Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2494 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Building Simulator Leaving Early Access This Month
3. Re: PC Building Simulator Leaving Early Access This Month Jan 11, 2019, 06:56 Slashman

Yo dawg,

I heard you like building PCs...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games
14. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 13:31 Slashman

Timmeh wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 12:32:
phinn wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 09:19:
Fortnite is absolute trash and a rip off of the best battle royale game there is PUBG. If it wasn't for kids playing it as the new Minecraft no one would care.

PUBG is horse sheite....

No, you!

(I just wanted to get in on it and not feel left out...)

News Comments > The Division 2 Blows Off Steam; Specs Revealed
20. Re: The Division 2 Blows Off Steam; Specs Revealed Jan 9, 2019, 22:59 Slashman

Primalchrome wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 22:34:
Publisher-centric storefronts are going to further erode many things that we enjoy in gaming rather than inspire competition. I realize that it's edgy to hate Steam, but it and GoG are two of the best storefronts/distributors out there.

Pssst! This is the THE place for edgy people who think their opinions are relevant.

News Comments > Discord Store Undercuts Epic With 10% Split
51. Re: Discord Store Undercuts Epic With 10% Split Dec 15, 2018, 21:02 Slashman

Slick wrote on Dec 15, 2018, 14:20:
Lol, no logic indeed...

I never said a word about Half Life 3. Don't know where you're pulling that argument from...

Well you mentioned Half-Life so I thought it was kind of implicit

And by your argument, you're admitting that we shouldn't even be viewing Valve as a company that makes videogames anymore.

I'm trying to figure out what it has to do with ANYTHING? You're stil not explaining that part.

So you're all frothing into a lather over defending a store?

Do you get this hot under the collar about Wal-Mart? Same shit.

Only gamers are this ridiculous. Never heard of other people defending a store like this, insinuating that it should be the only store in the industry because.... you have to click 2 extra times to goto another store? lol.

I'm actually wondering what the hell you're smoking right now. Chill the fuck out.

I'm trying to figure out why you're jumping for joy over a store policy that doesn't do anything for gamers and locks out other stores over content that is NOT theirs.

Steam didn't stop anyone selling on other stores. If Epic is so confident in their storefront then the price reduction should be enough to get other developers to put their games on there without artificially locking other people out for 1 year or more.

But I'm sure I must be missing something so...

News Comments > Discord Store Undercuts Epic With 10% Split
45. Re: Discord Store Undercuts Epic With 10% Split Dec 15, 2018, 13:02 Slashman

Uhhh Slick. I notice you have a real problem with Valve not releasing Half-Life 3 and not making games. But I have no idea how that is relevant to this discussion.

I mean as an online store do you HAVE to release a relevant game to do it properly? Is Epic more deserving of your dollar because they have Fortnite?

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - The Forgotten Sanctum Released
3. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - The Forgotten Sanctum Released Dec 14, 2018, 09:16 Slashman

MattyC wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 03:23:
Respawning ships on the world map, a new sub-class for each class, and (yeah, feel free to mock me) the ability to customize pets?

I'm in.

Consider yourself MOCKED!

News Comments > GOG.com Winter Sale Includes Freebies
6. Re: GOG.com Winter Sale Includes Freebies Dec 13, 2018, 17:14 Slashman

theglaze wrote on Dec 13, 2018, 15:30:
Luke wrote on Dec 13, 2018, 15:03:
I usually skip GOG for Steam...................says alot

Unlike yourself

*slow clap* Bravo!

News Comments > Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Released
6. Re: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Released Dec 4, 2018, 12:17 Slashman

Darks wrote on Dec 4, 2018, 12:03:
Dirk wrote on Dec 4, 2018, 11:30:
Mutant Year Zero has Denuvo. Going to have to pass on this one.

Same here, Not a fan of supporting that POS company.

Plus the X-Com games were never a big highlight for me. Loved the older ones, but these newer ones just suck.

Said...oh wait...it's just you!

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries in September
17. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries in September Dec 2, 2018, 17:44 Slashman

Orogogus wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 15:41:
Overon wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 14:11:
While you do make some good points and I'm sure there is merit to what you say to some degree, to blame crotchety old grognards for the Mechwarrior IP floundering and being sold to second rate studios has cause and effect backwards. Mechwarrior was not always developed by second rate studios. After it became less simulation and more arcade like, that's when the PC crotchety grognards got upset.

You can't ignore your core fans by trying to appeal to the more casual people in order to try to expand your audience. You risk alienating your core audience. It almost never works, especially if it's a niche genre to being with.

I agree with Primalchrome, I think the Mechwarrior IP is one of the most toxic around, and if it were me I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. You'd be better off making up own robots and background. The fanbase is always asking for AAA money to be spent on a game that will never, ever make back AAA profits, living a delusionary world if the right 'Mech game were made, people would be playing Mechwarrior instead of Fortnite, MOBAs, FPSes or whatever. I feel pretty often that MW developers should listen to the grognard crowd and then give serious consideration to doing the opposite of what they're saying. They're not always wrong... but it's pretty often.

Like, right in that video's comments, there are people bitching that the Locust is running around too fast and doesn't look like it's heavy enough. But no one's going to pilot them if they move any slower than that; they'll be deathtraps (especially in MWO). And then usually those same people are complaining that PGI hasn't put in the Dasher/Fire Moth or Fireball yet.

VR and co-op makes this probably a day one purchase for me. The comparable titles available now and on the horizon just don't have the same kind of money behind them. Like, Vox Machinae is pretty fun, but there's no campaign and only 5 mechs.

Primalchrome wrote:
We will probably never see a two inch thick manual for Falcon 4.0 again

My understanding is that DCS sits in that space right now, although the manuals are digital nowadays.

I've asked before, what do people want out of AI in a game like this? I've always felt that the AI doesn't have to be much more complicated than running at the player's 'Mechs while firing guns. In MWO, a designer's goal is probably to have as many matches as possible be close-fought, with one team winning by the skin of its teeth instead of rolling the enemy. But that's less fun in a single player campaign, especially a mercenary one. Like, the number one tactic in this kind of game is to group up and focus fire your enemies. But how fun is that if every mission the AI is burning down at least a few of your 'Mechs, if not gunning for the PC, who's probably sitting in the most threatening 'Mech? It seems to me that you see the same thing in HBS' BattleTech, where a lot of player strategy consists of isolating and focusing down targets; if the AI were realistic, that wouldn't work every single time. Missions are interesting because of their scripting combined with AI so dumb that players can take on three or four times their tonnage.

You see the same thing in games like Wing Commander or Freespace, which use terminology and mission design to make it sound military and professional, but in actual gameplay, success depends on you, personally, being better than 15 or 20 of the enemy's pilots. Those schmuck aliens aren't constantly shifting shields full to rear, dumping their stored weapons power, afterburning the hell out of Dodge and calling all their friends to shoot you down.

Quoted for truth.

News Comments > X4: Foundations Launches
13. Re: X4: Foundations Launches Nov 30, 2018, 22:44 Slashman

necrosis wrote on Nov 30, 2018, 21:56:
Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2018, 18:32:
Welp, reviews are mixed. Buggy as usual is the main cry. Gonna' watch some on Twitch over the next few days and hrm it over until the Xmas sale methinks. If anyone does take the plunge there are more than a few people who would be curious about your impressions 'round here.
Watched a twitch streamer for 8 hours and they saw no game breaking bugs. Only a few seriously minor ones. No fucking idea what the reviewers are talking about.

They are legitimate bugs as Egosoft has a bug report section on their forums. Just not sure the reviewers are actually experiencing bugs or disappointment bred from expecting Star Citizen.

I'm going to buy, got enough video RAM to run it. It apparently does not play well with anything under 3 GIGs. That may be where some of the bug reports come from.

Going to wait until they put out a patch or two though.

News Comments > Dragon Age Tease
14. Re: Dragon Age Tease Nov 30, 2018, 09:36 Slashman

El Pit wrote on Nov 30, 2018, 08:51:
I played and enjoyed all three games. The first one was by far the best, though. The second was good but had a small gaming area and a horrible color palette. Also, unlike some people here I did not have a too hard time with the fights. The third had very good graphics, a huge world, but had unfortunately some of the most boring quests in the trilogy. A fourth game should take game mechanics from the first game and combine it with the big world and nice graphics from the third game.

That would be the logical thing to do but we both know that's not gonna happen.

News Comments > Darksiders III Intro Trailer
2. Re: Darksiders III Intro Trailer Nov 19, 2018, 12:53 Slashman

MacLeod wrote on Nov 19, 2018, 10:49:
I just want to know if the game is more like Darksiders or Darksiders 2... I loved the first game, but couldn't get through the second one... didn't like the combat in it.

The combat in the second game was almost identical to the first one just sped up a little bit. And it had more options.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $200M
41. Re: Star Citizen Passes $200M Nov 18, 2018, 15:14 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Nov 18, 2018, 15:08:
Qbex . wrote on Nov 18, 2018, 01:13:
Regardless of the outcome, this should be a clear signal that there is huge potential in wing commander type space game. It boggles my mind that not one big money publisher and capable dev house is making any note of this and planing their own version of wing commander/privateer/freelancer instead of making another battle royale clone

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare?

That was a shooter masquerading as space sim...so not quite right.

There is Rebel Galaxy Outlaw and X4 Foundations coming out this month though.

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Calling
18. Re: HELLGATE: London Calling Nov 17, 2018, 17:53 Slashman

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Nov 17, 2018, 01:24:
Almost tempting at 10 bucks, but between Fallout 76, Pathfinder:Kingmaker, and 40k Martyr I have no idea where I could fit it in.

Don't forget 40K: Mechanicus!

News Comments > MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile
32. Re: MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile Nov 11, 2018, 22:17 Slashman

There is a reason studios sell out to big name publishers.

Houses are safer under their umbrella.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Getting Gary Busey as Santa
4. Re: Killing Floor 2 Getting Gary Busey as Santa Nov 9, 2018, 11:21 Slashman

DukeFNukem wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 18:42:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 12:44:
Oh shit, they are finally bringing in the M32 Grenade Launcher!

The new weapons sound good, but I may be getting KF2'd out, I have over 350hours played according to Steam. Game fatigue setting in.

Also, the game has slowly been growing in size as they keep adding new official maps, closer to 50gigs now, I think... it's becoming harder and harder as all new games balloon in size as well, to keep KF2 installed for occasional sessions.

Come on man, how can you deny Gary Busey? He's a legend. And the solution to your storage problem is simple. 1TB SSD for Christmas. Your problems all solved.

You're welcome!

C-Can I have one too??

News Comments > BioWare on More Mass Effect
19. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 9, 2018, 11:18 Slashman

Kxmode wrote on Nov 9, 2018, 02:49:
Technically, Shepard and the Reapers is a generic sci-fi setting, but the way in which the writers told the story was amazing.

Yeah up until the end in which none of your major choices mattered one iota.

News Comments > Hearthstone Celebrates 100M Players
7. Re: Hearthstone Celebrates 100M Players Nov 6, 2018, 07:46 Slashman

It's currently the only card game I play. I play like for 2 - 3 games after work.

I used to try and compete at the top tier without spending money now I just make what decks are fun for me and see how far I can take it.

I don't really have any complaints with it that I can recall.

News Comments > Warcraft III: Reforged Announced
5. Re: Warcraft III: Reforged Announced Nov 2, 2018, 20:00 Slashman

*SIGH* I get relive how they fucked over Arthas in the biggest way to make him the Lich King.  

News Comments > Pit of Doom Early Access
7. Re: Pit of Doom Early Access Oct 27, 2018, 12:07 Slashman

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 27, 2018, 11:45:
Feeling their oates: "its never going to be smaller, or cheaper, as it is today"

Never going to be cheaper huh? Watched video... not so sure about that. I'm impressed for people making games but that looked pretty basic to this point, no coop for a game like this is a bit of a disappointment as well.

Multiplayer is coming later though. For $9.00 and cheaper for those who bought The Pit this is a steal. Geez dude...

2494 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo