Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 2214 (Senior)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Master of Orion DLC
5. Re: Master of Orion DLC Dec 2, 2016, 23:03 Slashman

The non-interactive combat in Stellaris kills it for me. Definitely not on my to-buy list.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Master of Orion DLC
2. Re: Master of Orion DLC Dec 2, 2016, 09:02 Slashman

From what I see it is one pack and you get 3 races. It costs $10.  

News Comments > Dawn of Andromeda Early Access
2. Re: Dawn of Andromeda Early Access Dec 2, 2016, 01:34 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 21:51:
This is the dawning of the Age of Andromeda...Age of Andromeda....

You're showing your age man...and mine. Uneasy

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Free GotY Upgrade on GOG.com
13. Re: W3Goty free? Nov 30, 2016, 19:05 Slashman

Aw crap! Need to finish the Witcher 3 DLC. Dammit, dammit and double frackin' dammit!

How do I get more hours in my days?

News Comments > Darksiders - Warmastered Edition
4. Re: Darksiders - Warmastered Edition Nov 30, 2016, 01:18 Slashman

Free stuff + Me = Happy Gamer W00t  

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
33. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 27, 2016, 10:09 Slashman

You know...if they were adding capital ship building, I would be a lot more enthused. You can move a giant-ass cap ship at least. A base on a planet...not so much.

That said, I'm fine with them continuing to try to fix the game, but I've seen many times before where fixing a game even with less issues than NMS just could not be done.

Non-implemented features sometimes require serious engine work and rewrites to make them work. I'm just not sure they can reasonably make good without more staff, resources and ultimately money. Which leads back to the paid content angle that I'm pretty sure no one wants to jump on.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
33. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 13:37 Slashman

Prez wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 10:53:
yuastnav wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 10:49:

Shadow Warrior 2 is a whole different beast to me. TB criticised it because of the whole "looter shooter" thing which is ridiculous to me because I never looked at this game this way. The shooting feels tremendously satisfying, the maps are great and the movement is so much fun. You can be so fast in this game.

Total Biscuit likes straight run and gun. I saw his critique of Shadow Warrior 2 and everything he listed as a negative for him basically sold the game to me. I picked it up on sale and I am going to install it soon.

Total Biscuit has never impressed me much as a review source. Even his review of SW1 never highlighted the things that made it a good game to me. But hey...he's got an accent and a following so we must take him seriously.

Honestly he's got poor gaming skills and many times those are reflected in his reviews. I'm pretty crappy at platformers, but that doesn't mean every game with platforming gameplay is crap.

News Comments > Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo
2. Re: Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo Nov 22, 2016, 19:12 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 15:03:
I really wish someone would do something Ass Creedish in the Edo period of Japan. That would effing rock.

Yeah...that WOULD rock. Ass Creed: Shinobi!

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
91. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 20, 2016, 21:26 Slashman

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 18:03:

That's at least one thing I'm rooting for RSI on. Don't compromise for the sake of lesser hardware. Build the most hardware destroying game out there. We've been in need of another Crysis.

Wait...is that like another crisis or Crysis? I always get the two mixed up. Confused

News Comments > Master of Orion DLC Next Month
8. Re: Master of Orion DLC Next Month Nov 20, 2016, 09:46 Slashman

Orogogus wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 18:27:
Slashman wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 14:29:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 14:18:
Is anyone still playing this? It got mediocre reviews when it was released and had a lot of competition in the 4x space.

What competition did it really even have?

The original Sword of the Stars is still pretty much the best space 4x out there. No one else is doing anything like it even now.

Really? I haven't really played anything in this genre since the original MoO, but just from games that seem to have positive word of mouth I think there's Stellaris, Endless Space 1 & 2, GalCiv 3, Star Ruler 1 & 2, and Sins of Solar Empire. Some of those are real-time, but still 4x as far as I know.

Sorry. I missed Star Ruler 2 (that game deserves props) for sure and I did enjoy Star Drive 2 for a short while. But when it comes to real time combat with actual physics and weapon tracking in true 3d, no there has NOT been anything even close except the ill-fated SotS2 (fuck you Paradox).

Endless Space was OK. It had very bland combat which is being dumbed down more for ES2. SoaSE doesn't quite scratch that itch for me and again the number of techs and options are no where near SotS.

Honestly I'm tired of space 4x games that leave out the exterminate part or else give it very basic attention and call it done.

News Comments > Master of Orion DLC Next Month
3. Re: Master of Orion DLC Next Month Nov 18, 2016, 14:29 Slashman

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 14:18:
Is anyone still playing this? It got mediocre reviews when it was released and had a lot of competition in the 4x space.

What competition did it really even have?

The original Sword of the Stars is still pretty much the best space 4x out there. No one else is doing anything like it even now.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Patch Plans
5. Re: Dishonored 2 Patch Plans Nov 11, 2016, 18:35 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 18:22:
Gee, a Bethesda game that's released in a substandard state for PCs? How unusual. Wry

Hmmm... Was the first Dishonored in a bad state at launch?

News Comments > Beholder Next Week
20. Re: Beholder Next Week Nov 6, 2016, 12:16 Slashman

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 14:11:
Uh, what? Not a single character in this game appears to be a giant floating mouth with a horrible, massive central eye, along with eyestalks radiating death and magic beams from them in place of hair.

False Advertising!

I said that in the previous thread. Now If I could play a game where I am actually a Beholder, I would throw my wallet at the screen.

News Comments > GOG.com's Monstrous Fall Sale
12. Re: GOG.com's Monstrous Fall Sale Nov 4, 2016, 15:25 Slashman

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 14:55:

Speaking of which, I need to finish up Witcher 1 and 2, so I can get to fucking Witcher 3 already, damn. :(

Witcher 3 is gonna kick your butt. Imagine a Skyrim where ALL the sidequests plus the main quests are actually
really
good.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer
17. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 4, 2016, 11:57 Slashman

The entire ending sequence was extremely disappointing.

Instead of a major final space battle where all the races you forged alliances with come together to defeat the Reapers we got that crap.

It was just so friggin' stupid. The game was essentially perfect up until that point. I felt like they really nailed the gameplay and loot/armor system for 3. But then they pulled that ending shite.

News Comments > GOG.com's Monstrous Fall Sale
9. Re: GOG.com's Monstrous Fall Sale Nov 4, 2016, 09:20 Slashman

I...cannot sustain more games in queue. Wreck

Games that I would currently like to finish/play:

Shadow Warrior 2

Rebel Galaxy

Oceanhorn

Witcher 3 DLCs

Styx: Master of Shadows

Warshift

XCom 2

Kaiju-a-gogo

Space Hulk: Ascension

Hand of Fate

Grey Goo

Shadow of Mordor

Wasteland 2

Shadowrun: Hong Kong

And that's not a complete list! Wall

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Season Pass Details
8. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Season Pass Details Nov 2, 2016, 22:18 Slashman

Prez wrote on Nov 2, 2016, 21:44:
People REALLY need to stop buying these Season Passes. It's showing incredible faith in companies who have done nothing to earn such faith; quite the opposite really.

Dude! Stop with your logic and common sense. The internet will break and then what will we do?

News Comments > Steam Screenshot Policy Change?
8. Re: Into the Black Nov 1, 2016, 21:27 Slashman

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 21:01:
No way man, this policy just fell out of the sky.

Nice one!

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Collector's Edition
3. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Collector's Edition Nov 1, 2016, 10:26 Slashman

The thing is that the upgrade system counters the 'bullet sponge' enemies very well. You just need to take the time to understand how to slot upgrades. Don't just slot willy nilly. Compliment your armor and powers gems with the right weapon upgrades and you can cut through enemies like a toxic chainsaw through an extended limb.

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Preloads
28. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Preloads Oct 26, 2016, 14:46 Slashman

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 13:03:
sauron wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 08:56:
I have about 150 hours logged, and may load this up for a reroll. I usually go archery, summoning, enchanting, sneaking.

Then again, I'm also trying to finish Witcher 3, and just started Enderal...

one does not simply finish witcher 3....

Truer words have ne'er been spoken!

2214 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo