Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2145 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Open Beta This Month
4. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Open Beta This Month Mar 23, 2016, 20:18 Slashman

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 19:38:
I actually bought the first one, found out you couldn't even remap your keys, and promptly asked for a refund.

Their developer is incompetent, will never buy another game from them.

If you can't get 101 stuff right, get out of the business.

That was ENTIRELY your loss!!! Congratulations on your shallowness! Party Thumbsup Rolleyes

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2016, 13:27 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 13:06:
Suppa7 wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 12:13:
Modern gaming is mostly flash little substance with a few gems here and there.

And that's what most entertainment is, a diversion. What else is it supposed to be? I don't game to get educated, I game for an escape. Same thing with music and film. I want to learn I watch a documentary or read a book. Going from MUDs to Everquest was fucking awesome! It wsa what most PnPers and MUDers had been dreaming about for years.

This. Most of the people who complain that modern games have lost their soul etc etc apparently don't realize that a lot of the mechanics they ticked the boxes on for 'hardcore' back in the day existed because technology was so limited that the developers had to settle for attempting more with less

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Stress Test; Open Beta Soon
3. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Stress Test; Open Beta Soon Mar 19, 2016, 08:40 Slashman

Not sure how the hell you got burnt out on the first game when it was so freaking short. The second one was better with more options and game modes plus Co-Op.

I want a proper sequel. Not this MOBA shite everyone seems to feel obligated to try. F2P sucks donkey testicles.

News Comments > X-COM Creator Gollop Teases Tactical Combat Gamez
10. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 14:57 Slashman

Maybe Donald Gollump!

"My Precious...America! Make you great again. No winning for the tricksy Chinese and Japanese!"

News Comments > X-COM Creator Gollop Teases Tactical Combat Gamez
5. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 11:42 Slashman

PHJF wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 11:35:
Task wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 11:15:
I wonder what the main world 'threat' will be, if not aliens or perhaps different?

Donald Drumpf

Heh heh heh! Laugh

News Comments > Free Planetary Annihilation Keys
24. Re: Free Planetary Annihilation Keys Mar 17, 2016, 08:03 Slashman

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 04:22:
WebSoldier wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 21:26:
For a free game you guy sure want to complain,

It wasn't free you moron. To the people who funded the game, they had every right to complain about it. PA was crowdfunded, since players funded the development of the game. The developer broke it's promises and then some. No one in their right mind would not criticize the clusterfuck that was planetary annihilation.

You do realize that crowd funding doesn't actually have any guarantees though right? Its basically you throwing your money at a project in the hopes it not only gets completed, but completed well. Those folks that threw over $10K at Star Citizen? They have zero recourse if the game never moves past beta.

News Comments > Free Planetary Annihilation Keys
16. Re: Free Planetary Annihilation Keys Mar 16, 2016, 16:30 Slashman

The current humble bundle offers some great games for like 12 dollars. This includes Grey Goo, which is a pretty damn decent RTS.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M
11. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 11:28 Slashman

Well I'll ask it if no one else will: Where is Mr. Smart?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M
1. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 10:17 Slashman

Yay? Thinking  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
18. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 14, 2016, 08:13 Slashman

I honestly just want to see how this all turns out.

If by some miracle they release a Squadron 42 and it doesn't suck gorilla testicles then I'm going to buy it and enjoy that.

I have zero confidence in the PU...period.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
10. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 13, 2016, 20:44 Slashman

Gotta get that cash!!!  

News Comments > Lord of Rigel This Year
2. Re: Lord of Rigel This Year Mar 10, 2016, 15:23 Slashman

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 06:14:
Hope they do a better job than the orion team did.

Did the Orion team actually do a bad job or just not the job you wanted them to do?

Also, their game isn't done yet.

Also I love how this trailer makes combat look fun and epic in realtime but the actual game has some boring-ass TB combat.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Delay; Specs
7. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Delay; Specs Mar 9, 2016, 08:43 Slashman

InBlack wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 04:21:
I put in around 50 hours in Rome 2. Yeah it wasnt as good as Rome one, but it was still fun. I don't get the hate.

You're not letting it flow through you! Bloodthirsty

News Comments > Into the Stars Launches
4. Re: Into the Stars Launches Mar 5, 2016, 13:11 Slashman

Well I'm only into my first run still but so far I've: Prospected for minerals, mined planets, sent shuttle teams on away missions, assigned crew to take care of emergencies ranging from civilian unrest to broken heating systems based on their skills, fought some the alien ships from the race trying to kill humanity, ran out of food and lost some civilian crew, made trade deals with an alien transport ship.

It takes some getting used to because there is so much to manage but if you remember that you can pause and assign crew/view ship systems etc, then you're good to go. Mostly...

News Comments > Into the Stars Launches
1. Re: Into the Stars Launches Mar 5, 2016, 12:15 Slashman

This is actually a pretty cool game. Like a cross between FTL and Bridge Commander.

Great visuals. Rogue-like play. Huge replay value.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Dawns
7. Re: Grim Dawn Dawns Mar 3, 2016, 11:34 Slashman

GarthZombie wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 10:55:
Darks wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 10:14:
PHJF wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 10:04:
Similar to Titan Quest to a fault, depending on one's perspective. Nearly all the class skill trees are copy+pasted over, with a few shuffles. Using the same engine as they did and changing so little, one has to wonder why development of Grim Dawn took as long as it did.

This has to be the asshat comment of the day. You gotta be joking with what you just said right? They built all of those levels from the ground up using the titan Quest engine. yes, but those are all new effects, skills and classes added to the game along with all new updated textures.

You seriously need to get your eyes checked if you think this game was something they just copy and pasted.

Yeah I thought the same thing. I played titan quest last night for about 5 hours and I thought man GD is just leaps and bounds better than what TQ is.

Maybe he just didn't pay as much attention to TQ as he thought.

News Comments > Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation
10. Re: Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation Mar 3, 2016, 07:21 Slashman

I totally read this as: "Steam stops selling sphincters" Shocked

News Comments > Master of Orion Video Diary
26. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 2, 2016, 19:18 Slashman

Rigs wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 14:33:

Distort history? You got one hell of a chip on your shoulder, bud. I wasn't 'distorting' anything, I simply forgot that 'GNN' was in the first MOO. Call it old age, not purposely twisting information to suit my purposes. My last name isn't Trump. You seem to have it out for GalCiv. Something you wish to share, a bad experience? You've been trying super hard to dissuade everyone from playing it. You know, there's time enough in the day to play more than one game, right?

=-Rigs-=

I didn't have a bad time with GalCiv 3. I had one of the most boring times of my life with it. It has no personality, no soul, nothing innovative or interesting. It is a by the numbers space 4x with the only thing truly cool about it being the ship designer and that was in GalCiv 2.

I was left scratching my head at what exactly they spent the dev time on while making GC3.

The game isn't 'bad' and it isn't 'good'. It's just a big fat meh. And I think I'd be fine if it was bad and you could blame a development hiccup or management. But the game is simply a huge list of missed opportunities, and some of those seem to have been purposely missed to add in as rather bland DLC down the road.

The last expansion being a great example. Most modern 4x games have hero characters in them by default. They used a high-price expansion to add them in. And that was pretty much all it added.

Sorry if you thought I was trying to offend you with my comment, I just find it funny that people think that the GalCiv series has ever had anything in it worth stealing (well apart from the ship designer).

22. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 2, 2016, 14:11 Slashman

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 13:08:
Creston

If you're looking to get GalCiv3 and the Merc expansion check out GMG
Use the code MAR20 to get both together for $46

Or just don't get Gal Civ 3 and get Star Ruler 2 instead. SR 2 is actually fun, but if that's not important and you'd rather explore 6 anomalies in a row and find 10, 30, 6, 9, 40, 2 credit rewards, then Gal Civ 3 is totally for you. I'd rather explore an anomaly and find a planet killer ship but wtf do I know?

19. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 2, 2016, 10:52 Slashman

Orogogus wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 03:19:
Rigs wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 21:11:
The GNN 'Galactic News Network' (that they stole from GalCiv2/3...not shit, same thing) is annoying and tells the player nothing they don't already know.

That's from the original Master of Orion, isn't it?

Screenshot

That android, who would pop up every few turns and tell you who was in first place, who had the most planets, or something equally useful?

Exactly. People love to distort history. Stolen from GalCiv... Rotfl

2145 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo