Total Posts
2730 (Senior)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

2730 Comments. 137 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    137  ] Older

Re: Steam Top 10
Nov 30, 2020, 20:08
Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 30, 2020, 20:08
Nov 30, 2020, 20:08

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 30, 2020, 12:21:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 30, 2020, 12:11:
you can have an infinite number of friends and sons playing offline.
Theft and piracy is the only way.

Apparently...

Nov 30, 2020, 08:03
Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 30, 2020, 08:03
Nov 30, 2020, 08:03

Basically you should just buy it where ever you feel comfortable, asshole guilt trips be damned.

It's your money, your time and the way you want to play.

Nov 29, 2020, 21:33
Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 29, 2020, 21:33
Nov 29, 2020, 21:33

Razumen wrote on Nov 29, 2020, 21:22:

Do you buy other developers' games on GOG as well? Then you're just as much as a shill and sheep as you accuse others of being, and hypocritical too, since GOG also takes a typical 70/30 split from them.

Oh no! Now you're talking crazy talk! GOG would NEVER take 30% of the price of the price of the game. They are doing it out the goodness of their hearts and God bless them because they're thinking of the children!

Slick is just so fucking funny...

Re: Play Star Citizen for Free
Nov 20, 2020, 17:05
Re: Play Star Citizen for Free Nov 20, 2020, 17:05
Nov 20, 2020, 17:05

jdreyer wrote on Nov 20, 2020, 15:01:
Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2020, 14:21:
What is this? I've never heard of this thing. Is this a thing I can give these people all my money for? Sounds intriguing!

For a discerning gentleman such as yourself, I would point you to the $35,000 Legatus pack.

Now that is a pack for a man of culture.

Re: Play Star Citizen for Free
Nov 20, 2020, 14:35
Re: Play Star Citizen for Free Nov 20, 2020, 14:35
Nov 20, 2020, 14:35

Yeeeeahhh...no don't think I will.

Re: Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Star Kings Released
Nov 11, 2020, 10:30
Re: Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Star Kings Released Nov 11, 2020, 10:30
Nov 11, 2020, 10:30

Yeah it ain't like they announced a Season Pass with the launch of the game detailing exactly how many DLCs would be available...oh wait!

Re: Out of the Blue
Nov 7, 2020, 17:43
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2020, 17:43
Nov 7, 2020, 17:43

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 7, 2020, 16:51:
nsfw
What to do with your maggot cap
Please forward, print and distribute as needed.

Hahaha! That is truly a great suggestion!

Re: Starpoint Gemini 3 This Week
Nov 4, 2020, 09:28
Re: Starpoint Gemini 3 This Week Nov 4, 2020, 09:28
Nov 4, 2020, 09:28

TMGeorge wrote on Nov 4, 2020, 09:13:
Slashman wrote on Nov 4, 2020, 08:46:
They tend to use low end voice actors and actresses. I guess it helps their budget but it really does not do much for their game presentation.
I believe in this game the voice work is a bit better. But take that with a grain of salt.

I actually wanted to check it out. But I read some really really disappointing reviews on Steam.

I will say most of those reviews are from people who wanted SG3 to be a cap ship game from the start. It is not. You can eventually get to own and fly a cap ship though.

Also the game has gone through some major revisions and the developers have admitted that they may have started Early Access too early. So people's reviews are based off of what the game was in early alpha.

Still the devs do answer most queries so you can hit them up for some insight into how the game is now versus what it was at launch of early access.

Re: Starpoint Gemini 3 This Week
Nov 4, 2020, 08:46
Re: Starpoint Gemini 3 This Week Nov 4, 2020, 08:46
Nov 4, 2020, 08:46

TMGeorge wrote on Nov 4, 2020, 04:28:
I liked the 2nd one. But the voice acting was creepy as fugg.

They tend to use low end voice actors and actresses. I guess it helps their budget but it really does not do much for their game presentation.

I believe in this game the voice work is a bit better. But take that with a grain of salt.

Re: Space Crew Launches
Oct 16, 2020, 18:49
Re: Space Crew Launches Oct 16, 2020, 18:49
Oct 16, 2020, 18:49

Dev wrote on Oct 16, 2020, 13:02:
I've been enjoying this so far. They give an extra 10% for bomber crew owners, bringing it to 30% off. I'm a big fan of sci fi setting, so I prefer this over bomber crew for that reason alone.

I actually really like it as well and yeah that 30% discount was quite enticing!

Re: Out of the Blue
Oct 9, 2020, 18:22
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2020, 18:22
Oct 9, 2020, 18:22

Congrats and may you keep going for another 2.4 decades!

Re: Gone Gold - Cyberpunk 2077
Oct 5, 2020, 18:39
Re: Gone Gold - Cyberpunk 2077 Oct 5, 2020, 18:39
Oct 5, 2020, 18:39

It's like I'm stoked for this game but wondering if I should wait for a few months to get all the issues at launch patched out. Tempted to and tempted not to... Undecided Sweatdrop

Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos
Sep 22, 2020, 12:36
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 22, 2020, 12:36
Sep 22, 2020, 12:36

Quinn wrote on Sep 22, 2020, 05:43:
This thread maybe more than any other showcases how utterly deaf you guys are. There's no discussion when one side can't listen to what the other has to say. Beamer seems to believe PAX and E3 run a policy that literally excludes developers of color from the event, and NKD and Redeye are too busy fighting ghosts to make any sense whatsoever.

People aren't deaf. They just don't agree with what you are saying. Seriously. What threat does a tiny game devs of color expo actually represent to the white hierarchy? It is about getting some devs seen that might not have all that much exposure otherwise and *gasp* showcasing some fun games. Period. Do you think we're on a slippery slope to white enslavement and disenfranchisement?

And for the record, RedEye9 is right. You all are very lucky that all we want is equality. That's all we've ever wanted. And we don't need white people telling us how we should get there and plotting our course for us so that we don't step on the wrong toes or upset the overly sensitive white-privileged rulers.

People like you are all for equality until you have to actually compromise on something, or be excluded from something or take a step back and listen. And its kind of funny, because that's all we've been dong for the past 400 years. So why is it NOT your turn now?

So go on and tell me again how scared you are of a Game Expo for People of Color because *gasp* white people aren't allowed to exhibit in it. While dominating in every other game expo the world over.

Sep 21, 2020, 08:11
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 21, 2020, 08:11
Sep 21, 2020, 08:11

Quinn wrote on Sep 21, 2020, 03:05:

He doesn't want Jim Crow. Nor is he saying that POC should sit down, shut up and be grateful. No, you didn't reply to an hallucination, but it does look like you're hallucinating.

The thing is that Jim Crow is in no way or form equal to this expo existing. Jim Crow was the law...as in you could be fined and/or imprisoned for violating it. This expo is entirely voluntary. If you don't want to be a part of it then don't. If you don't want to support any of the games on display then don't.

So why even bring up Jim Crow in the first place? It is irrelevant in this context unless you are saying that the socially acceptable thing to do if you disagree with this expo is to try to reenact a despicable set of laws that were squarely aimed at oppressing black people and making them feel inferior and unwanted.

Sep 20, 2020, 22:34
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 20, 2020, 22:34
Sep 20, 2020, 22:34

ventry wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 21:14:
Slashman wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 21:01:
ventry wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 19:47:
So, according to some of the "usual's" here, if a Caucasian person makes a game and it fails to sell it's just a bad game.
If a POC makes a game and it fails to sell it's..... what? Racism?

I've bought hundreds of games over the years and I haven't got a clue what the skin color of the developers are.
Nor do I care.

No that's you projecting. It means exactly what it looks like (well to any rational thinking person). These are some games made by POC. Look though them and see if there are any you're interested in. If they are...wishlist or buy them...if there aren't move on.

For my part I had no idea that We are the Caretakers even existed before this expo and I'm very interested in a Afrofuturist slant on sci fi. So I wishlisted it. That's it...that's the end of the interaction required. If you think all the games are garbage...no one is holding a gun to your head and telling you to buy them. There were a bunch that I wasn't personally interested in.

So with this and the Universities who now have POC only spaces, am I to assume that "Jim Crow" is socially acceptable now?

Jim Crow:

Nurses: No person or corporation shall require any white female nurse to nurse in wards or rooms in hospitals, either public or private, in which negro men are placed. Alabama

Buses: All passenger stations in this state operated by any motor transportation company shall have separate waiting rooms or space and separate ticket windows for the white and colored races. Alabama

Railroads: The conductor of each passenger train is authorized and required to assign each passenger to the car or the division of the car, when it is divided by a partition, designated for the race to which such passenger belongs. Alabama

Restaurants: It shall be unlawful to conduct a restaurant or other place for the serving of food in the city, at which white and colored people are served in the same room, unless such white and colored persons are effectually separated by a solid partition extending from the floor upward to a distance of seven feet or higher, and unless a separate entrance from the street is provided for each compartment. Alabama

Pool and Billiard Rooms: It shall be unlawful for a negro and white person to play together or in company with each other at any game of pool or billiards. Alabama

Toilet Facilities, Male: Every employer of white or negro males shall provide for such white or negro males reasonably accessible and separate toilet facilities.

Mental Hospitals: The Board of Control shall see that proper and distinct apartments are arranged for said patients, so that in no case shall Negroes and white persons be together. Georgia

Intermarriage: It shall be unlawful for a white person to marry anyone except a white person. Any marriage in violation of this section shall be void. Georgia

Barbers: No colored barber shall serve as a barber [to] white women or girls. Georgia

Burial: The officer in charge shall not bury, or allow to be buried, any colored persons upon ground set apart or used for the burial of white persons. Georgia

Restaurants: All persons licensed to conduct a restaurant, shall serve either white people exclusively or colored people exclusively and shall not sell to the two races within the same room or serve the two races anywhere under the same license. Georgia

Amateur Baseball: It shall be unlawful for any amateur white baseball team to play baseball on any vacant lot or baseball diamond within two blocks of a playground devoted to the Negro race, and it shall be unlawful for any amateur colored baseball team to play baseball in any vacant lot or baseball diamond within two blocks of any playground devoted to the white race. Georgia

Parks: It shall be unlawful for colored people to frequent any park owned or maintained by the city for the benefit, use and enjoyment of white persons...and unlawful for any white person to frequent any park owned or maintained by the city for the use and benefit of colored persons. Georgia

Wine and Beer: All persons licensed to conduct the business of selling beer or wine...shall serve either white people exclusively or colored people exclusively and shall not sell to the two races within the same room at any time. Georgia

If you think that an Expo that showcases games from POC is in any way or form equal to those laws then, yes, it is socially acceptable. Rolleyes

Sep 20, 2020, 21:01
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 20, 2020, 21:01
Sep 20, 2020, 21:01

ventry wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 19:47:
So, according to some of the "usual's" here, if a Caucasian person makes a game and it fails to sell it's just a bad game.
If a POC makes a game and it fails to sell it's..... what? Racism?

I've bought hundreds of games over the years and I haven't got a clue what the skin color of the developers are.
Nor do I care.

No that's you projecting. It means exactly what it looks like (well to any rational thinking person). These are some games made by POC. Look though them and see if there are any you're interested in. If they are...wishlist or buy them...if there aren't move on.

For my part I had no idea that We are the Caretakers even existed before this expo and I'm very interested in a Afrofuturist slant on sci fi. So I wishlisted it. That's it...that's the end of the interaction required. If you think all the games are garbage...no one is holding a gun to your head and telling you to buy them. There were a bunch that I wasn't personally interested in.

Sep 20, 2020, 14:33
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 20, 2020, 14:33
Sep 20, 2020, 14:33

NotOneOfUs wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 13:49:
The sooner the intersectionalists are removed from, well, everything, the sooner we can get back on track of treating everyone as equals.

Rather be dealing with fundamentalist Christians than these cancers.

Does that mean getting back to closing your eyes and pretending that the problem doesn't exist? I can see how that would solve it for a certain percentage of people but still leave issues where it comes to the ones not being treated as equal.

Sep 20, 2020, 09:02
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 20, 2020, 09:02
Sep 20, 2020, 09:02

MrBone wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 07:02:
Can a dev who happens to be considered white showcase their game at this expo? If not, there is your answer. Cheers.

You mean as opposed to every other expo in the gaming world? And that they have been represented exclusively since the very beginning of gaming history?

How does their exclusion from this expo damage white people's position in the gaming industry? How does it diminish or oppress their accomplishments?

Here is a thought. Stop treating everything that says here is a POC as some sort of direct attack on the white position of supremacy. You still have your Assassin's Creeds, Star Citizens, Dragon's Age, Mass Effect and League of Legends and countless other titles to hold up and say this is mine.

FFS are you so petty and afraid of POC that you think that somehow them having one tiny expo is a huge threat to your existence? What the hell does that even say about you?

Sep 20, 2020, 03:43
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 20, 2020, 03:43
Sep 20, 2020, 03:43

Quinn wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 02:38:
To answer your rhetorical question: Because it's not about inclusion. It's about exclusion. And it's what I've been warning for for years now. Ever since the anti-white narrative became the accepted and misguided tool for fixing unequality and racism.

I'd have to ask what exactly is anti-white about this expo?

I look at the title and the games and see that POC game developers are getting a chance to showcase their games which may otherwise have been overlooked. No one is forcing anyone to like or buy them. Where exactly, is the anti-white slant on this?

Oh and TriggleDiggle, I'm glad your wife is doing so great in her game development that she can afford to pass up these events but takes a spot on them anyway. Although for my part, if I truly found them to be demeaning and and offensive, I don't know why I would want to contribute to perpetuating the movement by participating. Isn't she taking part in what you're calling racism by the very fact that she chooses to be part of this? Shocked

In any case I've found a couple games that I'm interested in and wishlisted them for when they release. We Are The Caretakers seems to be pretty interesting.

Sep 19, 2020, 17:44
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 19, 2020, 17:44
Sep 19, 2020, 17:44

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 19, 2020, 16:04:
As a person of color (black), I find this sort of pandering to be incredibly offensive.
Merit-based success? nonsense! Check the right feel good box = You're an automatic winner

I kind of question if you are an actual person of color.
2730 Comments. 137 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    137  ] Older