Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 2047 (Senior)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 19, 2018, 21:54 Ozmodan

If you need a card now, I would buy it, the 20xx series will be in short supply until close to xmas. A lot of the vendors are still ramping up production.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
14. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 18, 2018, 18:00 Ozmodan

Lord Tea wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 15:14:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 15:04:
Are there any games that take advantage of real time ray tracing?

Yes. Battlefield 5, Metro Exodus... just to name a couple.

Why would anyone use ray tracing when even with a top end card it slows down your computer significantly?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 16, 2018, 17:43 Ozmodan

Better have an asbestos lap to use that computer with a 1070 in it.

Kroger is going to get themselves into a big lawsuit when they go to complete autonomous delivery as the AI that we have today is going to kill someone and lookout for lawsuits.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2018, 17:38 Ozmodan

Why would anyone use Twitter on the xbox?  

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
31. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 11, 2018, 17:58 Ozmodan

Wraith wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 16:13:
I guess I am stupid. Please explain.

The media you buy a game on is just media and in the case of a CD, that media is worth less than a dollar.

When you buy a game you're paying for the experience. You can't then finish the game and turn around and sell that experience to someone else. That's copyright infringement and it's theft.

Let me see if I can make it clearer. If you buy a game, finish it and then sell it to a chain of 10 friends who each buy it and sell it in turn, then 10 people have played the game.

However the development team only gets credit for 1 copy. Nobody gives a shit about the publishers, but the used game market fucks over the development teams. These teams get paid based on royalties, but the used game market steals royalties.

Does Gamesteal really deserve to resell a game 10 times? Really? Do you think that kind of thing is sustainable.

Like I said, the nuances of this argument are too complex for most people because people are stupid. Over the long term this activity results in developers getting screwed.

But, of course, who gives a shit when you can get a game for $10 off!

Morons.

Sorry your entire argument is rubbish. I do not know why you wasted your time, but consumer protection laws trump anything you said.

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
30. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 11, 2018, 17:55 Ozmodan

Wraith wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 14:06:
The used game market is theft, pure and simple. The problem is, most people are too stupid to understand this.

Can you spout more nonsense? Perfectly legal!

News Comments > Blizzard Teases "Multiple Diablo Projects"
6. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 8, 2018, 17:08 Ozmodan

I can see a battle royal version of Diablo. Blizzard is not one to pass a popular game theme.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 8, 2018, 11:21 Ozmodan

Love reading threads like this to get my morning chuckle.

As for streaming, I do not think many of us will be alive to see it. As someone mentioned below, it is with great trepidation I go into games where it will cost me if I die because at that point in time Spectrum chooses to disconnect.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2018, 17:14 Ozmodan

When you see Rend in the top 5, you have to wonder if there are any discerning gamers. Talk about a horrible game.....  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 1, 2018, 08:17 Ozmodan

The robots will do great until someone hacks them, then woe to the bank that used them.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 30, 2018, 15:09 Ozmodan

Anyone buying an I9 has their head up their ass. Unless you super cool it. the chip runs hot and hot means it throttles itself. That does not even compare the extra processing that Intel requires for meltdown.

Secondly that is a comparison of a $2000 chip verses a $299 chip.

News Comments > Monster Hunter World PC Performance Explained
8. Re: Monster Hunter World PC Performance Explained Jul 30, 2018, 15:02 Ozmodan

There are a ton of games that do not run well at 1440p. This is not the only one. One of the reasons I have held off on 4k.

You can run this game at 2k on a 1060 with little problem. Personally, I can't really tell the difference between 4k and 2k in most games.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 29, 2018, 07:05 Ozmodan

Killing the headphone jack is one of the dumber things Apple has done. Its competition continues to use headphone jacks and it is a huge issue with many users.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 27, 2018, 23:04 Ozmodan

Well the chip will still throttle. It all depends on how hot the processor gets and those I9's get hot in a laptop without decent cooling. So anyone thinks this issue is fixed is fooling themselves.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 25, 2018, 10:37 Ozmodan

NBA players are so dumb....  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 25, 2018, 09:20 Ozmodan

Apple lies. The problem is NOT software it is poor heat ventilation in the laptop. The Intel chip throttles itself everytime it detects heat above a certain level.

Anyone who thinks this is going away with a simple software fix is clueless. Apple chose the wrong Intel chips and this laptop will never perform at the levels Apples expects until you use it in a deep freeze!

Dell has the same issue with the same chips. Apple laptops are junk and will remain so long as Apple does not hire some decent PC engineers!

News Comments > Steam Chat Launches
14. Re: Steam Chat Launches Jul 25, 2018, 09:13 Ozmodan

subx wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 05:33:
Adding the params -nochatui -nofriendsui when starting Steam seems to kill it for the moment.

Perfect, thanks much.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 20, 2018, 19:39 Ozmodan

These high level people are just administrators, the guys in the trenches do the actual work. Maybe it is time for new leadership?  

News Comments > Steam Ban Spree
15. Re: Steam Ban Spree Jul 20, 2018, 19:11 Ozmodan

Darks wrote on Jul 20, 2018, 15:53:
Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2018, 14:27:
True, there are going to be false positives. In which case you can appeal them. However VAC bans only ban you from playing on VAC secured servers. It does not ban you from playing the game.

OK, but what if that server thats hosting the game is a Coop only server and you have been banned? See the problem? You are now screwed over and cant play the game Coop with your friends.

This is why I like being able to host my own Coop servers without any intrusive bullshit like VAC.

I have to disagree here. The amount of cheating going on in these games is incredible. I fault many of the console game makers here with all their cheat modes part of the game. Too many people consider cheating just part of the game just because of prior game play experiences. If you don't want to be banned, don't cheat!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 18, 2018, 10:19 Ozmodan

What is with this apologyitis that has infected idiots all over. Sorry the Rising Sun is part of history. If you start avoiding anything that can be associated as bad you will completely eliminate history.

2047 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo