Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2445 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Aug 9, 2018, 20:48 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 20:35:
Plenty of people have been self-publishing in games, music, etc. for a long time now.

True but that comes with its own risk every time you publish and well look at the Battletech group...Harebrained Schemes. They are taking the publisher route and they arguably have less reason to do so than most.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Aug 9, 2018, 19:57 Slashman

But then that's the publisher's game. And nothing to do with developers, they have already gotten paid.

So what is this really about?

News Comments > On Star Citizen Economics
38. Re: On Star Citizen Economics Aug 5, 2018, 11:45 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Aug 5, 2018, 04:09:
Slashman wrote on Aug 4, 2018, 20:36:
The problem is that you'll get a person with all the spare time in the world and all the spare money in the world and that will be your offset.

It's not the ones with time or money but the ones with BOTH who will ruin everyone's day.

Why do you hate capitalism trust fund babies?

Zounds!!! Found out...

News Comments > On Star Citizen Economics
19. Re: On Star Citizen Economics Aug 4, 2018, 20:36 Slashman

The problem is that you'll get a person with all the spare time in the world and all the spare money in the world and that will be your offset.

It's not the ones with time or money but the ones with BOTH who will ruin everyone's day.

News Comments > BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans
42. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 10:52 Slashman

Why??? What in the thread title gave you any ideas that this thread had info on the title that was not mentioned in it in the first place???  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 14, 2018, 09:42 Slashman

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 07:48:
El Pit wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 06:32:
If a "president" can grab some model's pussy, a Twitch streamer can use some foul language. The first thing is worse than the latter, by the way...
So you actually think Trump actually grabbed a pussy?
Wow... amazing how fake news create the real idiocracy.

So the recording of the conversation was fake is what you're saying?

News Comments > PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month
16. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 13:16 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 12:38:
intermarer wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 08:53:
What genius thought it would be a good idea to release at the same time as Battle for Azeroth? Jeez.

I'll probably get it anyway, but 60 fps cap? Come on! Smells like crappy port

August is a pretty common time to release games. Also, I don't think publishers really care about WoW. People who still play WoW tend to only play WoW so it's not like they were potential customers anyway.

This is so so true. MMO gamers should not be the target audience for games that are not MMOs.

News Comments > Steam Competitor Coming from China
37. Re: Steam Competitor Coming from China Jul 10, 2018, 11:28 Slashman

Jivaro wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 00:35:
I am finding it more and more absurd each and every day to say much about China or Russia's human rights violations, or whatever other violations they might have, given what we as Americans are letting happen in our country right now. It feels hypocritical. Even the elections being fucked with feels more like karma given the propaganda and assassinations the USA has used to install their own puppets in various countries around the world in the name of "democracy". At some point we are going to have to admit we are at least as bad if not worse as China or Russia. We might not all want to be, at least I hope not....but between the prison systems for profit, the immigration mess, unarmed citizens being shot in the streets or in their cars....at the very best we are letting shitty things happen on a regular basis and seemingly with state or federal approval or intentional ignorance.

China and Russia are our biggest problems and the least of our problems all at the same time.

/soapbox

With regards to another client... *shrug* ... I will wait and let other people take the dive and report back. I don't want to get too much of a predetermined opinion on it when I have only seen this post.

When was the last time America did forced organ donations? On prisoners who committed the horrible act of having a religious/spiritual practice that the government deemed a serious threat.

When did America pass a law allowing one free wife battering to every husband as long as the wife wasn't hospitalized?

When did America start disappearing American citizens, not only people who the government found undesirable, but their entire families and subject them to torture and denial of health care while incarcerated?

There is nothing saintly about the USA or really any first world country, but China and Russia are doing seriously barbaric things that are on a whole other scale.

News Comments > Darksiders III in November
6. Re: Darksiders III in November Jul 10, 2018, 11:08 Slashman

MacLeod wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 09:11:
I hope it plays more like the first game than the second one... I honestly couldn't make it through the second game. Didn't like it.

The setting in the second game was my biggest problem but that didn't stop me from finishing it at all. Setting the bulk of it on an alien world was kind of pointless and didn't leave much for the player to relate to.

News Comments > Steam Competitor Coming from China
30. Re: Steam Competitor Coming from China Jul 9, 2018, 17:46 Slashman

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 13:43:
It's always us vs them isnt it? This tribe vs that tribe. This brown ape vs that orange ape? Its sad, and pathetic. And its why humanity will never reach the stars. We will be too busy fucking each other over the last drop of oil, water and soil.

I'm not disagreeing with your sentiment, but your battle is ill chosen in this case. The number of documented cases of China's dubious and often outright malicious, state-sponsored hacking is rather large.

At one point they were selling a line of desktops with malware embedded in the BIOS. That's not trivial. You couldn't just wipe the system and reload the OS to get rid of that.

I don't hate Chinese people and I'm neither Chinese, American or Russian. However, that country is still committing many human rights violations today. It has a leader who ensconced himself for LIFE in that position.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it is not tribal mentality that drives my skepticism of digital offerings from them. Just as I'm wary of ones from Russia.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 9, 2018, 10:00 Slashman

Good to see D:OS 2 and Witcher 3 up there.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
15. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 4, 2018, 08:28 Slashman

Frijoles wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 02:21:
Slashman wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 15:02:
Frijoles wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 12:51:
Article was crap. TLDR: Was it flawed? Sure. And it released against other games that did things better.

That's exactly what the article said. How does that make it crap?

That's what I mean. It said nothing, really. They took a dev post that said nearly nothing and turned it in to an article. No follow-up questions, no digging for a bit more. Just "here's what a dev said, let us rephrase it." So yeah, article was crap. Dev post was fine.

OK I get your meaning now. As I said earlier, it is likely that there were no follow-up questions because publishers put a tight leash on things like that.

12. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 3, 2018, 18:33 Slashman

The Pyro wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 13:57:
I wish the interviewee had talked about specific issues and why they didn't fix them. Thee game's budget was supposedly more than double ME3's - surely you can't blame all the problems on resources?

Several issues likely prevent that. Publishers have very tight NDAs. Usually they won't even let developers say as much as what was in the article. Even if it was gross mismanagement on the part of the publisher which put too much strain on the developer, it is highly unlikely that the developer would ever be able to tell the whole/part of the tale.

Even though I have been largely disappointed by the more recent Bioware offerings, I always remember that they work for a publisher and that publisher's prime and only goal is to make money.

6. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 3, 2018, 15:02 Slashman

Frijoles wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 12:51:
Article was crap. TLDR: Was it flawed? Sure. And it released against other games that did things better.

That's exactly what the article said. How does that make it crap?

News Comments > QuakeCon 2018 Registration
3. Re: QuakeCon 2018 Registration Jun 30, 2018, 19:26 Slashman

Private LAN parties with friends you know are still the best way to go.

I'd really like to get back to organizing some of those at some point.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
5. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 30, 2018, 11:15 Slashman

Game of Thrones? Really? Mr. Martin might like a word with them about accuracy.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video
3. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 10:53 Slashman

As long as people continue to financially support this amazingly bloated project, it will continue to appear to make progress while making very little.

That's not sarcasm. That's just the truth. As long as thousand dollar ship packages keep selling, as long as plots of virtual real-estate keep selling, as long as concept art keeps selling, Star Citizen will be around and will not launch.

If I were a programmer/artist/game designer, I'd want in on this gig. Continuous employment for more than half a decade is pretty good for a game programmer with the type of salaries I imagine are getting paid.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Launches
3. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Launches Jun 28, 2018, 19:58 Slashman

I don't think ED is ever really going to turn into a different game. They'll add more things to do but I doubt they are looking to change the experience from its core.

In any case...maybe X4 coming out this year will be the answer for some folks who thought Elite was a bit too whatever.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 26, 2018, 16:24 Slashman

Wow! I agree with Cutter. Not sure how to go on now... Jester  

News Comments > Defense Task Force Released
3. Re: Defense Task Force Released Jun 19, 2018, 20:51 Slashman

Seems like they neglected to do much marketing. I'm likely going to grab this...just hope it finds some legs.

X-Morph Defense became my number 1 TD over the past couple of months.

2445 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo