Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2122 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Disney Infinity to Cease Working
6. Re: Into the Black Jul 29, 2016, 23:28 Slashman

Suppa7 wrote on Jul 29, 2016, 23:16:
NegaDeath wrote on Jul 29, 2016, 22:29:
If the hobby of gaming drives you to a maddening rage on a daily basis it's time to find a new hobby.

Has nothing to do with gaming, has everything to do with political and historical trends that people like you are blissfully ignorant of.

It mostly has to do with pointless overreaction. If you've opted out of playing MMOs (I know I have), then what do you really care about here?

This is a freaking luxury entertainment product we're talking about, not food, water and clothing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Lost Treasures DLC
4. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Lost Treasures DLC Jul 28, 2016, 15:15 Slashman

Meh!  

News Comments > Anno 2205 DLC
6. Re: Anno 2205 DLC Jul 21, 2016, 08:43 Slashman

I really need to put some more time into 2070. It's a great game.  

News Comments > RimWorld Early Access
9. Re: RimWorld Early Access Jul 16, 2016, 12:02 Slashman

Looks very awesome. I want to pick it up but...

Too...Many...Games...To...Play...

Help!!!

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Adds Hero
4. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Adds Hero Jul 13, 2016, 20:43 Slashman

Primalchrome wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 20:18:
Phffft. I hope they go bankrupt. Releasing OMD2 was an insult to everyone that bought OMD. This is even worse. The first two games should have had all the content under a single title.

What the hell are you smoking? Please stop it and switch to something milder like opium...

That said, this MOBA nonsense is exactly the last thing I wanted to see from this studio.

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2016, 20:51.

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
18. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 7, 2016, 21:58 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 20:16:
Question is will there actually be stuff to do? I don't understand why they can't fully expand on that point. Maybe because there really isn't anything to do? Except pet florps.

My momma said that if I pet my florp too much I'll go blind.

News Comments > Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans
20. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 18:48 Slashman

I'm still trying to figure how CDPR can make every single side quest and story all interesting while TES games are so consistently mediocre/bland at it, and Skyrim was less than a third the size of the Witcher 3 game world.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2016, 23:48.

17. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 17:58 Slashman

Yeah I have been hesitant to say it but it is very likely the best RPG ever made!  

6. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 12:23 Slashman

Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 11:50:
I'm honestly not sure what there's left to enhance. The game is pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe put the SP Gwent game's balance changes into Witcher 3, but that's about all I can think of.

(and yes, all of you who say the combat is terrible, whatever. Go play Doom.)

I totally agree. The combat is great. The mistake I think they made was that on the default difficulty, you don't need to use the tools you have. The third tier difficulty should be the default. That's where I started and it feels so right.

I know why they did what they did. A lot of whiners moaned about the combat being too hard in TW2 instead of realizing it was Arkham Asylum they were playing. Regardless, I have zero complaints about the game as is except that I have too many awesome things to do apart from the main story which is itself awesome. How did they fit so much awesome into one friggin' game?

1. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 11:23 Slashman

Oh for the love of...!!!!

I JUST (only level 11) started my first playthrough after waiting for the final expansion and then waiting for the patch! Now you're gonna make it better???

WTH do I do now?? Should I just wait more??

You're killing me here CDPR!!!

News Comments > SEGA Acquires Amplitude
9. Re: SEGA Acquires Amplitude Jul 5, 2016, 19:50 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 18:53:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 16:27:
And I was looking forward to Endless Space 2. Oh well, now I can save my money......

To be honest, I am more hyped for Endless Space 2 now More money and less stupid bickering through Games2Gether would do ES2 some real good.

G2G is NOT going away. They made sure to state that up front.

They claim it will be business as usual but I'm going to watch to see if they announce that "gritty improved explosion" DLC with more ship debris.

News Comments > New Diablo Plans Revealed?
23. Re: New Diablo Plans Revealed? Jul 3, 2016, 14:21 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 09:48:

Of course there is much to fault in Grim Dark.. no full magic basic classes for example.

What is the Arcanist again exactly?

No companions with skill and equipment choice,

Didn't miss them. There are pets to compensate...including pets granted by Devotions too.

lackluster random generation.

They specifically said there would be very limited random map generation.

Boring boss fights...

Boring to you does not mean boring to everyone. I never had an issue with the boss fights. They generally have a decent variety of powers

not to mention the absurd combat system (why the heavens is there a MISS when there is already a DODGE, BLOCK and REFLECT ????) this adds so much annoyance and contrivances to the combat system.

It's one aspect of the combat. And while I could probably live without it, I'd hardly call it a major flaw.

And worst of all, the physics suck. The maps are too static... that's really just visual fluff, but an ARPG needs visual fluff, in Grim Dark, the actual combat is a snoozefest because it looks totally unimpressive.

So nothing hugely important? Got it. You're stuck on trivial fluff.

In D3, when you hit as monk, the grass sways back from the force, debris splatters around, monsters are dismantled based on the elemental damage etc....

Monsters get thrown around and dismembered just fine in Grim Dawn. Whether it matches the Diablo 3 level of things isn't something I'd consider critical.

Ps.: For me, the single most biggest fault of GD is, all other things aside (which I can actually ignore and indeed still enjoy GD) is the total lack of a pet based class (WD/Necro) and the total lack of useful companions.

Yep...lets pretend that the Occultist and Shaman do not exist. Just like we pretend that the Arcanist does not exist as a pure magic class. Good job.

While we are at it, lets also pretend that you can't, and aren't, encouraged to multi-class to get exactly the type of build you want and that you have to stick to a single mastery.

News Comments > New Diablo Plans Revealed?
6. Re: New Diablo Plans Revealed? Jul 1, 2016, 23:02 Slashman

I think Grim Dawn already covered all these basses and did them way better. It was certainly my D3.  

News Comments > ShinyLoot "Dormant" - GOG.com Rescues Sword of the Stars: The Pit
7. Re: ShinyLoot Jul 1, 2016, 10:05 Slashman

EricFate wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 08:14:
Considering how unceremoniously they dumped multiplayer and online support for the original Sword of the Stars (the one that people actually used to play), I'm amazed they took even this step with one of the earlier bastard stepchildren.

Talking crap when you don't know the whole story. Good on you!

News Comments > G2A Planning Changes
67. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 30, 2016, 14:23 Slashman

Verno wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 14:06:
It's fine to argue that some suit at EA isn't going to give you a break on price unless you force his hand but claiming Steam is somehow holding back money or that digital distribution has lowered costs is nuts. Those cost savings were passed onto the consumer several times over already, particularly in the PC market.

Stop spouting that logic and reason...it can't be born!

65. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 30, 2016, 08:24 Slashman

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 04:15:
Now you gonna try for more snark or are you gonna contribute in some meaningful way?

OK how about this:

Thats not shameful, thats being smart. This is shameful: American warplanes dropping ordnance on civilians and calling that a war on terrorism. Know what else is shameful? Western corporations and companies outsourcing all of their primary business so they don't have to pay taxes in their primary markets, while at the same time using outsourced labour at slave wages to create excessive profit margins in their domestic markets. I can list examples all day if you like.

None of your examples apply to gaming companies, and especially to independent game developers. These guys aren't outsourcing labour to the farthest and most impoverished regions of the world and reaping benefits from them.

So you're essentially saying: "Some other assholes screwed over the country and did some horrible things. Lets see if I can help stick it to the 'man' by saving a few dollars and buying out of region even though I can afford to wait for a sale or just not buy if I think the price is too high."

What the internet has shown is that we are all one world, and what goes around comes around. If that is shameful to some of you, then that's on you, but to me it indicates hope that maybe one day people will wake the fuck up and realize that they are not better than someone else for having the better luck of being born in the U.S. compared to say, Somalia...

What the internet is showing is that there are a large number of whiny, entitled, first-world kids who think that if they frame whatever they do under the banner of "resisting corporate tyranny' that it's OK to do it. While actually doing NOTHING to fight the actual horrible things being done apart from copious amounts of lip-service.

I dunno, is that enough "contribution" for you?

62. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 29, 2016, 09:20 Slashman

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 04:38:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 17:26:
descender wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 12:03:
The results of complaining about or taking advantage of the regional pricing are not going to be cheaper prices. The result will be going back to region locking and the total elimination of services like G2A.
Can we please just do this? I'm getting tired of watching the largely American user base here complain that they deserve charity pricing on their games. It's shameful.

Thats not shameful, thats being smart. This is shameful: American warplanes dropping ordnance on civilians and calling that a war on terrorism. Know what else is shameful? Western corporations and companies outsourcing all of their primary business so they don't have to pay taxes in their primary markets, while at the same time using outsourced labour at slave wages to create excessive profit margins in their domestic markets. I can list examples all day if you like.

What the internet has shown is that we are all one world, and what goes around comes around. If that is shameful to some of you, then that's on you, but to me it indicates hope that maybe one day people will wake the fuck up and realize that they are not better than someone else for having the better luck of being born in the U.S. compared to say, Somalia...

That is one colossal strawman you setup there. How many fields did you strip bare to build that thing?

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer
37. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 28, 2016, 23:57 Slashman

shihonage wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 23:52:
Slashman wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 19:54:
Well you're still here, feeling the need to defend it.

Oh, there's nothing to defend against. I just troll you back

Well that makes it way more enjoyable then. Always like a good troll exchange. Trollbashing

Weird how there's a troll bashing emoticon but no plain troll emoticon.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer
35. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 28, 2016, 19:54 Slashman

shihonage wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 17:41:
Slashman wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 09:04:
shihonage wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 01:43:

You do sound pretty frustrated.

Yeah I always get frustrated when the sequel to a game I enjoyed is set to come out. In fact it leads me to write pointless diatribes on the state of modern FPS gaming...oh wait!

It's so pointless and forgettable, and yet here you are, still complaining about it.

Well you're still here, feeling the need to defend it.

50. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 28, 2016, 17:23 Slashman

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 16:33:
Besides, I remember very well that publishers promised us to pass on any cost advantages from the move to digital. Of course that never happened. New games are still 49.99 to 59.99 (often times the latter these days since publishers like to apply console pricing to the PC version, too).

So the bottom line is that every single developer, indie and otherwise, is a greedy asshole who overcharges and walks away laughing all the way to the bank? They are all being dishonest about how much their games cost to make?

2122 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo