Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2440 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen's $27,000 Bundle?
65. Re: Star Citizen's $27,000 Bundle? May 29, 2018, 20:31 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on May 29, 2018, 20:01:
Tigger wrote on May 29, 2018, 13:30:
Wow, I can't believe this is still a thing we talk about. Development started in 2011 and they're still not done. How many triple AAA titles have been started and released in that time?

Yes, but how many of those AAA games have essential features like MAPPING YOUR OWN FACIAL MOVEMENTS ONTO YOUR AVATAR??/

ZOMG, this game is going to OWN when it finishes.

In about 12 - 15 years or so?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

57. Re: Star Citizen's $27,000 Bundle? May 29, 2018, 14:14 Slashman

It is still a thing we talk about because there has been no final death knell as yet. It is still up in the air as to what, exactly, will come out of all of this.

Also note, no Squadron 42 yet. No reason that shouldn't have launched by now.

47. Re: Star Citizen's $27,000 Bundle? May 29, 2018, 10:00 Slashman

Mr. Tact wrote on May 29, 2018, 09:49:
Morbid curiosity. It is like watching a car or train wreck in slow motion...

The question is if it will ever actually wreck.

RSI seems to have hit on a formula that lets them continue on indefinitely. They keep making Derek Smart look like the opposite of his last name with all of his predictions about the big crash never coming to pass.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale 4 Video Walkthrough
10. Re: The Bard's Tale 4 Video Walkthrough May 26, 2018, 20:10 Slashman

CJ_Parker wrote on May 26, 2018, 18:53:
Slashman wrote on May 26, 2018, 18:15:
Not sure what the point of the static portraits is.

Auld skewl.

Auld skewl for the sake of it is really pointless. They updated pretty much everything else. There are all these detailed animations and graphics for the enemy...but nothing for the player's party.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale 4 Video Walkthrough
7. Re: The Bard's Tale 4 Video Walkthrough May 26, 2018, 18:15 Slashman

Looking forward to this. My only complaint is why not just use 3d models for the player characters instead of drawings? The characters are rendered 3d in the inventory/creation screen. Not sure what the point of the static portraits is.  

News Comments > Age of Wonders: Planetfall Announced
7. Re: Age of Wonders: Planetfall Announced May 20, 2018, 00:55 Slashman

CJ_Parker wrote on May 19, 2018, 19:01:
SciFi setting is perfect for DLC'o'rama piecemeal deliveries, of course. They can just keep adding planet after planet until the udders are dry.

Good to know we can always count on you Mr. Ray of Sunshine! Sunny

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 14, 2018, 22:50 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on May 14, 2018, 13:26:
That was a funny KS vid. These guys have style.

Still, what I'd really like to see is a modern Hexen/Heretic.

So much this!!!

News Comments > Another Developer Banned for Fake Steam Reviews
17. Re: Another Developer Banned for Fake Steam Reviews May 11, 2018, 16:01 Slashman

Cutter, seriously man. I played Titan Quest from start to end and the expansion. That was no fault of the developer.

And including characters with certain viewpoints in a game has NOTHING to do with the gameplay, graphics, interface etc of the game. Only, at best, the story of the game. How is giving a game a negative review in any way or form fair based on that single point alone? Or ANY single point alone actually, unless its a game breaking bug/mechanic?

Someone made a Chinese translation mod for Endless Legend and then violated the forum rules on Steam by pointing to pirated content. He was then banned and his mod removed. Chinese users then began review bombing the game, based on nothing more than the bad behavior of someone who had nothing to do with the game or its development. Is that fair to you? If your answer is yes, then maybe you need to do some soul searching.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
15. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 6, 2018, 13:32 Slashman

HorrorScope wrote on May 6, 2018, 12:33:
That is extremely sad, stopped a little ways in.

First of all, the loss of life is never a happy thing, but this was a willful case of idiocy being rewarded in a predictable, if tragic, way.

Also, anyone thinking that those folks should rush a bear may not have much knowledge of what one of those things is capable of. Bears have extremely tough hides and thick muscle that regular guns have a hard time piercing. Sticks and stones would really not do the trick. Also, that was an injured animal who believed it was fighting for its life. That makes it all the more dangerous.

The bottom line here is that an idiot reaped what he sowed. Sometimes that happens.

News Comments > Offworld Trading Company Free Weekend
4. Re: Offworld Trading Company Free Weekend May 4, 2018, 09:31 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on May 4, 2018, 02:57:
Cutter wrote on May 3, 2018, 23:50:
jdreyer wrote on May 3, 2018, 22:05:
*goes to sign up for free weekend*
*realizes already owns game*

So is it a chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity?

Nah, without a free weekend pressure, Ima keep playing BattleTech.

Hell's Yeah!!!

News Comments > Get The Witcher Free
33. Re: Get The Witcher Free May 2, 2018, 08:10 Slashman

From what I understand also, they don't make Witchers anymore. They are something of a dying breed. That's why the Witcher schools have fallen into ruin.

So to make the story about a new Witcher, you'd have to find a reason why they are still being created when the rest of the world has stopped the practice. Witcher creation is basically mass murder. Most will not live.

News Comments > Champions Online Celebrates Milestone
8. Re: Champions Online Celebrates Milestone Apr 24, 2018, 15:12 Slashman

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 06:24:
Bill Borre wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 20:53:
I wish this game would get a reboot like The Secret World did. I read a writeup from Cryptic about why the game will never have a mission editor like some of their other games because the engine they used is an older one, but it's been out for so many years now it would be cool if they updated it and added the mission editor capability.

Because a mission editor destroyed City of Heroes/Villains. People made farm missions and that was the end of the game, pure and simple. Why play the game when you can max out a character in less then 10 hours sitting in a mission?

This game has been left to rot after the popularity of Star Trek Online and Neverwinter Nights Online.

CoX was better ONLY in the having more larger zones. But was so badly balanced that a fire/fire controller could utterly destroy an entire mission in 10 mins without much work. And PVP was a nightmare.

The editor was a badly planned move by the devs. They were warned about the farming potential by beta testers and went ahead anyway. The game needed more baseline content at the time, not player created content, which was greatly limited anyway because the editor was not a precision tool...

As for your complaint about fire/kin controllers. No one really cared and I never saw an overabundance of them anyway. Thematically, not everyone wanted to play them.

News Comments > Champions Online Celebrates Milestone
4. Re: Champions Online Celebrates Milestone Apr 23, 2018, 23:33 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 22:50:
Yeah, CoH was tons better. Still amazes me how few (good) superhero games there are/have ever been for video games. I'd love to see a new CoH.

I'd be all-in for that!

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend
12. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend Apr 14, 2018, 13:37 Slashman

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 11:42:
nomoreshite wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 08:17:
read the comments on the videos, funny as f*ck
Just a bunch of peeps hyped about a game. good energy

I guess blindness fuels good energy.

News Comments > Hearthstone Expands
2. Re: Hearthstone Expands Apr 13, 2018, 22:22 Slashman

Mac wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 16:39:
They missed a trick .. the year of the SHAVEN raven would have been far more fun !

Not for the Raven it wouldn't!

News Comments > Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes
40. Re: Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes Apr 12, 2018, 09:40 Slashman

Steam is by no means a perfect platform or application, but damn! The amount of vitriol and hate that spews out anytime it specifically gets a mention on Blues regarding any type of changes its making is so freaking over the top.

Some folks really need to find something to do to reduce their bitterness levels. They're just toxic.

News Comments > R.I.P. Steam Machines?
29. Re: 007bistromath@gmail.com Apr 3, 2018, 00:00 Slashman

The apocalypse didn't happen and now we have all these underground bunkers that no one wants. Sweatdrop  

News Comments > R.I.P. Steam Machines?
13. Re: R.I.P. Steam Machines? Apr 2, 2018, 12:24 Slashman

These were a solution to a non-problem. Needless paranoia...  

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced
25. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced Mar 30, 2018, 13:24 Slashman

[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 23:30:
THIS GAME SUCKED THEN AND IT SUCKS NOW. CASH GRAB!! There waiting for YOU GABE in the test chamber. They are going to attach electrodes to your TENDER BITS and turn up the JUICE. TURN IT way way WAY UP.

I'm guessing all the meds ran out...

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Mar 27, 2018, 08:48 Slashman

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 07:16:
webber wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 06:04:
X-Morph is awesome! Highly recommended.
Came in here to say pretty much the same thing. I bought it at full price, no regrets.

Must assimilate the entire planet Earth!

2440 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo