Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On August 1, 2008
Supporter -
Total Comments 2662 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Remastered Announced

6. Re: Saints Row: The Third Remastered Announced Apr 6, 2020, 13:44 Slashman

NKD wrote on Apr 6, 2020, 13:32:
Apparently 1 year EGS exclusive on PC, 30fps locked on console version.

Well. Looks like I'll be keeping my money then!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Remastered Revealed

8. Re: Saints Row: The Third Remastered Revealed Apr 4, 2020, 22:33 Slashman

Bumpy wrote on Apr 4, 2020, 22:10:
Wait, which is the one with the dildos? Everyone needs improved dildos.

All of them?

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Remastered Revealed

5. Re: Saints Row: The Third Remastered Revealed Apr 4, 2020, 21:45 Slashman

In my opinion 4 should never have been made. They should have knocked the Saints back down to almost nothing and made 4 a more traditional Saints Romp.

Once you started throwing superpowers into it for use at any time it just negated so much of the gameplay.

News Comments > Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses

13. Re: Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses Apr 1, 2020, 21:53 Slashman

Pepe wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 21:41:
I tought the EGS exclusivity would give more money to the devs so where is it?

Heh Heh Heh Heh! Jester

News Comments > X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta Released

8. Re: X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta Released Apr 1, 2020, 08:43 Slashman

There's an equal number of people on the forums who are having no issues though. Including myself. And some of them run huge empires.

The guy who originally reported it fixed his issue...so I'm not sure what to tell you.

6. Re: X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta Released Mar 31, 2020, 22:57 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 21:47:
Give it a week or so then let us know. Avorion is just too fugly for me.

Yeah Avorion is what I like to call an ugly lego building game.

It is a different beast from X4. Anywho I just started my first playthrough and no issues so far. But it is still early.

3. Re: X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta Released Mar 31, 2020, 21:31 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 20:33:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 19:50:
Is it "safe" to pick this up yet?

Avorion? Yes
Mount and Blade 2? Yes
Anno 1800? Maybe
X3: TC? Definitely

Oh.. you were asking about X4? Hahahahahaa NO.

Mind you, it's even worse if you played Avorion. You can't go back to this aquarium simulator with space-ships then without feeling restricted and bound and confused and bored.. it's pretty, but it's boring to an absurd degree.

I guess the real question you need to answer is this, can you handle games that OPENLY and INTENTIONALLY were made to WASTE YOUR TIME with sometimes zero reward?

Not to mention bugs... just started with newest patch, took guild mission, saved, reloaded, suddenly I failed 1 of em out of nowhere (one of my ships undocked with NO ORDERS and destroyed a lockbox by looking at it) and the mission sequence (it was 1 of 4 missions) was gone.. completely GONE. No more missions from the guild mission system at all after that. Every reload reproduces this and this is a bug since the release of the game.

Really? I've been trolling the forums almost everyday since they started the beta of 3.0 and this is the first I've heard of this bug.

You must be really special to have triggered it.

News Comments > Epic Games Publishing Announced

36. Re: Epic Games Publishing Announced Mar 26, 2020, 17:35 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 16:24:
Slashman wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 16:03:

Now if Epic starts publishing games from developers from the ground up. Awesome. I won't be buying them but that's good for Epic and doesn't involve pulling shitty moves by advertising on Steam and then not selling there.

That's exactly what this story is about. So why are you complaining?

Because that's not what they were doing before? Why are you making this so complicated?

29. Re: Epic Games Publishing Announced Mar 26, 2020, 16:03 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 15:46:
Primalchrome wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 14:44:
WannaLogAlready wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 14:08:
but has done little for developers considering its economic might, content to just rake the winnings of the status quo.
Sigh. Steam, whether you like them or not, has done a lot for both consumers and devs to make PCgaming both better and more accessible. Some of these things seem trivial or not something you or I use....but they do push sales/units in other demographics, thereby helping devs and publishers. :
- Workshop
- Centralized patching / Optional versioning / Beta programs
- Centralized dev updates
- Centralized forums
- Cloud Saves
- DLC linking
- Shopping cart / Wishlist / Gifting / Social aspects
- Big Picture mode
- Controller support/emulation
- Steam Controller / Steam Link
- SteamVR
- Linux clients
- Hell...even the SteamBox was good for devs as a political move

Blizzard and EA don't offer most of that stuff either. Where's your outrage about all of their games not being on Steam?

Blizzard and EA don't claim to be acting in the interest of the developer and by extension the customer by buying out exclusives.

Blizzard only sells Blizzard games on Battle net. And EA has recently come back to Steam to sell Fallen Order. Also EA games are EA games.

I don't complain about games that are advertised from the start to appear on Epic...I simply do not pay any attention to them, It is a different matter when a game advertised on Steam suddenly gets pulled and appears on Epic store.

Now if Epic starts publishing games from developers from the ground up. Awesome. I won't be buying them but that's good for Epic and doesn't involve pulling shitty moves by advertising on Steam and then not selling there.

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Playable Without VR

3. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Playable Without VR Mar 26, 2020, 15:15 Slashman

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 12:35:
They'll then use these completely broken logic conclusions to determine that VR is terrible, since they can't even imagine that the headset and controls are absolutely key to making the game spectacular.

Maybe that right there is the whole problem with VR.

23. Re: Epic Games Publishing Announced Mar 26, 2020, 15:13 Slashman

Primalchrome wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 14:44:
WannaLogAlready wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 14:08:
but has done little for developers considering its economic might, content to just rake the winnings of the status quo.
Sigh. Steam, whether you like them or not, has done a lot for both consumers and devs to make PCgaming both better and more accessible. Some of these things seem trivial or not something you or I use....but they do push sales/units in other demographics, thereby helping devs and publishers. :
- Workshop
- Centralized patching / Optional versioning / Beta programs
- Centralized dev updates
- Centralized forums
- Cloud Saves
- DLC linking
- Shopping cart / Wishlist / Gifting / Social aspects
- Big Picture mode
- Controller support/emulation
- Steam Controller / Steam Link
- SteamVR
- Linux clients
- Hell...even the SteamBox was good for devs as a political move

Those things don't matter and you're spouting heresy according to Slick and Redeye.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

38. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2020, 09:03 Slashman

Really sorry to hear about your stroke Prez.

I guess we all think we're invincible until something like this happens.

I had a stroke a couple of years ago and it made me reevaluate my life. I hope you pull through this with minimal lasting effects.

Take care of yourself.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2020, 21:18 Slashman

Retired wrote on Mar 22, 2020, 20:59:
Never finished the previous Doom, so I installed it and am excited to play through that first.

Maybe time to finish Wolfenstein games also.....

That's me too. Man I have so many games to play...

News Comments > X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta This Month

14. Re: X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta This Month Mar 20, 2020, 08:25 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 17:48:
Slashman wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 14:42:
Just a few things they have added in 3.0 are new weapons, new ships, new sectors. Also did a complete overhaul of the audio in the game including weapon effects. Also visual effects.
You forgot to mention the last thing they added a bunch of: new bugs.

Why you! Angry

Seriously though. That's why 3.0 has been a beta patch for so long. So they can fix bugs without having to worry about the main game.

Here's some insight into the design of the X games.

5. Re: X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta This Month Mar 19, 2020, 14:42 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 12:05:
Slashman wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 11:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 10:22:
I wonder how Egosoft feels.. now that Avorion is out..and is just vastly superior in every way aside graphics....

Just fine. I'm sure Avorion is a great game but modular ship building was never what X was about.

If you look at the changelogs for 3.0 you can see they are huge? This will be a massive update of the base game and (just my opinion) make X4 one of the most solid space games on the market. It did take awhile to get there though.

Would that be a good time to finally pull the trigger on this? I've been watching and waiting for it to finally be ready enough to buy.

I've already bought it but I was waiting for 3.0 and Split Vendetta to hit before I play. The changelog for 3.0 is huge. They have really put a lot of work into it.

Even the old naysayers on the forums are excited. So I would say yes but you could just as easily wait for launch and I will give you my personal take on the actual gameplay.

Just a few things they have added in 3.0 are new weapons, new ships, new sectors. Also did a complete overhaul of the audio in the game including weapon effects. Also visual effects.

They updated the fleet command system and also...lots of stuff.

Oh also new missions.

Patch notes

3. Re: X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta This Month Mar 19, 2020, 11:45 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 10:22:
I wonder how Egosoft feels.. now that Avorion is out..and is just vastly superior in every way aside graphics....

Just fine. I'm sure Avorion is a great game but modular ship building was never what X was about.

If you look at the changelogs for 3.0 you can see they are huge? This will be a massive update of the base game and (just my opinion) make X4 one of the most solid space games on the market. It did take awhile to get there though.

News Comments > Insider Look at Valve's Culture

23. Re: Insider Look at Valve's Culture Mar 18, 2020, 18:34 Slashman

And again. EGS has developers crunching 70 to 100 hour weeks and requiring hospitalization at the end of that.

How are they the good guys that gaming needs?

News Comments > Insider Look at Valve's Culture

19. Re: Insider Look at Valve's Culture Mar 18, 2020, 09:23 Slashman

Slick wrote on Mar 18, 2020, 00:09:
I find it funny that this is "news".

Glad so many are content to keep handing 30% over to a company that hasn't had an original game idea since the original Half-Life.

I mean, why would anyone want to use the storefront of the people who actually employ 10,000 game designers? Fuck those guys! I'd rather give billions to Gabe with the 30% tax so that he can reinvest that money properly, in his own private yacht collection. The rich get richer.

When will people see that Steam is a cancer on the gaming industry, not a saviour. You're willingly supporting a platform that diverts money AWAY from game developers. I have a lot of love for the people who sacrifice and have to put up with so much grind, hardship, and competition just to get the chance to work in gaming. I want them to get my money.

Fuck GabeN.

I find it interesting you can say that about a company that is so deep in crunch culture. Gotta get the next Fortnite shiny baubles out on time right? If a few game devs (which you claim to absolutely love and be supportive of) get sick and have to be hospitalized... Well those 70 and 100 hour weeks are worth it.

Epic is pure gold after all.

News Comments > E3 2020 Officially Cancelled

43. Re: E3 2020 Officially Cancelled Mar 12, 2020, 08:03 Slashman

So we're ignoring what happened in Italy and China and just going with our feelings?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 9, 2020, 15:02 Slashman

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 9, 2020, 03:47:
Having a ton of fun with Deep Rock Galactic. A buddy at work recommended it to me, and it did not disappoint. I feel like once I unlock more stuff, it might start to feel less exciting and maybe repetitive, but for now, whee! Totally worth the $15 I paid.

Man I've been on the edge of pulling that trigger forever. I am so tempted...but just so much to play. Pouting

2662 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >