Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2265 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
73. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 20, 2016, 09:23 Slashman

If this game gets made it will be in spite of Roberts and not because of him.

Cutter summed this up earlier. But to quote an actual experienced dev on the subject: "Yelling over peoples shoulder is NOT making a game, hate to burst your bubble. Making a game is actual work and actual rule writing and actual spot testing and actual file manipulation and actual balancing and rebalancing."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 18:00 Slashman

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 17:54:
CIG is overdelivering and designing the game as the community wants; Trump is a racist, fascist asshole?

They haven't delivered a finished game yet. They are still in the promising stage for so many things. You might be able to say they are over promising, but the over delivering part is still up in the air.

You're right about Trump though... America's first openly asshole president!

47. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 16:54 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 16:49:
That's the problem with every business that fails. It's the same with restaurants and why they have the highest failure rate. People with more money than common sense - and generally little to no experience - think how cool it'd be to own a bar/resto and gee, how hard can it really be after all? Well it's not hard...if you know what you're doing and you're focused. RSI is a perfect example of this. This is why so many of us chose not to back him to begin with. We were aware of us his previous history and the fact that WC/Freelancer got made IN SPITE of him, not because of him. This was the exact same shit he pulled before except others were holding the purse strings and finally gave him the boot for his incompetence. Vision is easy, ideas are a dime a dozen, focusing and delivering on time and budget is hard.

I am +1-ing a Cutter post! Let the records show and the annals of history be forever shaken!

Or...just move along...

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Dec 19, 2016, 07:06 Slashman

Tumbler wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 22:59:
It's odd to me why eve online survived with the time needed to advance being absurd and the risk of loss being so great.

It's only odd if you subscribe to the notion that all MMO players want the hand-holding/carebear experience.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
31. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer Dec 17, 2016, 19:27 Slashman

Rigs wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 19:13:
CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 16:52:
In case anyone's wondering what happened to the promised Squadron 42 presentation for CitizenCon (back in October) that was hyped all year long and according to Christ Roberts missed being ready for prime time by the width of a pubic hair and that was supposed to be shown really, really very super-soon after CitizenCon but then was never heard from again until today, well, here's the bullshit excuse from the holiday newsletter...

In anticipation of today's Live Stream, I did want to address one thing that I have been seeing speculation on in the forums: whether or not today's Live Stream will feature the Squadron 42 Vertical Slice.

After we made the decision before CitizenCon that the Squadron 42 vertical slice wasnít ready to be shown publically, we spent some time on reviewing how far off we were and what we wanted to achieve in order to be comfortable showing a full chapter of S42 gameplay. After all the effort we expended for CitizenCon, we didnít want to spend additional developer time polishing intermediate solutions if it wasnít going towards the final product. A slick demo isnít that helpful if it pushes back the finished game, so we decided that the priority should be completing full systems over getting the vertical slice into a showable state.

TL;DR After over five years (going by Roberts' own counting) they still do not have a single mission from Squadron 42 in a presentable state even though the FULL game (not just an episode) was originally supposed to be delivered in late 2014.

Anyone here who is predicting a beta in a year or a couple of years needs to get their head checked. At this rate, we are, without even a hint of exaggeration, a good decade away from the final game (full PU, all ships and gameplay systems, 100 star systems etc.).

So...let me get my head around this...Roberts said at a previous point in time that they would be showing a full 'vertical slice' demo at sometime in 2016 of Sq42? Then, after waiting nearly all year with no word, at CitizenCon, Robert's said that the demo was coming along and would be released to view publicly very very soon and then after no word for weeks, he turned around and said that the 'vertical slice' was bullshit and wasted too much time and effort from the real thing? Am I reading this right?

This sounds exactly like what ol' Donnie Trump has been doing lately since getting elected...

BEFORE: 'LOCK HER UP! I'm gonna get a special prosecutor to look into the illegal use of a private email server by Hillary Clinton to hold classified emails and information.
AFTER: 'Eh, forget about it. It's over with. We should be grateful for her service to the American people'

BEFORE: 'DRAIN THE SWAMP! I'm gonna get all the best people, I know people that are so good at this, people you've never even met and we're going to get special interests and lobbyists OUT of Washington!'
AFTER: (Said in an interview after it was pointed out that all the people he's picking for his administration are lifelong politicians, corporate CEO's or special interest lobbyists) 'Yeah, but everyone down there [in Washington DC] is a lobbyist. You can't get knowledgeable people who don't work for some kind of company or interest'

BEFORE: 'I'M GONNA BUILD A WALL!'
AFTER: 'Yeah, a fence will do'

Thus begins the Age of Telling People What They Want To Hear (At The Time)...

=-Rigs-=

Snake Oil salesmen: In business since the dawn of mankind! Get your fix for whatever ails you right here and now!

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
11. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer Dec 17, 2016, 14:25 Slashman

loomy wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 13:52:
Darks wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 13:50:
Star Shit! Now we have Star Marine, more time wasted on side shit that could have been better used for the main game.

note the intelligence of the average star citizen critic. thinks getting shooting working is a waste of time

Note the intelligence of the average SC shill.

Just kidding...there's actually nothing to note!

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Free DLC
4. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free DLC Dec 8, 2016, 20:38 Slashman

Damn! This DLC looks long...and hard!  

News Comments > Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week
7. Re: Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 13:37 Slashman

Shadow Warrior 2 - Instabuy.

This - Wait and See.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
29. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 4, 2016, 19:43 Slashman

Rhialto wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 14:46:
Graphics are of course up to date with a recent engine but I prefer to play against real people than AI.

Good for you. You already have your game. It is called MWO. Go have fun!

The rest of us will embrace the single-player, no-asshole/cheater/lag/disconnects campaign of this game.

3. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 4, 2016, 12:29 Slashman

Also: Fuck you and goodbye multiplayer shitefest MWO!  

1. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 4, 2016, 12:09 Slashman

Shocked W00t  

News Comments > Master of Orion DLC
5. Re: Master of Orion DLC Dec 2, 2016, 23:03 Slashman

The non-interactive combat in Stellaris kills it for me. Definitely not on my to-buy list.  

News Comments > Master of Orion DLC
2. Re: Master of Orion DLC Dec 2, 2016, 09:02 Slashman

From what I see it is one pack and you get 3 races. It costs $10.  

News Comments > Dawn of Andromeda Early Access
2. Re: Dawn of Andromeda Early Access Dec 2, 2016, 01:34 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 21:51:
This is the dawning of the Age of Andromeda...Age of Andromeda....

You're showing your age man...and mine. Uneasy

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Free GotY Upgrade on GOG.com
13. Re: W3Goty free? Nov 30, 2016, 19:05 Slashman

Aw crap! Need to finish the Witcher 3 DLC. Dammit, dammit and double frackin' dammit!

How do I get more hours in my days?

News Comments > Darksiders - Warmastered Edition
4. Re: Darksiders - Warmastered Edition Nov 30, 2016, 01:18 Slashman

Free stuff + Me = Happy Gamer W00t  

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
33. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 27, 2016, 10:09 Slashman

You know...if they were adding capital ship building, I would be a lot more enthused. You can move a giant-ass cap ship at least. A base on a planet...not so much.

That said, I'm fine with them continuing to try to fix the game, but I've seen many times before where fixing a game even with less issues than NMS just could not be done.

Non-implemented features sometimes require serious engine work and rewrites to make them work. I'm just not sure they can reasonably make good without more staff, resources and ultimately money. Which leads back to the paid content angle that I'm pretty sure no one wants to jump on.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
33. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 13:37 Slashman

Prez wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 10:53:
yuastnav wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 10:49:

Shadow Warrior 2 is a whole different beast to me. TB criticised it because of the whole "looter shooter" thing which is ridiculous to me because I never looked at this game this way. The shooting feels tremendously satisfying, the maps are great and the movement is so much fun. You can be so fast in this game.

Total Biscuit likes straight run and gun. I saw his critique of Shadow Warrior 2 and everything he listed as a negative for him basically sold the game to me. I picked it up on sale and I am going to install it soon.

Total Biscuit has never impressed me much as a review source. Even his review of SW1 never highlighted the things that made it a good game to me. But hey...he's got an accent and a following so we must take him seriously.

Honestly he's got poor gaming skills and many times those are reflected in his reviews. I'm pretty crappy at platformers, but that doesn't mean every game with platforming gameplay is crap.

News Comments > Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo
2. Re: Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo Nov 22, 2016, 19:12 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 15:03:
I really wish someone would do something Ass Creedish in the Edo period of Japan. That would effing rock.

Yeah...that WOULD rock. Ass Creed: Shinobi!

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
91. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 20, 2016, 21:26 Slashman

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 18:03:

That's at least one thing I'm rooting for RSI on. Don't compromise for the sake of lesser hardware. Build the most hardware destroying game out there. We've been in need of another Crysis.

Wait...is that like another crisis or Crysis? I always get the two mixed up. Confused

2265 Comments. 114 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo