Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 1726 (Pro)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 14:57 Ozmodan

Got a real laugh out of the drink a day study that supposedly causes cancer. Just read another one saying drinking a glass of wine daily lowers your chances of getting it.

Well since it is CNN, I will just call if fake news, they would not know real news if it hit them in the face.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. May 23, 2017, 14:52 Ozmodan

The voice actor strike is a complete joke. Bet the studios are really worried as just about anyone can do it.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 23, 2017, 14:49 Ozmodan

Most of the current devices have little or no security on them. As with many manufacturers they went the cheapest way to implement them.

Buying a connected device these days is a braindead exercise.

Story on the news not long ago, some local idiot installed cameras throughout his house and the next thing you know, naked pictures of his wife showed up on the internet.

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Giveaway
1. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2 Giveaway May 22, 2017, 20:32 Ozmodan

Pretty good game...

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers
18. Re: Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers May 19, 2017, 13:29 Ozmodan

Well I have better games to play, Bungie is well known for horrible PC ports.

Might pick it up when it goes on sale, since it will be on Battlenet that will probably be a long time from now.

I won't play it on the console though.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. May 19, 2017, 08:58 Ozmodan

Some seriously delusional developers there....  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2017, 12:04 Ozmodan

Personally I can't imagine a more poorly put together series. On the other hand I thought Orville was at least funny.

CBS can shove their streaming vehicle up where the sun doesn't shine.

Just another network killing itself with a trashy streaming vehicle.

In 10 years it is very doubtful if any of these major networks will still be around. Local affiliates might survive, but the national programming will be only on major streaming services. The quality of network programming is getting worse by the year. All you have to do is look at what Netflix, Amazon and many of the other streaming services are doing, MUCH better shows.

News Comments > Raiders of the Broken Planet Video Diary
1. Re: Raiders of the Broken Planet Video Diary May 18, 2017, 11:50 Ozmodan

That does not sound fun to me.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2017, 23:21 Ozmodan

The Switch success, just shows you that people seem to like mindless drivel Mario games.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer
15. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer May 17, 2017, 23:16 Ozmodan

Personally much rather play Lord of the Rings Online than this to get my Gandalf or Frodo kick.  

News Comments > Endless Space 2 Exploit Trailer
1. Re: Endless Space 2 Exploit Trailer May 17, 2017, 22:40 Ozmodan

Another 4x space strategy game that misses the point. The AI is some of the stupidest AI I have seen in a 4x space strategy. There was better AI in MOO3 which is rather sad.

There are a lot of positive reviews on steam, but they all make excuses for all things the game lacks and the multitude of bugs it still has.

It is possible they will make some improvement to the AI with future fixes, but we all know that is a crap shoot.

This comment was edited on May 17, 2017, 22:56.

News Comments > Overwatch Anniversary Event; Free Weekend; GotY Edition Coming
1. Re: Overwatch Anniversary Event; Free Weekend; GotY Edition Coming May 17, 2017, 22:39 Ozmodan

$60 is still too much for this game. Typical premium pricing by Blizzard.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 17, 2017, 07:32 Ozmodan

What I do not understand is why anyone watches MOBAs. It is just a constant repeat of what they watched the last time. The differences between the matches is just the heroes used and that is not that different after watching a few of them.

Why anyone watches esports when you could actually play the games yourself is mind boggling to me.

News Comments > Dreadnought Open Beta
1. Re: Dreadnought Open Beta May 16, 2017, 10:06 Ozmodan

Enough with the f2p trash.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2017, 14:39 Ozmodan

Brazor wrote on May 15, 2017, 12:08:
Both parties benefit from spying on people. Until enough of their constituents complain, they'll do whatever they or the people giving them campaign money want.

As for XP and the exploit. This will not cause companies to upgrade, Especially hospitals. All the software they use for their medical equipment was custom built for that equipment and won't work on any other OS. It's cheaper for the hospitals to wipe all the computers and reinstall the images they have stored.

I worked in a lab with many such systems. The trick is that you make sure none of them are running on the network and just ignore the nonsense that they need access to the data on the network. You force them to use removable media. That works in all cases and while more time consuming, far safer! We had 17 systems running XP because of preprietary software and got all of them off the network. The only way we allowed any networking was if the computers were in a separate network not connected to the internet.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2017, 14:32 Ozmodan

The only thing wrong with windows XP are the dumbasses still running it. I have had several calls from people who got this ransomeware and all of them were running XP. I tell all of them to at least get Windows 7 and if their computer cannot support it, get a new one.

Most of the concern was pictures they had on their computer. There are so many cloud storage options out there, including sites like Shutterfly who do not charge for storage that I just do not feel sorry for them.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 14, 2017, 11:52 Ozmodan

If you were hit by this malware it is time to upgrade your OS to something current. Serves everyone right if they got this bug.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance May 14, 2017, 11:50 Ozmodan

The reports are some hospitals got it, if so the administrators should be fired immediately. If they had patched their systems or upgrade to a more current OS this would not have happened. Cyber security should never be an after thought

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 14, 2017, 11:44 Ozmodan

As backward as China still is in most places, only in the big cities could this happen. More tripe from a very challenged journalist who went for the sensationalist side and ignored the reality side.  

News Comments > DayZ Beta Nears
8. Re: DayZ Beta Nears May 6, 2017, 07:40 Ozmodan

Beta my butt, game that has been released for 3 years is not in any prerelease stages.  

1726 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo