Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2143 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Gigantic Delayed; Motiga Layoffs
1. Re: Gigantic Delayed; Motiga Layoffs Dec 7, 2015, 09:49 Slashman

Oh noes!!! How will we ever live without another MOBA?

It breaks my heart... Bigcry

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
20. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 7, 2015, 08:26 Slashman

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 06:48:
Phew, almost a week went by without the announcement of another MOBA! That's a relief.

Go stand in the corner and no cookies for you!!!

News Comments > AX-EL - Air XenoDawn Released
3. Re: AX-EL - Air XenoDawn Released Dec 6, 2015, 08:47 Slashman

So there isn't like a single player campaign or anything?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 1, 2015, 09:04 Slashman

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 21:03:
Not much hope for the XBone anyway. Just finished Tomb Raider on my Bone and sold it. TR cut scenes were so choppy it was ridiculous, and in certain areas the frame-rate dipped noticeably. I kept my CE stuff, but the game and box are gone. I'll 100% it on PS4, thanks. (Also, a bug prevented a lot of players form completing side missions past a certain point. That was fun.)

JC3 is definite PC purchase for me.

But...but... Next Gen! Bigcry

News Comments > On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support
8. Re: On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support Nov 25, 2015, 13:12 Slashman

harlock wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 12:42:
and says this is in part due to strong competition in the genre around the time it was released

right, competition with actually good games, which this will always lose, because its a peice of shit

I don't know if this one is a bad game or not, but not every game that loses or fails is a bad game.

In fact, plenty of games that are cult classics and well loved did poorly. It's the nature of the business.

The Homeworld series is a great example of this. Neither 1 or 2 sold as well as the developers or publishers expected. That's why there is still no 3. HW2 gained in popularity long after its launch period was over.

Marketing hype sells games and the average PC gamer's tastes aren't nearly as refined as we pretend they are. Why else does COD keep selling and selling and selling the same game?

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
11. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 13:15 Slashman

Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 12:55:
Wow, I'm almost minimum spec except for the graphics card. Somehow I think it'll still run just fine.

That's the point though. Why inflate minimum specs just for the hell of it?

Most of the time games just come out badly optimized.

Even Witcher 3 runs OK with a GTX 660.

I have NEVER built my systems to be top end. Mid range works just fine for me with pretty much every game.

When Witcher 2 first came out, I swore I'd need a new card to run it properly. Then magically they started patching in optimizations and the same card could run it with settings higher than before.

It would be a welcome change if devs could start doing the optimization passes BEFORE release.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
6. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 11:39 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 11:34:
Yeah, seems to me a lot of devs are getting lazy these days with PC specs. If they can do it on a console they can do better on a PC with less.

I agree. A 670 minimum is pretty high.

Think I'll wait for release and see what the REAL reqs are and if patches address any performance issues.

The last game ran amazingly well with even modest specs at the time of release. Not sure what they are trying to pull now. The current console gen is shite.

News Comments > Endless Legend Workshop Support and DLC
5. Re: Endless Legend Workshop Support and DLC Nov 21, 2015, 13:13 Slashman

I'd say that the expansions/DLC and free content updates really helped. The full game(with DLC) in its current state is worth it IMO.  

News Comments > Endless Legend Workshop Support and DLC
2. Re: Endless Legend Workshop Support and DLC Nov 21, 2015, 09:12 Slashman

Yeah this just-released free update is huge. A lot of attention payed to the AI after exhaustive discussions on the forums with the players.  

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer
5. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer Nov 19, 2015, 13:23 Slashman

The masochist in me is ready!!! Nod Whip  

News Comments > EA's "Gigantic Action" Game Plans
9. Re: EA's Nov 17, 2015, 13:34 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 12:48:
Games designed by marketers. No thanks.

But they say it'll be really, really good!!!

News Comments > Fallen Enchantress Ultimate Edition Released
6. Re: Fallen Enchantress Ultimate Edition Released Nov 17, 2015, 13:32 Slashman

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 21:02:
Hahahaha user reviews = mixed = kthxbai

OK but you're missing out on a really good game.

They really did a lot of work on this and apart from the Dead faction not being very good when set as an AI player, the game has a LOT to offer.

I have a lot of hours in it and I would recommend everything except maybe the Dead DLC and the DLC that adds new leaders. Everything else is great. Especially the new stamina mechanic added to combat.

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
8. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 17:49 Slashman

Kajetan wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 17:16:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 17:05:
I loved both Kotor games, but I hated Jade Empire, a lot. It was a terrrrible port on PC.
It was NOT a terrible port. It was quite a decent, well done port. Controls, graphics, all good.

But i hated it. Thinking that i would get some kind of RPG, like most Bioware games were, i got a brawler instead. I hate brawlers because i suck at playing them.

You 'suck' at brawlers because you don't like them and don't want to learn play them. Unless you have some handicap or other, there is no reason you couldn't learn to play a fighting game. It's not rocket science.

It's like some other dude I know who declared that he hates RPGs because he sucks at them. You know...because every single RPG in the world has the same mechanics and rules and so he sucks at every one...even the most simple and straightforward ones. So everything from CRPGs to JRPGs to ARPGs play the same, so one can make a universal statement like that with confidence.

I don't like certain types of games. It doesn't mean I suck at them or that I couldn't play them from start to finish, I just don't like them.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam
19. Re: MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam Nov 14, 2015, 18:16 Slashman

Tomas wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 17:33:
Every time there is a post on blues about MWO the same crap is said.

Yes it has lots of things you can complain about, but at the sane time there are lots of us who, complaints aside, play it a lot. It's not for everyone, but for some people it's still a fun ride. I've played thousands of matches and i still enjoy it.

It's not pay to win. Every time someone says that I have to wonder if they understand what the phrase even means. I've spent about 40 dollars on the game, mostly to buy mech bays and one light hero. I currently own 50 mechs. As I noted, only one was bought with real money. I've never once felt someone could part money to win. It's just not true. Sure you can post money to get more stuff, but there's a metric crap ton you can get for no money. All that said, if you don't like the game the grind will suck. If you do like it the grind still sucks but at least you enjoy playing so you'll cope. There is a serious economy grind and it should but probably won't get fixed.

Is it ready for steam? Not really, but they seem committed. I don't think it'll hurt anything, but they will lose a lot of new players quickly because of various barriers to getting started. The steam launch could be a lot stronger.

This game gets way more hate than it deserves. Yes it has a checkered past. But in the end, like I said, lots of us still play it more than any other game.

You know that's great and all but there are a lot of us who really just wanted a good single-player MW game with optional multiplayer. Not this F2P nonsense.

So yeah. It gets a lot of hate because not only is it not that, but it's still lackluster as what it is. All the things the people who have been playing it want that it still doesn't deliver, like decent, official clan systems integrated into the game contribute to the blah feeling.

So yeah, it's not the worst F2P game out there. Big freaking whoop! That must surely automatically make it great.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam
11. Re: MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam Nov 14, 2015, 16:18 Slashman

Is a good single-player MW game too much to ask?  

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Campaign Trailer
2. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Campaign Trailer Nov 12, 2015, 13:58 Slashman

I've been keeping a not-really-close eye on it but never jumped in on EA.

It looks cool enough to buy.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer
14. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 19:10 Slashman

harlock wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 18:56:
i wonder if the new AAA RPGs are gonna try to copy any Witcher 3 type features in some way

You mean great value for money and respect for their customer base? Doubtful...

News Comments > Anno 2205 Released
3. Re: Anno 2205 Released Nov 3, 2015, 21:17 Slashman

Alamar wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 20:38:
I know just about nothing about this series, and that video doesn't help other than 'It appears to be an RTS'...

Is the previous Anno any good?

Word from Steam reviews is that this offers less than the previous Anno. It is story only. Has much more 'streamlined' gameplay and no longer has factions.

Anno games are kind-of city builders but not in the traditional Sim City sense. They deal with resource management and harvesting. Environmental impacts, military conflict and trade. The previous one also had a sandbox mode as well as a story mode.

News Comments > Avalanche Studios Layoffs
3. Re: Avalanche Studios Layoffs Nov 2, 2015, 12:52 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 11:00:
Is there really a point to announcing these things, particularly calling them layoffs when they're really just expired contracts? The nature of employment in gaming is pretty migratory except for the major shops anyway.

This mostly.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal
7. Re: BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal Nov 2, 2015, 12:00 Slashman

I was really hoping this stretch goal would fail so they could concentrate on the single player aspects. Wasn't really looking for a PvP experience with this.  

2143 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo