Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2213 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hearthstone Balance Change Plans
3. Re: Hearthstone Balance Change Plans Sep 29, 2016, 20:43 Slashman

Well crap...now I need to rethink my 'Dirty Shaman' deck. Brood  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Announced
27. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 20:18 Slashman

Creston wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 18:53:
Cool. What the hell is fig, though?

Crowd funding platform. Like Kickstarter except backers can get financial returns on their investment.

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
70. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 24, 2016, 08:52 Slashman

My one question right now is this:

How are they going to continue to fund this if Chris is determined that everything be done exactly the way he wants it or it gets a do-over?

325 employees right? Even if you average their salary at a VERY modest 4k a month, that's still 1.3 mil a month not counting office space, building upkeep, utilities, travel expenses, MARKETING and several other things I'm likely forgetting.

If this does need to take another 3-4 years to complete, how do they keep the lights on and pay people? They have 2 games to deleiver and each one depends on the other to move forward.

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name
26. Re: Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name Sep 22, 2016, 09:17 Slashman

heroin wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 02:09:
I see a lot of Blizz hate from people that probably haven't been paying attention to all the new stuff that has come out. The latest Heroes map is awesome and the game is an absolute blast to play.

New Overwatch map is pretty good and overall the new competitive mode makes the game a lot more fun to play. It definitely feels a lot better than it did in beta.

New WoW expansion is fucking awesome. It's hard to believe that they were able to breath fresh air into such an old game to the point that it's about the only game I've played all month long. The amount of content and systems in this expansion is absolutely mind-boggling and it's all tied up into a cohesive experience, especially in the end game when world quests open up.

Some of their staple employees may have left, sure, but I doubt Blizz is going to put out anything that isn't of superior game quality in the future. And I look forward to the games made by the few that went off to start the own projects (hopefully none of those projects turn out to be as much of a headache as Wildstar). Been playing Blizz games since the original Warcraft and I really don't care what they call Battle.net... as long as they add support into their program for older games, especially one's I still play like Warcraft 3 (which recently got a multiplayer overhaul).

Your name...so appropriate. I think maybe it might be time to get some help though. Wreck

News Comments > Elite Dangerous May Drop Win32 and DX10
30. Re: Elite Dangerous May Drop Win32 and DX10 Sep 20, 2016, 09:50 Slashman

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 09:29:
I wonder what kind of refunds people re getting when EA decides to shut some MP servers down for a year and a half old game

Nahnah

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 14:34 Slashman

Zanthar wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 13:50:
Slashman wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 13:31:
Pigeon wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 13:24:
Did they ever patch Arkham Knight into an acceptable game or is it still a shit show of bugs and poor optimization?

Friend of mine says you NEED 16 GB of RAM to make it run properly. Damned if I'm upgrading RAM when everything else in my library runs just fine with 8 GB, including Witcher 3, which is arguably a superior looking game.

I've been playing it with no problems, and I only have 8mb ram and a 780Ti I went with the default settings the game suggested though, and it's not ultra or even high, but it still looks pretty damn good. It's worth the $10 that I paid for the game, anyways lol

Hmmm...the problem with me is I'm going to want to go in and tweak and increase the graphics settings. Not that I wouldn't mess around to see what I could do in any case, but I'm still on my Witcher 3 run through and have the two expansions to do after that. So I'm not in a huge hurry. I'll catch it next sale.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 13:31 Slashman

Pigeon wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 13:24:
Did they ever patch Arkham Knight into an acceptable game or is it still a shit show of bugs and poor optimization?

Friend of mine says you NEED 16 GB of RAM to make it run properly. Damned if I'm upgrading RAM when everything else in my library runs just fine with 8 GB, including Witcher 3, which is arguably a superior looking game.

News Comments > Stars in Shadow Early Access
8. Re: Stars in Shadow Early Access Sep 17, 2016, 09:23 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 01:35:
Slashman wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 00:00:
Cutter wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 20:39:
Yeah, I like the look, but it looks far to focused on combat.

I'm waiting for a space 4x that actually IS focused on combat. I'm tired of all this building movie theaters on planets. Please SotS HD remake...get here already!

Really? Aren't the all that way? I can't seem to recall any one where you could really focus on science, exploration, diplomacy, and trade. Without question you're always forced into war somewhere along the way.

Well if you take war out of a 4x it becomes a 3x doesn't it?

I'd like one that pays more than passing attention to the war part. There are plenty that focus on the building movie houses on planets type of gameplay. In fact, most of the current crop of 4x games do that.

Just because they all have a fighting aspect doesn't make them war focused at all. Again, SotS games are the only ones with an actual deep battle and ship design system (in RTS style). Everyone else does RNG battles. The GalCiv games are a perfect example of this.

News Comments > Stars in Shadow Early Access
4. Re: Stars in Shadow Early Access Sep 16, 2016, 00:00 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 20:39:
Yeah, I like the look, but it looks far to focused on combat.

I'm waiting for a space 4x that actually IS focused on combat. I'm tired of all this building movie theaters on planets. Please SotS HD remake...get here already!

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Video
19. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Video Sep 12, 2016, 18:37 Slashman

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 18:15:

Yup, I'd say hate. I found the monsters and the weapons to be outright terrible. It's all opinion, but I'd put them in the bottom 10% of shooters I've played.

Congrats! You've become part of a minority!

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Video
3. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Video Sep 12, 2016, 10:39 Slashman

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a way turn off the numbers.

Also, I got an additional 10% off for owning the first game so I got it from Steam at 20% off.

Good news is I can refund if by some odd quirk of fate this turns out to be a bad game. I highly doubt that though so I think I got a decent deal.

This is a decent dev so I can break my "no pre-order" rule for them this once.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2016, 22:35 Slashman

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 22:20:

I firmly believe that most people who compare a game they think is bad to Atari's E.T. simply haven't played it and are using it as a token based on the numerous stories about it being the worst game ever. It's pretty much a meme at this point.

Well I played E.T. way back in the day on my cousin's Atari. I can't absolutely be sure it's the worse game ever made, but it did suck a lot of donkey balls. Hairy, smelly donkey balls. At the time, though, I don't think I cared as much as I would now.

NMS is a disappointment. It is not now nor will be in the very near future worth $60. It should be selling for somewhere around $20...maybe. Nothing more than that.

News Comments > Humble End of Summer Sale Includes Free Tropico 4
8. Re: Humble End of Summer Sale Includes Free Tropico 4 Sep 9, 2016, 09:47 Slashman

nin wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 08:57:
loomy wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 08:50:
I would get this but they require you to link your humble account to your steam account, which I assume profits them in some way greater than I will profit from getting a game I won't play

so they can suck it!

I always assumed it's because they don't want the free keys resold elsewhere.

Conspiracy theories are sexier!

News Comments > Humble End of Summer Sale Includes Free Tropico 4
4. Re: Humble End of Summer Sale Includes Free Tropico 4 Sep 9, 2016, 08:12 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 03:24:
I bought Tropico 3 a couple of years ago and have yet to get to it!

Pick up the free 4. Tropico games aren't really sequels. They are iterations of the previous games. So you don't lose anything by skipping an older one for a newer one.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface
58. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 7, 2016, 16:40 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 13:43:
Prez wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 11:43:
Wow I feel like a celebrity!

Celebrity has its downsides. A lot of presidents have body guard detachments for protection, and they don't come cheap. Anxious

Yeah but the taxpayers foot that bill so...

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface
40. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 15:38 Slashman

Prez wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 15:09:
Hey better late than never!

So how the hell is everyone???

Where the hell have you been? We're still here. Older and curmudgeonly-er...

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 5, 2016, 09:19 Slashman

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 00:56:
Fion wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 14:51:
All these people buying a full-price expansion to - as I understand it - a broken, and bug-ridden alpha game... makes me sick. It sets yet another dangerous precedent and says to the company and others like it:

I'm sorry to tell you that precedent was set long time ago, MMO's were the original game to tell you most gamers were morons, why would you pay for an RPG where you don't control the server software? MMO's are the biggest con in gaming history, monthly subscription for a piece of software you never own that can be destroyed and taken away at any time.

The reality is the rise of the internet allowed the corporations to see how dumb humanity really was, that most gamers are stupid, feeble minded and illiterate.

Hey...don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel!

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month
10. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 3, 2016, 07:47 Slashman

Not going to preorder but it is very likely a day one buy for me if reviews are good!  

News Comments > Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released
17. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 2, 2016, 10:02 Slashman

PHJF wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 21:06:
Pretty sure rubberbanding was fixed via a community patch some time ago anyways... Game had a pretty dedicated little community.

Yep. There was a sizable community patch which also had a Steam version that I never played without once I discovered it.

News Comments > Space Rogue This Month
3. Re: Space Rogue This Month Sep 2, 2016, 08:27 Slashman

Midnight wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 00:13:
.Drifter wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 21:39:
Well crap, I thought it was a remake of the old Origin game from years ago . . .

Same. That was one of the defining games of my childhood.

Yep. The original Space Rogue was the precursor to Privateer.

2213 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo