict bags of cocaine on tables/counters. The word f**k appears in the dialogue."

So you're saying that should prep the user for continual racist and homophobic abuse?

News Comments > Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed
16. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 6, 2018, 08:32 Slashman

This thread feels like it is filled with a lot of impatient kids. Which is the opposite of what I expect from Blues.

I don't get the fixation on Legendary items before they are supposed to drop and I don't think the game is particularly boring to start if you play on veteran. The game has a ton of optional content such that you can vary each playthrough significantly if you include hidden quests, roguelike dungeons, optional areas and bounties.

Considering the number of players and popularity of the game, I'm going to have to say that the issue is not the game itself. I have a friend who also plays and the two things we agree we don't like about the game are the new blightfiend necro pet(it looks horrible) and how far apart some of the rifts are from each other.

News Comments > Morning Previews
9. Re: Morning Previews Feb 27, 2018, 19:15 Slashman

Seems like everything else before the E3 showing will be substanceless clickbait. June seems like a long way off right now.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
6. Re: New GeForce Drivers Feb 26, 2018, 18:31 Slashman

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 15:21:
It's l3g1t guyz

I'm sold!!!

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week
16. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week Feb 21, 2018, 08:25 Slashman

The Pyro wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 11:29:
So I basically just want a more modern version of Freespace 2. A single-player space combat sim with fun scripted missions and an engaging story line. Has anything like that been produced in the last 5 years?

I had hopes for Star Citizen's initial goals, but the scope of that game seems to have grown beyond what I think I'd enjoy.

There is a game called Arkin which might suit your needs. Still in earl access though. Been a while since they had an update.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/376620/Arkin/

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Boasts AI Improvements
2. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Boasts AI Improvements Feb 9, 2018, 14:16 Slashman

Gal Civ 3!!! Meh...  

2450 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo