Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2471 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > QuakeCon 2018 Registration
3. Re: QuakeCon 2018 Registration Jun 30, 2018, 19:26 Slashman

Private LAN parties with friends you know are still the best way to go.

I'd really like to get back to organizing some of those at some point.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
5. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 30, 2018, 11:15 Slashman

Game of Thrones? Really? Mr. Martin might like a word with them about accuracy.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video
3. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 10:53 Slashman

As long as people continue to financially support this amazingly bloated project, it will continue to appear to make progress while making very little.

That's not sarcasm. That's just the truth. As long as thousand dollar ship packages keep selling, as long as plots of virtual real-estate keep selling, as long as concept art keeps selling, Star Citizen will be around and will not launch.

If I were a programmer/artist/game designer, I'd want in on this gig. Continuous employment for more than half a decade is pretty good for a game programmer with the type of salaries I imagine are getting paid.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Launches
3. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Launches Jun 28, 2018, 19:58 Slashman

I don't think ED is ever really going to turn into a different game. They'll add more things to do but I doubt they are looking to change the experience from its core.

In any case...maybe X4 coming out this year will be the answer for some folks who thought Elite was a bit too whatever.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 26, 2018, 16:24 Slashman

Wow! I agree with Cutter. Not sure how to go on now... Jester  

News Comments > Defense Task Force Released
3. Re: Defense Task Force Released Jun 19, 2018, 20:51 Slashman

Seems like they neglected to do much marketing. I'm likely going to grab this...just hope it finds some legs.

X-Morph Defense became my number 1 TD over the past couple of months.

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Gameplay Footage
8. Re: Serious Sam 4 Gameplay Footage Jun 19, 2018, 00:45 Slashman

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 00:14:
Let's be frank, Serious Sam is only still around because of a) its small but rabid cult following and b) the nostalgia factor for anyone else looking to play more of this "old-school shooter." Neither one of those groups wants to see the gameplay change, like at all... They tried mixing it up with SS3, remember? Everyone hated it. Taking those same, dumb old enemies and just letting you slaughter more of them than ever is pretty much exactly what they should be doing.

To wit...Serious Sam will never turn into Wolfenstein.

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Gameplay Footage
5. Re: Poor Sam got screwed by console again. Jun 18, 2018, 21:03 Slashman

Cram wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 20:25:
WitcherOntheProwl wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 20:19:
That A.I. is really bad. I've played many pre-alpha's and this looks really bad also. This demo screamed console.

I think the enemy design in general needs a complete rework if only to bring something new to the series. The Kleer, for example, same thing as every previous game. Exact same AI in SS1,SE, SS2, SS3, it runs at you, jump attacks, and you strafe and fire. Same strat since SS1. Same with the charging bull enemy shown.

I thought the graphics look great though; the amount of customization and options every previous SS engine has allowed for you on PC is pretty over the top and no reason to think this one won't follow suit.

There is no Serious Sam game where a single AI unit is supposed to be a threat. It is when they are coming at you in mixed waves of 40 - 60 that the challenge is presented. So mixing Kleer Skells, Werebulls, suicide bombers and some mechs is definitely not going to be easy street.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2018, 19:05 Slashman

And with that warning from Creston I am not even going to bother trying my Humble Monthly copy.

Reminding me of all the good reasons I stopped playing MMOs years ago.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 9
9. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 9 Jun 16, 2018, 21:42 Slashman

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 21:22:
Yea...if CJ has a wife he needs to sleep with 1 eye open cas thy woman surely hates his grumpy ass..if one ever put up with him...

Wondering why he even plays games to begin with.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 15, 2018, 18:38 Slashman

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 15, 2018, 17:03:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 15, 2018, 16:53:
What an idiot, our economy is going to crash again. There's no way we can sustain a first world deficit with a 2nd world economy. Worst possible idea and time to start a trade war. No way we can win, starting fights with our friends. We owe China more than 11 trillion(bush), that doesn't even include the interest. This is going increase the chance of recession 10 fold.
While the gap between the 1% and the rest of us will continue to widen.

All according to plan perhaps? If there is one thing 1%ers hate, it is not feeling extra special. Widening that gap is the best way to ensure that the rest of us don't have access to the things they do and never will.

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
55. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 19:42 Slashman

Just for the record, I was not saying that Windows 10 was a shitty OS. I was referring to MS exclusivity regarding it and their games along with DirectX exclusivity.

Although I really don't like the sneaked in updates when I turn my back. Why the hell are you asking me permission for some updates and then totally ignoring my opinion for others MS?

31. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 14:49 Slashman

Slick and several more people on here are acting like MS hasn't done this shit already!

Fallout 3 on Games for Windows Live sure was lovely right? The Arkham games on Games for Windows Live were divine weren't they? I'm sure we all lamented when GFWL got removed from these and Red Faction Guerilla.

This has nothing to do with wanting MS to sell through some one else's store, it has to do with the fact that they keep proving they are shitty at managing their own. And to answer your questions Slick, I do not buy through Origin or play EA games pretty much ever because Origin itself keeps flagging my geographical location incorrectly and charging me stupid extra.

If you want to use the wonderful Windows store, go ahead. I, on the other hand, have no interest and don't want the bother.

The shitty OS and DirectX exclusivity is yet another reason for me to take a step back from this. Jesus Slick, do you just post for the sake of being the contrarian?

I mean I honestly have no idea why I should give a flying frak about poor, downtrodden MS taking whatever hit the other digital stores charge. I'm a consumer. I consume what is best for me. Others have that right and I'm fine with people who use Origin or the Windows store, it just won't be me. And from the looks of things, I'm not alone.

12. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 12:02 Slashman

For me it comes to down the fact that there is nothing I really want from Microsoft except non-exclusivity of their games on the console side.

Just make your games and then port them to PC and sell them through Steam, GOG and other established retailers.

What MS keeps trying to make fit is some kind of return to Windows Live that nobody liked or wanted. Your store will never be the cool thing you want us to believe it is. Stop getting involved in aspects that don't matter to us. We have GOG, Steam, GMG and a host of other, better digital retailers.

All MS has to do is decide if they want PC gamers to enjoy the same games they are putting out for console and if so, then just stop getting in the way of that. We don't want your shitty store and its front end.

News Comments > LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September
16. Re: LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September Jun 13, 2018, 18:06 Slashman

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 17:49:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 15:48:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 13:36:
And when he started this BR clone 4 years ago... what would he be cloning?

Good point, hard to see in the future but there were examples of this from quake 3 arena "last man standing" mods back in the day. I remember playing something similar to a battle royale back in Quake 2.

Obviously this is early 2000 and it took till ~2016ish with PUBG and The Culling to really catapult this genre.
The Culling? The Culling never really started. And now its dead. Stupid devs again. The players told them what they want, but they ignored them.

I think players underestimate how difficult it is for developers to change direction and alter all their future plans regardless of the wants of the majority of players. Not getting it right the first time is a near-certain death-knell.

That's not really anyone's fault. Hindsight is 20-20 afterall. This is the risk of trying to make a multiplayer only game.

News Comments > Steam Ending Windows XP and Vista Support
21. Re: Steam Ending Windows XP and Vista Support Jun 13, 2018, 07:47 Slashman

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 07:28:
I agree with WaltC, maintaining a XP machine is pure madness.

And a security disaster waiting to happen if you have it on an internet-connected network.

News Comments > Steam Ending Windows XP and Vista Support
14. Re: Steam Ending Windows XP and Vista Support Jun 12, 2018, 23:03 Slashman

SunnyD wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 22:46:
warmbluelasers wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 18:44:
More business for GOG.

Win / Win!! Steam clears out their cruft, and the GoG guys make a few more bucks.

~Finis~

Really only just a few though.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
65. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 11:53 Slashman

Qbex . wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 10:09:
Podsmith re trailer reaction

I just leave it here for all you heathens. No need to bitch , game is in good hands. I'm more interested in underlying philosophy, than superficial aesthetics, raincoats dudes in rain out in night neon lit streets been done hundreds times over, don't get me wrong I love that as well but those guys aim to give us a bit more than that.

People are quite simply ridiculous. Corruption, greed and depravity pretty much always hide under shiny exteriors. A dark future has nothing to do with depressing weather. Is it set in England or something?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser
19. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 12, 2018, 08:55 Slashman

Prez wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 08:07:
Awesome! Can't wait to see how many bugs go unpatches by Bethesda in this one!

Dude have you seen the unofficial Skyrim Patch? It's friggin' infinite!

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
59. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 21:04 Slashman

Task wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 20:48:
Check out this vid folks, its so good!

Cyberpunk 2077, as told by Ciri

Ciri better have a cameo when this game finally drops! Damn!

2471 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo