Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2395 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed
16. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 6, 2018, 08:32 Slashman

This thread feels like it is filled with a lot of impatient kids. Which is the opposite of what I expect from Blues.

I don't get the fixation on Legendary items before they are supposed to drop and I don't think the game is particularly boring to start if you play on veteran. The game has a ton of optional content such that you can vary each playthrough significantly if you include hidden quests, roguelike dungeons, optional areas and bounties.

Considering the number of players and popularity of the game, I'm going to have to say that the issue is not the game itself. I have a friend who also plays and the two things we agree we don't like about the game are the new blightfiend necro pet(it looks horrible) and how far apart some of the rifts are from each other.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
9. Re: Morning Previews Feb 27, 2018, 19:15 Slashman

Seems like everything else before the E3 showing will be substanceless clickbait. June seems like a long way off right now.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
6. Re: New GeForce Drivers Feb 26, 2018, 18:31 Slashman

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 15:21:
It's l3g1t guyz

I'm sold!!!

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week
16. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week Feb 21, 2018, 08:25 Slashman

The Pyro wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 11:29:
So I basically just want a more modern version of Freespace 2. A single-player space combat sim with fun scripted missions and an engaging story line. Has anything like that been produced in the last 5 years?

I had hopes for Star Citizen's initial goals, but the scope of that game seems to have grown beyond what I think I'd enjoy.

There is a game called Arkin which might suit your needs. Still in earl access though. Been a while since they had an update.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/376620/Arkin/

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Boasts AI Improvements
2. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Boasts AI Improvements Feb 9, 2018, 14:16 Slashman

Gal Civ 3!!! Meh...  

News Comments > Dawn of War 3 Sets
3. Re: Dawn of War 3 Sets Feb 8, 2018, 11:07 Slashman

DOW 2 was a bunch of shite. An RTS for people who don't play RTS games.

Stop trying to screw with the known working formula of DOW 1 and make a friggin' RTS. That was all that was needed.

News Comments > Scrolls Ending Next Week
6. Re: Scrolls Ending Next Week Feb 8, 2018, 07:30 Slashman

Slick wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 01:19:
Motherfucker.

I hate MS for this.

They bought Mojang and their whole catalogue of 2 games. 1 of them they supported, it made them billions. the other they let rot on the vine, when it is (was) the BEST card-type game on the market. You know that billion dollar market that all the MTG clones have filled in in the past 2-3 years? Like they'd have a hard time marketing "FROM THE TEAM THAT BROUGHT YOU MINECRAFT". But no, they didn't toss up one red cent in advertising. The transition from beta to full launch went by without a whimper. I'll never forgive them for this, that game is so fucking fun. I also collected 3 copies of every card in the game... so sad

If scrolls was a PC exclusive game...then you have the answer right there.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Tactics Announced
3. Re: Space Hulk: Tactics Announced Feb 4, 2018, 07:00 Slashman

Task wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 18:31:
Another take on this again huh. I definitely enjoyed Space Hulk Ascension (different developer).

Thanks for reminding me of yet ANOTHER game I never got around to finishing! Backlog increasing...

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
11. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 29, 2018, 21:01 Slashman

ItBurn wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 20:37:
Microsoft buying Valve is a terrifying nightmare.

Please mommy! Make the bad dreams go away!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2018, 18:33 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 16:04:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 13:20:
@jdreyer, for the love of god don't feed.

Was he trolling? Pointing out that we're a plutocratic oligarchy is something I completely agree with.

I'm guessing that reaction may have been based on past comments by him.

News Comments > Get The Red Solstice for Free
5. Re: Get The Red Solstice for Free Jan 16, 2018, 08:15 Slashman

I'm all for free stuff!  

News Comments > Vampyr Teaser Trailer
3. Re: Vampyr Teaser Trailer Jan 11, 2018, 17:00 Slashman

My ideal vampire is Alucard in the Hellsing Ultimate anime. Now THAT was a proper vampire.

Edit: Definitely not the sparkly-in-the-sun teen angst dream kind. WTF!

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
14. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jan 4, 2018, 08:46 Slashman

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 06:57:
Kajetan wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 21:56:
A failure of SC will NOT HAVE ANY negative impact on other crowdfunding projects. Because different people have different interests and crowdfunding isn't a single budget controlled by a single person.
Using logic and common sense will simply not be tolerated. You have been warned.

I don't think it is that straightforward. Sure there are many divergent tastes in genres of games, but it is absolutely possible for a major failure in crowd funding to make regular funders of other projects think twice or reduce their contributions. I don't beleive it will be an all or nothing deal, but to believe that no impact would be felt is kind of naive.

Right now it is more difficult for new devs to break into crowd funding in a major way. We have an established set of developers who can count on it to move their projects forward like Obsidian or HBS. A large and very visible project failure of SC's scope could very well make it even harder for worthwhile projects to get funded by increasing funder paranoia.

News Comments > Nexon Cutting LawBreakers Losses; Blames PUBG
42. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreaker Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 3, 2018, 19:28 Slashman

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 18:23:
Cliffy B's words about PC gaming that pissed everyone off came at a time where the platform was really struggling. I remember reading constant articles about the death of PC gaming and watching more and more games become console exclusive around that time. Dragon Age and MMOs were pretty much all we had to flaunt on magazine covers and the like. It's a totally different world now after Steam, indies and other factors made the PC rise again like the phoenix it always is.

In short I don't blame the guy for sizing up the market at the time. Anyone in the same position would have likely done the same thing. His attitude wasn't any better or worse than all the other game dev dudebros of that time and era.

I keep hearing about how the PC market was struggling when he said that. I must have been asleep because I was gaming just same as I always have. The issue was people were equating not having AAA blockbuster 87206 or having very shitty port of AAA blockbuster 87206 with "struggling". That's an alternate reality that did n't actually exist.

That reality was being pushed by the same big publishers we curse today because it fit their "piracy is the devil" narrative. There were entire franchises made for PC that were never made for console. There was no lack of games to play, just some people fretting that not having a particular "blockbuster" title on PC was some kind of prelude to Armageddon.

News Comments > Sumo Grapples with CCP Newcastle
1. Re: Sumo Grapples with CCP Newcastle Jan 2, 2018, 10:04 Slashman

I just wanted a single player version of Valkyrie. Some nice Wing Commander style missions to play through and give my HOTAS a workout. Multiplayer only was a huge no-go for me.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
18. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 30, 2017, 19:58 Slashman

NKD wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 16:56:

Hardball interviews with Trump are a waste of time because we already know he's a moron and doesn't know anything about the shit he signs his name to.

Not to mention that any time you ask him something that's difficult to answer and he's lost on it, he will deflect and move to another topic. He will keep doing that until the interviewer shifts to something else.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
12. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 24, 2017, 20:05 Slashman

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 13:58:
Slashman wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 08:52:
Cutter has nailed the problem. Length is the key. Make the task too lengthy to be worthwhile for hackers to trudge through.

Who's hacking you the traditional way of typing in your password X times before it locks you out. Anything out of the ordinary untold to others is going to do the job.

Are there wifi routers with daily passwords you can hand out to visitors? Or are we also giving away our wifi password to friends and friends of friends. If not, why not? Don't companies concerned with security understand how this all goes in real life?

Don't forget that there are multiple levels to hacks. If someone can snapshot a database or something but you still have a decent password, you can avoid your personal information being used against you even if it is stolen due to negligence beyond your control. That is unless your data is stored in plain text or uses MD5. In which case, you are screwed.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
10. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 24, 2017, 08:52 Slashman

Cutter has nailed the problem. Length is the key. Make the task too lengthy to be worthwhile for hackers to trudge through.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
14. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 23, 2017, 18:10 Slashman

You know I'd love to see some actual factual statistics about all these people who are living comfortably on social care programs versus the poor bastards who have no fucking choice.

Because the first thing I hear from protesters (who have pretty much zero connection to the poor people in these programs) whenever these discussions come up is I know a guy who cheats the system and gets free X or Y from the government. I have yet to see any convincing statistics that this is the huge issue it inevitably gets presented as.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 23, 2017, 10:38 Slashman

yuastnav wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 08:25:
I am just looking forward to a new X-Game. I am willing to give them a chance with X4. I hope it will be good.

Yeah. For sure I'm not pre-ordering, but a day 1 buy is not out of the question if things look to be solid on launch day.

Every time they reveal something about X4, I see it heading more and more in the direction that Rebirth should have gone in from the start. That's promising to me and I'll support them if they pull it off.

2395 Comments. 120 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo