Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2219 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface
58. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 7, 2016, 16:40 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 13:43:
Prez wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 11:43:
Wow I feel like a celebrity!

Celebrity has its downsides. A lot of presidents have body guard detachments for protection, and they don't come cheap. Anxious

Yeah but the taxpayers foot that bill so...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface
40. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 15:38 Slashman

Prez wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 15:09:
Hey better late than never!

So how the hell is everyone???

Where the hell have you been? We're still here. Older and curmudgeonly-er...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 5, 2016, 09:19 Slashman

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 00:56:
Fion wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 14:51:
All these people buying a full-price expansion to - as I understand it - a broken, and bug-ridden alpha game... makes me sick. It sets yet another dangerous precedent and says to the company and others like it:

I'm sorry to tell you that precedent was set long time ago, MMO's were the original game to tell you most gamers were morons, why would you pay for an RPG where you don't control the server software? MMO's are the biggest con in gaming history, monthly subscription for a piece of software you never own that can be destroyed and taken away at any time.

The reality is the rise of the internet allowed the corporations to see how dumb humanity really was, that most gamers are stupid, feeble minded and illiterate.

Hey...don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel!

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month
10. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 3, 2016, 07:47 Slashman

Not going to preorder but it is very likely a day one buy for me if reviews are good!  

News Comments > Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released
17. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 2, 2016, 10:02 Slashman

PHJF wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 21:06:
Pretty sure rubberbanding was fixed via a community patch some time ago anyways... Game had a pretty dedicated little community.

Yep. There was a sizable community patch which also had a Steam version that I never played without once I discovered it.

News Comments > Space Rogue This Month
3. Re: Space Rogue This Month Sep 2, 2016, 08:27 Slashman

Midnight wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 00:13:
.Drifter wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 21:39:
Well crap, I thought it was a remake of the old Origin game from years ago . . .

Same. That was one of the defining games of my childhood.

Yep. The original Space Rogue was the precursor to Privateer.

15. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 21:02 Slashman

Was GD still in Early Access when you played it?

I can't remember any builds I've played so far that were useless.

They've been constantly doing balance passes since the game went live as well.

8. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 09:59 Slashman

NetHead wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 09:02:
Slashman wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 23:35:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 23:31:
Wish they made a proper sequel to this... was a awesome game especially in co-op.

Members of the original dev team did make Grim Dawn. Likely as close as you'll get to a sequel.

I wouldn't call Grim Dawn any kind of sequel or successor to Titan Quest. They may have similarities having been made by some of the same people and similar tech but they're distinctly different for the same genera.

There's a post somewhere on the Grim Dawn forums where it's described how they were limited in what they could do in Titan Quest. Some person at THQ basically gimping all their ideas (to an excessive extent for ridiculous reasons I'd say). Not wanting the player to fight humans, has so be something his mother/grandmother could play, with something about religion causing god related powers/ability taken out because of it, or something like that.

Basically some idiot was in a position where he could dictate a game's development which resulted in what is something of a whitewashed or watered down version of what the devs wanted to make. The description of removed features and alterations makes it sound like the game would have been better and had much more style.

It's been so long since I've read it but you get the idea, Titan Quest is not really the game they wanted to make as a result, or rather not entirely so.

Your long post notwithstanding, the fact is that the playstyle, skill system and many aspects of Grim Dawn are similar to Titan Quest. Of course it is not a true sequel, but as I said it is as close as you will get since those devs are now working on Grim Dawn.

You can either lament this fact for eternity or play and enjoy both GD and this anniversary edition of TQ.

No one knows if the things that they wanted to do would have ended up working as well in retrospect for TQ, so it's all just wishful thinking about a game that never was. TQ was/is a great game regardless of publisher intervention. That happens when you...work with a publisher.

6. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Aug 31, 2016, 23:35 Slashman

Osc8r wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 23:31:
Wish they made a proper sequel to this... was a awesome game especially in co-op.

Members of the original dev team did make Grim Dawn. Likely as close as you'll get to a sequel.

3. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Aug 31, 2016, 20:45 Slashman

Whoohoo! Nostalgia trip here I come!!!  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2016, 11:13 Slashman

I dunno. X Rebirth sold the bulk of of its copies via preorder.

A number of smaller games do have pre-orders but obviously not with the pre-order junk that the major publishers push.

News Comments > GOD EATER 2: RAGE BURST Released
2. Re: GOD EATER 2: RAGE BURST Released Aug 30, 2016, 23:20 Slashman

Pretty sure there is an anime that is based on this that came out this year. Never checked it out so I don't really know what the story is.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailer
14. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailer Aug 30, 2016, 17:51 Slashman

I'm with Jerykk on this one. No one really cares about realistic driving mechanics in an open world action game. It's not a racing game to begin with. There are plenty of those to play.

Why the hell would I care about driving mechanics in Just Cause games where vehicles are so damn disposable? Double for Sleeping Dogs.

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
29. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 30, 2016, 12:24 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 05:31:
Slick wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 22:09:
if for any reason I want to try-before-I-buy, then I absolutely have no qualms about going that route. There's MANY reasons to do this, not the least of which is the wide variance of PC titles quality. I also have no reason to get refunded steam credits by returning it (I buy in bitcoin, can't be refunded), I'd rather just buy what I want to buy. If we can take a $40,000 car for a test drive, there's no reason not to do so on a $70 game.

I just stick to the old scene addage that if you enjoy the product, fucking buy it!

While it sounds like you're mostly doing it "right" I'll just point out this: I suppose you swipe some spring rolls, curry, and sticky rice from the new Thai restaurant that just opened nearby to make sure that it's a place you want to patronize. Also, you "borrow" some fresh produce from the farmer's market to make sure it's good and fresh before you actually plunk down $ for your weekly allotment, right? I just want to make sure you're being consistent across all industries.

And your analogy is wrong. Unless he is materializing exact duplicates of the items from the restaurant and supermarket without actually removing anything from their stock, then there is no comparison. And since that's impossible, you really don't have much of a point here.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
54. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 29, 2016, 02:22 Slashman

DangerDog wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 00:55:
Dacron wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 18:02:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 17:12:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 11:20:
With all the complaints and negative reviews, NMS is doing a fine job staying in the number 1 spot

not a single thumbs up on the steam page for the game either.

NMS has 25k+ "thumbs up" reviews on its steam page.

on the steam page all of the reviews were thumbs down (visible), along with all the false advertisement material - love that e3 video right there up front and center.

Hello Games has stolen the crown from Gearbox as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe not quite, but he has snatched the crown away from Molyneux. Molyneux took decades to accumulate his laundry list of lies and misinformation. This guy did it in very short order for a single game.

News Comments > Endless Legend Tempest Announced
3. Re: Endless Legend Tempest Announced Aug 26, 2016, 23:49 Slashman

Cutter. I'd advise waiting for the expansion to launch before giving it another go. There is usually a massive patch accompanying every expansion. There are some things that need tuning with AI diplomacy currently that I think they will fix.

Not saying it is bad now by any means...but you might as well hold on a bit longer.

News Comments > Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month
14. Re: Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month Aug 21, 2016, 14:05 Slashman

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 12:16:
Slashman wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 00:20:
Just give me Space Marine 2 please. Spare me the MMO crap.

Check out Space Hulk: Deathwing when you get the chance.

Oh I'm following it. But Space Marine is more a 3rd person beat em up that I casually enjoyed. Deathwing is a full on FPS. I'm likely to end up getting it for sure.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
58. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 09:06 Slashman

Julian Delphiki wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 02:33:
Slashman wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 00:29:
Julian Delphiki wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 23:28:
Kosumo wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 22:01:

Spoken like someone who has splurged way to much cash on pictures of internet spaceships.

You in deep bro?

Spoken like a jealous person with no ambitions in life. Bravo, sir. What's it to you what other people have spent their money on? No one's sticking it to you when you spend money on something that you think is important but they can't see the value in. It's called disposable income. Everyone is free to spend it on anything they want. If you want more, then get a better paying job.

Hi there 5 post suspect with all of them being in SC threads. I'm completely sure you're not a paid shill or anything.

Yeah, because stating an obvious fact should be completely ignored unless someone spends 8 hours a day trolling the comments on a game site. You sound like you fit into the category of the first individual I responded to. I'll let you re-read that statement knowing that it applies to you. Also, since you obviously lack any sense of logic or reason, I'll just point out to you that if I were being paid to post pro SC comments, I'd sure be making a lot more than 5 comments. I'm sure you'd call that a good day's work, but in the real world that's not even up to a homeless millennial's standards.

Please excuse me then. You're more like a deluded fanboy than a shill. Is that about right? Thanks for the correction!

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
44. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 00:29 Slashman

Julian Delphiki wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 23:28:
Kosumo wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 22:01:

Spoken like someone who has splurged way to much cash on pictures of internet spaceships.

You in deep bro?

Spoken like a jealous person with no ambitions in life. Bravo, sir. What's it to you what other people have spent their money on? No one's sticking it to you when you spend money on something that you think is important but they can't see the value in. It's called disposable income. Everyone is free to spend it on anything they want. If you want more, then get a better paying job.

Hi there 5 post suspect with all of them being in SC threads. I'm completely sure you're not a paid shill or anything.

News Comments > Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month
10. Re: Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month Aug 21, 2016, 00:20 Slashman

Just give me Space Marine 2 please. Spare me the MMO crap.  

2219 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo