Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2338 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
29. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 25, 2017, 16:24 Slashman

SFLUFAN wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 15:46:
For some inexplicable reason, this confirmation of what I already suspected has upset me a LOT more than I thought it would Cry

Yeah I still consider it a loss to the gaming community (however small that base for HL games has shrunk to nowadays). It didn't need to go out like that. It still feels shitty all around and always will for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM 2 Free Weekend
13. Re: XCOM 2 Free Weekend Aug 25, 2017, 16:04 Slashman

Rhett wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 15:55:
I would definitely recommend not playing iron man unless you're set on it. Almost everyone "save scums". At least then, you have the option to deal with a hand of bullshit when you accidentally hit the wrong key, or something else in the game is dumb in your eyes.

HAH! I'm a real man. Iron man or GTFO! I feel no pain! Really...just a flesh wound...I can totally stitch that leg back on...Mother!

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends
27. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 20:25 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 20:18:
UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 15:08:
Did it ever really begin?

Actually, yes. ME:A had a lot of post-launch support that addressed many of the issues people had with the game.

It's a shame that EA is abandoning the game/series. For all its flaws, ME:A still had the best combat in the series. If they had cut the filler and focused on a much more concise 40 hour experience instead of a bloated 100+ hour experience, the game would have been better for it. You'd think they'd have learned from DA:I that bigger isn't always better but there was probably a mandate from EA to make their games as big as possible.

No sense there. If you are starting a new trilogy, you don't want to bloat things from the get-go. Gotta love that corporate input.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2017, 20:19 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 19:45:
Just started BL PreSequel, and having a blast. Playing as Claptrap, of course.

Well, at least you didn't pick the most annoying character ever or anything. Rolleyes2

News Comments > Non-VR EVE: Valkyrie - Warzone Announced
2. Re: Non-VR EVE: Valkyrie - Warzone Announced Aug 16, 2017, 12:10 Slashman

ViRGE wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 06:55:
Hmm, interesting. Valkyrie is not a game that required VR in terms of game design, but boy did it sure make it a lot of fun. I wonder what non-VR players will think of it?

That it needs a good solid chunk of single player content?

News Comments > Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Released
19. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Released Aug 8, 2017, 16:11 Slashman

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 15:27:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 10:07:
Looks amazing.... very positive reviews..... 30 bucks..... ok one of these seems off.

True. It's about 20 bucks too expensive for a digital title. Wake me up when it goes on sale for under 10 bucks.

Whatever you're smoking must be really awesome! Smoking

12. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Released Aug 8, 2017, 14:41 Slashman

Not sure why permadeath would even be that big of a thing. Hell no one ever played Xcom on Ironman? That's how I play all of them!  

2. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Released Aug 8, 2017, 10:30 Slashman

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 10:07:
Looks amazing.... very positive reviews..... 30 bucks..... ok one of these seems off.

Too good to be true??

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
23. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 23:34 Slashman

For some, just the idea of the game is its own reward. Or something...  

News Comments > EA on Game Streaming
3. Re: EA on Game Streaming Jul 28, 2017, 20:09 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 19:57:
It sure as hell hasn't changed how I think about ownership, and that is is if I pay for it I should own it. And with the Repubes killing NN who the hell is going to want to do any streaming when mega-conglomerates like AT&T are going to charge people a fortune for access because there's no competition. In a world with universal access to dirt cheap gigabit access what they're talking about would work but we don't live in that world.

Yeah its like: "Thanks Oba...oh wait!"

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
30. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 12:33 Slashman

ItBurn wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 12:26:
Every year since the xbox has been introduced, Microsoft has vomited these lies while consistently doings things that are against the interest of PC gamers. I've seen it happen and I remember.

Yeah but did it REEEEAAAALLLLY happen? Maybe you didn't realize all of the good stuff they actually did. Like that time when.............

Wow, OK I got nothin'.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 24, 2017, 10:37 Slashman

Have still not finished my Ironman Xcom 2 run. Gaming time...where have you gone???  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior: Special Edition (2013) for Free
9. Re: Shadow Warrior: Special Edition (2013) for Free Jul 21, 2017, 00:09 Slashman

Behold the power of Wang in your hands!  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II Preorder Bonus
6. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Preorder Bonus Jul 19, 2017, 15:30 Slashman

Can someone here invent some kind of temporal pocket cut off from real time so that I can go in and play games for about 3 months straight to knock off some of my Steam backlog? Then I exit and only about 40 seconds have passed in real time.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 18, 2017, 14:50 Slashman

NKD wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 11:59:
mag wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 20:47:
Cutter wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 18:28:
I always knew Twitter was for dumb people. Glad they've proven that beyond any question now.

Trump's access to Twitter will be the savior of democracy. November, 2020, without Twitter: "I mean, I remember hating Trump, but I don't remember why. This other guy is new and different and I fear change. I'll vote Trump again."

Nevember, 2020, with Twitter: "I mean, I remember hating Trump, but I don't--" "The NSA (BIG DUMMIES) won't let me tell Putin that the nuke code is 1-2-3-4-5! SAD!" "Oh, right, that's why."

Trump knows all about nukes! Or so he claims...

RetardInChief wrote:
Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

Wtf

News Comments > EVE Online Project Discovery
3. Re: EVE Online Project Discovery Jul 13, 2017, 08:53 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 03:17:
Huh, so Eve Online feeling the heat generated by Elite Dangerous?

I've never seen EVE as a direct or even indirect competitor to ED. They are completely different games with different audiences.

News Comments > Interstellar Space: Genesis Preorders and Instant Access Underway
3. Re: Interstellar Space: Genesis Preorders and Instant Access Underway Jul 13, 2017, 08:50 Slashman

Could we please have an end to the 'spiritual successors' and 'inspired by' MOO-like 4X games? How about some original ideas once in a fucking while?  

News Comments > Strike Vector EX Open Beta
3. Re: Strike Vector EX Open Beta Jul 9, 2017, 11:10 Slashman

Crap I thought I was the only one who sucked at it. Now I feel better...  

News Comments > Total War Saga Series Announced
4. Re: Total War Saga Series Announced Jul 5, 2017, 15:44 Slashman

aka_STEVE wrote on Jul 5, 2017, 15:36:
Even though I played the very first few ,- I never did get back into any of the rest of the series.....

I jumped back in at TW: Warhammer because I got it in the Humble Monthly Subscription. It actually is a very good game. Less complexity than TW: Shogun, but in a way that fits Warhammer lore and the universe.

News Comments > Total War Saga Series Announced
2. Re: Total War Saga Series Announced Jul 5, 2017, 15:28 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2017, 10:36:
Really? They're making a game about the band Saga? I guess they decided it in the heat of the moment.
Wry

Heh Grin2

2338 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo