Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 1555 (Pro)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Fishing Beta Opens
6. Re: World of Fishing Beta Opens Nov 4, 2015, 00:13 Ozmodan

Cutter wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 22:59:
People love fishing in MMOs so why not a fishing MMO? It'd probably be do better as an SP game with MP, but I will not be surprised if they do pretty well with this. Honestly, there have been worse ideas for games.

The only people who fish in MMO's are those with so much time on their hands that they can't think of anything else to do. One of those last skills you actually bother with. I just don't see this game going anywhere.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 3, 2015, 21:36 Ozmodan

Notice the new games are already locking fps on consoles. The graphics chips on the consoles are already out dated. There are no new consoles in sight atm either.

Just $200 gets me a pc graphics card that is significantly faster than any console.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
16. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 14:40 Ozmodan

I played 3 on both PC and console and I thought there was a huge advantage with a mouse/keyboard over the controller. Maybe for someone that is really deft with the controller there might not be such a big difference, but it is for me.  

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Orsinium DLC Released
5. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Orsinium DLC Released Nov 3, 2015, 14:30 Ozmodan

Why would you use a gamepad on a pc? The keyboard/mouse combo is so much superior, especially if you are doing pvp.  

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Free DLC
10. Re: Sword Coast Legends Free DLC Oct 31, 2015, 08:34 Ozmodan

DarkCntry wrote on Oct 31, 2015, 01:21:
My friends and I enjoy the game and we all hail from the days of yore...even pre-dating the whole notion of Elf being a class.

Honestly I remember no one even claiming it was going to be NWN, only that it was going to bring the ability to run D&D digitally. That said, the tools are pretty bare-bones right now and I'm part of the optimistic crowd and hoping they will get fleshed out, but until then my friends and I are quite content running the game the way it is as a weekly thing.

Glad you are enjoying it with your friends. The game does have possibilities but it is obvious they released it way too early it is not even close to being finished. I guess if you don't mind paying for a half finished game, that seems to be quite common these days, it is your money. Personally, I tried it with a friend and we both removed it from our systems. It is a complete waste of money at this point from our perspective. To say we were disappointed is an understatement. The above patch really does nothing to help the game. Might try it again if they actually fix some of the major problems.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 29, 2015, 16:54 Ozmodan

Can't even imagine trying to play a fps game on a phone. All you would be is cannon fodder.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2015, 16:52 Ozmodan

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 13:30:
Razumen wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 10:59:
I wonder if Sony kind of shot themselves in the foot by switching architectures again? Sure the Cell had it's issues, but developers were getting used to working with it, and if they improved the design they could've had an even better performing console than the XB1 that might have actually been capable of supporting PS3 games.

They would have had to pay for the development cost of a new cell processor. That's 100s of millions of dollars, and there's no guarantee that it would be faster than x86 architecture which has had billions poured into its development over the years. Also, Sony originally developed the cell proc along with IBM and Toshiba, neither of whom really ended up doing anything with it. Finding partners this time around would probably prove pretty difficult.

Exactly. Moving to the Intel cpus was a no brainer. The xbox would have kicked their butt in performance unless they dumped a lot of money into the PS3 architecture. So they saved a lot of money and got a box that is better than the xbox.

News Comments > Blade & Soul Founder's Closed Beta Tomorrow
2. Re: Blade & Soul Founder's Closed Beta Tomorrow Oct 28, 2015, 13:30 Ozmodan

Another name for a founder is SUCKER!

Black Desert is a pretty game, but don't even bother with it unless you are into pvp.

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
18. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 18:16 Ozmodan

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 16:00:
Well all that bitching about no content is why it's pushed back to June.

And you seriously believe that by June this content will be added? Sorry to break it to you, but that is a really short time table for the content they are talking about. After reading what they are proposing, it is obvious to anyone familiar with game design that this will be a long work in progress, June being just a starting point.

Why people pay for partially finished games and then come whining to forums about lack of a finishe product is ludicrous.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
54. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 18:05 Ozmodan

1badmf wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 17:30:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 17:06:
Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 13:56:
Invisible sky wizards

Can we please not get into this? Yes, there are those of us who actually believe in God. You don't have to agree with my beliefs but at least be respectful. This is an community of varying expressions.

you got to be shittin me. probably half the posts on blues are troll posts, yet you expect to be exempted from it... why? cuz your beliefs are more special than the rest of us?

So you have to be a jerk about it? You sad, not bad.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
53. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 18:02 Ozmodan

Funny how the media can blow up some nameless study to make it seem as if the world is coming to an end. First off, most of these studies are designed to show the result they want to show.

What it comes down to, don't over indulge. If you spend your life eating solely processed meats, you will eventually probably have problems.

A good example of this is all the nuts out there that won't touch anything unless it is organic. Just because something has an organic label on it does not mean it better for you.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Follow-up
12. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Follow-up Oct 26, 2015, 16:20 Ozmodan

nin wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 15:58:
Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 15:33:
ing them, because we're making more money.

DING DING DING DING DING!

If people didn't buy this shit, it wouldn't keep happening. And yet it does...

Exactly

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Drops WinXP
1. Re: Natural Selection 2 Drops WinXP Oct 20, 2015, 21:00 Ozmodan

Seriously, what person plays new games on a computer that still has xp on it, or maybe I should say what computer with xp on it can still play any of the new games? Don't see that as an issue for any developer.  

News Comments > World of Warships Adds Ships
2. Re: World of Warships Adds Ships Oct 19, 2015, 21:10 Ozmodan

Good luck trying to play a Russian battleship, all they had were WWI rejects and forget air craft carriers.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
74. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 17:16 Ozmodan

They just don't have enough money to finish this. What a waste of money.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 19, 2015, 17:15 Ozmodan

Well MS's October 2 update broke Edge for good. Tried the few suggestions I have found to no avail. Chrome and Firefox work great so up yours Microsoft, until you can write a browser that works....  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video
7. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video Oct 16, 2015, 11:22 Ozmodan

Kind of ridiculous them claiming to have so many systems when in fact most of them are just blatant copies of prior systems.

It is ok for a space shooter, but I was expecting a lot more. I think I will pass on this next expansion, their games seem more hype than fact.

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
70. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 14:57 Ozmodan

Whatever it was, it was WAY too much spent on the voice actors when there are a ton of out of work actors who would do just as good a job for a lot less money.

This studio is throwing money away on everything, it is like they have no one minding the pocketbook and if someone was fiscally responsible they have long ago left the sinking ship.

It will be fun watching the feedback when this ship actually sinks and it is not a question of if, just a question of when.

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
58. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 14:02 Ozmodan

As P.T. Barnum once said "There is a sucker born every minute"

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
158. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 12, 2015, 14:32 Ozmodan

Zor wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 14:26:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 13:37:
Dude. Every single crowdfunding project from the 2012/2013 era has either been released or is in a much more advanced state of development than Star Citizen.

I'll admit, I stopped reading at this point. And I disagree. You're completely ignoring the fact that Star Citizen is unequivocally unlike any other crowdfunding project of 2012/2013 with the exception of also being a "video game." It is without merit to compare an apple to an orange to suit your argument. That's not even taking into account the iterative nature of software development which, from title to title, will never happen the same way twice, not even from the same studio.

I think the point you are missing is complete absence of any fiscal and management control in this project. They seem to focus on bling rather than any substance. This announcement just reinforces that fact. If you are an investor, you can't be thrilled with the way they are throwing money around. That alone has canceled many software projects before completion.

1555 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo