Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 1660 (Pro)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins
20. Re: NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins Jan 17, 2017, 23:51 Ozmodan

I just deleted the software when they attempted to make me create an account. I just download new drivers when I see that I need them now.

The idiot who wrote that response is completely clueless that no one wants another unnecessary account logon that serves no purpose whatsoever. Definitely will look at AMD next time I get a graphics card.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 17, 2017, 23:43 Ozmodan

I think the person who gave Manning a security clearance should serve out his sentence. I think Snowdon is most definitely a whistle blower and should also have a pardon and I spent many years in the intelligence community.  

News Comments > Tibia Turns 20
4. Re: Tibia Turns 20 Jan 10, 2017, 18:29 Ozmodan

What complete nonsense. Been playing MMO's forever and never heard of this game. Another hole in the wall game that no one knew about. Those numbers they threw out are completely bogus!  

News Comments > PC Brut@l Next Month
8. Re: PC Brut@l Next Month Jan 10, 2017, 07:42 Ozmodan

Sorry, but using ASCII graphics in anything in this day and age is ludicrous.

Any developer that is this stupid needs to see their game get a -10.

If you think using such is ok I think you have a screw loose.

News Comments > Scalebound Cancelled
12. Re: Scalebound Cancelled Jan 10, 2017, 07:39 Ozmodan

Kind of funny as a MMORPG forum post had this listed as one of the games they were looking forward to.

The unfortunate problem with game development, many of the dreamers have great difficulty implementing such.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 9, 2017, 19:04 Ozmodan

Worked for a software firm that outsourced our entire group to India. Really stupid decision because the banks we used to sell to won't buy the product any more because the support is horrendous and the package is so messed up now as to be far inferior the competitors that they previously owned.

You have to consider though, it is California, the land of the fruitloops. I had to leave the state, just could not stand the battle with stupidity.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 9, 2017, 18:54 Ozmodan

nin wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 15:13:
Ozmodan wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 15:08:
The reason no one noticed, there is not much noticeable difference visually in the higher resolution, especially in games. Unless you have a 60+ inch monitor the difference is slight.

Digital Foundry says it's noticeable, but I doubt that will stop your bitching...

So why is noone ooing and ahing over the changes? Sure it does look somewhat better, but you really have to look close to see it. On my 27" monitor it is hardly noteworthy. Just not that big of a deal.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
5. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jan 9, 2017, 15:11 Ozmodan

When you get down to it, this was not a blockbuster season for games, hence not much selection for quality games. Not hard to stay at number 1 when you competition is so weak.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 9, 2017, 15:08 Ozmodan

The reason no one noticed, there is not much noticeable difference visually in the higher resolution, especially in games. Unless you have a 60+ inch monitor the difference is slight.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 5, 2017, 00:46 Ozmodan

Dealt extensively with these credit idiots when I worked at Fair Isaac. The stupid things they use to affect your credit would shock you. And yes they all have multiple credit scores. What a lender sees is different from what you see over the internet. Surprised it took this long to fine them, they have been doing this for a long time.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Jan 3, 2017, 10:00 Ozmodan

The rush to tabloid journalism is really sad, no one fact checks a story anymore and they could care less if it is wrong, they just move on to the next sensationalist story.

Funny how they have the nerve to criticize Facebook for fake news when they are purveyors.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 31, 2016, 15:30 Ozmodan

Sad when the Washington Post stoops to NY Times levels. Of course NBC news had to report on this too without any research into the story. The state of the US's news organizations is sadly lacking.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 31, 2016, 15:19 Ozmodan

A 4k monitor on a surface pro, rather ridiculous, most people won't discern a difference with such a small screen. What a waste of resources.  

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 28, 2016, 17:51 Ozmodan

The funny thing is, if you are a gamer, the cpu is not nearly as important as the graphics card. Used to have my system over clocked until I realized that there was no difference when running games. Anyways the overclocked cpu only lasted a year and a half. My current cpu is 4 years+ and going strong.

The newer Intel cpus really don't offer enough performance difference to buy a new one, especially since it will include a new motherboard and memory. While I have upgraded the graphics card 3 times during that period.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2016, 09:43 Ozmodan

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is still the Xmas film for me. The laughter this film generates can last for a long time.

Thanks Cutter for the hint about "The Warlord", I don't believe I have seen that one. It is always enjoyable to watch a Heston movie.

Wish everyone a very merry Xmas.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 22, 2016, 13:23 Ozmodan

Whine much? It remains to be seen what occurs with a Trump presidency. While I did not vote for him, I have hope that things will get better. His predecessor certainly made it worse for the average American so you have to include democrats too in your rant.

Our corporate tax rate is just far too high. Canada cut theirs in half and saw no reduction in revenues, hence the flight of many businesses to the north. Hopefully we will a reduction as one of Trumps initiatives, that should be a big help to many of the smaller companies which employee a vast majority of Americans.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 22, 2016, 13:15 Ozmodan

Why I have declined to update to 10.2 multiple times. It broke several friends iphones. If you updated, don't let the phone go below 50% charge.

Ignoring a major issue like this is just not like Apple.

News Comments > Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC
1. Re: Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC Dec 21, 2016, 11:00 Ozmodan

Unless this addresses the serious issues with the stupid AI it is DOA. Personally, I still play V as VI single player is just a joke.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
13. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Dec 15, 2016, 18:38 Ozmodan

The only time I upgrade drivers any more if I need them for a game. Nvidia who used to check their drivers before releasing them have been doing a horrible job of it lately.

I also stopped using the driver utility as I will not setup another stupid account anymore when in the end the account info will probably get hacked.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2016, 14:59 Ozmodan

Just stopped playing mobile games, I have yet to find one worthy of investing any time in it.

Perhaps someday someone will code a real game on mobile, but until then I will just ignore them.

1660 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo