Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2350 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > United Front Games Closed?
4. Re: United Front Games Closed? Oct 18, 2016, 15:14 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 12:50:
How is it a surprise? Sleep Dogs was awesome, but why on earth they went with that bullshit Triad Wars boggles the mind. All they had to do was make Sleepy Dogs 2 and they would have been off to the races.

Likely budget limitations were the culprit.

I"m really pissed and sad that we'll never get another Sleeping Dogs title. RIP United Front

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hearthstone Buy-in Tavern Brawl
2. Re: Hearthstone Buy-in Tavern Brawl Oct 17, 2016, 20:42 Slashman

Not mine they don't!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2016, 15:41 Slashman

Dev wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 15:33:
Ozmodan wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 12:56:
Tried that Shadow Warrior II game, did not like it. Waiting for civ 6.
Given that it has a 93% positive review score with 2500+ reviews, looks like you are in the minority.

I'm curious, what didn't you like about it?

I'd like to know as well. Pretty sure it has more than enough Wang...so that can't be the problem.

Hell even websites that usually enjoy crapping over PC games have been singing SW2 praises so he probably just doesn't like old school FPS games.

News Comments > Project Space Sector Announced
8. Re: Project Space Sector Announced Oct 15, 2016, 11:31 Slashman

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 15, 2016, 09:36:
Well since I was not impressed at all by Stellaris, I just deleted it off the computer, Moo II was better. Distant worlds is ok, but I did not like the way the AI works. I have to micro manage just about everything in the early part of the game. If you let the AI manage most of the mundane stuff you end up broke with pirates everywhere. Trying to build defenses to counter the pirates just kills your economy without major micromanaging. So I am still waiting for someone to come up with a decent 4x space game.

STAR RULER 2

How do people not know about this game???

Get the expansion if you decide to buy it. Great value for money!

News Comments > Project Space Sector Announced
2. Re: Project Space Sector Announced Oct 14, 2016, 23:04 Slashman

Task wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 20:39:
Huh, that's interesting, since I visit that site. Something in the vein of MoO2, eh - perhaps it'll be the "real" MoO remake with turn-based.

Or people could stop pointlessly trying to do that 'one perfect remake' and just make something unique and fun. But that would break the universe or something.

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer
32. Re: Star Citizen Trailer Oct 14, 2016, 12:12 Slashman

NasWulf wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 07:47:
If anybody brings up the question of it running on a supercomputer, the computer it was running on was in a i7 6core with a Nvidia 1080 8 gig with a Intel SSD. Not some super computer running SLI Titan X's and they were hitting 50 - 170 frames un-optimize

Yeah because that's certainly the average gaming system for everyone!

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Released
16. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Released Oct 14, 2016, 08:53 Slashman

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 22:54:
Hump wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 19:21:
SirKnight wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 18:42:
Bumpy wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 17:35:
and better than Doom 2016.

• I wouldn't go that far, but SW2 is a very good game. There's quite a bit of similarities to Doom though.

The main thing I don't like, and this was true with SW1 too, is the voice of the main character. The original Lo Wang voice I liked so much better.

Yah agreed. But, we live with a politically correct language gestapo these days so Im amazed that even this game got a pass.
    You forgot an apostrophe... Bat

The grammar police are always watching! Policeman

20. Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2016, 23:24 Slashman

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 22:57:
    Man this footage of Squadron 42 looks amazing! Oh, wait no this is the other thing.

Squadron 42 is delayed indefinitely isn't it?

14. Re: Star Citizen Trailer Oct 13, 2016, 21:48 Slashman

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 20:22:
    SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 19:53:
    The tech in this video is pretty impressive.
    THIS^
    It will still be impressive, and probably improved upon, when the games comes out in a couple of years.

Rotfl

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer
    5. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer Oct 12, 2016, 23:03 Slashman

The writer of that song is actually doing music for SW2 and has released a single for it called Warrior.  

News Comments > Prey Trailer
    17. Re: Prey Trailer Oct 11, 2016, 17:23 Slashman

Slick wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 15:00:
    why don't people wait until the game is out to judge weather it's worthy of being called Prey or not. Do you honestly think that they just took a well-known IP and turned it into something totally different?

Why are you acting like that's never been done before?

News Comments > Beholder Demo
    2. Re: Beholder Demo Oct 7, 2016, 02:54 Slashman

Well crap! Thought I'd get to play a large, floating eyeball with a bunch of tentacles all sporting eyeballs of their own and shooting stuff. Disappointed  

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Crowdfunding Begins
    14. Re: Wasteland 3 Crowdfunding Begins Oct 6, 2016, 09:36 Slashman

Who doesn't support Paypal at this point?  

News Comments > Op Ed
    35. Re: Op Ed Oct 5, 2016, 10:10 Slashman

We're kind of veering off topic though.

Early Access is the focus here and whether or not Valve needs to do more to ensure that EA games are being delivered as promised or removed from the store.

News Comments > Op Ed
    25. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 19:39 Slashman

The real question here is: Who is this an actual problem for? Most of these devs wouldn't even try to make these games outside of EA. Many of them fail and will continue to fail.

There is a disclaimer on each title and it is on the potential buyer to ignore it at his or her own risk.

The fact is that the more common sense that the common buyer shows toward EA titles, the less of the dross/vaporware titles will get put onto it because devs would have to show something much more impressive and polished to get people to invest in their games.

The one rule that I truly would like to see implemented is that no EA title should ever be selling content expansions or DLC until it leaves EA. You can't finish a single code branch of the main game but you want another branch to support with additional bugs and problems of its own? That's BS.

Titles like Grim Dawn would never be made without EA and that would be a sad thing for gaming. People need to take ownership of their decisions.

News Comments > Op Ed
    16. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 13:05 Slashman

I don't entirely agree with nethead. I don't have an issue with an alpha game being pushed to Early Access.

What I do have a problem with is the lack of a concrete plan from the majority of developers to graduate from early access.

Valve would need to have a concrete definition of what state an alpha, beta and finished game should be in. That's not that easy depending on the genre and scope of a game.

I think at most, developers should have to present a sensible roadmap and when milestones are missed, they get big red indicators posted on the store page: "THIS GAME HAS MISSED ITS BETA TARGET BY X MONTHS" or something along those lines.

I do not necessarily want to set too hard a limit on what goes into EA, but I'd like limits set on progression.

All this is very easy to sit down and say it should be done, but it is not an easy task and is going to rely heavily on the discretion of the person(s) assessing it. It very likely would end up rubbing both devs and players the wrong way because some people are way more content to wait on something than others and some games unexpectedly need more time to mature than others.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Arsenal Trailer
    11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2016, 08:03 Slashman

DrSquick wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 22:49:
    Bard wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 22:46:
    Saboth wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 20:12:
    Game looks great, but I have to wonder if in 2016 they couldn't have come up with a different weapon system from Doom/Duke Nukem/Quake's "Shotgun", "Plasma Gun", "Chainsaw weapon", "Gatling Gun that runs out of ammo way too fast", etc.

Because it's based on the weapons in Warhammer 40K - which predates Doom.

But... It's 20k years in the future right?

Right. They practically use the same boring plasma guns we do today. It's embarrassing.

Seriously though. None of those weapons are exactly what they seem. In fact, those weapons are so advanced, that the Imperium of man has forgotten how to make most of them as well as Space Marine armor itself. Gene Stealers would shrug off standard weapons of today as if they were taking a cool shower.

Those swords and hammers are wrapped in energy/warp fields. The bolters shoot rocket propelled/explosive projectiles and the flamethrowers burn insanely hot versus any conventional accelerant. Then there are those boring everyday plasma weapons...

News Comments > Hearthstone Balance Change Plans
    3. Re: Hearthstone Balance Change Plans Sep 29, 2016, 20:43 Slashman

Well crap...now I need to rethink my 'Dirty Shaman' deck. Brood  

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Announced
    27. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 20:18 Slashman

Creston wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 18:53:
    Cool. What the hell is fig, though?

Crowd funding platform. Like Kickstarter except backers can get financial returns on their investment.

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
    70. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 24, 2016, 08:52 Slashman

My one question right now is this:

How are they going to continue to fund this if Chris is determined that everything be done exactly the way he wants it or it gets a do-over?

325 employees right? Even if you average their salary at a VERY modest 4k a month, that's still 1.3 mil a month not counting office space, building upkeep, utilities, travel expenses, MARKETING and several other things I'm likely forgetting.

If this does need to take another 3-4 years to complete, how do they keep the lights on and pay people? They have 2 games to deleiver and each one depends on the other to move forward.

2350 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 9.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo