Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2173 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Delay; Specs
7. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Delay; Specs Mar 9, 2016, 08:43 Slashman

InBlack wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 04:21:
I put in around 50 hours in Rome 2. Yeah it wasnt as good as Rome one, but it was still fun. I don't get the hate.

You're not letting it flow through you! Bloodthirsty

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Stars Launches
4. Re: Into the Stars Launches Mar 5, 2016, 13:11 Slashman

Well I'm only into my first run still but so far I've: Prospected for minerals, mined planets, sent shuttle teams on away missions, assigned crew to take care of emergencies ranging from civilian unrest to broken heating systems based on their skills, fought some the alien ships from the race trying to kill humanity, ran out of food and lost some civilian crew, made trade deals with an alien transport ship.

It takes some getting used to because there is so much to manage but if you remember that you can pause and assign crew/view ship systems etc, then you're good to go. Mostly...

News Comments > Into the Stars Launches
1. Re: Into the Stars Launches Mar 5, 2016, 12:15 Slashman

This is actually a pretty cool game. Like a cross between FTL and Bridge Commander.

Great visuals. Rogue-like play. Huge replay value.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Dawns
7. Re: Grim Dawn Dawns Mar 3, 2016, 11:34 Slashman

GarthZombie wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 10:55:
Darks wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 10:14:
PHJF wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 10:04:
Similar to Titan Quest to a fault, depending on one's perspective. Nearly all the class skill trees are copy+pasted over, with a few shuffles. Using the same engine as they did and changing so little, one has to wonder why development of Grim Dawn took as long as it did.

This has to be the asshat comment of the day. You gotta be joking with what you just said right? They built all of those levels from the ground up using the titan Quest engine. yes, but those are all new effects, skills and classes added to the game along with all new updated textures.

You seriously need to get your eyes checked if you think this game was something they just copy and pasted.

Yeah I thought the same thing. I played titan quest last night for about 5 hours and I thought man GD is just leaps and bounds better than what TQ is.

Maybe he just didn't pay as much attention to TQ as he thought.

News Comments > Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation
10. Re: Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation Mar 3, 2016, 07:21 Slashman

I totally read this as: "Steam stops selling sphincters" Shocked

News Comments > Master of Orion Video Diary
26. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 2, 2016, 19:18 Slashman

Rigs wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 14:33:

Distort history? You got one hell of a chip on your shoulder, bud. I wasn't 'distorting' anything, I simply forgot that 'GNN' was in the first MOO. Call it old age, not purposely twisting information to suit my purposes. My last name isn't Trump. You seem to have it out for GalCiv. Something you wish to share, a bad experience? You've been trying super hard to dissuade everyone from playing it. You know, there's time enough in the day to play more than one game, right?

=-Rigs-=

I didn't have a bad time with GalCiv 3. I had one of the most boring times of my life with it. It has no personality, no soul, nothing innovative or interesting. It is a by the numbers space 4x with the only thing truly cool about it being the ship designer and that was in GalCiv 2.

I was left scratching my head at what exactly they spent the dev time on while making GC3.

The game isn't 'bad' and it isn't 'good'. It's just a big fat meh. And I think I'd be fine if it was bad and you could blame a development hiccup or management. But the game is simply a huge list of missed opportunities, and some of those seem to have been purposely missed to add in as rather bland DLC down the road.

The last expansion being a great example. Most modern 4x games have hero characters in them by default. They used a high-price expansion to add them in. And that was pretty much all it added.

Sorry if you thought I was trying to offend you with my comment, I just find it funny that people think that the GalCiv series has ever had anything in it worth stealing (well apart from the ship designer).

22. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 2, 2016, 14:11 Slashman

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 13:08:
Creston

If you're looking to get GalCiv3 and the Merc expansion check out GMG
Use the code MAR20 to get both together for $46

Or just don't get Gal Civ 3 and get Star Ruler 2 instead. SR 2 is actually fun, but if that's not important and you'd rather explore 6 anomalies in a row and find 10, 30, 6, 9, 40, 2 credit rewards, then Gal Civ 3 is totally for you. I'd rather explore an anomaly and find a planet killer ship but wtf do I know?

19. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 2, 2016, 10:52 Slashman

Orogogus wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 03:19:
Rigs wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 21:11:
The GNN 'Galactic News Network' (that they stole from GalCiv2/3...not shit, same thing) is annoying and tells the player nothing they don't already know.

That's from the original Master of Orion, isn't it?

Screenshot

That android, who would pop up every few turns and tell you who was in first place, who had the most planets, or something equally useful?

Exactly. People love to distort history. Stolen from GalCiv... Rotfl

12. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 1, 2016, 18:47 Slashman

Creston wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 17:55:
So for those who have played both, this or GalCiv 3? (yes, I understand this is still in EA, so it's not a fair comparison, but potential wise?)

I'd recommend Gal Civ 3 to anyone who enjoys watching paint dry.

Granted I think the Gal Civ series is one of the most overrated 4x series in the history of 4x games, but Gal Civ 3 really, really has mediocre boredom down to a fine science.

News Comments > Master of Orion Collector's Edition Early Access
15. Re: Master of Orion Collector's Edition Early Access Feb 27, 2016, 12:06 Slashman

JohnBirshire wrote on Feb 27, 2016, 11:44:
The devs said they plan to improve space combat.

Real time combat? Oh, come on! That was an asinine decision. People have every right to be upset.

There are other space sims that have real time combat, but a Master of Orion game shouldn't have been one of them.

You know I keep hearing this crap all the time. The one decent 4x space game to have real time combat is Sword of the Stars. That released in 2006 for fuck's sake. SotS2 got anally ravaged by Paradox and the only other space 4x games with truly decent RTS combat are Star Drive 2(which has its own issues) and Star Ruler 2. And Star Ruler 2 isn't even turn based.

All anyone ever freaking wants to make is boring-ass turn based combat for space games which, by their very nature, should be benefiting from RTS mechanics the most.

Damn I hope somebody funds a Sword of the Stars 3 soon without publisher fuckery so I can get away from this stupid as hell mindset.

News Comments > X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo
21. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 26, 2016, 19:20 Slashman

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 14:53:
I tried really hard to like X-Rebirth...

In the end, I hated it. Still invested ~110 hours into it... Couldn't like it.

Don't see how this would fix it.

I don't think it is fixable. They knew it wasn't what anyone wanted and they went ahead anyway.

What they are doing now is using DLC sales to help finance the next true X game. So the masochists that actually enjoy Rebirth or the people who would give Egosoft money regardless of what they push out are propping up the next X game.

They are even testing new mechanics in Rebirth that will get added to the next game.

I'm not giving them a cent but I guess there is such a thing as blind loyalty.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 26, 2016, 11:08 Slashman

Weird Creston because one of my most memorable destroy missions had the objective on the second floor.

I also had a hack mission with the objective in a vehicle and I started in a kind of market place with stalls/tables/benches laid out.

Had a hack mission with the objective on the second floor with civilians mingled around and a narrow path to it with a bridge/walkway over to the side.

You must just have really lousy luck or something...I definitely see more variety than you do. But it does also make sense that you don't start a million miles away from the objective either...then you'd have no time to get to it AND take care of the aliens.

As to the AI, I'm not sure what you mean. The AI plays pretty smart. And is frigging annoying at times. They always seek good cover and they attempt to flank and use their abilities often.

I have also found that fleeing enemies flee toward other enemy groups and stick with them.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 26, 2016, 09:20 Slashman

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 20:43:
Here's what went wrong: You spent all that time on making procedurally generated maps, and then you set the algorithm to basically make the same map over and over.

I honestly would rather have the static maps of EW back...

Where are you seeing this? Because I have not been getting this in my games. You're the only person I have seen making this complaint. What am I missing?

News Comments > X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo
15. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 26, 2016, 09:10 Slashman

Evochron Legacy is a great sandbox game. Newtonian flight. Planetary/atmospheric flight and landings. Huge variety of missions. Build your own stations and cities on planets.

Build your ship from components with a good number of customization options. Moddable out of the gate. Trade, fight, mine, explore.

The graphics aren't up to Elite Dangerous levels but they much improved them in this version to where I find them very tolerable. Game gets updates very regularly and my only regret is that some independent investor hasn't given this guy enough cash to make it even bigger and better. Not that it is a 'small' game in the first place.

News Comments > Master of Orion Early Access Next Week; Voice Cast Detailed
6. Re: Master of Orion Early Access Next Week; Voice Cast Detailed Feb 18, 2016, 13:17 Slashman

A developer actually told me once that getting hollywood stars to do your voicework doesn't cost as much as you'd think. Seems like a fair number of them do it for their own amusement and relatively small pay.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Feb 18, 2016, 08:36 Slashman

Ironman or go home!! Rifle

News Comments > Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump
26. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 07:28 Slashman

GOTY sale buy for me.

Too much other stuff to play to bother myself with this right now.

News Comments > On DOOM's Campaign Length
40. Re: On DOOM's Campaign Length Feb 15, 2016, 21:11 Slashman

Screw all this!!!

I'd like a Heretic 3 please!!!

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 14, 2016, 09:59 Slashman

I really enjoyed that review. Entertaining and informative at the same time.

It's weird but I'm handling the timers extremely well. I think you just need to be a bit less conservative and make sure you use all your tools. Especially grenades!!!

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Feb 13, 2016, 18:19 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 02:24:
There's no major actors out there today I could imagine doing Deadpool better than Reynolds. The guy was just meant for the role.

I keep +1ing Cutter's posts. Surely the end is nigh!!!

2173 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo