Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2171 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Just Cause 3: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass Announced
11. Re: Just Cause 3: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass Announced Sep 15, 2015, 14:49 Slashman

Steele Johnson wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 13:50:
The physics in this game sucks. Way too unrealistic (and seems like lazy programming).

Troll...or really only have a handful of functioning braincells to work with? Hard...to...tell...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadowhand Announced
9. Re: Shadowhand Announced Sep 14, 2015, 20:29 Slashman

Hand of Fate is pretty much all I really need from a card game aside from Hearthstone.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2015, 11:48 Slashman

El Pit wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 08:58:
Slashman wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 08:47:
I simply don't use Origin.

I'm fine sticking to GOG, GMG and Steam.

I'm likely a minority case though.

Some people want to play Dragon Age: Inquisition, Battlefield, Crysis, Dead Space, or other EA games and therefore have no legal alternative.

I have no beef with Origin, imo it's not worse as a drm system than e.g. Steam. GOG, of course, is in its own league as a non-drm software delivery system.

GMG? Can they even be compared to software delivery systems like Steam, Origin, Battle.net, or GOG's Galaxy?

I have a few beefs with it. First, it insists that I'm in a EU territory and charges me at EU prices.

I don't get most of the regular sales offers that come through, and on top of that, even a sale is still a ridiculously high amount to pay for most things because I'm being charged in Euros.

Their tech support was laughably unhelpful even when I tried to point out that it is insane that Steam, GMG, GOG and Gamergate all have me in the correct territory and pricing and Origin is the only digital store that doesn't.

Add all this to the fact that I really have not found myself craving EA games and their insane DLC policies and I'm perfectly happy with the other selection of games vying for my play time.

34. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2015, 08:47 Slashman

I simply don't use Origin.

I'm fine sticking to GOG, GMG and Steam.

I'm likely a minority case though.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 13, 2015, 19:30 Slashman

I'm really more interested in an Origins vs Steam comparison than in a Battle.net vs Steam comparison.

Did jumping away from Steam really benefit Origin/EA in the long run?

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend
34. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Sep 12, 2015, 23:33 Slashman

Tulwinn wrote on Sep 12, 2015, 15:25:
Thanks guys I appreciate the info, I will go for the Complete Pack. I would have tried it this weeked but have vistors so no play time for me

PSSST! Kick them out! Get that you time you so desperately need. Beam

21. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend Sep 11, 2015, 14:43 Slashman

Flatline wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 14:14:
PHJF wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 10:51:
The human enemies in XCOM are poorly integrated and have almost no scaling. It isn't long before they post no threat whatsoever but nevertheless continually harass XCOM, because pinpointing their base takes an unreasonable amount of time and/or trial and error. It could have been a lot more interesting if the enemy human forces more closely paralleled XCOM in equipment/abilities/tactics.

They hit Tier 2 weapons & upgrades generally speaking.

But yes, usually by the time you find their base unless you get lucky, you're starting into plasma and power armor and it's just a slaughter-fest.

Depends on the difficulty level and second wave options you choose. I play on classic/ironman with several second wave options so it wasn't all a simple cakewalk in my case. Laser weapons aren't completely harmless.

6. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend Sep 11, 2015, 10:45 Slashman

Pigeon wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 10:30:
Wallshadows wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 09:59:
I've been meaning to get Enemy Within...

It's adds some nice variety that's not present in Unknown. I got both in a bundle and played Unknown first thinking Within was a more traditional expansion with separate story. It is not; it adds couple of events, scenarios and new classes/powers (mec's and gene mods.) It's worth it at $7.50, I think it adds more game-play depth; there's just no reason to play Enemy Unknown first.

Pretty much this.

News Comments > Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed
19. Re: Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed Sep 10, 2015, 16:40 Slashman

Alamar wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 11:23:

If everyone had an equal chance to get cards, there would be no change to the system... Those who put in the time early get those cards faster and dominate later... The fact you have to pay with a few days of time, instead of money doesn't change the system.

It does by making the 'currency' common and something that everyone pays equally.

It's always interesting when people bring these arguments that are pro an obviously unbalanced Pay-to-get-ahead system.

If everyone got an equal chance at the same cards and no one could buy their way ahead, then the system changes because people who put in more time get better. But they don't automatically get all the good cards.

At the end of the day, the developers choose whether they want competition based on skill and luck or whether they want competition based on who has the most cash on hand to spend.

News Comments > Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed
6. Re: Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed Sep 10, 2015, 10:28 Slashman

How about the Dota 2 route where you only sell cosmetic stuff? Card backs, avatars, arenas etc.

Give everyone an equal chance to get cards.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Sep 10, 2015, 09:10 Slashman

EA! Putting the dick in dickwad ever since we shut down the REAL Origin.  

News Comments > Laborious Patches
2. Re: Laborious Patches Sep 8, 2015, 08:22 Slashman

I was checking it out on the Steam page yesterday.

It does look interesting.

I just don't get this "pre-alpha" term. Isn't Alpha supposed to be the barebones prototype after the conception stage where you are building the game and adding/removing features and deciding what else to add in the future?

I thought pre-alpha was where you don't actually have a game yet...just raw concept and maybe a very bare-bones piece of code that allows some movement and interaction.

Why not just call it alpha?

News Comments > Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video
49. Re: Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video Sep 7, 2015, 11:20 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Sep 7, 2015, 03:58:
Yeah, if you're in an FPS on a cap ship while a battle goes on out in space around you, that's a tricky thing to pull off, I agree. But it's not something we haven't seen before. SW BF2 had levels like that 10 years ago. So there's precedent. And people down on the planet are still in a separate instance, although it would be cool to be on planet with your marcobinoculars and look up and watch the battle in space, but I suspect that won't be the case (Don't get any ideas Chris!!).

Too late! Planet to space missile barrages in as next feature!

"Help your friends win that fight from the ground with some long ranged artillery support!!!"

News Comments > Steam Top Nine
17. Re: Steam Top Nine Sep 6, 2015, 20:26 Slashman

Thread quality: Plummeting...  

46. Re: Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video Sep 6, 2015, 15:35 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2015, 13:06:

Meh, that's no different than your average MMO. Everything gets instanced, so the people in the shooter don't care about the people flying don't care about the people chilling.

Right but in this case, the ship they are FPSing in is in the middle of the space combat so I would assume that things that happen on it would affect the ship and vice versa. If it takes fire from enemy ships in combat or if it can still use its turrets to fight enemy ships etc.

Most MMO instances occur in a way that they are totally separate from external action.

40. Re: Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video Sep 6, 2015, 11:24 Slashman

Gotta have zombies! Star Dead-Citizen!!!  

37. Re: Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video Sep 6, 2015, 09:50 Slashman

I honestly never had any idea how they would tie it together in the first place.

Detailed flight model with many ships in combat going on while a full featured FPS takes place in the same battlefield and people are chilling on a planet down below. No potential sync issues there at all. Definitely not a network coder's nightmare...

12. Re: Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video Sep 5, 2015, 13:25 Slashman

crumbs wrote on Sep 5, 2015, 13:13:
Oh yes the delicious tears of all the crybabies on here. Aww so hurt by a video game. So much pain you are feeling by the "scam" and "delays" . . . rofl I love it.

Blues news is the daycare for Star Citizen crybabies. Go back to mama and explain all your Star Citizen "problems". I'm sure she'll listen to you! Hahaha.

You're funny in a 'took a claw hammer to the head and never was quite right again' sort of way.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Sep 4, 2015, 15:49 Slashman

jimnms wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 10:14:
Creston wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 21:58:
It's in my top 5 of all time, and it may even be top 3. It's better than Skyrim.

That's not saying much. I think my dog could shit out a better game than Skyrim.

Are you off your meds again?

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans
16. Re: X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans Sep 3, 2015, 15:03 Slashman

Creston wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 13:59:
Eh, they've done a pretty good job patching this turd up, they gave away some meaty DLC/expansion stuff for free, so it's not a case where they got their money, flipped you off and ran away forever. So I'm willing to look at their next game.

That said, I'm never again pre-ordering another game of theirs. Their next one, if it's any good, I'll get when it's on sale for 20 bucks somewhere.

Pretty much this. Although I will say that the marketing they did and the hype they built for the Rebirth launch bordered on fraudulent.

Maybe that was the publisher talking through Bernd or maybe it was booze and blow but it still sucked that they sold something different than they lead people to expect. Bugs aside.

2171 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo